Speaker 1: From the Skying Center. This is Paul Murray Live. Hello, Thank you Karen, thank you geting happy Sunday wherever you happen to be. You've got a lot to get to tonight, including my thoughts on the madness in Melbourne in the past couple of days, giving us their bold predictions for the week, and responding to some of the news. It's around one other than Lee Hanson and Michael Kroger, both here for a big chat and if like me, you're like your rock and roll and at times nice and hard. Izz the Osborne last time on stage today, last time We're Black Sabbath and some notable people who passed away who Austratings would know in a moment or two time before I get to again the madness in Melbourne. What about this story this weekend about the zoo or the worker. We don't know if it's a zoo keeper, but a Queensley woman who's had our arm ripped off by a lion. This was at a zoo not too far from to Woomba. This is the media and how they covered it today. Shocking incident at the Queensland Zoo.
Speaker 2: A woman has lost an arm after she was mauled by a line.
Speaker 3: A lion has mauled a woman at a Queensland zoo.
Speaker 4: The woman was inside the animal's enclosure while it was being cleaned when the big cat pounced.
Speaker 1: Now, thankfully, well I when they say she's okay, okay, she got an arm torn off right? Exactly how and when that detail comes out in the next little while. But the coverage has been amazing to have a look at today. Well done to the quary of Male of having all of the latest information on this giving the news startches to Queensland, but everyone around the country. But I'll tell you what, what an extraordinary situation of what actually has taken place yet now again we don't have a huge amount of information, but here in part is what happened at Channel nine. I lead the story the show with this tonight because frankly it's the only one people we're talking about this weekend.
Speaker 4: The zoo revealing in a statement a much loved member of our family was watching keepers working in the carnival precinct when inexplicably, one animal grabbed her by one arm and caused severe damage. At no stage did this animal leave its enclosure, and there was no risk at all to staff all members of the public. The victim is described as having twenty years of experience entering the carnivore enclosure, well versed in safety protocols around potentially dangerous animals.
Speaker 1: You know, again, I don't know what took place here. I don't know whether this was as normal and something crazy has happened. This is why I'm always fearful, really always fearful. And I know we met plenty people around the country doing outtown who are with big animals, big animals in zoos like this, and they seem to be imperfect sync with them. But of course it is an animal, a wild animal, even if to some degree it ain't so well because it may all have spent much of its life into captivity. But you get the point. This was the reaction from the line protection director.
Speaker 5: In terms of something that's common, this is quite rare. I think we can kind of, you know, keep these guys captive. There's always going to be that spark of a wild animal, and I think today's pretty much testament to that. They're still unpredictable.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, and again this could have been much worse. Why wasn't it, Well, that's because of course, she was saved.
Speaker 4: Wheeled away on a stretcher. A zoo worker in her fifties, a victim of a big cat bite. Nine News understands she was saved by the quick actions of an employee who used a belt to tie a tornaquet.
Speaker 1: My goodness, that is extraordinary. You know those stories that are going to go around the world, This one is already going around the world. Why Wild Animals Australia, Queensland. Where we know more, you'll know more. Otherwise, keep an eye on the Skyies website skonies dot com dot Au and of course to get full access to four live channels of what we do, make sure that you get the sky News app and sign up there as well for just five bucks a month. Do it all at Skyies dot com dot Au. Now to the madness in Melbourne this weekend, take your pick now, as you know, there is somebody who is currently before or court after being accused of spraying some sort of accelerant upon the doors of a synagogue that had people inside it. That fire was then lit and again this was an extraordinary scenario that thankfully did not become what many would have feared. As I say, somebody is before the court. So there's not a lot more that can be said about the specific incident apart from all of the obvious. But it wasn't the only stupid thing that happened when it came to a frankly dark and nasty thing that had happened in Melbourne this weekend in relation to parts of the Jewish community. Now, I don't know why people think that they are morally superior to others, which means they can just go and disrupt other people's lives. That is exactly what took place when a whole bunch of people decided to start storming the outside of a restaurant in Melbourne. Wait till you hear one of the people who is part of the regular protests that take place in their reaction to all of this. But this is some of the Jewish leaders, and there was responds to this crazy, wild, unacceptable and frightening weekend towards Jewish people in Melbourne. A synagogue firebomb, the second synagogue firebomb. Where is the government?
Speaker 6: It's beyond belief and I just feel that it's an Australian We do.
Speaker 4: Not have to wait for somebody to be killed or to be injured to take this threat and this growing threat seriously.
Speaker 7: We are talking about an attack on Melbournians, and on Victorians and on Australians. This is not just an attack upon Jews or the Jewish community. It is an attack upon our way of life.
Speaker 1: Now, no, Dad, I look forward to all of the usual suspects and all of the usual parts of the media telling us why none of this matters, nothing's connected to anything else. Have a look the other way. There is no broad based version of violence towards a particular religious minority. Look the other way. It's all just made up. Remember that was their attitude in the past. Asked, well again, you have scenarios that police at this stage believe are completely separate, which is the burning of the doors of the synagogue, and then this disruption of dinner, which was not just a couple of people hecking and carrying on. They got right in there. It turned out to be quite quite confronting for anyone who was there, and became quite violent. Now, from all of those who claim to be the betters amongst us, the leaders, you will notice one person missing the Victorian Premier storm. Nothing, not a word about what is happening in what she had previously described as the world save a city.
Speaker 6: Last night's us an attack on the synagogue in East Melbourne is cowardly, is an act of violence and anti Semitism and has no place in Australian society.
Speaker 1: This was clearly a targeted fire and we will not accept any acts of anti Semitism or hate based crime.
Speaker 8: Arson attacks, the chanting, calls for death, other attacks and graffiti. None of it belonged to Australia and they were attacks on Australia.
Speaker 9: A heinous act, a horrific act, a criminal act, and people will be held to account for it.
Speaker 1: Eventually we're going to see an outcome that no one wants to see, don't you like Tony Burke? And look again, he spoke, Prime Minister spoke all the rest of it. But you know when their heart's in it, right, you know, when they truly consider something to be a moral or national security outrage. Did you like how we were self editing there about the calls for death, and of course it's death. Death to the IDF is the most recent calls that have been made, including on the streets of Australia. But I don't know, we're just edit ourselves there because you know, we want to seen to be everywhere, but not all in because you know there'll be a problem. Well, despite the fact that these were the events of the weekend, there were more protests. Now again this situation. One of the joys of living this far away is that we do not need to live everything at the pace of life. Yes, sometimes we do, but the idea that this is the way to spend a weekend afternoon in Melbourne just does my head in. It truly does every now and then, but every single week anyway. This was some of the back and forth that happened in terms of some of the protesters that were around over the weekend but haven't listened to one of the apparent organizers of these protests also being asked about the nonsense that happened when it came to the restaurant. Now here's how it works. If you truly are anti something, you say I am anti No. If snowbuts have a listened, how yeah, but is what you hear about five seconds into this comic.
Speaker 2: We condemn any attack in any washer places, but all saw we condemned the double standards.
Speaker 9: Mohammad Shurab has led peaceful anti genocide demonstrations in Melbourne months. He regrets that things got physical. US was making no apologies on behalf of the activists who targeted the Jewish restaurant.
Speaker 2: Is not businesses or organized essens that aid and support genocide are not welcome here. This business should be boycotted and it should be as a financial target for us as the movement.
Speaker 1: Now, I put up, what are you talking about if there is a direct link between what you order on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday from a restaurant and war zones on the other side of the world. Okay, but in everything I saw, I didn't see any receipts. Is it because of the government that they support or the people that they are? Again, I see no receipts. Put this stuff up. There is nothing that justifies what took place this weekend. I just like, well, you know, we are boring, but it just doesn't work for that. Now, just sind around on one of the massive criticisms she's gonna copy here is she might punch something out on Twitter or put out a statement, get in front of one of these. Now, look, unless there's some personal reason why she was unable to and we may learn that in the next twenty four hours. It again shows and we have seen this when there is a situation the government deems serious enough, it's all hands on deck, everyone everywhere, all at once go. They clearly don't think that this stuff is I don't know why, because we know if it was any other faith, it was any other location, we all know what the national conversation would be, what the national response would be. More about this when we have a chat with Michael Kroger and Lee Hanson in a couple of minutes. You may well have noticed that we have passed the fourth of July. We are now the sixth of July in Australia. Son coming up on the same day in the United States. Well, Donald Trump is running fast towards his own self imposed deadline, and that is going to be on the ninth of July, and that is when a ten percent tariff is put onto every single country that exports things into the United States. Australia mostly affected by steel. Now, so I've said before, this is not an insignificant thing for the Australian economy, but it's also not going to be the end of times because of all of the things that we export to the United States. The number one of those is steel and it equates for about a quarter of the steel market. So again no one is pretending that it is not significant. But the way this will be played in the next few days that this is the reason why your mortgages have been high for the past three years. This is the reason why every time you go to the shops it has been widely expensive for the past few years. We all know that this government, in particular, with its terrible economic record, I don't care what happened to the election, with its terrible economic record at the last election talking a game on cost of living when the reality was things were getting worse, is now going to use the cover of Trump to blame everything. A perfect little example of that was some of the detail, or the pretty obvious between the lines that was being said by the Prime Minister at the Economic Future event which took place on Friday. You saw both the speech for the Prime Minister and a back and forth conversation with around Andrew Colnell. The whole event done in conjunction Sky News Australia and The Australian. Now basically he's turned around and pretty much given up on any sort of a change in the next few days. Now, remember there is a deadline. Presumably when there is a deadline and you are involved in the process of trying to avoid what you don't want to happen by the deadline, you'd be a little urgent. But of course, because he knows the politics is if this thing goes in, doesn't really hurt the Australian economy. It's an orange Man bad moment, which makes him look even better and freshly elected, and with Parliament coming back in the next couple of weeks, this is perfect for what he wants. But in part, this is what he said during those conversations on Friday.
Speaker 6: We are in a position where on July nine that won't really have an impact on us, because that's about other countries who have higher rates. We know that no country has a better tariff if you like level than ten percent. Now will continue to put our case we as we do.
Speaker 1: But he's a slippery one, right, and he's a very successful slippery one, and certainly people like myself and probably people like you are but not even stones in his shoes as an irritation. But believe me, he thinks about us a lot believe me, he talks about us a lot because people tell me. Right. But one of the questions in and around the effectiveness of Australia's ability to have the ten percent tariff removed is, of course the multiple times we have been this close to a meeting and it all falls away for whatever different reason. We also know that there was always at the heart of things a controversial person who was sent to the United States. Now the upside of this, it means that he can't do all of the freely wheeling he would do at home. Probably he'll end up as the Australian ambassador to the United Nations, or they'll just extend his term for the next four hundred years. Right. But again, one little line from the Prime Minister that came out on Friday that when I was watching I just you know what, I was yelling at the telly because he said.
Speaker 6: This when I went to the US. The connections that Kevin rad has. As much as people might be have had a view about Kevin over a period of time, no one could doubt his capacity, his hard work, his ability to work strongly.
Speaker 1: Now when I was in the United States, Kevin regards what you think of him he's doing an incredible job. This is one of the lines that's coming out right. The only problem is when he went to the Unit States during the Trump administration, I continue exactly where he went. He went to Seattle in Washington, where, of course they signed a deal with Amazon more data centers for Australia yay. And anyone who of course knows the difference between Washington, d C, where the president is, and where this announcement was being made, knows that it's about a how only forty hour drive. It literally is the other side of the country. It is basically as far away from Washington, DC as you can be when you go to America. So this idea that somehow, look when I was there before, I've seen him, a brushed past him. Come on. But it does bring us to a little more here where we know the times that he's been to the White House, of course, was with the previous president. Fine, they liked each other, they were closer breaking news Scott Morrison and Trump worked closer than he was with Biden. And you know, it is what happens, right, two blokes they get along and they don't get along. That's the way it works. But there is a little thing called the John Curtain oration, which wasn't a thing until Anthony Abernezi turned it into a thing when he was stalking Bill Shorden for all of those years that he was out of the game and he was able to free well and have big policy things and all covered as news because it was a person that the media liked well. Now as the reigning King and freshly reelected King of Australia, greatest prime minister of all time, he gave another speech this weekend. You may will have heard a little bit about it. Now, anyone who knows the history knows that John Curtin is one of one of the absolute most important prime ministers country's ever had. Why because rather than sending Aussie troops consistently over to Europe because that was the major focus of the UK and World War Two, he took a focus towards the Pacific because not just the Americans and our focus he was in the war with Japan. But of course Australia got bombed by literally subs into Sydney Harbor literally And to this day, if you've ever wondered why a person who lives in Queensland or a person who lives in the northern territory, doesn't quite trust the rest of the country because in World War II we drew a line. It was called the Brisbane Line. Put simply, if Japan invaded, we're buggering off back to this point. So unsurprisingly there is a bit of history. John Curtin is a substantial and amazing Australian Prime minister, of course labored with his bootstraps, but regardless of that political identity. So in the same way that he's trying to, you know, wear tracksuits like John Howard, and he's trying to pretend that he loves a boozer like Bob Hawk, and he's trying to pretend he's reforming the economy like poor Keating. He now is trying to associate himself in terms of international relations the same as John Curtin. But John Curtin was making his decisions in the middle of a freaking World war, when our own country was physically under assault, and he decided in this speech to say, among other things, that he set it out the pillars of the Australian way Albanez. He made it clear that this approach includes support for robust multilateralism, that means being up the backside of China while still trying to be in the pocket of the United States. Adherence to rules based order, which means things like the International Criminal Court, which is why you go after the Prime Minister of Israel should he end up before such a court. Unlikely, of course. Yet, however, rules based order doesn't seem to affect the Chinese version of things. Remember, the choice the curtain made was not between Japan and the UK. It was between the UK and the US about the principal defense of Australia. But we roll on here support for small and middle powers and a rejection of the great power peace as the basis of stability in the Indo Pacific. While this sends a message to Beijing, it will also reverberate Gordonly in Washington. The risk is that Albanezy will be seen as leaning into the differences between Labor and the Trump administration to win a domestic political dividend. That's the only game he cares about. It is the only game he cares about, because his bet is that we will never get into a situation where we need to be defended militarily, that we will never be in a situation when we would have to demand that the citizens of Australia, as we have in previous wars, would be forced to go and fight to defend Australia. His view is that if we technically, on paper, yes, with an awful lot of money, stay on the US side of things, but we remain the handsome little boy by never calling out the difficulties of China, then he gets to sit pretty. This is the Goldilock's position, and it may well be the the Goldilocke's political position that gets him reelected this time, next time, next time, next time, next time, next time. But you and I know that if and when it was ever the time for the country to be defended, it's too late to go and buy the missiles, to build the boats, or to have as many people on the front lines as possible. And again, the curtain choice, which I was I could not believe I was watching television today. I see because it was all about the Australian way is the Curtain way, and the curtain way of backing Australia and World War Two. Again, I do not profess to be a history major, but I do know the difference between a pivot between the English as the major forces, among others, but leading the forces against the Nazis and the Americans having to deal with the imperial Japanese. This is Year's seven history stuff. But because the assumption no one cares, Australia is not worth defending, all those people are just banging on about China are the people who don't understand the difference between and I love this concept. Don't understand the difference between the residents in Australia of Chinese extraction and the CCP garbage garbage. In the same way that Russians are not Vladimir Putins. These people are not President Zy, Australians are not Anthony Albineasy. You get the point. The citizens I never talk about with this stuff. Oh but you've always got to read the asterisk. If you don't read the asterisk, then somehow you're part of the problem. All four, I repeat, domestic political dividend, no surprise. All right, let's talk about some economic news, because there's a bit of it around this week. In fact, the big four banks are saying to the Reserve Bank, who is having to get another meeting, this time on Tuesday, cut the rate and I'm all good with this bring it on as a person who, like many, is trying to pay off a house, and like many, gets squeezed by this stuff because you do right. It doesn't matter what type of house you're trying to pay off. It's been a crazy few years. I don't care what the political ups and downs of it is. I just think that the economy needs some of the relief here that comes from people being able to hold onto some of their own money and banks having a back off a bit. An z Ed and west on Wednesday join the Commonwealth Bank, the National Australia Bank and Westpac in expecting the Reserve Bank Governor to announce a quarter a percent quarter percent cut to the rates on Tuesday, following the Bank's two day monetary policy meeting. It would take the cashreat to three point six percent, lowest level since mid twenty twenty three. Good. It would also follow its quarter percent cut in May and February, meaning somebody on a six hundred thousand dollar mortgage will have had three cuts and their payments will have been reduced by three hundred dollars a month. Good meantime on the stock market now, I don't want to freak anyone out here and again I'm just repeating the stuff that we read in all of the different sources here, and if it gets a little closer, we'll talk to Ross Greenwood. But another reason why you should watch Business Now four point thirty every single afternoon before Chris Kenny here on Sky News, that's four thirty East. Some suggestion that the ASX is currently overvalued and buckle up for a reality check. Now, nobody's allowed to say what that truly means. But what it means is if we keep having record day, record day, near to record day, record day, record day, near record day, where stocks are the highest that they've ever been, then perhaps that is not where this person thinks the true value of the Australian stock market should be. But simply, as they say, seek a doctor when it comes to your own medical advice, well talk to your financial panther or your accounted or somebody else because something's interesting. But of course, whatever happens, of course, only if it goes down, it's Trump's file. If it goes up, oh it's definitely not Trump, right, nothing to see there. Now a couple of people that many of us either grew up with or were canadam as contemporaries have passed away this weekend and I thought it important to recognize their contribution to Australian culture. Peter Russell Clarke, of course, was a very famous television chef. Julian McMahon was the son of a Prime minister who went on to become a not just famous actor in this country, internationally famous as well. Let's talk about Peter Russell Clark first. For those that, like yourself, were kids in the nineteen eighties, just before the news, there was this little five minute show and it was a five minute show that was part cooking show, part how Goods Australia, hosted by a bloke who made it completely acceptable to have a beard on television, Peter Russell Clark. The show this one. Come man Gettett, Come man gettet with Peter Russell the Park in the City or the Outbacks, Australia's raids. Come man Gettett, Come man gettet. Good food, you love two mes, Come man geett, Come man Gettett. There's people who can get so good, so good. Anyone who remembers this, and certainly is an awful lot of people who went and went looking for it on YouTube this weekend. This show is this lovely little reminder about a certain type of Australia, a certain type of Australia where this bloke you never quite knew where he came from, was out and about laughing with people who like the Robert de Castella of course, a legend of the Olympic and Commonwealth Games. On top of that, there was the cooking that took place, but then there was sort of food and lifestyle chat. But he was just this guy who just felt super Australian, and in the late seventies but principally eighties and kind of into the nineties, he was a familiar, regular everywhere presence on Australian TV with Peter Gray. Gray and a lot of people got very excited about the Giday because it was constantly there and as he said in multiple interviews, I just thought we said Gadey, but it became his thing. And I know, gidhe is not something that we say on TV that often. But frankly, in many ways because the TV shows like that, It's why I'll say it more often, because I just think it's what you say on Telly, right, But I know it's not what people do on TV anymore. Well, I like the Australia where people like Peter Russell Clark were front and center. Now again I said about this show. What I found cool about his show was that, yeah, okay, I was about cooking and sometimes a bit fancy cooking for the nineteen eighties. I know there was some tut tutting in our house about how fancy things were. But he was a bloke who understood that gap between the World War II parents and the baby Boomer kids, who of course ended up being the parents too, my generation Generation X.
Speaker 10: When I was a boy, people belted beef into them by the bucket lads. They'd be chomping in the legs of lamb.
Speaker 1: They'd be eating steaks that big.
Speaker 10: But not today, they're concerned about the fatty issue.
Speaker 1: More TV, more pieces to cameral of that place, walking past all that meat. Bit of Butcher's work. I loved it. He was a regular on TV talk shows. And remember in Australia, way back when we used to have TV shows, like multiple TV shows that were on all about the same time in the middle of the day, let alone the ones that were at night, let alone the late night ones. This was of course the one on Channel seven I think for a memory, which was when Burt Newton was there for a little while. And you can go and find some of his great appearances, including this very funny one he did on Community TV Channel thirty one where he's sort of talking old school and the young presenters not quite picking up some of what he's saying, which I really liked. On top of that, he clearly, because he was such an effective television talent, was a good spokesperson. The bloke could flog some product, Now, how's this my basic food groups, he had them more. He literally represented cheese, butter and eggs, all at different times in his career. But there is one thing that to this day people of a certain age, regardless of what age you were, but if you were around when this bloke was on the telly, you know exactly what this question is and you're probably about to say it back to me here I got this, where's the cheese? Right?
Speaker 10: Australian SE's of course, because I reckon it's even better than the important stud Now where's the cheese? And not just Australian Chad that Ozzy Swiss Puzzy eat him and Gooda and there's even a nosy Mozarella mucharella.
Speaker 1: I love it. Where's the cheese? I just loved it? So cool? So this is all my childhood. You know, we all complain about how often kids spends screen time. Now mine was spent in front of what was back then a square and then the rectangle that is now sixteen by nine. He also made it completely acceptable for chest Here to be on television. I know some people send me an email every now and then, what about this? This was him? I think with don Lay. Look at this, just the full bag of fruit. He's got the hat on and no shirt. What a look? Can I do that for our time sometime soon? Who knows, you know, I'll be having a particularly good time if it is. But yeah, Peter Russell clarking, Yeah. He died eighty nine, his family putting out a statement that his pain is over, so presumably going through a period of illness. But thank you for many smiles and many things to just rattle around in gen X's heads and will forever meantime, As I said, Julian McMahon, far younger, at just fifty six, he died, or we learned of it over the weekend Julian McMahon was, of course the son of Billy McMahon, the Prime Minister. Brought a bit of class like sonya of course his mum to Hollywood. Once he started acting, he did so in shows here in Australia like Home and Away. Part of our tribute package that ran this weekend explained some of his other acting roles, particularly in the United States.
Speaker 11: He continued to shine on the small screen with roles in Charmed and Nip Tuck. His film career started in nineteen ninety two and saw him starring alongside Hollywood heavyweights.
Speaker 1: Honestly some very cool films, some great TV shows. And his wife put out the statement this is the statement upon the death of Julian McMahon at just fifty six.
Speaker 11: Beloved husband Julian McMahon died peacefully this week after a valiant effort to overcome cancer. Julian loved life, He loved his work, and he loved his fans. His deepest wish was to bring joy into as many lives as possible to I was.
Speaker 1: He legends sadly no longer with us. We are the better for their cultural commitment and efforts across the world. Quick break back with more lots of talk about, including a bold prediction for the week ahead and some of the response to the madness that's been taking place in Victoria and a very special woman from Western Australia before we had done. We're just getting started. I loved him, loved chest. Thank you to everyone who just sent me a text message. I just got about half a dozen minutes. Just go mate, do the chest here, come on, do it tonight. I didn't get that request though from Lee Hanson's joining us now, from Hobart, nor from Michael Kroger in Melbourne, so I don't want to upset them in any way, shape or form. But Peter Russell Clark just a great bit ofness super Australia. I love it, guys, love you to see you and of course you are in the warmest parts of the country, being Tasmania and Victoria tonight, in the depths of winning. Thank you for doing it all right, Michael, let's start with you. The garbage that took place this weekend, the garbage where you hear from the protesters are we amoonish all violence, But da da da da da da da da da we see justinterer allan a statement, but no urgency in terms of getting in front of a camera as best as we can see, radio and of view, nothing like that whatsoever. And of course there's the other situation about that the synagogue, of course, a person who's been charged, which does limit our ability to talk about it to a point. For your thoughts on yet another ridiculous weekend of well, what seems to be religious focused violence.
Speaker 3: Well, mate, Victoria is bankrupt and lawless. Alban Easy and Justindra Allen ever since October seven, have been condemning Anysemitism. No one seems to be listening to them. I mean every few Daysannie Burg Alberesi Alan whoever come out with these statements condemning antisemitism, condemning this condemning that no one listens to them at all. In fact, violence against the Jewish community is increasing in Victoria, as we saw from the despicable acts on the weekend. No one's listening to the labor government and they're not doing anything. And unfortunately Albanesi has given aid and comfort to a lot of these demonstrators by his performance and policies since October seven. I want to run through the list, but everyone knows what they are this is man who is a man and jincinra Allen as premier here who have not been sympathetic to Israel, not been sympathetic to the Jewish community. And what do we see. We see a restaurant trashed in Melbourne on Friday night and what one person was arrested. There were twenty people trashing a restaurant. One got arrested. No, Victoria's lawless, the labor government, no one respects on this issue and unfortunately the Jewish community un safe in Victoria. And shame on Labor because that's their fault. Basically Lee.
Speaker 1: It also speaks to I mean, the reality is that with the world of CCTV and the world of how quickly we know when anything happens. Here's one hundred camera phones, here's the view from across the road. We know instantly when people want to go all in on trying to find something out. They go in pretty quickly and we start to see things publicly. Again, this is when you are the leader of a state. Look at say the New South Wales premier Chris Mins. Remember when he got up early in the morning to go to the fire bombing of a childcare center. I don't know what's going on in just Cintera Allen's life, but she needs to focus and start to be as quick about this as she would be on other types of motivated violence.
Speaker 12: Correct, I'm not seeing any leadership in this at all. And you've got to ask the question why why is this hate speech? And let's be honest, terroristic acts happening and allow it to be happened. Why isn't our government standing up and putting the foot down and holding them account and enough is enough, It's not strong enough, it's not good enough. I feel for the Jewish community, I feel for everybody else who is going through this and their hands are tired as well. We need leadership, we need strong government, and we need zero tolerance on this full stop. What message is this sending to our Jewish communities and internationally as well? Where are our leaders? Why can't they lead? Why can't they step up? And the question I keep asking is is it a vote? Is it to purely gain the votes? Where's their backbone?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if we've got to speak cruelly about politics here, we know what the failures were of the federal government going to the last election. We know what the result was out of the last election. So I don't know, Michael, do they assume that that's just the way to hold on and that worked in Victoria from the FED. So let's do it at the state level. Just let the usual suspects blow up about it on TV and just roll through.
Speaker 3: Well, look, the terrible reality of this is that there's only one hundred thousand Jewish voters in Australia. There's eight hundred thousand Muslim voters, and as we know, Tony Burke and Chris Bowen, etc. Jason Claire are hostage to Muslim voters, the overall majority of who make a great contribution to this country. But the few extremists and neo Nazis amongst them are Jewish hating Australian citizens apparently, who perpetuate these violent acts against the Jewish community. Labor have been unable to rain these people in and stronger action needs to be taken. These demonstrations. I mean all in favor of free speech and demonstrations are part of Western democracy, but there are so much hatreds spewing out of these demonstrations in Victoria. I don't believe they're entirely peaceful. The signs that may be the public statements of the organizers, mate, but we've seen flags and signs and comments and behavior which might lead one to believe that there was a lot of Jewish hatreds viewing out of these demonstrations. And we saw that on Friday night. We saw it the synagogue the other night. This disgusting behavior has happened under the watch of just Cinra Allen and Albanisi, and they've been unable or unwilling to do something about it, mate, And it's a disgrace. And whatever they say of Albanisi, he will be remembered as the prime minister who, on his watch this happened in this great country.
Speaker 1: All right, Now, my history teacher back from the other days of high school, mister Yallaco, who does watch the show. I'm waiting for him to correct me, But it was Peter who jumped in and corrected me. To add to everything else I was saying about John Curtain, World War Two, Japanese Americans don't forget about broom in Western Australia, as well as Darwin of course, the incidents in Sydney and that Brisbane line. I get why Queensland is feel the way they do around the rest of the country. All right at times. Now let's talk here about the Prime minister making this speech where again he's hoping that because it says John Curtin on the lectern and somehow he will be considered to be the same. But again, the choices of John Curtin will not the choices between the United States and China. All of the military build up is because of China, because of the potential adversary of China. The United States is not the one that, among other things, remember all of the cyber crimes of trying to get things like the blueprints to our Asio buildings, let alone everything else. But he's being made out here that oh, there's this, there's this Goalilock's position, which is, if I don't call China out and China can keep doing whatever it wants, but we send some money to America, then I'm in the sweet spot of where Australia wants us to be. On top of that, of course, is the tariff stuff. It kicks in in just a couple of days time, and he's going, oh, I can't do much about it. What do you think, where's.
Speaker 12: Our prime minister? You know, we call to our Prime minister to lead this country, not think of himself, but actually step up and ensure that our country is safe and out that our alliances are strong. And he is simply failing and unable to do this. So my question is if we want somebody who is actually a strong, capable and competent leader could actually work with the United States and build strong relationships and create a long viable plan. I actually know a female politician that's more than happy to make that, Paul. I think her name starts with Pauline. So I challenge, let's put it out there.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, and maybe that's hard, sooner rather than later, hopefully three years time, get a little bit of assistance from a very close family supporter, particularly in the state of Tasmania. We love your leg and the run that you made at this one of the federal election was very impressive. All right, Michael, I just want to show again part of what he had to say today before we move on to another key topic.
Speaker 6: Have looked Curtin's famous statement that Australia looked to America was much more than the idea of trading one strategic guarranteur for another or swapping an alliance with the old world for one with the new It was a recognition that Australia's pate would be decided in our region.
Speaker 1: All right, let's turn again to Victorian politics here, Michael, where it seems that there's probably going to be a treaty process which is going to be put in place before the next Victorian election. Now, I went through in chapter and verse through the week, and jeez, didn't I get the hate mail for it reading both parts of the report, one being the truth telling bit that seemed to annoy a few people. But I'm going to tell you what's in it, right. But then there's the other, which is a list of claims which, of course or come after the emotional impact of the truth telling bit. You have a premier who has openly said that everything's on the table and basically is pushed back, has never pushed back against any suggestion which, among other things, are Indigenous people pay no taxes, right, pay no taxes? So there would literally be two classes of peoples. Do you think that the treaty with Indigenous Victorians will be signed by Allan before the election?
Speaker 3: I do, for the cynical reason, mate, that she's got no more money to spend. She's bankrupted Victoria, so there are no project when you go to the election, there no projects she can spend any money on. No no bridges and roads and train lines to nowhere to the sky. That's all gone. No hospitals, no new schools, whatever. Right, she's got no money to spend. She's got to come up with some agenda. She's got to come up with some agenda. And this is, you know, the agenda. This is going to be part of her election agenda. Because if you can't spend money as a labor leader, you haven't got much else. Now, this is going to be extremely divisive. If we've just been through this debate, haven't we dividing Australians by race forever privileges for one race over the other. This is not the Australian way. This is what Australians overwhelmingly rejected. She would be hoping that you can just get this is through the parliament. How do people object? It's all covered in sweetness and light and reparations, etc. I see the IPA. So the reparations could be fifty billion dollars or more. Victoria's bankrupt as it is, so this again is a road to permanent vision and the Labor Party should not be part of it. She should accept the view of the Australian public and the fifty four percent of Victorians who also voted against the voice made Lee.
Speaker 1: I could give you a free kick on the Victorian government, but I want to talk about the potential Tasmanian government because there's an election going on right now, and I've got to say I'm pretty hard on the Labor Party for the way they have brought it on. The obvious failures of the Liberal government are there to be seen. But in my view, it's pretty obvious when Labour, Greens and a whole bunch of lefties get together in order to pull on an election and then pretend, oh, nothing to see, nothing to see here, and there many scaring away. But there are two different polls that tell us one of the two major parties is in front, but still with no path towards a majority. There's no Lamby running around, so you're not going to have people who buy their own admission. When on the seven thirty one said we don't have any policies, we just vote on values, Okay, find by me. So what the hell is happening in this election.
Speaker 12: Lead, good question. We're all trying to work it out ourselves. Do you know the shame is we are in this position. Yes, it was a dirty under tactic stand from Labor and the minority, but the reality is Liberal have not stepped up and they've also contributed to why we're in this situation. Fourteen months since the last state election and here we are again we cannot afford it. But then we've got two major parties that the people are telling me they can't distinguish the difference between the two. There is absolutely no point of difference and all it is is vote buying with false promises. Here we are going broke in Tasmania, no budget with a billion dollar stadium spend, but Liberal and Labor throwing out more promises which actually has no long term viable solution. So the unfortunate part, Paul, is you know, in my situation, I couldn't run in this state election because one nation's not yet registered in the state, which is something I'm currently working on. But by year I wish I now I look at them and see that there's no leadership in the state currently. I wish I had have raised my hand and stood as an independent under the One Nation. Banner actually tried to give some long term solution to the state which is desperately needed and we don't see it happening right now.
Speaker 1: Well again, I'd love you there tomorrow, but if it means more support, more infrastructure to make sure that when you do have a crack of it the next time, more success, more success to your Thank you, Lee, Thank you, Michael. We'll talk to you again into the future. All right, quick break back with more. Remember you can always seen me an email, love it or hate it wherever you want fire arm. Let's talk like normal people, Paul, Let's go news dot com dot AU. One a second. I want to introduce you to a special woman, a woman who has had a lot happen in her life but refuses refuses to play the victim card. Her name is Sue Gordon. She's from Western Australia. She's got a book about her life and she joins us now from Perth. Dr Gordon love you to meet you.
Speaker 13: How are you hello, Paul, I'm Sue. Excellent, fine, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Sue. I appreciate it all right. So now you are an Indigenous woman who has had incredible success. You are the first to have headed a state department. You've been overseas, We've studied First Nations policies, You've been on plenty of government boards. But you've also got a book which has come out of recent weeks, which was about your life, and it talks a lot about the difficulties of the early years of your life. But again, in those difficult early years of your life and the relationship in and around your sister, why do you refuse to use the term victim as a way to describe a situation that plenty of others have used that term for.
Speaker 13: Well, Paul, I think if you remain a victim, you'll never move on in your life. So two years now since I decided I wasn't going to be a victim. I just needed to move on with my life and achieve whatever I could, but more importantly look after my children.
Speaker 1: And in terms of these what seem at times to be intractable difficult issues, because there's just the size and scope of issues in indigenous communities, but also the phalanx of people who represent or underrepresent, or hold back or help. How do you feel about this issue when you hear about things like treaties in Victoria, obviously the national vote of a couple of years ago, but also the specific issues that happen in Western Australia. Do you think that we can get to a place where the people who are trying to put together a system to better the kids of the future generations that they too will not fall into the victim mentality.
Speaker 13: Well, it is up to actually individual people and parents. Instead of becoming having a pack mentality, people should be making their own mind up about what they want to do in their life or what they want for their children. I haven't read about the treaty proposals and everything in Victoria, so I can't really comment on that. But I'm not one for a divided name. We've seen that around the world. Nations get divided. And one of your topics earlier was about the problem with our Jewish community here in Australia, and there's division that's going on in Australia there. But in Aboriginal Australia. I worked in the Pilborough, I've worked in the territory and I've seen exemptarly Aboriginal people making their mark, getting on with their life, but not becoming one with a pac mentality. They're individual people and they've chosen to make their mark as an individual.
Speaker 1: And so what I love too is that at your book launch it again, we'll tell everyone how they can get to put it all out on our socials because I want people to read this incredible story about yourself. But you've had everyone from the top of the Western Australia Police, you had people from the Supreme Court, you had former premiers, senators as well as most importantly the grandchildren. That's the most important brace that around you. But when you look at you see a room like this again, how your life started and where your life is taking you, because there's plenty of life for us all to live. Yet what did you feel like when you looked out across that room and you wentjez, all those people are here to back me in and my little story.
Speaker 13: Well, having been a member of the judiciary, there was a lot of the judiciary there and the legal fraternity who I know, the former Premier Peter Dowding, who helped launch the book. I've known Peter since the seventies, so that's a long term relationship. And senior police officers who were there. I've worked with a lot of police officers before they became senior police officers.
Speaker 1: And I think this is.
Speaker 13: A problem that a lot of people have and they say, oh, well, why are you working with the police, And I said, well, look, if you don't work with other agencies, what's the point. No one can achieve anything on their own. There are other people in the community. But the night of the launch of the book was a special night because my two sons were instrumental as well in inviting people off their email lists, so it was really a wonderful night.
Speaker 1: Well, Sue, I've got to say, it's pretty impressive, right, all of the things that we've just mentioned, and we haven't even got to the military service. And I know how proud you've been about that. The go get a nature of what you are. It's the type of person that I just love firing up about and love celebrating. And it does feel sometimes maybe we don't have the same spirit that we used to. But why is it important to always have a crack, to find a new way, to have a gut.
Speaker 13: It's important because if you get asked to do a specific thing, say recently, I've finished up after several years as the chair of Outback stores across the Northern Australia, and I was asked by the former Senator Nigel Scullion to do that and I took it on.
Speaker 1: I took it on with a vengeance.
Speaker 13: Because I said I would visit all the stores in the first year, and that was more than thirty stores, I think a bit off more than I can chew. But I went to as many as I could because if you don't see what you're dealing with, how can you talk about it? And so every time I've been asked to do something, be it the Gordon inquiry or another inquiry, or working in the territory for John Howard, I go in boots and all because I think that you've got to do a job that someone's asked you to do. They've got trust in you, they've got faith in you, and so you do the best you can.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone, I want you to buy the book. I'll put the link up on our socials. It'll either be at sky onies dot com that a you, or you will see that cover and a link of how to buy it over at the Facebook page score searching for Paul Murray. Life So so awesome to meet you. Thank you for being such a little supporter of this program and I want the people who watch it to support you buying the book. Thank you Darne and nice to talk to you well A nice lady. All right, quick break back with more here more from Sue Gordon by reading the book more a sec. I've got a bit more to say, including a big day for rock and roll. What a moment for those of us who love rock and roll, particularly the hard form of rock and roll. I think it was described today, which of course was Ozzy Osbourne his band Black Sabbath, final performance of both the band and Ozzie has Parkinson's He just had a performance in the UK in front of forty thousand people at aston Villa Stadium. Obviously due to his own health, he wasn't able to leave the chair. But the chair, of course was the throne of the king of rock and roll and his music was absolutely spectacular. It will long live most of us, but certainly to a man who changed the music world forever. A final performance worth remembering that of Ozzy Osbourne. He's a Royal report