Speaker 1: Live on Sky News Australia.
Speaker 2: This is to Nika de Georgio.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to the show coming up tonight. Susan Lee under fire over net zero? Can she survive as leader until the end of the year. I don't think she can. Victoria's premier apologizes for the state's crime crisis.
Speaker 4: It's too little, too late for that.
Speaker 3: I'll catch up with the state's shadow police minister shortly. And Andrew Mountbatten Windsor ordered to appear before US Congress over his links to Jeffrey Epstein, will go live to London for the latest for first tonight.
Speaker 4: There's no going back now.
Speaker 3: Liberals are openly speaking out against Leader Susan Lee. One has to wonder with or without a net zero policy? Can she survive as leader until the end of the year. I think not. I think it is over. Once a position on energy has been.
Speaker 4: Decided, the sharks will come now.
Speaker 3: Susan Lee has bought the party time and I don't doubt she is working hard. But time is going down the drain for a party which is sinking in the polls, has no positions, can't say what it believes in, and is losing support rapidly.
Speaker 4: I don't think she's got what it takes.
Speaker 3: There's no authority and that is shown in the latest News poll. She now has the worst polling numbers of all time for a coalition leader.
Speaker 4: The Liberal Party needs a rapid overhaul.
Speaker 3: It's been six months of dithering and infighting, and it seems that sentiment is being felt behind the scenes. Here was Liberal Senator Sarah Henderson on Sky News this morning, offering up a scathing assessment of Susan Lee.
Speaker 1: I can't pretend things are good. We've had a dire News poll result, a primary vote of just twenty four percent. Things are not traveling well. I do have to say, really honestly, I do think Susan is losing support. But I do believe in miracles we can turn things around. But things are not good. I don't support things the way they are.
Speaker 4: With a new leader or with Susan Lee.
Speaker 1: Well, Pete, I am just going to say at the moment that I cannot support the way things are well.
Speaker 3: Look, this is an astonishingly brutal assessment. Senator Henderson was then pushed further by my colleague Peter Stefanovic.
Speaker 1: With Susan Lee as leader.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you're not supporting her position as leader.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't back in the way things are, Pete, and I've got to be authentic and I've got to be honest about that. And it's very difficult. It's a very difficult time for the Liberal Party.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now, look, this very public infighting does not at all help the party. But this is the first time we've heard a Liberal speak out so publicly against Susan Lee since she was elected as opposition leader. Now Liberal and P's tried desperately to patch it up today and back to their leader in I.
Speaker 5: Think Susan is well established as leader and a witness.
Speaker 4: Through an excellent Are you planning to roll her?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: She absolutely does have my support. I'm looking forward to Wednesday.
Speaker 1: She can navigate us through this.
Speaker 6: I have no doubt that she can.
Speaker 7: Susan rightly identified at the end well after the last election that we had to get better at getting policy development done and making sure that we can put policies that will resonate with the Australian people.
Speaker 3: But I thought that this was telling Liberal MP Andrew Hasty, who is no doubt a shoe in to take on the leadership.
Speaker 4: Role practically said the quiet part out loud.
Speaker 6: The thing we have to do is come to a position on net zero and that's my singular focus until we saw that out.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter who leads the party, We're not in the fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So in summary, find an energy position, then find a leader. Now, Susan Lee tried today to put up a united front, even defending her main credit Sarah Henderson.
Speaker 8: I value every single member of my team, including the good senator that you've just mentioned. What I am saying is that everyone of my team is absolutely united behind the focus that we have right now. I'm proud of my team and I know that every single member of that team is contributing to the serious, credible policy agenda that I spoke about.
Speaker 3: United, although it certainly doesn't seem that way, especially in the face of what will be next week a net zero showdown. Now, when elected as opposition leader, Susan Lee declared that everything was on the table. Then we were told the energy policy decision could take up to twelve months to formulate. Now net zero is going to three meetings next week. All Liberal MPs will meet in Canberra on Wednesday for a discussion on energy and emissions reduction policy. Shadow Energy Minister Dan Teen is expected to outline a set of principles for endorsement and open questions for discussion. The Shadow Ministry will then meet on third to formalize a position. At the end of that three senior Liberals and three from the Nationals will meet to discuss respective party positions. A final joint coalition meeting for endorsement will take place on Sunday, November sixteen. I've got to say it's quite the invite only party over three different days, and.
Speaker 4: Really there is no guarantee that at the end of that a position.
Speaker 3: Will be finalized, and it's all being hindered by the moderates in the party who are warning Susan Lee she should not take their support for granted claim the party would be unelectable if a dumped net zero. Now look, it's not all Susan Lee's fault. She has her hands tied by these moderates. But being a leader means having courage and making brave decisions popular or not. I mean, look a former Prime Minister John Howard as an example, when he introduced a firearms control policy after the Port Arthur massacre. In nineteen ninety six. He defied the gun lobby, his own constituents and even ignored the mass protests and did it anyway.
Speaker 4: That's leadership. Susan Lee should ignore.
Speaker 3: The moderates who are bringing down this party and don't forget the coalition took net zero twenty fifty to the last two elections and still lost. They relied on outer metropolitan voters to deliver an election victory this year, but voters turned their backs overwhelmingly. These outer seats are where mums and dads are most doing it tough, where cost of living is top of mind, certainly not net zero.
Speaker 4: So back then, a change in policy would.
Speaker 3: Likely not have made a scrap of difference as to where the voters voted Labor or Liberal when mum and dad are trying to figure out how to pay their bills. So go out to these seats, prosecute the case for cheap reliable energy. Go to the till seats, do exactly the same, and sure, no doubt there are going to be tills and people in those seats who want.
Speaker 4: To remain in Paris.
Speaker 3: I mean, have a listen to Zali Stebel on Sky News this morning started we're starting the fear mongering already.
Speaker 9: Oh look, I'm having desavou here and clearly we're just continuing on with the same a complete inability from the Nationals, the Liberals if this is a track they go down to listen to the community in fact here Australia and the very clear message around concern about climate change.
Speaker 3: It is up to the party to convince voters in those seats and the Australian public between now and the next election why net zero had to go and how the coalition has a plan to keep the lights on in this country and most importantly provide cheap, reliable energy voters you at.
Speaker 4: Home, we deserve options, We deserve to have a contest of ideas.
Speaker 3: We are going broken backwards under Labour's magic carpet rite fantasy. And the longer the coalition takes, the more we will see the Liberals make their own positions on key issues. I mean we've seen it with Andrew Hasty, Mikayla Cash just sent at Nampajimper Price, Garth Hamilton, Sarah Henderson, to name a few, all speaking out against issues like net zero. Susan Lee only need to look at South Australia, where more than two hundred members have suddenly quit the Liberal Party in protest. It was what they see as her week leadership and a failure to abandon net zero. Time is not on the Liberal side anymore. There's no policy on the table to put Australia first, to make a case as a genuine alternative, and quite frankly, the only way I can put it is that they are boring.
Speaker 4: They're so boring.
Speaker 3: Susan Lee had a go, she has worked hard, but there's no going back now. Sarah Henderson articulated it very clearly today, whether she was right or not, that she cannot support the way things are undergoing under Susan Lee's leadership, and how many more Liberals will follow suit once an energy policy has been reached. Well, the BBC over in the UK, they're having another totally normal one. This time they are policing facial expressions. In June, its presenter Martine Croxall was reading out a health warning about an impending heat wave when she corrected the public broadcasters woke terminology for pregnancy have a look.
Speaker 10: London's School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine has released research which says that nearly six hundred heat related deaths are expected in the UK. Malcolm Mystery, who was involved in the research, says that the aged, pregnant people, women and those with pre existing health conditions need to take precautions.
Speaker 3: Now, apparently the face she made while correcting the script from pregnant people to pregnant women breached the broadcaster's rules about in partiality, because god forbid, the public might think that the term pregnant woman.
Speaker 4: Was offensive and so guess what, She's been censured.
Speaker 3: The BBC's Executive Complaints Unit upheld twenty complaints against the presenter, finding her facial expression laid it open to the the interpretation that it indicated a particular viewpoint in the controversies currently surrounding trans identity.
Speaker 4: So let me get this right.
Speaker 3: Saying pregnant women is now controversial, but the belief that men can get pregnant is not. How dare Martine Croxall, a biological woman, think that the term pregnant people was nonsense? How dare she lose patience so frivolously on air via a facial expression? How dare she stand up for biological women around the world with actual xx chromosomes and the biological body parts that you actually need and are born with in order to fall pregnant and carry a child. And how dare she call women women? The BBC added that congratulatory messages Miss Croxall later received on social media, together with the critical views expressed in the complaints to the BBC and elsewhere, tended to confirm that the impression of her having expressed a personal view was widely shared across the spectrum of opinion on the issue, and that her facial expression was variously interpreted by complainants as showing disgust, ridicule, contempt or exasperation. Now, look, the BBC can censor as many presenters as it likes, but I've actually got some breaking.
Speaker 4: News for the broadcaster. Men can't be women.
Speaker 3: Men can't be women, and no amount of censoring will ever change what is a very simple biological fact.
Speaker 4: Oh and guess what, In case the BBC did not know men can't feel pregnant, they would have thought.
Speaker 3: Yet Paul Martine Croxell has been found guilty of the crime of being a biological woman with.
Speaker 4: A facial expression. Let's go straight to nationals MP Michael McCormack.
Speaker 3: Now, good to see you, Michael. Thanks so much for joining me on the show. Really appreciate it. Look, it's going to be a big week next week. Let's start with net zero three meetings for the Liberals. The Nationals will be involved in some of them. How confident are you that the Coalition will come to an agreement on net zero.
Speaker 5: Well, let's hope that the moderates find some common ground with those pushing for net zero within the Liberal Party because, as you quite correctly pointed out at the top of the show, time is of the essence. People need to know where the Liberals stand, need to know where the Coalition stands. They certainly know where the national stand. And let's just get on with it. I mean, we're hemorrhaging everywhere. We've got Sarah Henderson out there today making certain comments. I mean, who needs enemies sometimes when you've got friends like that. It's just let's put it to rest, make the call and get on with it. Get on with prosecuting this government and their bad agenda for Australia. That's the critical thing. We've got energy prices through the roof. They're forty percent higher than in two and what are we talking about ourselves?
Speaker 1: Not good enough?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean Sarah Henderson was pretty scathing in her assessment. Can Susan Lee survivors of official leader in your view?
Speaker 5: Well, she should be able to. She hasn't even been in the job six months yet, I mean, give her a go. The Liberals should do a whole lot better than by getting off her back, by giving us some clear air, by stop backgrounding, by stop backstabbing, and just give us some clear air. Let's go to Christmas with a policy position on net zero. Let's win the ashes, enjoy the tennis, have time at the beach, come back in February, and get on with making sure that we keep this bad government accountable.
Speaker 3: But even with polling so bad, I mean, she's got the worst and the latest news poll says that she's got the worst ratings of a coalition in a leader in history.
Speaker 4: And surely that can't go off.
Speaker 5: Oh well, look, if you don't sure, if you don't like one pole, just wait, there'd be another one the following week, all month or whatever. I mean, there's only one pole that matters. That's the election ballot, and that's the only pole. And I can remember, well in twenty nineteen, when everybody had written us off, Scott Morrison and I were able to bring it home and we won the miracle election. Sixty percent of the population apparently, according to the polls, thought that the Voice was a good idea. Look what happened with that referendum. Look, I don't hold too much countenance in polls, Danika, I really don't. I just think we need to get on with making sure we've got a united position as best we can on net zero, Get behind the leaders Susan Lee and David Little Proud and prosecute this really really bad gubet which is forcing Australia to de industrialize, forcing jobs overseas and costing everyday ordinary Australians so much at the checkout at the petrol bowser and when they open their energy bills every quarter.
Speaker 3: It was interesting comments from former Liberal leader John Houston. He's condemned Susan Lee leadership today. Sorry, John Houston, can you hear me? Michael, Oh no, no, I heard what.
Speaker 5: I heard what you said, Deneka, And I'm sorry, I mean, seriously, John Houston, I mean, come on, I mean there's there's been sixteen Liberal leaders. They've all got honorable in front of their name. There's only one who doesn't, and that's John Houston. I mean, I mean the Blake lost the nineteen ninety three election.
Speaker 11: It was it was an.
Speaker 5: Unlosable election and he managed to lose it. I mean, he comes out he's an expert on everything, never held him in a sterial portfolio, and now he wants to comment on Susan Lee. I mean, seriously, John, I mean, give it up, give it a rest off.
Speaker 12: Of bet Well.
Speaker 4: I mean, just just scarify.
Speaker 3: So he said today that she hasn't shown any clear strategy or any strong capacity in terms of leadership.
Speaker 4: That was here his exact quote today, Michael, Yeah, right.
Speaker 1: And did and did he ever?
Speaker 5: I mean seriously, John Houston could have, perhaps many suggests, should have been the Prime minister and he fluffed it. And he had four years in the leadership, he had the opportunity, he had everything going for him, and he fluffed it. So he shouldn't come out now and criticize anybody, certainly anybody who's actually held him in a serial portfolio, which is something he never managed to do.
Speaker 3: Let's move on because Chris Bowen was out today masquerading as an energy expert as he always does.
Speaker 4: Have a listen to what he said.
Speaker 13: So don't believe in climate action and I will use any excuse and any alibi to avoid proper climate policy in Australia in twenty twenty five and next week they're going to debate whether they believe in climate change again.
Speaker 4: I've got a wonder, Michael, should Labor actually be worried here?
Speaker 3: This whole saga has actually put net zero back at the public forefront again. People are talking about it and they're going to start questioning, Well, hang on a second, my bills are actually not going down.
Speaker 4: So what is paris to me? I mean, in a way Labor needs to address this, ye, I.
Speaker 1: Mean Chris Balen.
Speaker 5: There's the blow who allowed what eight hundred boats and fifty thousand illegal arrivals on his watch when he was the Immigration minister. I mean, I had a crack at doctor Houston, who was never a minister. I mean Chris Bowen. He was probably the worst minister. And you're right, every time somebody opens their power bill, they should see Chris Bowen's face on that bill because he's the one forcing their power prices up. He's the one forcing pensions to become impoverished, people to sleep in cars, and the likes of Tommigo and other factories and manufacturing bases to question their survival. And what does he want, Well, he probably wants a un cushy job or some sort of award that's going to be presented to him because he was the world's best climate emissions reducing a minister. I mean, just a bit like Wayne Swan when he was the world's best treasurer when he couldn't produce the surplus to save himself.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean this is nuts.
Speaker 5: I mean, Chris Baron can say whatever he likes, ordinary every days, missus average are paying through the nose for their energy costs and it's his fault.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And the mare he keeps talking, the more he just keeps muddling himself up. Seriously, Michael McCormack, nice to have you on the show. Thanks very much for joining me, really appreciated.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a huge week next week, three meetings, so we'll be keeping you up to data with that. Now, look, I want to remind you of these scenes that we saw in Melbourne, CBD a few weeks ago, resembling what was like a war zone as police used tear gas, stun grenades and rubber bullets in a bid to control dueling protests. Thousands of people joined March for Australia rallies around the country and as you would expect, the march in Australia was met with a counter protest led by far left extremists who quickly turned things ugly.
Speaker 4: Now. These scenes came days after.
Speaker 3: Just sin To Allen insisted that the Melbourne CBD was safe, but the police commander Wayne Cheeseman begged to differ.
Speaker 1: This is what was fining in police today and I think Melbourne has had a gutfull now.
Speaker 3: The Herald Sun has today revealed extreme left wing protest has actually planned the violent attacks on police. Weeks prior, Campaign Against Racism and Fascism held a meeting at the University of Melbourne where attendees were urged to launch missiles at officers. Protesters were told to be militant in your ideology, be aggressive, to make to the fascists, make them be ashamed, to walk the streets, and suggested throwing bricks at police unbelievable. Joining me now is Victoria's shadow Police Minister David Southwick. David, thanks for your time. What do you make of these revelations?
Speaker 11: Yeah, greatly with your Daneka only in Victoria do you go to university to learn how to throw rocks at police? I mean it's absolutely appalling and we've got a government doing absolutely nothing about it. I mean, this is disgraceful. Police have had a gutful, Victorians have had a gutful. We've got no laws to deal with these gutless cowards that hide behind a mask at these protests despite calling for it. The government's had plenty of the chances to be able to do something that they've done nothing. But again, university should be a place of learning, not a place to be able to host these radicals to learn how to incite hatred and violence on our streets. And we must not forget it was only a few months back where the university's had encampments that were also ensuring that many Jewish students couldn't attend these campuses because of fear of going anywhere near them.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, does the University of Melbourne have questions to answer for even hosting this event in the first place.
Speaker 11: Yeah, look, I believe so. I think more Broadly speaking, we've got to do more. There's got to be consequences. There's some simple laws that the government could be doing just to dm us these gutless cowards. We've got to have protest permits. We are the protest capital where the hate state. With these regular protests. It's cost to bomb. It's time for action and the government's got to start waking up and listening to what the public want. The police should be there to protect us at the moment they're struggling to protect themselves because they've got these extremist radicals throwing rocks of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's just absolutely pauling. I agree. More does need to be done. Now.
Speaker 3: Look, it's been revealed that victorious police Chief Mike Bush took another undeclared flight using the Forces Air Wing. First, of course, he used a police helicopter to flight to Tasmania for a conference. The Herald's son has now confirmed that he and his wife Vicky have each taken another underclosed undisclosed flight since his appointment. His wife joined a ten minute flight for two senior New Zealand Police officials over Melbourne and on July twenty nine, the Commissioner and his executive assistant hitched a ride and a chopper heading back to police HQ David, does the commissioner have your backing still?
Speaker 11: Look, it wasn't a great look, and particularly when police are really stretched and we know there's not even enough funds to mow the lawns at the moment in our police stations. You can only hope that it was an honest mistake. This police commissioner's fairly new, but I do want to make this point that the government were pretty quick to throw him under a bus and call it out. But yet today we find out that you've got an SRL boss paying nine hundred thousand dollars and flying from Melbourne to taxpayer Melbourne to Brisbane on the taxpayer's purse and the government said nothing. So we need some consistency. It wasn't a good look. We hope that, you know, the Police commissioner needs to turn things around desperately, but this is the third police commissioner and the government. We can't keep changing the coach. The government's got to provide the guide rails and at the moment this government's doing nothing, absolutely nothing in terms of all of that.
Speaker 3: No, definitely not now Look, we were talking earlier about crime. The Premier de Cinta Allen has apologized for Victoria's youth crime crisis and claims that there is a plan to fix it.
Speaker 4: Have a listen.
Speaker 14: I'm deeply sorry for every family who has been touched by a crime, these violent, brazen crimes.
Speaker 3: David another day of thoughts and prayers, and now she's apologizing.
Speaker 4: Too late.
Speaker 3: Okay, unfortunately we've lost David Southwick there, but yes it is too late. I mean a few weeks ago the Premier just into Alan was saying that the Melbourne CBD was safe and yet how many more stabbing attacks have we seen in the CBD since then? And as I mentioned, they're the head of that interview with David Southwick that there was perhaps according to the Herald's Sun, a coordinated effort to actually throw items at police officers. So it's very clear that the Premiere does not have control of the situation and it is once again every day ordinary Victorians who are suffering because of a lack of action.
Speaker 4: We'll stay with us coming up after the break.
Speaker 3: The surgeon one nation's popularity plus what policies would you implement if you were a dictator for a day.
Speaker 4: My panel is next.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, joining me as they do every week as new South Wales Independent MP Tanya Mahale can form a new soun Wales Police Minister David Elliot hig.
Speaker 4: To both of you, as always, thank you.
Speaker 3: Now look, I want to start, obviously with the big story today. I want to get your quick opinions before we move on to the rest of the day's news about Susan Lee's leadership.
Speaker 4: A reminder here was Liberal Senator Sarah Henderson today.
Speaker 1: I can't pretend things are good. Things are not traveling well. I do have to say, really honestly, I do think Susan is losing support.
Speaker 4: David, Can she Survivor's leader?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean anything's possible. I remember working for a blake called John Howard who was called mister seventeen percent, and so anything is possible. And Kevin Rudd showed us that it can turn on a dime depending on circumstances. But the party does need to look at its narrative. There's a lot of tie kicking going on out there in the Conservative voter base. They're looking at one nation, they're looking at the Liberal Party. They're comparing it to the National Party and we're seeing a lot of in decision about who they should support. But let's not forget Labe. It's not even at forty percent. They're not even at thirty five sent So Susan can survive. But the team has to be united. They need to get their narrative together, they need to dump net zero, and then they need to ensure that they get the right candidates early on in the field.
Speaker 3: Well, I just wonder, though, are they going to go, yep, we've got our energy policy now. I mean, I feel like Andrew Hasty almost has said it today, get an energy policy together, then the sharks are going to start circling or what.
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 14: Once this look history tells us that once this sort of stuff, you know, starts where people raise issues like Senator Henderson did.
Speaker 4: Today, it tells you that people are worried.
Speaker 14: You're going to have people sitting in the House of Reps really worried about their own personal seats. So, whether it's this month or next month or in six months, I think eventually Susan lay will have to call it a day. I honestly think that's what's going to happen with a little party I don't think they're ready now for change, but I do think there is so much animosity, so many, so much internal machinations going on in this party at the moment, and they're hurting. They're hurting from one of the worst defeats they've ever had in history back in May, and I think, I just think it's just a matter of time for Susan lay one way or another. And listening to Michael McCormick just moments ago, I was shocked that he told everybody just to go to the beach and there's nothing to see and relaxed. Well, no, I don't think that's the case. I think people are genuinely worried inside that party. People that support the Liberal Party are worried. Everybody wants a two party system in Australia. We want a healthy opposition, of course, and we want an opposition that actually has an opportunity and a chance one day to be in government. And I am very, very worried about the current Liberal Party federally.
Speaker 3: Well, voters want options as well, you know you at home, you want an option and we want to see some actual differentiation in policy.
Speaker 4: So let's see how the week pans out. David, you mentioned One Nation.
Speaker 3: It's doubled its membership based since the May federal election and is now establishing new party branches across regional Australia.
Speaker 4: The Australian has revealed that the party.
Speaker 3: Is weeks away from launching its new Central Queensland branch after last month poached Tamworth Nationals members to set up a base in the electorate of New England. Of course, Barnaby Joyce's why are voters turning to One Nation?
Speaker 15: Well, we've been down this road before, of course, after at ninety six when One Nation had a surge and it couldn't cope. It didn't have the administration, didn't have the infrastructure to cope with the surge of support. That got dodgy candidates, got branch executives that didn't know what they were doing. So we have seen this before. I mean, as I said, the voters are looking at all options at the moment, and I mean our problem is on our side is we've got moderates out there saying, well, we're only going to solve the Liberal Party if we get rid of Andrew Hasty and just senter Price. Well, actually this is proof positive that we're actually going to need some right wing warriors to go to these one nation devotees and say come back, we need your help. As John Howard I said, broad church is a good church. A successful church is when the right wing and the left wing work together in opposition. That never happens, and that's because a lot of the real stoic leaders go and do their own thing. And we need to bring back full time the Jeff Kennets and the Michael Kroger's and the Nick Reiners and the John Howard's. We need them in to rally the troops, to hand pick some good conservatives that will go back out into the one nation field and say come back to the Liberal party because at the moment it seems to be a central party, a moderate central party, and we ain't going to beat labor in government when they're governing from the center.
Speaker 3: No, but you're right about likes of Hasty or just center napageber Price when they're talking about immigration, for example, mass migration, which is a huge issue in this country net zero. But the more this goes on, I mean, the more you get these liberals that are actually freelancing almost on these issues. Tanya, you were once or One Nation MP yourself.
Speaker 4: You have to admit a leader, even a leader, but you have to admit that they're doing pretty well.
Speaker 14: Why oh, look, I think David's said it quite well. The Liberal Party has its issues.
Speaker 4: There will be votes that.
Speaker 14: Bleed to the right, and that's what's happened here. I think people see that Pauline Hanson herself, she's a strong leader. I'm not going to disparage her personally. I know that she is a strong leader. She's certainly strong in her views. She's quite different in her approach from say Susan Lay in that context. But look, David has said quite rightly that they had problems with their party administration years ago, and I would have to say nothing's changed. I think the biggest problem that One Nation has is that they don't have the structure or the ability to have to be an alternative government.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the problem.
Speaker 14: They are a party like the Greens that they can raise issues, they can raise policies, they campaign on matters, but they're never going to have the structure or the capacity or the means to you actually form or be part of a government. And that's where in the end you just need to explain to people that the Liberal Party does have the capacity and normally has had the capacity to have both moderates and conservatives in its structure, and it has a structure. My experience in the twenty months that I was in One Nation, there are very few branch meetings, There are very few opportunities for grassroots control or leadership. I think in the end, decisions have made top down in that party, and that's why a lot of people leave.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're certainly doing well in the polls because they're bleeding. You know, the Liberal Party is bleeding voters and people are looking for an alternative at the moment, and clearly one nation is providing that. Let's talk about the public sector workforce in federal, state, and local governments. Its increased by eighty two thousand jobs in the twenty twenty four to twenty five financial year.
Speaker 4: To nearly two point six million.
Speaker 3: It means taxpayers are paying two hundred and forty nine point five billion, up from two hundred and thirty one point seven billion the year before. David, we've got record spending as it is now the public sector workforce has blown out. Is it's not more evidence why we need a Doge style department to make cuts.
Speaker 15: Well, if not a Doge style department, department that is going to identify where those jobs are actually needed. We need cops, we need soldiers, So they are public sector jobs that we need to have employed on the taxpayer's dime. We don't need cardigan wearing biscuit lunches that are sitting in offices in the city of Sydney or in some regional center because they need to generate a job in that particular electorate, and that is, unfortunately what happens. So I think before I slashed public service jobs, I want to highlight where they're going and where they're needed, and I think we need to direct people into those to those areas. I know in the engineering fraternity there are the government just can't attract good engineers. Not that they're spending record numbers in infrastructure at the moment. If they were to do that, we would need more engineers in the public sector. That is important, But a clerk in an office in suburban Sydney is obviously it's not.
Speaker 4: We do need.
Speaker 3: Emergency services, I think that's a fair point, But eighty two thousand additional jobs, I don't know how that can be justified.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think right now it's only Canberra that's booming and everybody else is going bust. That's what's actually happening in Australia. Look, Albanizy has always loved and Labor loves having a large bureaucracy.
Speaker 4: That's what that's what they're about.
Speaker 14: And Chris means as well as following suit, Labor has absolutely expanded its public service in every state and territory that they.
Speaker 4: Are currently governing.
Speaker 14: So and in what we're seeing is a lol in productivity growth and small businesses are desperate now for some some incentives from government, some support. Jim Chumbers was just saying it today. I think that that's the problem. You can recognize that there's a productivity growth problem in Australia.
Speaker 4: Well, what are you doing about it?
Speaker 14: Exactly hand what I find on the bureaucracy and start supporting small business.
Speaker 3: I don't know why anyone would want to go into business right now in this country if there's a lot of issues, and Labour certainly got helping.
Speaker 4: Before we go, we've got to talk about your column in the Telegraph today, Wisdom.
Speaker 3: If I was a dictator for a day, go on tell us your points here day.
Speaker 15: I am an economic rationalist, but we subsidize heavily public transport on gazetted public holidays. So let's give mum and the kids a free trip to the Blue Mountains and it creates economic activity and it also gets the drunks off the roads. Let's let's stop giving how to get out of jail free cards the kids three.
Speaker 4: Times in a week.
Speaker 15: Make sure that they know that a second chance is a privilege, not a rite. Let's highlight the fact that Australian history shouldn't be dismissed. I mean, we've got people out there dyeing their hair purple and burning the flags on things issues.
Speaker 4: That they would have read a book about.
Speaker 15: So yeah, I've got a bit cranky.
Speaker 4: Off.
Speaker 14: Okay, public think the devil's in the detail. I read your article properly, David, and I don't know about this one negative gearing property.
Speaker 4: That's a bit unfair.
Speaker 14: We should be supporting aspirational with one.
Speaker 15: With one we shouldn't be allowing.
Speaker 4: I would say, well, you know it's up to you to invest.
Speaker 3: Can I just say one we haven't mentioned yet, make the ABC A subscriptions.
Speaker 4: Up concurred generally, will with that.
Speaker 14: Aren't we all?
Speaker 4: Aren't we all?
Speaker 3: We've got to go, David Elliott Tanya to have you both have a nice weekend.
Speaker 4: We'll see you next week. Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 3: Coming up after the break and the Labour's plan to spend a billion dollars on a climate talk best plus life to London.
Speaker 4: As Andrew mount Batten.
Speaker 3: Windsor is ordered to appear before the US Congress over his leaks to pedophile Jeffrey Epstep, Well, welcome back. Joining me now is Shadow Resources Minister Susan McDonald.
Speaker 4: Good to see you, Susan. Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 3: Big week next week, of course, meetings galore on net zero the Libers will settle on their policy. Can the coalition stay united under Susan lead?
Speaker 4: You think? Oh?
Speaker 2: I think absolutely. I think we are a group of people who are first and foremost committed to representing the people that we've come to Cambri to serve, and right across Australia we are seeing a clear message from both households and businesses that Labour's plan isn't working, that their net zero approach is killing small business, it's certainly damaging metals processing, minerals processing right across Australia. We've lost seven thousand jobs, mostly from mining areas. This is not going well and we are all completely united and finding a better way to achieve an energy policy.
Speaker 3: Well, big week next week and look forward to seeing hopefully and a good outcome. Let's talk about Labour's grand plans to host this twenty twenty six un COP thirty one Climate summit at a cost of one billion dollars and analysis by Sky News has found that money could fund the annual healthcare of one hundred thousand people, or provide schooling for forty thousand students, or even build two thousand and five one hundred houses Susan. What's a billion dollars to play host for a party you can't afford, for a problem you can't even solve.
Speaker 2: Well, we're seeing Labor just signing signing checks that the Australian body can't meet a billion dollars. That is a huge amount of money to support an agenda that is failing Australians right now. We know that small business is failing at a greater rate than ever before in Australian history. We're losing small business, private enterprise jobs, which are usually the apprentices and the young people, the jobs and regional places and services, and this one billion dollars could go so far to helping in health commitments, school commitments. We could probably think of a thousand things if we really put our minds to it, but none of them. None of them about an international climate conference that is not serving Australia in any way. There has to be a better way, in a fairer way of approaching approaching an energy plan. But Labor is doubling down, whether it be in Cop thirty one or whether it be this crazy idea to reduce road speeds rather than fixed roads, all with the goal of reducing emissions. This is the madness that's running the Australian Labor Party. And I'm sure that there are old labor heads who are shaking their heads in shame and frustration at what's happening under this very left wing labor government.
Speaker 3: Absolutely now Look Power company AGL has claimed that renewables will cost three times as much as coal to generate the same amount of electricity. It's shown up in its annual report for the year Susan. No wonder our bills keep going.
Speaker 2: Up well, this is the bit that it doesn't matter how many times Chris Bowen or labor ministers say that renewable energy is the cheapest energy. It is not true because you have to overbuild in order to have the reliable power that's available at every part of the day. But what we're seeing is important manufacturing and industrial jobs leaving our shorts. These are well paid Australian jobs, great Australian taxes that we are missing out on now. Two years ago Australia the government benefit from the resources boomed that has run dry. That well is empty, and yet labor is still continuing to spend money whilst not looking at the fundamentals the structure of our economy, which is energy. Energy is the economy, and they are killing our ability to have industrial jobs, manufacturing jobs, metals processing jobs. At the same time, Danik that they've signed this critical Minerals agreement with the US. It is madness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're going broken backwards in the process, shutting up coal power plants with no plan B to keep the lights on in this country.
Speaker 4: It's madness.
Speaker 3: Su the McDonald, nice to see, thanks very much for your time, really appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 3: I spoke earlier about BBC presenter Martine Croxall being found guilty by the UK's public broadcaster.
Speaker 4: Of the crime of being a biological woman.
Speaker 3: With a facial expression after breaching its own rules about impartiality.
Speaker 4: Apparently when she did this.
Speaker 10: London's School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine House released research which says that nearly six hundred heat related deaths are expected in the UK. Malcolm Mystery, who was involved in the research, says that the aged, pregnant people, women and those with pre existing health conditions need to take precautions.
Speaker 3: Johnny Now from London is Samara gill a host of Triggered with Samara Gill.
Speaker 4: Ah, Look, Samara, this present has now been censured.
Speaker 3: So good to see that the BBC is having yet another totally normal one.
Speaker 16: Yes, because of the Heidnika, I wanted to just jump into this the smallest eye roll after reading a script that called pregnant women pregnant people. Really, I mean, I just really think that the BBC at the moment should not be finger wagging at its presenters for common sense. They're actually embroiled in scandal.
Speaker 4: At the moment.
Speaker 16: Over here, there has basically been this leaked dossier by the Telegraph that has revealed some really damning findings about the BBC, such as a doctored Trump video where they've essentially spliced together Trump's speech to make it look like he called for an insurrection when.
Speaker 1: He never did.
Speaker 16: They really then have put a harmas official Sun as a narrator of a documentary about Gaza. They've also been found to have a LGBTQ wing that has been actively pushing a message that is not conducive with basically doing a fair representation of what LGBTQ is. So they've actually been pushing a lot of propaganda out. There's basically a seventeen page dossier that has come out. But apparently no Martin Croxwell for rolling her eyes is the one that needs to be held accountable. No one ever gets held accountable at the BBC for the big things, but the small things about trans people. Sure, yeah, absolutely someone needs to be held accountable for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the crime of a facial expression, now, who would have thought to samaraw But that's where the BBC is out extraordinary.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Look, Andrew Mountbatten Windsor has been ordered to appear before the US Congress over his links to pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Well, look, Samara, it gets worse and worse, doesn't it. Will he actually have to go over to the US?
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, he's been appeared, he's sort of been ordered to appear before Congress. But the issue is he said that he would do this quite a few years ago, when he was under a lot of public pressure. He kind of mentioned, yes, I'd be happy to go over to the US and appear before Congress. I don't think this is ever going to happen, Honestly. This man has been absolutely stripped of everything. He's been ordered to move out of his very lavish castle.
Speaker 4: Rightly so.
Speaker 16: The Virginia de Fray book, the findings within that are just colossal. And I think the thing is he's never apologized for anything that he's allegedly done, and he actually, if he really does want to maintain his innocence, which no one quite frankly believes at this point, he would have hung around in all the circles. He would know the names, he'd be able to help maybe bring some of these victims justice if he did want to appear before Congress. But that's just something that Andrew Andy as we know him now, would never do so. I think there's a snowballs chance in hell that Andrew will be going over to the US and helping any effort for these victims. We know that he blatantly does not care.
Speaker 3: No, he clearly does not. I mean it would be great if he did. I would get the popcorn ready and we'll be all watching that one now. A Samara Meghan Markle is reportedly making a return to acting. God help us, eight years after quitting Hollywood to join the royal family.
Speaker 4: What could we be subjective to torture? Maybe great?
Speaker 16: Look Megan is basically she's returning to acting as herself. Shock horror, The victim to her does continue. Essentially, she plays herself in this film that is about famous people dating civilians. It's a really dalist film. I mean, the actors are a bunch of NEPO babies, people like Dennis Quaid's son. This isn't anything sort of Martin Scorsese. Oscar Worthy and her people have put out that she's just been swamped by offers and she's had to pick the best one. This is blatantly untrue. The irony is really poetic. You know, she left this amazing institution, the Royal family, to essentially so called back do a D list acting career. Well, Harry sits on the couch and just laments about life. You couldn't write this stuff, No, I really could.
Speaker 4: You really can't write it?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, here we go again, Samara girl, It's nice to see you as always.
Speaker 4: Thanks so much for joining me on the show. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Coming up after the break, the winners and losers of the week, including Chris Bowen's promise of free power.
Speaker 4: That's next.
Speaker 3: It is that time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers. And helping me to do that is former Liberal centator Holly Hughes. Holly, Happy Friday, thank you.
Speaker 4: For joining me. Your winner this week is horse racing.
Speaker 1: Oh what a great week for the sport of horse racing.
Speaker 12: Both the Melbourne and Sydney Spring Carnivals have just been absolutely sensational. But I think what's so great is that we've seen so many young people really embrace these carnivals and get back into horse racing. I love the races. Any opportunity to pop on a hat, have a little glass of bubbles, but to actually get there I mean, as I joke, I have about five hairs in the main of one horse and ten hairs in the main of another. But it's a great sport and it's great to see the young ones getting back into it.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 3: And it's nice when Australia comes together the races stops elation and.
Speaker 4: I do agree.
Speaker 3: I love a fascinator, love a nice frock and it's nice to get dressed up. I completely agree, totally. Now my win of this week is actress Sydney Sweeney. She is refusing to apologize for the American Eagle Good Genes ad.
Speaker 4: Why should she?
Speaker 3: You recall the left claim but the ad was promoting white supremacy, among other things. But in an interview with GQ, she was asked about it, and I think her response was spot on.
Speaker 6: The criticism of the content, which was basically that maybe specifically in this political climate, like wait, people shouldn't joke about genetic superiority, Like that was kind of like the criticism broadly speaking, And since you were talking about this, I just wanted to give you an opportunity to talk about that specifically.
Speaker 4: I think that when I I have an issue, though, I want to speak about people here. Well, good on her, Holly, I mean, what was she going to say? For goodness sake?
Speaker 3: The Left are always so perpetually outraged about everything, so you know, good on her.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 12: I wasn't a big fan of her as an actress, to be honest, to lean that one of the white load of seasons. But the way that she's handled this, well I'm a convert.
Speaker 4: I think she's handled it incredibly well. So me too.
Speaker 3: Now, look, your loser is the Australian people. Well it's been a big week, Susan Lee.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 12: Well, look, it's Susan Lee, but it's the team behind her.
Speaker 4: And I used to be part of that team.
Speaker 1: And I can tell you there's some.
Speaker 12: People with more ambition than conviction. There's the odd one that's too dumb to know they are dumb, and the fact that they are not working as a team while we are looking at one of the worst governments in history. They are completely driving this country into the ground. And yet there is a group within the Liberal Party unable to get on board and start talking about the issues that matter to Australians. But they want to talk about themselves or score their own points for ego and the Australian people deserve an opposition who can actually take the fight up to the government, not take the fight up to themselves. And that's why I think the Australian people are the ones losing out from this bickering and undermining well.
Speaker 3: Look absolutely, and this is why Labor's getting away with so much right now, because the Liberal Party can consistently talking about themselves. I agree now my loser this week I had to give it to Chris Bowen. Holly claims that we're.
Speaker 4: Going to get three hours of free power. I'd love to hear your views on this.
Speaker 12: This is the dumbest policy idea I have ever heard in my life ever. And I mean when I the MBM was put together on the back of an envelope, but this is seriously, I don't even know where this could have come from. Reconsultation with the market straight after the default market offering was put out and still no conversation.
Speaker 1: It is just lunacy.
Speaker 12: And whilst I can see Chris Bowen is an incredibly big loser, I think in fairness he could be the loser of the week every week that we may need to mix it up a little bit, this is just another stupid thought bubble that's never going to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, I totally agree.
Speaker 3: And where where is the cost going to go to everybody else's power bills? So you know, another thought bubble from the man masquerading is Australia's Energy Minister, and another ripper from you Bowen. Good one, Holly Hughes, good to see you, Thanks very much to have a good weekend, See you soon. That's it from me tonight. I'll be back on Sunday night at seven for denekro and James. Steve Price is next.
Speaker 4: Good night,