Speaker 1: Guys, you might recognize our next guest from the gram. He travels the world well, checking out pubs and trying.
Speaker 2: This gun score six second set it scoring a Scoona where Hotel Sarento. Heir on the Colton draft out the tang four point six percent. Let's do it, Joe, want to see what's cannery? I do enjoy the Colon drafts hang there far better than the dry. This is much live there, much fresher they did us seven days.
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you what it is beautiful.
Speaker 4: Then than you is a nine point five.
Speaker 2: The bet seven point four will be having many.
Speaker 1: More nine point five. Well done Sorrento Hotel.
Speaker 5: I mean what a spot at.
Speaker 1: Spot Gerner scorer on the socials is got a real name. It is Alex and he joins us this morning, schooner.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the country, Ago. What would you like to like us to call you? Let's go to schooner.
Speaker 6: Let's see now you got down to Melbourne and hot footed it down to the Sorrento Hotel, which is a magnificent spot over summer much.
Speaker 5: Trouble did you get into down there? Have the one be up?
Speaker 4: Did we? I think you know the answer to that one. It was very, very fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we touched down what was it Friday evening? Yeah, I went straight there and Miles and Markets the owners were They rolled out the red carpet. We had a very good time. We livened up on those little ponies. First time I've ever had one of those ponies shots even smaller than a part. They're absolutely tiny, and they just hold downhole home sick. They just kept doing that and then enjoyed the rooftop. Absolutely unbelievable sun set up there, and then we hit a score downstairs.
Speaker 4: It's so nice.
Speaker 6: For those people who aren't familiar with you're I'm going to call it.
Speaker 4: Art, your art bullshit what most people call it.
Speaker 5: How did it start?
Speaker 6: How did you become famous for turning up to pubs smashing a beer and raiding it.
Speaker 5: How do you get that credibility?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure i'd say famous, But so I basically started doing sort of one take very views as a bit of a joke, as a dinner party trick, and then friends started filming and we put it online, but it was still very much a closed Instagram account. But I always just loved performing acting and the idea of running my own business.
Speaker 4: And then throughout that.
Speaker 3: Period I saw a chapter called Dave Portnoy reviewing One Bit Pizza Reviews, and I just saw the business that he created from it, and I thought, I'm going to do this but with the beer. And as I started to do it, or started very much as a private joke and very much a beer related channel, became more about the community and bringing people along and showcasing venues, and now you know, a couple of years on, it's really about finding the best venues in the world and drinking the best beers around the world to really like showcase almost where to go as well as great to drink.
Speaker 5: Feeling like I have to get up at four o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 7: Is a true that in that moment, it was like a penny drop moment you said to your mates, I'm going to quit my job.
Speaker 4: I reckon, I can make a livelihood out of this.
Speaker 3: So technically I'm still in a one year career break from what what was your commodity trading so.
Speaker 4: Commodity space, so it's very very different.
Speaker 3: I mean that was always quite sociable and everything else, but this has been kind of something that when I applied to go on Sabbatico that was very much in its infancy of student score around here is so like, really I was having a lot of fun with it, and I was able to travel from it, and I did hit a point where it's like, I'm going to just give this a go. I'm going to take a year off doing what I did and just give it a go. And I'm pertentially going back in March.
Speaker 1: April we talk numbers. How many followers you've got.
Speaker 3: Now over four hundred thousand I think across both platforms over and would.
Speaker 1: You be making more income out of this than what you were?
Speaker 6: This is a lot more fun, right, because are you getting flown around the world? Are you getting flown and taken to places or are you just going you know what, I'm going to go to Australia and do some reviews down there.
Speaker 3: Mostly I'm just going out. I want to go here, I want to try and grow the channel. Any little bit of cash I get I invest it back in. So yeah, mainly it's just paying myself for to go travel the world and showcase the very best. And I've always said like whenever you're growing something that the commercials will come.
Speaker 6: So I worry about the most important. Are you handing over you ten bucks for your beer? Are you getting free beer every.
Speaker 4: Weeks the time I paid for pretty much? All? Yeah? Keeps it, keeps it non biased.
Speaker 3: I mean, after I've done a review, sometimes they'll invite me back. You know what, we just saw that online, Thank you so much. A lot of times I'll rocket to this venue without even letting them know, and I'll just rip a score. Like yesterday we did the.
Speaker 4: Marquie of Lawn, didn't. I don't know those guys.
Speaker 3: I just put it on my schooner Social let a few people know that i'd be there, and an awesome crowd from Melbourne came and we did a review. But I didn't meet anyone there or no, they didn't know it. And you know, I learned about the beer I was scoring. I was actually scoring one from near Sorrento, which it was called Foam Thanks Brewery.
Speaker 4: It's a premium pills. It's a lovely drop.
Speaker 3: But again, I'm not reaching out to that beer brand and telling them I'm doing it, or reaching out to that venue.
Speaker 5: Because then how do you give them a shitty review?
Speaker 4: Question?
Speaker 7: Is is it a fearless review? If it tastes like piss. Are you going to say it tastes like piss? That's a one out of tick?
Speaker 3: I would, But what I'm you know, people generally are there's so much negativity online. I try and just score the best beers and the best venues. So when I don't like a beer, I just don't review it. And similarly, if I don't like the look of a venue or the feel of a venue, I don't.
Speaker 5: Like everyone's turned up.
Speaker 6: You have a swig and you're like, okay, i'st save myself up.
Speaker 5: It's really bad.
Speaker 3: And you know, especially I guess with Guinness because sometimes there's a lot of undue or you know, hype about a venue and it's sort of I will sort of give an honest review, which might be lower than they would expect, and I think that is important to remain unbiased.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if it's just because we've got an Irish lad on the tea, but I feel like Guinness is just had a resurgence. Now where do you see?
Speaker 4: That's probably because you've only tried it in Australia.
Speaker 6: That's true. I've had it in Dublin and I thought it was equally as foul Australians love there be like proud beer drinkers are everywhere in this country, so you could rat rattlesome fitters here.
Speaker 5: What is the best Aussie bee you've.
Speaker 3: Had so for me, I've been here two and a half weeks. My favorite ones I've tried so far are four pines, pearlser bolts of brewers do some fantastic stone and wood, crisp schooner of cart and draft. Well, I mean that's what I scored at Sorrento. Out the tank, So out the tank it is a lot better because it's on pest. It's it's pushed with compressed air and not CO two, so you get much livelier fresh as it's as the brewers would have it. So that is I know that that is the bear of Victoria of Melbourne and it is. Yeah, I scored it at seven four. I think that's the best of that be I can get. But it is something that you would just drink all day.
Speaker 5: What about a four x gold jas x queens Man.
Speaker 3: I got booted out of Brisbane when I scored it at three point four. I posted that and got on the flight out of it.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, it's pretty high for a four X.
Speaker 4: Okay, it just best big you've had anywhere in the world. What is it? Where is it?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 4: For me, I drink a lot of Guinness.
Speaker 3: I don't, but I choose not to drink it in Australia because I don't really rate it here.
Speaker 1: Is it that different?
Speaker 4: It is? Yeah, it is, it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, but even in Ireland and UK, you know, it differs massively by the location of all systems and sets that they have and all the rest of it, how they pull it, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Hey, we are on the air with the Schooner Score this morning. It's got a massive following online. He travels the world trying pubs and drinking beers, and coming up next we're going to have very own taste tests for your Schooner.
Speaker 7: Man we've got in studio this morning is the Schooner Scorer. He travels the world judging beers and pubs.
Speaker 1: Just quickly, you come to my attention when I saw the video of you trying beers at Old Mates, the Aussie pub in New York. He had Steve Smith on the back of an electric bike.
Speaker 4: When you pulled up or a legend.
Speaker 1: How how are these little co labs coming about?
Speaker 4: Often it's everything that we do really is last minute.
Speaker 3: I'd love to say that, you know, everything's well organized and planned. So yeah, Steve reached out on the day, so old Mates put a poster and I posted on my schooner social like last minute location, drop come meet here. Steve had seen either post and just messed me saying, I see her at old Mates, good mates mine own that.
Speaker 4: Let me let me drop you off on the bike.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, right, So we met for a bear before and then yeah, it just ripped up on the bike and it was all one take and he was you know, he was away again and.
Speaker 7: It was a lot of fun. I love how do you look like that and have a beard? Billy, Like, how are you like?
Speaker 3: Well, I'd run every day and it's really instant to do the balance, especially noise and whatever else. And but also saying we're we're talking about this the other day with Pat and it's like we're never sat on our asses drinking. We're out all the time, just partying, running around, going from A to B. So it's not like I'm just sat on the sofa drinking.
Speaker 5: Become the master of a hangover. Do you not get them?
Speaker 4: God, I'm just good at covering it up.
Speaker 3: But I mean, look, you drink a lot of water, you run it off, you look after yourself, and you know it's about the balance.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 3: I'm always saying, like drink reviews, not drunk reviews. So I try and you.
Speaker 5: Know the Melbourne Cup one champagne, one water, yes.
Speaker 4: Very wide clean.
Speaker 1: In between she drinks a lot of water, bottles of water.
Speaker 6: Finally, before we let you go, where is the best pub in the world?
Speaker 3: The best pub in the world, I tell you what, Sorrenzo is probably up there with one of the best. Yeah, I love sort of those at Prey bar venues that you get in Switzers and old Mates in New York as well, we'll give we'll give that on a shout out one of my favorite ones. And there's some absolute unbelievable establishments in London. But yeah, i'd say for for Australia my two favorites.
Speaker 4: I quite like the Miter Tavern in Melbourne. That's when we went on there. You go there?
Speaker 5: Did they ever draw that ruffle? We bought one hundred. They sell them all the time.
Speaker 4: The raffle winners. They're keeping hold of that prize.
Speaker 5: Maybe we're trying to win a keg of fire ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the security guards into us. Mate, they never actually draw the raffle.
Speaker 4: Is that what it's called? That place.
Speaker 3: Rose Bay in Sydney. That that's the stat that I love that club Rose Bay. It's very Hotel Serrento vibes. That's awesome, that's one of the best venues. Should we get him to try something.
Speaker 1: Now, we'll point out we can't do the beers breakfasts. Come up with a variation.
Speaker 4: You ever had Milo? What the hell is that you never had Milo?
Speaker 1: This is a you know, like lactoast in tolerant or anything.
Speaker 4: Well, no, but all the clumps at the top. Okay, that's part. That's all. That's all part of the beauty of.
Speaker 7: Miloslo is a bit of a breakfast drink, would you a Greek guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, and it's it's it's a fast milk that you sort of used from a mother's milk. Is mother's milk.
Speaker 1: It's like a crunchy chocolate milkshop. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we want to.
Speaker 5: Don't scarll it, don't scull it.
Speaker 4: You can scull it.
Speaker 1: You can scull it.
Speaker 4: You sound like my mother when I was starting the channel.
Speaker 7: I am the mother, but it might need a bit of drinking. And this is how we have it. Really, it's clumpy on the top.
Speaker 1: I'll play the music. You do the official lead in what she said called Milo. Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, all right? Soon to score a hair six second sippets scoring and Milo.
Speaker 3: We're here over one hundred having an unbelievable morning with the legends around the table. What I have got in front of me is a Milo chocolate milk, apparently as a kid's breakfast. But we're going to give it a go. Anyway, let's see on it one schooner. Let's see the score my.
Speaker 1: Milk.
Speaker 4: I can't do the clumps.
Speaker 3: What are the calendar clumps on batn chew it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: I was meant to chew eat the schooner thoughts anyway? Okay, Well six seconds of review, they're well, a little bit clumpy, but not as smooth as a midnight groove. I'd say that did not go down the hole like home sign. That was rather a bit heavy for my liking. I'm going to score it a four point one.
Speaker 4: That's better than four. I'm actually dagging. I was preferring the flat white. I have my other hand, but yeh.
Speaker 1: Scoon a scorer on socials go and checking me out, Fleks. Thanks for comingy mate, You're a good lad.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Appreciate it. Jason Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials