Speaker 1: Skying new Center. This is Paul Murray Live.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: I'm Dadikidi Giorgio filling in tonight the great Man Paul Murray. We've got a huge show ahead. The Prime Minister becomes increasingly angry and combative. He really has his grumpy pants on. I'll tell you why in a moment. We've got a common sense of steroids. Panels standing by Pauline Hansen, Gary Hardgrave and James McGrath.
Speaker 2: How's that for a lineup?
Speaker 3: And we'll go live to the UK to catch up with Nigel Farage.
Speaker 2: I'll ask him about a new poll revealing.
Speaker 3: He is more popular than other political leaders. But first tonight, you know we are about to enter an election campaign when the Prime Minister dotts his cricket outfit for the cameras. There he is all suited up in white, posing alongside Olympic breakdancer Rachel ray gun Gun remember her all for an annual backyard charity cricket match at Kirabilly House. Once again there's Albo with his dog, moonlighting as the everyday man. And you know the campaign is imminent when Albo starts peddling out tragic lines and slogans like this one.
Speaker 4: There is no opposition health policy. They just said on Saturday in something that it was sincere as a fake Tan said that he'd match it well a little fade away, just like a fake tan does.
Speaker 3: Jeez, it makes a lot of sense, doesn't it. And for the record, there is nothing wrong with fake Tan. But the bizarre optics have started and we aren't even in campaign propaet. If this is Labour's new strategy of Kamala Harris esque word vomit and jargon, it's going to make for an exhaustive campaign. And it seems as though this is not the only strategy being adopted by Labor, because it's become increasingly obvious. When the Prime Minister has had enough of serious and important questions by reporters, the strategy is to snap and avoid. He seems to be only comfortable and at ease when he is talking about Peter Dutton.
Speaker 2: Now as we know, the polls.
Speaker 3: Are bad for Albo and as he and his policies get more desperate, he gets more angry. The Prime Minister was today spreaking his eight point five billion dollar Medicare pledge, pretending like Dutton has not pledged the exact same policy and was asked a genuine question who's paying for it?
Speaker 2: But ALBO doesn't want a bar of it.
Speaker 4: The economists are saying that this pre election spending is going to have to pay for be paid for by taxpayers paying in the form of bracket creep. What this is is an investment.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure we.
Speaker 1: Have an answer on bracket creeper.
Speaker 2: He is bracket creeper problem that you'll see to.
Speaker 6: Address through more become tax cutsk in the next term Australians with.
Speaker 4: Respect. Paul, I did answer the question. Mightn't be the one that you like, but I did answer the question.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not whether the reporter likes the answer or not. It's that important question for us the public to get clarity on who is paying and how. And this is important because, according to the Australian Financial Review, ALBO has overseen the biggest spending increase for a first term government since Goff Whitlam in the nineteen seventies. Labor has made more than one hundred and twenty billion dollars worth of discretionary spending decisions from its three budgets, and there are billions more in yet to be accounted for election promises like the increase in bulk billing.
Speaker 2: In fact, economist Chris Richardson.
Speaker 3: Has warned there's only one real possibility to pay for it, and that's through higher income taxes and bracket creep. So there's certainly nothing free about Albo's free GP visits. He's on a spending bonanza with our money, and the contempt he shows when he snaps at the very question of it tells you everything you need to know about this Prime Minister. He will do and say anything to win, but not when he's.
Speaker 2: Asked about it.
Speaker 3: Then, of course, at the weekend, three Chinese warships took part in live fire drills off the East coast. This is serious because we're talking about lives at stake, as passenger jets were re rooted.
Speaker 2: And again, guess what, Albo didn't want a bar of it.
Speaker 6: He needs to be looking at some sort of a punishment for China, like trade restrictions or anything like that.
Speaker 4: You do know that most of the trade goes from here to there, not the la around. And I've worked pretty hard.
Speaker 1: That's this escallation from China.
Speaker 7: Warrantay Shongo Defense response from Australia Prime Minister.
Speaker 4: Well, I've answered the respect I have answered the questions.
Speaker 3: Seriously, Prime Minister China, he's at our doorstep in a provocative manner, threatening our sovereignty, and you've apparently had enough talking about it. Beijing would lap it up because his silence is what China wants from Australia's handsome boy. And it happened again last week when he was asked about the timing of the election.
Speaker 2: Bout around in the election, they might coincide's so boring. It's so boring, the question, the questions.
Speaker 1: That no get around.
Speaker 4: It's fantastic, just one of the initiatives, what's boring, has questions about election timing and because she asked it, I've been asked it for a year.
Speaker 2: Doesn't want to know about that either.
Speaker 3: And on his quasi New Year election campaign it happened again.
Speaker 1: That's not our slogan.
Speaker 8: Good try.
Speaker 3: Is there a one word slogan, one sentence slogan, good use?
Speaker 4: I mean we're using We've done this with backdrops, We've done with media releases. I'm not sure which LMP member has sent you that question to ask, but they should pay attention. And you should be cautious about just reading out things that are sent from the LMP.
Speaker 7: It's time for you to concede that your pledge to reduce electricity crisis by two hundred and seventy five dollars by this year, for whatever reasons, that's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: Is that fair?
Speaker 4: Well, one of the things that we did, of course, was I have three hundred dollars energy bill relief.
Speaker 7: That's not my question in fair that was a coalition with the two hundred and seventy five dollars.
Speaker 5: I know that.
Speaker 2: But you get to do the questions.
Speaker 4: I get to do the answers.
Speaker 2: That's all I'll work now.
Speaker 3: The Prime Minister just doesn't want to talk about what matters. Does he cost of living electricity, keeping the lights on in this country, paying.
Speaker 2: For your bills?
Speaker 3: And what's abundantly clear is a failure to communicate because unless he knows about a subject or doesn't want to talk about it, the more he gets angry. And compare this to what he talking about. Peter Dutton.
Speaker 4: Peter Dutton, when he was Health Minister, ripped fifty billion dollars out of the hospital system. Peter Dutton, who has never supported very clearly on his own record supported free healthcare. Peter Dutton can't be trusted. Peter Dutton slashing and cuts, that's a matter for Peter Dutton.
Speaker 3: Peter Dutton is the Prime Minister's security blanket. It is the only topic he's comfortable with. Yet, what we need is a prime minister who fronts up, who doesn't shrivel at the thought of being asked important questions, who stands up for our values, who has a real plan to take this country forward. What does this Prime minister stand for, because honestly, the lack of leadership suggests he doesn't even know the answer to that himself. Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke, who I've got to say, is having his very own oprah winfree moment where everyone gets a citizenship. Yes, you get a citizenship, and you get a citizenship. Anyone can apparently come into this country. I mean, we've got record high migration as it is, but we will give you a citizenship.
Speaker 2: In exchange for your vote.
Speaker 3: That's how it appears to work under Labor, and Burke really thinks we're all mugs, as if we don't realize what Labor is doing here, weaponizing citizenship, guaranteeing all these new citizens twelve five hundred at that will be eligible to cast their vote on election day in what could be an attempt to win over marginal seats. And now, thanks to some great reporting by James O'Doherty in the Daily Telegraph, we now know many of those who gained citizenship at the weekend alone, there were four thousand, five hundred of them live in battleground seats that could decide the election.
Speaker 2: Have a look at this.
Speaker 3: Of those, nine hundred and seventy live in the Paramatta local government area. The electorates covered there include the marginal Labour seats of Paramatta held with a margin of three point seven percent, as well as Read held on a margin of five point two percent. And then the next highest number of citizens came from Liverpool, mainly covering the Labor electorates of Werrower held on a margin of five point three percent and Fowler held by Independent Diale on a margin of just one point four percent. About two hundred and ninety new citizens came in Ride, which is entirely within the ultra marginal seat of Benelong held by Labor. In fact, that's where Labor was today now with the exception of Fowler, these seats are expected to come down to the wire the Home Affairs Secretary. He said that all new citizens met the requirement for citizenship, including four years living in Australia and one year as a permanent resident. But it appears that Tony Burke and Labor are banking on the fact that these migrants.
Speaker 2: Will reward Labor with their vote in marginal.
Speaker 3: Seats forgiving them their citizenship, despite his assurances on Sky News on Friday that that was not the case.
Speaker 7: This is a good opportunity. I had no idea which way these individuals are going to vote. You know, I don't know if you know which way they're going to vote. They're people who want to make a pledgure commitment to Australia.
Speaker 3: Oh please, six thousand citizenships over three days. It's a buying votes exercise. That's exactly what it looks like. You need citizenship to vote, and you need it at least a week before an election to cast it, so Labor can spare us. This was all about efficiency nonsense, But probably the most telling information came from Home Affairs Secretary Stephanie Foster at Senate estimates were.
Speaker 6: There in fact document holders from Palestine who had granted citizenship at these ceremonies.
Speaker 9: This person reports there were, Yes, there were, Senator. All conferees met the requirements, which includes four years in Australia and one year as a permanent resident.
Speaker 6: How many Palestinian conferees there are as part of this.
Speaker 10: Process, Senator, there's twenty three, twenty three who've been invited.
Speaker 9: Senator.
Speaker 3: Now, let's not forget Burke's seat is in Muslim vote territory in Western Sydney. Labour is already under pressure from Muslim votes in that area. We know hence why it's sold out our values for votes in the ongoing anti Semitism crisis. Labour needs every vote from Western Sydney it can get, but at what cost, especially at a time when people are worried about immigration. More than one point one million people have come into this country under Labor and nobody ever voted for a big Australia. Yet here we are, and there are some people who have come here who hate our values, some hate Australia, and some have no interest in assimilating. And you can't tell me this is not about votes, but a whole troop of labor MPs were present at the mass citizenship bonanza, Yet The Daily Telegraph reports a Liberal senator, who was required to be invited under citizenship ceremony rules, was only told of the event two days beforehand, nine days after mayors were notified. While Tony Burke, on the other hand, instructed his staff to schedule his calendar around photo opportunities with new citizens.
Speaker 6: Is it necessary for him to attend them for them to.
Speaker 9: Occur, No, Senator, but it's not uncommon.
Speaker 6: Right, so why should it dependent on his availability?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 6: If this is about clearing the backlog, what's the relevance of his availability?
Speaker 9: So, Senat, that's a question I think for Minister.
Speaker 6: No, it's a question for you, because you agreed with the minister. With the minister's limited availability for this schedule, the.
Speaker 9: Minister asked us to share your ceremonies. He gave us a window of availability and we scheduleselves.
Speaker 6: So he directed you to hold these ceremonies when he was available to attend them.
Speaker 2: The game is up, Burke. We know what you are doing.
Speaker 3: And if you really want to talk about efficiency, how about start canceling visas of people who should not even be allowed in this country. But I guess that won't get you the votes where you need them the most. Let's get into it now. Joining me is our common sense on steroids panel. That's what we're calling it tonight. One Nation leader Pauline Hanson, HELLNP Senator James McGrath and Sky and News contributor Gary Hardgrave. Great to have the three of you on. Thank you so much for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 2: It's good to see you. Now.
Speaker 3: Look we've got to start with Lydia Thope because.
Speaker 2: She's at it again.
Speaker 3: In a closed door talk at a so called anti racism symposium put together by Queensland University of Technology, the now independent senator urged Indigenous Australians to plant the Aboriginal flag on land and make white people pay to visit why to assert sovereignty apparently over the nation. She said, quote, we have to organize and strategize and take over our land like they did. We need to start putting our own flags into our own land and.
Speaker 2: F the colony.
Speaker 3: Pauline Hanson f the colony, she said, what do you make of this latest identity politics intervention?
Speaker 11: She hasn't changed a tune, has she she's an activist on the floor of Parliament and actually in the last sitting of Parliament she turned and she said to me, she said, you be paying rent soon. Pauline. Oh, that's what she says to me all the time. Go back where you came from. You know, your stole land, you're paying rent. Honestly, I'm so over her. She's if she's not doing the cause any good whatsoever with her activism. She goes to the Queensland University, comes up here and she actually calls problems at these universities. She's trying to get the young ones, well Brian Wash through her educational system then at universities, and that's what she's trying to do. Hopefully, this is the last three years that she'll have in Parliament and she won't get voted in again. At the next election. She'd be an independent and I'll be pleased to see the back end of her.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, if if any of us said the same thing to her, Pauline Hanson, we would all be in trouble. I mean, we wouldn't hear the end of it. But of course no, it's all right. When she says something like that to you, it's just extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Gary.
Speaker 3: How is it ever appropriate to have race betas like this representing our country?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 12: But people are entitled to a view and she's entitled to hers, and it's self evident to most people.
Speaker 1: I ran a poll.
Speaker 12: I'm hosting the before We See Drive program here in Brisbane these days, and we ran a pole on the question of which members of Parliament would you like to mute? And she just went through the roof. She won the mute the member pole hands down. Let me tell you, people wanted to shut up.
Speaker 1: And go away.
Speaker 8: And look, you know, but when you're you know, enemy.
Speaker 12: Is digging themselves into a deeper hole in them keep digging, I say, but look, it's pretty self evident. How stupid it is. There is a flag for the Aboriginal people. It's the same flag for all Australians. It's the one Australian flag. I don't know why we need to actually have much of a debate. The only flag that needs to fly is the Australian national flag. It's been a beautiful flag that was designed a long time ago by a competition back you know, right at the beginning of Australia nineteen hundred and one.
Speaker 1: I don't get.
Speaker 12: I just don't get what the point of her point is because I don't believe it's traditional for Aboriginal flags to actually exists an e. Look, I'm more more annoyed about the Qut people who continue to try and dabble in this space and everything just keeps blowing up on them. We shouldn't be funding these universities. I think it's about time we actually defunded some of these universities which are turning into activists, people who just simply want to get this kind of rubbish out there on the streets. I don't think there's any instruction and this this is about indoctrination. Well, the funding to the universities for a year, I'm not impressed.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: We have seen absolute poor performance from universities across this country since October seven, twenty twenty three, and this is one prime examply when they're giving voices to people like this, it is absolutely unacceptable. Look, let's move on to Welcome to Country. Because the Northern Territory is Chief Minister, I've got to give it to her. Lea Fanochiaro. She deserves a medal for being brave and standing up against these welcome to country culture wars. Let me walk you through what's actually happened at last week's bombing of Darwin anniversary ceremony. There was no shortage of wealthlcome to countries, but the Chief Minister, however, she chose not to do one.
Speaker 2: Have a look at this.
Speaker 13: I'd like to pay special acknowledgment to the veterans here today, to territorians, to serving men and women, to the families and descendants of survivors, ladies and gentlemen, but also importantly to our children.
Speaker 3: Now she's copped a lot of criticism and instead of recoiling, she's actually doubled down. I've got to say, at last, a leader who's not afraid to pander to this garbage which is constantly all the time shoved down our throats.
Speaker 2: Senator James McGrath, did she do the right thing here?
Speaker 14: She so did the right thing. Leah is a friend of mine. I've known her since twenty twelve when I was campaign director up in the Northern Territory when the colp won and Leah ran for the first time. Leah is a born and bred Territorian. She will stand up for all territorians and fight for all territorians, regardless of their color, whether they've been here since the dream time or there a new arrival into Australia. And what she said at the commemoration of the bombing of Darwin, to acknowledge the veterans, to acknowledge the families, to acknowledge the children, it was a colorblind acknowledgment. She wanted to unite the territory and not divide the territory. We need more politicians like Lea. Just compare her to say Albanesi and look at the difference between Albanesi and Dutton. We need more Duttons, we need more LEAs, we need fewer Albanesis, and we need fewer of the winging, whining, woke brigade who do a lot of talking but don't do any delivering. She'll leave the Northern Territory a better place when she leaves politics. The same cannot be said for the Labor Party who rented into the ground.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and it's about being strong and pushing back and not being fearful of pushing back. This is what Leafanochiara said this morning when responding to that criticism.
Speaker 15: Have a listen, We had a Welcome to Country by James Parfitt, and I just don't think every speaker needs to do it. The feedback I get from the community and acknowledgments of country is that territories and this is literally their words, Lara. They feel like it's been rammed down their throat under Labor. So I think it's it's very fair to have a welcome to country and they absolutely have their place, but we've just been indoctrinated by a Labor government over eight years who have shamed people into feeling like they have to do something that lacks genuine, genuine nature and is tokenistic.
Speaker 3: Pauline Hanson, I know that you have been very vocal when it comes to welcome to countries. You must be relieved to finally see a leader not caving in.
Speaker 2: She's my kind of woman.
Speaker 11: I love her. I think she's parliament.
Speaker 2: I turn my back on it.
Speaker 11: In Parliament. I'm the only one where's everyone else? So you know you need James, you need more. Pauline Hansen's on the floor of Parliament. That's what you need. It stood and she has not backed down from it, and it is and I hear all the time from people they're second tired of having ram down their throats. No Aboriginal has more right to this country than I do. I was born here and I'm fed up with it. And corporations in councils everywhere, even on everywhere that you go. It's welcome the country. When you're in a bloody plane, every time you land, welcome the country.
Speaker 2: I just like screaming.
Speaker 11: I thought, no, I better not say anything, otherwise they won't let me on the plane again. I do know when to keep quiet.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, we all, let's be honest, we all are very polite when it comes to this matter. But I was at the Sky News Anti Semitism summit last week, a wonderful event put on by Sharry Marsin and Alex Ripton, And when Mark Drayfus took the stage at a synagogue, the first thing he does is an acknowledgment to country.
Speaker 2: The timing was just shocking.
Speaker 3: But there was an audible groan throughout the entire synagogue. Gary Hardgrave because firstly the time and place was just shocking, But secondly, how much longer can we sit there and be polite?
Speaker 12: And full points to the lea Fanoccuiro look let's face it, that is really where people are at. If you want to do that and acknowledge the various people in the crowds, fine, particularly if there's a representative, a leader of a local community to be the leader of this community, that community, the.
Speaker 1: Aboriginal community, whatever.
Speaker 12: But the idea I've been to seminars and meetings where the agenda runs for an hour and twenty five minutes of it is welcome the country. Because by the time you hire somebody in, whether they're going to have a bit of smoke or something else, some people do some really nice ones, like they say, look, we're all Australians together. I had somebody do that outside City Hall, Brisbane a year or so ago. I think he was a descendant of part of the Nevill Bonner family and he said, you know, let me tell you the story, and major feel welcome, like you learned a little.
Speaker 8: Bit of knowledge.
Speaker 12: But the token istic thing where they acknowledge elder's past, present emerging and whatever whatever it is, just has lacked sincerity. It lacks any real gravitas as a result, And let me tell you, getting off those planes, as Senator Hanson has suggested, you hear you think it's the.
Speaker 1: Engine still running.
Speaker 12: The grown is so loud from people, and frankly Quantas and others who do this need to stop this. I saw somebody came off a Cata flight from the Middle East and they said, what was great about landing in Melbourne on the Catter flight? Was they actually, that's not Bob Catter, that's Kata the country. They didn't acknowledge country when they laved it. They found it really pleasant.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you know, for once, maybe we need to go take these international flights because I've sick to death of going an hour in Melbourne. Welcome to your country. I've been here the whole time for goodness sake.
Speaker 2: Now look still on the culture.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, vandals have targeted a Captain Cook statue in Fitzroy Gardens, allegedly attempting to cut off the statue's head.
Speaker 2: You know, here we go again. We see this time and time again.
Speaker 3: The nearby cottage was defaced with anti Cook comments, the statue copping some apparent damage to the neck. You know, James McGrath, this is symptomatic of the left's sustained push to demonize our history.
Speaker 2: And what more do we expect?
Speaker 14: Yea, the left hate nordern Australia. The left hate everything that's happened in Australia since seventeen eighty eight and since nineteen hundred and one, that they think it is all all bad. My view is we've got a great country. Yeah, we've got some our history sometimes could have been a bit better, but you go around the world and it's a pretty ugly place out there.
Speaker 8: At times.
Speaker 14: Australia is a fantastic country. But the left, they hate it. And what happens is when the left are in power. You look at Victoria with the socialist left running that state. You look here in Canberra where you've got a socialist left prime minister. Is that actually also soft on crime? So you have two things come together, a hatred of modern Australia and being soft on crime, and so no wonder you've got vandals and criminals getting away with attacking our history, attacking.
Speaker 8: Who we are.
Speaker 14: Because Captain Cook, he was one of the world's most brilliant navigators.
Speaker 8: This he discovered Australia.
Speaker 14: He gets a gold medal for that, but in terms of his navigational skills, he gets two gold medals for that. Because he was such a fantastic sailor, and he came from such a humble background, which he is, someone who actually was the Australian dream before the concept of Australia came into being. So we should defend him, defend his statue and defend our history.
Speaker 3: Well, we cannot erase history. I mean, that's the reality. And we're sick to death of the Left. And every time it's Captain Cook, it's Captain Cook. Enough already, it's just out of control. Now that we've got to talk about Albo. I mentioned this earlier in mytorial, but this has got to be a new low when it comes to.
Speaker 2: Campaign attack lines. If this is what.
Speaker 3: Albo is offering up now, it's going to be a very long and exhaustive election campaign.
Speaker 2: I'll just remind you of those comments. Here we go.
Speaker 4: There is no opposition health policy. They just said on Saturday in something that it was sincere as a fake Tan said that he'd match it well a little fade away, just like a fake Tan does.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's wrong with a fake Tan now.
Speaker 3: Pauline Hanson, who is advising Anthony Albanezi here, because I've got to say that was an absolute shocker.
Speaker 11: It's been a shock of the whole way through. And when he became Prime Minister, I did a trip with him over to India. I was actually disgusted with his ability to actually lead the parliamentary delegation over there and talk to leaders. And when he got elected they asked me, I said, nice bloke, no leader, And I've been right and what I said, he just doesn't have the qualities to understand how the people are feeling and how to lead. All he's ever done right through his whole term is to blame the Coalition for everything he's had three years. Even up to the last week in parliament last year or this year, I should say, they're still blaming the Coalition for problems that they're having instead of getting on with the job taking responsibility for his own actions and what he's put through in legislation. They can't even get the legislation right. They put it on the floor of Parliament and before it's even passed, they're putting up amendments to their own legislation. Everything's been band aidd all the time. The most incompetent government, the worst ministers I've ever seen in a parliament, and Anthony ALBERIZI is he doesn't know how to deal with the costs of living and the Medicare is a sham. And I looked at these figure Stanika, he's actually spending around about three hundred and sixty billion dollars more. That's not even the promises that he's come out in the selection campaign. So it's put this whole country into about a debt of another four hundred plus billion dollars.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is frightening. And this is a thing because he's being asked about it at these press conferences. How are you funding all of these promises? He's snapping at reporters, He's getting angry about it. Reality is is it's you and I who are going to be paying for it. He's just not being upfront. And I've got to say, just on that point there, and Gary one ask you about this. Why is Anthony Arberinez he so obsessed with Peter Dutton And I said this earlier because he only seems to be at ease when he's talking about Dunton. The rest of the time, there is such an acute failure to communicate.
Speaker 12: Yeah, look, Deniga, let me just walk this through very slowly. Anthony was born and raised in public housing. You may not have heard that, and.
Speaker 16: He carries it, carries with him the awful reality that while he's accumulated a great deal of a property portfolio, he's actually now living rent free in public housing.
Speaker 12: Again, two nice houses, one with a really terrific view, and Peter Dutton is living rent free in his mind. And this obsession with attacking Peter Dutton just shows you that Peter is kind of framing the narrative and has been, frankly, for most of this Prime Minister's term. Peter Dutton's been the one that's been leading the debate on energy. The fact is that Anthony Alberanezi's government has presided over one of the greatest drops in the quality of living, and the cost of living increases.
Speaker 8: That's impacting every Australian.
Speaker 12: You've got bulk building problems simply because doctors, like all the rest of us, can't afford the increase in insurance, the increase in electricity. There's small businesses. Doctors, gps are small businesses and that's why medicares amount of money doesn't cover things, and they've got to find a way to keep the doors open for their patients.
Speaker 8: This bloke has absolutely no idea.
Speaker 12: About the way that people are meeting the cost of living in is in the supermarket and the Reserve Band goes off the ABS statistics and said, oh, you know, inflation is sitting in the zone about three percent.
Speaker 2: But Denika, things are going up much.
Speaker 1: More than that.
Speaker 12: Building, building items, items that go into construction, Jip Rock and Villeport all going up about eight percent in coming days. I mean, he's got no idea because he hasn't had to worry about it ever in his life.
Speaker 1: He's never had to worry about this.
Speaker 2: No, he's got all.
Speaker 3: I mean, he grew up in public housing just in case, as he said, just in case we didn't know now, just just before we had to a break. I mean today he lined up with breakdancer Ray garn He joined the Breakdancer for an annual cricket charity match.
Speaker 2: To James McGrath.
Speaker 3: I've got to say both have the same level of skill, would you agree?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think so.
Speaker 14: She could probably do a better job as being prime minister though, because he's a pretty average prime minister. Look, it was great they're raising money for charity, but isn't it sad that the charity had to raise money because Labor had cut mental health funding by five hundred million dollars.
Speaker 8: That's funding we're going to restore us. Great.
Speaker 14: This this, this is a prime minister who wants to politicize everything. To Gary's point before that prime Minister is obsessed by by Peter Dutton. So is the Labor Party. They are going to make Peter Dutton the central point of the next camp, of the next election campaign. And I say bring it on because the more people see if Peter Dutton, they like him, and the more they see of Anthony Alberanizi they less they like him.
Speaker 2: Yeah bye, It's.
Speaker 8: Going to be an ugly campaign. Actually right, but that's what Labour all about.
Speaker 3: Well that's what the polls show, that's for sure. Stay with us panel. We're going to take a quick break.
Speaker 2: Coming up.
Speaker 3: The absolutely ridiculous way Australian aviation authorities worked out that Chinese warships were undertaking live fire drills off our nation's east coast, and Trump takes the idea of a firm handshake to pretty insane levels.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere. Well, welcome back to Paul Murray Live.
Speaker 3: I'm Daniiciti Giorgio filling in for the Man this evening. Let's get back into it with our Common Sense on Steroids panel tonight with Pauline Hanson, Gary Hardgrave and Jason mcgar Actually really like that and I'm going to use.
Speaker 2: That one from now on.
Speaker 3: But look, I want to talk about election splashing cash. We mentioned this earlier, but we've got some new figures today. John Keyo in the Australian Financial Review he had a fantastic piece exposing how Albo really is spending like a drunken sailor. According to Keoh, it's been the biggest spending increase for a first term government since Gough Whitlam in the seventies.
Speaker 2: And of course, what does this mean higher taxes?
Speaker 3: Pauline Hanson, you know you mentioned this beforehand, but the AFR said that Labor has made some one hundred and twenty three billion dollars in discretionary spending decisions. And this is all under Albo's watch. Where is he getting this money from.
Speaker 11: Well, he's putting it on the tab and Taxpan is going to pay for it. So putting out selling bonds and it's basically a way of printing money. They sell the bonds and then they have to pay the money back. It's estimated at the moment by next year will be paying about fifty billion a year in interest alone paying back our debt. They've hit about a trillion dollars at the moment, all these promises and increase it. The only way you can do it is you have to increase productivity, which we haven't and we're per capita in a recession. So the only other way they can do it is they have to cut their spending, or they have to increase taxes. And this is what I said all the time. It will probably end up being on the table to increase the GSD, which I totally oppose, or they're going to have to find other ways of increasing taxes on people. We are one of the highest tax countries in the world, and we cannot afford to do that, So we have to cut government spending. I agree with the coalition cut public servants that are in there. We're too many public servants and what they get paid compared to the counterparts in America is atrocious. It is discussing the amount of money these public servants are on is way over the top. So a lot of cuts can be done and get rid of some of these departments. I rather see cutting government spending before we tax people more.
Speaker 2: I completely agree. And Gary what it feels like.
Speaker 3: You know Albo will say, oh, look free GP appointments, it's all free. Well, it's actually robbing Peter to pay paul is it not.
Speaker 12: Well, it's actually robbing Peter's grandchildren and possibly great grandchildren Danika and Pauline. Hanson is right cutting the public sector, though, it's got to start.
Speaker 1: At the top.
Speaker 12: We have what I have been terming million dollar mandarins, the heads of departments basically on a million dollars in a couple of cases and the best part of a million dollars in too many others. Hundreds of them around the country paid much much more than the ministers. The ministers are responsible to the Parliament. They are accountable to the parliament and through the Parliament to the people. But the public servants they look at the ministers, and when I was a minister, I saw exactly the same thing. Oh, come back when you're you know, at that stage, you know, when you're on six hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I'll treat your kind.
Speaker 12: I mean, they get paid much more than their ministers, and I would.
Speaker 1: Actually cut them.
Speaker 12: I would actually put people who are say small business focused, people who are everyday Australians who actually understand the real struggle that's going on for every day Australian small and family business owners would actually be better at running some of these departments than the million dollar mandarins. And if we start there, I think that'd be a good starting point. And Pauline again is right about there's some departments that are multiplications, duplications left in a ditch, multiplications of state state bodies and so Donika, we're wasting a lot of money on stuff. The fact that we've got so many people involved in the public sector in this country in the middle of them on the front line are terrific, but absolutely the rest of them, they're just wasting our money totally.
Speaker 3: We need the doge like where we've got in the US at the moment with Elon Musk So we need dog here now.
Speaker 2: Look, I want to talk about anti Semitism.
Speaker 3: Last night the Prime Minister was put on the spot by a Jewish mother on the ABC.
Speaker 2: Have a look at this.
Speaker 18: You have to understand we're a broken community now, we are hurting you're our prime minister, you're our leader. There was hate speech at Lukember nothing was done. The hate steecher happened on before after October seventh at the Sydney Opera House. Nothing was done. We've suffered because nothing was done. If you had have done something.
Speaker 2: Then it got.
Speaker 4: The Sunday morning after the October seven terrorist attacks, we unequivocally condemned them. On the Monday, which was the next day before the Opera House, I did media. I called for that activity to not go ahead.
Speaker 3: James McGrath, it's all about condemnation with that olbow, but it's all words. As we know, there's no real action and the tolerance has worn thin. I mean you could hear the emotion in that mother's voice.
Speaker 14: Jewishstans have never felt so unsafe in our country, and it is because the Prime Minister, Albanezi is a weak prime minister. The Prime Minister, the main job of the Prime Minister is to keep Australian safe and it is a blot on him, and it's actually a blot on all of Australia that our fellow Jewish citizens do not feel safe in this country. And the responsibility must stay with the Prime Minister that he's not going to do anything about it because he's just all talk. Remember this is the Prime Minister on the day of when the synagogue was attacked in Melbourne that he went and played tennis over in Perth. This is a prime minister who will not tell us when he was told by the security services of when he was briefed as to the caravan incident in Jiral. We spent most of yesterday in estimates asking Peter Wong, who was an apologist for the Prime Minister, as to when he was told because she was representing him, she refused to answer that question. So if the Prime Minister cannot ask, he answer a question as to when he was told about a possible mass hair incident.
Speaker 8: For what's the good of him?
Speaker 14: He's not keeping Jewish citizens, say, what is the good of this prime minister?
Speaker 8: Nothing? He's just all talk. Here's a bucket of hot air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is the point of this Prime Minister?
Speaker 3: And you know, you just feel for Jewish Australians in this country right now? And as I said, you could hear the emotion in her voice. Now, look, let's talk about the Chinese ships, because today we found out the surprising way Australian aviation authorities actually worked out that these warships were undertaking live fire drills off the East coast. A Virgin pilot, Yep, you heard that right, A Virgin pilot told air traffic control about the live drills. Forty nine flights, at least two were commercial, had to be diverted because of this. Pauline Hansen, we're almost out of time. But for goodness sake, I mean, that's just extraordinary, is it not.
Speaker 11: Well, they don't pick up their waves and the only one that did pick up their waves to actually pick up the message were the I think it was Virgin pilots that actually picked up and transferred it on the message on. It's pretty pathetic, isn't it that you have to have private airline company that actually picks up the Chinese warships there. So I think it's pretty pathetic. I think it needs a full investigation into it why it's come to that in Australia.
Speaker 3: I completely agree with you. It's just baffling, but nothing to see here, says Albo. As usual, Pauline Hanson, James mcguard, Gary Hardgrave has been wonderful to chat with you.
Speaker 2: All tonight. Thank you so much for your time here on the show. Well stay with us.
Speaker 3: Coming up after the break, Nigel Faraje joins us from the UK as a bombshell poll shows his view more positively than other political leaders. Don't go anywhere, Welcome back to the program. Joining me now from London is Reform UK leader Nigel Farage. Nigel, really good to catch up with you. Thank you so much for joining us on the show this evening. Let's start with a new IPSOS poll which reveals that more people are favorable to you than other UK political leaders. While Kia Starma's popularity has dropped, you are the only leader making gains. Nigel, I imagine you must be pretty encouraged by that.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you.
Speaker 17: I think what the poll shows is how badly the other two are doing compared to me. You know, you know, call that English understatement if you like. But no, I tell you what's going on. I tell you what's going on. We are getting poorer. Gross domestic product per capita is going down quarter after quarter after quarter. Our bills are going up as a result of net zero policies.
Speaker 1: Our society is in decline.
Speaker 17: You know, you can shoplift now in this country, unless you nick more than two hundred quidsworth, the police won't even prosecute you. So we're going down madrain. And what I'm saying is, do you know what, with the right leadership, with guts and courage, we can turn this around. And with the others, it just they look so miserable, they look so negative. It's like they're prepared to accept decline. I'm not, and I think that's what the numbers really are telling us.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and they just look so weak, and it's so refreshing. I'm going to save and here from Australia to see a leader like yourself who's actually willing to have the courage to stand up for the UK and to stand up for British values. So there's no doubt that that poll's correct. Now, speaking of Donald Trump used his keynote speech at Sea Pac to endorse you.
Speaker 2: Let's play a bit of what he said, the leader.
Speaker 5: Of the UK Reform Party, who by the way, did really well in that last election. I've been his friend for a long time and I wasn't sure am I supposed to be his friend or not?
Speaker 8: But it never mattered to me if he did well or not.
Speaker 5: I always liked him, but it's easier to like him when he got the kind of OZI gud.
Speaker 1: He really took.
Speaker 5: He took it by storm, and they say he's going to do even better at this time. Nigel Farage, where is Nigel?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Nigel, thank you?
Speaker 2: What a great guy, Nigel.
Speaker 3: I've got to say the left must be an absolute meltdown, Ny hearing that from Donald Trump. Now, look, I know that you and Donald Trump are quite close, but I mean, how does it feel for you to get an endorsement like that on the world stage.
Speaker 17: Well, obviously delighted, And yes I have been a friend of his for a long time, and you know I stand up for him and he stands up for me, and that's the way friendship works. Doesn't mean we always agree on everything, but we're friends. What was very interesting about the timing of this is that Keir Starmer, our minister, is going to the White House on Thursday, So in diplomatic terms.
Speaker 1: What Trump did was pretty extraordinary.
Speaker 17: Yeah, noous, delicious.
Speaker 2: Really absolutely. I mean I'd love to be on a fly on the wall, wouldn't you?
Speaker 3: At a meeting between Kiyo Starmer and Donald Trump. I mean, I can't imagine it's going to be very stimulating to be in.
Speaker 2: A room with Kir Starmer, but I will find out more.
Speaker 3: Now, Look, what is pretty clear I've got to say, Nigel, is that you are living rent free in the mind of Kiir Starmer at the moment you think you'd have bigger priorities to worry about, I mean, our legal immigration crime, the list goes on instead, he seems to have quite an obsessive interest in You have a listen to this.
Speaker 19: Do you want to know what Farge and Reform are doing on their rare visits to Parliament. They're voting against our employment rights and what of our the NHS. They want to charge people to use r NHS. They claim to be the party of patriotism, but they're falling over pootin though they are not the answer for working people in Britain.
Speaker 3: Nigel, why can't Kiyosama stop talking about Reform UK.
Speaker 1: Because they're terrified.
Speaker 17: That's why they're absolutely scared out of their wits, because they know that working class communities are seeing manufacturing being closed down, their domestic bills going up. Open door immigration on a scale of this country has never witnessed before, and illegal migrants still crossing my channel in boats, and all the promises that Starma made just eight months ago. Everything is turning to dust. And his voters, his traditional voters he fears are going to come to us on ma yes, and that he'll have a catastrophe at the next election. So yeah, we are deep inside his mind. What is interesting is he barely mentions the leader of the one hundred and ninety four year old Conservative Party can be Badeenock. So what is clear is reform is now the opposition Starman knows it, and he's very frightened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, that's very clear. And Nigel, you mentioned they're illegal immigration. I noticed that you made a speech earlier in Cornwall. You're vowing to deport migrants who arrived by dinghy. Why is this such an important policy for you?
Speaker 1: Because it's so unfair.
Speaker 17: It's unfair on taxpayers that young men who throw their documents into the English Channel when they get to our twelve mile territorial line so we can't identify them, get put in four star hotels, get free medical care, free dental care, three square meals a day, spending money and virtually all of them are allowed to stay forever. That's unfair on working people paying tax, but you know who else, it's unfair on those people who've legally come to Britain as immigrants, paid their way and they see these people walking in and being given everything.
Speaker 1: It is wrong.
Speaker 17: It is unfair, and I will add it is also a national security threat as we've got young men coming in from Afghanistan, from Iran, from Iraq and we were worn by Isis a few years ago that they would flood the continent with their operatives using dinghis So from every measure this must stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, it's so dangerous. Otherwise, now, I thought this was quite fascinating because Labour's war on British history seems to be continuing. Kia Starmer has removed Winston Churchill portraits from Parliament and Nigel what kind of a culture war is Kia Starma waging here by doing this?
Speaker 17: Isn't it funny that Donald Trump has put the bronze bust of Winston Churchill back into the Oval Office and Keir Starmer is removing all trace The Labour Party are basically run by a bunch of human rights lawyers who hate Britain, hate Our history, think everything about us is totally shameful and would much rather we were part of larger agglomerations like the European Union or some form of UN government. That's how they think, and they view Churchill as a villainy. I think they think he's far right. You know what they don't realize is the limertism and freedoms that we enjoy in Britain and Europe today wouldn't even exist if it hadn't been for the courage of Winston in standing alone against the Nazi tyranny. But it just tells you everything you need to know about these people. They are full of self loathing for Britain, British culture and British history. And do you know what, in reform, we know our past is not perfect, but we're still very proud of.
Speaker 3: It, absolutely as you should be. And we think this here in Australia. We should be proud of our past. But the Left always tie themselves in knots of guilt over and over again. Now look, before we let you go, Nigel, I have to get your reaction here on the cancelation of MSNBC host Joy Raid, and I've got to play for you some of her finest moments.
Speaker 2: Have a look at this.
Speaker 10: We do have a fascist ground swell in parts of this country.
Speaker 2: Mainly among white men. Let's be clear.
Speaker 10: The racist tomahawkschad, the gesture and chant, promoting stereotypes, caricatures, and frankly hatred of Native American people. Similarities to what happened in Germany and what's happening now in America are just undeniable. History may not repeat, verbeat them, but it sure does.
Speaker 2: Rhyme, Ah, Nigel, We're almost out of time.
Speaker 3: But whatever will we do without the race Beta herself.
Speaker 17: Yeah, bigoted, over opinionated, miserable.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, good riddance.
Speaker 2: Say you later.
Speaker 3: Absolutely a pleasure catching up with you. Thank you so much for joining me on the show this evening, and thank you so much for your company at home. That is all we've got time for this evening. Paul Murray will be back tomorrow night, but stay with us here on Sky News. Up next is the Late Debate.
Speaker 2: Good night,