Speaker 1: We got getting the Morning every day, every lazy gentleman, adelaides Jody and Hazy fire works my house last night joke.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you two got into it in the Hayes household.
Speaker 3: There was a heavy, heavy discussion about the fact.
Speaker 2: That Kara thinks she can do your job and you in the last five minutes doing her job.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yes, So we had a bit of a role reversal and sure, maybe she's this thing right now. I think she's on the way to school. She probably saying that didn't happen. But we just sort of got into a very very lovely conversation where I was very real lovely. It was lovely, it was beautiful, it was really wholesome. And I said to her, look, she said, there's no way that she could do what I do in terms of taking care of the kids.
Speaker 3: Well, you couldn't.
Speaker 1: I probably agree with her. But then she said I could do what you do, but you couldn't do what I do. It's true, Well is it though?
Speaker 3: One hundred percentury?
Speaker 1: So then I got defense and I said, all right, a well then how about you jump on over from six six to nine thirty tomorrow. See what happens there? And then also warrant you just pop into Channel seven give us a bit of a footy report. We've got Tim Jinniver today as well, doing a little thing with Tim Jinnfer on two Team Town. You just chat to the great man for twenty minutes. What again, asked Timmy? G what have you got? What have you got?
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I would walk her through this radio show thing that would be fine, hold her hand. We might have to get someone to push the buttons.
Speaker 3: And then, I mean, how hard is it to talk smack about footy? Just let Timmy do all the talking.
Speaker 1: That's what she was saying. That's exactly what she was saying. But you both have no faith in me whatsoever to be able to take care of a seven four and one and a half year old. No, in terms of all the day to day things. No, I'd wing it. No, I'd call someone, they'd hold my hand. Surely it would.
Speaker 2: Be ice cream for breakfast. Oh my god, those kids would run a mark. Those kids would have you bound and gagged on the on the launder room floor before you could blink an EyeT.
Speaker 3: There is no question about that.
Speaker 2: You know what needs to have for you.
Speaker 1: Nobly rarely. My wife.
Speaker 3: She hates it.
Speaker 2: I know she hates it, but I think on this occasion we both feel a need to prove you wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I am confident that if you try and call her to get her on the radio, because eating is quarter past eight in the morning, she won't answer because she's extremely busy. So good luck, good luck, I wouldn't be able to get on. Why do you think you could get her on.
Speaker 2: Just punching the number eight? She will take my call. I have no question about that, because.
Speaker 1: She won't answer. She won't answer. All right, this is a little bit scary.
Speaker 2: We just heard how you got into it with your wife, because she's saying that you would not last five minutes at home doing what she does each and every day, day in day out, Whereas she's like, I could be on the telly, I could do the radio, easy, peasy.
Speaker 3: So I said, what's that left to do? But get her.
Speaker 2: On the phone right now. Kara Hayes joins us. Now, and Kara talk us through just your theory behind this, that Andrew wouldn't last a second doing what you do.
Speaker 4: Will you just explain how it's even started. So Andrew is standing in the pantry looking for snacks like a five year old child. There's no Milo bars. This house is a prison.
Speaker 5: I said, right, well, you can do the wall.
Speaker 4: Who's Smilo bars? But how old are you sending? Nine years old? You do the wal worst order? Andrew, tomorrow, you know what you do, the war worst order. You can be in charge of ordering your food and cooking the dinners this week. And he goes smug look and he says, ah, want to get up at four am tomorrow. I'm like, yes, yes, I will get up at four am. I will go to radio. I will talk on the radio for three hours and then get on with my day. And that was where it begana.
Speaker 2: Having had multiple conversations with your husband during the day.
Speaker 3: Do you know what he does? He goes for little runs.
Speaker 2: He goes for little jogs, a little run.
Speaker 4: For an hour. I want to for an hour, and then if he's got the afternoon off, he'll come home at five thirty, five thirty. And any parent knows five thirty pm might just go for like a quick three k Yeah, no, just in fact, you what go? It will be easier if.
Speaker 1: You're wont Oh my god, are you saying it's not a quick three k. He's saying, I'm a slow rider.
Speaker 2: Ah right, what I'm you don't need to What I'm here is he's an absolute handbreak in your life.
Speaker 4: Just bless his cotton focks, right, because he's pretty easy going, but almost too easy going, so much so that you are a bit of a handbrake.
Speaker 3: Really, and so do you think care of you? Who just had to jump on?
Speaker 2: And let's be honest, he just jumps on the telly for about a minute and talks a little bit of crap about the football.
Speaker 3: Do you think you'd be capable of doing that?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 4: What I said to him? Because then he put Then he went on to say, we'll actually yeah, you've then got to go to channel seven after that. Okay, that's fine. I'm not saying I could do what you do. It is hard and I don't enjoy talking. I don't like here in my own voice mountain and I'm talking on the radio. But there would be people to guide me. If he's here in this house and there's a one and a half year old throwing a tantrum, he doesn't know that that certain tone of tantram means you've got to put the rattling by the wiggles on and tree of wisdom is going to fix everything. He doesn't know that, and there's no one to tell him.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Kara.
Speaker 2: You are welcome on this program anytime or nice.
Speaker 1: Let's get a money, Chris. Good morning to you, mate.
Speaker 3: Hey, how are we We're good? Chris, all right, you thought so.
Speaker 6: For about thirteen years. My wife was working. Then two years ago I got well. I was working that I got made redundant. I was a sales rep and I was traveling every two weeks. So I was away and I wasn't with the kids, and she go and the kids said, we wanted that to stay home. So I stayed home, and I took over all the cooking and all the housework, all the washing, dropping kids to and from school and todaycare and haven't looked back since.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're now a full time dad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'm stay at home full time. So I drop the kids off all the time, and I do all the housework, the cooking, the cleaning. The kids won't eat the mum's cooking anymore.
Speaker 1: The switcher rot. You did it too well, Chris, you did it far too well.
Speaker 3: Here's the key question.
Speaker 2: Chris, what's easier being a stay at home dad working full time?
Speaker 6: Staying at home?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Well, Chris has obviously got some parenting skills, though, would you lack so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very much, so very much? A different sounds like a very very patient man gives a call thirteen twenty four ten. Could you do your partner's job? I'd call it somewhat of a war of words between myself and now my wife and Jody, who teams up beautifully with my wife, always take her so I do. Don't you?
Speaker 3: By the way, well one night and always right.
Speaker 1: That's probably the main reason, but I feel like even if she was wrong, your team up with that.
Speaker 2: We're talking the old job swap. Do you think you could do your partner's job better than they could? And vice versa. Let's go to Amy from angele Val. Good morning, Amy, good morning, Okay, we go.
Speaker 7: My husband he is a sprink leftter, so he does the fire protection in the ceiling and I am a stay at home mum to two boys that are two and one part up. And my husband seems to think that he can be a stay at home mom.
Speaker 5: But I think I could easily go do.
Speaker 7: His job and have three breaks a day and have all these perks that he gets and have lunch with the boys.
Speaker 8: I'd love to do that.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing, isn't it. Every time I come home Amy, and I'll be like a big day, like huge day, had to do this, this, this and this, and just so that she'd be like, what'd you do for lunch? So I feel like, oh, I just sort of popped into Woolworths and got this and sort of sat down for twenty minutes like did you did you nice for something?
Speaker 7: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: You don't get a break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can't go to the toilet by yourself, all of those things. No, Amy, you were in the trenches at the moment. I remember having a all I reckon a twenty month old and a newborn and just thinking to myself, this is an hour by hour proposition, like I just need to survive the next hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so hard. Oh well, hats off to you, Dull.
Speaker 1: But also those sprinklers not going to fit themselves right, and I'm not going to fit themselves.
Speaker 3: Hannah from Paradise, Good morning, Hannah, good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you guys? Good?
Speaker 3: What's your situation?
Speaker 8: So my partner constantly said that I could never do his job, he's a plumber, and I decided to prove him wrong. One day I had my checks I could be on site and went out one day and Jack coming up a floor all day, and the boss came out at the end of the day and said, I'd done better than what his apprentices do.
Speaker 3: I love that you walked the war canner.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, it's a lot of effort just to prove a point there, Hannah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, you know, I was a Statt home mum at the time, and he was constantly saying that, you know, it's not that hard. My job is so much harder because he's doing physical labor all day. And I said, well, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good Honye jumped on the tools.
Speaker 2: Howner, Hey, would you like a two hundred and fifty dollars Marion holiday Parks don't you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or yours tell you will absolutely love it. There, it's paradise.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, good stuff, right, thank you to everybody called up. And look, I think it's fair to say, what's the conclusion here that car could do my job, but I could do her job one hundred percent okay, so tomorrow, tomorrow, get ready for Chody and car.
Speaker 5: The following segment is the mature audiences only and may contain how content, graphic language and nudity, not that you'll see it is easily offended.
Speaker 3: Well, you're about to find out just how easily your father.
Speaker 2: He's only money, Jody and Hazy is sixty nothing.
Speaker 1: Indeed, it's not for the ninety six to forty. Will straighten up after seven o'clock, Joe's let's talk about a passion basis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but for now you've been asking me for ages. What's Bonnie Blue up to?
Speaker 1: Finally you've gone back at a response. It's a daily question.
Speaker 2: Controversial adult entertainer Bonnie Blue was left red faced at the weekend after being booted from an English Premier.
Speaker 3: League game by security. Yes so.
Speaker 2: She's previously said that she's been banned from Nottingham Forest games as a result of a public call out to engage in sex with fans post matches. She said, this is a direct quote from your friend, Bonnie. I put on my socials. Hey boys, I'm going to be at the game.
Speaker 3: I'd like to film with you afterwards.
Speaker 2: I turn up to the football game and the gate security was like, you are permanently banned from the ground.
Speaker 1: That's tough. I'll tell you what. It's tough to get yourself banned from an EPL match. Those places are so bloody round.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, they're actually quite frightening. Have you ever been.
Speaker 1: No, I've never actually been.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's a hot bed of just anger, blokes that are jacked up.
Speaker 3: It's actually quite scary.
Speaker 1: There's so many key words and what you just said, it's a hot bed of sex. If you look at it through the lens of Bonnie Blue.
Speaker 2: Bonnie Blue, I can just imagine one of these English Premier League fans right just thinking why don't I run it past the missus? Bonnie's here, She's made an offer and just calling out, being like a love Bonnie Blues at the ground and she said I could.
Speaker 3: Have sex with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just going to give a quick share.
Speaker 3: You're right, are you right?
Speaker 1: Fancy a point afterwards?
Speaker 3: Is that right? I'll come straight back home to you after. Don't worry about that. Love.
Speaker 1: So it's just me and my mates, a thousand of in mates.
Speaker 3: How would that go down?
Speaker 1: And the missus be like, how dare you, I am not shagging you. After you've been with that slag, she'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, are you taking the pest?
Speaker 1: Are you taking the pest? Jones. I have some advice for all the partners out there, and you need to write this down. You need to do it every single day because it may just increase your livespan. Studies have revealed that men who kiss their wives before work live an average of five years longer than those who didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: Five years longer.
Speaker 3: So you shall affection, you get longevity one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's several reasons why that might be. Kissing has been shown to release hormones like oxytocin and dopamine, which improves mood and reduces stress hormone cortisol. Regular kissing may foster a positive attitude and a sense of connection, leading to better mental and physical health. And then you're physically in less danger from your partner if you kiss them. I made that last bit up, but I think that's a safe assumption.
Speaker 2: Are we talking passion here or are we just talking like if you want pash, I get such a wave of like beautiful emotion every time I kiss my husband goodbye. When I lay for work, it's not he's asleep, but I will always go in and give him a kiss on the head and say have a great day, love you, and then it just feels so good.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So let me just let me just say there's limits. So there's limits. I'm talking for the stock standard person that probably goes to work at seven thirty. Yeah, I don't kiss your husband at quarter to four in the morning when you're at your absolute worse slash stinkiest, well slash less kissable.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I kind of like about it? There's nothing you can do about it. Like he's fast asleep. Like if he doesn't like me doing it, bad luck. I'm gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay. So what's happening here is you're stealing all the oxytocin dopamine and he is taking all of the quartersoples. So there's a there's a mismatch in hormones here.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's all right. It feels nice for me and I'll take it. What about you encourage you like mac On?
Speaker 1: Well, I can't remember last wrking maack On, to be honest, but last night in the kitchen we had a little kiss. Both the kids saw it and the reaction, which we thought was awesome. We got the gross you guys.
Speaker 3: Are sickos, but you do sort of.
Speaker 2: I think the more reaction you get out of the kids, like we do it to provoke a reaction like this is the kids got pash dad and just like grab him and they're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm on the kids side. I'm imagine that.
Speaker 3: Get a room macross. The thought of my me and my husband, passion is it.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't be able to see your tongues connecting.
Speaker 2: This blew up over TikTok over the weekend. Taylor Swift speech at NYU's twenty twenty two commencement, and it blew up because people are comparing it to Donald Trump. I'll get to that in just a moment, but in case you missed it, Taylor's graduation speech was one of the best of all time. It's the only grad speech you'll ever need. Do you want to hear a little bit?
Speaker 9: Here we go, and you will screw it up sometimes so will I. Anyway, hard things will happen to us. We will recover, we will learn from it, we will grow more resilient because of it, and as long as we are fortunate enough to be breathing, we will breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out. I hope you know how proud I am to share this day with you. So let's just keep dancing like we're the Class of twenty two breathing.
Speaker 1: Breathe out, Breathe left, breathe right, Breathe that way, Breathe this way.
Speaker 2: Ken Taylor Swift, stop taking the PI double five out of one of the greatest grad speeches of all time.
Speaker 1: Innovated.
Speaker 2: It's up there though, with a couple of others. And what I love about these these people are trying to inspire young minds, right, So have a listener to This is a little montage of Steve Jobs and his famous quote Oprah's in there, and then Will Ferrell at the end.
Speaker 3: Have a listen, Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Speaker 1: Thank you all very much. Steve.
Speaker 10: I want you to know this, remember this, there is no such thing as failure.
Speaker 4: Failure is just life trying to move us in another direction.
Speaker 8: Wills love you, Class of twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: I say the Oprah one was actually very sporting and will win in a different direction.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought will Fare would would take the FODA with five. And then we come to the current president of the United States, and that is Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: So whilst all these inspirational.
Speaker 2: Figures are putting the spotlight on the young graduates coming through and trying to inspire them, we have Donald addressing a military college.
Speaker 3: Have a listen.
Speaker 10: Every cadet on the field before me should savor this morning. In a few moments, you'll become graduates of the most elite and storied military academy and human history, and you will become officers and the greatest and most powerful army the world has ever known. And I know because I rebuilt that army, and I rebuilt the military.
Speaker 1: Donald could shift it back onto himself.
Speaker 2: Oh God, you will be part of the greatest military in the world because I did it.
Speaker 3: I did it.
Speaker 1: All you guys are awesome because of me. Ah, yes, she is.
Speaker 2: See you know your songs the song song song world.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is what with Andrew Hayes. He gets very obnoxious in this space. But also I know that if you don't get this song, get the song after the first ten seconds, you're not going to get it.
Speaker 3: At all?
Speaker 1: Oh is that right?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what happens, whether you get it straight away or you don't get it at all, that.
Speaker 1: Is very very trick. So your pattern and then and then you start second guessing yourself and you're know what the song is, but you can't get the title an art which doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: I know. And for all of you sitting at home going you feels why can't you get it right? It's actually a lot of pressure standing in this space on.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to Colin's Wood. That's where we find Naomi. Good morning, names? Can I call you names? Fantastic? All right, thank you for choosing me, appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Good luck Naomi.
Speaker 2: Also Sam from greenwith I'm sorry, I'm sorry always going.
Speaker 1: You've got this joke.
Speaker 3: It's pity encouragement, isn't it?
Speaker 1: For me? Specifically? As well? You've got her to only six times versus ten? Yeah, that's right, ten sixty. The first song song goes.
Speaker 3: Jody, is that a waysis wonderful? It is?
Speaker 1: There's no chance of getting that the one that Saves.
Speaker 3: Nearly called it, I nearly called it.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm gonna say that always is that?
Speaker 12: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Karlie Ray Jepson. All right, early lead for Jodie. Here we go, second song. I don't even know the song.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jody? Is that Gracie Abrams? So true? I'm going to pay that.
Speaker 1: Now you can't pay it? Is it correc or not?
Speaker 3: That's so true?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: I said so true? Come on, that's so true. You do not in this space deny me.
Speaker 3: Of this victory. That's impressive from Joe's do not.
Speaker 1: Did you get the title wrong?
Speaker 3: I said, so true. I just missed a word. I think it's worth pain. Thank you mine. It's such a baby. You're winning ten to six. Crawl up, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Well now now I'm winning ten to seven. So it's not good enough. So I feel like I'll feel like just in the future, maybe we needed It's a correct artist and title.
Speaker 4: Is it not?
Speaker 3: Needs a bit of love to just throw a dog a bone?
Speaker 1: All right, hey, you'll do the third one anyway, shock discourse? All right, here we go Stacy's mum found nah what I'm Joe's thank you one? Even though you got the second one wrong. That's fine. Hey Sam, Sam, congratulations you picked the win a second d Thank you Sam yourself? You had nothing but doubt for yourself and you're going through with a win.
Speaker 3: What did Sam win?
Speaker 1: By the way, it's Sam. You've absolutely cleaned up. So you've got yourself a two and fifty dollars Marion Park Holiday about you and also will Cinema Family past.
Speaker 3: Congrats.
Speaker 4: Oh thank god, that's awful.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 3: Do you have kids, Sam, I do.
Speaker 5: I've got two boys.
Speaker 3: They're going to go nuts and Marion Holiday Parks.
Speaker 2: There's a big bouncing pillow, there's Tempion bowling, there's arcade games, there's pools.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely insane. You're gonna love it. Awesome, Thank you, good stuff?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 3: Why do I just feel like I'm going to hear about this during the song? Now?
Speaker 1: Well, do you know the good thing from this is over the next ten to fifteen minutes. If I can get myself up in the boat. You are up and about. That's nice. We don't have to heals. You've been grumpy, which is good.
Speaker 3: For what nerf has happened overnight?
Speaker 5: Joel, Oh goodness, gracious me, that little storm we got to enjoy yesterday. Well he was back. Not about you around at your place, your roofs flying off?
Speaker 3: Well not quite, but it was very very loud, and the rain was very very heavy.
Speaker 5: It was it was indeed, because obviously we had that cold front come through yesterday. Some of the real highlights, if you'd like to know, Neptune Island yesterday had a wind gust of one hundred and twenty two kilometers an hour. That would blow you both away the crazy times that's over at my house Midleton. The airport had a gust of up to one hundred and seven k's an hour. We also had a lot of the dust come up through the north. With that, the ways and the tides smashing, and that could continue today. That's the main concern for today. We're not expecting the winds to be as major as they were, so your trampolines might be fine, yes, but the abnormally high tides are one to watch, and the lingering storms offshore could fist on this morning. But the worst of it, we believe, allegedly is over.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's the favorite word of the journalist, isn't it allegedly that it solves alleged?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yes, hey, especially a weather girl yes.
Speaker 2: Watching last night some of the weather girls out in the element and weather girls boys by the way out in the elements. You and I've both done a lot of weather. What's what's the coldest you've ever been? Like, what's been the most intense weather report?
Speaker 5: I'm going to give you three chilly weather reports. Okay for the true Yeah, but maybe it is one of the hills. Don't go in the hills. No, Mount Losty in particular chilly. It's silly cold. I would have three layers thermal sockeys, boots, a puffa jackets. Still not good enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're that's no man.
Speaker 2: You're also a chance of not getting a signal from Mount Lofty quite incredibly too.
Speaker 3: Have you ever done that dash down the hill because there's no signals?
Speaker 5: No, Joe, Because I'm much younger than you. Is the technology better?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay? Interesting? Where else where else?
Speaker 5: The beach as well gets pretty nasty because the wind is often picking up the waves, so you're standing there trying to look as glamorous as you can while you've been smashed by a wave. Yes, not too long ago, I was down there trying to talk about a seafood festival for the weekend, saying, oh, everyone come down, it's going to be so good. But the weather was so horrific, and I'm trying to be like, come on down, it's great, and it wasn't great.
Speaker 1: Chuck, and our will bloom as well. It just doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Oh how would you be in your hair? And then as well frostiest one, which I thought I was being clever about it was on a forty degree day. So I went to the ice arena. Oh yes, but I couldn't wear my heeels on the ice or on the carpet on the ice. I was barefoot standing on the little carpet. I thought I was going to get frost by. It was real bad.
Speaker 1: Lest you get relief when you go out sign it's forty degreets I did.
Speaker 5: I did, actually straight after the cross right outside and put my feet on the bare pavement. I thought that's better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, goodness.
Speaker 2: Oh so, stop wearing heels, stop wearing hills, ridiculous Segway shoes deform from tenus first, thanks for the update this morning, and yet hopefully things aren't as bad today as they were yesterday. About that, all right, hazy, absolute carnage with the weather yesterday. And someone who copped it more than most is Anthony from the Broadway Kiosk and he joins us.
Speaker 3: Now, good morning, Anthony.
Speaker 11: Good morning, there you go.
Speaker 3: Oh what was it like yesterday?
Speaker 11: Crazy? So obviously got worse our clothes last night, but over nine things have gotten ten times worse. So lots of damage this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh so in the process right now, mate, how bad is it? And what's the clean up been?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What have you got to go through?
Speaker 11: Clean up going to be a couple of hours. Got lots of stand lots of seaweed, lots of flooding. So the sees has been out and they've done a few taped off a few sections. I think the community has sort of rallied a little bit. Yeah, some of our chairs and tables, yeah, poplins, Yeah, nothing was where we left it.
Speaker 2: And so Anthony, was it sort of waves crashing in towards your business yesterday?
Speaker 11: Or what's done about three o'clock? Sort of strong winds ways or lapping sort of coming over the rocks?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 11: When I left, there's people are standing around watching. Yeah, a lot of activity, but obviously go off worse over th I and Anthony.
Speaker 2: I know it's early days, but how much damage do you think has been done? Had the se has given you an estimate?
Speaker 11: Not a nessar. But we do have some doors that are sort of semi permanent. They're all blown away, but they're missing, so they're going to be something we're going to have to replace. Yeah, breaking proplem just a lot of cleaning. So we're going to have to spend a lot of money cleaning up.
Speaker 1: So what's the plan this morning? What time are guys going to open up? And can we can we push people to the chaosk Is that going to help?
Speaker 11: Well, we've got our diehard regulars. They're here currently, we're making coffee for them. They're here every morning, bright and we are open, so we've got to cook here. We're doing some takeaway back in an egg. We have got a section of the cafe people can sit in.
Speaker 3: All right, that's the bonus, Anthony.
Speaker 2: You have got some of the most as you say, die hard regulars in the business, don't you. They're just always there, Rain Haler.
Speaker 11: Shine can always count them.
Speaker 1: So hate mate before I let you go. This is like the sweet spot for Graham Corns, no doubt. He walks around and probably roll the blades sometimes as well past your little joint there. So you should get Grahame in there to give you a hand cane.
Speaker 11: Cons's good.
Speaker 1: We love the corn.
Speaker 3: We love came Anthony. Thank you so much for your time this morning.
Speaker 2: All the best with the cleanup, and I guess we can just only encourage everyone to get around you and rally around you and support the business.
Speaker 11: I appreciate that, thanks car.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 8: I need to know that.
Speaker 9: I need to know. I need to know.
Speaker 1: I need to know what to news today to know this is just what you need to know. What you need to know with Jody and has couse, housing prizes are off their face at the minute of.
Speaker 3: Their stupid little faces.
Speaker 2: So Adelaide has smashed Sydney and Melbourne to record the greatest median price increase of any alien city over the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: Do I do this like we always want to beat Sydney and Melbourne? But sometimes it's there's some areas where it's fun to lose.
Speaker 2: Not if you're in your twenties or your thirties and you're trying to get into the housing market.
Speaker 1: It sucks.
Speaker 2: So Adelaide house prizes rose by what about this one hundred and seventy five percent between two thousand and five and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: According to the Property Institute.
Speaker 2: So that the bad news here is that a median priced home is seven point three times.
Speaker 3: The average essay wage. So what do you reckon? What do you reckon the average house is projected to be.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take a bit of a guess and say eight hundred and twenty three thousand, six hundred and eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on just reading his shit. Oh yes, mate, eight.
Speaker 1: Hundred and twenty three thousand is just ridiculous. Yeah, So we're starting to sound like boom is here. But when I first got here in two thousand and six and I moved from Sydney, I feel like you could get it about four or five hours for eight hundred and twenty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, isn't it when you compare it to the Sydney market or the Melbourne market. But now it just feels like we're creeping up there, aren't we. And maybe people are realizing what an incredible state this is.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing. So when I first moved here in two thousand and six, so I feel like Adelaide was so far behind everybody else. Yeah, and now everyone has realized this state is so unbelievably progressive. It's like a cool version of Melbourne. And what comes with that is popularity, and what comes with that is increased demand for houses and prices.
Speaker 2: Yes, and producing moll he's trying to get into the market at the moment. It's a bit of a mayor, isn't it.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, we just missed one yesterday, which was so sad. You know when you imagine your life somewhere and you just think this is going to be perfect.
Speaker 1: That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Not meant to be though, not meant to be? The stars didn't the line it wasn't meant to be your house very true. So there's something better around the corner.
Speaker 12: Every inspection we go to though, there's like fifty plus people and it's all different age ranges, and it's so hard to get into the market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stressful first time. We all trying as well. We miss so many, did you? And there was a couple where you're like we're here, We're like the last bit is and then someone just swoops into the last second.
Speaker 3: Isn't it all about timing?
Speaker 1: Though, if you want to go punch them in the face, you don't. Don't you don't act on those thoughts, but that's what you want to do.
Speaker 3: We not encourage violence at auctions.
Speaker 1: I'm actually speaking on behalf of my wife.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so I mean the good news is if you own a home, it's going to be worth a hell of a lot more.
Speaker 3: But if you are trying to get into the market, good luck, schmuck.