Speaker 1: We got get you the Morning every day, Adelaides. Now that's a job.
Speaker 2: That was a joke.
Speaker 1: That's a job, job, terrible job.
Speaker 3: Before we go absolutely ballistic at Abby Jode's, let's have some.
Speaker 4: Fun go on, all right, we might as well toy with her for a little bit before we absolutely rip into her. Yeah, okay, who's got a good joke?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you want bigo first?
Speaker 3: Guys, I'm going then, okay, and then we'll build up to abs go on second, because you know she's a queen of delivery.
Speaker 1: She's had three days to work on I had a long weekend to work on it. Yeah, okay, one of us had a long weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nice, isn't.
Speaker 1: Didn't you guys get the memo?
Speaker 3: I thought that was for everyone, good stuff, all aer this unbelievable stuff on the weekend. So there was a man who went to the local papers pun contest, so he sent him ten different puns in the hope at least one of the partons would win. But unfortunately no puny ten did sort of one word broken down.
Speaker 2: It's a bunch of different.
Speaker 1: Better but anyway, movies should I should probably do a credit for this one.
Speaker 4: This one was posted on our group family chat for the kids by my sister in law. I like to call her inappropriate NAT because she's very inappropriate and her name is.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, what do you call it inappropriate? That she's inappropriate?
Speaker 1: I just man explained it. He just man explained it to himself.
Speaker 4: But anyway, anyway, okay, what are you going into a toilet?
Speaker 1: You're Australian, aren't you am?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are you going out of a toilet? You're Australian? But what are you in a toilet? European?
Speaker 6: It's a beautiful words.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hazy's eye contact with me was just a few two seconds, like longer Linger because you see the little brain going.
Speaker 1: I think I get it. I don't know. That was the monkeys with the simple.
Speaker 6: There all right?
Speaker 1: You too? You want to hear a joke?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You like jokes. We got jokes?
Speaker 1: What you got sleep? Yeah? I don't get it either. Oh a awful? That is awful.
Speaker 5: It's funny because I slept all day on Friday.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Is it funny?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: It is about twenty minutes time when it's to furiously.
Speaker 4: Address if you've been waiting to skip the school holiday crowns for your next trip.
Speaker 3: Now is your chance you take a sneaky weekend with what if dot com?
Speaker 1: Just imagine all those empty.
Speaker 3: Beaches forcolidation and more on the what if that happens?
Speaker 1: What if it's ouzzy for travel? He's what you're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 6: What's the news today?
Speaker 1: Snooze news?
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's it's an information overload.
Speaker 3: You need a beautifully condensed and the three stories, the things you need to know when you wake you up, the.
Speaker 1: Most important things that you need to know today.
Speaker 4: So let's go to Abbey in the newsroom for post news news.
Speaker 1: What you got? Good morning.
Speaker 5: So there was a massive fire at these Sterling Bullworths yesterday.
Speaker 1: Some of the vision of this is just so scary.
Speaker 5: It all started in the aerosol aisle and the whole complex was evacuated.
Speaker 1: I was getting calls from my sister going, do you know what's going on?
Speaker 5: There's all these fire trucks going up the freeway and essentially this morning the fieries have come out and said that there's been fifteen million dollars worth of damage. So the entire Woolworths essentially is gutted. They did there was more than one hundred firefighters on scene, and they did, they did, were able to save the other businesses that are there. There's like a Baker's Delight, there's a Chibo, there's a fish place as well. But the sad news this morning and the frustrating news this morning on that is that two teenage boys fourteen years old have been arrested.
Speaker 1: Wow oh for that fire. So just a moment of madness from those kids. Yeah wow.
Speaker 5: But the footage online there's these you can see these flanes in the aisle going up to the roof and yeah, more than one hundred firefighters and they couldn't contain it and you know, until the very end.
Speaker 2: So yeah, goodness, unbelievable stuff.
Speaker 1: News.
Speaker 4: You want to talk about the bicycle bandit please? So this is this story is absolutely incredible. So the bicycle band ha hit eleven different banks, like from I don't know two thousand and four to about twenty fourteen, and so cops have spent another decade since he first hit a bank trying to catch this guy and they've arrested a seventy three year old.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, serious and organized Crime Branch detectives arrested the man early on Friday at his O'Sullivan's Beach house.
Speaker 1: I remember covering one of these for the News the bike as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so at least on four occasions he escaped on a bike, but he had a strategically placed car elsewhere right the bank, so he'd ride off his bike and then he'd jump in a car off the backstreets.
Speaker 5: I love these stories of it's been years and years and years and they find because they've they've caught him on DNA. So it's been all these years later and you think back to all the big crimes that have happened across the world, and now because of DNA, they're nabbing these people.
Speaker 4: Because it's seventy three and he netted over two hundred and fifty thousand dollars in cash.
Speaker 5: I heard these bank and you see his house at O'Sullivan Beach apparently worth about a million bucks.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it did well.
Speaker 4: But you would think it's seventy three, I've gotten away with this, like I'm good to go.
Speaker 1: Well, twenty years later he was, Yeah, fifty three when he did it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, never robbed banks on a bike. It's the key message.
Speaker 1: There us a little bit of sport, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm going to fish up with a bit of a cricket World Cup news. Of course, Australia taking on Sri Lanka tonight and they need to win to start up a bit of a shaky start. Zero and two second turned it on. What about this England and we love this went down to Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: Oh so Afghanistan put on two hundred and eighty four England all after two hundred and fifteen. Our boy Rashid cahn't three thirty seven.
Speaker 4: Obviously a little adelaide strike a boy coming back again for this season.
Speaker 3: But it feels like you's South Australia. It feels like it absolute superstar. So there you go so quickly touched on as well. We will tom rend a little bit later on after seven o'clock. But your diamonds got over the black ferns.
Speaker 1: Diamonds have silver ferns.
Speaker 2: Even just even when I said, I was like, well, I look at you.
Speaker 1: Go so close. Yet so far.
Speaker 4: We've dominated New Zealand over the weekend, absolutely smacked them onto occasions.
Speaker 2: I love there you go.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 3: That's nice news news, that's a post snooze news Day's you ever thought that if you didn't get married? He gets to the stage, We're like, what am I even doing? But I still want to have a wedding, but I can't find a partner.
Speaker 1: No, that's never occurred to me.
Speaker 3: It's happened to a lady over and and a woman who spent twenty years saving for her dream wedding has thrown herself her own big day after not meeting the right partner.
Speaker 1: Why you just marry yourself, fear? Why not?
Speaker 2: Because you know yourself like no other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: And as I say, you've got to love.
Speaker 1: Yourself before you can love anyone else.
Speaker 2: A lot of people do love themselves. Loves themselves sick, don't they.
Speaker 3: Sir Wilkinson, who was forty two, decided to hold a wedding ceremony conducted by her celebrant friend in Suffolk, in England. The bride was surrounded by forty of her closest family and friends for the ceremony. Miss Wilkinson said she wrote fourteen vowels for her to honor, with the first being a promise never to relinquish control of the TV remote.
Speaker 1: A classic says, oh that's good bye.
Speaker 6: Sarah.
Speaker 3: I mean all the fight you have with your partner or even yourself over the TV remote right now, I've got kids never know what the TV remote is. Sometimes zens up in the bath.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Henry's twenty five minutes looking for the Apple remote yesterday?
Speaker 2: Good, isn't it?
Speaker 4: And you do that thing where it's got to be in the cushions. Yeah, so you can really dive down.
Speaker 2: It's not in there. It wasn't there somewhere else.
Speaker 1: It was hiding behind the pictionary.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it Absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's people that get the stage of their life where you're starting to go, well, what are we going to do here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, is it an option to genuinely marry yourself?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess you can.
Speaker 4: And I think the whole isn't The whole purpose of life is to love yourself, isn't it?
Speaker 3: And that's the thing that's the thing about this, because if you seriously break it down, and break it down right now and gives your thoughts via texto full double nine one nine nine or nine, could you genuinely marry yourself? Can you identify your own flaws? And do you think that you would be your good.
Speaker 1: Life time and marry yourself anyway. Yeah, I don't think I lot myself.
Speaker 3: I just sort of feel like that we could both. We could quite honestly both look into the future after marrying ourselves and know that we've been divorced through irreconcilable differences.
Speaker 1: That would break my heart.
Speaker 4: You've been through an actual divorce with a man who didn't want to be married to me anymore.
Speaker 1: Imagine if I had to go through my own own divorce with myself.
Speaker 2: That'd be tough, wouldn't I know?
Speaker 3: For me, it would be probably a couple of reasons, probably through just listening too much, which we've spoke about before. Me in a relationship with someone and all they want to do is listen to what you've got to say, And it's like, mate, can you just have some time for yourself? Know what all I want to do is please you. But I'm in the same relationship is just not working.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 1: Mate. We get through, we get through breaks.
Speaker 4: Sometimes and halfway through, I'm like, he's not even listening to what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's so busy pushing buttons. He's got no idea what's coming out of my mouth.
Speaker 3: The other one's probably flatchlence in bed. Yeah, being on the receiving end of that finally tip me over the edge.
Speaker 6: Not farming.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't. You're a pig get out? Oh wow, that's what that feels like. Justly quite horrible, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I think for you it's probably you've had enough of someone stealing your food. Yeah, you're breaking up with yourself because finally you've been tipped over the edge.
Speaker 1: I don't even touch your food anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm not even allowed to look at your food anymore. It's gotten that bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I imagine being married to yourself. Yeah, and you're constantly stealing your own Can you imagine how infuriating that you've been? And I would say the last reason why are you break up with yourself? And it's written on the official end of marriage papers and everything. So I cannot stand being married to someone whose name isn't Greek.
Speaker 2: I can't do a Jody from Jody the Weekend. Look at sixty eyes around.
Speaker 4: The joy that you bring when you walk into the studio, it's incredible.
Speaker 7: Well, the feeling is mutual, as you know, it's more than reciprocated Jode's good to be here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'm not a heap of sport on the weekend, but a little bit.
Speaker 6: A few bits and pieces.
Speaker 7: Great win for the adelade thirty six is they finally get their season sort of off the mark.
Speaker 6: They've got their first win of the season.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I was up and about about the Sixers having a win finally because they would have been zero to five, yes, but would have been horrible. So I'm texting this peanut going, we're back, We're back. The boys are back, and you're like, I just.
Speaker 3: See you hold your horses right, hold your horses when you're playing a Hawk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but good to see the young fella Trent and Flowers eighteen points in the last quarter. That was unreal. The netball, Jody, I know you'll be happy. The Aussie's won overnight. They beat the New Zealand Silver Ferns fifty five to forty six. So great result there mixed results for the women's footy teams. The Crows another win the top of the pops. They're seven and zip but Port Adelaide record breaking lost, biggest ever. It's only their second season and what about Michael Pryort from West Coast. This was a bit bizarre. Came out after their game against Melbourne last night and said it's a joke that the fixture it that they play the running premiers and it's like, well, he just doesn't think they should have to play them because there's ten games, and he doesn't think because they finished bottom last season. I think he thinks they should only play against the other bottom sides.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michael Sweety, it doesn't that you don't get charity matches.
Speaker 7: I think he was waitning for a half time. You know, they say, okay, there's not going.
Speaker 6: To be a ball up. It's just your ball.
Speaker 7: And you you, you and you you can swap jumpers and play for the other team.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's the most ridiculous thing.
Speaker 6: Crazy. So that was a bit bizarre. A little bit of other sports.
Speaker 7: The Adelaide United Women, what a match for all against Cambri United.
Speaker 3: What about with all due respect as well with the Adelaide United goalie.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 6: The best game.
Speaker 7: The first goal was bad where she kicked it into the defend, but the second one the ball just went so supposed to or you're supposed to get that one.
Speaker 2: In the dream. You can't run.
Speaker 7: She was like, you know, the the running she just keept running on the spot.
Speaker 2: There was no God but a good comeback.
Speaker 7: Good comeback, great coming and trade period of course finishes on Wednesday for the Crows and Port and all the other sixteen sides in the AFL the men's competition, so we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 4: Speaking of soccer, got up early on Saturday morning to watch the soccer Roos take on England.
Speaker 1: At Wembley and we had so many chances, I know, oh my god.
Speaker 6: And that can be the nature of the game, can't it.
Speaker 7: You know, it's it can be frustrating like that, and that's why the strikers get paid the big bucks, because you get nothing for it unless you score.
Speaker 1: No absolutely good soccer chat, good soccer.
Speaker 2: Chat, I love. That's all right.
Speaker 3: Any very important time of the week, not just morning for you.
Speaker 2: What sort of joke you got for us? Well?
Speaker 6: This this is me.
Speaker 7: What's the difference between a snowman and a snow woman? Snow by ready?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Good luck to the Aussie's tonight and the cricket as well. World Cup need to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah stuff.
Speaker 3: Friday morning news reader Abby so lately, in fact, emerge into a three day weekend.
Speaker 6: What the help?
Speaker 4: Okay, talk us through it, because from our point of view, we were worried that something had happened.
Speaker 3: We're so worry, and all of a sudden were like, everybody's wake up, Jabby, where the hell is she?
Speaker 1: So we walk in your seats empty. How many miss calls did you have on your phone? Eleven eleven?
Speaker 4: And so it got to the point where the boss was looking up your emergency contact and then we eventually you were like, oh, I've got Tamora her sister's numbers, so we call her and then she calls your mom and then actually you wake up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So okay, So I got up. I don't know, and this is probably it was probably right on my get up time, but I just went, oh, you know, when you don't want to check your phone.
Speaker 1: She's like, maybe there's another hour to go.
Speaker 5: So I'll quickly get back into bed and go back to sleep because I've still got an hour to go. So got up and I went to the bathroom, and I came back and got back into bed. Then I had about I kind of rolled over and I just saw this like glint of sun or light coming through my curtains, and in my head I went, maybe I've done Friday already, Like maybe it's Saturday mornings. I get up usually at this time for the gym on a Saturday, so maybe I've gone through Friday and not remembered. And then I've checked my phone and all hell has absolutely broken.
Speaker 3: Worst, Yeah, that's the sunlight or UFO.
Speaker 5: But Mum comes running down and as she's on the phone to Tamra going oh my god, she's still in bed.
Speaker 1: What are we going to do?
Speaker 5: I then call producers all the way back and I'm like, I am so sorry. And then when I check and do a bit of an investigation, I find that I set my alarm for PM instead of instead of AM.
Speaker 1: Right. And this is the thing when you do breakfast radio.
Speaker 4: If you wake up during the week and there is any sort of light, or if there's any birds chirping, you know you're in trouble.
Speaker 2: You're either late or you've died and you've gone to heaven.
Speaker 5: And in the six years that I have been doing Brecky radio or close to I've never completely because good bye. But like it's ten to seven, so by the time I would have got brush my teeth, chuck some clothes on, gott in the current driven up.
Speaker 1: I'm in Seaford.
Speaker 5: It's a thirty five forty minute drive, especially at that time of the morning, says, Actually, cars on the road. There was no point in coming in, so I've never Actually we would.
Speaker 4: Have been horrified if you had have come in here and done your job without cleaning your teeth exactly.
Speaker 5: Exactly, so there was just no point. Essentially by that point, I just went, you know what, I'm going to make a coffee and I'm going to listen like a listener today and give me some feedback on Friday show a.
Speaker 2: Few days after.
Speaker 3: Perhaps we're at this point. But unfortunately for you damage he's done.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 5: Hazy called me so I had I had horse. Hazy, He's in my phone. A's horse and it comes up and I went hi, and he goes.
Speaker 1: What the hell happened? My goodness?
Speaker 5: Now, in saying that to apologize, I went, how am I going to say?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 5: I actually have I baked a banana bread last night, and I've left a banana bread in the office and everyone after our post show meeting we could all have banana bread to.
Speaker 4: Get it's so nice and so lovely of you, and I would suggest that you offer some of that banana bread to the girls in Melbourne or Sydney.
Speaker 1: Who covered your shift.
Speaker 5: Yes, they've had multiple messages saying thank you.
Speaker 3: Send some of that banana bread to Ashgarda whose sleeping pattern has just been thrown so far out of whack.
Speaker 2: I don't you know what weak it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's weird though.
Speaker 5: I got an email from our boss, boss Josh, and he said, can you come to my office after nine o'clock with a box?
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means though.
Speaker 2: Did you mention the support person as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: He's trying to organize a surprise party for you, right, and that's.
Speaker 1: What it is. Okay, Well, anyway, i'll let you know tomorrow what happens.
Speaker 4: Amanda from HR text me and said, make sure Abby's in Josh's office by nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means. Yeah, I don't know either. Anyway, that's good. It's fine.
Speaker 2: Thurday and twenty four ten. What'd you sleep through? What did you miss?
Speaker 3: Because there's nothing worse than the panic that sets in when you know you're genuinely late.
Speaker 1: It's horrible.
Speaker 5: I actually burst into tears at first, and producers always like, oh, they want to give you craps, so do you want to call through? And I was like, sorry, not right now, okay, And then afterwards, after I calmed down, I was like, Okay, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Things happen more important events or date. They just sleep through it gives a call. Thirteen twenty four to ten with.
Speaker 3: Thirty six is family Pass for grabs, don't miss in New York. Thirty six is this Thursday, they're taking on the Phoenix at the Entertainment Center. It's the hottest tick in down tickets from ticket Tech.
Speaker 4: And we're always here to support our team and to support Abby And that's why we put up on Instagram pol to say should she get the sack?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly right, and somehow came back no, she shouldn't. Still, I mean there's a message in this way.
Speaker 5: I'm so dirty at Greg as well, by the way, because he voted by by Abby, so he's dead to me.
Speaker 1: Just let him know that when you go home today, my husband's a troll.
Speaker 2: Thirty three or fourteen, we'll you sleep through it.
Speaker 3: We're talking all those situations, those times where you have slept in like news reader Abby on Friday morning. Everybody's weekly the Abbey from the newsroom version. Abby, you just treated herself to a little three day weekend if you don't mind.
Speaker 5: Abby from the snooze room.
Speaker 2: That's better.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I love that. Okay, you can go home again now, thank you. May your work here is done.
Speaker 4: Oh dear, I want to sleep through thirteen twenty four to ten and we've got some Adelaide are thirty six's tickets to give away?
Speaker 1: Don't miss the new look thirty six is this Thursday.
Speaker 4: They're going to take on Southeast Melbourne Phoenix at the Entertainment's in the hottest tickets in town.
Speaker 1: Tickets from ticket techt Yes.
Speaker 3: Let's go to McLaren our beautiful part of the world. That's where we find Arianne. We'll you sleep through.
Speaker 8: Hi. I'm a hairdresser and I slept through. I was supposed to do n I woke up my phone had died overnight, so I was late. But I think I got at eleven and got to marry at like twelve o'clock.
Speaker 3: This is this is what this is what I understand And can I be a little bit rude and ask how old you are?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Thirty four?
Speaker 2: Thirty four, so still still young enough. When did this happen?
Speaker 8: This was a few years though, Yeah, because yeah, seven years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a twenty sting when you're in your twenties. Yeah, you can genuinely.
Speaker 3: Not wake up until like hours and hours after when you're supposed to versus now I wake up every twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And how yeah I did? Was before kids?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And how did how did your work react? Not very well?
Speaker 8: Ended up having to work until about eleven o'clock at night? How was that bar blind? And that booked out?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 8: My mom wasn't very how.
Speaker 4: You Yeah, okay, so she didn't get Employee of the month.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, abbe find herself in a similar situation where behind the scenes crisis meetings, big bosses, banana breads are flowing in.
Speaker 1: Dristan from Macclesfield. What did you leap through?
Speaker 10: I actually slept through my year twelve exams?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's good back in the day.
Speaker 1: So how many listen to me? Oh my god, that terrifies me. So how many exams did you have?
Speaker 3: Just the one, just the one you're required to do one exam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, slept through it good?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And what time was the exam? Tristan?
Speaker 10: I actually I organized all my subjects, only had the one and thought it was an afternoon exam, but it ended up being a morning. They wracked up and they liked, no, that one's already been thing, okay, done.
Speaker 3: So then what happens? There's no way that you can negotiate doing it again?
Speaker 8: Nah?
Speaker 10: No, they would never borrow it.
Speaker 1: And just to fail basically failed year twelve.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it didn't matter because I went straight on the tools anyway.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 3: I wish I had done that insteads from one of my exams, I cheated twice in the exam notes in the back pocket, went to the talk twice, and Nan thought, I absolutely now that got the results back I got sixty one percent exams cheating throughout an exam and still getting.
Speaker 1: Sixty Oh do you haven't your landed on your feet?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 6: Dull?
Speaker 2: There we go news read abby though? All good? Yeah, do you get one? What's the deal here?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: How many times can you sleep in before you get in trouble?
Speaker 4: Oh, there's got to be some sort of warning, come on, first time in six years.
Speaker 1: We've only been doing the show this year.
Speaker 5: Okay, first time here in over a year. Yeah right, and I was getting up at three o'clock for majority of that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm hearing excuses walk up late, I hate you too?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 3: Then you headlong stead thirty six A take on the Southeast Melbourne Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, he's going to sleep through it. Yeah, what would be the point in that? I really, let's sure, it is so time for it.
Speaker 6: Let's go, girl girl.
Speaker 1: I just want to kick down a door every time I hear that. Yeah, girl, girls, I'm like.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'll be done soon or good as sake, I'm trying to do a number two.
Speaker 4: That is why you won't be participating in this little segment, Leah. So we've got news reader Abby in the studio in your thirties.
Speaker 1: Can I say that I am happily single?
Speaker 5: Hew yeah, yeah sure, no kids, No children. Two sausage shocks, they're children.
Speaker 1: They count. And we've got producer Zoe in the studio morning. Well, tell us your story.
Speaker 11: I'm the b I'm not. I'm in navigating a newish relationship for the first time in a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, quite career driven, you know, quite quite and then we have me and we all know my sad story.
Speaker 11: Oh okay, sorry you found print in your sure did Prince Gregy?
Speaker 1: Version number two?
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about dark fem energy, can we? What is that we've had about big D energy? This is dark fem energy. So it's a new dating trend doing the rounds. So if you jump on TikTok and you go down that rabbit hole, you'll.
Speaker 1: Be able to find this new trend.
Speaker 4: And basically it's a heap of darkfem energy videos that have headlines like how to ruin his ego, best way to control a man, make him spoil you, how to manipulate men.
Speaker 1: You get the gist. So it's flipping that whole.
Speaker 4: Narrative on its here that you know us women have been sort of objectified and treated poorly for many, many, many many years, my men, and now there's this movement to reverse it.
Speaker 5: So flip the script and do all the bad things that men have done to you back to them.
Speaker 1: Correct. Wow, it sounds pretty dark and devious.
Speaker 11: Were only is darkfam only for the guys that we know are no good?
Speaker 1: Or is it for any man? Any man? I think yeah, wild wow.
Speaker 4: So the tips include things like, if you want to ruin his ego, say something like I had to dive deep into your Instagram to show my friends a cute picture of you.
Speaker 2: Why don't you test some of them?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: I view our relationship Andrew as a brother like a brother sister type relationship. But the boy mayor is a psychologist. Say that you'd be gutted that I don't find you sexually attractive.
Speaker 3: Oh, which I don't do you find attractive?
Speaker 2: Given your brother?
Speaker 3: She always comes back to test.
Speaker 5: Because I'm working so hard to better myself and not do all the mistakes that I've done in the past with men. If that haven't worked out, so I feel like doing this, let's maybe test it.
Speaker 1: I need to find a test.
Speaker 4: Another one is if you want to make a guy obsess with you, never be too available, so you act like really super keen, and then you act cold, and then you're constantly changing the version of yourself and then he won't get.
Speaker 11: Ball any of that. No, I didn't. In fact, I was too keen. Man had to be like relaxed. Noah, I've been thinking for a long time.
Speaker 1: No, I hate games.
Speaker 11: I think it's ridiculous and you're never going to get a long lasting, happy, substantial relationship if it starts with games and lies and true Although the moment I do, I kind of like the idea of eat the men.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh wow, the.
Speaker 2: Zoey's a praying mantis.
Speaker 1: So your on your twenties. Do you know girls that would get involved in this sort of behavior?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 11: When we were talking about it before, I said, I've got quite a few girlfriends that follow this sort of not it's not that extent. Darkfem is pretty hectic, but I've got girls that definitely call men out publicly for things that they do on Instagram. That's a big one.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 11: If someone you know is hitting on them constantly, they will take screenshots and post it on their stories, that sort of thing to crush their egos, you know, but not not someone they're interested in.
Speaker 4: Okay, interesting, Yeah, are you going to have a crack at some of these Well, like.
Speaker 5: That said, I'm trying to be a better human, but maybe I should stop trying to.
Speaker 11: Put that on hold for the sake of the experience.
Speaker 5: So I need to find well I have because I'm an idiot and I was bored the other week, I have jumped back on the dating apps. Oh god, So maybe I need to find a little test bunny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do it, okate and I'll do it and see what happens. Do it for content on who will kill me?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Maybe I'll start doing it to Alex nine months in and see.
Speaker 3: What definitely and secretly record him.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with this, but anyway.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four to ten? Are you into dark femme tiktoking? Give us some examples energy, DARKFM energy? Are you all about it?
Speaker 2: I feeling like someone on the outside right now, But at.
Speaker 4: Least we've established we're brother and sisters.
Speaker 2: Stop hitting on me sis.
Speaker 3: Right now, we are right in the guts of chick chats and the headline is dark fem energies.
Speaker 4: So this is basically reversing the narrative based on the theory that men have messed with women for a very long time and now they want to turn it back on men and just crush their ego with all sorts of devious little tactics.
Speaker 2: Wow, sounds awful for us blokes.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound good, does it.
Speaker 3: But if it's coming back around in terms of like a calm situation then, quite deservedly.
Speaker 4: So how would you feel if Kara, you know, you've just had your third together, but just started playing these really toxic, manipulative games with you just to keep you keen.
Speaker 2: I'd be surprised. She's got two kids and a week and a half year old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that she's found the time and energy to do anything like that. But thirteen twenty four ten, I mean give us an example, this sort of darkfem energy which is apparently about to re boot itself into the atmosphere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you want to get amongst TikTok's the place to be.
Speaker 2: TikTok, isn't it? Okay, that's where we're missing out firstly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're taking you call thirteen twenty four to ten, and we've got we've got a family pastor pix up part that's back at the river Back Promenade at the Alleleague Invention Center.
Speaker 2: Text linem very busy as well. I thought to blow nine nine nine on nine.
Speaker 3: This one might excheated on me, so I posted a revenge instapost calling him out Dark fem for the win. That's from Alyssa in marrying there going It's darkfam energy.
Speaker 4: Good. I've got a text from Dan here from Brighton. I've had a chick do this to me. I didn't realize until a month in, but I guess that means it.
Speaker 1: Worked wo wow and they're still together.
Speaker 2: It depends what the messages as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be she was trying to deliver an instant message and bless us. But sometimes it takes us, just like Dan, a good month to realize what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirteen twenty four to ten, give us a call.
Speaker 2: All right, let's got a Liz in handoff.
Speaker 9: Good on, Liz, Oh, Liz, Yeah you did morning, guys. Look, I'm not giving you I'm actually wanting a wee bit of advice if you don't mind the Mooe Tie Club that I'm at. Do you guys mind doing it this way? You haven't asked for that. You want me to come at you with something amazing I've done, don't you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm not quite sure there, Liz. Well, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Look, the.
Speaker 9: Mooe Tie Club I'm at is like a I could only describe it as a boys den.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 9: I feel I feel privileged to fight there because I get so much out of it sometime I'm in a room of thirty blakes and just me and and you know, that's that's all good, but like there's little things that are kind of happening that the feminist in me is just thinking, shit, how do I sorry, how do I how do I deal with this without getting these blokes offside? And that's not like me. Normally, I would be the one that would go and call it out. And because it's a different culture and it's a different and they're all there's a lot of really top gentlemen there. I'm not saying anything otherwise, but like even the music they play like they play, I don't mind hip hop, but I don't mind it at all. I can handle it, but it's they have the real sex of stuff on sometimes and it's like they probably don't even realize, you know. And I'm standing there trying to skip and trying to punch and care and do that, and it's shaky, but you know, but it's beyond shaky, Birtie, and it's like I don't know how to tackle this and it's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Lise, thank you for the cool this morning.
Speaker 2: Dark fan nergy.
Speaker 1: I'm not quite sure what.
Speaker 2: That I have to do with d That's okay, it's awesome. I still send us a text as well.
Speaker 3: I for double nine nine nine one nine, because this new concept that I'm getting my head around.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think most men are getting their head around it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd like I mentioned with Dan via the text line. But for some of us, man, it's just hard to pick up messages.
Speaker 1: You're not very sure.
Speaker 3: Girls are so much clue out picking up little hints and science versus us. Man, that's where you're going to struggle, ladies when you're trying to subtly deliver a message.
Speaker 5: I love how I'm actually taking relationship advice off you.
Speaker 3: You just got to really dumb it down for us, all right, because sometimes we ain't picking up what you're putting out there because we ain't smart enough.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you just turned into like some sort of wrapper. What just happened?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Don't ever do that again?
Speaker 2: Clicking my fingers and as.
Speaker 3: You built your time, Maine, just another manic Monday. You're on the staisy version. Today's sixteenth of October. So Jade's let's take a little trip down memory lane, if you will. Nineteen seventy six, What a day on the calendar. Roan Fitzgerald was born right here in Adelaide. Oh, today's forty seventh birthday. Royalty, Absolute royalty, about faith.
Speaker 1: What's the bet he was born at the Norlunger Hospital.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he was born at the Norlunger Footy Club.
Speaker 1: Just in the change rooms there, Mad, he's locker ready.
Speaker 2: Already delivered himself as well.
Speaker 3: Nineteen sixty six, a seventy five year old Texas motorists received ten traffic tickets when he drove on the wrong side of the road four times. He committed four hitten run of fences and caused it six accidents or within twenty minutes in Texas. Wow, same sort of thing would happened today if Joe Biden got behind the window key wording he's old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty sure they would have revoked his license by now, wasn't they.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's quite the epic little motoring event for that seventy five year old In saying that in nineteen sixty six, who would be like, Oh, you know, it was just back in the day.
Speaker 2: Things like that used to happen all the time. Yeah, did they?
Speaker 3: There's no speed limits and we used to do this and we used to do that, and you're like, oh my gosh, thank goodness, things have changed.
Speaker 1: Oh we used to smoking the car with three kids in the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no seat belts as well. Exactly too many beers little kids drive home. You're like, oh my gosh, Dad, did you? Twenty twenty one and Adele is a single, Easy on Me, her first since twenty sixteen, broke the Spotify record for most streams in a single day. It accumulated twenty four million global streams within its first day.
Speaker 2: Wow, she's just an absolute beast powerhouse. Isn't it so good?
Speaker 3: And there will never be someone as good I reckon and as absolutely flawless as a singer as adult.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's from that David Beckham school though, where your voice doesn't quite match what you look like.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, oh chah, you want.
Speaker 10: You want some? I love you.
Speaker 3: And I'm on sorng in October sixteen, two thousand and one, Can't Get You out of My Head by Kylie Minogue. So Adele is Britain's absolute golden angel, then maybe Kylie is out.
Speaker 1: Remember when Kylie was putting on that English accent for a little while. Hi, it's Kylie Minogue. Yeah, she was for a little better.
Speaker 2: That's what happens.
Speaker 3: Shout of those people who go on a gap year six months. Larily got an English accent. You're like what you do because I bet you over there you were putting on a real strong Aussie accent.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but then you come back here and try to be super cool and be British.
Speaker 8: You're not.
Speaker 3: Don't one hundred percent rely every time that Abby's going to turn up for nervous papers seven thirty in the morning because sometimes she misses.
Speaker 5: Just onlups, guys, it was once and camera guy Josh shout out to him, who's having a day off today?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you guys.
Speaker 5: I can't believe I slept through my whole alarm. Anyway, I'm just going to take the whole day off.
Speaker 2: That's good. That's good gear. Yeah, good dear from Josh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: I guess what else comes up tomorrow? Songs A song song song returns. Don't if I was you, I'd be anxious tonight and sleep erradically.
Speaker 1: Well, I probably will. But this is the thing, and we have this discussion yesterday on the phone.
Speaker 4: You have messed with my psyche so badly with this competition that even when I go one up, a voice in the back of my head, the jody.
Speaker 5: I've got some advice for you. Just slip through your alarm, babe up. Can't lose if you're not here, That's so true.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the rest of you