Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan Show, Fresh from the Weekend. It is your pals Chrissy and Jack.
Speaker 2: Hello, good afternoon, swany how's your weekend?
Speaker 1: Very nice? Thank you. I did all sorts of bits and bobs that that really filled makeup in a in a sentence that really you're a but I did. I caught up with my primary school girlfriends, which always just sets my soul on fire. It's like it just reminds you of who you are totally.
Speaker 3: Actually, we had a phone call on Saturday and I got to say, hide it back in the background.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And you just don't know. It's just like a committee of wise hold out and you can say anything and they sort out your problems. It's so wonderful. It doesn't happen enough. But thirteen twenty four to ten call me say gooday, what set your soul on fire over the weekend?
Speaker 3: I tell you what's going to set our soul on fire? On this show today, Christy Swan. Yeah, the iconic Tara Brown.
Speaker 1: Talking all things. Bell Gibson Now.
Speaker 3: He's going to join us live in the studio after three o'clock and all the other good stuff like Chrisy's Queasy and Chrissy's click bait Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: How wait to hear your little voices?
Speaker 4: Chrissy Saday.
Speaker 1: I just felt like nature was healing. On Saturday afternoon, when I bid a fond farewell to the last of my three primary school friends, I popped over. I had planned to make a smoked chicken and tarigan sandwich.
Speaker 2: It was so cold it was as if winter had hit in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Oh, so instead we had soup. It was wonderful and over that soup we sorted out all our problems. Love that all of them set our souls on fire. Hello Lauren, Hi, how are you good? What happened over the weekend that just made your heart sore?
Speaker 5: Well with we weekend? It's sort of just happened now, but extended weekend. Let's say I've been on work cover and of work restrictions for a to be ears and I haven't been able to It's been a shoulder injury. I wasn't allowed to lift over five hundred grands and I'm currently on my way home listening to you guys, and got the good news that I can now lift two and a half killers and I can start getting back into my old job at Willworth.
Speaker 1: Oh that would be such a relief. I mean, everybody that's overworked at the moment is going, what are you complaining about, Lauren? I'd love for and a half years, but I understand it. It would be sending you crazy. It is.
Speaker 5: And I've lost so much money because I was in management and had to step down, and it's just inspected my whole life. We went to Queensland last year with all the kids for the first time ever, and I under stand there while they went on all the roller coasters and I stand down the bottom. And it's been three big surgeries and numerous other.
Speaker 1: Issues, and today life starts again for you, Lauren. That is such a thrill.
Speaker 2: Well done, Beakers to like voucher for you laws enjoy that. Let's go to to.
Speaker 1: Hello Tomara, Chrissie. Now, something happened on the weekend that's set your soul on fire. But we're talking a bin fire, aren't we.
Speaker 6: Yeah, mine's a bin fire. Set my soul on fire in a total, utterly disappointing way.
Speaker 1: What happened tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Well, I just don't understand. What is it the saying what happens on a bucks stays on a buck.
Speaker 1: The reason they say that is because if we if we knew, we would leave them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well we're all really fiery and angry now after we've you know, it really hasn't stayed a secret, has it, Because one hobby tells their misses a little bit and then all us girls get talking. Yeah, so they just then you hopped the whole entire weekend from strippers to strippers to strippers, and you know, the motor Boat Fairy came out tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like going on an episode of Maths talking to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't, Yeah, don't really dabble in.
Speaker 1: That episode tomorrow. When is the when is the confrontation going to occur?
Speaker 6: I'm going to serve dinner up tonight but twice.
Speaker 1: Wow, can you call us tomorrow and tell us how it goes, because we are invested. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they'll be entre Maine and dessert.
Speaker 3: Oh my, yum, spill that tea tomorrow. Baker's delight voucher for you.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Nervous for her husband.
Speaker 3: Same. I hope he's listening to He's got a heads up of what to walk into, because bro, start getting your apology ready.
Speaker 1: Go straight to the airport is what I recommend. Hello, Kelly, is yours a goodie or a baddie?
Speaker 8: I had a goodie weekend?
Speaker 1: Good did you hear tomorrow's she had a terrible Jesus well.
Speaker 8: I had no plans and then all of a sudden, I go last minute call up to have dinner with the captains of the Brisbane Lines at the Casino on the Brisbane and it was a three course sit down meal with alcohol. I got selfies with them and got my guernsey signed. I was like picking mud.
Speaker 1: How did you get that, Kelly? And when they passed, didn't.
Speaker 8: No no captain stains orco.
Speaker 1: Yep, how'd you get that? How did you get the last minute call up?
Speaker 8: I just threw us through a friend. They just got an invite and got to call up that morning. I was like, yep, I'll be there.
Speaker 1: That is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the Brisbane Lions. Yes, shout out to our pal Jonathan Brown.
Speaker 1: Thought he might have been there, you know ex captains now.
Speaker 2: I mean if there was a four X on ice, he would have been.
Speaker 1: A free drink.
Speaker 2: Kelly Baker's a light voucher for you.
Speaker 4: Chrissy Swan show.
Speaker 1: We caught up with Jerry on Friday Wednesday or Wednesday mister Christy, she was our little contestant, will grow the Specsavor's voucher if you don't hardly mink hello? She said this, Where do I see the number ten around you? Jerry?
Speaker 8: Am I a ten out of ten?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: You tell me?
Speaker 8: Probably not a ten?
Speaker 2: But what would you write? What would you rate yourself? Jerry? Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: He maybe like an eight long years Jerry. I love that level of confidence so much, so wide.
Speaker 1: But I I mean, we've been talking about it for a few days. This is why we're talking about it again on the wireless thirteen twenty four to ten. By the way, can you rate yourself? And if so, give us a call and tell us what number you are, like.
Speaker 2: Honestly out of ten?
Speaker 1: Because everyone's like, I'm a one. You're not a one? No, Maybe it's the same for people that I'm a ten? Are you? How do you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And if you think you're a tend, you turn it down a bit so you sound like not a total.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So maybe Jerry does think she's a tend, but she's saying eight because that's like more socially acceptable. Yeah, more Australian as well for a bit more self deprecating. I've been trying to rate myself and I've got a question for you. Okay, what am I rating in relation to? Like, so, how happy I am when I see myself in the mirror? How is it a scale of one to ten on how attractive you are to the opposite sex or your chosen partner gender, Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Really great question. My answer would be.
Speaker 3: A little bit of what you maybe are to the opposite sex or what you're trying to attract. But just traditionally when like, it's quite superficial when it comes just to your looks and what is perceived hot, what you would.
Speaker 2: Rate yourself out of ten? Like that's what I think people do it all?
Speaker 1: And is it standardized? Like do you get sort of like you know kids that are studying languages, they get an extra ten percent in their year twelve? Do you standardize for age? Do you know what I mean? Is that all? Is it all even out? Because I'm old?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think I think it's it's to whatever age you are, like out of ten as an even seventy five year old you could be a nine out of ten, But is it.
Speaker 1: Compared to other seventy five year olds.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I don't think so. I think it's all right.
Speaker 1: What number are you? You've thought about this? I can tell.
Speaker 3: I think I am a look at Tom like thing, and you've got to be honest, honest, Yes, okay, I think it's seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you really think you are an eight because you've taken a point off. So if you don't sound up yourself, definitely, definitely you've taken a point.
Speaker 2: I knew it.
Speaker 1: I thought if he says he's sixth and he really, no, I think it's seven point five. Let's so you think you're an eight point five?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: I definitely don't think I'm above eight at all, and like eight on a really good day when I've had a good sleep. I've got a great haircut, I've got a great outfit. On what do you think you are? Honestly?
Speaker 1: Honestly?
Speaker 2: And I don't think you would inflate or deflate?
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I've really thought about it. I think I am a solid seven, a solid seven, okay, maybe a seven and a half on ah, I could probably pull off an eight on like Logi's Night in an amazing No, you're a tens and like.
Speaker 2: You're a ten on Logi's Night.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah because two hours in hair and makeup. Yeah, just like me, you know, getting squeezing the avocados at the supermarket. Seven.
Speaker 2: I would I would disagree. I would say you're a minimum eight eight point five.
Speaker 1: Having said that, in the mirror, when I see myself and I smile at myself and say, because I do. I talk to myself every morning, I go, hollo, you ten. Like for me, my eyes like the level of happiness to see myself is ten.
Speaker 3: And this year, twenty twenty five, you've been serving looks every day. We haven't given enough attention.
Speaker 2: Even today. It's a great shirt you've got on.
Speaker 3: I think if we were to play this game last year, I wouldn't be as kind. But you are serving a look every day, and it's pushing you up to a nine every day, and.
Speaker 1: I'm putting makeup on you. Very kind of nine to Tom. Tom is our trust. The produceducer does all the actual work while we just gas bag. What would you give yourself out of ten? And be careful? Because I can organize a therapist. I can't hear you. Well.
Speaker 10: I was nervous because I was gonna give myself a seven, yes, which I think is fair. I'm like a solid seven. But I don't want you to think I think I'm six, because that's not good.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Jack, I'm the one that took it. Jack does that you and I don't know.
Speaker 10: I'm a solid seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: On a good day, I could be an eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love this.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's take some calls really quickly out like it. Who what people think they are?
Speaker 1: And also I want to hear from somebody who thinks they're a ten who can actually go No, I am a tent. The thing is, I'm a one out of ten in terms of attractiveness to the opposite sex.
Speaker 3: I disagree, and that's a whole other case study. I think people are intimidated to approach you a slide in.
Speaker 1: I'm so such a dof no.
Speaker 3: But like I've got I know so many people that like really would love to take you.
Speaker 2: Really have to say something so inappropriate?
Speaker 1: Okayo, beck Hello, Becky, Hello, how are you good? What do you give yourself out of ten, Beck.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't want to sound egotistical. I don't think anybody's perfect, but I think.
Speaker 1: I'm a nine okay, great to And what do you base this on?
Speaker 11: Well, I think I've got okay, I think I've got above average. Look, but I just I'm a happy person. I've always got a smile on my face. I'm a positive person. And I since that goes a long way in how people perceive you as well.
Speaker 1: I agree, Beck, I agree. Sometimes you see somebody and you think they're so gorgeous, and then you see them in a photo and you go, oh, why do I think they're so gorgeous? And it's the inner beauty that's coming out.
Speaker 2: It's shining through.
Speaker 7: Beck.
Speaker 3: We're going to send you a double pass to Bridget Jones out about the Boy only in cinemas.
Speaker 1: Now, I love that. Hello Carol, Hello, am I talking to a bona fidey?
Speaker 12: Ten out of ten, ten out of ten, ten ten ten for everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh for everything my life?
Speaker 12: No for me like sorry, ten ten ten Because you have to celebrate yourself. Life is too short to be self critical, and we live in a world where it's two install to judgment Yes, you have to celebrate yourself because nobody else is going to do that for you.
Speaker 3: Ah men, Carol, what if people actually look like a three out of ten?
Speaker 1: There are ten ten ten.
Speaker 2: Carol's an optimist and we love it.
Speaker 4: The Chrisy Swan Show, The Creasy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Mama, you're listening to the Crazy Swan Show. Shut up, Stephanie. We've got to give away. You've got to give away a laptop. Let's do it now.
Speaker 2: Shelfing for student devices see the experts at Harding norm it unbeatable deals on laptops, tablets, headphones, and more.
Speaker 4: Be's brands, best range, best prices, guaranteed. Chrissy Swan's Laptop Lottery.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I'm loving Stephanie's hair at the moment, now that you brought her up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think she looks very well.
Speaker 3: No, what do you think she'd rate herself out of ten?
Speaker 2: I'd think eleven. Yeah, but she'd be wrong.
Speaker 1: She looks unwell. Hello Tom, speaking of very well? Hello, how are we good? Thank you quiz master. This is laptop a lot of It's an extra one because I was sick last week one day, so I've gone into extra time for having Almos Laptop lottery. Someone is going to win this laptop.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 10: Here we have Chrissy playing on behalf of Jess from Victoria.
Speaker 1: Hello Jess, Hello Jess. I'm so sorry. In advance, I'm terrible at this game. I'm so sorry. How badly do you want the laptop?
Speaker 8: Oh? Really badly? It would be awesome to win it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I feel all right, let's talk to the winner. Hello Tina, Hello.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm so happy when I got Jack.
Speaker 3: No, I'm crazy, Tina, I've got a good feeling about this.
Speaker 2: Tell me why you're needing you laptop to motivate because.
Speaker 8: Mine is a brick.
Speaker 5: It doesn't even connect to my home WiFi.
Speaker 8: That's how old my laptop is. Oh my god, my daughter is thirteen and I bought it before she was born.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow Wow.
Speaker 1: That's that's like disgusting.
Speaker 10: Din's let's get into it, all right, laptop's ready. Yes, Question number one, what is the world's most venomous fish?
Speaker 2: The reef stonefish? That is correct? Yes, Tina ship.
Speaker 10: Now, Chrissy, this one is a half normal question. So do you want to get on the helvy normal?
Speaker 1: Don't know, don't give me any any advantages.
Speaker 10: Here we go on the Harvey Norman website. On the sign up tab, there are two details required to join their newsletter.
Speaker 1: What are they would be emils?
Speaker 10: That would be Jack, I unfortunately, Tina, congratulations, Yes, thank you Jack.
Speaker 1: It looks at where I was. You know, I'm here buying it a sign that says beer and no, like, where am I going?
Speaker 2: What would you find that?
Speaker 1: Pain? And then there's another sign here that says cocktails. It's like this way to the beach, this way to God. That's so I don't break.
Speaker 3: The laptops so bad beyond will cry. Dude, all right, you have got the laptop on behalf of Harvey Norman. But Tom, it's not all bad for Jess.
Speaker 10: It is not Jess. You have one you havelf a one hundred dollars our chart from Harvey Norman.
Speaker 8: Beautiful, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Maybe you could get this sign that goes to the beach this way.
Speaker 4: Swan show.
Speaker 1: I know you couldn favorite song ever, Jack, because it was Charlie's age was a ride. You're listening to the Chrissy Swan Show on Nova. I just made a very outrageous statement about that Chrissy's click, and I think I stand by it. Beyonce was never better than when she was in Destiny's Child. I disagree.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked at that statement.
Speaker 1: You can be shocked, you can disagree. Doesn't take away from the fact that I'm right.
Speaker 3: What about songs like sweet Dreams and like No nothing tops what she produced on Destiny's Child?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Wow, Absolutely, come on.
Speaker 2: Sweeping statements a Thursday. Mate. You can say that will.
Speaker 1: I'll say it again, and then you've got to pretend that you haven't heard it. Hey, let's talk about Saturday Night blis fiftieth anniversary celebrations. It is like the Oscars used to be. The red carpet footage has everyone who's anyone that we all love turning up to support this television show.
Speaker 3: I thought the met Gala was on today when I started seeing this video come through from this red carpet.
Speaker 1: Like Meryl Streep's there, Steve Martin's there, Mike Queen, Drew Barrymore's They're looking amazing. By the way, that's a that I would like to steal.
Speaker 3: Miley Cyrus, Kim Kardah, Shian Davidson, all of them there. I hope Pete and Kim hook up in like a toilet somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think that's a bit trashy, but maybe they could rekindle theirs. And she's saying someone, she's a kardashi in it hard, But isn't she saying someone?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: There was talk of it.
Speaker 3: There was rumors on dorm while she was dating enormy like a real estate.
Speaker 2: Agent or something that's gonna last. Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: And then there was Oh, Blake Lively made an appearance, came out of a little Heidi hole.
Speaker 2: Look, I could I could look.
Speaker 1: At the footage of this all day long. But let's move on to one of the skits. Kim Kardashian's bottom has been turned into a set of drums, not for the first time in her career.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to watch that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Kristen Wig, who is the funniest actress. Have you seen a movie called The Skeleton twinsp have you? Tom? It's watched a trailer, but I haven't seen it. Oh, it is the most gorgeous film. And she's in with that Bill guy, Bill Hayter, Bill Hater and her Well, this is going to be your favorite film. And I've just pulled out my headphones on.
Speaker 2: So okay, I'll keep talking to fill this for you, but I will watch that.
Speaker 3: I'd also like to make mention of Steve Martin who did a monologue Swanee and he was on the first season of SNL. So everyone, it shows the respect and love people have for this show that they've all gone back to do it correct and if you would like to watch it just a little ps eights on binge here in Australia.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going to watch that, My god, When am I ever going to find the time, but I will. Christian Wigg dressed up as like a nineteen fifties matinee singer. She was one of four sisters in the skit, the other three played by Scarlett Johansson, Kim Kardashian and another one who I know her face but I will never remember before night. So funny anyway, it's very very funny, and at one point Christian Wig plays the bongo drums with Kim Kardashian's bottom, very funny, which of course I have done, eat.
Speaker 3: On the circles it with my own hand, and then Swanny Sabrina Carpenter performed with a guy I don't know, Paul Simon.
Speaker 1: Paul Simon.
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 1: The great Paul Simon from originally Simon and Garff uncle, but you know, a legend in his own right, the man behind my favorite album of all time, Graceland. You know I'm going to agree that's Paul Simon.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they sang Homeward Bound, which is a Simon and Guff Funkll track. Have a listen, let's escape it please.
Speaker 2: She makes every song so magical.
Speaker 1: I agree. Oh my god, she is singing with all the legends. She would be as a proper he's open, she is, she would be pinching herself nice. So originally you probably don't recognize that, but if I give you her the original, you would. It's faster homwood bounder was. It's faster. It's gorgeous. Okay, Let's move on to Lily Allen and David Harbor. They have split up, and Lily Allen, of course, you would know from such great tracks as I think you're having me, I think you're really me. She is a highly underrated talent, and I think she wrote this song about her very mean ex partner David Harbor, because he he has turned up with a girlfriend already twenty two years his junior. Her name is Ellie Fallon, and he was caught on the celebrity dating app. That's what they've called it. It's rare. There's no other ones, are they it months before they announced their split. Now, of course I have looked up this girl's Insta and apparently the telltale sign was there was a photograph in her grid of her enjoying a cigar. And it happens to be David Harbour's. You know, Lily Allen's exes. No one really knows him.
Speaker 2: No stranger things is what he was.
Speaker 1: It's his favorite cigar and that was where yeah, and that was where Lily was like, uh, skuzmi, anyway, I found the I found the picture for you. The offending picture.
Speaker 2: Show us and he's got.
Speaker 1: Busies out in the livre.
Speaker 12: It is.
Speaker 2: Photo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a very she's only got five photographs, but they're very Yeah. Anyway, good luck to them. We are invested in this relationship because we saw Lily and David leaving a restaurant in New York City together before they were.
Speaker 2: Before it was pass week. We broke that.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Hazy, come easy, go Mark. So much to discuss already, it's just sticked over three o'clock tonight. Look it's six hours away. Set your timers. It is a sort of a repeat really of that iconic tar A Brown sixty minutes interview with the girl that everyone's talking about, Belle Gibson, the wellness shister. Everyone's watching Vinegar, including me this weekend. She's a fascinating creature. We are going to be catching up with Tara Brown in studio live, in studio live, and also we're going to see all the bits that we've already seen from that interview, but also heaps of behind the scenes footage. Now, if there's one thing I've learned from Belle Gibson, it's telling the truth is overrated. And I had a day off last week. I had terrible food poison. But had I known that I could trot this out instead, I would have.
Speaker 7: You had three hard operations, you suffered two cardiac arrests, you died twice on the operating table, You had a stroke, and you were diagnosed with inoperable branch shimmer and given four months to live.
Speaker 2: Correct correct, Correct, Correct.
Speaker 3: Woman Tara Brown will join us before four o'clock. The word iconics thrown around a lot in this day and age, but she is an icon, Tyra Brown.
Speaker 1: And she's the sort of woman we were talking about rating yourself. I reckon she'd give herself for two and she's a solid.
Speaker 2: Ten, solid ten yeah, thirteen twenty four to ten. Next we are playing around of Chrissy's Quizzy.
Speaker 4: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Let's give away a limited edition bum bag.
Speaker 4: Chrissy's Quizzy.
Speaker 1: Fiona, Hello, Fiana, Leona there, she's not there. Let's move on to Emma. Hello, Emma. Hi, Chrissy, Hi, you might be you know, you might just win this by default Stephen Bradbury style, because Fiona was keeping very quiet.
Speaker 6: Tom Bradbury the other day was that it was never.
Speaker 1: Never has anyone got so much mileage out of being a loser. Absolutely like it's the best thing that ever happened to him. Stephen Bradbury. Now let's check him with there. Could you hear me? You just sort of sleeezing all over you before going. But you scared, We're scared. You're scared, won't you?
Speaker 11: No, not at all all.
Speaker 1: Right, you know the you know the drill gilds. Your names are your buzzers. Best of five, first person gets three correct, you get the bum bag. And Jack has been very generous lately.
Speaker 2: I'm not feeling that generous.
Speaker 1: Oh it's over, is it? Because when things were good for you in your personal life, you were giving away vouchers?
Speaker 3: Like, Okay, things are good in my personal life, so I will give away vouch because I don't want to start that narrative.
Speaker 2: Question number one, what's it good?
Speaker 3: I'm just it's Monday, man's grim good.
Speaker 1: There's going to be a voucher.
Speaker 2: Question number one.
Speaker 1: Name the sporting event that took place in Adelaide over the weekend? Care factor zero for the ladies, it is live golf. Question number two, what's another name for a chemist? Starting with a p emma? Yes, Emma, pharmacyst It is a pharmacy. Question number three. One of my favorite places, by the way, is a chemist. I just love it the best Question number three. Twenty one years ago today, Alicia Keys released this song as single.
Speaker 2: You If I Got You?
Speaker 1: What a song? Does someone say? Janets? Have we suddenly got a Janet? Oh? Emma? Who said it. We just want to know what it's called you No, Emma, Yes, do you remember in the days of the original Australian Idol with like the insufferable Mark Holden and Dick O and Marsha Hines. Every second audition was that song.
Speaker 3: Question number four is for the win, Emma, Fiona, you could still bring it back though.
Speaker 1: I'm a select I'm a celebt finished up last night. Who took out the crown?
Speaker 6: No idea?
Speaker 1: Yes, it was not Reggie robbed she won a couple. Actually, she has to come on or did the producers make that crown from stuff from Spotlight for nothing? It was Sam Thyday.
Speaker 2: Question number five, guys, Tara Brown's waiting in the hallway. We've got to keep this quick.
Speaker 1: Question number five A moped is a type of what? Yes, Emma, it is a motorcycle. Oh oh god, the disappointment I had that. Lucky for you, Fiona, Jack is having a great time.
Speaker 3: I'm having a really good time, and you are both walking away with Baker's Delight vouchers and it's just going to be a really great Monday night for you both.
Speaker 2: I can feel it.
Speaker 1: If you haven't had a savory bite, please get them and at least six fit in your new bum bag.
Speaker 4: All right, Chrissy Swan show.
Speaker 1: Everyone is talking about and watching the Netflix series Apple Cider Vinegar, including me and including you, Jack, Yes, and I would say including our next guest, the Great Tara Brown. Hello, Tara, Hello, thank you. Now tonight on Channel nine, there is a very special broadcast of a television show called Dangerous Lies. Colin Unmasking Belle Gibson and you very famously interviewed her for sixty minutes.
Speaker 7: Yes, I did, about almost a decade ago now, and it was at the time when her whole world was starting to unravel, the world that she'd created around herself becoming a wellness warrior and promising hope to people absolutely desperate for some cure for their cancer. And yeah, that all started to come unstuck. And it was at that time that I interviewed her.
Speaker 1: Why do you think she even agreed to be interviewed by you?
Speaker 7: I don't really know, to be honest. I think I think maybe it was her attempt to get take hold of the narrative control it again. Maybe it might have been a bit about attention. You know, I'm not sure about that, but maybe it was to try and save what was left of her reputation and her future in that space.
Speaker 1: She's such a mysterious, confusing person from you know, outside of the screen. You're one of the few people that have actually met her. What is What were your impressions of her as a person?
Speaker 7: Well, pretty much the same as your She's a very confounding person. But look when I first met her for that interview, and it was in that interview room, you know, she seemed young, she seemed slightly anxious, she seemed friendly, open, eager. The mood in the room changed markedly as the interview progressed. But you know, she seemed really sweet to begin with, and then she became very slippery, just even in the face of the most simple question.
Speaker 1: You've mentioned that she's young. We have to talk about the following exchange.
Speaker 7: How old are you? I've always been raised as being currently a twenty six year old. How old are you? Well, I live knowing as I've always known that I would be twenty six. Okay, Bell, I've this is a really really simple question. How old are you? I believe that I'm twenty six.
Speaker 12: I have.
Speaker 7: Two birth certificates, and I've had my name change four times when you needed to file some financial documents, How did you choose the birthdate you gave? If you don't know with my most recent deepole paper currently, then according to those documents, you're twenty three correct.
Speaker 1: Can you here? That is the most bonkers exchange I've ever heard. Can you explain it in any more detail?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 7: I mean the red flag came up immediately, didn't it. You know, I was always raised to be Yeah, I mean, I don't know who says that, or I don't understand I shouldn't understand why, Tara.
Speaker 3: I found watching Apple Side of Vinegar really difficult because of the blatant lying like I actually found it hard to watch when you're interviewing someone like that and you can see so clearly they're just lying. Does it annoy you, as the journalists do asking the questions?
Speaker 9: Yes, it does.
Speaker 7: I mean it makes me feel like I'm not getting anywhere, which is frustrating. And what she had done had consequences, and I guess we were just asking her to be accountable for misleading so many people, for lying about her health, and how that you know what those lies actually meant in terms of life and death for people, and so you know, I wasn't just out to get her or be mean to her or anything like that. I was trying to find out what was this crazy show all about? And you know she'd start perhaps with a grain of truth, and then go down some crazy rabbit hole, and so yeah, I found it very frustrating.
Speaker 9: I came away with a huge headache.
Speaker 1: Actually, in apples even didn't need a shot of appleside video that everything in Apside Vinegar. She has a way, and I don't know if this is real or just the character. She has a way sort of going along and being very sweet and then getting like the tail comes out, like there was a she's at a mother's group and then she's someone annoys her and she goes, your baby's got a flathead and all of that sort of stuff. Did you see any of that? Did she say before she left you need some sleep, you got bags or something like that?
Speaker 9: No she did not, No, she didn't.
Speaker 7: The mood was very down and she lost her lightness and brightness and chirpiness, I think, which was probably pretty natural. But no, she didn't say anything too nasty in anything nasty at all.
Speaker 3: In the show Apple Side of vine guitar. Obviously, there is an actress that plays you, and she does a great job, but it just didn't hit the same for me because you are iconic. I hope you know that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Had they asked you to play yourself in the Netflix show, would you have said yes? Is it something you would have been up to doing to recreating it?
Speaker 9: Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 7: They didn't ask they I shouldn't even know about it.
Speaker 1: Bulls, they're bulls.
Speaker 3: Now to nine to ten PM, Dangerous Lies Unmasking Bell Gibson. We get to see some sort of footage that wasn't shown back in twenty fifteen. Can you give us a little tease into what that is.
Speaker 7: Well, it's sort of bits and bobs around the interview that you know, we didn't have time to show the first time round. But it's also knitting together the Bell Gibson story, and it includes people closest to her, like her former very close friend who turned whistleblower and falls them for the whistleblower. Going to the age and the great journalism from that newspaper. Then maybe we wouldn't be talking about Belle Gibson to that.
Speaker 1: I have any idea where Bell Gibson is right, now, what's she doing?
Speaker 7: I believe she's still in Melbourne. You might bump into her. Yeah, And I don't know what she's doing, but I think you know she's keeping a fairly low profile.
Speaker 1: And Clive rothwell, oh my god, I've got so many questions. I will be watching tonight Dangerous Lies Unmasking Bill Gibson ten past nine on Channel nine. Will you stick around, Tara? We're going to talk about you, not at Belle, and I'm going to start by saying, how old are you?
Speaker 4: The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: And there is a special on Channel nine tonight called Dangerous Lies Unmasking Belle Gibson, and it shows and never before seen footage of the great sixty minutes interview that was conducted by the Great Tara Brown. She's stuck around. Hello Tara again, Hello Tara.
Speaker 3: I've got to ask before we get to our type five. I love in the trailer of tonight's special, there's a crew member that says this to Belle.
Speaker 2: That's a great sweater you got there at Belle? Who asked that? Tara?
Speaker 7: That was my senior producer, Stephen Taylor.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: That's sort of what you do to like listen people up because it's not a great sweater. It's a hot pink roll.
Speaker 2: It's awful.
Speaker 7: Well, if you know Stephen, you know exactly what that tone meant. But we've never seen a turtleneck quite like that before. I think he was sort of speaking what perhaps a lot of people were thinking.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I've got written in front of me that the first person you ever interviewed was Mel Gibson, and now we're talking about Belle Gibson. I feel like there is a weird wing there.
Speaker 9: It is weird, isn't it.
Speaker 7: No, Mel Gibson I was one of the first celebrity interviews I did when I joined sixty Minutes, and he was kind of terrifying. Actually, Belle Gibson was terrifying in another you.
Speaker 1: Can really pick him. Yeah, Mel's an unusual man, let's put it that way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was very shy and difficult to extract anything from. But you know, we bonded over a cigar and it was okay.
Speaker 1: The What are some other things that you've had to do with interview subjects to show them that your friend not foe?
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, you know, I've ice skated just I've traveled to Snake Island, which was terrifying. I still have nightmares about that snake's attacking me in my sleeve.
Speaker 1: We won't see you on the new series of Armor Celebrities. Let's get to know you a little bit better with this tight five, Tara Brown, what is your favorite holiday destination? If you could just grab your Toska carry on right now, where would you be going?
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, anywhere with a beach and then blue green water?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What sort of mixed drink would you partake of at that beach?
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, I've just done a story on methanol poisoning, so I think a beer.
Speaker 1: What was your first concert?
Speaker 9: Oh it might have been Elton John.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Before he was he was a cranky old queen. How much coffee do you have a day? And what do you order?
Speaker 7: I order a long black and I probably have about two I've cut down.
Speaker 1: You're so stylish? Is your house just so stylish that it is?
Speaker 9: I have two teenage boys, No it's not.
Speaker 1: It is be you. You contain all of their stinky undies and stuff to their rooms.
Speaker 2: Imagine your mum being Tyra Brown? How iconic, So.
Speaker 9: I don't think.
Speaker 7: They don't think so remind me daily.
Speaker 1: That's the annoying thing about children. They don't understand how good they've got it with a great mom like you and like me. Who was your favorite designer to wear? Gosh, oh my, I want to say Carlos and Patty. I can see that's true.
Speaker 7: Actually know that you're right, Chrissy, You've got it in one I do. We're actually a lot of colors and Patty thanks to our wonderful wardrobe department.
Speaker 1: At Channel Night, you used to work on a current Affair. Yeah, do you ever miss the interviews with the neighbors from hell rather dog owners, the hoarders that won't leave?
Speaker 7: Look, I could sidestep a hoarder any day of the week, but.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: I was watching the promo for the weekend for Akka and that just made me laugh. You know, it's a great show for that, and we did some great stories, you know, really speaks to what everyday people are going through and we had a lot. I had a lot of fun on that show and it's still doing a fabulous job.
Speaker 1: And lastly, another Channel nine icon, Liz Hayes, has recently stepped back from her duties. Are you jealous? And when are you planning on going? You know what, I'm just going to go and I'm just going to go and drink methodol on the beach somewhere.
Speaker 7: Well, I think you'll find Lizzie might be stepping back from nine. But I'm sure this is not the last we've seen of Liz. And am I jealous? I've always been jealous of Liz. She's amazing.
Speaker 9: And do I are you trying to retire me? I'm trying to get me off the screen.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 9: I want to know.
Speaker 1: I want to know how long I've got with you.
Speaker 7: I no not thinking about that. As I said, I have teenage boys. I need something in my life that keeps me sane.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true. Who's going to pay for all those tennis rackets and runners and stuff? You're absolutely right around.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 3: We love you and you must tune into Dangerous Lies Unmasking Bell Gibson nine ten pm tonight on Channel nine after Maths. Thank you for all the great work you do.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you, thanks for being so lovely.
Speaker 4: The Crissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Joel, if you're listening, I don't know where you're sou patch kids, dummy gummies, wed okay, Chrissy's click bait. Leave Kylie alone, Leave her alone, Leave Kaylie alone, our queen Queen. She's kicked off her tour in per tension, so good. I wonder does she do that. We're going to go through the setlist in a minute, but she's kicked off her tour in perth and people are saying things and I just want to get their faces and mash them up because Kylie is a legend. Again, we're bandied around the word icon, but we've had some very iconic women on this show today. Tara Brown earlier hit us up on the podcast for that, and now we're talking about Kylie. People said we love you and support you, queen, but let's be honest. Structure of the show was disappointing. It was a lack of creativity.
Speaker 2: Get lost, shut up.
Speaker 3: Also, what are people comparing it to If they are trying to compare it to the show girl to over twenty years ago, get a grip.
Speaker 2: She's not that age anymore.
Speaker 3: It's we should just be thankful and kissing the ground that she's put a tour on for us. Correct she could be sitting at home with her feet up watching reruns of Neighbors, and she's not She's singing for us, that is right.
Speaker 1: I want to thank her for that. I also want to thank her for the last two albums loved. I want to thank you for Dump A Dump. I wanted to thank you for keeping it fresh. I want to think of for the reel that she posted to Instagram with a girl who got tickets and cried and Kylie was choking up as well.
Speaker 2: She is a marvel.
Speaker 1: And I also want to thank her for the setlist.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's thru. There's thirty going by the way Friday night. My god, amazing, cannot wait.
Speaker 3: There are thirty two songs, twany, but you and I weirdly were excited about a select few that she's thrown in there that you wouldn't expect.
Speaker 1: I mean, there are some classics in there, obviously, spinning around is in there on a night like this Olympics memory for Dump a Dumb Shocked Better the Devil.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: I loved that incarnation of Kylie and that's going to go.
Speaker 3: Off the locomotion we know she'd put in there. But there's songs like this, that you wouldn't expect.
Speaker 1: Oh what a song.
Speaker 2: Another favorite of mine is I Believe in You.
Speaker 1: Ah, I've got the scups on the top of my head. How't believe we picked the same three and you and then I'm so excited about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love it when she's sexy, don't you In this Valenciaga dress video, sexy's.
Speaker 1: So a little real. Recently of her singing with Madonna live at the Madonna show and they were like hugging and kissing.
Speaker 2: That was recent. Yes, yes, I do remember that.
Speaker 1: Ye friends, and I remember looking at Kylie and just thinking, you that girl from Camberwell High. Are you okay?
Speaker 9: One way?
Speaker 1: I like this song anyway. She just would be pinching herself that she's on stage, arm in arm with the legend that is on and I believe that.
Speaker 9: At the end.
Speaker 1: Madonna sang can't get You out of My head?
Speaker 2: Yes she did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how amazing. All right, let's move on. There's been a celebrity spotting at the airport. It is not a bag lady in a stolen car heart jacket. It is Billy bloody Eilish, Billy bloody Eilish. As I live in Broods Tullamarine. She has the mask she's got on her face. It's like those you know, coronavirus ones. It's so big it looks like an adult diaper. Either she's got a very small face, which would make sense because people with small faces look beautiful on camera. She's either got a very small face, or she has stolen a depend from one of the quantesses.
Speaker 2: Billy would never do that. Chrusy Swine.
Speaker 3: I know, man, I'm so excited to have all these stars in Australia.
Speaker 2: Drake's about the perform in Sydney.
Speaker 1: What is she carrying there? It looks like an ouzzy? Is it like a it's some sort of weapon? Oh no, it's a bostl. But it's like, you know, hardcore.
Speaker 2: It's really big. Is that a Stanley cup?
Speaker 1: Maybe? All in black? And it makes me feel very You know how sometimes you buy something and you go, well, I don't even know if that's cool or not. I bought a cheek bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh you're sick. Car heart bag.
Speaker 1: I was going to Sydney to speak on the conference and I needed to look fancy on the plane and I bought this and it's car heart and I thought, I like Carhart, but I don't know if it's cool. Yes, Billie Eilish is wearing it.
Speaker 2: It's cool, man, I sould Tim Joel. They're up next. We'll see it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to Nova podcast dot com. Do you