Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne Way Way.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren start your morning the right away. Be great. God, this is Jason Lauren.
Speaker 3: No, you're one hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everybody, and happy for Rod.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hasn't Friday snuck up on?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: How good?
Speaker 3: It's a cheeky little public holiday midweek. To get us through it this week, the team went out to Oak Stay yesterday. Thank you to the VRC for having us.
Speaker 5: Was much fun.
Speaker 2: How good was.
Speaker 3: The weather mate? The Weather Bureau needs to get windows in their building.
Speaker 5: The brain came in very hard and fast at the end of the corner.
Speaker 2: Unaware, Yeah, unaware.
Speaker 5: I think people were scrambling to get under cover.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a sprinkle. Know, it was quite hard that those rain drops hurt. Did you did you cop a rain drop? Raindrop when we were trying.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we are permanently borrowed that umbrella.
Speaker 7: Yes, we did to. How good is a hotel umbre umbrellas?
Speaker 2: Actually? I love a good hotelumbrella.
Speaker 5: Yes, I saw that next to my front door and I left this morning. Bring it back, that's mine.
Speaker 3: I'm going to use this to get the car.
Speaker 2: Bringing back. We do a series of wel welfare checks because I'm fresh, Lauren Fresh.
Speaker 5: We went home straight home after the races.
Speaker 2: And pineapple pizza.
Speaker 5: We did Hawaiian? Isn't it called a Hawaiian?
Speaker 3: Depends what place you're ordering from. Back in the day, Pizza Haven called it something different.
Speaker 5: Did they come on?
Speaker 2: They called it a dropper.
Speaker 5: Fun fact about the Hawaii pizza. It wasn't invented in Hawaii. It was invented in Canada.
Speaker 2: What was it really?
Speaker 5: Who would have thought? Yeah, when I was in Canada recently working now, we're very proud of telling me that he learns why every day pizza was invented?
Speaker 2: Here good? Yes, I'm actually all right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did you finish up?
Speaker 3: Ten thirty? I did the phantom?
Speaker 5: Someone classic Jays Hawkins move.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I was trying to get out earlier and everyone's like, no one more drink, and I thought, okay, this is going to a phantom job.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I'm not going to.
Speaker 5: Be But don't pretend you ever say goodbye to people. You always phantom?
Speaker 2: Did you Commando roll out? Not me?
Speaker 5: I try and say goodbye to people and then I'm there for another two hours.
Speaker 2: And that's why I do the phantom.
Speaker 3: It's a classic man your ten thirty I was out.
Speaker 2: Oh god, are you going to do this?
Speaker 7: Exutive producer, If you're hearing me, we're on the radio now, okay.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to we go to Nandos or we'll go to our gen z. Oh god, she's I think she's fresh. Yeah, she left early, didn't she?
Speaker 5: And Captain I'm fresh. Maybe she's flying first class and she's fresh?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: What about very nond?
Speaker 2: Whats going? I was? Isn't there? Let's go to the jeers. Jeez?
Speaker 3: What time do you finish?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, oh, say about midnight?
Speaker 3: How's the missus Claudia happy with you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, you're not happy.
Speaker 2: Where do you sleep?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I slept between my dad and this fare.
Speaker 5: Room between it, like on the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Still all of the abolf questions also shad out to work experience.
Speaker 2: Jack. You let me into the building this morning.
Speaker 9: Get on your work experience, Jack.
Speaker 2: I'm glad someone's running that Brody is smiling like a cheshire cat this morning. I don't know by executive producer heard our executive producer utter a word?
Speaker 3: Do you mean our fearless leader? The men that were the show? Good morning?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 5: What time did you finish our brother.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Good on your brides.
Speaker 2: Are you sleep in your own bed?
Speaker 5: I don't know, don't Is your wife thrilled with you?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Go on, you guys. It was a great day. Thank you to the Victorian Racing Club for having us yesterday. We had a lovely day altogether.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: We actually caught up with a few people in the Channel nine marquee.
Speaker 5: Well, well, well, didn't I get some advice for you, Clint stunnaway?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yes? From an expert in love, from a sexologist, sexologist, stop it. I got all the details on how to help you not die alone.
Speaker 3: There you guys, if you're a single, trade or let's be honest, every group's got that guy. Look at him this morning. Go you need to listen after the next song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's coming. We're giving you some great advice. And you know what, I think a lot of women in Melbourne will wholeheartedly agree with what this sexologist has to say.
Speaker 2: We all get to that very soon.
Speaker 5: Hey, Bob Geldof, s Geldof, thank you.
Speaker 3: Sir Bob Geldof.
Speaker 5: Is he's beenating around Melbourne? He was at it the Melbourne Cup Carnival an irishman. I wonder if you're backed that Irish horse to win.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to chat with Sir Bob after eight o'clock. Yes, yeah, got the sort out.
Speaker 5: Also heats to cash we're giving away today or shaking the tree.
Speaker 3: Out and Bob hasn't got his sort out.
Speaker 5: Pretty sure Bob liked getting his sword out though, Sir Bob, Sorry, Bob was like big on the it will be in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he got it out at the races. Who knows, who are we to judge?
Speaker 5: He did say, didn't you always say he wanted to get rich, famous and get laid.
Speaker 2: Yes, good on you.
Speaker 3: Sort out for Friday morning forecast of the weekend and I was like with the question mark, I thought you were just.
Speaker 5: Forecast for the weekend. I was forecast of the week twenty one consistently between Saturday and Sunday and sunny perfect. No, we'll take that.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 3: The races that yesterday Flemington was looking the goods.
Speaker 5: Oak stay big. Thank you to Channel nine for having us yesterday as well as the Victorian Racing Club. We all went out on a little adventure as a team, But we did hot foot it straight to the Channel nine Marquee because Clint, that is where you do your best work.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of business to attend to in the channel.
Speaker 5: Very busy doing celebrity interviews like she's the best celebrity of interviewed this week. Not a truck question? Who are the big starch?
Speaker 2: So many did you tell stars?
Speaker 5: Elizabeth Hurley, Nikki Hilton with Rebecca the Lance selling frocks she's designed for Paris, come out Paris. Paris put up a photo of her holding the Herald's son with Nikky on the front. Thing, how did she get that in America?
Speaker 2: America?
Speaker 5: Apparently when we get Hilton, she was the big name.
Speaker 3: We went to get a photo and Nicky Hilton No. US three and god love Clint's camera crew. All of a sudden, the world's biggest camera I've ever seen gets turned around.
Speaker 5: I wasn't thrilled with one of the photos. I thought the lighting was good, and Clint said, I'll fix that, got my own lighting rig nick minute. You know who looked amazing yesterday? The sexologist from Maths. Alassandra. She's like fifteen out of ten A full name, Alessandra Rampaula.
Speaker 2: That's the one.
Speaker 5: She is beautiful to Marley relationship expert sexologists, she had some advice for not just you, Clint, but for the men of Australia. Alessandra, you look like the most beautiful woman here at Oak Stay. Have you had a nice say so far?
Speaker 10: I have had a lovely time so far. I love that it's all about the flowers and the femininity and the fashion. I don't really understand the horsing, but the rest of it is fabulous.
Speaker 9: What can I say?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: We've got Clinton stand Away here. He is our single boy on the team. If he's gonna find love. As an expert, what should he be doing and where should he be looking around here?
Speaker 10: It's difficult to say because Australian men are a bit of a challenge and my experience of maths, I'm just gonna throw this out there. You guys are a little bit of a challenge. I will say that if you put in effort, like if you keep your eyes peeled and you see someone or something that you like, put some effort into it. Okay, don't just like lay back and kind of wait for the woman to kind of do the no, no, no, it's up to you to go and be the war. Basically, I've initiative and like get some interesting, like intelligent conversation going which goes a long.
Speaker 5: Way on behalf on behalf of the single girls of Melbourne. Can I say thank you? Because so many of my single girlfriends like these Australian boys that don't know how to do it?
Speaker 11: Do they?
Speaker 10: It happens like I'm a single girl from Puerto Rico and I go to other countries to work, and many in other countries just put in more effort and it makes a difference. So I'm just saying, like, effort is sexy.
Speaker 7: You guys, hang on single girl as well as you're in.
Speaker 2: You're single, Yes, open.
Speaker 9: Okay, we'll do it.
Speaker 2: You go a role playing You look beautiful right now. Are you having a great time at the cup Carnival?
Speaker 11: I really have that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 10: More originality?
Speaker 2: Please bum out?
Speaker 5: He failed again. She was a hoot, she was a hot, she was single. Ready, don't really understand the horsing. She doesn't and you need to put some effort in. Okay this Australian men, you're not putting in enough effort, hard enough, she said. The Puerto Ricans know how to do it. The Puerto Rican men.
Speaker 2: Know how to do they.
Speaker 3: We must go Moscow. It is Jason Lauren Clint here as well, and coming up. We've got money to go this morning after seven and o'clock we will be shaking the tree.
Speaker 5: Yesterday shaking the tree. So if you want to get involved with shaking the tree, you'll hear Santa's sleigh bells at some point. That is your tutor ring. We will shake the tree there it is.
Speaker 2: Don't ring now, that's an example. And that buble that was a heavy buble.
Speaker 5: Four thousand dollars, thousand dollars, that was the one that sell off its wrapped to that's a heavy bub.
Speaker 3: We'll get our bubbles out again after seven.
Speaker 8: Class lips.
Speaker 3: This to be interesting after a day at the races. Actually you might be in good for them because you do a lot of lip breading at the races. Because she's so loud.
Speaker 5: It was so loud.
Speaker 2: My good, really good people watching and eavesdropping, isn't it? Which two aren't good at home?
Speaker 5: It's very good dropping.
Speaker 3: Lovely Joe Hall from Channel nine. Yeah, Joey, yeah, And I don't know if she could tell I didn't hear what she said. And I was sort of smiling, but I didn't want to keep saying sorry, I missed that.
Speaker 5: At one point she said, it's jas okay over there, and I looked over and you were blowing a gale. And I said, oh, he's hot. He's under that glass room and he's hot. And she said, maybe I should take him for a walk like a little dog. Put him on a lead, take him for a walk.
Speaker 2: Was going to take me for a walk on a lead around Flemington.
Speaker 5: Well she didn't suggest the lead, but I did. And I was like, that's a great idea, Joe, go and ask him to go for a walk. He was like, I ain't leaving. I ain't leaving this Macaroni cheese Aaron Cheney ball station. I'm staying right here.
Speaker 2: Pull up a chair, Joe. A macaroni cheese Aaron Chenny bowl. Yeah, there was.
Speaker 5: It was like a got to your bed bear, you know that, like pasted up cheesy peppery pasta in like a ball.
Speaker 2: Oh beef chick beef had the beef cheeky. Yeah.
Speaker 5: We were very spoiled yesterday in the swanky Marquee.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Bentley Dental Group. All dental under one roof? Is it eb DG dot com dot?
Speaker 2: Are you Lauren?
Speaker 3: You're gonna put on the noise canceling headphone.
Speaker 5: Yes, they're on.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 3: We're going to play loud music. Can reader so she can't hear what we say. She just has to read our lips. She can't hear us.
Speaker 5: We on.
Speaker 2: She was in good form, mister, the races she was in. Yeah, what do you think of her dress?
Speaker 3: Beautiful? She looked great, she did. But for someone that was like, I'll be in and out in an hour, she really fake ten? Okay, yeah, I mean look at stand on the seat when she.
Speaker 5: Got You know, have we started about two about if someone.
Speaker 3: Said she's just getting in now? She was there to what six? Yes, she was the lights on, it's time to go. Yes, it's desperate. It's very desperate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Let's go, okay after you, Oh, here we go.
Speaker 5: Alessandra Alessandra Rampaula Ramble.
Speaker 2: He's a single. Pringle said she likes pigeons. No, Alessandra is a single. Pringle's sexy Latino No is a single.
Speaker 5: Pringle is a sexy pigeon.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Single pringle single she is and she's.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump has a round.
Speaker 5: Rump, George.
Speaker 9: Someone has a round toe.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump has a round rump.
Speaker 9: George. Someone cut the ribbon, George.
Speaker 2: Donald what? Donald Trump?
Speaker 9: Donald Trumps.
Speaker 3: Has a round rump.
Speaker 9: Donald Trump has a round ribbon.
Speaker 2: Rump around round. Hawaiian pizza, Hawaiian pizza.
Speaker 5: I know that one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we love our Hawaiian pizza.
Speaker 3: That I wish they said that at the races.
Speaker 2: Yesterday's called Pineapple.
Speaker 3: If you're pizza haven dropic ghana.
Speaker 5: All right, who's been watching the block?
Speaker 3: I love Auction Night. The only thing is I just told Adrian Portelli, lambeau man, it doesn't run it.
Speaker 5: He wins all the money.
Speaker 3: Comes in and just buys the houses. Like I want to see normal people bidding it.
Speaker 2: That's going to happen.
Speaker 5: Well, I got a bit of god on Adrian Portali, the Melbourne billionaire lambo guy on Melbourne Cup Night. Because Channel nine have the races, the Melbourne Cup, Carnival Orthough. Apparently many apparently many people missed the Melbourne Cup because I had Channel seven on. Because there's also races on Channel seven. Apparently not the Melbourne Cup though.
Speaker 3: Horses were racing. I'm like 's come from.
Speaker 5: And Adrian Portelli went on Tuesday, as did all of the cast of this season of The Block, and he took the entire cast out for dinner on Tuesday night to Kursue Me, which is like a bougie bougie Japanese restaurant in the city, and he dropped a lot of cash on them, and he's whining and dining the moon. There was a bit of beef between some past contestants and the Green Haired Lady. Yes, she's apparently pulling people up on things they've said about her.
Speaker 3: Sorry, is this marriedith side of the Block?
Speaker 5: It's the Block, but there's as much drama on this season anyway.
Speaker 2: The green Head Lady is she's fearless.
Speaker 5: She's no longer a green head lady.
Speaker 2: She's blond headed lady.
Speaker 5: She doesn't want to be recognized maybe, but she's fearless.
Speaker 2: She's fiery.
Speaker 5: She's sort of terrifying.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, yeah, I sort of. It's fiery.
Speaker 5: Anyway. I asked SHANEA Blaze about her yesterday because Shana was there, and I said she is she like scary trying to said I haven't met her. They don't meet them. No, they just judge. She hasn't seen it go through the houses, doesn't other people? Anyway, we did catch up with Shane and Blaze. Remember she said she went through your house. Clinton said it looked lonely. Yes, the word perhaps did that hurt your feelings?
Speaker 2: Feeling great?
Speaker 5: Sweetie, Shane A. Blaze from the block. If I do this chat with you today, yes, that's ten minutes of the show that I don't have to do tomorrow after i'd stay. Would you take one for.
Speaker 12: The team please, I'll take one for the team with the Champagne under my belt.
Speaker 5: So if it. Clint is here also because he doesn't want to have to work on Friday, which is now when you're listening to this Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I am all in for this interview.
Speaker 7: SHANEA great to see you again, well the last time, not that I saw you, but I did see you in my house.
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, it was very frightening.
Speaker 5: And the fact is the fact.
Speaker 12: That I didn't know that you had a lonely monica to your name, and I came in your backyard lonely. And then we are now here with lots of people that will pretend to your friends.
Speaker 5: I'd like to say every hotty that I have met on Oaks Day is a single. Shane a Blaze, Clint Stanaway, Alessandra from Maths? What are all you good looking people doing? Single? Should I started dating app for the hot singles of Channel nine? I think he should.
Speaker 12: It's about time because Raya ain't doing its job?
Speaker 2: Are you on?
Speaker 10: Raya?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 12: I was at the beginning, but Jesus Christ, that was crap.
Speaker 2: Sorry? How does rail work? Asking for a.
Speaker 5: Friend as his eyebrows go up and down? Okay? Should we wind this impact? You guys are both single. I've tried to sink Pin up with anyone any chance.
Speaker 9: Shaner, Oh no, he's too lonely for me.
Speaker 2: Plus I'm happy in my lonely.
Speaker 5: Actually, remember last year we did an interview with you, Sha, and.
Speaker 7: Queen said, I confused you for our previous Lord Mayor Sally cap.
Speaker 12: I'm so sy Sally's lovely, but I yes and serious.
Speaker 2: Look God had a few champagnes.
Speaker 12: That's Sally love you?
Speaker 2: But come on, lovely? Is shanea blaze in the block?
Speaker 5: He's Oh that's what very long? That's what she says about you?
Speaker 4: Quinn.
Speaker 2: I think she had a few mobs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, any Champagne from.
Speaker 3: The dating Appara meets up Lady.
Speaker 6: For the Block.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was on Raya no longer on Raya.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten. Have you spotted someone famous on a dating.
Speaker 5: App rayas the celebrity dating app. Yeah, but surely there were actually a few single celebrities on Derby Day that said to me, do you have any friends on Raya? And I said, oh, I don't know why, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And they said, because you need to be referred near to referral from another celebrity, Well.
Speaker 3: You've got to ring Rayer, and so I've got a friend here.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It's exactly, very very long wrap.
Speaker 2: Up on the apps all the time. But in photos with friends who are on the apps.
Speaker 5: We think that's going to get.
Speaker 3: The photo with you is going to get that's up there with photos.
Speaker 2: If you spotted a celeb on my dating, I want to take you to America.
Speaker 7: It's been a bad couple of days for Kamala Harris, the Democratic nominee for president. First, she loses the election that many thoughts she wouldn't lose.
Speaker 2: Yeah to Donald Trump. Now that got to hurt. There's some trouble for her online. Kamala Harris's phone number, call records, text messages have been leaked by a hacker. The hacker being a guy by the name of they know who, the Phantom. He posted an extract of phone records belonging to Carmela Harris on an encrypted messaging platform and now he's threatening to do exactly the same to the dawn Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Oh, now his messages were signal some such thing.
Speaker 5: Make surely the government.
Speaker 3: I remember Obama wanted to carry a BlackBerry back in the day, and it was a.
Speaker 2: Real big thing.
Speaker 5: Why because is it safer?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, they just don't want the president holding a phone. President kind of a phone you think you could hack into it? Pick up the mic. Oh look look at overseas when they had those buddy is blowing up, they did too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: So what they've leaked her phone?
Speaker 7: Yes, and extracts of messages between her and she's got a past her.
Speaker 5: Oh you can't be doing that. No, And the hacker has come out and said it was me.
Speaker 7: It's me, and you know what, don you're going to do it to you unless my demands are met. Now he's got beef with the own company being a T and T.
Speaker 5: Don't I've got beef with AT and T. He's taking it out. Apparently you can't be doing that question question.
Speaker 3: If your phone texts between so you and Clint got leaked.
Speaker 5: Clint and I have an agreement that we call it the vault. We don't say things over text anymore. We have to be looking in each other's eyes and we tell each other.
Speaker 3: This is in the do you do you signal?
Speaker 5: Do are you signal?
Speaker 2: Never used it before? Funny, you're on it?
Speaker 5: What is it? There's what's happened?
Speaker 3: I was checking you're on it?
Speaker 5: Are there any others people are using outside?
Speaker 3: What's THATPP?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: What's App's not safe anymore?
Speaker 2: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: What's up with? What's signal?
Speaker 5: I don't know of it?
Speaker 3: Executive producer Briety, any other.
Speaker 5: He'll know, he'll know.
Speaker 2: Wicker?
Speaker 5: What's what's Waker? That sounds like a dating app?
Speaker 2: It's not. No, it's an encrypted service that you can use in place of WhatsApp.
Speaker 5: We must get Wicker. I feel sounds a bit black marketing. Yeah, yes, I don't need to buy fireworks this week.
Speaker 2: You've got a telegraph telegram? Yes?
Speaker 5: Can I go through your telegram?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm going to I'm gonna need to petro to Bull over my phone right now.
Speaker 5: What do you think Donald Trump and kame Ala Harris are using wicker?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: John would be a wicked guy. Yeah, a voice to text. I can see pressing the buttons.
Speaker 5: Voice. I love the voice to text, but sometimes they're just far too long. You get halfway through, it stops and then you're like to see back to the start.
Speaker 3: Protective text gets in trouble to That's how we got in trouble with the swingers next door?
Speaker 2: Remember swinging Sharon? Yeah, what do you say to It.
Speaker 3: Was something like she she was like put the bins out? But like do you want to come over and put the bins out? But it just said do you want to come over and get them out?
Speaker 5: And we're like, okay, is that why we called her? Sharon?
Speaker 2: Yes that come over anyway to put the bins out?
Speaker 5: Seriously, definitely swingers, a definite.
Speaker 3: I want to talk Olivia Rodrigo, m.
Speaker 5: Pat you out for the whole Oh she fell in the hole.
Speaker 2: Fell in the whole Christmas.
Speaker 3: She went on Fallon or Kimmel. When she got back to the US, she was talking about how after the concert they took her off to the hospital here in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Oh, you would do a check. That was that was quite a big fall.
Speaker 2: Because some people were saying it might have been manufactured.
Speaker 5: No, one's falling a whole in the middle of their concert. Deliberate people are saying it apparently people have too much time on their hands. That's not true. She could have like broken her leg.
Speaker 2: She could have. No, she didn't.
Speaker 5: Didn't you've watched too much reality to you. Yeah, someone someone like deliberately fell into.
Speaker 7: Donald Trump's truth social what's that? That's the rival to Twitter or x is the social media? There's another Twitter.
Speaker 5: Don't hang on.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump's made his own Twitter truth social It's called this is not joking.
Speaker 5: He's got his own social media to get on the truth. So how many people are on the truth social twin? Donald and and Olivia rod REGOs, Yes, I've never heard of such a thing.
Speaker 3: Back to Olivia, she on the truth social social Are you joking?
Speaker 5: Oh you're making it up?
Speaker 2: You're tricks?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: Like we digress?
Speaker 5: Is it encrypted. Is it like an encrypted chat on the truth serum?
Speaker 2: It's truth truth, truth Social.
Speaker 5: She doesn't have one called truth serum, truth social.
Speaker 2: Good for your good, for your lards.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll download it to them. It is she. Why are we talking about Olivia Rodrigo?
Speaker 3: I think more importantly, she threw herself in a hole truth social. Olivia Rodrigo has revealed in an interview that she has she deliberately fell that she has a question she uses in the first few minutes on a date to filter out.
Speaker 5: Okay, is it do you have kids?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: What suburbs do you live in?
Speaker 3: What's your shoe size? Do you want to go to space? People that are fall on nerdy and want to travel to space?
Speaker 2: She likes them freaks her Oh me too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not getting man, that Richard Branson rocket. Not enough money in the water.
Speaker 3: We barely get you on the Jetstar. We're not going to get you on What about rockets?
Speaker 5: I'm not getting on social? What about those tweeting from what about those astronauts that are stuck in the sky for like another six space still? Yeah, they're still there.
Speaker 2: You haven't prepped for Christmas?
Speaker 5: I'm with Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 2: Well, they only packed for a week. Seriously, what they've got?
Speaker 5: No, they must have space food up there.
Speaker 2: Do you think they've got fresh duds? No, we're the same duds.
Speaker 5: They'd be po marsh in the duds, the duds undies. Anyway, I don't think that's what she's asking.
Speaker 3: What would be your question that you would do to filter out?
Speaker 5: We talking about Olivia Rodrigo. She filters out people.
Speaker 2: I just got it. I'm just currently downloading truth social.
Speaker 5: She filters out dates by asking if they want to go to space. In fact, if someone asked me if I wanted to go to space on a first date, that would be enough for me to leave your day, friend, I'm out of here. I don't have a go It's been a while since I've been on a date.
Speaker 3: What about a group of friends.
Speaker 5: Is there a go to question that I ask them? Oh? God, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Nineteen twenty four ten. Do you have a topic or a question you asked to filter out the good from the bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The first filter?
Speaker 5: I think in Melbourne a lot of people would ask what football team do you go for? That's a very like.
Speaker 2: Melbourne where you go up what's good? What school need to go?
Speaker 5: There's a very Melbourne he made hi mine who?
Speaker 2: He asked?
Speaker 3: What side the west Gate because he don't cross?
Speaker 5: Oh? And what side to see live on? The Gelong? The beautiful Bellerine Peninsula side.
Speaker 2: Nope, the Melbourne side. What else would you ask? Are you on truth social?
Speaker 5: If people know what truth social is, that's enough for me to not get.
Speaker 2: That's a red flag.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty fourteen, how many.
Speaker 5: Encrypted messages apps to you? That's a good question to filter people out.
Speaker 3: In return, I got Holly Mully batches up for grabs. Holy Molly Fun House now open on Little Burke Street. Search Holy Moully Fun House for more information. Thirteen twenty four to ten is our number? What's your filtering question?
Speaker 2: To filter out the freaks?
Speaker 3: And we are asking on thirteen twenty four ten, what's your filter question?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 5: Olivia Rodrigo has said in an interview that when she goes on a date, she asks the person on the date, do you want to go to space?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: If they say that they're interested, shoo's out And I'm with her.
Speaker 2: I mean, what is it about space? It freaks?
Speaker 5: Yeah, freaky taky, just not keep me on Earth or in the realm of Earth, mouth dives or something space. So I don't know. I know how I feel about aliens.
Speaker 2: I get deep veins on bosis, flying a Britain. Yeah, I got to go to space. Yeah, I'd be sitting there twelve and those. I don't think that's key for it.
Speaker 5: I don't know anything about space. I only just found out the Moon wasn't a planet the other day.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. Is it a star? He looks like a space.
Speaker 5: Not a planet. That's all I know.
Speaker 3: Clint, Yeah, I can imagine he'd report from there.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't want to go just because I wouldn't want to wear the jumpsuit. Jumpsuits aren't flattering on me.
Speaker 2: You've done bridge climb, you know.
Speaker 5: I won't do the bridge climb because the harness. But in Canada, I had to walk on top of the tallest tower in the world or something.
Speaker 2: I like to do the harness, and no.
Speaker 5: I hated the whole thing. I was terrified and the harness and the jumpson and you're on television and I'm on television.
Speaker 2: The harness is on television. Is there a camel on top of.
Speaker 5: The Have you said a camera. No, oh yeah, the camel was on the buildings.
Speaker 2: Jumpsuit, there's one on me.
Speaker 5: I don't want to walk on rooftops of bild things like that.
Speaker 2: I'd rather I want to go to the harness.
Speaker 5: Find me a person who's done the bridgewalk that looks good in that suit.
Speaker 2: And ridiculous get a flashy gray and blue suits. Anyway, what's the.
Speaker 3: Question you used to filter out the freaks?
Speaker 8: When I was single, I'd actually ask them what they their thoughts were on a personal number plate and if they want to one, what would it be?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 5: Yes, so you judge them on what their personally.
Speaker 8: They're stupid and not you know, creative.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm not creator. So you like people with personal plates or not at all?
Speaker 8: I'm not a fan. But if there's something stupid, like I don't know, I'm awesome and it's spelt weird and it looked like jerk and no.
Speaker 5: Thank you like great with a G great mate?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I love that?
Speaker 5: Really you I have initials. My dad got them for my eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Birth initials was fine. I just don't like the words three.
Speaker 6: What do you have?
Speaker 5: A sick guy?
Speaker 2: Stanner sixty? Did you Stanner? S t A, but they were handed down.
Speaker 7: They were mum and dads weirdly back in the eighties or nineties, and I got them for my agies.
Speaker 5: Still got Stanner on your somewhere.
Speaker 2: They're not on the sports car.
Speaker 5: He didn't have a number your original stammer.
Speaker 3: Your dad used to fix ten bits.
Speaker 2: Then he was the tan Man.
Speaker 5: His number plate was Tan Man.
Speaker 2: He used to drop us off at school in the Tan Man van. If you can Tan Tad Dan ten Tad can here's Oh my god, it's like the grand guy.
Speaker 3: Lauren and Richmond.
Speaker 2: Uh what do you ask?
Speaker 5: I actually had two and my first one was do you have an iPhone or do you have a Yeah? Yeah, if they're a Samsung, ye record Lauren.
Speaker 4: My second one was are you an mc C member or do you sit in general?
Speaker 6: Admit?
Speaker 5: And do you like the mc C members or no?
Speaker 6: Love the.
Speaker 5: Mc C chases out there?
Speaker 3: I reckon they just they're just talking up with MCC members to get to the ging the.
Speaker 4: O absolutely not.
Speaker 6: I mean you don't really watch it much games anyway from them.
Speaker 5: You snob listen to you and Lauren.
Speaker 3: Oh year, we can possibly sit Lauren on the phone.
Speaker 5: I'll see with the cheese squad.
Speaker 2: Lauren, what's school together?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Here we go. This is when you were talking about the school town.
Speaker 6: I was like, that's me too.
Speaker 5: I went to Sion in box Hill a single Lauren.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not, and I I regret to inform.
Speaker 6: That my current partner does not have an m c C.
Speaker 5: Really, I think you wouldn't ask.
Speaker 8: But it's on the weight least.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 5: Oh that's good. That'll come through in about twenty four years. Awesome, good on you. Oh my god, she's going to dump him now?
Speaker 3: Yeah she is. She didn't sound into it.
Speaker 5: Another Lauren, Another Laurren Laurence time maintenance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that you look at the topic, Lauren, what do you do you ask?
Speaker 6: So? I used to people how they rated bacon on a scale.
Speaker 2: Of one great bab bacon as in the Crispy Ratios.
Speaker 6: Delicious bacon, all the vegans and vegetarians.
Speaker 5: Ah, you got rather vegans and the vegio is that way?
Speaker 2: How do you like your bacon, Lauren?
Speaker 6: Oh, chrispy, not like a little bit wavy?
Speaker 2: Oh Chrispy a little bit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know how you wavy means? I know how She asked, are you single?
Speaker 6: Lauren?
Speaker 5: From Lanceville. You single.
Speaker 6: I'm not actually met my husband on bubble Laster.
Speaker 2: Really, but he had is he like he's bacon. He's happy to hate. He's baking anyway.
Speaker 5: Can get it good on your Lauren.
Speaker 2: They make it bacon.
Speaker 3: They am making Bacon's willow rogue all that.
Speaker 5: That's what's going to say. Humans are so weird, aren't we?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's our show.
Speaker 10: Melbourne's Christmas Wonderland arrives at Colfield Racecourse from November twenty nine.
Speaker 5: Book now, I ticket past Rais and Laurence shame.
Speaker 3: Shut, Let's go Melbourne Cup Cannibal Sorry, wrong one. But Christmas Wonderland.
Speaker 5: The Melbourne Cup Carnival is nearly run and done.
Speaker 3: Exactly because Christmas is around the corner. It is save Melbourne Christmas wonder and arrives at Corefield Race Course from November twenty nine a book now, ticket Master. It sells out quick, so I would get in early.
Speaker 2: Kids. It was heaving.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's always busy. It's such a good day out all right, and thanks for those guys. We have cash to give away. We've got a Christmas tree in here, Clint. It is covered in borbles. You're going to give it a shake. Whatever borble falls off, they've all got monetary values written on them.
Speaker 2: Monetary monetary values. Yesterday's borble was heavy for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Yea, there's two dollarles on here. Okay, there's eight hundred dollars brbles, there's five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, you are going to Michelle alo, Michelle, Hi.
Speaker 5: How are you, Misschell wats your husband's birthday tomorrow? It is? Yeah, you got a gift sorted yet?
Speaker 3: Or are we going to do a Lauren Phillips and throw money at the problem.
Speaker 5: Last minute, I was going to go with the Lauren Phillips option, Yeah, because you know, the later you leave it, the more you end up spending in a panic.
Speaker 3: Lauren is excellent a gift giving. I'll give your hint.
Speaker 2: What's time.
Speaker 3: My wife wouldn't be listening the perfume that you put me onto it Christmas.
Speaker 2: It was brilliant.
Speaker 5: She had the customized label and I got it backdated so it looked like it looked like he bought it long before Christmas? Smart?
Speaker 3: Smart, Yeah, can we remove the twenty fourth of December?
Speaker 5: Change the date? And they did it all right, Michelle, Let's try and win you some cash. Clint has the responsibility of shaking the trees to shake.
Speaker 3: Here we go, ready, Clint, the shake away, shake, keep checking to a bubble comes off?
Speaker 2: We have a bubble?
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 3: This is very reminiscent of a Prices right game, isn't it?
Speaker 5: What does it say?
Speaker 2: One thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 8: Wonderful.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys so much, Shaky grand coming into the weekends. Michelle, We're done perfect, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I just got a bit bigger it did.
Speaker 5: Make sure you spend someone yourself as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Congratulatana won one hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Give me.
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 9: Michelle?
Speaker 5: Well done?
Speaker 3: Happy birthday for you, Habby tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: No worries.
Speaker 3: You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well.
Speaker 1: Our next guest is a legendary builder with a whistle that will stop you in your tracks. Tools up with the block Philip Island wrapping up. He's here to give us some insider tips on some very important blocktions.
Speaker 2: Slis. Welcome to the show. Scotty Gap guys.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what the technology here is blowing my mind.
Speaker 5: So you're not in the studio with us, because you're down in the blockhouses in Philip Island right now.
Speaker 6: I am, Yes, I'm on Philip Island and I'm in the blockhouses in the block compound loctions coming up. What's very exciting and very nervous.
Speaker 3: Always a bone of contention is the reserve prices. I've seen Scotty throw his toys in the past. Remember that year you got involved scott Ring Management.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 6: That was a big mistake that I read the CEO and I said they're too high and he took one hundred grand off and then they sold for like five hundred thousand. Did her network a lot of money?
Speaker 5: He's staying out of it. Have they got their reserves yet, Scotty, they had got them.
Speaker 6: And you know what, I don't know what they are. They're not telling us. I don't know what the reserves are. Every year it's up to them to tell me because it's a very well kept secret. A couple of people know from the network, but I don't know what they are. Promise you that and they haven't told us what they are.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: So have you seen the contestants though, Because there's always a bit of controversy on that day. Someone's upset, someone's elated, someone's fighting.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we did it all yesterday, the reserve prices and we did the auction order.
Speaker 2: What's the mood like that? Kylie would be for of joy.
Speaker 6: The auction order mood was pretty orderful.
Speaker 2: It always is.
Speaker 5: They did they get to design themselves? Or did you guys dictate what the order was?
Speaker 6: You'll have to watch. It's there's an argument, there's a bit of to and frowing, and there's it was a long day, a long day yesterday, you know, Philip Holland, I'm sure I went straight to peanots and had a Calvin.
Speaker 5: We would have needed to go to the penguin parade to calm the moon.
Speaker 3: I love every years out, but I just will let you guys work out the option order. And I'm like, you know exactly how this is going to end into you?
Speaker 2: Have you sorted things out with our friend with the green hair?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: No, I'm just sort of staying away and I'm there to support everybody try and get them through the block is tough.
Speaker 6: It's a hard road.
Speaker 5: But she wasn't supporting you, Scott.
Speaker 3: Can you give me the background?
Speaker 5: Do you think mean the green hair. She said some four letter words about our scott Cam. A.
Speaker 6: What's that reading out feedback? It's just the last feedback that you're going to get from the changes on your house. So i'd really appreciate it if you didn't tell me to wrap it up. Shana liked the driveway.
Speaker 5: Colors really there, but it wasn't very Yes.
Speaker 6: My wife is very upset because she doesn't like people talking to me like that. Yeah, she's very protective.
Speaker 5: Well, your wife might be upset, but she's upset with her husband. To the greenhead lady whose name escaped me, what is that.
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 5: They were Melbourne Cup Day together though she's got agree together?
Speaker 6: A Yeah, I think I'm not sure, but yes they are together, but I'm not sure how. She's very loose talking to us, right.
Speaker 5: She did say I'm going to come back and I'm going to sell this house and I'm going to take you for half.
Speaker 6: I said to her, Well, she's yeah, she's uh. I mean, let's talk about the other contentions drama.
Speaker 2: I saw Carlie on Tuesday. I said it's lovely to see you, and she goes, but is it? What have I said about you Scotty, you ever thought you'd be hosting Married a first time.
Speaker 6: I don't like it, I must admit, And you know it's it's an organic show and what happens is not our doing. I've got to tell you that we put a cameras in front of people and how they act is up to them and uh, and we try and wrangle it and control it as best we can. But when it gets to this stage, you know, we you know, we prefer it not to be this serious.
Speaker 2: And yeah, we had some.
Speaker 6: Issues early on in the season with Jesse and Page that was a different story. That was physical and mental health issues that we needed to address, and we gave them the opportunity to make that decision and they did make that decision themselves and lean and then and then other things have transpired throughout the series. It's been a tough one.
Speaker 5: You made the mass experts down there.
Speaker 3: The hammers left the nail bag. Let's just say that, Scotty, what what your gut to? What do you reckon? These how as are going to go for?
Speaker 6: Mate? Look, honestly, you've got no control over the options. It's going to be. It's the same every year we wake up on auction day. Feeling a bit sick in the stomach. We're not. We've got no control. The general buying public will decide that and we just turn up on the day. I've got no idea what they're going to go for. I don't know if they're going to make money. I don't know if they're all going to sell.
Speaker 5: If you were going to buy one, whose house would you buy if you had cash sitting there to buy one?
Speaker 2: He's got cash sitting there.
Speaker 6: I love them equally like my children.
Speaker 5: That's not true. Don't tell which one.
Speaker 6: Well, the boys I cannot pick. I love those houses for different reasons.
Speaker 5: You're very diplomatic this morning.
Speaker 3: What's that little negotiation.
Speaker 6: I'm not a fan of black, so I probably wouldn't buy that one.
Speaker 3: You hate to write so to, don't you, Scott? It is that you would hate to run Shelly Shelley hates to writ I don't mind. Have you seen Guy Sebastian's bathroom? It is floor to ceiling, Tarato.
Speaker 5: When I've seen Guy Sebastian's bathroom, you.
Speaker 2: Go around for look in the bathroom.
Speaker 6: Do you know what It's funny? I was having a waying guys, did you like to. I didn't notice Shelley Kraft would call that a public toiler.
Speaker 3: Hey, Scotty, good work this season has always made good luck for the options on the weekend.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Gay love you sell you about it.
Speaker 2: I love that man.
Speaker 5: That is very diplomatic. He's very good.
Speaker 3: Scotty came joining us in the block.
Speaker 2: It's right on eight. Thanks Scottie.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Good on your mate, have a good weekend.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Pels say.
Speaker 2: Here we god.
Speaker 3: Winter five count of Friday. It'd be nice, wouldn't it for the weekend.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't that be nice?
Speaker 3: Hey, sir Bob Galdoff going to be joining us after I thirty this morning. He's a smart cookie.
Speaker 2: He'd get the yes. All right.
Speaker 3: Let's go to creanbern and questions.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he would get I don't know. All right, Ashley, let's see if you know, good.
Speaker 8: Morning, good morning, how are you going well?
Speaker 5: Thank you? Now you're feeling confident this morning?
Speaker 8: Oh so a little bit?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: We got three questions here for you, A tricky one for five thousand dollars, a medium question for five hundred, or an easy one for fifty bucks. What do you want to go for this morning, Ashley, I.
Speaker 8: Might go medium, please, good god, five hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars the old medium.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Medium goes off all the time.
Speaker 3: Do you I go medium? Coke at the movies, the lunch at the met It's way.
Speaker 7: Too buck of coffee. The big coffees are too too much milk. You're running straight to the toilet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you get a piece.
Speaker 5: Of all right, too much milk or too much coffee.
Speaker 2: Bit of both, Ashley. You will hear your question. These things are on, aren't they. Yeah, all right, Ashley, be broadcasting or more.
Speaker 5: You're going to hear a question. You hear a three two one countdown. You have to answer within that time.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Ashley.
Speaker 3: If you don't know, yes, all right, Yeah, no worries, good luck. This is your five hundred dollars question.
Speaker 1: Named the town that cartoon characters the Flintstones lived in?
Speaker 5: Three okay, all right, there's some issues there. Actually the Flintstones.
Speaker 9: Simpson.
Speaker 5: Wow, the Flintstones don't live in the Simpsons Ringing. They live in Flennstones.
Speaker 2: Meet the Flinstones.
Speaker 5: They're the Monstone.
Speaker 2: Fami from the town of Rock.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I never watched that growing up.
Speaker 5: The Stone.
Speaker 7: Anyway, the Simpsons aren't from Springvale Springfield?
Speaker 5: Did she say spring Vail?
Speaker 2: During your news we work something out. Oh yeah, talk to me. You're going to have a bore. We think I look like Barney.
Speaker 5: He looks exactly like Barney. Jacey's Barney Rubble in a real human version. Barn If you don't know what Barney Rubble looks like, google it right now. Do yourself a faith costumes because Barney Rubble also has no neck like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're Barney.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Look at how he's standing too, with his big feet in his little twisted hands.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, oh my god, you're Barney Rubble.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to get him one of those costumes.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, that's doable. We can do that. Not tomorrow though, because it's the weekend coming away tomorrow, Monday.
Speaker 2: I'm not dressing as Barney tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, it is you. Yeah, what a shame.
Speaker 3: Hey, you can head to CAFC and get more bang for your bucket with KFC's packed lunch.
Speaker 5: That's what Barney would do.
Speaker 3: Absolutely for just nine to ninety five. Not available on delivery. It's just gone thirteen past eight. So Bob Galdoff coming up and one of us is in hot water with our partner. We're going to get to that soon.
Speaker 2: This is nover. Jason Lawrence Floods.
Speaker 5: Loves let's snuck up Friday.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Looks like a sparkling morning out.
Speaker 3: There before it all turns to crap.
Speaker 5: Oh that was very negative negative.
Speaker 2: Sorry right now with this beautiful thing we call Sorry, he.
Speaker 5: Got out of the wrong side of bed this morning.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Shall we restart?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go get Jason Lawrence loves.
Speaker 5: Bet you didn't see this coming Melbourne. But it's sparkling out there today.
Speaker 2: What a fabulous Friday, sparkling all day, all day it is.
Speaker 5: I want to know about that, but I do break.
Speaker 3: Down the Shall we start it? Every Friday? We like to do lights on sing along. How this works is when the song starts, you proudly turn on your headlights. That is your way of identifying yourself as a person singing that along. It's a bat symbol.
Speaker 2: It's the way to do it.
Speaker 3: And then you look at other cars with their lights on. You just give each other a little nod as you sing along to the Friday song.
Speaker 5: It gives you permission to live a little on a Friday morning. If you like this song, we try and choose a certified banger each week. Jase, you're in charge. Today you chose thirteen fourteen is our number. Give us a call if you see headlights.
Speaker 3: Don't put him on yet. Don't put him on yet.
Speaker 5: Also call us if no one's turned the headlights on, because it means Jason has chosen not a good No.
Speaker 2: No, I reckon.
Speaker 3: It's a good one.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of pressure. It's a wave of your chosen mate. Come on, big boy, what do you got? What are your favorites?
Speaker 5: Not mister bright Side again?
Speaker 3: We played that two weeks go away, two days away from you two. We're about to be joined by I said, So Momb's in the house, so we need to look you know somewhat. Yeah, we need to raise the bar in it. He was responsible for Live Aight, Oh You Amaze in concert. You would have seen it feature forty years ago. It was forty in the movie Bahamian rhapso ty oh yes. This is one from the top Shelf, which was all about the band Queen.
Speaker 5: Oh here we go Melbourne. Turn your headlights on and sing along.
Speaker 2: If your love it favor. We will rock you.
Speaker 3: We are the champions. This is your Friday single.
Speaker 5: Long thirteen, twenty four ten. If you're sing headlights everywhere?
Speaker 3: They performed at Live aid to Bob Galdoff as responsible for it. He is on the air coming up in the next ten minutes here on Nova and Lights Off Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Yes, how did we go on our lights song?
Speaker 2: Pretty well? Lots of calls.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the phone, Taylen, where be you're dropping the kids off?
Speaker 2: You see lights on?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, heaps of light's good choice on the song.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Victorian Reservoir. Morning, Victoria, Good morning. Are you on the way to school? Yeah, we're singing. Did you know that song?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Awesome from my thoughts, sports are the champions. You'll be the champion at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Hello to melon' rosebar.
Speaker 5: Morning, Hey mel Hi, guys, how are you?
Speaker 2: Where are you? Did you see lights?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 8: Just driving from home to school with my son?
Speaker 6: He counted thirty four light yeah, queen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, queen it well done. Have a great day at school.
Speaker 2: It's got a diamond. Craig call, are lights on out there?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 8: So right, guys, they've got the busses peuting along, and I'm a great old singer.
Speaker 5: Even the buses are singing along. We love that.
Speaker 3: Queen came through with the goods.
Speaker 5: Well done, Queen. Have a good day, Kelly. What a great way to do.
Speaker 2: We played Bahimian Rahap City.
Speaker 5: Now we were going to that goes about thirteen minutes. That would give us thirteen minutes. I'll do that, Queen. It's been a long week.
Speaker 2: Do you know to spell it?
Speaker 10: Here we go?
Speaker 5: No, Let's watch him try and spell Bahemian rap City. Go on, give it a whirl.
Speaker 2: I'm struggling to look up. Queen.
Speaker 1: Our next guest has had a long standing vendetta against mondays.
Speaker 2: Lang.
Speaker 1: He's a music legend, political activist, and the brands behind some of the biggest charity concerts the world has ever seen.
Speaker 2: Please welcome to the.
Speaker 5: Bob Geldof Good morning, Good morning guys. Hey, welcome to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Thanks very much.
Speaker 5: Have you partied since you've been here? Have you been enjoying it?
Speaker 2: Went to the cup?
Speaker 11: Yea, went to see a show, got taken her to dinner. All good, yep, And I'm out of here as soon as I've done with you. Guys.
Speaker 2: It's enough.
Speaker 7: So it's been busy because I have seen you everywhere, Sir Bob. You you are a busy man, I know.
Speaker 2: And you're last you went. I could have done with that.
Speaker 5: Hey, what about the luck of the Irish at the Melbourne Cup?
Speaker 2: Tell me about it. Person.
Speaker 5: Did you bet on that Irish jockey? No?
Speaker 4: I bet on Night's.
Speaker 2: Choice because he's been knighted.
Speaker 5: That's not because of the Irish jockey.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 11: There were ten Irish horses, so I had to. I just picked one that didn't. But the guy who one, it's a great thing. I think he won the voice.
Speaker 5: He just sung with Ronan.
Speaker 4: The Roland's going to race in the last.
Speaker 3: I've done a job, I asked, stupid question when you're n Is that the sword job?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 2: Is he queen? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I watched King Ralph the other day when they cliped the ear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great movie.
Speaker 3: Was there any Was there any theory movies you watch to inform your lists? Well, it was a dock in preparation for you. Were you worried about the ear clip back in the day or was she quite good with the sword?
Speaker 7: She?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: In terms of snapping Night?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's it's heavy and it sort of falls weightly on your shoulder, so you truly understand you're receiving something of gravitas that.
Speaker 2: Google just go everywhere. Does it go on the boarding pass for instance? Uh, it's screaming it useful?
Speaker 11: It's on the driving license. Yeah, and I can show it to you here. And also when the restaurant's full, where you bought the chiefest Economy.
Speaker 5: Tickets, did they bump you up the front.
Speaker 2: To get you know?
Speaker 4: It sometimes works to you?
Speaker 5: There's his wallet? Could you give me a credit card while you're there?
Speaker 2: Yes? What's there?
Speaker 11: It is?
Speaker 5: Pulled out your license.
Speaker 2: From the wallet, just to prove it's just to prove that it works.
Speaker 5: So that while it looks like it's traveled the world with you a few times.
Speaker 3: Over, your photo on your license looks more like a parole shop.
Speaker 2: Don't ask about that one.
Speaker 3: We're only talking about you in our house. The other day, I got three young boys under ten, and you're watching the Bohemian Rhapsody movie and the live Aid concert came on, and I was just giving the boys, you know, a rundown of what it was all about.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 7: Ye, such an important history Marker is is the world dramatically a bit of place.
Speaker 11: Not since the day before yesterday when he terrified. I'm I'm so sad and alarmed by talking about the world, and I think it will be all about them. I think the rest of us, like Britain, is basically protecting their eastern flank and also protects their western flank.
Speaker 4: And that's the only use Trump would have for us.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 11: People bed that the man is a fool and a dangerous fool, and he's been surrounded by, you know, billionaires who believe the world should work to their benefit according to them. So I think it's a very very very dangerous moment. He is surrounded by fanatics, he's incapable of leadership, He's just a moving fool.
Speaker 5: You know, were you expecting it?
Speaker 11: Well, I was saying yes, I was saying it's Trump because all the energy was running his way. And what I wasn't expecting was them to win the House and the Senates. And so it's look for all of us who think a certain way, who've got a view of the world. Certainly in my life, I'm all now that the sort of old post war consensus of social democracy that we redistribute wealth and we bring as many boats up as we can along with us, and that prevents revolution.
Speaker 4: And fascism and stuff like that. That's gone out the window with this election.
Speaker 7: As a global community, do we care enough or have we become far too selfish?
Speaker 11: So your original question is since eighty five of things improved. Absolutely within the first ten years of our century, four hundred million people were pulled out of extreme poverty. That's extraordinary and it would have continued. So poverty itself is unnecessary.
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 11: You know, if people are rich enough to trade with us, produce stuff, they buy our stuff, we buy theirs. It's pretty simple, but it's not something necessarily that I'm a COUNCILUS like Trump unders dance, it's always the deal. He's never done a good deal in the man's.
Speaker 3: Life, and unfortunately's heading back to the White House. We are on the air, we said Bob Geldoff this morning. Hey, let's light in the mood. We're going to go to the kit Lroy on the Alice side of this, we'll continue our chat. We are on the air, we said Bob Galdoff this morning. He's returning to Australia next year. You can go for a night with Bob Galdoff speaking to her and you're gonna be performing songs as well. Hey, just just before the kid Lroy, we were talking about Trump. Then have you have you ever met him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I met him. That he was sort of.
Speaker 4: When he was a developer in the eighties, you know, was the orange then or he just said he was a good looking guy.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know, but.
Speaker 11: You go to wherever the dew was usually it was flattened. Well I went once and no idea who that I was, you know or whatever. He just he just said, just welcome and you shook hands. You were at the party. But it was all the faces of that time, you know, and he was making sure they all came to him. I don't think it had political ambitions. I think they arrived with popularity with the Apprentice.
Speaker 5: You know, you've done some amazing things in your time, and I know you'll obviously tell a lot of those stories quite humbly on your tour.
Speaker 4: No, not humbly. I don't do pride, I don't do humility.
Speaker 5: But who are some like you did so much of it through music and through the music industry. Who are some of those musicians and bands and entertainers now who you look at and think, well, they are doing great things for the world. Because I think that.
Speaker 4: I don't think you need to.
Speaker 11: I mean, I'm sure you guys, because you do this show and your your personality face, you get asked to do stuff, and I don't think it's that's part of the job of being a musician. The only job of the artist is to create good art. They failed when they create bad art.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: The rest is up to the person. What view did they take on things.
Speaker 11: My view was that when the Rats had the number one records on the stadiums and all that stuff, my my take on that was that famous occurrency and like any currency, it depends on how wisely you spend it. And at the very beginning the first ever interview I did, the journalist said, well, what do you want to get out of this? And I said three things. I want to get rich, I want to get famous, and I want to get laid. And you know, if you come from yeah, it's done at all, mate, and it's a lot better than you and you know the rich, the rich and laid bodies it is self evident. But the fame thing, I actually said, so I've checked it is. I want to use the platform it gives me to talk about the things that bother me and I have, so that that's me and I really don't put that on others. So for example, when we were putting together Live Aid and some of the bands have broken up, like the Hohop, Pete Townsend Rogers didn't like each other, so I had to beg Pete to phone Roger and make up to come back. Some came back naturally, the Beach Boy, Black Sabbath.
Speaker 3: Are you responsible for Oasis getting back together?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 11: But honestly, what I literally was texting Noel on the car over here, you know, because we have this text bro relationship sort of thing, and they're a great bad and they would not do something like this.
Speaker 4: It's not their thing.
Speaker 2: And what's it.
Speaker 11: Nole's really clever guy, I mean properly so, but like, no, it's not what they do, it's not what that's somewhere he is. He doesn't believe it it achieves anything. But even if you did believe in chiefd anything, if you don't want to do it, that's completely fine.
Speaker 2: Queen.
Speaker 11: You know, were very difficult because I told this story. But it's true. They'd come to the end of a world tour.
Speaker 2: They were in Oz.
Speaker 11: Harvey Goldsmith, the promoter in London, said you got to get Queen. I said, why, it's kind of a bit done with Queen, isn't it. And why Harvey wanted them because he wants to do their next tour. Roger the drummer is again name drop Stuff, a really good friend.
Speaker 3: I hang with him and I called, can you can you add us to these group checks?
Speaker 5: I don't like it.
Speaker 11: I called called Roger in Australia and they said, oh man, you know, we know what's going on. It's amazing, but we're a bit tired. The tour had not gone great. Fred's gone big things. I said, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: So two days later the phone called Bobbsey, you know. I said, oh, hi, Fred, you know, and he said, well, what's all this about, Darling?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 4: He said, it's it's wonderful what you're doing, but it's realiot, you know, And I.
Speaker 11: Said, well, I don't know. And I didn't care if they did this or not, you know, I really didn't. I didn't think we had that. We had every band that ever existed. Probably there was a silence, and I just couldn't care lessen. I said that the only thing that popped into my mind was, well, look, Fred, if ever there was a stage build.
Speaker 2: For you, this is it.
Speaker 4: And he said, what do you mean you know? And I said, well, darling the world and it was just silence, and he said, yes, I think I know where you're coming from.
Speaker 2: And that was it.
Speaker 4: The next minute they pitch up and they do this genius.
Speaker 3: Incredible hearing your dad, It's like it's like the phone call was yesterday.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they're the stories that people are going to be hanging for an evening with Sir Bob Goldoff. Songs and stories from an extraordinary life coming towards to change the name?
Speaker 11: Oh great, changed the name forget Songs and Stories of an extraordinary life Today it's what's a life? W TF?
Speaker 5: Right? Is that really what we're changing it to? Just change it? I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 2: T E. G.
Speaker 3: Dainty dot Com Life w t F is the tour.
Speaker 5: One man show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, related to somebody on our team? Oh yeah, Barrish producer, You're all related, aren't you? He might? Yeah? Is this your granddad? Close?
Speaker 1: Turns out Sir Bob and I are from about thirty sevens from each other.
Speaker 5: I live in a place at home called Sally Noggan, Glenna.
Speaker 2: Gear, Salty Noggan, hang on.
Speaker 3: One of the three you wanted fame, money, and get neighbors.
Speaker 2: Is a good chance you might not, just as Ma'm none of those things.
Speaker 4: This is called a straded huber. You know this is why you're going home sooner.
Speaker 2: I take it.
Speaker 5: Now, he said, Producages said, he told you the town he's from, And what did you say about the town?
Speaker 2: That was?
Speaker 11: It is a ship's at the top of the hill.
Speaker 4: I'm in the posh part.
Speaker 11: The people up in the knock and the Saldy knock and the people up in the knock and scared the crap out of me.
Speaker 4: There was a couple of guys from the knock and there Smiley Bulger.
Speaker 11: You're not related to Your second name is in Bulger chance Smile, It's not Smiley Bulger.
Speaker 3: So, Bob, thanks so much for joinings, Mat. It's been absolutely trick.
Speaker 2: Jeers, guys, that what that Janet?
Speaker 5: I love Janet Jackson Velvet Rope was one of my favorite albums.
Speaker 2: Were not playing the album one of.
Speaker 5: The first CD's I hadteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: That was from All for You? Yeah, not from the Velvet Rope? Right is not? Velvet Rope proceeded All for.
Speaker 5: You preceded, Should we play the album? Is that before or after?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: This was the next one was yes, Well the velvet Rope was my favorite.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not playing that. Ball was on the velvet right.
Speaker 5: Together again, Dreamer, balanced together everywhere, good small see good album is a great song. It was a great album. Good on you, Janet. That was perfect for a Friday Friday. Where's Janet Jackson these days?
Speaker 2: Well? She said it went to ground a bit, didn't.
Speaker 5: The Souper Bowl after justin? Was it justin Timberlake?
Speaker 3: Yeah, accidentally, here was an accident, you.
Speaker 5: Might call it. Well, have a great weekend, everybody.
Speaker 2: We've hung out a lot this week.
Speaker 5: We've hung out too much, to be honest, we've hung out too much.
Speaker 10: We have.
Speaker 5: It is time for the weekend. Everyone's sick of us too.
Speaker 2: You want to hang in on the weekend, I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Be at home with the Janet Jackson marathon happened in my own house.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being so exciting.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, Clinton, Well, I'm enjoying my downtime at home, you'll be working ninety seven different jobs. Also sounds exciting.
Speaker 3: I'm going to take the producing team real estates shop.
Speaker 5: Are they who's getting kicked out of home?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: We had a big fun day day yesterday, huge shout out to our friends at the Victorian.
Speaker 2: Right, maybe we should set up a tenn city.
Speaker 5: But I think a few people got in trouble by not getting home on time or not at all? Who owes their partner in apology?
Speaker 3: Does have found a good? Three better?
Speaker 5: Producer Brodie? Do you own an apology?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, say sorry to your wife?
Speaker 2: Sorry Annie?
Speaker 5: Producer Jazz, I think you owe an apology?
Speaker 2: Does on an hour of air time?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Janet Jackson I said.
Speaker 5: Sorry, all right? Do I need to go into a florist run for all of your hours home?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean the Good Books?
Speaker 5: Not since nine since the Velvet Rope album came out? Have you been in the Good Books?
Speaker 2: Maybe she needs more credit On the phone, she doesn't seemed to reply.
Speaker 5: It could be I think producer Bernando's is the only one actually in the Good Book. Are you in trouble too? Nando's here we go. What time did you get home?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I mean the good books.
Speaker 1: I went home at five and she picked me up from the steak watching all of these stories this morning, I'm going to be even the better books, all.
Speaker 5: Like a bragger, happy home.
Speaker 2: She leaves with Clint.
Speaker 5: I went home.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there's a headline. We had. We shared a pizza, didn't we We shared a pizza Hawaiian otherwise known as.
Speaker 5: Today. You guys have a great weekend. We will catch you all on numbers yourself. Thank you, will be It's gonna be a good Jason Lauren, Jason Lauren, wake up feeling good on Nomber one hundred. Jason Lauren only them on Socials