Speaker 1: Apoge production. Okay.
Speaker 2: We have this conversation in the car on the way up talking about how old we are, yes, and we were like, remember all the words we used to say, and we just.
Speaker 1: Started spitbailing all of these old it's spitballing one and started sipballing all these old like lingo words that we used to use as teenagers and just in the early twenties, like the millennials. And then Kia was like, do you know much of the gen z lingo? I was like no, So we looked online and it's actually listed them. So Kiara is going to read out some of the gen Z and we're going to try and guess what they mean. I won't know any I reckon.
Speaker 2: I'm really intrigued.
Speaker 1: So funny, should we talk about our lingo first?
Speaker 2: I think? So, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the first one that I came up with this morning remembered was nahgammin. It basically means like just joking.
Speaker 2: I had one that popped up this Actually Kurt said this to me the other day, which is why it came to me. It's like, remember back in the day when we're younger, when everyone needs to say like she's on a rag and I was like yes, and you're like, what an awful way of just saying it. You're in your period, so do you know why? Because back in the days, that's what they used. They used rags the wood, so everyone called it like it's on her rags.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't remember ever using this, and I didn't have sex to I was seventeen, but I remember the boys in high school used to just use the word root.
Speaker 2: Use it.
Speaker 1: It's awful.
Speaker 2: I remember them being like, was she a good root?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That context, yes, that's the context exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, I had a good root on the weekend. It's like it's so bad.
Speaker 2: Like asking you like did you read him? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So cringe, like where does that come from? The girl? I don't know. I can't even saying this out loud. It's so cringe you real, like some of them were thinking.
Speaker 2: Some of them are just like, no, next one. I still actually use from time to It's great.
Speaker 1: I don't use that anymore, but sometimes Curtle catch out.
Speaker 2: He's like, did you just say grit? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's so great. It means like gross, this next one I've got on our list. You said I didn't really use this too much? Or hot yeah, like that's hot from the Parasiti Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's funny. And this next one I said because I used to say but Kiara still says it all the time. It's adding but at the end of a sentence, so you'd be like, oh, it was really good butt and you but yeah, like you'll put but at the end of the sentence it's really good though, yeah, Whereas but for me, I'm like, but what, like what's next step? And when I say but, I'll be like, but I wasn't actually keen on that or add something on. Did you just say but at the end of your.
Speaker 2: Yes, like oh yeah, it's really good. But so it's like it's like saying it was really good though, like even though you went and did this, like it was still really good.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I used to do it back in the day, but you've kind of kept.
Speaker 2: It yeah yeah, no, yeah, nah, yeah, I still.
Speaker 1: I do so I yeah, I think I do not often, but I do.
Speaker 2: But it's not yeah yeah yah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my gosh, so funny. The next one.
Speaker 2: Is tots tots my goats really goats, yeahats to be there, yes, bang.
Speaker 1: Or I'm so embarrassed to say this, but I still use this.
Speaker 2: With Steve sometimes you do I do.
Speaker 1: I feel good. Bang means sex having sex. This one really used to make me cringe. It's when people call their partners bay oh. I don't like it. It's like bay and boo. But I have used it, but I just don't like it. No, like babe, not baye. I don't think I've.
Speaker 2: Ever used that from I have ever done bay or booh. You haven't nice to be proud of that.
Speaker 1: This is embarrassing. I don't like it. I shouldn't say's embarrassing because everyone likes different things. But for me, it just doesn't.
Speaker 2: Feel No, it doesn't feel like it child.
Speaker 1: It was just sexy. It feels like we.
Speaker 2: Were a child when you used it.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: This next one I used to always use like sus like that's that's that's sas so shortened once again for suspicious. It's like they're being sas.
Speaker 1: This one don't feel like. It's still kind of a round but lit can it stand for? Like that's really cool? But also like I was so lit like drunk. I do not use it both. I thought it was like, yeah he was someone younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone somebody who knows that.
Speaker 1: I didn't fully get into that, but I definitely have used it every now and again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it was the party was lit, Yes, that was really lit. Yeah sorry not sorry, so bitch. Yeah when I was little, this is like really when we were younger teens? Yeah sorry not sorry, sorry not so rude? How mean?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Kiara I said, I still do this all the time. I can't even you do I do? I say that a lot. I can't can't deal Like, oh my gosh, I can't this one.
Speaker 2: I think everyone will know. But just like lol, when you're in a situation like, h lol.
Speaker 1: I know that's cream cream, laugh out loud if you haven't heard it, if you're very.
Speaker 2: Of love, I'm joking love, that's cute. But I just hated to actually say it, like just laugh, yes, it's just laugh if it's that loney, justaugh out loud.
Speaker 1: That was so funny. But to say lol, yeah that's gross.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. I definitely feel like I've been guilty of that, Like huh yeah, okay, this is tbh. Like to be honest, these are like abbreviations like we used to use online and stuff. We're talking about I.
Speaker 1: Still use TBH sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I do every now and then. Next one is shook.
Speaker 1: I still use it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do use that.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked when something happens like shocked once again it's shortened, yes, Yeah. And last but not least is yolo live once Yolo, And it'd be like, I don't know if you wanted to go do something like, oh, should I do it? Yolo? Yes? That was the contest. Why not? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I still say that you only live once a fair bit, but I don't say yolo.
Speaker 1: I said the extended Every now and again, I'll say yolo. Yeah. Yeah, all right, let's move on to the next segment, which is gen Z Lingo. First one is stan. Stan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Stan that you watched movies on I feel like I've heard it in contexts like, oh, yeah, she's a stand. They're a stand, like they're a fan. Maybe that's what I'm guess. That's my guess.
Speaker 1: I thought it was Stan you watch movies on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Take a guess for a lingo.
Speaker 1: I've got no idea what does it mean?
Speaker 2: So oh I was so wrong. So a Stan is originating from the eminem song Stan. This word refers to a super fan. Oh I was right, Yeah, usually of a celebrity.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: So yeah, says like Stan slash fake Stan. So a Stan can also be like a troll in a way. I guess like, oh, they're a stand if they're like coming at you heaps, they're like, so we could use that.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that before in my life. Yeah, honestly never heard that.
Speaker 2: I've just heard it in like people say the word and I've tried to like go.
Speaker 1: Who said that around you?
Speaker 2: Who's Yeah, I've probably heard it on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay. Cap cap like a baseball cap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spelt the same way, cap C a P.
Speaker 1: That's cap. Cool, Yeah, that's cap. Cap.
Speaker 2: I've got no idea that's cap. Like, what's happening, let's have a look. So cap is a lie, Like that's cap. That's a lie? What often used by people to call others out for being dishonest. I would never thought about.
Speaker 1: Saying that that's cap. That's cap.
Speaker 2: Like someone says, why that's cap?
Speaker 1: That does even make sense?
Speaker 2: That doesn't make sense, Like where does that come from? And no cap means the truth? Yeah, there's no cap there.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, that is so stilly right. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Fam capital f A M.
Speaker 1: Like your fan BAM like your family.
Speaker 2: That's what I would guess too, like fan family or does mean family?
Speaker 1: Okay, it makes one makes sense. You've got too, right, I've got one. Okay, bet bet? Yeah, like b T yep. I feel like that means good, Like that's bet. I think of betting like gambling to take a bet.
Speaker 2: So what do you think it is? Guess?
Speaker 1: You take a guess? Oh? Cool, cool, I got that right. Well, remember rest on the car right. I'm like, you're gonna be better at this because I'm five years older than you.
Speaker 2: What's glow up?
Speaker 1: Oh? That means just like she's had a glow up, like she's looking good, looking good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Any makeover so like good new hair cart or something could be like, oh you got to glow blow up. That's exactly what it is. Any makeover or transformation where a personal product went from bad to good. That's what it says bad to you, okay, brutal.
Speaker 1: So someone says to you you've had a glow up. Do you take that as a compliment or do you think, oh god, what did I look like before. Yeah, I know, yeah yeah, buzzin' b us buzzin'.
Speaker 2: Buzzin' b S S iron is so like I'm buzzing.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like buzzing like energy, or it could be like off chops like are they drunk? Yeah, buzzing, but I think like high vibes. Like when I use that, I'm like, I'm buzzing like I'm feeling good.
Speaker 2: But it's b U S S Iron not buzzing. Oh I have no fun.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no idea, no.
Speaker 2: Look, things are the best. Okay, Okay, then think that's what you say.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's different, it's different. Oh I've used this before.
Speaker 2: It's different. It feels different.
Speaker 1: It feels different like if you watch a movie about kids, like now I've Got Kids. It hits differently different.
Speaker 2: This term is used. Yep, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, we're going all right, Okay, shugi what it's c h e U g y shugy.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. It is describe uncle things that are either out of style or trying too hard to be.
Speaker 1: Wow, we're very shugya.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, we are definitely shoogy. What about drip? I have no idea, what context?
Speaker 1: You never heard that? I would guess cool, Like that's drip, that's drip hot, Like, yeah, I look dripped today. It is, I know cool. You guys can see us right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, an unattractive, boring or colorless person. What now, so I mentioned your drip it's actually a good thing. Well what it refers to your look or style, particularly when it's considered extremely fashionable or sexy.
Speaker 1: Also like really alternative like different.
Speaker 2: Fashionable, sexually kind of like a newer version of swag.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that suits it. The word drip, yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 2: I don't really understand how makes sense though.
Speaker 1: That's kind of cool. I take it as like very alternative, like you don't wear the norm like you wear You've got your own fashion style and you're going to mix and match different things, yeah normally, and you'll be a trendsetter, not a trend follower. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How much did that bring back the feels so swag swag? Yeah, it's cool like swag main character.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we use this like main character energy. Yeah, Like it's about you, like you own it. You're confident, like you're shining. So it says I love being main character energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just people reenacting popular scenes as the main character are making their life be Like, so what it says on there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it's when you're like fully owning your life. You're confident, you're shining, you like don't care other people think you're a main character.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my gosh, this one's come up. But this was definitely an ol okay. Phase two vibing vibing, vibing, we'd be vibing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't say that. I say more of the word vibe.
Speaker 2: I do as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a vibe.
Speaker 2: It's a vibe, a hundred vibe.
Speaker 1: We always say ReVibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah always.
Speaker 1: People comment on our videos too and say you to a vibe, Yes, yeah we are. I don't say like vibing vibing.
Speaker 2: What about clap back?
Speaker 1: Oh I have heard this.
Speaker 2: Like saying something back to someone, Like somebody says something to you mean like clap back, Like, no, that's not right. That's what clap back a response to being called out, confronted, or insulted, getting back at someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've clapped back. They've given something back that shuts someone down. It's like, oh, they've clapped back. And the other person can't come back at you. Yeah, a good clap back is good.
Speaker 2: Well,