Speaker 1: Live on Sky News. This is Sharry.
Speaker 2: Good Evening. Massive newsday today, both in the US and locally. The leader of the Free World, Joe Biden, could barely deliver a coherent speech the US capital overrun by Hamas supporters and Israeli Prime Minister Benjaminett and Yahoo delivered his most powerful argument yet for Western support of Israel. You can hardly compare Biden's weak remarks with the strength of the Israeli leader.
Speaker 3: And that day, I told you, as I stood in that winter, We're still in a winter of peril and winner possibility for.
Speaker 4: The forces of civilization to triumph. America and Israel must stand together.
Speaker 2: And yet eighty Democrats who claimed to support democracy couldn't even sit there and listen to what Netinnahu had to say. I'm going to come back to that in a minute. Here in Australia, meanwhile, economists are warning a recession could be on the cards. This is Wall Street had its worst day in almost two years, with a one trillion dollar wipeout, and Albinezie announced the retirement of two ministers, sparking a cabinet reshuffle. This opens the way for Andrew Giles' demotion finally, well, let's get into it tonight.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: In his speech, Joe Biden vowed to call out hate, extremism, and violence, Yet the very city from where he spoke had just been overrun by lawlessness, vile, racism, and anarchy. Washington today looked more like the harmass headquarters in Gaza than it did the heart and soul of America. Her Musk supporters, and we have to repeat that seriously, her Musk supporters. How can they even be supporters for the gun toting monsters who behead, rape and slaughter innocent families. Yet there are, and they turned out in Washington, defiling the Christopher Columbus Memorial Fountain with the words her muss is coming. Yep, the killers, butchers and rapists are coming. These vile activists burned an effigy of Netanyahoo, the Prime minister who's trying to eliminate the terrorists and bring home innocent hostages from Gaza, including a baby, his little brother, and their mum. Those two children stolen it just nine months old and four years old, the world's youngest hostages. The pro Palestinian activists burned the American and Israeli flags while waving the green her Musk flag and chanting palisine will be free, aligned, will be free sign and a massive Palestinian flag where Hamas is the current governing body, was unfurled on the street. The American flag torn down from Union station and instead the Palestinian flag was hoisted and flown. The Hamas supporters grew violent. They clashed with police, who used tear gas to control the crowd. There were many arrests. Now, it's one thing to mourn the loss of life in Gaza. It is tragic and we all mourn it. And you may disagree with how Israel has pursued Hamas in Gaza, but to support Hermas, to support the terrorists who not only forced Israel into this war that it never won, but deliberately put its own people, the Palestinian people, in harm's way day after day, by hiding within civilian populations, by refusing to cooperate with ceasefire proposals, and by welcoming a high death toll in order to turn the West against Israel. Every single soul who has perished in this war is entirely on her Muss's hands. Her must chose to start the war nine months ago, but it also could have ended the war at any point since then if it's simply chose to hand back innocent hostages, young people and surrender. But there's a reason her mus won't hand back hostages. There's a reason her Musk refuses every ceasefire proposal, and it's this. The terrorist group wants to prolong the war because while they're losing ground in Gaza, they're winning internationally with more support than ever in the West, especially among the idiotic, confused millennials who sadly make up our next generation. But there can be no confusion. To support her Muss, as we saw in Washington today, is to support evil. It's to support among the most malicious and barbaric acts ever inflicted on human beings, on par with Hitler's atrocities. To support her Muss is to unequivocally be on the wrong side of history and humanity. Now, Benjamin Netanyahu unquestionably a controversial politician, loved and loathed by Israeli's in almost equal measure. Well, he did deliver a powerful speech today where he articulated very clearly the enemy his country is up against.
Speaker 4: These monsters. They rape women, they beheaded men, they burnt babies alive. They killed parents in front of their children, and children in front of their parents. They dragged two hundred and fifty five people, both living and dead, into the dark dungeons of Gaza. The ICC is trying to shackle Israel's hands and prevent us from defending ourselves. And if Israel's hands are tied, America is next. And I'll tell you what else is next. The ability of all democracies to fight terrorism will be imperiled. That's what's on the line.
Speaker 2: And He's right, And those protesters who burned the American flag only reinforced Netanyahu's point to Congress that Israel's enemies are America's enemies.
Speaker 4: Defeating our brutal enemies requires both courage and clarity. Clarity begins by knowing the difference between good and evil. Yet incredibly many anti Israel protesters, many choose to stand with evil. They stand with hamas they stand with rapists and murderers. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Speaker 2: So as this debate heats up internationally, including in Australia, let's be very clear. Israel is trying to eliminate the terrorists who killed entire families and stole hostages.
Speaker 1: There could be.
Speaker 2: No other response than to eliminate the terrorists, much the same way that America went after Osama bin Laden and the other perpetrators of nine to eleven, much the same way the Allies destroyed the Nazis in World War Two. Despite the heavy loss of life, and there were an estimated forty million civilians killed in the World War, no civilized government would abandon two hundred and fifty innocent citizens, including, as I said, a baby and his four year old brother, to the grips of armed terrorists. Any rational person would agree that that notion is intolerable and impossible. Yet the scenes on the streets of Washington today show us that the longer this war wage is on, the more the woke brigade find a reason to condone terrorism and find excuses for anti Semitism. And I'll be crossing live to the United States to break all of this down. And it was a big day. Biden's speech will come back to that. I'm going to have former acting Attorney General in the Trump administration on the show. Also a Republican National Committee spokeswoman. Shortly, but now let's bring in tonight's panel. The Australians National Affairs Editor Joe Kelly and National Senator Matt Canavan. Welcome to you both. I first want to start with Netanyahu's speech to Congress that I've just been speaking about. What's your analysis of the pitch that he delivered to some of them quite hostile Congress members.
Speaker 6: Yes, Cherry, good to be on the program. I too, thought it was a very powerful speech by Benjamin Netanyahu. I think he made the case that this is a conflict in which America is fighting, in which Israel is fighting a new barbarism. This is not a clash of civilizations, as Samuel Huntington suggested. This is a clash for the future of democracy and the values which we share, that Israel shares with America and which Australia should share as well. I think it was a very powerful pitch, but I do think that there is a divide in the American political system. We saw very strong criticism of netnya who made by a number of prominent Democrats, and I think that they are growing increasingly frustrated with him because there are reports that the Biden administration is trying to work on a broader political solution.
Speaker 1: To end the conflict.
Speaker 6: This would still see a phased release of hostages, but essentially it would try and come up with a solution in which Israel and key Arab nations could come together to oppose the new power and threat represented by Irand so I think that there is a fundamental difference in strategy, and I do also think that this could play into the political contest going forward. I think it would do a great service for Kamala Harris if Joe Biden and Benjamin Netanya who were able to come together and actually on a plan to try and get a negotiated outcome that's acceptable to everyone. But obviously that will be a very difficult task.
Speaker 2: Character Yeah, indeed, and there is the concern that Kamala Harris may have, or in fact she does, have a more critical view on Israel than Biden, does. You know, Despite the tensions in Biden and Netanyahu's relationship, and there are tensions there, unquestionably they've spilled over into the public domain. Biden has over his entire career been a firm supporter of Israel, as has the United States whoever has been in power. Matt Biden spoke for the first time since announcing he was quitting the presidential race. Let's have a listen to that.
Speaker 3: So I've decided the best way forward is the past, the torch for new generation. It's the best waiting an in our nation. You know, there is a time and a place for long years of experience in public life. So there's also a time and a place for new voices, fresh voices, yes, younger voices, and that time and places now.
Speaker 2: Matt Canavan, I thought that was quite a feeble speech, and you know it also, it really was incredible to think that just last week he said only the Lord Almighty could stop him from running again. And then there was no explanation for why he suddenly came to the epiphany that it was time to pass the torch to a younger generation.
Speaker 7: What do you think, Well, the only explanation was that he'd lost the support of his own party.
Speaker 1: That's the brief explanation he gave.
Speaker 7: Obviously, he felt he was still capable of running and winning the election. Look, I thought the speech ticked the boxes, so to speak of HARKing back to America's story beginning and ideals that it was founded upon. But there is this still I think tension in the arguments that the Democratic Party are putting forward in apparently they're running to save democracy for all Americans sometimes even the world. Yet if the American people were to elect and vote for their opponents, that somehow would end democracy. I don't know how that circle is squared. I mean, that is democracy. It's up to the people to decide. But somehow to suggest that the election, the election of your political opponent would end a democracy as we know it just seems completely absurd and nonsensical. So look, I think I sort of hope perhaps after the shocking events of the last couple of weeks and the almost assassination of Donald Trump, that some of that outlandish rhetoric would be softened, But it doesn't seem to be the case.
Speaker 1: It still heightens the stakes on.
Speaker 7: All of these questions, which should be brought down to more on the ground level in my view.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe, I thought the actual crafting of the speech, you know, the speechwriters did a good job. Some of it was beautiful if it would have been delivered well, but you know, it was so hard to watch. You wanted him to give an impressive performance because this is such a legacy defining speech, was such an important speech for him. He had his family there, they were emotional, but you just got the sense the whole time that he was struggling to read it. He was a minute away from a stumble or a gaffer. It was just weak.
Speaker 6: What did you think, Cherry, You mentioned just their legacy sort of defining speech for I think the problem for Joe Biden is he wants to convince Americans now that this was never about him. It wasn't about his personal ambition. He revers the office, but he loves America more. He's putting American families first. But the reality is I think the problem with the speech is everyone knows that that's not authentic, that's not real. As Matt said, what happened. I mean, even two weeks ago, Joe Biden said it would take God Almighty himself, yes, to come down heaven and tell him you better withdraw from the race. Well, that didn't happen. He lost the support, he lost the support of his party.
Speaker 2: And as of course, you think that Nancy Pelosi is God Almighty and probably some people revere her as much as if she was God.
Speaker 6: Well, look, I think you talked about legacy. I think he talked about unity for the party, but I think what's happened is he held on too long. The party now has been forced to rally around Kamala Harris. It hasn't had an open and competitive process nomination process, and if she goes on to lose the presidential election, I think the legacy issue for Joe Biden will be that he effectively handicapped the Democrats by holding on for too long. And I think that a lot of the lofty ideals which he expressed today will be seen as inauthentic. So that's the dilemmas. And obviously had to say all those things, but I'm not sure they had the ring of truth.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Indeed, now turned to federal politics in Australia, and after weeks of speculation, Anthony Alberinezi finally today announced the resignation of Indigenous Affairs Minister Linda Bernie and the Skills Minister Brendan O'Connor.
Speaker 8: Have a look, We'll always be grateful for the extraordinary example which these two fine Australiants give of.
Speaker 1: Why people should enter public life.
Speaker 2: And he'll announce the cabinet reshuffle on Sunday. Andrew Giles widely expected to go. Matt Canavan. You know Linda Burnie's great contribution to public life was putting Indigenous affairs on the table. She would say it's the voice. Clearly that did divide Australia. In the end in Australian's voted no. So how do you think she'll be remembered.
Speaker 1: Look, it's a bit hard to say.
Speaker 7: I think, as you say, her really only major initiative as the Indigenous Affairs minister was was the Voice, and.
Speaker 1: It utterly failed. I'm not so sure it divided us too much.
Speaker 7: It united us quite a lot against it, but not in the way that Minister Ernie would have hoped. So look, obviously that will go down in our nation's history. It's one of less than fifty referendus we've had. But her legacy probably will be one that she wasn't successful. But look, she's done her best and I wish her well. The test for Anthony Alberonezi there was not to accept the voluntary resignations he has today. It's to force the resignation of underperforming ministers and show some accountability to the Australian people for such underperformance, as you.
Speaker 1: Mentioned, Edred Giles.
Speaker 7: But Clara O'Neil as well has been a partner in crime here in the release of more criminals onto our nation shores since the days of the First Fleet.
Speaker 1: So that's the real test here.
Speaker 7: Is there going to be accountability in the Prime Minister's cabinet and ministry for such gross failures of governance?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, who do you expect to be promoted and demoted in this reshuffle? And do you think there's any chance because I don't that Andrew Giles will be sacked. I think you'll just be moved to another job.
Speaker 6: Well, look, we know that there'll be at least two people getting promoted. There are two resignations. They're both left wing positions, so they'll be left wing promotions. It's widely accepted that Senator Mellandarry McCarthy is very likely going to be promoted to take on that Indigenous Affairs portfolio. But some of the other left wing promotions. People are talking about assistant ministers like Jed Carney getting promoted. But then there are also a range of left wing backbenches like Julian Hill, Josh Wilson. The people are talking about promotions for them too. I think the key thing for Anthony Albanize. Is he going to do a very limited reshuffle where he does as little change as possible, or is he going to take this as an opportunity to do a broader reset. And I think there is a compelling case to do were broader reset. I think Immigration and Home Affairs should be swapped up. I think new people should go into those portfolios. I think there's a case too for someone to replace Julie Collins in housing. Do I think Anthony Albanezi is actually going to take those big steps and dump Andrew Giles to the backbench. I think it's very unlikely.
Speaker 2: And of course the other thing that he'll be considering is the faction. So you know, even though there might be someone very talented like Andrew Charlton who comes on this show regularly. I mean he ran the economic strategy for Kevin rud during the global financial crisis, there is no one potentially more experienced who should be entering the ministry. Yet he won't because he is a white male from the right faction. So all of these considerations when you're in the Labor Party at least will be balanced up. All right, Matt canavanro Kelly, thank you both very much for your time. Now, after the break, we'll go live to the US after the capital was stormed by Hamas supporters, plus a shocking new detail from the FBI about Trump's would be assassin. All of that coming up, welcome back.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 2: Four days after dropping out of the presidential race, Joe Biden finally fronted the nation and Well, his intention was to explain his decision, but it didn't quite end up like that. He mumbled and bumbled his way through a twelve minute speech.
Speaker 3: I've come so far since my inauguration on that day, I told you as I stood in the winter, we're stood in a winter of peril and winter possibilities. When Ben Franklin was asked as he emerged from the convention, going on in this moment, we can see those we disagree with not as enemies, but as fellow Americans.
Speaker 2: All Right, for more on this, let's bring in the former acting United States Attorney General, Matthew Whittaker. Matthew, thank you very much for your time. Look, isn't it ironic that the Democratic National Committee has finalized a plan to nominate Kamala Harris before the convention, effectively to prevent any other contenders or any debate, the first time the Democrats have used such a process. And yet we heard Joe Biden speak about democracy over and over and over again. It was the main word he used in his speech, Well, good to be.
Speaker 10: With you in greetings from the United States. You know, we are in a kind of silly moment in American history. It is both you know, not real or not serious. What's happening with the Democrat Party where they allegedly, you know, are fighting for democracy, but are now going to run the most democratic nomination process ever history of major parties. And at the same time, we're never more insecure from the threats that the United States faces. And you know, you couple all that together and I think there's a lot of sincere concern of whether or not Joe Biden is really in charge and whether he is up to doing the job. And it's sad to say, you know, to watch that speech that he gave last night is just surreal. He's having a very hard time articulating himself. And yet, you know, for the last many months and quite frankly many years, the left in the United States has been telling us that, you know, he runs circles around everybody, and he's sharp as attack.
Speaker 2: Indeed, But in the end that only worked against the interests because they could have elected the best possible candidate if they'd gone through the proper process months ago. Instead, they're at this late stage and they only have Kamala Harris, who may be the best candidate, but hasn't been put through the ringer and been able to go through those interrogations and the debates against others. I agree with you. You got the sense that he was struggling to read that speech clearly. But what about the Republicans who are saying he should now step down as president? But you know, should they really be calling for that, because that would truly give Kamala the best chance of beating Donald trumpet if she were the president.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Think on the one hand, it would elevate her and make her have more of a spotlight. But at the same time, I think those of us that have watched her over the last really five or six years know that she has some limitations, whether that's her policies better ultraliberal, or whether that's her personality. You know, it's it's hard to find anybody that actually is a fan or that likes the Vice president. You know, it is very clear to me that as the American people get to know her, they're going to have more questions than answers. And you know, they've done a terrible time of launching her right now. You know, she's being outspent really almost sixty to one on advertising in swing states.
Speaker 1: And you know she's doing well.
Speaker 2: At fundraising though. She just raised one hundred million dollars since someday. I mean that's extraordinary.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but this is going to be a billion dollars plus on both sides. You know, last time Republicans in twenty twenty were I'd spent eight billion to two billion if you've had it all up. So there's a lot of money slashing around politics in the United States.
Speaker 1: But you're right.
Speaker 10: I mean, she'll be a powerful fundraiser, but that may not be able to make up for her personal limitations.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's look at the revelations from FBI Director Christopher Ray today, and it was revealed that Thomas Matthew Crooks, that of course, was the gunman who tried to kill Trump. Will he researched the jfk assassination a week before he tried to kill Trump. We now know that he typed into Google. Half our away was Oswald from Kennedy. He was also flying a drone for eleven whole minutes, eleven minutes of a drone flying in the air around where Trump was about to speak, right before the attempted assassination. What did you think of these revelations and Christopher Raise evidence today.
Speaker 10: Well, it was good to hear from Chris what they have learned so far. I think it was much better than these former Secret Service director who gave us no answers and really raised more questions. But at the same time, there are still too many questions. This was a massive failure. You know, we almost lost President Trump, whether by luck or some of us, like myself, believed revine providence. You know, he is alive, but there were too many single points of failure that.
Speaker 1: Have been revealed.
Speaker 10: And I also am concerned that a lot of what we learned is from leaks previously to director Raised testimony.
Speaker 1: And I worked with Chris.
Speaker 10: Ray both in the Bush administration and in the Trump administration, and I know him to be a street shooter. I think I wish he would be a little stronger leader at the FBI. But that being said, I think he did, you know, lay out what they know and where they're going with this investigation.
Speaker 2: His performance was definitely far more impressive than the head of the Secret Service, who obviously had to step down after hurt shocking performance. But no question, there needs to be a proper inquiry so we can find out how this happened. Now, just before you go, I want to ask you your view. The Secret Service has said or they've advised Trump's campaign to stop doing outdoor rallies. Now, Trump is famous for his outdoor rallies. He loves them, his fans love them. It's kind of his trademark. What do you think about this? I mean, they're admitting effectively that they can't properly guarantee his security.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, I've been to probably more rallies than I can count, having helped him win the Iowa Caucuses and having you know, been to so many of the outdoor rallies and the indoor rallies. And you're right, I mean, the president enjoys the outdoor rallies, but they obviously, you know, we learned our harder secure. But at the same time, I think you add it all up and until the Secret Service gets their act together, and until they learn these lessons that we should have learned when JFK was assassinated. I think you know that it is probably correct to do a few indoor rallies. The problem is that the rallies serve a couple purposes. One is to obviously get the Trump supporters in the base together. But at the same time, I think the other thing that it does is it shows force, and it shows a strength of the campaign and the grassroots that Donald Trump only can bring.
Speaker 2: All right, Matt wat Katt really appreciate your time this evening or early morning for you. Thank you so much. And Matt of course former acting Attorney General in the United States. Now, if the recent political shakeups in the White House weren't enough, today, as I said earlier in the show, we saw unprecedented levels of chaos in Washington. The American flag burned, her Musk supporters saying that her muss was coming to the US. This was just outrageous. And all of this was because Israeli Prime Minister Benjainette and Yaho delivered a powerful argument for Western support of Israel in Congress. Here's another part of what he had to say.
Speaker 4: It's a clash between barbarism and civilization. It's a clash between those who glorified death and those who sanctify life. For the forces of civilization to triumph, America and Israel must stand together.
Speaker 2: By the way, Elon Musk was sitting in the crowd in Congress watching that speech. He was a guest of Netanyahu's, so even more reason to like Elon Musk. Let's bring in now IRNC spokesperson Elizabeth Pipco, Elizabeth, welcome to the show. Look, during Netanyahu's address, we saw dozens of Democrats. Have seen reports that it was fifty. Other reports say eighty, but either way, a large number of Democrats actually walked out. I mean, this is meant to be a democracy. You don't have to like Nettunya who you can hate him, but surely they should at least show the respect of listening to what he has to say.
Speaker 5: I completely agree. I said it yesterday. Actually, unless the reports have changed. According to Axios yesterday, nearly half of elected Democrats that not show up for the speech, Like you said, they should just hear him out and listen to what he has to say. This is the democratically elected leader of one of our strongest and closest allies.
Speaker 1: It's also the.
Speaker 5: Leader of a country currently fighting for its survival unless excuse me, against a terrorist group. A terrorist group that is, like he mentioned last night, not just Israel's enemy but also our enemy here in the United States. Let's not forget there are also American hostages still locked up right now, still being held by this group. And he is fighting, just like we would hopefully be fighting, to release those hostages, to bring them home. And to not show up to his speech the shere disrespect from him and by the way, respect from him, but also from the Vice president. Let's not forget. This is a man who showed up knowing that nearly half of Democrats weren't going to be there, but not assuming that the vice president of the United States would not even show up, the person who's now the presumptive nominee running for president here. For the Democrat Party to not show up when Israel is in this war again, when Americans are still held hostage, I think was disgraceful. And you mentioned what was going on outside that might have been even worse than the lack of support inside. These are far left protesters burning the American flag, as a leader of another country stands and applauds those that support and stand for our flag inside. So I think the contrast could not be more evident. And I truly am just saddened as a proud American for what I start happening yesterday.
Speaker 2: And you know what, it's not just that it was disrespectful to Neeta Yaoho. He's a politician, he can take it. But Noah Agamani was there. She was She became one of the most famous hostages around the world when she was kidnapped on October seven. You know, the beautiful young girl on the back of a motorcycle, kidnapped by her musk, rescued only recently in a risky and daring mission by Israel which cost one Israeli soldier their life. She was rescued. She was there today watching Netanyahu's address. How would she have felt to arrive in the Capitol and see all these people saying her muss is coming and supporting her muscle. The trauma, the heartlessness, it's just shocking. And now I want to turn to your role as a spokesperson for the Republican Party. How do you think Donald Trump, your party, the Republicans are going to have to shift their messaging now to take on Kamala Harrison. Are you more worried about her winning than you were Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: So it's a fair question.
Speaker 5: It's what a lot of people are discussing right now, and I think for us, the strategy remains the same. Look, we can't deny the fact that Kamala Harris was on this ticket right with Joe Biden. She was in this administration with Joe Biden the entire time. She owns the failures of this administration. She owns everything that the American people are feeling right now, and she owns the fact that we still don't know how Joe Biden is doing. We still don't know how long he has been in this decline. We still don't know what happened at that last debate, We don't know what people around him knew, including Kamala Harris, And she has to own all of that because the American people deserve some kind of answers. So I think for us, it's about just being transparent here, being honest. Everybody knows everything they need to know about Donald Trump and where he stands on every single issue. They've known for a while that he was going to be the nominee as well. And for us, it's about going against not the individual that is Kamala Harris, but the policies of this administration, the policies of the left, and the policies that the majority of Americans agree right now are just not working for them.
Speaker 2: But what is this answer? You more worried about taking her on than Joe Biden.
Speaker 5: We're certainly not more worried, but it's it's you know, it's an interesting time in American politics right We don't even know yet if she is one hundred percent going to be the candidate. We certainly don't know who her vice president is going to be. And I think three months out from an election to kind of know that this is what's happening, it's weird for us to know that that's where the American people are right now, not knowing what their choice is. It's weird for us not knowing who our competitors are. But against we are a party right now going against another party which we don't believe has the best interest of the American people in mind. That's all that we need to know and what was on display yesterday you and I just talked about is all the American people need to know. She was not there as American flags were being burned, and a speech of our ally, who's fighting a war technically with the American people right now to release our own hostages was completely ignored by her. And that's all people need to know about this candidate and this ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, Elizabeth Pipco, thank you very much for your time. Now still to come as Democrats walk out. Annette Yahoo, a mother whose young daughter is still being held hostage, will join me next. Plus what went down on Wall Street with the one trillion dollar wipeout? And could we be facing a recession here in Australia. All that and more coming up welcome back. Well, even more economists are concerned that we could potentially face a recession in Australia. We're going to come back to that in a moment, But first let's look back at two hundred and ninety two days ago when twenty three year old Romy Gonen was taken hostage by her mus at the Nova Music Festival. She was shot and captured along with three of her friends. Well, Romy's mother, Merav Leshem Gonen joins me live now. Thank you so much your time. Really appreciate it. I can can't even possibly imagine how difficult it is for you to speak about this topic. So we do appreciate your time. Look your daughter around you while she was trying to escape being taken by her mask on October seven. Can you tell us what she said to you in that phone call?
Speaker 9: Well, she was on the phone with us for four and a half hours on the phone or on what'sapp. But the last phone call started at ten fourteen, and when she was you know, I was picking up the phone and she said, Mom, hair was shot, I'm bleeding and I think I'm going to die, and that her friend is not speaking anymore. Her friend said in the front and that the driver was killed. And that's how the phone call started. Forty five minutes of which I'm trying to help, trying to see who can come and rescue my daughter, trying to talk to the army, to the police, trying to understand where she is, and hearing around her all the shooting and the fighting that were going on around the car. And finally I heard them, the terrorists coming to the car, opening the door trying to start the car and speaking about my daughter, saying she's alive, and then going to her side of the car and taking her out by her long beautiful hair and pulling her on the road, hurting her back, and when she was trying to look and see what is going on, she was punched in the face and then the phone was hang out.
Speaker 2: And merav that was the last time you spoke to your daughter that phone call.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, you have to understand. Being held by Chamas is not a prison. This is not prison.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 9: Pere hatred, pure evil terrorists that holding my daughter and other women and men underground in tunnels, no phone call, nobody visits them, no doctor, no nothing. My daughter is there underground for two hundred and twenty and ninety three days already, and I expect the world to shout to say something. Twelve women are still alive there and some of the men are also alive.
Speaker 2: Who used to say still alive? And we absolutely pray with everything that your daughter is still alive. What have you got news of her? Have you what makes you believe that she is still holding on?
Speaker 9: First time a mother, I know she's alive. This is nowhere, There is nowhere you mean, and I'm sure about mother's instinct, yes, but this is not just the instinct. We know from the women that came back on the last deal that they were with her in the tunnels. I know she was alive. I know she is alive, and I know we have to bring her back as soon as possible. Just yesterday we got the message about two of the men that were murdered in Commas, and and five bodies were returned yesterday from people who were murdered also by the Commas. This is an impossible state. These are, you know, civilians. My daughter is almost one four, she will be in August twenty four. This is something unimaginable.
Speaker 2: It truly is very passion I don't know how you bear it every single day for the past nine and a half months. I can't We can't even begin to imagine what your nights are like, how you possibly sleep and survive. You've said that one of your biggest concerns for Romi is any sexual assault that she might be facing at the hands of these terrorists, and and tragically, we know that rape is something that harmas uses as a as a taller weapon of war. I understand you spoke to United Nations officials recently. Is this something that you raised with them?
Speaker 9: I was in the last Committee of Human Rights, and everything I heard them was everything except human rights, at least a human rights of Jewish people, because they were talking about what is happening to the women in prison as merly a parade, which was they were shouted at and that's all. But we know we heard Amtsusana. Amitsusana already said she has a very long testimony of what happened to her in Gaza, and we need the world to understand Hamas is raping women. I don't know which of the hostages is being Each and every one of them is actually harassed in some way, even if it is only a man that is looking at you twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, every minute. Even when you go to the bathroom, if there is a bathroom, it's not exactly a bathroom in the tunnels. I don't know if you saw the pictures, of course, So the human rights of the UN, I guess they don't see Jewish women as something that deserves to have a privaty or you know, I don't have words to say. I was so angry when I visited the committee and I had a speech of five minutes of which I exclaimed, the world Hamas is pure evil. It's very nice to stay very nice things in a cozy, warm or cold place where you are protected. But I want to see each and every one of this committee guys coming to gus and trying to say the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. It's absolutely disgusting that all the women's groups and all these so called feminists haven't been fighting for the return of the hostages. Mirav. All of our hearts go out to you. We pray for the day that you are able to hold your little girl in your arms again.
Speaker 1: Look, we on build the same.
Speaker 2: It's so hard, and we just have to applaud you on your courage for doing media interviews like this one. We can't even imagine how hard it is for you to speak out, but you're doing it. And when your daughter comes home, because we believe she will come home when she is, I'm sure she'll be so proud of your courage. So Merav, thank you very.
Speaker 9: Much, Thank you, thank you very much to you too.
Speaker 2: Now, after the break, more concerns or recession could be on the cards. While in the US, a one trillion dollar Wall Street wipe out, plus Fadam a payman's audacity and demanding Albanezi give her even more resources after she'd left the labor fault. My panel, welcome back. Well, let's bring in tonight's panel now commentator Jason Morrison, who happens to be in the Fox News studio in New York, and PR Council Managing Director Christy McSweeney. Good to see you both, Jason, Christy, Let's have a look at the economy because we're hearing this report from Deloit Access Economics that warns another rate hike, and we are expecting there to be at least one, potentially two, and Warren Hogan last night said that even could be three rate hikes this year. I doubt that'll happen, but we are expecting rate hikes this year, and Deloitte economists are saying that this actually could push us over into a recession. So Christy, this is a very fine line that the alban Ezy government, that the Treasurer of Jim Chalmers needs to walk here to try and you know, take the pressure off inflation and the RBA as well, of course without falling into recession.
Speaker 11: The government has two options here, waite and hope and pray that the RBI gives them some reprieve between the end of this year and the full term of March next year for the election, or hope, which I don't think is possible, that their own policies around setting white hikes for certain union cohorts and working with the AC to you to deliver wage increases, is going to reset the economy and increase productivity.
Speaker 1: It won't.
Speaker 11: Like all the economists that you mentioned suggesting that we will have another right hike, there is not an economist in Australia who's suggesting that any of the libor's industrial relations agenda is going to increase productivity and do something to off set the cost of living and the spiraling cost of goods and consumer household spending that we are in in Australia. So I think we'll go full term to the election with one or possibly two rate hikes under our belt.
Speaker 2: Well, they will certainly be hoping that there's a cut at least in the first quarter of next year. But Jason, meanwhile, Wall Street had its worst day in almost two years. Trillion dollars wiped off stocks. Tesla is one of the stocks that had a sharp fall. What else can you tell us? You're in New York, Jason, what else is to blame for this Wall Street result?
Speaker 8: I can tell you I'm as broke today as I was yesterday. So for a personal level, like everyone, it doesn't really matter where these graphs go. It just sort of feels like it's the same story. All I can tell you here is that everyone is saying, you know, shock, horror, big dip. But the real story is you look at the long term and for the last twelve months, it's been up and up and up and up and up and up, and it had a little bit of a down yesterday. And to give you some context there's always worth getting context, is that yesterday's down took us back about a week and a half of the ups. So for all the shock and horror of these statistics, the truth is it's been good earnings for quite a bit of time.
Speaker 1: It's this parallel universe.
Speaker 8: It's like the Australian share market. It's doing well, yet all of us don't feel like we're doing well. And I guess in a time when you know, they keep telling us it's about constraint and restraint, and the same messages over in the United States. At the moment, I got to say, I have never seen things more expensive here, and the same way I've never felt it as expensive it is back home. We've got very similar kind of problems at the moment with big taxing governments that just seem to find ways to push up our prices through stupid decisions. And if it's not in Australia electricity bills, I was stunned to see how much they pay for electricity in the US metrol excise and Australia is about to go up soon. So it's all sort of flowing into each other. But that's the real story of the Wall Street drop. It's just a balance out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, let's quickly have a look at farmer labor Senator Fatima payment. She's made a big request of Albaneze, even though she walked out on him, crossed the floor. She's now asking for extra staff, according to this story in The Nightly, as she embarks on a twelve day listening tour of regional w A town's Christy. I'm not sure this is a word she'd use, but this is some hutzpat from Fatima payment.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I agree with you. I'm not sure if some word she would use either, she would probably use it as entitlement. First of all, I don't think fatim payment has ever been to regional Western Australia. I'm a regional Western Australian. There's nobody there that's ever heard of her. I'm not entirely sure why she wants to go on a tour of regional Western Australia. Second of all, I campaigned at that election, that same election of which Senator Payment was elected at, not one single constituent or one single lie raised support for Palestine with me as an issue that's highly relevant to the constituency overall of Western Australia and wymps on both sides of Parliament tell me there's not a significant volume of correspondence coming into the office. That's interesting because the way that you know, some labor politicians are very worried about it in marginal seats in Sydney and Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Jason, Yeah, this is the diversity pick gone wrong. And you know one of the stories that goes with the diversity movement is take take take guess what she's doing.
Speaker 2: Anyone shocked really mm, well, well you can ask for more resources, but albin Eezy can easily say no. But I think the point I was trying to get at is that are these independent Muslim candidates who are considering I mean, they seem like the groupings in a bit of disarray at the moment, but they are threatening to run against Labor politicians, and there are Labor politicians in marginal seats in Western Sydney and in Melbourne where this could be a real issue in this domestic politics. It is part of the reason that many think, including me, that Foreign Minister Pennywong, you know, did what she did today, that why she is being so publicly critical of Israel. But look the Labor Party national conference, there's going to be a lot of pro Palestinian protesters. They're already security concerns, so this is going to be a big issue to come. Jason Morrison, Christy McSweeney, thank you both very much for your time, and that's it for me this week. I'll see you Monday at eight o'clock and up now for Myriy life.