Speaker 1: Good on you mate, you're buddy Champion. Thanks for tuning in to the podcast. We really appreciate plenty to go through as well via this podcast. Let's start with some of the disgusting, bad, awful baby names that are starting to get a bit of a run and they shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Parents out there who go you know, I don't care if my kid gets bullied at school. I'm just going to call them what I want because I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and something ridiculous that doesn't even make sense. For example, over in England, couple got the name Lucifer put through via the system. Good stuff Lucifer, good luck with life?
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Actually, shine young prince.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you took umbradge to something I did with the chop chop.
Speaker 2: Let's just put it that way. And so you launched an appeal.
Speaker 1: I had to. I had to go straight to the top of the community.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: We'll go through that particular title of Ver very soon. But it's located in Denver, Colorado, and they were not happy with your work. Okay, and also, of course on a somber notes, but in saying that as well, we also celebrated all things Tina Turner, the unfortunate news was that she'd passed away, and you covered extensively in Jody's Juice.
Speaker 2: Did enjoy the podcast, You guys.
Speaker 1: I just waking story this how we're seeing. It's just shupid time. This seventeen shoes.
Speaker 2: Waking up to the very sad news this morning that Tina Turner has passed away aged eighty three.
Speaker 3: Now I'm just about to go through a bit of her history, and I guarantee you're going to go, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I forgot she did that. So I didn't realize.
Speaker 3: She'd been suffering from intestinal cancer since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: And she had a kidney transplant.
Speaker 3: But by twenty seventeen, she'd been free from her abusive marriage to guitarist Ike Turner for wow several decades. She left him in nineteen seventy six on a tour stop in Dallas because they played together, they digged together, so he pummeled her during a car ride. If anyone's seen the movie, then you would have seen this scene, and she struck back, according to the memoir, So after leaving her husband, she spent years struggling to regain the limelight, releasing solo singles, solo albums.
Speaker 2: They all flopped and she was.
Speaker 3: Gigging at like corporate conferences and that sort of thing. So that was, I guess her career rock bottom. But then everything turned. In nineteen eighty she met a new manager and his name was Roger Davies, an Australian music exec and who went on to manage her for three decades. That led to a solo number one, What's Love got to do with Her?
Speaker 1: What a built up?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: Remember this.
Speaker 3: In nineteen eighty five she played the ruthless leader of an outpost in a nuclear wasteland, acting opposite Mel Gibson in the third installment of Mad Max franchise, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdose.
Speaker 1: She did, I think there's so many people now who will wake up to this news and listening to some of her music going oh my gosh, I did not know that she's sung.
Speaker 3: So then in nineteen eight, nineteen eighty eight, she did a show in Rio de Janeiro.
Speaker 2: Guess how many people were there.
Speaker 1: She's upwards of fifty.
Speaker 2: Thousand, one hundred and eighty thousand people.
Speaker 1: This gig, that's a solid gig.
Speaker 2: That's ludicrous, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's a touch more than you'd get at the line on a Sunday afternoon when you played your little solo gigs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you said one hundred and eighty and Mike sometimes we get one hundred and eighty and then you said thousand the Old Boy.
Speaker 3: So that's one of the largest concert audiences ever in history for any single performer.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: In nineteen ninety one, she released her version of this the Nutbush Nut Bush.
Speaker 1: So everyone knows this dance. Was it just us or did I feel like we were almost taught this at school?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was part of like a pe.
Speaker 2: All right, it's pretty progressive school.
Speaker 1: You went to, Like where did I go? Nier.
Speaker 2: In nineteen ninety three, she played at one of.
Speaker 3: Your favorite performances of all time, the NRL Grand Final.
Speaker 1: So this just takes me so far back to my childhood. Ninety one as well, I still remember as well, a beautiful sunny day. Correct me if I'm wrong. The Raiders win. Maybe the Canberra Raiders one.
Speaker 3: Maybe they were red hot in the nineties when they were actually a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brett Mullins malmininga o big you say, when they were actually a team? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Not in it anymore.
Speaker 1: Yes, pretty much.
Speaker 2: I know they were anyway.
Speaker 1: So I think a lot of people and particularly from the Eastern State's connected so beautiful with tend to Turner because of that song and her performance. She was amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So does that give you all the fuels when you're hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like straight away I get I can almost feel smells and all sorts of things. I can smell barbecue really yeah, because we would have had some people over. It's a big build up because it's sort of halfway in the evening. But yeah, it's really really cool, and she was so perfectly ironic. I don't think they realized at the time just how much they nailed it. Yes, by getting her on board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the AFL went, oh, hold my beer.
Speaker 1: Meat Loft didn't quite hit the same, did he?
Speaker 2: Can you do me a favor?
Speaker 3: So in two thousand and nine, just to wrap this all up, she did a world tour and retired to Switzerland, of all places, which is where she's passed away. But can you please take us out on a bit of nut bush?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: And I want to see if you can remember it from your pe days prade Neider.
Speaker 1: It's pretty basic isn't it. But if you're as uncoordinate as me, you can still.
Speaker 2: Look under the desk to see what your legs were doing.
Speaker 1: And they're doing awful things.
Speaker 2: Sure enough, it was like a baby giraffe.
Speaker 1: They're not in sync at all. Selecting a name for your newborn can be very, very challenging and a really long and drawn out.
Speaker 3: Yes, we heard from Ben, liamb and Belle earlier this morning. Because Ben is about to become a father and he's trying to come up with a name, let's do him a favor and put a line through a.
Speaker 1: Few Yeah, okay, off the back of when we spoke about a young baby who parents decided that it was the right idea for this young girl to get a tan. Yeah, it was Swede.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this mum decided in her infinite wisdom that her twelve month old needed to have tanned skin, So spray tanned the kid. Oh my god, what is next? Eyebrow wax, ridicule, manicure.
Speaker 1: Sharpening out the brows. Yeah, looking really nice.
Speaker 2: And you had an eyebrow wax?
Speaker 1: No I haven't. Oh no, I've had what's it called with the things threading? I've had a thread before.
Speaker 2: Isn't that the most painful thing?
Speaker 1: Horrible?
Speaker 3: Oh, every time I got to get my eyebrows done, I'm like, never get threading.
Speaker 2: Again because you cry. It's awful.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's so brutal. I'll just take a mon eyebrow from there. And the other thing is, well, it's happening in the UK. She's been pushed through. A couple have been fighting the CIS them to name their son Lucifer, and they've won no different countries. It's illegal, but they've pushed through and they've got a little Lucifer. Oh, he's not bound for trouble at all.
Speaker 2: Have you seen that show? He's a bad.
Speaker 1: Dude, Lucifer. Yeah, Yeah, he's got some issues.
Speaker 2: He's got some real problems.
Speaker 1: Some real solid issues.
Speaker 2: I think he finds love in the end though, So all's well, that ends well.
Speaker 1: Thirteen and twenty four ten. The bad names you've seen. Look, if you're a teacher as well, and you don't want to rite out your students, but you've probably seen some.
Speaker 3: My obstetrician said he definitely delivered a baby that they called absody as an ABCD wow, absidy little ABSIDII little actually doesn't turn.
Speaker 2: Too bad, but it works, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: There are some illegal names which you can't use. For example, King, you can't use King, Queen, Jesus Christ, Santa Claus or Majesty. Oh look it's a little Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: Dear, I am, I name you Jesus Christ most days, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm because every morning you're like, what's going to happen? Then he rises from there? That's what you're talking about. Yeah, something along those lines. What about this is? What are there any Darren's out there?
Speaker 2: Darren?
Speaker 1: I don't know any Darrens.
Speaker 2: Darren's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's Darren's, but not too many Darrens.
Speaker 2: There is a Darren on what's that show? Animal Kingdom?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Darren Is?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: One of the brothers?
Speaker 1: Sure, anyone I think there is?
Speaker 3: I mean, anyone in this team? Want to back me up? Normally, Abby, you would be across this show.
Speaker 2: I nodded. I nod in my head.
Speaker 6: Did you know that Nigel the name Nigel is no longer really? Yeah, over in Ireland or somewhere, they had a big party because there's been no Nigels named in the UK or wherever it was for X amount of years.
Speaker 2: So it's it's died out right because it was a similar.
Speaker 1: Story with Gary as well. I reckon over in the UK.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you go to Nigel and you immediately think what no friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no friends. It's not fair. It's not fair if you know Nigel and you're a the victim of circumstance exactly. It might have been cool and then what twenty years later become like a genuine taunt. That's not fair, is it? What about over the States? Do wanna boner? What do wanna Bona plays for the Connecticut Sons and WNBA. I google her do wanna Boner?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: Like do you wanna? Do you want a new name? Am I right? And also Destiny Hooker is an American volleyballer. Yes, these are genuine people, I promise, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I have heard of Destiny Hooker.
Speaker 1: She's pretty good at being a volleyball thirteen twenty four to ten. Some of these ordinary names. Let's go to Jane in Clapham. Good morning, Jane. First and foremost, Jane is a beautiful name, Thank you.
Speaker 4: I hated it for so many years, but I've embraced it now. When I was when I was in a mum's group yews and News, and years ago there was a girl who had named her child the letter N with her dash and then the letter A and to be pronounced Na Dasher.
Speaker 1: Oh my gos, that's nice. That's really good stuff. I didn't picked on any reports.
Speaker 4: Yeah I don't know because I moved away not long after.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, poor kid, Yeah, what what's the motivation behind this? Like, because obviously your kid's going to go to school at some point, and all the other kids are going to go.
Speaker 1: Nadasha, Nasha. We don't endorse that behavior.
Speaker 3: And next minute, like Nadasha's lunch is gone missing for the fourth day in a row, all the other kids like she doesn't deserve to eat because Nadasha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not fair. Nadasha just right behind from the start thirty twenty four ten. Some of those ordinary names, ording names, let's call them interesting names coming through. For example, do wanna Boner who plays the Connecticut Sons? Are there any duannas out there?
Speaker 2: Wasn't there a misty hymen? Do you reckon?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: There was a misty hymen?
Speaker 1: What she was a sportsman talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay, no one, what going on in this team?
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry, everybody.
Speaker 6: Just it's an actual thing.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. She's an American swimmer, yesty, hymen.
Speaker 1: As we're trying to gang up on Jodie.
Speaker 6: I don't like when you're going up on her, so I go in to protect than protect the queen at all costs.
Speaker 1: Is true, That is true, twenty four to ten. Some of these really interesting names will take your calls next, talking about some of these really ordinary names. This is off the back of an article we were talking about a few days ago where the youngster's name was Swayed kid in Britain who's just got the all clear to be called Lucifer. And then of course she've got do Wanna Boner's a very good player for Connecticut Sons.
Speaker 3: A few more professional sports people. Sure we've got German footballer Ralph Minge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Minji yeah, like if only there was an h instead of them. Hinge is very acceptable. Minge not so much.
Speaker 2: He's just playing on the wing yelling out Minji, meggie.
Speaker 1: Imagine if the Hinges Wereminga's Mitch mine the Crozer Crows.
Speaker 2: Defender Mitch Minch.
Speaker 1: Real break at you from Mitch Minch.
Speaker 2: Dear, good morning, to you, Mitch. I'm sure you've got a headache at the moment after that nastick concussion.
Speaker 7: One more?
Speaker 2: Can I do one more? Former Russian footballer Andre R Shaven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's very important to be neat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. The Russians as well. We can't trust them in her naming space. Thirteen twenty four ten. Let's go to winning Walkerville.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Winnie, good morning, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, going very well? Thanks? Have you got an outrageous name for us because they're out there?
Speaker 8: Oh well, so I kept to Australia from twenty years ago, and as international students, you have a class full of internationalities.
Speaker 4: This girl from China as.
Speaker 8: Her name is actually beautiful. In Chinese, Mini, it's called shooting men means like a lady. So how they have spelled as s h I t I n g.
Speaker 1: Teacher like months?
Speaker 8: The months with that actually calling her first name?
Speaker 2: How do you pronounce it again, WINNI.
Speaker 1: Shooting shooting, but I'm guessing it was probably yeah pronounced as it was probably spilled some people what shitting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Andrew, you can always trust Andrew.
Speaker 2: Winny to man's playing.
Speaker 1: Everyone, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: We will let's got Karen from Modbury Hearts. You've got a few.
Speaker 7: Names I have, yes, indeed and from the UK, so some of them a bit strange.
Speaker 4: So do you want to go just start and go ahead on.
Speaker 7: The Okay, So Trees, that's good, yep.
Speaker 8: Okay, hazel Nutt who was a school teacher's wife.
Speaker 1: So hazel nuts good yep.
Speaker 4: Tony chin to.
Speaker 7: The last one.
Speaker 8: The last one is really really quite strange and poor poor child.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have liked him growing up. His name was Conradion.
Speaker 2: We've all got one of those.
Speaker 1: I do things a little bit different over in Britain.
Speaker 2: Jes thank you.
Speaker 3: We're going to put you on the stand by this for ten k a day.
Speaker 2: Jessica from Soulisburys. Can we take her hazy?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Good morning, jess good morning. You got a name for us?
Speaker 9: Yes I do, and I'm glad my sister I he called her boy cold.
Speaker 8: Yeah c O L T and yeah it's the four thing like he's not at school yet, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's a couple of years old.
Speaker 8: So I was like, oh, that's poor kids.
Speaker 3: So I'm curious, Yes, your reaction when your sister called you and she's.
Speaker 2: Like I've had the baby and you're like, oh, that's amazing. What did you call him? She's like, oh cold, and you went one of.
Speaker 4: Those sisters that just okay, And then like I'll go back to my partner and be like.
Speaker 5: What's that.
Speaker 1: Just not.
Speaker 3: And then going royally bitch about your sister behind the back.
Speaker 2: If it's time for a winter trip, but jump on morning. It's a place to go for quick assie getaways.
Speaker 1: To me, it's just getting in the car and just going for a cruise and.
Speaker 2: Exploring for accommodation flights and more. Book on the what if that?
Speaker 1: What if it's Ozzy for travel? Yeah, this is a bloke who is so generous at an open bar.
Speaker 2: Yes, might off, but I'll go to you why did you go to that event?
Speaker 3: And you'll be like, oh, I didn't really want to go, but it was an opener bar.
Speaker 1: So you're talking exclusively to a going away party channel seven fridays ago. So I can't even want to go. But Friegin and Tonics a crack sometimes Andrews here it have it on hazy. Let's just have a good solid night together, and let's just go to all these big events and just catch up and have a bit of fun, because why not.
Speaker 3: And it's going to be no bigger than next Wednesday night at the Adelaide Oval with the first game of the State of Origin Blues versus Morons.
Speaker 1: Look at you go? You're looking forward to it? Ain't I actually am the ultimate sporting rivalry the Amphole State of Origin Adelaide Oval. Tickets start at forty nine dollars from nl dot com fort Slash tickets, or you can play Suburb of Origin with us. This is the drill. We're gonna name two suburbs. First person to call up from either one of those suburbs, I'm thirteen and twenty four ten gets the tickets. You're ready to go? You ready to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You want to say what's on the line here? This is like a pregame function with us.
Speaker 1: What's everything? Yeah, it's a lot of fun for a Wednesday night too.
Speaker 2: And then you get to go along to the game and watch these big brutes.
Speaker 3: Just go run, run, run, run, bang, bang, get up again, run run a bang?
Speaker 1: Oh which way do I run?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: And I go that way? Oh I'm busy, keep going.
Speaker 2: Hey across the line, put the ball down. That sort of u.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the forwards are really brutally injured. Oh, just give the Jimmy to Desco. He's score on the corner, doesn't get touched, and you'll make all the money. Good stuff, good stuff, you.
Speaker 2: We love you, Jimmy.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go T Tree Gully versus Blackwood. So if you're from either of those suburbs, first call through thirteen twenty four to ten and look out. With a little double pre event state of Origin, we're gonna have a hell of a Wednesday night. We won't get rugby leg drunk, but we'll have a bit of a crack. Yeah, and saying that definitely take work off on Thursday.
Speaker 2: T tre Gully versus Blackwood.
Speaker 3: First caller through gets ticks, have it on.
Speaker 1: Hey, So let's go to the big events. Let's go to the ampole State of Origin. Game one. Next Wednesday night, New South Wales go to the Blues. I'll go to the Maroons up against Queenslands.
Speaker 3: What about when the big chant goes around the stadium Queenslander.
Speaker 1: Queensland and then back in the day they start fighting each other each other need more boys, No, no, no, they go Yeah, they'd fight the opposition.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, yeah, sorry.
Speaker 1: The Marons just cut sick and start building each other.
Speaker 2: Lewis punching his team mate and the.
Speaker 1: Blues Boys like, what's going on? Here? Go for the boys, We're going to play Suburb of Origin. That is two suburbs pretty much in direct competition with each other, and by that a fair way apart. So today it's T Tree Gully b Blackwood Yep. Third a twenty four to ten. First three from either of those suburbs is Tim? Good morning to you, Tim? Hey, yeah, going so well mates? Where are you from? Yep? That checks out? We go A quick little question for authenticity. Name some iconic land points in T Tree Gullyzas yep.
Speaker 2: What what's that water park?
Speaker 3: Tim?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Water? Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hey Tim? You got work off next Thursday?
Speaker 9: I can You might have to family business, so I'll just have to.
Speaker 1: Chat with very good. I will see you there, mate, Thanks for entering, Thank you, Good on you, Tim, very good stuff. We'll do that all again tomorrow. Suburb of Origin, why not, let's just catch up. Let's have a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got to double to give away right up until next Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Really good stuff. All right, let's do this now. The big news this morning, of course, is the passing of Tina Turn, a rather absolute legend, like a musical masterpiece. She is to summer On Queen, the.
Speaker 3: Queen, queen of rock and roll and a real pioneer. We were saying earlier this morning, Pineyer for women too. She went through a bit with her marriage and came out the other side and.
Speaker 2: Just absolutely as producers.
Speaker 1: He would say, slade, Yeah, slade. Indeed, didn't she the definition of slave? Yeah? She is good on her thirteen twenty fourteen, and please text through as well. Four double nine nine nine one nine. Some of those sonics are some some of those we're talking sonic the Hedgehog here, some of those songs that really take you back. Yeah, you don't even realize it.
Speaker 3: Everyone in their cars at home to think about those songs that can actually like sort of almost physically take you back to your childhood.
Speaker 2: Definitely emotionally, she genuine feelings.
Speaker 1: Maybe it just sort of brings back random sense of smells as well.
Speaker 3: Have you got one four double o nine one nine nine on nine get involved?
Speaker 2: I definitely do. And I don't know why this resident.
Speaker 3: I have a a visual of me sitting in the back of the car. My dad was was a vfl umpire and so we've been to watch him umpire.
Speaker 2: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 1: I'm not laughing at all.
Speaker 2: It was a really emotional moment.
Speaker 1: Emotional I just yeah, go on, I don't said anything. You won't be the fire.
Speaker 3: Up because the moment I said my dad was a vfl umpire, there was a look that flashed across your face. You love what as a sample player? And I think it was distaste.
Speaker 1: I promise it wasn't. It was more so admiration because he's probably heard some stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he sat That look on his face is there all the time, surprised.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it was a really nice moment.
Speaker 3: I just remember we'd been to see dad umpire, and then I was sitting in the back of the car driving back to where it be and this came on the radio, and I just remember feeling really happy.
Speaker 1: Though, okay, I really need.
Speaker 3: I was nervous thing because you have a way of slipping and slipping in a little word beginning with F to every chorus.
Speaker 1: Of every resource, I sort of switch back to some Dan band vibes. Oh that's quite iconic, isn't it. And I can imagine your dad as well, being like just rise past it to all you boose over the fence. I just moved fast it you do this?
Speaker 3: Ye, dad was rocking in the front seat because of all the names he's just been called from over the boundary.
Speaker 1: I'm not making. But seriously, where we do play this before? Yeah? Like I went straight back to my childhood ninety three the NRL Grand Finals well watching her and even as a kid, been.
Speaker 2: Like, she's incredible, She's amazing.
Speaker 1: And this is like, you know, one hundred k is north of Wargwogger on the farm. I can smell the barbecue. It's a beautiful day. Prison Bronco is about to get it done against George. I've got my dates mixed up before, but now I'm back on track. And yeah, it was just a really really nice moment and you look back and go I was exhausted because we're pretending to be I don't know, probably Steve Renoff for Alfie Langer in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Just running through the back paddy.
Speaker 1: She just running through the back paddy, stepping goose stepping. Yeah, yeah, look at that guy. Oh try Now he's gonna drink too much and he's gonna get in Trouble with the Lord. No, that's not us, that's other NR replace thirteen twenty four ten or text line O four nine nine nine one nine, some of those songs, those bang has that really take you back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And if.
Speaker 3: You get through, we'll do our very very best to play a little snippet of the song so we can take you back to your.
Speaker 1: Childhood this morning, and if you don't mind, in the next five minutes, let's go back and let's play a bit of Tina Turner simply the Best. And this is when you know that you've really really made it when they take your song and someone new will redo it just ever so slightly yep, basically to cash in because your song transcends through time.
Speaker 2: The original was so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's play that. Soon you wake up to the news that Tina Turner has passed away, but she leaves just an unbelievable collection of bangers.
Speaker 3: And you were saying that simply the Best when she sang it at the NRL Grand Final.
Speaker 2: It was like anthem for your childhood.
Speaker 1: Oh, just good times, really good times. Dad's probably manning the barbecue. Yeah, we're just getting ready for the NRL Grand final Brisbane going on this big charge in the early nineties. Yeah, Tina's doing these things and we're all crowded around the TV going wow, yeah, how good.
Speaker 3: And you're running through the paddocks on the farm, just commentating in your head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Haze.
Speaker 2: Steps to the left, steps to the right, the.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, crunching tackle, h Cast. He's going to plow through it though, all that kind of thing. He's a sould to Andrew, Yeah, thirteen twenty four ten. We're asking for those bangers back in the day. It just took you to a different place. Maybe it's a happy place, maybe it's a place of concern like this one. It's okay, Dad, don't listen to him, Dad, shut up. Spendy young Jodie to old men.
Speaker 2: Need to context that. We're on our way home.
Speaker 3: Dad was an afl umpire or in the VFL at the time, and we were driving back home and I just that song came on and I felt a bit sad.
Speaker 2: And maybe it's because Dad was in the feet or from all the abusive just cropped over the boundary. Maybe maybe not.
Speaker 1: You've just got to laugh basically to stop yourself from crying.
Speaker 2: Or if you listen to that, you will cry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely you will. A lot of good texts coming through, I know full double o nine one nine nine on nine. This one from Chris and Lockley's he said love Shack always a wedding banger.
Speaker 7: Rus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this brings back some nice child memories as well. For whatever reason, every time we go out on the we go to these cordial parties. Cordial Party, yeah, like the curd of Cordial and all these little parts. It was basically a collection of all these young kids that would go there. But somehow, I'm probably get myself in trouble here. You'd find some sort of liquor somewhere, a cordial lime I think so long, I'm fused with lemon, really delicious, And that used to be the theme song. Quite strange.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want to take cool let's go to, let's.
Speaker 1: Go to, let's go to. Who we got here? A Dane? How are you? I'm great? Hell yeah, going very well? Thanks? Take us back to your childhood or a special time via song?
Speaker 9: Well, it was a song I saw on the TV when they used to have like video clips back in the day, on likeay on Saturday morning, and there was a song called Bridge over Troubled Water?
Speaker 1: Very nice.
Speaker 2: Do you remember who sung it? And sorry you remember who sung it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I can't, but Simon and garfunk a bit of Shimon and Garfunkle gets you every single time, of course.
Speaker 9: Yeah. It's a real heart, you know. Like I was only about probably seven or eight, and I used to watch this song and it used to make me cry because I remember seeing a man that's standing on a bridge and he sort of looked over the bridge and I could just feel his loneliness and it just used to make me cry.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, O creating some emotion here in the studio, Old Day, Well, not like it.
Speaker 9: Just as soon as the as soon as you guys like wanted people to call in about songs that took you back to the past, I just thought I have to ring. Yeah, and I got through, and I can't believe I did.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's been a real rollercoaster this vocal, hasn't.
Speaker 3: It's been the real lows of all dem feeling depressed for a man who's lonely.
Speaker 2: And now I'm excited because I got onto Jody Day.
Speaker 1: That's good. Thank you so much, Old Day John. Good morning to you.
Speaker 5: Mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how a mate? What song took you back to a little prime spotting your youth?
Speaker 5: Well, the best song, guys, one of the best inner one love fact then was a kiss I was made for loving you?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there is.
Speaker 2: Where does that take you to, John take me back in.
Speaker 5: The days when I started dating at girls, and you know, it was probably these things I felt. You know, I'm the man your women. Let's go, let's get it on.
Speaker 1: You know, I get that. I totally connect with that.
Speaker 5: It's an icon of a song. I mean, come on, I mean that it was a bad song, it was the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And I mean and who better to guide you in a situation like that than Jeane Simmons?
Speaker 5: Great? Still you know still compete is on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 5: Father of three sons, the Mary thirty years? What more you asked for?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Is it he worked it out?
Speaker 2: The question?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 2: Is it still continuing?
Speaker 5: It is very strong?
Speaker 1: Yes, Just imagine, johnnyone needs to be done. Has a youngster?
Speaker 2: There you go, Johnny doing some real work.
Speaker 6: That's some solid dating advice there. I should just say, you're a man, I'm a woman's We're.
Speaker 1: Both in the same spoty. Hey, Abs is there any song for you that takes a break.
Speaker 6: I have heaps, but one that does come to mind. I just remember, like a summer's day, all the doors in the house open, and Mum used to be an Elvis fan, so she had Elvis and like his big thing on with Burning Love and we did a dance to it when we were younger as well.
Speaker 2: So's that one?
Speaker 6: And then my Heart will go On by Celine Dion because I got for my birthday the video of Titanic, and I think I watched that like seventeen times.
Speaker 1: Let's take a trip some serious pipes on Selene.
Speaker 6: I don't care anyone says there was enough room on the door for Jack.
Speaker 1: There wasn't. She didn't want to get her toes wet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So how old were you when this was all going down there?
Speaker 10: I reckon.
Speaker 6: I got the Titanic video when I was maybe like seven or eight or something.
Speaker 3: Okay, does it make it feel a bit sad that a couple of decades later you're still looking for love?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cry about it every night.
Speaker 1: Hey, keet, this conversation going Texas throw oh full double nine nine nine on nine. Just some of those bangers that take you back, perhaps a bit of a tricky spot like yourself.
Speaker 9: You you put the time machine.
Speaker 1: On this daisy loo mine too. Two of the most to overuse quotes from movies probably bore very nice. Remember that. Everyone thought that was funny doing that. But also, let's go before that to Austin Powers. Everyone was like, oh, behays, stupid accent.
Speaker 2: Do I you horny baby?
Speaker 1: One said, shut up, Jody, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I was actually asking you that question.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, well not now. Nineteen sixty three, on this day, twenty fifth of May, the great Mike Myers was born. That was the point of that little exercise there. Let me ask you a question. Do I make you horny? Baby? Do I don't make you randy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He hasn't done anything for a while, Mike.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, I think he's achieved some things.
Speaker 2: No, I know, no, but he's just sort of resting on his oars.
Speaker 1: Little and one not. I would, Yeah, I absolutely would.
Speaker 2: I'd stay at home and just roll on my bed of cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was going to say Ferris Bueller, but he wasn't in that was he?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What can you hear me? Hello? Is this sorry? I mean seventy seven, Star Wars, directed by George Lucas, premiered in America. The title now is Star Wars Episode one v A New Hope four. That's four, Come on than nap. Twenty seventeen Wonder Woman, directed by Patty Jenkins, starred gau Is a good Day or good Dot, good Day, Good Day, She's very very good actress and Chris Pine, premieres in Los Angeles, the first superhero film directed by a woman.
Speaker 2: In fact, I interviewed her once.
Speaker 1: Of course, she did.
Speaker 2: I only say it to make your eye.
Speaker 1: Roll, did you actually?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He watched her long.
Speaker 2: She's lovely, that's really not and stunning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's very stunning.
Speaker 3: Into that.
Speaker 1: But it's nice to know that her personality matches what we're saying. Yeah, yeah, kind of that sounded like slaves bag. I'll probably she's perfect, good, honest. Twenty eleven, Oprah Winfrey airs her last show, ending her twenty five year run on The Oprah Winfrey Show. From You Whose Names I Will Never know, I learned what love is. You and this show have been the great.
Speaker 6: Love of my life.
Speaker 1: If you ask her, The absolute low light was when that py Tom cruise jumped on her couch.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because he was so in love with Kay Holms. Next minute, that divorce.
Speaker 1: Next minute scientology.
Speaker 2: Good morning to all the lovely scientologists out there. I hope you're listening.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, no, I'm going to say good morning to your psychos. Are there scientologists out there?
Speaker 2: Yes, there's one, like two streets over.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you might be A number one song I made twenty five and two thousand and one was that Lady Marmalade by Pink and Christina Aguilera. A lot of reports that Pink and Christina. I think I'm right in saying this did not quite get along during the setup of this video clip. Yeah did you hear that? You guys hear that? Yeah? Yeah, No, a good song. I enjoy It's time now I think just get a little bit of justice. Truly haunting, absolutely mind baking.
Speaker 3: Yes, unbelievable stuff. Tiffany Warren, who presents the weather a Channel ten, does a remarkable impression of that song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like eerily similar, very similar, Like she might be one of those crazy little.
Speaker 2: Babies, Yeah, crazy little munchkins.
Speaker 1: The reason we play that is because yes, they absolutely state of anarchy. The studio was in when we had this little competition with the chopper chops opening thing and you completely defrauded it. Have a listen, Welcome to the studio, camera guy, Josh. Go on, Josh, what did you tell them? There might have been a little bit of help from me for Jody. We just decided to make a small incision in the wrapper of her chopper chup to assist.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We come on, all right, you with your sound effects over there?
Speaker 3: Do you have the sound effect of a dog rolling over and just going I'm going to throw my colleague under the bus.
Speaker 1: What have you got to save yourself?
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, it's all in the spirit of competitions.
Speaker 1: The spirit of competition. You blatantly cheated.
Speaker 3: It's just, you know, that's what we do around here. It's shots and giggles.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: It's not that giggles. It's not beer and skittles. It's none of those things. It's downright fraudulents. Should be ashamed of yourself.
Speaker 2: I know I cheated, but it felt good at the time.
Speaker 1: I bet it did. Yeah. Yeah, Well, I couldn't quite sit on it for the rest of the night. I had to take action because little victory is no matter how big and had how small. I add them all up and I need this back. Okay, Okay, you've done yes, I've reached out. I've reached out to the committee.
Speaker 2: Committee.
Speaker 1: That's right, the international committee that accepts concerns and complaints for people feel wrong is cheated against for late incidents. Yeah, the ic T A C A c FP W F W C A C c RI.
Speaker 3: I I didn't know that they existed.
Speaker 1: They do. Located in Denver, Colorado, established in nineteen twenty seven by Ernest Chapanowski ak Papa Chopper. It's quite a group. They're not happy. First of all, I'll take you through the letter that I sent to them. Dear Committee, are you well? How about them Denver Nuggets in Yokich? We trust? Am I right? Ha ha ha, But seriously, it saddens me to bring such a negative incident to your attention. But unfortunately my hand has been forced recently. I was a victim of fraudulent behavior that involved two wholesome and flavors some Chopper Chop lollipops. During a recent contest to open such lollipop, a colleague had the audacity to slice through this steel like packaging and gracefully slide the cover off in eight seconds, winning a small but meaningful contest. I believe everything and everyone involved died ever so slightly from such behavior, and it would be appreciated if a suggestion was received for a way to move forward. Yours, faithfully, truly and humbly, Andrews, go get them boys nuggets and five nuggets and five indeed? Okay, would you believe.
Speaker 2: Two five nuggets?
Speaker 1: Exactly right? And would you believe they responded almost immediately? What in honor of the great Pappa Chapper they run a really really tight chip. And if you don't mind, though, can you just read out the response letter? Here we go.
Speaker 10: Dear Andrew, thanks for getting in touch and saying that how did you get our details? Anyway, it sounds like you're a real lollipop enthusiast.
Speaker 2: Good for you, champ in shure.
Speaker 10: We believe the only reasonable solution to this problem is to take part in a fair and honorable rematch.
Speaker 1: I hope this helps.
Speaker 10: Also, we did some research on you. You're clearly just another one of those little Laker fanboys who jumped on board since Lebron joined and a real basketball franchise, and you're a pissy little bandwagoner who'd probably go for magic if Lebron switched over off nuggets in five.
Speaker 1: Please aggressive way for the boys to finish. But I'm glad that committee got back to me. Oh god, okay, watch this space then, all right, there's going to be a rematch.
Speaker 2: Papa Chap has got a real filthy mouth, he really does.
Speaker 1: It's quite the committee, isn't it. Oh god, this is over Watch this space. There will be a rematch, all right, it's one on the show. Tom do Day is going to join us. Important for the Crows to hopefully bounce back. Also, Fitzi and we're just going to sit back, catch up with Fitzi each and every Friday, and I just sort of half levitate. We're just talking to my soul.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're a big FITZI fan, aren't you. Yeah, real big of the bangers returns.
Speaker 3: The score sits, it's free to at the moment you believe you're launching a comeback.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: You'll see about that.
Speaker 2: Well, Tomorrow's is going to blow your socks off.
Speaker 1: Okay, definitely stick around for that. Speaking of bangers, off the back of Tina Turner and unfortunately her passing. What it did make is realize that, gosh, he's left us with some unbelievably timeless classics. Yes, so we put it out there text line as well, very busy for double nine nine nine on nine. Some of those songs that just make you go, oh my gosh, that was a banger.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, get involved with it.
Speaker 1: A couple of texts, this one from Alyssa and Aberfoyle Park said September Earth, Wind and Fire always makes me want to dance.
Speaker 3: Takes me back to my There we go, year twelve four, right, Yeah, we all went back to Peter Bottomley's house yep, and hit the lounge room down floor.
Speaker 1: Back back to pistols.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, might have drunk myself a three seventy five mil toori of strong Bow.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 1: Of course you did. Strong Bow was the absolute potion back there, wasn't it. I bet you were wearing some kind of frilly, frilly armed dress. What I can just imagine one of those big frilly arms that come off the side.
Speaker 3: You know, Oh my god, that's the eighties, mate. I wasn't in year twelve in the eighties? Are you joking? This was like mixed this was in the nineties where we used to go out and wear absolutely nothing on the Gold Coast, tiny little tops, tiny little skirts, and we'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, oh, do I look a bit tarty, and all the other girls would go, no, bait.
Speaker 1: No, you look fine, look awesome. You can't see the underside of your glutyas maximisbelievable stuff. Hey, this text as well from Louise and Granneth. She said summer of sixty nine. Good good, Sharon, good way to finish third. We'll catch you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You know what I always like to sing, Junie quit, Jody got married twice.
Speaker 1: Let's just click with sorry.