Speaker 1: It's pride month. It's pride month.
Speaker 2: It's pride.
Speaker 1: Let's be all pride. Give me some pride, pride, pride.
Speaker 2: Pride, Yeah, drop the pride.
Speaker 1: Welcome the first things first, I'm bloting. My pronouns are she and her.
Speaker 2: I'm Maddy meals. My pronouns are heat and him. And before we get started, we'd like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we record. And for me today that's the gaigle people of the orination.
Speaker 1: And for me it's a hundred people of the cooler nation. Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: I want to act like a wrapper.
Speaker 1: Oh I know the cooling nations. Actually we're talking about cool killed. It's a cool month.
Speaker 4: This month, it's the jojo See what a month?
Speaker 1: Come as a bet?
Speaker 4: Oh god? It is?
Speaker 1: Are you proud? Are you proud?
Speaker 2: I'm proud and I'm an ally for everyone.
Speaker 1: I'm black, I'm loud and I'm proud.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Go on, that's your new book coming out next to year.
Speaker 1: Literally that's the black mantra of my life. I'm black, I'm proud.
Speaker 3: Play out, Yeah, you've been play out?
Speaker 1: What is Pride month? Around it? I'll take what I can get.
Speaker 2: I love that. Speaking of Pride Month, when was the last time you've had your face in a vagina?
Speaker 1: A containa? A Kataina, tell me about it? Very tough, Like do you want to know the details?
Speaker 3: Or is that like spill the tea? Babe, were here, we're talking about Pride month.
Speaker 1: It's been a it's been a blow, I mean probably yeah. God it was twenty twenty two, No way, no, no, yeah, life twenty twenty three. Sorry, sorry you haven't earlier last year?
Speaker 2: Wow, you haven't flexed your your gay muscle in like six months? I know.
Speaker 1: I reckon my like I need to do a tongue stretch and I need to do like some finger exercises. One girl, I love these conversations. Can I just say how fucking funny it is? Like when you know, I felt so so much shame about talking about sex and sexuality and it's just so fucking funny where we can just like have a laugh and just isn't it free? So free?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And like it?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 2: It's like being a gay person. I explained this to somebody who was really struggling with their sexuality years ago, about five six years ago, and he was this guy who came from a Muslim family, and he was talking to me about how his family had caught a really awkward situation, but they had caught his laptop was open and it had like gay porn on it, and that's how they sort of uncovered his sexuality. And he was like beaten by his family, fuck really yeah, by his brothers and basically kicked out and exiled from the family because he was gay and they were very strict Morelian family. And he was hanging around me at the time, and like I was good friends with him, and he was a bit younger than me, and I remember saying to him, I said, do you know what's so great about being gay? Think of it as your superpower? Like we have the ability to be able to be Like I'm seeing from my point of view, but I feel like as a gay person, there's so many things that the society and the world layer on top of us that make us feel like we don't belong or we're not valued, or that we're not great. In my eyes, my gayness is my superpower. I feel like I'm a man with the mind of a woman.
Speaker 3: And like that to me is like that's like a double fucking.
Speaker 2: Win, And I constantly like remind myself how amazing it is to be gay, and I see it as the cherry on top of my being. And yeah, I just remember telling him that. I'm like, it's just superpower, man, Like, one day you're going to find the love for who you are and your identity and it's going to feel like it's your power. Like we are special human beings on this planet where we get to experience life in a slightly different way than the norm.
Speaker 1: I feel the same. But I feel like my ability, or like Slash, my superpower was to feel like the love and care for all types of people. Yeah, to to love people, you know, through the shit or through Yeah. I just feel like, you know, writing my book Big Love, I feel like that for me was just telling people like, I don't give a fuck who you are, what you are, how you do it, as long as you know you are a genuine person and you live, you know, you know, you know, even people who do are sort of harmful. You know, I still live and forgive that, you know, I live. Love my mum. She was you know, at times quite abusive, but I still love her through that. And I think that you know, that for me kind of encompasses what the queer community is. Like we hold a lot of pride, but we also carry a lot of love and care and consideration and compassion. And I totally that's the thing I love about being queer, and you know, sexuality is such a spectrum of where you're at, Like, you know, I think that's also the thing that I'm most proud of about being black and being queer as well, is that I get to sort of experience that range of on the spectrum and there's an acceptance of wherever you are sitting. There's no really care in that, and it's like, you know what I mean, you know what I mean, Like it's like, well, okay, cool yese, Like that's what you are.
Speaker 2: I think, Like when it comes to the intersection, I always say like, and I've said this numerous times on the podcast, It's like the thing that I love most about being alive and being who I am is being an aboriginal person because that feeling there's just this deep sense of self and identity and belonging that that is just it's if you could bottle it and sell it, it would be you know, fucking millions and millions of dollars. Like that feeling, you know, prices, So that feeling is what I see is pride as well. You know. It's it's like this, there's this just this strength and this spirit that is just your fuel and being able to be Aboriginal and then also be gay on top of it. It's like I've been given like an extra sprinkle of something, you know, and and and like.
Speaker 1: You got layers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got layers, like a thirty layer cake.
Speaker 1: But I'm delicious.
Speaker 3: I just look at me, put on my feet up.
Speaker 2: I literally just want to put my feet up like this, like yeah, yeah, relaxed. I I yeah, I just find that being you know, gay and Aboriginal. Yes, it comes with, you know, the territory of racism and discrimination and homophobia, but the feeling that I get, I would never trade that in for anything. So, yeah, Pride Month is here. I'm super you know, super keen to you know. The thing is Pride Month here feels like it comes a little bit late because we celebrate Marti Gart in March.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, it feels like a delay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So as much as it's Pride Month, it's June, it's Pride month. We you know, we we're sort of ahead of the head of the ball when it comes to celebrating you know, the community, because we do it in March, but the International Pride Month, so it obviously is around the globe, commemorates the Stonewall Riots of June nineteen sixty nine, and that was a pivotal moment and movement for the fire for LGBT. You know, Q I A plus rights. Every time I hear about the Stonewall riot, I think of the RuPaul RuPaul's Drag Race.
Speaker 1: Episode episode when I know what you're talking about, but.
Speaker 2: Who's the Britney Spears impersonator was like, yeah, and it's you know, we're doing this for the stone for Stonewall. You know, people died and then I don't know who it is, but the drag queen goes, no, they didn't, No one died.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, the thing is also like being queer, Like we're a bit dramatic. Yeah, we tatrifie things a lot, but I mean also us as actors. Yeah, but you know, like we we do catastrophize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let's give a bit of context to Stonewall rights. So okay, the rights began New York City, where police rated the stone Wall in So the stone Wall Inn is similar to the Stonewall Inn here in the street. You know, it's it's a psychonic gay venue. Yeah. The raids sparked a ride among bar patrons, enabled residences. Police roughly hauled employees and patrons out of the bar, leading to six days of protests and violent clashes with law enforcement outside the bar. So I think that people, uh, you know, forget that when it comes to this, this story that you know, this was a really crucial moment in you know, gay rights. And it was a moment where we started to fight back at the moment where we're not going to fucking have this. And and there was you know, a major movement after this where it you know, sort of snowball effect, people encouraged people to stand up for gay rights.
Speaker 1: So exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that that's why it's if we're in June Pride.
Speaker 1: I mean, if we look at back, I guess like historically Mardi Gras, that that started off from a right right as well.
Speaker 2: Protest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, protest we had you know, we spoke to jaw and black men about police and and and I guess the complexity of relationship with the community, and I think the queer community have definitely felt that complexity at a whole another level, especially with police brutality. And you know, it sucks that, you know, now we can say, oh, Pride Month, let's be proud, but that's come from a moment of resistance and not from our own resistance within ourselves as a queer community or queer person, resistance from other people accepting us. And that's really frustrating, I guess to feel and to live with. And you know, and I'm so glad and I am proud. I am very proud of how far we have come, but also like how much we still have to go, and how much we have to fight, the continuous fight and battle to have these rights and to and yeah, like, yes, we have Pride months, but then there's so much complexity and nuance to even those months where you know, there's pink washing and rainbow washing and all that sort of stuff, because organizations jump on and they're like, oh, yeah, we celebrate Pride Month, but like they're contributing so much, like they're causing also so much harm at the same time, and they're sort of covered off by this like, oh no, we've got to like we've got a quick person that's like, you know, our ambassador, and you're like the fuck. So there is so much to that. But I do feel very proud. But I also am like, just remember why this month is so important, and I guess also just extend your knowledge of where this has come from on the back of resistance and patriarch patriarchal dominance exactly, and police brutality as well. So yeah, I do feel really proud, but yeah, yeah, I feel proud too.
Speaker 2: I also, you know, understand that, like you know when it comes to Mardi Gras in the seventy eight ers and yeah, yeah, and understanding like what the jeeve it must feel, you know, remarkable to see the change. You know, it must there must be a sense of momentum and moving forward for liberation, and it must feel much more happy for the younger generation like us who get to be accepted in a world you know, mostly accepted. Obviously, I believe that no matter how far we push ahead, we have to continue that resistance. We have to continue to be loud and to be proud, because I feel like, you know, in society, it only takes a small shift to see that you know that the minds and hearts of people can you know, revert back to the old ways. You know, you think you look across the water in the States and you think, like with the election and Trump or you think, okay, you think that we're moving forward, but how many people are backing you know, a man who is just the voice and the face of discrimination. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you gross, no matter.
Speaker 2: How forward we think we've pushed as a society, we need to make sure that resistance stays intact because who knows what a change of government does. Who knows what? You know, if we're not vigilant with our resistance or with our protest or with our pride, who knows if we can you know, fall back into the old the old days.
Speaker 1: Well in a matter of time. And this might sound quite morbid and semi harsh as well, but you know, we're moving now more into our women, we're millennials moving into our thirties. Like eventually there is you know, generations are going to die and there are new ways of thinking and we have to keep pushing for a more progressive thinking and to keep you know, preaching acceptance and creativity and love and compassion rather than this like this patriarch cool mentality like we need to get rid of. Yeah, I mean like yeah, we can all sit, you know, hold hands in sinkombo yah.
Speaker 4: But like you know, that still work to be done.
Speaker 1: There was so much where to be done.
Speaker 2: I feel like the community and the conversation is changing quite a bit when it comes to like how we represent ourselves, how we identify, and you know, these things like pronouns have come into play and which is a great thing. I saw a video last night on TikTok actually, and there was this newsreader who was introducing a guest and they introduced them by the incorrect pronouns, and the guest said, you know, I think her name was Martha or something. Hi Martha, you know my correct pronouns, and you've chosen not to use them.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've seen this.
Speaker 3: You saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she stood up for herself. So she they stood up for themselves, sorry, yes.
Speaker 2: They stood up for themselves. Yes, And the newsreader didn't back down, you know, they said no, I'm going to use correct grammar. And the guest said, well, I find that really disrespectful.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, you're not listening to me.
Speaker 2: You're not listening to me. You don't see me, you know, as an equal. You're not valuing what I you know, who I am. And I thought that that was like such a great thing to see last night, coming into this conversation.
Speaker 1: Especially on media for sure, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: In media, but I wanted to ask you, I know your pronouns, but when you come when you come to the decision of what pronouns you want to be, you know that you wanted to use. Did you have to take some time to really think about that or was it something that came really naturally.
Speaker 1: I have discussed this with my sych because I came pretty quickly to the conclusion. I was like, well, I'm cisgendered. I am you know, identify with the genitalia like the my you know what I've been given it, you know, through birth, and I don't feel like that I feel any different to you know, identifying as she her. And so we discussed that in you know, the early stages of our sessions and then later on, like I was, you know, was bringing it up. And I've had you know, these really complex, sort of like nuanced sort of conversations around gender dysphoria and but no I still feel comfortable about identifying with the pronouns she and her, but I can imagine I do have thoughts around gender in particular, you know that's specifically, but I don't identify anything as you know, anything else, but I can. It made me really think about how people, Yeah, I guess like the spectrum of gender, and that it's not you know, gender is a construct. Like I think that's really deep thinking. I've had those conversations. But yeah, what about what about you?
Speaker 2: Like, Look, when I was little, I was bullied for looking like a girl and and if somebody like.
Speaker 1: So that's that's where my feelings come from too. Yeah, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: So when I was young, I remember always being called a girl. It was the way that I spoke, it was the way that I acted, It was the fact that my mum let me have long hair. I remember getting on a bus and the bus lady saying, I'll get your little girl on. You know, like, there were just so many moments where I felt quite like upset and confused because how people were teasing me is and how I identified and even my brothers when I was going even you know, first years of high school, my brothers to get at me would say you act like a girl. Stop acting like a girl. So the you know, So as I grew up, I actually had a real issue with how I felt in my own body and who I was. But as I became, you know, more confident in myself and as those sort of bullying tactics sort of didn't come into my life that much. As I got older and I developed into yuggy young man and I found my voice and I felt like I you know, sort of grew into my masculine energy. I became more comfortable in my skin and I definitely identify as he him. You know, I've never had an issue with knowing that myself. But I think that because I'm a fan, I can be feminine and I have feminine energy. And when I was younger, I preferred to connect with feminine energy, so hang out with girls, maybe play goals, you know, instead of being out there playing footy with the boys. So there was a lot of like rediscovering myself as I became older. But I'm really comfortable in my skin as a man. There's you know, I love being a man. I'm a man who's attracted to men, and I'm really confident in that so for me young, when you're young, doesn't it just like some of the stuff when you're young just really sticks with you though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean listening to your story, and you know, if there's anyone who's listening who've also felt those sort of feelings, I can definitely relate to them because the opposit of that. I was very masculine and I had to really maybe only in the last six years of being on reality TV have I really come into more of a feminine energy. Yeah. Previous to Reality TV, I was more of a masculine. I generally didn't have comfortable feelings about my body because I had like peck muscles and I was really muscly, and I played footy, and I preferred being around more like masculine women, and you know who were lesbian, who were queer, and they you know, accepted me for who I was, so you know, you can imagine those feelings. So I really connect with that story because I feel that on the opposite scale. And then when I was younger too, my mum shaved my head when I was eight years old because I had knits and school saws.
Speaker 2: Did you have knits? Because we had that done too.
Speaker 4: Exactly and that was did she do it in a bath?
Speaker 1: No, she would have just I don't even know, to be fair.
Speaker 2: I can't I remember leaning over the bath.
Speaker 1: But imagine, you know, a year. You know, I'm eight years old, I'm still quite developed, and that was quite a traumatic experience because then now I've got a shaved head, and now everyone's coming up to my mum being like, oh, what a beautiful little boy, and you're thinking I'm a girl.
Speaker 2: I'm a girl.
Speaker 1: I'm just a little girl, and those feelings, you know, And then so because I did have a shaved hair and sort of you know, grew into sort of now been a bob, and I I remember the feelings of that. I don't have specific memories, but I do have the feeling of feeling like I needed to then be masculine like my brothers and play fighting. And I was quite an emotional kid like but I was taught not to cry, which now is you know, affected in you know, it's affecting me my my adult life because I've bottled some feelings that I didn't know that I felt anyways. But like what I'm trying to say is I have felt that on a on that level. What you talk about that the confusion and the frustration and the uncomfortableness about you know, someone saying that you're something but you don't feel that. But then you know everyone is saying like feeling that. You know, it just it confuses me. And I think, like I now understand that gender is a spectrum as well, in terms of like, you know, where you would like to lie, whether you want to be more feminine, energy and masculine.
Speaker 4: Like you can be in anywood.
Speaker 2: It's so for me, like I got when I go home, all home on the weekend. So I went home and I got to spend you know, some time with the family. When I go home. You know, I'm a bit of a chameleon, So whatever environment I walk into, I can sort of adapt. And I think that's just who I am, you know, So going home, you know, I become a little bit more I would say, the rough, you know, like how I switching. But also you know when you're in different environments, you wear different hats. You know, when I'm home, I'm a little bit more I would say, a little bit more masculine, yeah, and a little bit more you know, country, a little bit more rough how I speak like I was saying.
Speaker 3: Things then like dialogue exactly.
Speaker 2: I took my boyfriend home for the first time to meet my family and it was so nice. But in the car he had heard things that I wouldn't normally say in.
Speaker 3: Sydney, you know, so like watch what you mean? What you mean? Like you know, like normally I say what do you mean?
Speaker 2: And like watch your like little little things that just like change when you're in a different environment, you know.
Speaker 1: So so like I'm saying, oh, like never mind, like I said on.
Speaker 5: Bar Or, I'm like, yeah, come here, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So like hearing like me, you know, sort of you know, sort of change a little bit when I went home. It's just, you know, the different hats you wear. You get the friend hat and work colleague hat.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: My boyfriend gets the boyfriend hat, my family get the brother, the son hat, the uncle hat.
Speaker 4: Like it's good modes.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah. And I love being able to come in and out of the in and out of those parts of myself. But when it comes to my masculine, feminine energy, I really love being fluid. I love being if I'm around a group of women or gay men, I'm super gay, you know, like I'm super gay, so like a superhero, I am super gay.
Speaker 1: But also your your voice and your body tell you as well where you feel safe, I think, don't you reckon? Yeah? So like right now, like I'm relaxed. You know, I've been doing this for however long with you, and we have a great relationship.
Speaker 2: I remember when you were really really relaxed on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 3: We needed a fart.
Speaker 1: Bring that up again?
Speaker 3: That up now, I've been telling you too much part content anyway, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, fucking funny, but you know, like that's that's comfortableness, that's safety, that's friendship, that's joy, that's happiness.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been You was talking about being a little bit confused, like and this isn't me saying that you are, but a little bit earlier when you come to your how you identify? Have you changed how you identify because of the pressures of the world or any sort of outward influence, because I know where you had a hard time going through the bachelorette because people were like, she's by, she's pants, she's lesbian, she's gay, so like hold titles. Yeah, yeah, has that influenced how you feel or have you always been steadfast? And how you feel and you know, and that's just it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know how I feel? Was Actually it's frustration because I I knew that this was always going to be a big deal, right, and I kind of got you I feel like, you know, and I love Channel ten and I have a negative thing to say about them, but I feel like I kind of got used in sense where it was like, we're used for my sexuality. And that was the frustration part, because they knew that I wouldn't do the show unless I, you know, felt like it was going to really represent my attraction and what I was actually looking for in terms of a person, and that had a spectrum, and I wanted a spectrum of people. I wanted a range of people because I don't I know who I love, but I also don't care what they are, and so yeah, it makes it hard to cast for that if you like, oh, well, I don't know what I'm looking for because if you just say a man, I'm looking for a man. But if you say I'm looking for whatever, they don't know. So yeah, it's a very that was a very complex season, Like if you actually unpack it, you know and if you've got a you know, critical thinking brain, the pressure that I had on me was intense, like to execute that, and yes, I did it to a standard that was I guess, organic, natural, you know, authentic to who I am. But at the same time, suality is so complex and well it doesn't need to be complex, but I was kind of boxed into bisexuality. And if you ask any of my football friends or my girlfriends who are lesbian, gay, queer by pan sexual, they'll just say, like, Brook was just Brooke and she was just I was just young as well and experiencing like love from different people, and no matter who they were, I didn't really give a fuck. I looked at a person for their personality, their values, who they were inside, didn't give a fuck what they were on the outside. And this is where I'm feeling the frustration is because that sort of fits the pant sexuality. You know. Again, it's boxing yourself. And I don't be like, hey, I'm Brook Blatton, I'm pan sexual. When I introduced myself, I'm like, Hi, I'm Brook Blatin. I'm a proud nunga yamagi woman. That is what I am. Absolutely, you know what, And I don't have to say cisgender woman. I'm giving you I'm a woman, like you know, I'm telling you and I'm saying I'm Nunga. That's my cultural identity and I'm very proud of it. And I say proud at the start of that because I want you to know that is how I identify, that is how I introduce myself. I don't need to tell you who I'm fucking fuck me, No one goes, oh, you know what, I'm fucking a cisgendered male last night, and you know he's also experiencing his bisexual Like who the fuck cares? Like do you know what I mean? And I love Pride Month, like yell it out, whatever, do whatever. But I'm just so frustrated with this narrative of like I need to box myself into this bisexuality because also queerness is so different, and I think people also assume this is also I don't know if you've ever felt this, like there is a typical stereotype of what a gay man is, Like right, yeah.
Speaker 3: What do you mean are you talking about me?
Speaker 1: Queer people explain into that as well, We're fucking bad for it, because I'm like, what do you mean, you know, like, damn it, but that's robe race.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love being super gay sometimes love it.
Speaker 4: Fuck it.
Speaker 3: I have a friend and I do this.
Speaker 1: I guess, yes, which if only is fake hair. Daniel does the same thing as my best friend, and I love him for it. It doesn't you know, And sometimes he can be really masculine. You can be really masculine and I don't give a fuck. But for me as a bisexual woman, and I guess as a queer woman, I get messages occasionally it would just be like oh you like like, oh, you're not even gay, like you know, like or whimen's last time you dn't a girl?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Or you're just dating straight man like all the fun am I just like, who fucking cares? Who cares?
Speaker 3: Totally?
Speaker 1: I think as a bisexual woman, says.
Speaker 2: The guy who asked you this twenty minutes ago, When was the last time you.
Speaker 4: Had had my face? Like yeah, like fuck off?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But you know that's you're my friend, and I feel comfortable and I feel that you're not asking that to seek gossip. You're just like interested, You're actually curious, and I'm like, oh I love that. But yes, I think this is I actually have this thought occasionally right about I'm meant to give off these like real like camp queer vibes like rainbow everything, and like yeah, I'm meant to be like dressed like real mass and like you know, like like I think the bisexual woman is meant to not meant to but stereotypically I'm using that word box you into this like real like like swag like fuck yeah, like yeah yeah yeah, snap, like you know, like snap that tent, and I'm like, that's not fucking me. I'm really in my feminine energy and I fucking love it because I worked hard to get here from all the shit that I've had to deal with where I've had to be in a masculine energy and like a whole myself to a certain standard. I'm like fucking letting that go. Hello, I'm in my feminine fuck you, but like therefore I'm not gay, Therefore I don't fuck girls, Therefore I'm not attracted to girls. I'm still fucking I can tell you now, I'm still fucking attractive to girls. When I masturbate, I watch lesbian porn. I don't give a fuck, like you know what I mean. I'm not. I don't watch straight poward. I'm I'm still obviously very much so attracted to women, and that's never going to go away. So yeah, I get frustrated at this like narrative that like I must be a certain way because I am bisexual, and like, well know, like I love kissing girls, I love looking possy. I also love sucking dick, and I also love like I just don't care.
Speaker 4: I really don't care.
Speaker 2: I'd be pride.
Speaker 1: Is so funny anyways, But yeah, what sexually? What sexuality? Do I identify now as ocean?
Speaker 2: Ocean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm an ocean. I'm fluid, I'm just wet.
Speaker 4: There's na right now.
Speaker 1: The door is closed to a lot of things. But yeah, I'm just I'm just I'm working on my myself. I'd so fucking corny, but I hate it and I love it at the same time.
Speaker 2: But I love that you are constantly evolving, you know, you're constantly sort of doing the in wood work.
Speaker 3: I think that's really good.
Speaker 1: I just want to level up, and I in order to find love or to feel love, I need to really love myself. And yeah, I really did think that I did love myself, but I think I've neglected parts of myself too, and I'm not neglecting my sexuality. I've never, ever, not I've really, you know, openly celebrated that. And that's obviously why Pride Month reminds me, like, I am really proud to be queer. I fucking love that I accept people for who they are and not what they are, and that will never change about me, and I don't think it will change about you. I think we both celebrate that equally, like with such an intensity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I had a moment on the weekend where I felt really proud because I took my partner home to my niece and nephew's place and they have a gay uncle me and a lesbian auntie on their other side. And so in the house there was my brother and his fiance and then his fiancees Georgie and her sister and her partner were there, and my partner was there. So there was two gay couples and you know, a heterosexual couple and my niece and nephews running around the house like nothing is any different. And then when I dropped Denny off, so the kids are in the back, I dropped Denny off, and I gave him a kiss and he got out of the car and my little nephew, Guys, that's disgusting. And I thought that he was talking about us being gay, and you know what the next words, that's disgusting how adults say goodbye to each other. Like I thought that it was going to be like you two men, you know, but no, he was saying that, you know, when adults say goodbye to each other, they give each other a kiss, and that's just you know, disgusting.
Speaker 5: And that was his reaction, not about us like goodbyes. Yeah, he doesn't like adults kissing, not about us being gay. And I just felt like, wow, like it's so normalized in their world that I love.
Speaker 2: This and it makes me feel really proud to know that, like they're getting you know, insight into what it's like for a gay couple. And also you know, they will grow up without having any questions about you know, or discrimination towards you know, gay people because they see it.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeh, such love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it was beautiful and it made me want kids. Going home on the weekend made me want kids bad. It, I know, like I seriously feel like as a gay I'm going to be like a gay dad soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can soon. I really say that for you.
Speaker 2: I feel like in the next two years I'm going to have a baby. Yeah, I already started following, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Scott, I did say to you, if you want me to have a baby, I can. I will do the practical part of it.
Speaker 2: But wait, don't you have to have your baby first?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah? Is that just like I'll just have it and give it to you as if you would, you'd be keeping that baby, you know, I would never I would know like no, that that's it. That's surrogancy. But also surrogency is are apparently legal illegal in Australia.
Speaker 2: Well, if we flew to another country, would you give me an egg?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would give you whatever.
Speaker 2: That would be amazing. Okay, let's yeah, I feel like that's maybe a good place to yeah, wrap it up.
Speaker 1: What well, yeah, I mean that in itself right, talking about you know, surrogency and queer babies, and you know you're being a queer dad, like you're just a dad as well, by the way, you don't have to be like, oh I'm a queer dad. I just well, do you want to be a father?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to be a dad soon. And it's like going home and being with my nieces and nephews just keeps on making me think, Okay, need to start the process. So I actually followed, you know, Scott Sassy Scott.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just had to.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to start talking to Scott about the process because that looked like they went through a really great process. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The babies are beautiful as well. Yeah. Well that's all we have time for today. Ending on a beautiful note there, Thank you so much for listening to first things First, if you love what you hear, leave us their rating and review. Also happy Pride months.
Speaker 3: Happy Pride Month come as a bit I know better.
Speaker 1: If you love what you hear, leave us I'm rating and a review.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leave us a review because we want to know what you want to hear here and if you want us to cover anything, tell us. Reach out to us on our d ms Brooks at brook dout Blurton.
Speaker 3: It's Matdie Mills.
Speaker 1: Yes, alright, see you later, guys.
Speaker 4: That's your bye.