Speaker 1: And welcome to the podcast this week. How is everyone?
Speaker 2: And we will going good? Mate, feel really really great.
Speaker 1: It's a really nice jacket there to Matthew for anyone that the.
Speaker 2: Old smoking jacket shooting pheasants.
Speaker 3: I'm so tired. I'm too tired to even go and have a mass out from a back.
Speaker 4: That's how tired I am after that, babe.
Speaker 5: Well that's because we just that's because we just finished the move move moved everything just down the road. But Jee's moving house is a ship.
Speaker 4: Job, the worst ever.
Speaker 2: This is the one room people that's going to be standing this remote like the pub, the shuts down and the poking rooms rolls.
Speaker 5: Claiming it, claiming on the builders said we need to We can't have you doing podcasting that we met. Our listeners are more important than any build that we got to do.
Speaker 2: Is I'd rather the place fall apart, which it has been.
Speaker 5: Literally your mic has cut out trashy talk about the builders. Just plug it and plug it at the back and plug it.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's back on.
Speaker 2: You know what. I just want to say something about the moving. This woman, she's a machine. This woman I send to people in here. We had a couple of people here, and I said, you watch her go and she goes. Mate, she is tireless, like a lioness. She is you are You are amazing. You're an amazing You're an amazing mover.
Speaker 5: I will say some people have this for some people have their thing, you know what I mean, Like some people have their thing that gets some excited. For Dad, it's like talking about shape for chambers and numbers, Jack hosts it's food, you know what I mean. You try a conversation with Jack abb food. He'll run with that. Trish. For you, it's like moving and cleaning. You are just an absolute machine, like you get off on it.
Speaker 2: You are the Diego Maradonna of moving.
Speaker 1: And now you and now you turn into project manager. I was just listening to you talk to the builders before, Trish, and I'll tell you what they know? Whose boss really?
Speaker 5: Yeah? You throw them around. You know what else you good at?
Speaker 2: She throws around this.
Speaker 5: But negotiation and like negotiating to like how bullish you are and stubborn on some things like that, you know what I mean? Like you're very good at you know, you'll barter people down, like how did we talk about stories? How bad daddy is are bartering people down. Sometimes he barters them up. You are a machine at bartering.
Speaker 2: Like you will.
Speaker 5: You will tear troops off people. I'm sure they leave sometimes the builders and they go, how did they just? How did she just have our costs?
Speaker 2: She sends businesses to the wall.
Speaker 4: I would not do that.
Speaker 5: Well, you've done a pretty good job of it so far. Yeah, so you have an intro question.
Speaker 2: You're okay, look that damn jacket. The person you're right, the person you're right if they were a benevolent dictator, which is dictator in history, who would they be?
Speaker 5: You've had to say the same thing as me. Yeah, I think we did this four weeks ago, same intro question.
Speaker 2: What I said in history?
Speaker 5: And we and we said the same thing to you back then, remember, because you remember Trish said, it's always Napoleon for you.
Speaker 4: Hang on, here you go.
Speaker 2: It was left last time this told me going into the rock.
Speaker 5: But that's not really it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to start.
Speaker 4: That's boring.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on, okay, can I throw a random one? What about if you could be the inventor of one thing? What would.
Speaker 1: To cut with that? Inventor?
Speaker 5: I didn't give anyone prep though, to prepare it.
Speaker 4: Now I've aready got it.
Speaker 3: I want to have invented the ATM machine because yeah, every ATM transaction you get a cut.
Speaker 5: I don't know if the inventor would get the cart whether I think the people that put it in there. If you can, because you can own ATM machine.
Speaker 3: That's right, yeah, but I think you'd still get the cut because I know someone who knows someone.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's crazy, and they live in a good lab.
Speaker 1: Mine would be the Navidio chip that every it is using for AI these days. But if we don't want to go full nerd out, then it's the shamwell.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, sham wow. It's being down for something that is light easy. Most people like its recession proof.
Speaker 3: I want to go the dildaw, the dildo or the vibrator, Matthew, because may I say the vibrator is better.
Speaker 2: You're right one ahead of my Last night.
Speaker 5: Dad's only talking from.
Speaker 2: His experience chip my tooth on yours last night.
Speaker 3: Well, you did have to have a tooth repair while you hang on. That was when he was away in Washington. He chipped his too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, true, Never even you chip in your.
Speaker 4: Tooth on in Washington.
Speaker 2: Looks stuck and now now I'm going to vibrate the dildo slash vibrator. It's just what a booming industry. Everyone needs one.
Speaker 4: It would be a good industry. Actually online sex to industry.
Speaker 1: I think there is one and pretty successful and.
Speaker 5: I imagine they'd be cheat the manufacturerstic you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Plastic well dad just would usually.
Speaker 2: Yes, made from Walt Disneys teeth.
Speaker 4: And that's why your.
Speaker 2: Teeth well, mate, I know someone very well, very very well who used to own a news agency and a lot of these at the back of the news agency was the sex door.
Speaker 4: Well that was in the nineties.
Speaker 5: Is that what they used to like news agency as a little side hustle. Was it illegal or something.
Speaker 2: Had to be just you had to be to go in there had to be like removed from the general public. So it was like, I mean back this was the days when you had to buy skin magazines, get off. You know. It wasn't electronic, but also had Dill Doll's vibrators, antal beads, gag balls gaga Okay, gag ball is something you attached into the mouth, put in you know, that's seen in pole fish. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you do an impersonation? No, can just do an impersonation of what the gift was doing so Trush can know.
Speaker 4: Is he being rooted?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: I would have liked to have invented. I think the one thing that's universal and will continue to be universal the mobile phone. Like, in terms of that saying that's the last of test.
Speaker 1: To time, I don't know if you're right there, Well.
Speaker 5: You reckon that we're going to be past that one.
Speaker 1: I reckon once we developed teleportation, then what's the point of ringing? You just go see the person in person every time.
Speaker 5: I think we're a way. I don't think teleportation is ever going to be a thing. I don't think we could ever teleport somewhere in an instant.
Speaker 1: Imagine telling cavemen that we can community to engage each other across the world. Cooper, that's actually a good point, Cooper.
Speaker 3: When I was young, in a teenager, because I had a boyfriend who was a whale the time, and calling into and actually.
Speaker 4: Was really expected.
Speaker 1: It was really good looking, like a couple of.
Speaker 4: Hundred dollars like for a phone call.
Speaker 3: I used to imagine, oh my god, imagine a day when you can ring someone and look at them at the same time.
Speaker 4: Really, I thought it was fanciful.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was It was just when mobile phones first came out. It was like, so remember people tradish people had a mobile phone. People go oh wow, whoopy do like you know, showing off?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well the main people that had mobiles were the big brick ones that were like the boats and things agents.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that were huge.
Speaker 2: Teleporter you will happen one day. All you need to do is to know how to bend time and matter, bend the universe your way. That it's like when you see Star Wars. You know, I've said this before Star Wars when they hit the Millennium Falcon and you know, they poured through the universe. I disagree. I think what Han Solo was doing was hitting the brake and making the universe bend towards him.
Speaker 3: Have you had some mushies today, mate? They were free flowing up and biron on the weekend the marshes like, no, I wouldn't do that, but I love one of my friends that I She said to her husband, Or they've got some MUSHes. There's some MUSHes up here, And he said don't be a square take some.
Speaker 5: Her husband said, I love it.
Speaker 4: I said, no.
Speaker 3: Worries and to tell him ringing and you know, don't be boring, he said to I said, oh, you need to ring him back.
Speaker 4: And so I have no problem.
Speaker 3: I've now tried speed, cocaine and heroine and I'm joining an augy.
Speaker 1: I'm not so boring now to clip that up as one thing by itself, just a quick one.
Speaker 2: Was it Stu or Brian? Yeah? Because the other one. Brian wouldn't say that because he knows that his wife isn't boring. Joe's sort of very straight laced.
Speaker 6: She's not boring, I said, not boring, but straight straight lace.
Speaker 5: Right, Dad, You're off the P and G this week as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Monday.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Prime Minister of P and G, James Marape, he has invited me up there.
Speaker 4: Do you really think it's a pr exercise?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Steve Crawley, boss Fox Sports, just got in touch with me and Ben Hogarth. And for people who want to know who Ben, how is? You watch Morning Glory on the show he does all the fletch and hindy stuff, but he appears on Morning Glory. Yeah, he got in touch with us and said we want you to with Leon as well, go to P and G. I've only been up there once, but I just I was fascinated by the place.
Speaker 3: Disappointed, I wasn't. I've never been to P and G. It's supposed to beautiful. So at the supers go off and sale there around it's supposed to be spectacular.
Speaker 2: You go into the highlands, we've lost you, Matthew.
Speaker 5: You're my cutout as well. Now what the hell's going on?
Speaker 2: It's the ghosts. When you go to the sort of the deep jungles in the highlands of Guinea, it is insane. The beauty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would love to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talk to me about birds of paradise. I've heard that a few times. What is a bird of paradise?
Speaker 2: A bird of paradise? Bird? A bird of paradise is a native bird of Guinea, only found in Guinea.
Speaker 3: Bird of paradise is a plant you know that we've got in the front yards.
Speaker 4: Orange and purple plants stick out.
Speaker 5: Can I ask you, Dad, are you sure it's called the bird of paradise or is that just what the natives referred to it as?
Speaker 4: Okay, do you know what.
Speaker 3: Actually, he might be right, because I think the plant is called the bird of paradise because it imitates the the fern on. What do you call it when you have a thing on top of your head like sort of thing. Yeah, I think it does.
Speaker 1: It's no a crane of paradise, Okay.
Speaker 2: The bird of paradise are members of the family Paradisia of the of the order. They are found mainly and Papa New Guinea as well as Eastern Australia in certain locations.
Speaker 4: In bushlet and is.
Speaker 2: Really they're really really hard to find. We went there once and we're flying through this gorge with chief and Paul Harrigan, not the chief of New Guinea, and we were up in the highlands of seeing the Huy and we went down and there were just birds of paradise everywhere flying around. I remember just going wow, snapshot in my brain. I didn't take a photo because nothing's like the human eye, and I thought I'll never forget this for the rest of my life, as opposed to that if you were dictator.
Speaker 1: So it's nearly twenty years, Matthews, more than that, because.
Speaker 6: I was years twenty years.
Speaker 3: Do you remember I remember him coming home, and he said, what they do up in the tribes with the children at four years of age, they are handed to mashetti and told to go off and then for themselves. And I'm like, mate, you boys are so spoiled.
Speaker 2: Yeah. One of the greatest writers of all time, Jared mom who I wrote, Guns, Germs and Steel, and he lives half of you. And pap New Guinea. He took his son over. You know, he just was fascinated how they raised their children a million miles away from helicopter parenting, and his son came back not not just unafraid of snakes. He has one hundred and sixty snakes in the house in America. Now. Second, he's over there because I saw my favorite riding John Ronson while I was in Washington.
Speaker 5: I know you spoke about that. You spoke about that very very sort of dressed like him today with that sort of corduroy jacket that you've got on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fancy you talking about fashion. Honestly, He's like, you're dressed in a parachute.
Speaker 4: I really like that shirt.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought, Matte.
Speaker 4: I mean, Matt, you don't get fashion.
Speaker 5: Look at you going on.
Speaker 4: It's a brown corduroy.
Speaker 1: It looks like a Boston gangster that's about to do a hit on someone.
Speaker 3: It actually reminds me a little bit of the first time I saw you we Matt when you had your mustard jeans on and your maroone no mustard shirt with the Marone jeans.
Speaker 4: He's got the Marone hat and.
Speaker 2: Brown doesn't sound like it should together and if it berfictly, it was great. But you weren't looking at that. You look at my ass.
Speaker 4: I was your ass, Yeah, nice ass.
Speaker 2: I was looking at your boobies. Oh you did not because you went really low cleavage. Used to wear addresses really low. Because I used to finish the ship then go to the topless.
Speaker 4: Bar might have made more money than.
Speaker 2: The Old Boy's day in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: It's insane, man, It's insane. And another little teas because we have one of the other old Storm Boys, Bronson Garlic. We might be doing a little bit of a pieting challenge at the end of this podcast, me and New Matthew, but the Old Boys weekend to be able to go back to a club that gave me so much, but I'd like to think it was reciprocal. It would like to think that it was very, very fun and can I just say right, because when you're a player, you're probably the I think the old boys when you see because you're preparing for a game, they kind of show them the best side of themselves, like the boys. You know, you how you feeling for the game. Yeah, our talk footy. I didn't realize how much these old boys could drink. Wow, it's all very old school.
Speaker 4: It was m VP.
Speaker 5: Oh mate, there's too many medals to hand out too, because I remember I was staying at Harry's joint and all the old boys had a hotel. He had like roommates at the hotel, but I didn't stay there. I stayed Harry's just like a breakaway. And I wasn't sure how much of it I do for the whole weekend. Dallas Johnson, Dallas because it was Cooper John's. Dallas Johnson.
Speaker 2: He's one of my favorites, Dallas.
Speaker 5: He is talking about tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think he had a few ATMs there for a while, actually.
Speaker 1: Talking about Yeah, I heard it, you know the ATMs that get yet sometimes at the at the pub, and that I've heard he had a few up and down the coast in the Mounties.
Speaker 5: Uh to you actually hear that he might have owned a few of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that two dollars, that's now three dollars surcharge. You can blame Dallas, Johns, you can blame Dallas.
Speaker 4: You have a choice. Walk to your bank.
Speaker 5: You know what prepared?
Speaker 2: Well, what do I absolutely do that because you ship.
Speaker 4: Me you're one of those that just get them mountain money out of the thing.
Speaker 1: It's like that charge every in ten seconds street. Can you name me one pub that's near an ATM?
Speaker 5: A pub that's near at ATM?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Well, she said, go to the EIGHTTM, sorry, the nearest go to the nearest bank.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, the moan of our hotel just down the street, there's the eight alien said ATM.
Speaker 4: There's also a west.
Speaker 1: When you're trying to get money out ten pm at night, what's the no banks open?
Speaker 2: Right? No?
Speaker 3: No, what do you need money at ten o'clock at night? Tap man, just tap it and whack it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, anyway, Jack, thanks for derailing that whole conversation far out. But the old boys, so what we did down there now, it's no like secret that I'm quite a young old boy twenty six, I was the youngest spike there probably by a decade.
Speaker 2: Next failed early.
Speaker 5: I'd say it just pivot into a different career.
Speaker 4: I think so too.
Speaker 5: I agree, but even Dale Fanucin felt young, and Dale's he's had a lustriks career, but he doing with himself now. He works for the RPA on the Saturday right because I got there Thursday night was a thre whole day event they'd organized. Some of them are getting non blood tests and prostate exams because well, look a great idea for people in their demographic. But when you're twenty six and you're getting your prostrate check.
Speaker 6: Did you do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lisa got something to compare it to in future?
Speaker 5: Well, I just thought it. And there was people were coming in, doctors and professionals doing like half an hour speeches about around prostate exams and stuff. And I was just trying to find any way to get out of there because I thought I shouldn't be here listening to this time.
Speaker 4: Did they did they look at your bow?
Speaker 5: Oh? I, Trish, I don't know what do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: They put their fingers in your ass? Was that the test?
Speaker 5: No, it's all blood tests now, so they gave you a blood test. They all gave me blood test for it. Yeah, now, which I thought was a little you prostate.
Speaker 4: I think if you have elevated.
Speaker 2: PSA then they figured.
Speaker 4: Well then they will do investigations.
Speaker 5: Have you had one down, because I think after you get over fifty, it's like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they didn't touch his ass.
Speaker 2: They I asked for a second opinion.
Speaker 4: No, they usually included in his blood tests invoice.
Speaker 5: But it was a great weekend, man, it was a great weekend. So many team talk.
Speaker 4: I mean they won and they were came from what was it sixteen nil talk nil or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they did sixteen nail down after twelve minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, when did you give speech the beginning or halftime?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 5: I gave her at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Belly Ate was up there and they said, look give it. It's old boys round. We want one of our boys to get up, and Billy Slater sort of was about to put his hand up and I put my hand on Slaty. I said, mate, I don't worry Slatzy, You've done enough work for Queensland during the week.
Speaker 2: I'll get up and do the speech meantime.
Speaker 5: So I take it well, I think I like to think the boys responded pretty well. I was up there. I got pretty emotional, I got pretty and I got pretty angry at one stage. On one stage, I tried to put my hand like punch the wall for a dramatic effect. One of the physios was there, ended up knocking him clean out. Oh but look around the whole thing of you know, you don't know in the present when you're in that locker room and you take it for granted play an NRL National Rugby League football. I said to the boys, when you get to my age, you start to realize that this game isn't forever, and these are the best years of your life. I wish there was a way of knowing you're in the good old days before you leave them.
Speaker 1: Did Josh King respond when he was three years older than you, Yeah, well he sort of went to put his hand up and I said, King, you sit the f down right now, or I'm going to slap you in front of this whole plane group.
Speaker 4: That would have said an amazing message out to everyone.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: And then anyway, I fight them up, you know, the whole whole Sheppielle. They went out there, bang Shappeel Chappelle, Corby Chappelle. Corby wasn't there, but they went out in the first fifteen minutes and they were down sixteen nilk Yeah.
Speaker 4: Were they thinking about your words?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Do you recond?
Speaker 5: I'd like to think that probably I had the same effect that you know the halftime chat for New South Wales had. You know, they come out and they looked a little flat. They did look a little flat.
Speaker 2: You fit it in not just for seriously, just because you're an old boy the storm, but also you're an Overcastrian and the Melbourne Storm and new Castle ies have this amazing crossover.
Speaker 6: How many I reckon?
Speaker 2: There's a seven or eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Naughty Scotty Hill played for the Hunt of Mariners who was nearby grew up Foster. But there's a there was there's a poor market.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Matt Bartlett and.
Speaker 4: The big guy that went to birth didn't he go to Storm?
Speaker 2: To Rodney? How?
Speaker 3: How he?
Speaker 2: How he went there?
Speaker 5: Breton Pomer, a lot of Clint Newton, of course, Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: A lot of.
Speaker 5: The list goes on and on.
Speaker 4: Current the Winger.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, which one? Maybe Castle and Birds are paradise, you're on fire, Jack, Greg Bird the But yeah, a lot of them, so a lot of the chat was around like how a lot of them had story is with Dad and Joey. Richard Swain was one of them. Shout out to Richard.
Speaker 4: He's a lovely fellow.
Speaker 2: Lovely.
Speaker 5: A lot of people might not know he's he said. So he was an international hooker, right, like, played one of the first hookers at the Melbourne Storm, played there, played for New Zealand, and he goes, how good am I. We're sitting there watching the game. He goes, how good am I?
Speaker 2: Gunt?
Speaker 5: You know your little mate Harry's out there now, you know he's only played half the time I did, and he's I'm already the third best hooker at this club. I came to a club I was an international hooker and the only two other hookers in the club are Karen Smith and Harry Grant. And he's just fallen to the third.
Speaker 2: Isn't that amazing? So like, in such a vital position, as such a in a position that is so robust and lends himself to short careers. They've only had three, well.
Speaker 5: They've only really had three long term like in terms of people that have played Inchcliff Brandon Smith.
Speaker 2: But essentially someone who's played over twenty games.
Speaker 1: Slave Griffin. Yeah, won a Grand Final fourteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did, Jack, he did, he did. You're on Jack again. I'll reiterate, you are on.
Speaker 2: Find that there is a certain thing in the air at the moment when we went away to Washington, Leon Mitchell, Leon, the guy who was smashed by homli Olata Leon. It's like, I don't know, once he went into the nation's capital and went into America, everything changed. He had good ideas, he was funny, which is mind blowing.
Speaker 4: It happens.
Speaker 6: It happens to me a lot, right.
Speaker 2: And women honestly had to fight him off with They just loved him all the time. Then unfortunately he checked it back in when he came we're right at mascot because he's gone back to work and hasn't fired a shot.
Speaker 1: How does that relate to me?
Speaker 2: Off with a stick?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 4: Do we need to take Jack international and he might get funnier?
Speaker 5: Yea to a place that doesn't speak English? Can I say one of our one of our listeners sent through this today on Wikipedia. I want to show you guys, first, before I show Jack, someone's changed his name given to a very popular term that Jack uses on this podcast. Obviously, Jack's middle name is Carlin. He's huge, but he's huge. But someone someone, one of our listeners, got on your thing, Jack and called you Jack cobber. John's use that. That's what I call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all my old teammates, it's called cobber. I call Matthew cobber all the time on this podcast. It's just habit. I don't mean to do it.
Speaker 2: A great Australian term. It's one of one of the greatest Australian terms. And beautiful story happens with it. When they fought in the song in Villness, there's a story that it was fought in most awful mud in trench warfare, and they were going around scanning for someone who was alive, and this Australian soldier who was about to walk off the battlefield heard in a whispered tone, don't forget me cobber, and turned around. He dragged him out of mud and carried him off in his shoulders. Really, isn't that amazing?
Speaker 3: That's a beautiful a statue in the song I've seen that and his mum, like you see the whites of his eyes.
Speaker 5: That's true as well, Matthew. Sorry, guys, you always do. Can we bring it back with Trisha?
Speaker 3: I got so much more from my Byron. Well, you guys, you know I'm just not a dominator.
Speaker 2: Well the builders were different.
Speaker 4: Go on, Well one could sit on their heels and do stuff all Matthew face.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 4: God I came back.
Speaker 3: Actually, the minute I sort of landed environment with the girls, I began to really appreciate having boys. Yeah, phone calls, phone calls after phone calls. Anyone with girls had phone calls. Needy, Needy, Needy, Needy, Needy, needy. Admittedly they are a little bit younger than you, but phone calls. The minute on the floor, where were your mom? There were tears, there were heights, there were someone stole her sister's bra and I was handed the phone and said, just.
Speaker 4: Listen to this.
Speaker 3: I've never heard screaming like it, never heard it, and it is wild. And then it actually got physical. I think one of his sisters started kicking, the other.
Speaker 5: Started kicking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the phone. I handed it back to her. Marmo said, I think you need to do something.
Speaker 1: Wow, So what you're saying, Trish is you should be really kind of grateful for.
Speaker 4: You got grateful. I'm very grateful. Yeah, like, yeah, girls are I have heard that a lot. They're a little hard.
Speaker 5: Work, but you know, yeah, that's cut out of here.
Speaker 3: And then I even got a little bit grateful of you, Matthew, because you didn't hassle me all weekend, probably because matt was here having a bit of a neighborhood get together with everyone down the street and anyone else you could find for the mighty Tidies win.
Speaker 5: Hello. Do you think that like because some people say you know your people? No, no, no, you just let me get through this. Sorry, you're really thrown me off. Some people might say that's nice to have peace quiet, But I've had experience where you've come back and said, like you've been a bit silky because you're like, oh, no one loves me, and like you aren't ringing me and stuff. No, but is that just this time or is that like do you view it like that all the time.
Speaker 4: No, you don't ring me.
Speaker 3: I mean admittedly if you ring me, it's where something's gone or and you need some right. I had about eight hour sleep over the last four nights.
Speaker 2: Sleep to basically know the English language.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Matthew, but yeah, I even appre said, did you because guess what pictures Brick was getting sent by Fletch breakfast.
Speaker 6: No, no, uh, pictures of puppy peo, oh, their dog all over the place.
Speaker 4: At least Matt didn't send me that. And I know that Little Louis did have diary one night.
Speaker 2: Fletcher Minefield so led me into a minefield on the show the other night when he said, mate, Maddie won at U coach state of Origin and I was like, oh, I put them on the spot and I went, mate, I'll do it if Joey did it. And it was just totally totally sort of you know, a joke, mate. Honestly, all day yesterday, all I've been doing copping calls off Journius. Really, yeah, you don't know, are you going to do it?
Speaker 1: You should do it because they know it would be an absolute. It would be an absolute, their work would be done for them.
Speaker 2: Brent rud He said, oh, God would be entertaining. I said, yeah, ready for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it would be I mean, it'd be great content for us to like the potty Jesus be juicy. So what else would and what was your answer to that? By the way, sorry, my answer is like no, I said, because you said on the show, if Joey does it, you help him out. Is that still the case or now you pulled that off?
Speaker 2: Well, I said it frivolously. Joey hasn't reached out. Joey's going to do it. Joey didn't he reached out. Of course I'd helped.
Speaker 1: Did you say that?
Speaker 2: Knowing that probably just a good way to worm out of it? But yeah, so you know, it was funny. I rang Trish, Sorry, Jack, I rang Trish. That's she would to do a health through treat.
Speaker 4: But we did healthy, We did breathing.
Speaker 2: Breath was under the thing. Yeah, health anyway. I rang it one morning and she goes, where are you going? I went, oh, God, you sound a bit hunging out. She goes, oh, but do a breath work yesterday? Okay, like we in Haley Mozille.
Speaker 1: What's Mozelle?
Speaker 3: Mozelle's the opposite of reasoning big in the eighties or Mozille what's okay?
Speaker 4: Time of white wine? Ah?
Speaker 2: Right, okay, right?
Speaker 5: Because I didn't know what reasoning it.
Speaker 3: Was I haven't heard of Mozille, that was a big eighties and reasoning it's come back, it's full circle.
Speaker 4: But Mozelle has made it to come back yet.
Speaker 2: Served in a cask drank at best before.
Speaker 5: How would you expected us to know that? You know that was big in the eighties and drink.
Speaker 4: Do you do you recall the fruit alexia?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I did have an experience on that one time. What was the cask of fruit alexia included vomiting?
Speaker 1: It sounds it sounds like it's a bit of a yeah, yeah, I vomited on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Again you are a vomited Well, usually it's tactical because it makes me like then I feel better after, But this time it was vomb and done like it was vomited. I went out the front. Matt Geyer like he beuffer was he was had a cab and he held it for me, said I'll drop you, and then he dropped me out. One of the other old boys was in the back of the cab, didn't close. I was sitting in between here like I was squished in the middle. They were two big lads. He opened he left his cab door open and just wasn't even like he just wasn't going to shut it. He was just sitting there talking. Cab driver was mustn't have looked back and seen that the door was open, took off. Boom, it's just a station. Just fly straight to the completely off. Oh no, and then he just goes, oh, what did you get Why did you start the car? The door was clot over, and then he just gets out and walks off.
Speaker 2: Surely he was compensated. When the cabby you have.
Speaker 4: To claim assurance. Well, I mean it's his halt. The door wasn't clear. You got a passenger.
Speaker 5: It's like when you what a bad rule. That is like you've got to be in charge of all the passengers. It's like when your backseat passenger doesn't have his seat belt on and a copper goes, oh, then.
Speaker 2: You get fined, you tube blokes. But that was you driving Jack. No, it was me. It was you and Jack didn't have his seatbelt on. Yeah, you got done. But the copper looked after you. In the fact that he saw young guys, he just basically gave you the impression. It was double the merits too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna lost my license.
Speaker 1: And on the other.
Speaker 5: The reason they pulled me over initially was.
Speaker 4: Because boys were singing.
Speaker 5: Jack and all of his mates were like blind, and one of them threw a coat hanger in the back seat and he was hanging out the window and then threw it on like out of the winds and me, No, it wasn't you, I said, Jack and his dead ship mates, we know which one was. Yeah, we know which one it was. And if you listen to Harry, if you listen any And then there was undercover cops. They've been following me for like five minutes. And the reason they and do you remember this, I reckon, The reason they didn't book me was because remember they got an emergency mic through someone goes get to the whoever's in this get to this address quick. It was almost like someone like they had like an assault or something at someone's house, and they went, oh, we'll finish this later. You'll get an infringement in the mail. And they because they were detectives, because they were under cover, they just like legged it straight away. And I reckon, they I don't reckon. They usually stop people because they were in undercover. I don't reckon their role was traffic offensive.
Speaker 4: They just thought, these young blokes need to be told.
Speaker 1: I told you earlier.
Speaker 6: Yeah I was.
Speaker 1: I think maybe just came out of pre season for twenties, so.
Speaker 5: Jack, you were eighteen. Because I was dropping you guys into town, I couldn't drink yet, I was. I would have just had my red peas for like the mark.
Speaker 2: To show Beach Cops, which is shot in around Manly and Coloroi and all the rest of it. I don't know, there's so much crime around here, scary. I think that's everywhere, bro represent two ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Would I be able to possibly Matthew bring up recipe of the week please?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And I've got a little bit of feedback.
Speaker 1: On last week's one.
Speaker 3: He's dinner Sunday night the best thing I've ever had in my life. It did an amazing spaghetti biaise and homemade for Gusha with Andre Domato's olives and Rossa Maria.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was.
Speaker 1: It was quite good, Chrish.
Speaker 5: Would you agree?
Speaker 4: Incredible, Patasha, I've ever tasted.
Speaker 2: In my mind, really, I've never been a fan of preservatives, but I'm a big fan now because I had a taste of Jack's when he first got it done, and it was delicious. I had a taste of it the next day. It was absolutely horrendous, had gone so stale, unbelievable. She's threw it in the ocean.
Speaker 5: It's too fresh, feeding the fish and apparently even ducks were swimming around it.
Speaker 2: So when do you bring on preservatives?
Speaker 4: Blessing us with jack?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, So what we did, Washa obviously going buy it for a recipe of the week this week. So basically what we did is we chucked in. You put your flower in. We put five hundred grams of flour in.
Speaker 4: We put so is that plain or self razing?
Speaker 1: That was just plain flower? And then we put yeast in. So we put seven grams which is one of those packets of those instant yeats in. Mix it in with some warm water and olive oil, any sort of play around with ittle bit and let it sit a few times and stuff like that. A little bit of salt, throw it in there, a little bit of honey. You got to chuck a little bit of honey. I'm not so sure. No, it was part of the recipe. And then what you do is you let it set fifteen minutes. Then you you gotta you gotta play with the door but you gotta like sort of like you know, flip it over, and it's a.
Speaker 4: Bit like a pizza dough. You've gotta work it. You've gotta work.
Speaker 2: Something caught him doing.
Speaker 1: You gotta get some air into You've got to get some air into it. Yeah, fifteen minutes, do it the same thing again, do that off and on.
Speaker 4: Did you put it out signed in the sun?
Speaker 1: And then no, it was just a bit cold because this time of year. So what we end up doing was we ended up we end up grabbing it. You put it to the side, You get a pan, all right, You get it like a normal baking pan, and then you just fill it with like like a little bit of olive oil. You make sure it's coated all around it. And then we grabbed the actual dough that was done, and you can tell it's done because it starts sort of like self bubbling a little bit. And then you put it in the pan. You let it sit in the pan with a piece of baking sheet over the top of it in the sun.
Speaker 5: Then trashies a lot of letting it sit.
Speaker 4: All good things take time, Cooper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true.
Speaker 1: And then what you do is once it's ready to go, you chuck a little sit there about an hour it sat four there. Then you take it off, get the oven pre heated to one eighty and then you get some I cut up some me and Jem cut up some olives, be the sun dried tomatoes, salt pepper, some rosemary cut up, and you put that in the little divots because you make your divots into it, all right, as you know. And then put in the oven. And then about twenty four to twenty six minutes in the oven at one age and so good done, yea, so so good.
Speaker 3: And then with the spaghetti bolonnaise, it was incredible, Jack's It is insane, is that?
Speaker 4: And I may have gone to the best restaurant I've ever been to up in bar Into.
Speaker 5: It's cool, mate, not telling you well that it's not.
Speaker 4: Like the mean discounts, so I'm not giving them a free plug called four.
Speaker 1: Four four four like a number four.
Speaker 4: No, it's a French word for fire. If you full oh for.
Speaker 3: And you enter it, yeah, it's not cheap, sorry, Matte, you paid for it. You enter it through a cargo containing that door.
Speaker 4: That's very cool. There's a secret bar in there.
Speaker 3: And when you go to the toilet you've got people reading your fairy tales. Actually stayed there a bit longer just to hear the next you know that laid the.
Speaker 5: Golden like an audio book.
Speaker 1: So were they actually French Trish? Because that only is Australian made.
Speaker 4: No, it's owned by Shannon Bennett.
Speaker 5: Who's Shannon Bennett? Is he Wanes and Bennett?
Speaker 4: He owns Rudemont in Melbourne?
Speaker 6: Oh no way, it's a big.
Speaker 2: Chef Wowowton it was.
Speaker 4: I saw him met a.
Speaker 5: Water a junior football So it lives in Fresher there. Who's up the road from d C?
Speaker 2: Very good d C. I believe, Yeah, he is there.
Speaker 5: He went on DC's Bucks party two Vegas. Actually he was at the wedding. He was just up there just making all the get down and give me five, get down and give me fours.
Speaker 4: House of the Dragon. It's finally restarted.
Speaker 1: Are you watching? Well?
Speaker 3: I want to because it was just getting really good. But the thing is, I've got to go back and watch right from the beginning. But because I forgotten it was so long ago stopped.
Speaker 1: Well, I was watching the other night. I was a bit crooked and I ended up watching it by myself and Cooper and friend walked in and I basically gave him the whole rundown of what happened for the last three seasons. So you should have been there for that.
Speaker 4: Have you watched the new series?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I watched the new season, just episode episode.
Speaker 5: Anyone who just listened to Jack's recipe of the week, My poor partner said to Jack, you know what is David? What's I don't have an associated names yet.
Speaker 2: Jack. She associated with Heroin Bother.
Speaker 5: She shed true, she said to Jack. She said to Jack, Oh, what's this show about? Jack paused it, turned around and gave the most in detail. It's Jack was the season three. He went through season one too. She was too nice to stop and go. I'd like, I don't really, I'm not that invested. When for seventeen minutes Jack spoke.
Speaker 1: For you do it? It was she was. She wanted us, She was asking questions she knew she wanted.
Speaker 2: She's serious.
Speaker 4: I keep saying Jack and Matt, it's of feathers.
Speaker 5: Birds of Paradise. God, they are like in what sense they can talk?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's so like a Matt thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Stop if you ask about a place, he goes, oh and you know, give you the history of the place through the dictators were, how it was overthrown.
Speaker 5: That's going to be the populatest episode titled Birds of Paradise.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's time for the dream Team, and today the dream Team is this. If someone came up to your niece or nephew or just a friend and said, give me the four best towns of cities in Australia to go out on a hand snider or a Bucks night, which would they be?
Speaker 5: Okay? Can I flag another thing? So magic when we did the Magic Round post episode, you did the dream Team and you did, what are the top four best places to live in.
Speaker 2: Visit?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going on.
Speaker 2: I'll change it. Dream Team. Give me if you were to start your own flag, your own country that was called Cooperville? Is it Cooperville?
Speaker 4: Is it really country?
Speaker 1: Shelby?
Speaker 2: What are the three colors you use for the flag? Tricia Trisia armor?
Speaker 4: Going green?
Speaker 3: Definitely green, and then you need the contrast, so then I'm going to go white, green, white, and what works nicely with the both of them? I mean obviously red, but then that's the Italian flag. I've just created series which is hot pink.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've gone I've gone some of the nutrition. I've gone like a light green.
Speaker 6: No, no, mine's very bold rich green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, I've gone a light blue and white. There's a there's a country that call. I'm just trying to think which one of these has got those colors anyway, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Grease no, So so we can just do two colors and Matthew, I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go like the similar the Swedish colors. I like that gold yellow and the blue.
Speaker 2: I like that for the blue. Yeah. Simple.
Speaker 5: Now I'm actually glad you moved to this right because this it begs itself to quite a significant week for me as well, with the Cooper John's Cup on Saturday between aka the Battle of Brookvale storm versus mainly right, So it's a it's a Brookie over should go. But anyway, sad day, you got anything.
Speaker 4: On, probably I will probably should.
Speaker 5: Celebrate your son, but I do My three colors for Cooperville would be marone yep, purple yep, and then white separating the two.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Do you actually want to take me to the football with you?
Speaker 5: I'll go with you to watch John's car.
Speaker 4: Is it in the day, because I only go out in the day.
Speaker 6: I don't really quite late seven.
Speaker 2: Thirty because opinion. The other day I wore an outfit winter to Memoriam and it was a check pant, check pant and top with sort of horizontal pattern. It shouldn't have gone together. It really shouldn't have if it was a fashion mistake. Yet it did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a color.
Speaker 3: There was a gray check pant and but a beauty of lovely blue funeral.
Speaker 2: I was always Memoriam. I was always My mum used to say, whatever you do, the worst two colors to put together with marone and red too similar.
Speaker 4: That was her fashion advice. She didn't mention mustard and burguned it.
Speaker 1: They worked together and Jacket's amazed look like a serial killer with the beauty.
Speaker 5: Did anyone compliment you with the memorial?
Speaker 6: I really hope not.
Speaker 2: Now. After I did the Cooper Krong podcast, before I went to the Memoriam, I went upstairs with Fox Pause because I think, and I'm looking pretty good. When I walked in and like, wait, look at this, and I was like, hey, guys, sometimes you just got to make an effort.
Speaker 4: Look at you. Okay, have we on the tips?
Speaker 3: Yes, Jacko, you got six last week you topped us. The rest of us all got fight. But Cooper is still leading on seventy two points and I'm still trailing in. I'm seventy one, Matt's on sixty nine, and Jack you've gone up to sixty eight.
Speaker 4: Why did you giggle?
Speaker 1: Are you two? It's just too No, No, he just laughed because he thought of that joke about birds of Paradise and he.
Speaker 2: Went Panthers last week too, didn't you know?
Speaker 6: I went t Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, Actually, we all mighty tidy loyalty. Okay, okay, Eels Rabbits.
Speaker 4: How Eels have been picking up their game, have they.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go I'm going to go South Latro. But I just sort of think this is an important game. Yeah, it also been Els have always been in a round most of this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to go Rabbits, Jacka.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm young Rabbits as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: I guys, I'm going to go a little bit away from you, guys. I'm going to sniff an upset. I'll go Paramatta then.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Titans and the Bulldogs obviously.
Speaker 2: I'm a tight, tight tight Bulldogs. Bullogs arepreneur out look goods, yes, until you out with a hamstring. They were good last week though, Man, they're good last week. Lachlan Galvin were really starting to find himself. But yeah, Titans.
Speaker 5: I'll go to the Titans too.
Speaker 4: Yep, good, So you should Broncos Roosters. I'm going the Roasters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going with the Roosters. Look too much going on at the Broncos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Roosters as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to go the Roosters.
Speaker 4: Dolphins and the Wires. I'm going Dolphins.
Speaker 2: I'm going Dolphins, mate. They can win the compets.
Speaker 4: I mean, I want the Wars to win, but I just think that they are on the.
Speaker 2: Second line of betting. Now the Dolphins really, yeah really, Panthers are two dollars fifty and they're about nine bucks to Dolphins. Yeah, that's the second line of betting.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's that bigod yeah, Jack, Yeah, Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Dolphins are on fire.
Speaker 5: What the Dolphins as well?
Speaker 4: Okay, Cowboys Panthers. I'm going Panthers. I think they'll come back.
Speaker 2: Panthers bounced back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Panthers bounced back after that lost to the Titans last week, Pan with Panthers.
Speaker 4: Okay, see your storm, I'm thinking maybe the storm merely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm goingball.
Speaker 2: Oh see, this is so hard for me because like led both clubs.
Speaker 5: Well, it's just hard for me because like obviously, when your name is affiliated with a game.
Speaker 4: Where's your bestest or best mates? Where are they?
Speaker 5: Well that's hard, gues mate.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of like, well I feel that you need to follow him, especially since he's the captain.
Speaker 1: Pretty rough on Corey with and Ruby garritcue.
Speaker 5: I see there are boys there that your back.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 5: It's so hard, man, it's like you guys not tipping the Titans.
Speaker 4: Well, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: The Golden point.
Speaker 1: Get ten points in Cooper back and draw as a risk.
Speaker 5: Okay, if what happens, if my back of draw get two points this year, if you back it, if you're able to back a drawer, you get five points.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's pretty good.
Speaker 5: It's get point two points. It's nowhere near enough.
Speaker 4: Okay, five points.
Speaker 5: I'm going and can we just say technically right, well, it just has to go to extra time, like.
Speaker 2: No, okay, hold on you with me.
Speaker 6: It has to be a draw.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Can I just add to this? I think has got a point if it goes if it is draw straight away, you get to you you get two points if it's a draw. If it goes to golden point and ends up a draw, you get ten points to and five. She wins, she always does.
Speaker 4: I'm the master, You're so weak. And Raiders Dragons. I'm going to go for the Raiders.
Speaker 1: They need a little lap Raiders as well, they need a wine.
Speaker 2: Are they sick?
Speaker 5: And last, I'll check for it right here they are.
Speaker 2: Second last, d here you going, I'm going Raiders.
Speaker 1: There was actually just start going into this year that last time they'd actually gone into the top four, they'd gone somewhere close to last as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to go the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Okay, And the last game of the weekend Nights and Tigers. I'm going the mighty nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mighty nineties.
Speaker 4: Where are they at the moment?
Speaker 1: Nights are fifth at the moment, but like after they win last week, a third and then a couple of teams just got in line with them, so they got the lesser for and against their tied third with I think the Roosters and someone else so Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Maybe it'll be a hard game, mate, Tigers really need to win this. I'm desperate as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah you Knights, Yeah I am Knights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're pretty much all got the same except for draw me. I need Storm to win.
Speaker 4: And there was so I went against you boys.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll just come up with an idea for a segment next week. Can you drop this down? Sure? I'm going to go and this is not going to be a segment every week. Just just went off. Cooper's played for Manly and he's played for the Storm Coopers. Jack played for the Knights. In the house, I'm going to run through questions for both of you, which I think people find really interesting. So to be Runner, Cooper, Melbourne or Manly. If you if you're going to go away for a weekend away? Which setup plays be more fun? But you can then say, right, if something happened and she hit the fen, you had to find yourself, you know, survived something, which, yeah, so we'll do it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I are going to read more specific you need it, like which squad of which year too? It has to be like it has to be twenty twenty one, you know, which.
Speaker 2: You know, like which which like and people all find these things like which trained the hardest, which had most fun at training? All those things?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, let's do it then, people.
Speaker 4: Have a great week.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: No, I'm recovering from moving and organizing renovation.
Speaker 2: She deserves a rest mate.
Speaker 6: Yeahs and I.
Speaker 4: Just want to hang out with my.
Speaker 5: Dole even weeks at a spell.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Really, I'm so tired, I can't even go and have a mass ouch.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that. I'm sure someone who's just grafting away is going.
Speaker 2: The boys, the boys in the cold buds. Put your shovels in for Trisha.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's is so tight you can't have a massage. Pass it on straight up into the next cold.
Speaker 1: So what's that segment?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: Which one?
Speaker 2: That one's one?
Speaker 5: That's a rich one. Now get ready for the greatest piloting challenge that you've ever gone.
Speaker 2: Take it away that you've ever gone? Take away?
Speaker 5: Okay, ready, start again, and now get ready for the greatest piloting challenge of all time.
Speaker 2: Bring them in, Bring them in. Okay, let's do it again.
Speaker 6: That job.
Speaker 2: Now, prepare yourselves, ladies and gentlemen, for the most adventurous, the boldest, the creamiest, crustiest meat.
Speaker 5: Well friends at Garlos, which we're all fraid to them. Matthew would have played against Shawna where they're actually doing a big piet in competition at the Culjibay Hotel twentieth of September. So we thought we thought we jump on the back of it because people can Actually it's public right. People can submit a video to there's a link. We're going to put it in our potty auditions. They can do it in auditions. Yeah wow, And you've got to have two pies, eat it as fast as you possibly can, and then submit the video to the link for your chance to be selected. Your chance went in five grand at this pilot in competition.
Speaker 4: Can I can I enter?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Not related well, the submissions at the end of July they finished, so people can get but this is our submission.
Speaker 2: Good Uncle Codi, Uncle Coudy, Uncle COUTI used to like his beer warm and loved pies to eate them. Frozen's Blind drunk eight fourteen. Frozen Uncle fourteen rest in peace no longer with his uncle Couter three two.
Speaker 4: Well, Matt's in three three gutes deep.
Speaker 1: You've got to breathe down it's a bit hot, Coops was a little bit.
Speaker 4: What flavor did you go with? Guys? Good hot protein. Math is definitely in the lead. So okay, Matt's completed one.
Speaker 1: Cooper is just finish off his first Matthew is already a whole mouthful into his second pie.
Speaker 4: Could you'll have to lick that mince off your fingers?
Speaker 6: Mate?
Speaker 3: Oh no, he's really making a big effort here to be actually, Oh wow, we're more.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, a late resurgence coming on.
Speaker 4: Please, don't choke.
Speaker 6: Not a big mouth, Coop, You've got no idea.
Speaker 3: You're so inappropriate. Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Cooper, you will choke.
Speaker 4: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: That's dangerous.
Speaker 4: And the last swallow, Matt's a very good swallower.
Speaker 1: Wow, two minutes.
Speaker 4: Twenty nine, Well done, mate, Incredible, incredible.
Speaker 2: That hot hot dogg chapping Joey Chestnuts.
Speaker 5: He's just like, it's a pretty crazy skill to be able to smash our feed that quick.
Speaker 4: It's a fancy belt your throat goat now. Wow, yeah, you need that picture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is good.
Speaker 4: Take a photo.
Speaker 5: Stare straight down the bar of the camera. There you Joey Chestnut and he did.
Speaker 4: It with thunglasses on cute.
Speaker 1: How all right?
Speaker 5: Nice