Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Matiwheny Podcast with me Joshua Fox. So last night we watched Morena storm into the commitment ceremony after it had already started. She had her say with Tony. She wrote leave, and then she immediately stormed back out and well, yeah, packed her bags and went home to Melbourne before she stormed in though the experts had no idea where she was. Tony had no idea where she was. No one had any idea where Morena was. And then boom, the door opens and in she comes. As Tony was sat on the sofa all alone, like, listen to this.
Speaker 2: Did you really think I wasn't going to come? Did you really think I was going to give him the last word?
Speaker 1: No, don't stand up and talk to me.
Speaker 2: Don't stand up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that whole scene, that perfectly time rival all completely set up. Vera actually made a secret deal with the producers beforehand, which the experts also knew about because they were told beforehand exactly how they had to act once she did walk in. During my recent interview with Marena, which some of you may remember, she told me how as the rest of the cast left to go film that commitment ceremony. She basically just locked the door and said, nah, I'm not going I'm not going to be set up any longer. I don't want to go home right now. But the producer said to her, no, Marena, you won't be doing that. Sorry, like listen to this year.
Speaker 2: Because the last commitment ceremony I didn't go. I was in my room. They were on the phone. Oh my god. I had all this attention that I haven't had for the whole show, and I said to them, I'm going to call trip below. You holding me against my will. This stops, This stops today. That's when I said, Okay, she's really going to do it. I should have just done it, in hindsight, should have should have. Instead, they wound me up and they said, look, we know you. You have had a good run with him. So they said, all right, let's plan this. We'll let you come on sit, you can make this grand entry. And I promise this came out of Alex's mouth. I promise that the experts will not give you a heart Tom. I said, really, because they've given me a hard time on every commitment ceremony, every single commitment ceremary they have given it to me. So they said, no, they're not going to talk, and guess what, they didn't talk.
Speaker 1: Now, regardless of what you personally think about Marena or whatever you know based off what you've seen on the show, you've gotta remember that by this point, this is a woman that just wants to go home because she's over the fact that she'd been matched with a bloke she found out was still legally married to his ex. She believed that he was still in love with his ex, and you know, for weeks she'd been saying he doesn't like me because I'm too old for him, which he denied. But then out of nowhere, he turns around and says, Marina can't give me the one thing, and I want a child, So like, I get why, she was just like, nah, I'm not doing any more things. I am going this is now. Marina explained to me what happened after she left the commitment ceremony last night.
Speaker 2: So I stormed into the commitment ceremony and I absolutely gave it to Tony, gave it to him. Then I left because I said I'm not staying for the rest of the shit show. So Tony had to go back and sit he was very upset. Why does she get to go back? Well, it was pre arranged. That's what they do on this show.
Speaker 1: They pre arranged you went back to pack your bags.
Speaker 2: I went back to pack my bags, and the next day they producers, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves, but that's okay. You've got to live with what you've done. They accompany me to the lift because there's always a guard at the lift, because you know, you can't, you can't, God forbid, if you want to, you know, go out to go and get a coffee. So that day when I left with my four bags. Anyway, we get to the lift on the day that I was leaving, open the lift and they just go bye bye, and I just went what.
Speaker 1: No, I've said this before and I'll say it again here now. The way Morena left that show was unheard of. My friends were outside paparazzi and they got pictures of her just struggling with all her bags. She was ordering her own car. It was a mess. Usually, like the producers will hide them. They after there's a whole sequence. They have to leave via the underground exit, so you know there's no spoiler pictures taken. But as Morena said, she would just kind of waved goodbye, and they watched her struggle alone. They watched her sit emotional on the street, surrounded by her bags alone, and yeah, I don't know like this. It was weird. It was a weird ending to I suppose an uncomfortable storyline. Since my first interview with Moreno, actually I've seen a lot of confusion of people claiming why was she never allowed to leave? You know, she had to threaten the police when Tony was able to go home. At the weekend, some cast members, you know, go out drinking together. And my understanding of this from speaking to multiple cast members is if you're someone like Tony who's never really you know, caused any trouble, caused the scene, you're kind of there. You do as you told, You show up when you're told you have to film. If he says, hey this week and I want to drive in our south back, you know, back home to Woollongong, they'll go, yeah, no worries because they know he's going to return. They know he's going to stay in line. But then if you're Marena, going I want to leave, let me leave right now, and they you know, and they know she's not going to come back. That's when it gets a bit difficult behind the scenes, because producers can't just say okay, bye, because then they can't wrap the storyline up on the show. So Marena threatened into phone the police. I fully believe she did that, and I believe she felt she was being held against her will because if they did just let her leave when she wanted to leave, how would they have ended that on the show. They won't have been able to because she'd be gone anyway. I'm not even shot. I'm saying I've not wrote a script for this. I just, you know, watched last night's episode and remember these points from my interview, which felt relevant today, maybe a bit more light on how things work behind the scenes. I don't know. I'm going to go now, though, Have a lovely day.