Speaker 1: Apoday production.
Speaker 2: We begin today by acknowledging the traditional custodians of the land on which we gather today and pay our respects to their elders past and present. We extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's here today.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Grow and Glow Podcast. I'm Ashy, I'm Kiara. This is a podcast where we learn, laugh, and level up together. Let's go deep, let.
Speaker 1: The emotions flow, and find the lessons to grow and glow. Nothing is off the table with Grow and Glow, and we're here to be your expander. Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: Guys, Welcome back to Grill and Hello.
Speaker 1: If you have not yet subscribed or click follow, please do. It really supports our podcast and it means you don't miss any of our future episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah we don't want that, no way.
Speaker 1: Let's get straight into our share of the week.
Speaker 3: What did you?
Speaker 1: I know you've got quite a few up.
Speaker 3: I don't know where to start today.
Speaker 1: She's like this and this and this.
Speaker 3: I know, bloody TikTok.
Speaker 1: It gets me all the time.
Speaker 3: I think you're going to share my favorite one first, the false Scara, because I've had a few people messaging me asking what have you done with your lashes? What mascara are you wearing? And the reason I really like it is because it looks so natural that you do.
Speaker 1: Have really good lashes, but these look just even better.
Speaker 3: And you just don't have to do them, and because mine is so light and I can't have die on my eyelashes. It's just so easy, guys. So they're called false scara. The brand that I use is kiss and you can get it at Priceline. They're basically like little false slashes that you put underneath your eyelash instead of on top. And I was a little bit like, oh, how am I going to go doing this because I'm like ashy were chatting about it, and I was like, I don't wear fake lashes.
Speaker 1: Can't put them on myself either, No.
Speaker 3: But it was really nice and easy. It almost magnetized it. So you put the bond down and it just like goes. You look like straight in on it.
Speaker 1: What if you put it on the wrong spot, you just peel.
Speaker 3: It off and you gotta seal that you put on afterwards so you can get them in the right place first.
Speaker 1: Genius.
Speaker 3: But it's so good. It lasts like seven to ten.
Speaker 1: Days, and then what happens. They just fall off with you.
Speaker 3: You've got a remover, so you put the remover stuff on and just peel them off and then you put a new set on. So yeah, you've got to be a little bit careful. Like when I'm in the shower, I'll just kind of wash my face like around them all like rub my hands over it. But just so nice and convenient, so easy, and I feel like they look really nice and effective.
Speaker 1: So natural. Love, Yeah, we love.
Speaker 3: What's your Share of the Week?
Speaker 1: Mine is a TV show or Cold Presumed Innocence. The episodes are coming out weekly, which is really annoying because you just want to, like binge watch a ton of them. It's on Apple TV. But it's such a good series. It's a crime one where a lawyer is having an affair and then he gets accused of the woman's murder. Oh okay, and just the twists and turns, relationship dynamics. It's really like edge of your seat. Every single epis you see. I really really enjoy it. So I'm still like going through it because it comes out each week, but highly recommend it. Oh that's good. It's on Apple on Apple Okay, alrighty, well, let's get into the episode today. We just thought we'd do a massive catch up. There's so many like little bits and pieces that we speak about in other episodes, but we thought we'd do one big catch up of everything that's been going on. Everything we're feeling, the big changes that's been happening. You're feeling like you've had some massive shifts in your internal world. Do you want to start?
Speaker 3: Really, I'm feeling really good. Yeah, really high vibe, I said to Ashley on the way up here. I just feel like I'm really in this transitional stage right now where I feel like when I first had Miller, I've was kind of like almost huddled away. I was in my real mum zone. And lately, you know, I guess it's tapping into that feminine energy and doing that work as well. But I'm really just like wanting to find my sisterhood more and like surround myself with more like minded women. I literally jumped on my stories this morning and I was like, anyone who's local and around my area wants to catch up and go for like a big walk or you know, come to a dance class, just all be able to jump in there and say like what we're up to, what we doing and if we can make it, we can make it, we can't, we can't. There's no stress, nice and easy, but you know, I'm feeling like I'm really just in like just vibing being around amazing women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel like, yeah, this whole year, you've really stepped outside your comfort zone and stretch your capacity to be able to do more and be away from your bubble, which is really nice. I have.
Speaker 3: I definitely feel like I have. Yeah, definitely like traveled a little bit more. Even if it's just like you know, night Stacey and night stays there. I feel like I never ever really did that, and even just like doing that this morning, like that's outside of my comfort zone. Like it is putting yourself out.
Speaker 1: That's what I've got.
Speaker 3: And I were talking about friendships on the way up here, and you know how she met her friend at the gym and she like kept walking past her and like, oh, like do I say hello? Do I not? Like, you know, do I tell her like let's hang out? But it's that first step, it is it's nerve wracking.
Speaker 1: And I remember walking past my Girlfriendsian, and I was like, oh, just go say hello, Like what have you got to lose? Like, we obviously feel pulled towards each other because we keep bumping into each other, and now we're so close. It's like we've known each other for years. We feel so safe with each other. Our conversations are just we can go really deep, but we're also very playful with each other. It's just so nice, such a nice relationshipful. Yeah, I can't wait to like you or meet her, but you do. You have to put yourself out there. I could have walked straight past her. Again, I was like, no, be brave, just go and say hi.
Speaker 3: And that's the easy, comfortable thing to do, is to just like keep walking past.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, you did a whole episode ages ago on making like female friendships, and you really do have to put yourself out there. They're not just going to fall in your lap or rock up to your house. I mean I did to you. But you have to be opened both ways.
Speaker 3: You have to be open to like put it out there and then open to be like, yeah, come on over, what do you want to do. Let's catch up, let's set a date.
Speaker 1: And I also be open to like, you might not connect or might not vibe, and that's okay. And I said that to Kiara too. I said, I've got a bit protected when you put that grip. I was like, hope you don't get someone that I don't know, just it's mean to you, or like just the line and you feel bad for them or I don't know. Yeah, but I feel like when you're in a good vibration, you attract.
Speaker 3: Definitely more people too. Yeah, And I said to Ash you too, because you know a lot of it's like, hey, I'm gonna go to Monday dance class. If you want to come, you can come. Just meet up, hold each other accountable.
Speaker 1: You know, it's nice to have company.
Speaker 3: What have you got going on? Back?
Speaker 1: So obviously not obviously might not all catch up with my socials, but my surgery got canceled. So you could have listened to an episode where I was like, I'm going into surgery this week. I went to hospital and really mentally prepared give myself up, like I was counting down the months, the weeks, the days, and then the hours. I had to go into hospital the night, all the afternoon before at one o'clock, I had to fast from six o'clock, had to be loaded up on blood thinners and aspirin, and I was meant to be first in surgery, so I'd get wheeled down around seven o'clock in the morning. So they said, if your family wants to come and say like, why do you before you go in, get them to come at six thirty. So Stephen Taje came, got to eight o'clock, got to nine o'clock and I'm like, oh, there must have just been a delay or an emergency come in or whatever. Got to ten o'clock and taj had an even breakfast at this point, so he's like, I'm starving. I feel so sick, and Steve's like, shit, like do I go or what? I was like, yeah, take him to goat Brecky and hopefully I've either gone through or when you know, if you come back. Haven't. Got to two o'clock in the afternoon and a doctor comes through and he's like, I'm so sorry, like there's no ICU beds and because after brain surgery you have to be an ic you for twenty four hours. And at first I was kind of crazy. I was like, oh, no worries do I just like stay another night and go in tomorrow. He's like, no, your surgery is canceled, which means we don't have a further date. I'm like, oh, so I've just fasted for over twenty four hours now and had this needle in my arm all night, slept terribly. And then the poor lady next to me, we were sharing a room. She was from northern New South Wales, so she had like driven all the way up here. Family booked accommodation so they'd come like visit her, taking time off work. She'd pay someone to look after her dog, and like, we had no answers to when our surgery will be. So she was so mad and so frustrated. I was too, But I like, obviously the doctors they're just some messengers. They can't control it. And this is the thing. It's ic you Like, there's car accidents, they were stabbing, drug overdoses. Like people need the beds, they need the beds. There just isn't enough beds in public hospitals. I had quite a few people actually swipe up to being like, oh my god, I'm so shocked you're going through the public system. I think people think like if you have money that you would never use a public system. And I do have private health insurance and I will be covered to a certain degree if I decided to go private. But when I first went to the doctor, he sent me to golcros Union Hospital because it has the best neurology team and the surgeon that I've got. She's the head of the neurology team. Like, she's the best of the best. So I don't want to go private. I don't want to have to go find a new surgeon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this lady, I feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: I feel comfortable. I've sat down with her, Steve's met her. She answered a million questions, she wrote out all these like drew all these diagrams for me, she showed me pictures on the internet, and like really explained everything really thoroughly. I just feel so safe with her. Yeah, but the issue is with private, I would go in and it wouldn't be canceled, yes, whereas public it's very highly likely it'll be canceled.
Speaker 3: Again, did you know that before going in? I was gonna say, I feel like it was just so unexpected, Like when you spoke to me about it, I didn't know if you knew that there was a chance of that even happening.
Speaker 1: Someone had told me, but I honestly thought, in my guy it would be delayed. So I was prepping myself not to eat all day or not to go in surgery that day, but be the next day all the day after. Yeah, So I think I mentally prepared for that. But when he said you're canceled and we don't have a further date, I was like, what do I do? And to be honest, it was a bit of a mission to get in contact with someone after that, Like, no one calls you. I called five times that got hung up on. They put me through to different departments, no one could give me answers. I was really frustrated. And then they send you a text message with the date and then I called and just wanted to chat about it more. I could go in again, and this could happen again if a massive car accident happens and six people need to ICU bed and then there's three drug overdoses that come in, like you just don't know. I honestly felt like I was very mentally prepared for surgery. I was not mentally prepared to have to go through the mental preparation again. Yeah, so after that, I kind of went in a downward spiral. I was not good for a good couple of days. I felt really angry, really frustrated. I was just like antsy, like I just felt like in limbo.
Speaker 3: Because you didn't have any data anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I got a date. A switch flicked and I was like, Okay, I've got my date, which is great, but I also have a choice whether I keep being in this funk and like feeling angry and annoyed, and also anyone listening to you feel it's always a negative nancy that comes at me. I know this is no one's fault. Whoever needs the beds needs the bed. This isn't to do with anyone else. Like I get the hospital was doing the absolute best that they can. But I'm still a human. I'm not a robot that doesn't feel anything. And I had to have that conversation with a couple of women that were like, oh, you're so ungrateful, like obviously someone else needs the bed more than you. I'm like, yeah, for sure, but I'm still allowed to be frustrated.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: So then I got my date and I was like, Okay, had a little internal conversation with myself. It was like, you've got two choices. You can go back to being a victim and like feeling angry and annoyed and like frustrated, or live your life, deal with surgery when it comes. Just keep on living, make every day amazing, find joining the moments, and just live your life as is. Because imagic he's got canceled five times and I stayed in that funk the whole time. That'd be six months of my life just feeling shit. I was like, I refuse to do that again. My pity party, had a couple of days of feling shit, and once I decided that, I felt so good ever since, Oh that's so good. I definitely didn't realize how much it affects my sleep though. I was talking to Levi about it, and he was like, if you've got something that's going on in your world that's quite big. When you try to go to sleep a night, it's like your nervous system's like, ha ha, how do I'm here? Like, don't relax because you've got this to worry about, Like this is a threat, this is scary, this is not safe. So it's in the back of my mind all the time, and my sleep's been broken for months, so I'm consistently exhausted yesterday. I do this often now. I pull over my car after eat and retreat and I transition from work or just my day before I go into mum life. So I want to go on with a beautiful calm energy, tap into my femine energy, and I put a meditation. I pulled over to this spot. I actually found this gorgeous little nature patch that I go and sit up, But there was a creepy old man there, so I just stayed in my car put on a twelve minute meditation. I couldn't tell you what the meditation's about. I fell asleep in my car. I don't remember what they said at the start. I don't remember it finishing, and I slept, like how long do you sleep for?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Probably about half an hour.
Speaker 3: This is so hectic. Yeah, you need to do it more. Oh, because obviously your body's needing it. I know, And I was not convenient.
Speaker 1: Not convenient. And also this is this whole transition of working so hard for so long. This is where I'm like feeling the resistance of resting. And I don't know if I feel guilty. I'm just so used to always doing something and being productive that it feels really uncomfortable to actually stop and do nothing to the point that I fall asleep.
Speaker 3: You know what, You're probably running off adrenaline a lot of the time, babe, and now that you've actually stopped, your body's like catching up as well. So now that's why you're needing those rests in the middle of the day, and that because your body is like I need this.
Speaker 1: I find it frustrating. I've never been like this in my life. I've always been the energized bunny, like ready for anything, can handle a million things. And now honestly gets to like twelve one o'clock and I am fading cooked, Like I'm absolutely cooked. It's every day, and I'm sick of complaining about it. Like Steve be like, how is your day? I'm like, good, but I'm fucking tired again.
Speaker 3: Give in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been having I should have bought something. You've been having ci moss in the afternoon. Approbably, it's amazing for energy. So I've been having that. I feel like that kind of ties me over a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I suppose when you're home with the kids, like they're so full on. They kind of wake you up. But I'm also setting a new boundary. I was going to a bed at nine thirty. I'm going to be at eight thirty hour yep.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I find even if I don't nap in the day, but if I go for half an hour and close all the blinds and put meditation music on and just lay down, you're still having a depp rest exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So nice, it's so neat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, just I wanted to share that because if there's any other women out there, you just feel constantly exhausted. I just don't think we're going to bring this up in another podcast episode, but I just don't think this modern day society is supporting women enough. Like back in the day, if you got your period, like back in the caveman days, you're hidden in a dark cave for three days, like bleeding, laying down, resting. The village's taking care of you. The men are outrod like you actually get to fully rest. We're so busy all the time being parents.
Speaker 3: Like switch off and go. I'm just going to take three days in this modern day.
Speaker 1: Worldway and it's the top of that, Like not only we fought for all these women's rights and equal rights whatever, but to the detriment of like we're doing all those roles plus all the things that we used to do as well, there's actually no break for anyone.
Speaker 3: Plus being wide in and attached to our kids. Speak about that you've got all those elements that you've.
Speaker 1: Got, Yeah, plugged kids, plugged into social media, plugged into work, plugged into your husband, plugged into all the tasks.
Speaker 3: And to do list is and then want us to be soft and calm and flowing, and we wonder why we so hard.
Speaker 1: So I've hired and you coach. Her name's Connie. She's beautiful, Connie Chapman. Yeah. So my first session is on Friday with her. But I've had like a discovery call with her and I've had to fill out like a little workbook as to what I want to get out of the three months with her. And it was just to be able to be softer and slower without any resistance because I don't know if guilt's the word. I feel.
Speaker 3: It's just, yeah, there's resist It's uncomfortable, maybe.
Speaker 1: A little bit uncomfortable, Like I enjoy it when I'm doing it, but I feel like there's so many other things that I could be doing or should be doing. Yeah, but they can wait. Like I logically understand that, but my physical body wants to do what it's always done because that's comfortable to me. It's comfortably busy. It's creating any normal yeah, even Like I know it sounds silly, but I was sitting with Taala and playing with her or whatever, and she's pranced around doing a thing. I enjoy having the washing there to fold, but I'm like, I'm still doing something. So I'm like aware of like, oh, you can't actually just like just chill like when she's playing.
Speaker 3: Such good self awareness though too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, might I add like when she's playing and she's good at playing by herself, like I don't always have to like occupy her, but I could just sit and watch hers. I'm like, oh, washing needs doing, I'll do that while I do that multitask. Yeah. So I'm trying to like rewire and do things differently. But it's tricky.
Speaker 3: It is tricky. Yeah, you're gonna have to keep catching yourself out.
Speaker 1: It's going to argon. It's going to take me a good six months.
Speaker 3: Maybe how many years have you been.
Speaker 1: That's the thing I've worked since I was thirteen. I was out of home since I was sixteen. I have never stopped. Yeah, like even when I go on holidays, I don't have holidays where I'm not working. I love my work. It's not like it's hard labor and it's like it's plugged in. Yeah, it's the mental load. It's being on all the time. So yeah, I'm just really exhausted. But my surgeries booked for August thirteenth, So go to Barley next week and then come back. I've got the Ultimate Girl's day out on the Sunday. Yeah, I go into hospital on the Monday and surgeries on the Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Oh shivers. Yeah that's all close together.
Speaker 1: I know. Wow, a bit of time away from the kids.
Speaker 3: You're probably nice though in a way. Yeah, time away from the kids at me, you'll feel that. But to come back from the Ultimate girls Out and then be able to just like relax that next day in the hospital probably be you know.
Speaker 1: So fingers crossed, it goes ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fingers and toes and everything crossed.
Speaker 1: For your bab. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can you believe that Lincoln is six?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. I literally remember coming around like giving them a bottle like crazy.
Speaker 3: No. I have had a full moment yesterday like four times where I just cried because I just feel so grateful. I love being a mom. It's the best thing in the whole entire world. But I was watching like old videos and we all were together and looking back at old photos, and I just looked col and I was like, where does the time go? Like, I'm so grateful that I've had this amazing time. But it's just like the memory.
Speaker 1: Photos him. I remember Chobby little face. He really was a full blown little boy.
Speaker 3: Now I know it's absolutely wild, but he had the funnest day. I think you do the same ashually. I let my kids decide if they want to go to school and school, but then like, we're so lucky that we are in the vision where they don't need to. And I wouldn't want to go to school on my birth if I didn't have to. I honestly can't believe that I've got another kid that is over six. We've got another year and a half, babe, and all three of our kids will be in school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy, And I just like this just it's honestly mind boggling. Oh, I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: No, it goes really really fast. It does.
Speaker 1: Speaking of school, we have been really thinking about homeschooling Taj. Yeah, and also I'll talk about the day care situation with Taler, but yeah, we've just been having way bigger conversations around what it could look like. And I've got another girlfriend who's done it only for the last couple of months, and she said it's just been incredible, like the connection between her and her kids the time, just the values, the thing that they value as a family and as parents, and what they want their kids to learn, Like they have full control over. It's not you go to school and you have to learn about this. It's like what do we value and what do we think is going to serve you as an adult and as a kid. It just sounds so beautiful. Steve and I were just talking about like just different things that we wish was taught in school. We have this conversation all the time, like why is communication not a subject? Why is gut health not a subject? I don't know, There's just so many different topics and I'm like, I wish that was done at school. But if you homeschool them, you could literally structure your day still give them the foundational things of mass neglish or whatever, but the things that you really value and you think is going to benefit them, you can implement and get the right teachers in place. So we're really looking into it. And there's a couple of kids and the mums that Tarj's were the clothes with that they will open to it as well. So we thought, if we can get three or four of us and we all get the same teacher, take turns at each of our houses, and like, even Tarj is loving tennis at the moment, you can get a tennis liston each day and like, yeah, oh, and I would obviously get a lot more time with him and take Tile along to the different events. And there's a massive homeschool and community and they all get together and go to the beach and it just seems so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Really does.
Speaker 1: Now I've got more time and space and capacity, I'm like, this is something that I definitely could do. But I see how if I was still running a business and Steve was working, or if you are listening and you both were full time, it just it wouldn't work. Now school is there. It's a great system that helps working parents, like it's amazing. I'm not dissing school at all. I just think every family, every kid, every situation and dynamic is so different. So why not explore those we hate it and go no, you go back to school. He might hate it. We asked him at first, he was like, oh, it's my friends. I said what would you rather do? And he's like, oh, I don't mind. Like both sound fun, but I'd like to try her home schooling and see if I like it, and if not, can I go back to my school. I was like, yeah, so I were just looking into that, but yeah, so I was from a previous episode totally against daycare for Tala once again, not against daycare. Your kid's gone to daycare Tarjment's daycare, but just for her and for me, I was just like, it just doesn't feel right. We've had our nanny for or should be five years this year. Beautiful Tash, She's a walking angel. Absolutely love her. She's in one of the best things for our families. She takes such good care of our children. We're so close with her. We even look.
Speaker 3: Alike like she's talking, really do you really do?
Speaker 1: We joke? We're like sisters from another mister very similar upbringings. Like it's just she's been so beautiful, but she's trying to feel pregnant the moment, and now she's actually gonna move away. Yeah, so she's moving way up north, so she's kind of given us plenty of notice, but she'll be going around February, which I bought my eyes out when she told me. She cried, oh but yeah. Obviously with Steve and I were like, Okay, what's our plan. What do we want for Tala? How's it gonna work. At first, I was like, I'll definitely get another nanny, just like not as often because I'm not working as much now. And then he went to take targ for a playdate at his friend's house and the mum text me and said, I'll just go around the corner. You'll see beside the kindy. That's where we'll be. I was like, you have a kindy. She's like, yeah, like I run a daycare. I was like, oh my gosh. And it's just so holistic and natural and beautiful and wholesome, and the whole backyard is just like filled with trees that all the kids play on, this big wooden playground, a big pile of mold. It's just like very nature based, which is just very mean what I think our kids need more of. And there's just a small group of kids there and she has a big fan and takes them out like little nature adventures. And Tyler did not want to leave. Like I was dropping Taj off for the day for a play date, she did not want to leave. She lost her marbles and I messaged Steve Aart was like, I actually think this is like a beautiful place I would like Tyler to go to.
Speaker 3: That's so exciting.
Speaker 1: So yeah and quiet, and she sent me brochures and everything. She's not open five days a week and it's more limited hours, but that also suits me. Yeah, I can be more flexible now.
Speaker 3: So how many days a week does she do?
Speaker 1: She doesn't do Mondays, just Tuesday to Friday. Yeah, no public holidays and it's like drop off at nine, pick up at four. Yeah, so it's just more limited, but that so works for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Something about her that I'm like, I would feel so safe handing my child to you, But with a normal daycat, it's like you don't know them from a bar of soap. Yeah. I remember handing Taj over and I remember just sitting in the car balling my eyes being like I didn't actually know how do they suit them? Like no, yes, of course they're hagging them when you're there, but like what if he sits in a corner crying and like they're too busy with other I don't know. My head just like, oh I just found that really harboutage and I just couldn't put myself through it again. Yeah, some kids are fine, Like you know, I've got friends that drop the kids off and like, Siema, I.
Speaker 3: Know my kids weren't like that.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I'm saying. It's not the daycare. It's the child and it's the mum, And like my emotional capacity, I can't. Yeah, I just can't.
Speaker 3: So with homeschooling, end daycare? Do you know what you're going to start?
Speaker 1: He's staying in school for this year. If we decided to homeschool, it'd be from the start of next year.
Speaker 3: Cool. And it's the same with Tyler as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Tash were leaving in feb So yeah, it'll be a whole new thing next year.
Speaker 3: Wow, I've got some big change.
Speaker 1: I'm still it's not certain. I'm still like just investigating it, and I hope the two friends that is close with their parents are the same as me. I hope like they want to as well. I think together they'd be really cool if it was just us. I think it really struggling away from his friends and the school it goes to is fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he likes school.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it. There's just some things in there. I'm like, Oh, I wish they would teach them more about this. I wish they would do more of this. Like even the other day, one of the mums came in into sound healing for them and I was like, that would be like ful meditations. Down healing is something I would incorporate weekly. If I was to homeschool him cooking classes, I would incorporate weekly. Yeah, it's just from the air at the moment. To find out more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, I mean we did that as well, looked into it for quite a while. Just the biggest thing is, like you said before, when both parents are kind of working and trying to juggle, like how you'd make it happen. I think we definitely need some more help. So I think it'd be quite an expensive task. And then yeah, just getting like, you know, if we wanted to get a teacher to help, but if you could do in a community like that and get other moms and kids together, that's such a.
Speaker 1: Clever way of doing it. Yeah, because I've got a girlfriend that does it, and that's what I said to about Pass and she goes, nah, Babe, it's not expensive when you've got a community, like you're all helping, you're contributing, like you're all in there teaching them, and yeah, they're definitely not well off financially, so it doesn't have to be expensive. But if you were to get a teacher in and it's just for your kids, it probably would be more. Yeah, But I think when you really get amongst the community, there's so much there. Yeah, like sol.
Speaker 3: Exciteyyeah, good as well just being open and you know, yeah learning new things about that and wonderful.
Speaker 1: I'll be a mess to day I dropped Taylor off though, honestly, I'd be like freedom.
Speaker 3: I think the first day she's upset, you might be. I think if she's like stoked the first week, you'll probably find it quite easy. But maybe the first day when she's like mom, that's when you're like, I remember sitting in my car crying after dropping them off.
Speaker 1: It can trume my whole day, just to try the whole day, and then you.
Speaker 3: Checking your phone all the times if there's like pictures that have come through.
Speaker 1: So hard, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So something really exciting is I might be doing a bit of traveling in September. I feel so privileged to be able to go and do this and just work alongside Operation Smile. If you don't know about Operation Smile, they basically an organization that repairs cleft lips. They also do craniofacial surgeries, so you know, if people have got certain growths and stuff on their face, they can help get rid of them. And a lot of these kids in other countries are struggling a lot with eating and just doing day to day tasks, like you know, they're struggling so much, and they do it all in third world countries because here in Australia it is all through the government, which is amazing. How lucky we live in a country lucky where you know you've got that support. So they have actually invited Kurt and I to go on a mission and I just like don't even have words for it to be able to be there and see in real time what they are actually do and how they help these families.
Speaker 1: So what is a mission?
Speaker 3: What they do is they go over and they meet all of the little kids, and there's even some adults that still haven't had that need surgery. They educate them, let them know what they're going to do. Then they do the surgery for about three or four days on all the different as many as they can in that time, and they do postop on the last day and then leave. But basically, yeah, we've been invited to go and document it all. So I'm so because it's something that you know, has been so close to curtain my heart, having Miller born with a cleft, and we've donated to repair a lot of clefts with them without business, which has been amazing. And yes, so we're either going to go the end of this year, so thirtieth of September to Manila, or they've got one in May in India, or they've got one next September in Manila as well. But obviously just trying to align everything with the kids being looked after and you know, getting over there. But I am just so yeah, I'm so palm it's incredible life changing. I said to actually like Colonel come home and just things that feel so big and significant will just feel so small and insignificant.
Speaker 1: And just how cool that you can contribute in that way. And even you're like editing and filming skills to be able to really document in a way that can be so captivating, to spread the awareness, to make people watch what actually you know they do the work that they do, and for you to go meet the kids and like see them before surgery, like you know, hold their hand going in or I don't know if you get to do that, and then afterwards watch them coming out like that whole.
Speaker 3: And just the excitement of them coming out, and like because so many of these kids as well, they completely shunned by their community, so like kids throw rocks at them, they won't play with them. They think that they're witches in certain countries as well. So when you repair it, it actually completely changes their life, like they're socially accepted by their tribe and everything. Again, so I'm pumped for that. And then they're also doing a fun run. So it's on the eighth of September. It's ten kilometers.
Speaker 1: So cool up here at brisy.
Speaker 3: So if anyone wants to come, message me and I can give you the details. But that's just to raise some awareness as well. So it's gonna be yeah, fun day. I just love just being aligned with things that just like fill you up, like all the things I do and everyone that works there, like this organization. They're just all so beautiful, Like every single person you come in contact with every event we go to, they're all so loving, they're so caring, they're so genuine, down to earth, Like we sitn't have coffee dates with them, Kurt and I and catch ups and yeah, it's just such a beautiful organization. But I'm so excited. And I said at the start of this year, like I manifested this hugely. I kept talking saying I wanted more travel. I think we had it on the podcast either, Yeah, and I was talking about a lot. And there's just been so many random trips that have popped up this year and this is just another one.
Speaker 1: So cool.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to have the experience and be able to share it too.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to seal the content.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I'm plump.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be amazing. Yeah, So we had our first tar has ever had this, but hand foot in mouth with Tala. Oh my goodness, poor little thing. It was so rough for her. So she had none on her feet. She had one little blister on her finger that never actually popped or anything. It literally just like went away. But underneath her tongue or it was like one massive ulcer. So for a cup, she was just absolutely miserable. I've never seen her like that. She really showed me what a happy kid she is. But she couldn't drink her bottle. She barely ate. It was also super painful, so painful, like I almost wish they were on her hands or feet. I feel like that may have been easier, but oh it was so sad. So that was really hard. And that finished, and then she got an eye infection. I was like, oh my goodness, what the hell. And it wasn't conjunctivitis and it wasn't a sty. The doctor took a swab to find out what it is, but I didn't hear back from him. I need to actually call. But she went on her first antibotics, which I just hate giving. I know they're necessary and hence why I gave them to her, But just like rebuilding her gut health back up now. But yeah, that was rough, like a handfut in Mauth.
Speaker 3: We haven't had that in her house yet. Touch Actually really lucky because a lot of our friends have had that, like daycare and stuff. Yeah don't they picked up from So just said had it first?
Speaker 1: No, he hasn't had it. So apparently it could be shopping trolley's, it could be a park there you go, swimming, It could be anywhere. Wow, anyone has an open blister. Yeah, or like if I kissed her, I could get it there you go. So we were just and like she loves going outside, so we were home bound and I get such cabin fever, Like it was really really hard to be a home for that whole time. We've got a little area down near our house. It's like just kind of goes onto a creek. So I take her down there to like throw sticks in the water, and that was like her little outing. But otherwise it was just in the backyard and like playing with the toys again.
Speaker 3: Did she get stir crazy too, Yeah, my kids do as well.
Speaker 1: And a lot of screen time, which I don't really give her any screen time, but when she was in so much pain, it was the only thing that was Yeah, I tried going outside, I tried like playing games with her, and she was just like are we are? We are? We gotta do what you gotta do. So we had to like wean her off the TV, which we've done. It only took a couple of days, but that was like saved us.
Speaker 3: They get so addicted, don't they so addicted so quickly, so quick.
Speaker 1: It also allowed me to still be able to do a bit of work on my phone while she was watching TV. Like still she still wanted to be cuddled. But yeah, there were some long days. It was a long week.
Speaker 3: Speaking of saws and mouth. Yeah, remember how Curdie got the side of his lip burned. I haven't actually spoke about this on the podcast, but Kurt went to get a skin check and he had a severe sun spot on his lip so straight away the doctor wouldn't even let him leave without burning it right then and there, Kurt, So it was one of the most painful things on your lip. He's ever experienced, so much nerve ending. So he had like a massive big burn on the side of his lip. It was all bleeding like it took ages to heal as well. You're thinking in your mouth it would heal quick, but.
Speaker 1: It's outside the mouth.
Speaker 3: It's not a true true. But anyways, he's got to go back because they said he's actually got a laser his entire bottom lip. He's not looking forward to a bay. They wanted that once box was really bad, but they said, then he takes three layers off his whole bottom lip and just the healing and that kissing for you guys, no kissing and even like just trying to have like a warm drink or something like, you can't do any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: For god, I know.
Speaker 3: The poor thing means so lucky that they've picked up on it. Yeah, it's not cancerous yet, but if he left it so they said, the severe sun spot another couple of years, who knows, so it could have yeah, definitely gone that way. So Little reminded to get the sun check as well. But he's got a book in to get that done. He keeps putting it off, and he keeps going, oh, just weight, i'ld just wait, and I'm like, now I know, and also just really painful. It takes ages to heal. So he's just like and last time, I feel like everyone's just looking out of me a bit funny, like has he been punched in their face? Or like what's happened because a big bump on his lip? But yeah, I know the whole bottom lip.
Speaker 1: Oh, it would make yourself conscious. I remember my mum had skin cancer and she had to do chemo treatment, which they put this cream on her face and it basically like burns the cancer away, but your whole face is like it looks like scabbed and bleeding and raw, like it's literally taking layers of your skin off. And I remember the first time I saw her, I just like, I'm pretty good with most medical things, Like it takes a lot to like not gross me out, but gross me out. Yeah, And I just was like, oh my gosh, your face looks so sore. But she just went out. She she was was really surprised. Actually she didn't really care. She's like, yeah, look at me, but whatever, whatever to do. And it's twelve week treatment. Yeah, so what can you do? You can't hire for twelve weeks, definitely, But yeah that's just when it's on your face. I get a big pimpo and I find that hard lot.
Speaker 3: And even painful. Like in how we find like We're just saying how painful pimples can be. Like getting things like that done is so like so sensitive.
Speaker 1: I feel like the injected just that it's always more painful than like normal botox because there's so many nerve endings around your lips here you go so much more sensitive. Yeah, speaking of health, I feel like I'm finally like falling back in love with the gym. Yeah, and I've realized it's taken me such a long time. Like obviously I was pregnant with Tiler and I still move my body. I honestly think I haven't loved the gym like Waits Gym since I had my own gym. Because having my own gym, it was just the whole environment. The culture of the community is all females. I just like it so much, so I had that to compare to. So every gym I went to, I was just like, oh, there's just no five the music shit, and like no one's friendly and it just the classes didn't love so kind of just like mainly trained from home and gone to the gym like once maybe twice a week, just because I do like weights, but I wasn't loving it. And since I've met my girlfriend Tiana. We go four times a week now, and it's just so nice to one have accountability, Like I would not get up at quarter past four to go to the gym if I wasn't meeting her. Absolutely en two the endorphins I get. It overflows to my whole day because we're not only active and moving our bodies and it feels healthy, like we're giggling, we're laughing, we're having deep conversations. We're getting to hang out. Yeah, like four times a week now, which is so cool, and she pushes me. Yes.
Speaker 3: So honestly, having a gym buddies game changer. There's no slacking off, same as dance. That's so I said to you, like, as soon as my friends drop off and I'm on my own, I don't go. I do it for like a few weeks, and then I'm like, it's not as fun.
Speaker 1: It is not as fun. You can go, you can get it done, and You're like, yeah, you can put music on me to go to the gym, but it's just not the same as having so much training. So I'm loving it. And I thought the gym actually was kind of like a past version, like oh, that was just when you were younger, You've had kids now like making up with these stories. But I'm like, no, I actually fucking love the gym, and I get up super early so that I can be back before my kids wake up, Yeah, to get my me time, and then I'm fully present with them, and I just feel like I've got more capacity for them as well. That's so good.
Speaker 3: I play the craze changed that for me hugely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As soon as the kids started being okay and liking the crage, I was like, sweet, now I can go way more. But until that point, I feel like I was the saying I was like once a week, twice a week, you know the box, Yeah, ticking the box. Whereas now can I go together a lot of the time? Yeah, And we just bring them, put them in the grace and they love it.
Speaker 1: They look forward to it. I love how good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We were so nervous to try as well. So anyone who's been like hesitating, going, oh, I don't know how they're going to go, give it a try.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wish we did it earlier.
Speaker 1: Epic. Isn't it so good? And I feel like when you're moving your body consistently, it's obviously an overflow to you more conscious of what you put in your body. You want to be feeling it Like, it's so true. Realize I was kind of not under eating purposely, but now I'm more conscious of eating enough so that I can train and have the energy to train well.
Speaker 3: And gay muscle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like really conscious how much protin I'm eating and not as much like sugary lily sweets, which I've been pretty good since eten.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I just brought some fundation.
Speaker 1: Good ingredients. Speaking of a hack that I found has worked really well. If you're trying to cut out sugar, brush your teeth. Honestly, friggin treat. I do it. I was going to have it after dinner having something sweet, but even during the day from craving something. Now I brush my teeth.
Speaker 3: That's such a good idea.
Speaker 1: Nothing tastes good when you've got like strong minty taste in your mouth instantly goes away.
Speaker 3: You got me onto the tongue scraper. I love it.
Speaker 1: If you're good your mouth, you got me on to do it the first thing you do before you have water. Otherwise, if you have water, actually swallowing some of the toxins like scrape for a I've been doing before bed and then in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so good, so good. Getting your recommendations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I love it recommend things. I feel like I recommend health stuff to you and you recommend beauty stuff to me. It's so drue. I love it. So I'm going to Europe with just Taj. I know. I spoke about this on a previous episode of Like My Intrusive Thoughts. If you haven't listened to that episode, it's quite a deep one, a very vulnerable one of the intrusive thoughts that go through my mind when it comes to traveling with my kids. And yeah, we just decided to book Taj and Ice. We're going over to Italy. We've got one night in Rome together and then we go out to the wedding destination, which is out in the middle of nowhere. It's literally like a big property, and then we're going to Paris for four nights. So I'm so excited. He's so excited. I think it's going to be a trip that I would just look back on for the rest of my life and like that was such a special Mum and Sun Train incredible. We're really close, but I do feel like since Tyler's come along, he's more closer to Steve because I kind of was breastfeeding and up with her, and like she's very mummy's girl, Like she's so mean to Steve. No daddy, I want mummy like sassy, Like it's so mean. I'm like, oh, you have such a nice dad, like I would have dreamed to have a dad like him. She'll go out of it, I know, but naturally, I just I'm with her more so I can't wait to have this quality time with just Targe. And I also feel like when I'm with her, I can't give my order charge because she interrupts every.
Speaker 3: Five and they need you so much more. I can feel like with Red two, it's hard to have quality time with the others when she is around. Like even if Kur just takes her out for half the day and I got the other two, I'm like, oh I can really, it's not conset mum, mum mum that I want this want that.
Speaker 1: It's just one hundred percent. So I'm excited to just be fully present with him. They're just going for twelve days, which I know sounds like a lot, but for a europe trip, it's actually not no, if you're allowed twenty four hours on one end twenty four hours in the back end to get home, and the time difference is so hard to adjust to and it's going to be pretty go go go.
Speaker 3: So what's the time difference?
Speaker 1: Like it's like complete opposite, pleet opposite. Yeah, around like I think two pm, but it was like three am at home.
Speaker 3: Oh wow. It's like it's like complete opposite, so out of wag wow.
Speaker 1: But I'm so excited. It's going to be so fun.
Speaker 3: So exciting.
Speaker 1: So when you go again September seventh, September seventh, and the wedding is on the twelve. Yeah, so she's gonna look so beautiful. I should be the most stunning bride. Stunning, Yeah, like she really is. There's not one bit of like closet psychoe is there. Someone is so perfect You're like, you've got to be a closet psycho. There's nothing with her. It is so even like when she has a little bit of fire, she's like, oh no, I bought my fire. I'm like, are we talking beath.
Speaker 3: Fire or we're talking like proper fire.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, beasth fire. Oh and then lastly for me, is just we've got our next ultimate girl's day out. We don't have another one booked in, but this is happening August eleventh. So yeah, as I said, the day before I go into hospital, So it's gonna be really nice for me to be in their energy do the ice.
Speaker 3: BA Honestly will be. It's the most incredible day. If you guys haven't listened to my episode speaking about the breathwork session, go listen to it. Yeah, just for that alone, like that experience that I got out of it. The breathwork alone is worth the whole day. Yeah, but everything's amazing, so such good value. I'm really excited for that August eleventh.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, that's a big catch up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, I know, I feel like we haven't done one of these ages. We had so much to talk.
Speaker 1: About so much. We like dabble in it in little episodes. But yeah, hey, you guys know all the lowdown ps.
Speaker 3: Love yourself enough to choose happiness over convenience. Disconnect from social media when it feels toxic, create a life that feels good on the inside, Let go of what weighs you down. Understand when you need time for yourself. End cycles of self neglect, Speak kindly to yourself, be honest with yourself about your feelings, challenge thoughts that don't serve you, and believe in yourself. I love that.
Speaker 1: PS. Gentle reminder, no person is one hundred percent heel because healing isn't linear. We go backwards and forwards and sometimes we're all over the place, but that's the process. Please don't think you must be one hundred percent heel to deserve love and good things in life, because you absolutely do. Always Amen, men, thanks for joining us. Guys, will see you on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: See you then by