Speaker 1: From the sky in center. This is Paul Murray Live. I didn't win Powerable either. Apparently the winner is somebody in South Australia. So if in the next couple of days your next door neighbors just bought a brand new boat after last week win have enough money, that might be the little giveaway. But like many Australians, that frustration what was it, one hundred and fifty million bucks was on the table. One of the joys of the lottos and all the rest of it is, Look, you know you're not going to win, but in the time between when you buy the ticket and I still go into what you know, if there's a news agency that's still around within twenty five kilometers of joint, I still go in and get the physical ticket, and you know, just for a day you can think about the cars you might buy one hundred and fifty mil, the houses you might be able to buy. And the good news about those houses is that under the Albanese government you will get a credit for your power because those houses are apparently just the same as the one bedroom housing commissioned once. Oh, you'd be thinking that we're going to travel like don't get me wrong, let's still work. I'd bring a camera with me, but it'd be like, good anything tonight from New York. We'd be doing a lot of shows from Las Vegas. I wouldn't lie. But of course, you know, reality now sits in and we're back to our normal lives and the fantasy is over. However, if you happen to work for the Department of Agriculture, there's something that they have built into their workplace that is really going to soothe the pain. Lego. Yeah, how's this? Apparently the Department of Agriculture lets their staff play with Lego and jigsaw puzzles to quote distress. So firstly you pay them to work there, but then when you know they're just feeling a bit stressy, it's time to go off and make Lego. Well done to the Telegraph here because they have seen photos apparently of the activity tables that are set up by the Federal Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestries at Agriculture House in Canberra, and the people who apparently saw it were a little shocked at the time, which is in part why they told the paper. The visitors were told the elaborate jigsaw puzzles on multipiece Lego World tables were set up in rooms for staff to play when they're feeling strengthed on need time out. Look, i don't know what you did for a job, but I'm pretty sure you don't even have time in the day to just pull over to the side of the road start putting some lego together. You just walk out of the office. No, sorry, I'm out of here. I just need to do a bit of puzzle work. Can I see the photos please? Now, these are the actual photos of the actual lego tables that are there to destress the workers of the Agriculture de Parma. If that's not enough, this is the jigsaw puce. These are adults, the adults working in the agriculture department. Now again, when people saw this, they were astonished to see the setup and they asked staff if they were serious. It was put to them that it worked something like a timeouts, time out space or a zen garden. Who's got a zen garden at work? Imagine that on the building side. Sorry, fellas, just one second. I don't know why they're English, but you get the point. I'm just gonna go to the zen garden. It's hilarious, like a kid's preschool set up for snowflake, says the person who reported this to the paper. Asked about how much the destressing lego and puzzle game space actually cost when it was introduced and its purpose a departmental spokesperson. So again, somebody probably has access of the playground. The the Public's National Office Agriculture House has various formal such as meeting rooms and informal collaboration and breakout spaces such as lunch rooms and casual seating. Yeah, but anyway about the lego. Remember this government gave itself the highest pay rise in ten years if you're a politician, the highest pay rise if you're a public servant in ten years. But due to the stress of having to come into the office and not working from home, like way too many public servants still do, I just need to go place the lego. Here's an idea if you'd like to actually understand what it's like to be stressful. If you live in the Agriculture department, baby, you should go and do a thing called farming. Actually go and have a look at how agriculture actually works. You reckon that. Anyone on the back of a track has got time to do a crossword puzzle or somebody milking a coward to get up at birds this morning and to morrow and the day after and the day after, including the weekends, has that option, of course, not other people's money, other people's priorities, and sadly yet to get an example about the people who regulate everything, tell you what you can't do. Can't make it through a day without playing like a toddler. Speaking of in terms of effectiveness, remember Matt Kean. Matt Kean was the Energy and Climate Minister in the former nusiba's government before his factional power meant that he ended up being the Treasurer of New South Wales. Now he is somebody who claims in his heart of hearts to be all about renewables. We know at one point in time he tried to bring the ghost back, remember as a special advisor to the Nussoba's government, but it didn't happen. And his time when he was the Climate and Energy Minister in New South Wales at the top, what we.
Speaker 2: Want to see is there is an opportunity for people to reduce their energy usage.
Speaker 3: So perhaps not using the dishwasher until you go to bed that would help.
Speaker 1: What a surprise they lost the election that you are paying through the roof for access to the power grid. But because people like Matt Kean believe that we need to get away from the system that worked to the one that might eventually fingers crossed hopefully at work and cost are trillion dollars to do so that you know, there'll just be little moments where we have to ration power like it's the Second World War. Please, Now, as you know, the reality is is that some similar warnings have been put place, put forward for the past two summers, and get ready for the third summer. Now. Now, the reason we haven't had blackouts for the past two summers since his ideological mate Chris Bowen, Yes, I know, the Liberal Party guy who agrees with the Labor Party guy. What a massive surprise, Uni Party, Uni Party. But still they have said that the grid's held up fine for the past couple of years. But the preparation is that yet again hot summer, we're going to have blackouts. Why because the past two summers, of course, we've had colder and wetter summers, which means people haven't all been reaching on that one day or two days or a few days in a week for the air conditioners, but most likely that's going to happen. So in order for New South Wales not to have a scenario where when everyone reaches for the air conditioner that the power will just collapse. As you know by now that Use of Wales government, the Labor government has done what that bloke Matt Kean wasn't willing to do when the Liberal government was in power for the best part of what twelve a dozen years or so, and that's to actually extend the life of a qual fire power plant, in fact, one of the oldest in the country, the Aururing power Plant needs to stay on board because lots of state governments around the country have of course blown them up. They're blown up what used to work because you know, we've got to do something about climate change, the one percent of the world's problem that Australian is. But in the meantime you need to turn off your appliances while we spend huge amounts of money moving to a new system. Well, thankfully again news and Weal's government under Chris Mins, who is playing the Labor Prime Minister Anthony Alberinezi offer break showing the reality that we are in a transition, and the transition means we have to have gas or coal fire power to be able to prop up the system until not only there's enough renewable energy built, but enough renewable storage built. And as you know, people will now be penalized under some power companies, particularly in New South Wales if they have solar panels, but they don't have a battery worth quite a few thousand dollars in their garage to store the power. So in the meantime, the best part of what half a billion dollars otherwise known as a voice referendum, is how much it will cost to keep the car fire pouersation going. Not for another twenty years, by the way, just till twenty seven.
Speaker 4: The New South Wales government has secured an agreement with Origin Energy to operate the Aurarring Power Station until August twenty twenty seven. This temporary and targeted agreement will ensure the lights stay on while we manage an orderly exit from qualified power.
Speaker 1: Now, of course, there is another way we could get baseload power, and that would be nuclear power. Just like many other G twenty or G eight nations, many countries across Europe are able to pretend that they can be supported by renewable power because what actually is pumping things is none other than nucular power. Now, as you've heard this week, the CSIRO has come out and said too expensive, it'll take too long. AI, there's a cost of transition. Well, that, of course has been my argument for what fifteen years, But those who believe in a renewable future always ignore the cost of transition to that future, and that will be paid for by one of two things, the government or customers. And interestingly, the cost of transition argument is the exact one being used by the left left to say why nuclear power is not the option. In fact, on Criche today, Dutton's nuclear would spike electricity prices when and if it was able to start in the twenty forties. Well, breaking news to them and anyone else who is of the belief that the reason we can't go the new grout is because the cost of transition. We have been involved in a transition of our power grid at the moment, and it has cost, as the CSIRO told us, once a trillion dollars. Now they've magically halved it to five hundred billion dollars, where several green groups will tell you that, of course the building of renewables ends up costing hundreds of billions of dollars. It takes up way more space. We all know that the life cycle of the solar panels is not great. The solar panels come from slave labor in China, but don't tell anyone. So I like, the argument is, don't go what dud wants to do, because it'll be end up with higher electric city prices because you have to pay to build it. My exact argument about the cost of transition, which has always been the central issue, not about whether Australia needed to change, but if somebody had to be honest about what that change would be. Isn't it amazing when the change is the one they don't want, suddenly it costs a lot of money. But as you know right now, as anyone who's paid a power bill anytime in the past what ten years, knows that one of the reasons they keep going up and up, up, up, is because the system that has worked is being replaced by the one that fingers crossed will work into the future. But don't worry. When it's all over, it'll be cheaper. Sure, we've got to get rid of Andrew Giles, the Immigration minister. Got to boot this bloke. He is not up to it. I unkindly refer to him as an idiot as a minister because he is. Now, as you know, there has been literally crimes, assaults, bashings and now a murder, and police have accused people who were formally in detention of being the people responsible. Obviously a corp will decide if they are. But let's have a look here. A person, of course has been charged with murder who should never never have been allowed out of immigration detention, but they were allowed out of immigration detention. And when they were not in immigration detention, of course they should have had an ankle bracelet, but they didn't end up having the ankle bracelet. Now this is as serious as it gets, literally a loss of life and the police believing that someone who the Immigration Minister had the capacity to deny bail, or deny release from immigration detention or put them back in immigration detention because of a whole series of other things that are alleged to have happened before this day. But Andrew Giles gets to stand there and the Westminster system of ministerial accountability does not apply to him because he is a factional mate of the Prime Minister, because he is of the left of the Labor Party, he has the stones to say this again, not my faile.
Speaker 5: The AAT made a decision to overturn it, and they did so notwithstanding the directions which put a very high priority on community safety.
Speaker 1: Now I've heard this before that there's an independent board and the independent board made the wrong decision. As we've shown you before, he has ultimate oversight. That board is able to report up to him as something on serious matters. So again his argument is either incompetence or incompetence. And now police believe that there is a person who he could have stopped from being in the community who they believed to be allegedly responsible for a murder. But of course it's not just the first time. Remember the guy in Western Australia who of course didn't end up having the ankle braces that you should have had on and federal prosecutors were argued against him getting bail before before he was out and about in the community. And of course it is alleged to have bashed a woman in her seventies in Western Australia. Oh no, that's not my fault. I had nothing to do with me. Well, then, of course there's the scenario where this government, this minister with the people who were brought out as a result of the High Court. Remember they could have just done it one at a time, but they decided no, holess Bowlers that many of the people who had broken the rules since coming out, well all of them got completely forgiven. Why because they had been given the wrong visa. Now remember they tried to blame that back on the Abbot government, but it was actually the Guillard government that created part of the problem that was ultimately overturned. Then there was also the scenario where the invalid visas again resulted in former de tenees who breached the visa conditions escaping because oh sorry, we got the paperwork wrong. Then there was the scenario again about a number of people who basically have gone unpunished. The Australian Newspaper has obtained a copy of the list of the Australian Federal Police's charges that had been abandoned in March because of these sorry we let you out on the wrong visa. One hundred and fifty two detainees it was at the time. The document shows one of the individuals have been charged with ten separate counts of breaching curfew. Now remember the punishment for that is like about one hundred thousand dollar fine and one year in jail. But because this bloke, this department got the visa wrong, they get to walk. Now again, this bloke has to go. He's got to go because of the legitimate dangers that exist to the community. But he has to go as responsibility for a system that how many times does he get a do over him and clueless Claire O'Neil of course his immediate boss. Before we get to the Prime minister. Well, remember they actually released people after the High Court decision without any visa whatsoever, let alone the visa that they then had to replace with another visa because that visa was wrong. Andrew Giles must go. Now, I know the newcast smell that doesn't exist anymore around this government because there is no newcast smell after two years. But when there is literally a trail of victims in the community and you have provided over a system that has failed this many times, even if he is the Prime Minister's mate, he has to pay a price. There has to be a reshuffle, he has to be moved around, or more importantly, actual accountability would be that he would be sacked as a minister appoint The Liberal parties were making for some time now about this blow.
Speaker 3: It is chaos. It is time to move on, It is time to change the approach. It is time to be tougher on this situation. We're constantly being told this. People are being monitored all the time, and yet offense after offense is alleged to have been committed by the same group. This is abject chaos and it's time for the Prime Minister to act.
Speaker 1: Ye bloody Earth. Well done Zoie and well done Chris Kenny. Well done to all boy collegues here at Sky News who have remained absolutely vigil and on this issue. Same cannot be said for the people actually responsible, including both of the ministers or a Prime Minister who remembered I don't know anything about this stuff. Now I want to get into the weeds on an issue that in and around Queensland. One of the many reasons why that Miles government seems like it is headed for the wood Chapper out the upcoming election, and rightly so. Has been one of the many failures in and around the health system. How many times in a row have I talked about the hospital ramping, the people dying, the issues in regional Queensland where people who deserve much better medical treatment don't end up getting the medical treatment, On and on it goes. Well, this one is an example of politicians who want to change the subject to something that isn't their actual responsibility. Enter into this the current Health Minister, Shannon Fentaman and the shadow Health Minister who would look forward to replacing her at the upcoming election. As always, this matter comes up in Parliament and it particularly came up around the maternity services that are completely collapsing as we speak in parts of Queensland where literally women in certain sections of queens don't have to travel at incredible distances to have a baby. Not acceptable. You're a taxpayer. You should be able to have a barb at your local hospital. Well, Shannon Fentnaman was being asked about this failure in question time by the shadow Health Minister and you can see that she is answering, and then the shadow Health Minister yells something out and then what Shannon Fenjaman go, oh great, I can turn this into a Twitter pylon.
Speaker 6: Can I say that all of those mums.
Speaker 1: Across your legs get screened out? Now, remember in the Federal Parliament this was pretty grubby stuff and it was being thrown around by Lydia Thorpe. Remember that scenario. Well, let's now watch Shannon Fentaman, who is on the losing side of the argument because she is the one who has failed to protect people when it comes to the hospital system all the way from people who want to have babies through to people who are literally dying in the back of ambulances because forty five percent of people have to wait in the back of an ambulance before they can get anywhere near a hospital bed because there's not enough hospital beds. When the speaker notices what's been said, what Shannon Fentaman and the penny drop for her, I can turn this into, as I say, a Twitter PYLONMB mad Bamber Buderba, you will understanding as to withdraw a comment? Are we try? You've never seen a person so offended and simultaneously happy at the same time. How good is this week? And change the subject? Well, for her part, the opposition Healths spokesperson who shouldn't have yelled at what she yelled out, which is why she withdrew it well. She has said that one of the reasons she yelled at what she was yelling at was not something sort of sexual or offensive to women. She claims that the reason that she did it was because of the number of women who have to delay birth, potentially because of the failures of the queens and health system. With Labor suggesting women could just bypass their local hospital and go to another hospital to give birth. I could not believe Labour was telling mothers to cross your legs while in labor. That was the comment that she made, But it didn't matter because you see, you had the comment being yelled from the evil Liberal Party, the uber feminist who wanted to be premiere. But of course Stephen Miles ended up with the numbers, so she's got a weight to be maybe the opposition leader after the next election if the polls are right. Well, she was often running on Twitter.
Speaker 7: Entry rules.
Speaker 1: I now have to repost the video with the correct captions.
Speaker 3: Whether it's cross or close your legs, it's still a barrnt, completely insulting.
Speaker 1: So if you have liked to comment or shared the video.
Speaker 5: Please do so again.
Speaker 1: Remember the debate is about the failures of the health system, but let's turn it into moral outrage about what is being said inside the Parliament and then immediately goes off runs on Twitter and well, we can't possibly elect these people. They don't understand when you know the usual garbage. Well, of course the Twitter pylon works. People start screaming and carrying on, and of course it doesn't matter whether they're in Queensland, or they're just former Queenslanders or potential Queenslanders or people just angry doom scrolling in the middle of the night from Tasmania. The pylon begins. So of course we get this from the shadow Health Minister.
Speaker 8: I have received viral messages and threats of violence on my phone, my email, my social media there and Smilvius as a childhood victim of domestic family violence, these threats have been terrifying. I now ask that the incitement of these threats and stop, and plead with the Health Minister and others to take down her misleading and deceitful videos.
Speaker 1: Now she's right about pushing back on the outrage. She also has her own personal story to tell. But you saw in that exchange there that the reason I shouldn't be part of the PILM is because of what's happened to me in the past. The reason there should be a PILM is because we need to change the subject from what we're actually debating in the parliament now. Queens Landers will not be voting on this exchange this week, but it is a perfect example about a despirit government that is in the hole, down in the polls and has no record to run on when it comes specifically to issues of health. It's what I warn people about consistently about as bad as this government is, the Labor Party in Queensande is very good at playing politics at quick distraction over here, very good at trying to make mistakes of the opposition real or imagined in the couple of months before an election as the reason that they should remain with another four years in power, to only make things worse than the last time that they were in power. Oh yeah, All MPs have been told to be careful about what they do on the socials, but the Shadow Health Minister is the one who, of course has now been referred to the Ethics Committee for her behavior in parliament as opposed to Shannon Fentaman deliberately trying to change the subject. This would be the same Ethics committee that of course had no judgment on the premiere when he was caught lying to the Parliament directly lying to the parliament. Of course, there's no upper house. The government has the numbers. Will be a kangaroo court that will of course try to extend the issue as a way of distracting from their own failures, which mount by the day. Now on the show were back in small business. We're back in small business because obviously it is the type of family I was brought up in and it is the absolute heart of our country. I have endless respect for people who go all in and they back themselves. Now, of course this government has no idea about small business. Why do I say that because there are only two count the two members of the Abanezy cabinet that actually claimed to have any experience whatsoever in small business. One of them is Don Farrell, who had his own wine label when he was out of the Parliament for a couple of years. The other is Tony Burke, but I don't know exactly what he does, even doesn't mention it in his actual bios. That's it. The rest of them were either staffers or staffers or staffers or union staffers, or union lawyers or union del They don't have experience in small business. Small business remember, to the modern Labor Party unnecessary because their idea to build a permanent majority like they seek to building Queensland like they have built to this point in Victoria is that you are either dependent on the government when it comes to welfare. That's why you vote for them. Yeah, dependent on the government because you work for the government. The number of public servants has exploded in both states since labor came to power. And the third is that if you are in business, your biggest client will be the government. Therefore, small business or are not part of that all whatsoever whatever, which is why when Jim Charmers stood up in the budget, not this budget, but the one before that twelve months ago, you know, the same budget where they took fifteen hundred dollars off ten million workers as the part of the instant as part of the instant tax return. You know that budget. Well, they made a decision that they were going to a continuous system where people were able to claim for the small business thousands of dollars on stuff for their small business and then we're able to write it off against their tax. Well guess what small businesses now, I think they won't be able to do that about the year that's just gone. Why because the piece of legislation required to pass last budgets stuff is currently locked up and stuck in the Senate. It's never been passed. The run out of time and people who invested money, assuming they'd be able to claim it back, will now be thousands of dollars in the whole. My suggestion for how they might be able to actually get the government to give them back what was promised. Maybe delay for you the Prime Minister getting not one but two private jets. Yeah, it's talked about it again, talking about it every day. I can oh. Week are about cost of living, and wikare about small business, and weecare about welfare ps. We're getting private jets. You're getting thirty six bucks a week or twenty five dollars in power credits plus. Now, as you know, I'm more obsessed with the American politics the UK politics. It's just my flavor. It's just what I'm into, and I get into all the data and details, and I talk about the swing states and this and that. It's just a thing. I really like it. But of course the UK is about to have its election. Richie Sunak made the decision to have an early election because he had hoped that basically the Labour Party, the machinery of it is not quite right. But the election is not until July, so I think they'll be able to work it out. I've got to say I felt for the poor bloke wh're clearly he's going to make an announcement. Once you've said you're going to make an announcement, you have to make the announcement. Rain, Hail or Shine perhaps could have taken it inside. But still, why does everyone say that this thing is a foregone conclusion. Let me show you the polls, because currently seven out of ten people in Britain believe that Keir Starmer will be the next prime minister because Labor will win the election. But also, how do we get to that point in time? Because the current prime minister, well, fifty five percent say that he is incompetent, fifty six percent say is indecisive, fifty nine percent is untrustworthy, sixty one percent say is week and fifty four percent say that he is dislikable. And as for the primary vote in the system right now, it's basically two to one of Labor in front of the Conservatives, and their system works that whoever has the highest votes wins the seats, no preferences. By the way, if we had this system, we'd have a lot more liberal governments than we currently have under our system. And speaking of the American election, his Holiness the Pope has found a way to have an opinion about one of the key, if not big issues coming up at the next election in the United States up in November. And of course it's to do with the border. It's to do with the literally what nine million cadom nine million people who have crossed over that border since Joe Biden, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris came to power. It's a disgraceful number and it's one of the big reasons why well, lots of people in places that you wouldn't expect to thinking to vote Trump because nine million people as a lot of people who are coming in to the country. And recently, I take a news presenta cluse one of the version of the six pmes Raders was sitting down and having a conversation with his Holiness, and after we get a story about her, he has a story about him.
Speaker 7: My grandparents were Catholic, immigrated from Northern Ireland in the nineteen thirties to the United States seeking a better life. And I know your family too, fled fascism. And you have talked about with migrants, many of them children, that you encourage governments to build bridges not walls.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, the actual Pope says.
Speaker 7: I grew up in Texas, and I don't know if you've heard, but the state of Texas is attempting to shut down a Catholic charity on the border with Mexico that offers undocumented migrants humanitarian assistance. What do you think of that?
Speaker 1: Look? That is madness, sheer madness to close the border and leave them there. That is madness. Easy for him to say, now technically, not technically, but Vatican City it's kind of like a country within a country. Remember, So what do you think the Pope would do if nine million people decided to just park themselves in the middle of the Vatican not leave when it's time to leave, and say no, we're going to live here. Do you reckon that'll be happening anytime soon? Easy for him to say what should be happening in America when he knows it wouldn't happen where he lives. Quick break back with more plea to talk about, including who's the winner and loser of the week, and a very special guest will join us before we're done tonight. So believe me, you're gonna love tonight's show and I'm glad you'd thanks for watching beautiful people and speaking oh of Lisa Godar joins us now in Brisbane. Michael Kroger joins us in Melbourne. Hello to you both now, Michael, I'll start with you every day there is some think peace somewhere in the great spin of the Australian media that basically runs the narrative of people over a certain age. Baby boomers have never had it better, got their feed up, spending lots of money, and it's their kids and grandkids that end up getting affected here you know again, we'll show you some of these that are coming up right now. Now. There's people I think Ross Gano came out today and said, oh, you know, it's harder to be young now. Than it was back then, all the rest of it, right, But what do you think about the politics of this, because you know many people watching us right now will be in that group that supposedly the evil ones that are ruining the country. Well, hang on, aren't they also the ones who did a lot of work, who've taken care of their parents, who were literally their primary care as before their parents passed away. They're the ones who went without their kids Generation X was able to have their life. I hate this stuff. What do you think when you read it? And do you think there's a political element to this as opposed to sort of looking and dissecting a financial.
Speaker 2: Problem over what age are we talking about? By the way, Paul, this is the baby boom m that probably includes people like me things, So I just wanted to be clarify that, mate. So, well, what you're saying is right, you know, of course, you know people make sacrifices. But I think the other point I'd make is this that COVID has taught older people not to waste time. You know, we're not getting any younger. Life is very short. If you've made decisions and you won't change those decisions, you are stuck with them and may not be too much longer. So you know, life can end very, very abruptly. And so I think a lot of older people because of COVID are thinking, well, we've seen the shocking deaths of so many people during the pandemic. You know, heart disease, etc. Could happen to anybody. So I think people of an older generation are probably spending up because you know, the sands of time mate are passing through the hourglass.
Speaker 1: But also, Lisa, they're allowed to This is what I find so frustrating about all they're allowed to write. You know, I won't divulge the personal circumstances of my parents, but jeez, they were involved in the care of their parents, you know, my stepdad the same. Like the idea that basically, oh, how good's this we've inherit at mum and dad's house and all of them. But it's just rubbish. It's rubbish, exactly.
Speaker 9: And firstly, Paul, thank you for sending that to michaels Way instead of me first tonight. Exactly anyway, and I absolutely agree. I know how hard my parents have worked, for example, and look, they certainly are out there living the high life at all. They've owned their home. They've worked hard to get.
Speaker 1: To that point.
Speaker 9: But you know, if you have got the money there, Michael's right, you go out and enjoy it and spend it. And but the young people today need to learn that they need to knuckle down a bit and not have that the dream home that's going to be in the inner city. They have to accept that they're going to have to live in the outer suburbs. And I'm sorry, if your older parents want to go out and enjoy their life, do it. Because on the flip side of this is a reality that the largest sector of this society that's found themselves homeless are women over the age of fifteen life. They're the sorts of surveys that we should be looking at, not the ones that are saying, oh, you know, here are these people who have worked hard and tut tut tut. They're out there enjoying their life and spending money on travel, and the young people can't afford their avocado on toast.
Speaker 1: Well again, let alone the divorced bloke who worked way longer than he whishpper. I mean, yeah, this is so when this generation just gets all put in one basket as demographics to cheese. It's insulting to people. So anyway, I think it's worth talking about it now. Surprise, surprise, but apparently there's a cost of transition when you move from one source of energy to another. Michael I was shocked by this. The CSIRO, of course put a price on nuclear energy. Well, the CSIRO also put a price on renewable energy, and the price on renewable energy was one t for trillion dollars, but now that's been half to only half a trillion dollars. The politics here, Peter Dutton is teasing out elements of this in his Budget and reply speech. If anyone was actually paying attention to the detail about this subject, he said, the locations for these things will be existing power plants, all right. The idea that one's coming to a suburbaning you is garbage, right. The plan is if there used to be a cop fire power station, and maybe there'll be a giant battery. Battery gets the biscuit and then that's what's going to go in. So people who've always lived next to a powerplant will be the ones that potentially you would be living next to a new form of it. But don't you love the lefties now cost of transition matters. Michael hmm.
Speaker 2: But by the way, when you love it, if you Announcedutton announced one was going to one of the teal seats as he won't do that. But anyway, look, mate, I just can't help thinking this whole renewal debate is just like running into a fog still. I mean, every day where there's potential blackouts that are not we've got you know, the end you make it, regulator warning warning about power shortages, et cetera, et cetera. We've got Bowen spending a fortune. The coal fire power changes are evil, but no we need them. You know we need more gas, No we don't. You know, we're living off the back of revenues from coal and liquid natural gas exports and iron ore exports. You know, we've got all in major OECD countries in the world going nuclear. But no, it's a terrible thing. Oh okay, but we're having nuclear subs but nuclear power is terrible. I mean, it's just all a fog, this debate, and I think the average person their head is spinning, particularly when Albaut promises big savings off your inergy ability easy too, Soony five, I know you're not I think people are looking for some kind of clarity. Bowen just puts everyone's head into a spin. Dutton's got sort of some clarity about what he's saying. He seems to have a roadmap to go forward, which he's releasing piecemeal. And look, ma, I'm not the fan of the CSIRA that I was twenty or thirty years ago. Since they predicted fifteen or so years ago that we're all going to run out of water in all the major cities. They seem to have taken the alarmist view on global warming and they've just damaged their credibility in recent years. They're not who they were. So Dutton's giving us some clarity. I'm not sure abo is. And I think every time Chris Bowen gets before a microphone and his very excited manner, he turns people off. Mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm absolutely with you, Lisa. Can I talk about that? She said? She said thing in and around the Queensland Parliament this week. Again, you could not have seen a more offended person have an internal smile than Fentamen. And then the shadow in turning around and saying hey stop the pile on brings up her history. All right, it's not a great day for everyone, but still does it not give you an insight into how frankly politically craven I think the Labour Party is in Queensland here where they're going great. We don't have to talk about hospitals. Let's talk about how mean the shadow Health Minister is.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you've got hospital ramping sitting at about last time I checked forty five point five percent. But what they're making a deal out of now is trying to get Twitter followers and ex followers and Instagram and Facebook shares pushed out there to take a swipe at the opposition. So I think look, Ross Bates said and clarified it that she said cross your legs. Obviously the government said it was something very different which wasn't appropriate.
Speaker 1: It's just mucky.
Speaker 6: It's just murky.
Speaker 9: And the Speaker of the House made a very good point where he said that you now have these content creators who are after a good copy and that's exactly what this has come down to. It's clickbait. They're using the floor of Parliament for clickbait and that's what we've come down to. Now, while you've got women pregnant women around this state in regional areas unable to get.
Speaker 1: To a hospital.
Speaker 9: So I just if you think I looked at that and went, you know what, if you're sitting in a pub out in regional Queensland somewhere and someone spoke about someone being close to giving birth, you may very well hear them so well they're better cross their legs before they can get to hospital.
Speaker 1: Correct. Look, normal people say things that the polite world doesn't actually talk about anymore, and that's certainly what clueing is being said in that moment. Now I'm going to get to winners and losers, because god a sense, Michael, who your winner and loser is going to be and your loser is going to? Maybe take a little time to explain, who do you think is your winner and loser this week?
Speaker 2: No, you got that wrong. The winner today is, obviously tonight is the person in Adelaide. Yes, who's collected the whole one hundred and fifty million dollars in Powerball one winner unless we've got an Adelaide address made at eight US. Congratulations to that person. Congratulations of that person on winning that. And I'd have to say the lose of the week, Rushie Sunak, the British Prime Minister. That was just a train wrecking of an interview. And if I saw all your stats before, and if you can, you can sum up sunk in one stat There was a poll published showing have they done a good job or a bad job? In immigration right typical core conservative issue. Eight percent thought he was doing a good job. Eighty four percent said he was not. Rushie Sunac is down with Stephen Miles in the category of where I remember Steve Carell that famous point in the movie of over the stock market crash he said zero zero and that's no not margin called the big short. He said zero. Remember he was that that continent in Las Vegas. Russy Schunek is with your friend Steven Miles down in the category of zero chants of being re elected.
Speaker 1: I am with you, I am with you? Orright, Lisa Winter a loser we shall see.
Speaker 9: Winner is the lady that was in the media yesterday who went from living in a tent in this city into a house because of the Salvation Army. And I think every other person that the Salvation Army is out there trying to put a roof over their heads, while the government, like you say, focuses on Twitter fights and cheap social media shots and the loser, well, Paul, it was going to be the fact that I thought it'd be parochial. In Queensland, there's now a church taking the four Ex Brewery to court over a decision that is going to try and stop them expanding the brewery and creating more drinks apart from the beer. But after listening to your editorial, I think the loser is every small business owner who's going to have a staff member say I want a puzzle table and a Lego table to.
Speaker 1: Deal with my stress. Seriously, thank you guys to appreciate having wonderful weekend. Love you guys, We'll see you again next week, or a quick break back with more some very special people with a very important story to tell. We'll get to them in a moment or two time, and the late debate after that here on sky Newstyff. It's been a long time since I lost my little boy Leo. You remember that experience. We went through it together, and we think about the little people that aren't here each and every day, every day, and there are so many lovely people that come up and still talk to me about it today. In that spirit and the spirit of generosity that you've always shown me. I want you to show it now to do special people who sadly have dealing with the same sense of loss for a little girl called Celeste. It is Michelle and Tim mccrana, and they joined us. Now I've got your last name wrong. I apologize. So Celeste was still born in twenty twenty one note two thousand and one. I opinably you're about to go off and do something in her honor and to try to raise money for the Stillworth Foundation. They are incredible. Dr Sewan Cehoe and all the people involved in are my heroes. You're going to run a thousand kilometers from Adelaide to Port Melbourne. You want to try to raise a million bucks. That's a long way to run, right when you're running for a little person who's not here. That's what gives you the strength. But what gives you the idea to go for that long a.
Speaker 6: Run solitude, No, basically funding, Like I've done a little bit of raising funds for the Stillbirth Foundation before through running not a thousand kilometers. I've done one hundred klometers and I just felt like I needed to do more, Like I just grief is a lifelong thing, so you know, and running has been my solitude for dealing with that. So I thought to myself before I told Tim, you know, what can I do? What I really need to be noticed? I need to make like to get a million dollars, you need to do something big. And I thought, there's so many of these young guys running around Australia and doing all this. Why not like, have this I will be leaving on my birthday. Have this fifty four year old mum run to Port Melbourne from Adelaide.
Speaker 1: That is amazing. Now, Tim, you are a powerhouse. He's been relentlessly patient trying to talk to me, but we've been able to get you here. And I do appreciate it because it's not that there's one person watching that needs to give a million bucks. All right, people can give a small amount, but enough of them together gets us in the right place. We've had this whole conversation about a tax card or a power all the rest of it, right, run me through some of the Sun's right about how small an amount, a relatively small amount of people gets us to a million bucks.
Speaker 10: So our first one was looking at one hundred and sixty six thousand people giving up coffee for the day, so six dollars, well, that.
Speaker 1: Gets us it.
Speaker 10: Australians drink more than two cups a day, so it's an easy thing.
Speaker 1: So that is an easy thing for us to do.
Speaker 10: Then another thing recently I think is the government giving three hundred dollars to people. We only need three thy three hundred people a good point to say, Okay, I don't need that three hundred and I'm sure driving around Sydney the last few days there's a lot of people that don't need it. Correct, I'll donate mine. Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: You're done it many times over.
Speaker 10: Yes, and we could probably do it over the next couple of nights to get three thousand, three hundred people to donate.
Speaker 1: And look, so let's just get it up there. Get everyone seeing right, because you never know who's watching right. Still running dot com dot au. Still running dot com dot au is the website where hopefully we can get a million bucks before you take off, because it is going to be in a couple of months time. We're going to keep mentioning this a lot in the next little while, but give us an idea about what a million bucks to the Stillworth Foundation. I mean research, research, research, research, right, it's research.
Speaker 6: But also after talking with the foundation with Sean, we're over here about a month ago and gaining the understanding that they have they know what they need to do. You know, there's the newsafer baby bondle that it's like an easy thing. It's an awareness program. I would love to see a health campaign on TV for something so simple. You know, we did slip, slop, slap and stop smoking all these things. I mean, that's an easy thing to do. But yeah, research, you know, it's it all it's money. You need money. Like so, as Sean said, they know they know what they need to do, they just need the money to be able.
Speaker 9: To do it.
Speaker 1: Jim, I never forget when we're trying to sort of put one foot in front of the other. When it was Leo, my wife just turned them and said, you're Leo's dad, right, And anytime I've ever felt any level of adversity, since you go Leo's dat up, we go, right. How proud are you of this lady? Amazingly proud. So she does some crazy things.
Speaker 10: We were in the cafe and she told our son first, and she put this little note to me and I said, really, I'm going to run from Adelaide to Melbourne a thousand kilometers and she only wanted to raise a small amount.
Speaker 1: I said, no, now go we're going big. Yeah, we're going to go big.
Speaker 10: Because if we were in business and we were having six rejects a day, we would fix it. The next day, we would throw money at it. We're in the same position here. We've got six babies dying.
Speaker 1: Every single day.
Speaker 10: All we need is a little from a lot of people, and we can change that. We can reduce those numbers by more than twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 10: You know, if his people out there now listening, how much would they pay if they knew that baby was going to die. A lot of people won't do that because they've never experienced it. Most humans will only do stuff after when they've experienced it.
Speaker 1: And this is why we constantly talk about it on the show, because everyone watching the show over a long period of time, has experienced and has known somebody who that's gone through. So strength and love to you both. We'll talk mawenty times between now and then. Still running dot com dot au, Still running dot com dot au. Thank you guys, to appreciate it. Still running dot com dot you have I mentioned enough? Everyone watching right now? Whatever you can, still running dot com dot you quick breakback when more think just before I go tonight's still running dot com dot? Are you? Just before I go tonight? I don't know why, but this week I decided to ring a lot of people that I haven't spoken to for a long time and reconnected with them, and it's been an amazing week. I want you to think about that person that you used to get along with so well for whatever reason, whatever thing, five ten years ago. The number is still in the phone. Just ring them. You'll be surprised how awesome the chap will be. Have a great weekend.