Speaker 1: Apodjay Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the She Rises Podcast. I'm Ashy and I'm Tiana. This podcast is.
Speaker 3: About female empowerment and encouraging you to be your biggest, boldest, and most authentic version of yourself.
Speaker 2: We'd help you shed the shame, grow to a new level. We're gonna laugh, cry, and talk about the topics everyone else is too afraid to talk about. Get ready for your next level of self.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody, welcome back to another episode of She Rises with your favorites as She and Tiana.
Speaker 2: And we're a bit scared today. So you would have remembered, or maybe you didn't if you didn't listen to it. When Tiana first came on board, our producer came and asked her a couple of questions and they were quite intense. She does not hold back.
Speaker 3: She asks the harder hitting questions and the things that you would absolutely want to know about it personal.
Speaker 2: All the juicy, nosy questions. This is what we call our mystory episodes. So Katie, take it away, hate it away.
Speaker 1: I like to ask the questions that I think everybody wants to know the answers to, but that no one would actually ask you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like no one's willing to ask.
Speaker 1: All right, question number one, what's the easiest cash you've ever made?
Speaker 2: Influence work for sure, Although when I first launched anything, the first launch is always the biggest. So when I first launched active where it was over a million dollars and twenty four hours when I first launched my app, it was the same thing. But I feel influencer work is the easiest work that you could do. Like when influencers say they've got a hard job, I'm like, now you don't, Like, yes, it takes you've got to be creative and you've got to be on Like, for sure, it still takes brain power, but it's very easy to promote a product that you genuinely loved. Yeah, so I'd say that would be pretty easy. Okay, cool, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would say for me when I invested into the stock market, so like I wasn't actually doing anything for it, Like obviously you have to do research and what you're going to invest in to make sure that it's going to be something worth investing in. But all I was doing was adding money to it every week. Like I did that for like a year straight and then I made like half a million dollars in less than eight months or six months while all like that just from picking the stock, and I think I didn't have to like work for that.
Speaker 2: It felt like really easy money, girl math free. Honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like I invested twenty k and got back five hundred thousands. Yeah that is you know, so I would say that's the easiest money.
Speaker 1: What about when it dropped slightly, did you ever get nervous and go, oh, I need to pull out?
Speaker 2: Yes, that definitely comes up one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: But I think because even my family are very much into it, and they're like, you buy, hold, never sell. So with that mentality of like, well, even if it dips and the cycles happen, which happens every four years, there's always like a bear market, which is where everything drops and everyone freaks out, sells the houses, if you can hold through that time, you'll naturally get that reoccurring like up again. So if you can just hold strong, then like you always continuously make money as long as you don't sell out.
Speaker 2: That's what they say. Yeah, so interesting, isn't a good fun question?
Speaker 1: Number two? Do you find each other sexually attractive?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent of you seen it? Oh my god, so funny. Yeah, definitely, I think it's beautiful. I said at stable, she's so attractive, she's so beautiful when I first met her, and then saying, oh my god, I met this girl today, she's so hot. So yeah, for sure people think of lesbians.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll do yeah, went on, Yeah, I think actually is so beautiful. I'm like, I literally say to her all the time, I'm like, if only you could see yourself the way that I see you, mate, Like, oh.
Speaker 2: And I say it about when like her meeting someone, I'm like, there is going to be men lining about the door. If I was a guy, I'd be jumping on it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, even the questions we both love men, we do we do so funny.
Speaker 2: We appreciate women and their beauty. Yeah. When we speak about actually being with women, it's like, yeah, probably not for.
Speaker 3: Us, Yeah oh really Yeah, Yeah, it's something we'd like openly like talk about, like, oh, would you ever, I'm like probably not.
Speaker 2: Like I don't think I could see myself. Yeah, I could never date a woman. Talking about it and thinking about it, I'm like that's hot, but actually doing it, I don't know if I have the balls to do it. Like even even the other what what I got invited?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the other week, I indirectly got invited into a relationship. If I was into that, this was something I see myself doing. You know everything I was saying to Ash, I'm like, Oh, if I was like genuinely into it, maybe i'd probably question and attracted to both of them. Attracted to both. Yeah, But just for me when we talk about it, I'm like, oh, yeah, I can talk about it, but doing it is a completely different ball game. I'm like, I don't think i'd have the balls to be able to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then connection for me with a woman like I feel like I would need to be very emotionally connected with them to be that attracted to them, Like I find the energy connection was what I find attractive. Of course, when any woman walks past and it look beautiful, But I think to do something like that, I would need to have a connection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't just do something like that. I say this too all the time. I'm like, I'm no better than a man. When I see a girl at the gym with a good bum, I'm like, she worked hard for that, she got a good bump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then I'm.
Speaker 3: Also like love men with big builds and who are muscly and like that's a mummy energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about if it was a really hot couple and they were.
Speaker 2: Both really good looking and you're single? I don't know, see that. I am like, Oh, I don't know, Maybe.
Speaker 1: Just try it so there's no regrets.
Speaker 3: I would probably be curious about it for sure, But whether I would actually go through with it or not, I don't know because I have enough until now, you know what I mean, And I've had conversations about it, thought about it being like oh cool, I wonder what that would be like, but still have never acted on it. I think thinking about it and doing a completely different things. And also, like like what you were saying, it's not just about how they physically look, it's about like their connection.
Speaker 2: Are they safe?
Speaker 3: Like all the things that I would look for in a man I think would be applied the same if it were multiple people.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, yeah, but this couple wasn't it for you? No, it's a hard No, it's not for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about you, Katie?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. Jay would love to hear about it, kind of be like I'm up for anything.
Speaker 1: What have you said to a troll? This is probably more fashy. What have you said to a troll that you probably shouldn't have?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's anything directly that I've said, but I think I've just been a bit spicy back, like maybe just you know, you to take good look in the mirror, or I've been a bit passive, aggressive or sarcastic back to them. I don't think there's anything that really bad, Like I get told with my head in a blender, I get told to go walk in front of a bus, I get told go jump off a bridge. Never anything like that. It's more just like, okay, the other day someone wrote a shit review. I didn't even say anything, actually, but I said to Tiana, like I'd love to say to them, like you're complaining about listening to me for the last fifteen years, yet you're still here fucking listening. Yeah, Like go get a live, go for a hobby. Why am I your hobby? Stuff like that I think I've said over the years, like why are you here? Surely you have something better to do on your Sunday morning. See that there's a little bit of attitude in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just like, you're not putting up for the bullshit of coming online, coming onto your page where they don't have to be.
Speaker 2: But I should just block and delete. But sometimes I'm spicy and I'll just be like, well, what are you doing here? Like, surely you have a busy life, don't you have kids to go be with instead of being on my page.
Speaker 3: You also dealt with it for fifteen years. Yeah, so I could imagine that would push your buttons.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's not often, but every now and again I'll add a little spicy. This definitely comes down and just like no, fuck you and come on my page and disrespect me like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does it ever continue into an argument back home?
Speaker 2: No, don't allow it to because I'm just very protective of my energy and I'm like, you don't deserve to be my page if that's what you're going to do. And most of the time I just block them, delete them. You can see when they're being a.
Speaker 3: Trolled, Yeah, when you're looking for a fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But over the years and my fifteen years have I been back for sure, but never anything to the extent that I look back, I'm like, holy shit, why did I say that, you know.
Speaker 1: What would you like to say to one of Ashley's trolls when they tell her to put her head in a blender?
Speaker 3: Tatiana initially wanted to be like, get fucked. That sounds so bad, but like that was my initial just response thing because I'm so protective of her, but also like what are you doing? Just honestly, like what are you doing? Like I genuinely hope that one day you find something that lights you up enough in life that you aren't here sitting at your home on a computer putting down someone who is doing everything that she can to create a fucking really good life for herself, considering where she came from, that she actually had the balls big enough to go out and get where she fucking it in life. Like the fact that you're sitting there doing that to her just shows that maybe you wish that you could have done that in your life and you haven't yet done that, and she highlights that for you, So it's something to look at.
Speaker 2: I would love to just have a face to face conversation. I feel like within five minutes of them actually getting to know who I am and just talking to me, their assumptions about me would dissolve, I really do. I'd love to ask them and let them get out what they want to say and then talk about it. They realize a lot about themselves and a lot about the maybe noise that they've collectively heard or read or felt or assumed. I think it would disolve very quickly. They'd almost be disappointed, like, oh, yeah, she's nice. I wasn't expecting there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes as well, that's hard for people to look at because then they have to admit that they're at fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah. People don't like doing that, but you still do this. You still did that. Also, love just talking about and teaching about change. They hold onto things that I might have said or done fifteen years I'm like, oh my gosh, I was to go back and look at things that you've done with fifteen years ago. You're a be a completely different person now. Like allow people to evolve, grow and change, Like we all have to forgive ourselves for the mistakes that we made. We have to figure other people as well. You just know that's a part of their journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but no one will ever meet up with me. I've tried over the years.
Speaker 1: Because they don't want to be proven wrong, or it's.
Speaker 2: Embarrassing to be a troll. They know it is, because then they have to own it. Yeah, own it. That's not cool to be known as a troll. Why do they have no photos on their profile because they're embarrassed. They don't want to show you that they are.
Speaker 3: People get uncomfortable with the face to face. People only comfortable because it's behind a screen and they died so that they can say the most unfiltered thing because there's no repercussions, or they believe that there's no consequence or repercussion for what they're choosing to do. But if they had every single person that they respected, loved, valued, cared about, or were inspired by sitting there watching them while they're trolling somebody who's doing good, they would be so ashamed.
Speaker 2: And it's not to make you feel shame or judgment if.
Speaker 3: This is something that you're doing, but it's just recognizing, like, would you actually be proud of the choices that you're making if you were fully aware of how that might impact you in your life?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't.
Speaker 1: It's like leaving a Google review, like you're happy to leave a Google review telling a restaurant that their meal was shit, but you didn't say it at the time when you were there.
Speaker 2: Yes, wrong, right, it was a restaurant, and Polly appreciate the feedback. If you're like, hey, my stake was really undercooked, or this felt raw, or this had hair in it, you'd rather that you get told face to face and be able to make the improvements. Offer a free meal or discount for next time they come.
Speaker 3: But there's a way to do it, is like what you were just saying when you were sharing that.
Speaker 2: I was like, there's a way to do it. It's like anything in life.
Speaker 3: Communicators and not expecting that other people can't handle your honest feedback.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, one hundred percent. There is always a way to communicate. It can be done kindly and effectively.
Speaker 3: And then I'm over here like, fuck off.
Speaker 2: You don't actually do that though, No, I don't. You get to clelie and you can feel angry in the moment. Yeah, you know, that's normal.
Speaker 1: Next question, is there an influencer that you wish you were friends with.
Speaker 2: The first person that comes to mind is Leila Harmosey. Yeah, you love her? Do you love her?
Speaker 3: I would love to be a fly on the wall her perspective, her mindset, the way that she does business. She's got like a billion dollar empire and come from nothing, no money, you know, had to basically fend for herself and had a really hard upbringing to where she is now.
Speaker 2: I just find it really inspiring, and.
Speaker 3: I just I have a lot of respect for her and what I see her do and the way she navigates not only business, but emotions, relationships. There are a lot of beautiful things that I see her do, and she's just got this like she emulates a lot of strength. If I could, I would love to have a conversation with her and yeah, be a fly on the wall.
Speaker 2: I think that was really cool. I've always really liked Witnessments. She's a US influencer. She has a help on venis app, and she told her story of her upbringing and she has really bad psoriasis, and she's gone through depression and the online world, and I think maybe I find relatability in her story as well, going through a lot of grief at the moment, she's lost someone to cancer, and she's just very honest and real and humble and just seems like a really beautiful person. I think she'd be a really nice vibe to be around.
Speaker 1: What would you do if social media died tomorrow gone?
Speaker 2: Well, when we went to eat and retreat, I really loved not having my phone. I think I would really enjoy your life without my phone. I love it and I'm a digital to it, and it gives me all these opportunities and it's fun. We do content every single day. But I also loved how peaceful I felt not having a phone, so I'd kind of accept it. But work wise, I mean, I hope we could still do the podcast and retreats. But does something. Podcasts are not a thing.
Speaker 1: Podcasts are still a thing that you can't promote it on social media. There's no socials.
Speaker 2: Okay, hopefully we've built our podcasts up enough to continue to go, keep going and your in person stuff. But yeah, retreats, workshops, in person events. Hopefully we can still sell tickets without social media. I've always wanted to be a dog washer. I don't think I'll do that anymore, though, that was always to dream of mine. But even when I walk into a health food store, I could so see myself working in health food store. Love that I love health food stores. I don't know, maybe if I ever had to get like a normal job again quite unquote normal job. That's probably where I would go interesting about you differ through a normal.
Speaker 3: I think initially, like if social media were to die tomorrow, I would probably feel a lot of withdrawal at first, Like I think I would be pretty devastated and gutted because in the opportunity that social media does present, and also that feeling of feeling connected to everyone. I remember when I did a social media detox like six weeks, and I remember initially feeling, holy shit, I'm actually not as connected to people that as I thought I was, because I'm plugging into everyone's lives, watching what they're doing, but I'm not actually calling them, I'm not going and seeing them. And I think initially I would feel that disappointment and that feeling of like, oh.
Speaker 2: Like whatever.
Speaker 3: But I think with time I would adjust back to normal life as well, you know, and I think I would love it. It would be peaceful, Like what you said, you'd be so present in your everyday life and it would just be normal.
Speaker 2: But what job would you do? Real estate agent?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that you're doing that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I even started that like a couple of years back I started to go through that process just because I've been in building in construction for my whole life.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 3: So it's really like an avenue that I feel confident and competent in and I think I could really.
Speaker 2: Expand and that I think i'd have fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd loving that, being able to communicate with new people, make connections, you love all relationships, get to see beautiful houses. I love interior design and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: So I feel like i'd really have fun with that. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about how it would make you feel in terms of losing your audience.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's really nice to get all those messages, but I also don't rely on it for a source of validation, So I think i'd be okay. It is really nice and it's a nice stroke to my eg and it's good to hear feedback of what I do and what I say and how that impacts them. But yeah, I feel like I don't rely on that, so I think i'd be okay. But I would miss the connection. I miss the variety, the miss the fun. Social media is quite fun for me, apart from the hate, it's quite fun. So I think i'd miss that aspect, especially TikTok. It's just so fun. Yeah, it is fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What is one thing that people don't know about you? It would have been and you've talked about it, so people do know now, but Tiana being a trady.
Speaker 3: Yeap, one hundred percent. Yeah, people not knowing that. I don't talk about it that often at all really on social media. I have little bits and bobs, but not really. It just feels like such like a past life now. But literally worked on site for like five years, got my carpentry my trade when I was by the time I was fully qualified by the time I was nineteen, I started in school surrounded by a job site full of all men, just me and my sister and all men. It was Yeah, it was a whole experience. Taught me a lot about life, that's for sure. And like hard work, dedication, discipline.
Speaker 1: Do you still do the odd carpentry job for people?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: I remember saying to my last part like, don't ask me to hang a painting, like I'm not gonna fucking.
Speaker 2: Do it, Like I just it's so done. Yeah, it's so done.
Speaker 3: It doesn't even feel like a part of who I am anymore. You know, I feel like before I used to really use it as a way to like get a bit of an ego hit because I got to prove my worth and like what I was capable of through that job, and a lot of that was like wanting to prove even to my dad that I was capable. You know, he had like he's got four girls, right, and like who's gonna take over the famly business. His son was like the last child, so he was always younger, so you're like, oh, we'll take on the family business, like even though we're girls. And it was like this proving energy. But I did get a lot out of it, so I'm grateful for it.
Speaker 2: Probably something I haven't really spoken about up until recently and then I'm actually like why the fuck do I care? Is when I broke up with my first boyfriends, I must have been eighteen. I worked behind bars in wa and what they call a skimpy bar maids, so you just wear like a skimpy outfit and they give you tips and you make bank working by a bar, and I used to carry shame for it. Then. Honestly, the girls at Sin City in Bedroom, which is two of the big nightclubs on the Gold Coast. Were you wore more clothes than the girls than the Gold Coroast? Do? Yeah, Like they were literally in bras and undersin bedroom, Yeah, bedroom nightclub. But yeah, Me and a bunch of girlfriends went over there and it was just staying on the Gold Coast. I kept going back to my ex, even though I knew I didn't want to be with him. It was just company and I just could watch his heartbreak every time I would go in and come out and go in and come out. So I just packed up and moved over there with a bunch of girlfriends, and I had a lot of guy friends over there that worked the minds and I spent about six months working over there, making an absolute killing, and then met Steve online and came back to meet him and met him and never went back. So yeah, it was a crazy time in my life. It was really fun and it was fun just to it didn't work that many hours. You'd work like twenty hours a week and make ten twenty grand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They just men over there just tipped like crazy. I was never a topless waiter yeah, or topless bar girl. There was the pub that I worked out, and then there was one next to it with their topless girls were I never did that. I just didn't have the confidence too. But yeah, it was fun. It was a cool time in my life. Fun different be out at home and make bank. Yeah, and a lots of holidays. Took my friends on holidays, paid off some bills. I think because I never took my top off and I was never a flirty bar made I was more the guy's mates. I got tipped a lot better than a lot of the other girls because I was quite friends with them. And I also felt really protected, Like I think it's quite a dangerous job for girls, like if you don't have people there, whereas I had a lot of guy friends there that were protecting me. So I would get dropped off and picked up every shift, whereas a lot of girls would stay up in the bar or like walk home. And there was some stuff that happened to a lot of women, but I always felt I was just friends with everyone. Yeah, it was cool. So I haven't really ever spoken about that because it was embarrassed now and every now and again because you have to have a different name, so my name was Pam over there PAMs. Every now and again, I'll do a Q and A and someone will write how you go on PAM and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh doug it, Oh my god, I come hide from that tole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now I'm like, oh, why do I care so much? It was actually like, yeah, sixteen years old and it's just a little chapter.
Speaker 1: So what's the most you've ever been paid for a social media post?
Speaker 2: One singular post is fifteen thousand dollars? Most have been paid. My average was like ten thousand consistently, and then it depends if you go now it's like real story set stories are now. One set can be three frames, another set can be five frames. TikTok. I don't really get paid on tikto. I don't get any jobs book for TikTok, but Instagram and Snapchat. Yeah, my biggest was fifteen thousand dollars. Wow, Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Would you rather be rich and ugly or poor and hot?
Speaker 3: Wait, richard reach and ugly or poor and hot rich and ugly because and ugly don't get worked Onne, I'll go visit botox stuff.
Speaker 1: That's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rich and ugly for sure. Yeah, I feel like you just had a funn of life. If you had more money, you're poor. You can't do anything. You're hotter when you got kidding?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I mean, have you seen Jeff bezos is with that younger girl? Now he's what's the name she just went to space Lauren Sanchez or something like that.
Speaker 2: I only just saw it on Instagram other day.
Speaker 3: But he was previously with his other wife that he'd been with for forever and then they had a divorce. How to split and now he's with like some young woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean so, I'm like, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Who's the most famous person you have in your phone?
Speaker 2: Ashy? I think I have anyone famous in my phone? He's not that roll. But Brian Reeves, who went viral on social media for a while. He was my relationship coach. Otherwise not I think. So I've known so one that's had sex with Channing Tatum. Cool. Katie loves it. She's and nodding and I loved her and she told me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, yeah, did she see him again?
Speaker 2: Yeap, multiple times?
Speaker 1: And then what happened?
Speaker 2: It just went off and did his career in life?
Speaker 1: Was it before he was famous?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: More recent after his divorce with Jenna that's all my questions. They are good questions. We will see Katie another couple of months for another one where she can take the time to prehap some questions. Again, thanks for joining us, Thank you, Thanks Katie, see you guys on Friday. Bye.