Speaker 1: Welcome to the Daily Telegraph and R podcast Origin. Just a few sleeps away, but those that don't sleep David Ricky, friend Reid, welcome boys.
Speaker 2: Hello mate, Hello mate, good to be here.
Speaker 1: When am I looking? What am I man? Or something? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't know where I'm sitting in there, in the in the in the team.
Speaker 2: Line up, the podcast pecking order.
Speaker 3: No not yeah, you could call that, but the one through to seven eight.
Speaker 2: I think you're going to starting line up, isn't he?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're asking the wrong person. I don't know what I thought.
Speaker 2: This is your podcast.
Speaker 1: Where's Buzz? Where's Buzz?
Speaker 2: Buzz has gone?
Speaker 1: Well, where's mobs?
Speaker 2: What's Buzz?
Speaker 1: Mobs will be back at some point. We've had lots of people ask around mobbsy module at some point maybe for Monday show.
Speaker 2: You say, lots of people. We've had a couple of a couple like.
Speaker 1: It doesn't be cold out? What about the jacket you out there?
Speaker 2: I thinks Marry Fonds is he would.
Speaker 1: Anyway? Blokes, let's move on. We've touched on Orange your boy Niko, Yeah you'll play, Yeah, no doubt in the world.
Speaker 3: You've been Look, look what I know is this right and fair enough? Yeah, there's obviously it's origin week, right and anytime anyone some sniffles, they're in doubt. However, my understanding of the Nico Hein situation is that, you know, for probably the past five weeks, four or five weeks down at Cronulla, I'm down there. You could say, you know, we don't use this terminology much.
Speaker 1: Really is the beat reporter?
Speaker 2: Are you the Beat reporter?
Speaker 3: I would argue that I'm the I think, thanks, why don't we use that terminology here and a reporter because you'd be manly not really and it could be the dragons.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'd be the Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Storm from a distance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, Sorry, sorry, it took a left hand turn there watching Nico train the Tiger's now sorry yeah, yeah, sorry, yeah, that's Nico.
Speaker 2: Don't give away sources.
Speaker 1: Lunches start with lunches.
Speaker 2: Let finish made.
Speaker 1: What what about that? They made an allegation against you? Which was where they Let's move on. So last week Nicko's week usually like it's slow, and it's very slow to start the week, and it's a calf problem, right, So there's no point in putting load into a niggle early in the week.
Speaker 3: However, by about Thursday of the Shark's training week, he's full blind training, right, He's doing all the team a posed session stuff. So look if he if he was to miss today being a Thursday session or tomorrow Friday session for.
Speaker 1: The Blues, I'd be a little bit more concerned.
Speaker 3: Let's just I say we assess it on what happens in the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't get Davis. There's all this talk about they need to be training at the start of the week and he's not training. Yeah, so immediately you're going against everything we're being told. We're told that blokes need to be training at the start of the week, blokes need to be with the team the whole time. Yeah, you get to the first training session, Nicko is not training.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's under the terminology training.
Speaker 1: What sounds like, what is what is training?
Speaker 2: This is Blues and crosses.
Speaker 1: Hang on is the fact that New South Wales are down to their third choice half back and they need to roll the doll and then they need Nikoto playing.
Speaker 2: They know, look, here is a good player.
Speaker 1: I'd be intrigued. He's good player. It's a good player.
Speaker 3: Niko Hans has been the four half back for this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's also a big question mark over him at Origin.
Speaker 1: Big question mark because it is but it's yeah, no doubt, but they'd big question marks over Lukerey's played one Origin game. If he played one Origin game, they played the a bit.
Speaker 2: Longer, playing more bigger game.
Speaker 3: All right, So if Luke Kerey is half back, you're not sitting there going oh Jesus, highly concerning given how many concussions Luke kea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: So you would find a crack at every half back that we select.
Speaker 2: Probably, thank you. Well.
Speaker 1: You want to touch on crisis a crisis Harry Grant, the poor guy.
Speaker 2: He had a bad He had a bad oyster. I think back Carryan you were on.
Speaker 1: There last night, Yeah, stayed a bad oyster.
Speaker 2: It'd be fine as good as training. Should we play starting.
Speaker 1: Minutes about playing the field together. Yeah, the twenty minutes that he sits on the bench will give him twenty minutes secure time to recover.
Speaker 2: So he doesn't need to play as long play eighty minutes. There's the difference there is it? Not, Sorry, that's different.
Speaker 1: What Let's let's have a little fun what's next on the Queen's Land and uh training camp? Will someone fall out of bed or what's what's going on there? What do you think? Will we have another one? Will we have another maroon in doubt before?
Speaker 2: Probably? Yeah, yeah, we probably will because that's what we do. We beat the odds, were the underdogs.
Speaker 1: How do you expect Queenstain to play ready?
Speaker 2: I think they'll play expansive because I think that's the way you look at this news the last team. For me, it's built to size power and I think if you take them on in that department, you're not as big or potentially powerful as they are. So I think maybe you've just got to hold the middle of the field. Now. I think they'll be slick and they'll they'll beat them with and the speed and their slickness in the outside backs. That's what I think. I don't know that, I think.
Speaker 1: I think it was Gordy last night that made the point that the teams are like their coaches watched. You know, we know who Madge has picked. You can maginners and Jake Travoy Bridge's captain, and you know the big backs and these guys are just going to roll their sleeves up and get dirty and try and power through Queensland and Queensland like Billy, you've gone for a bit of flare and a bit of a lot of pace and they're really exciting sight. So it's a it is a contrast in battle of tactic.
Speaker 2: Even down on the bench and you look at that bench has gone with four forwards and Queens They've got Harry and on the bench completely The.
Speaker 1: Only one that's probably missing in that would be for Feita, right if we're talking like X factors and the.
Speaker 2: Completely gone, completely different tangent tangents in terms of the bench selections. So I think it's gonna be real contrasting in game plans and game style.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a without doubt attack minded coach versus defense monded coach.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: And that's talking to everyone inside both camps.
Speaker 1: They realize that.
Speaker 3: And if you go back, if you go way back to the start of the year when it first popped up that maybe Billy Sladers looking at carrying Roos Walsh and Calen Ponger in the side, that's when you know how I tack minded Billy Slater is.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that have been something that's two blokes playing. I mean, Selwyn's pretty exciting as well, right, so it's not as if that's not intriguing.
Speaker 3: Boy's My understanding of the Selwyn situation is that I'll try and grab the numbers as we talk. But there's a little bit of a concern within the Moraines back line of how many games they've actually played in the last six weeks I'm.
Speaker 1: Referring to in terms of injuries.
Speaker 3: They've missed games, right, and so there's a little bit of a concern that back end of the mash they could start to feel the pinch of an Origin game and that's where Selwyn could come in on some cover. There's no direct plan for sel one at this point in time, but cover in the outside backs is clear that that's one. It hasn't been mentioned. The fatigue element. I'm trying to find that. I'll get the numb but.
Speaker 1: You're either a genius or or a goat well with when you like. If if New South Wales lose Nickel in the first thirty second, whatever the case may be, then New South Wales bench looks a bit silly. If Selling Cobo sits on the bench for eighty minutes then and New Queens they lose, then people will be critical of it. So it's outside back in the first two minutes cobbos there then well look, you know, so.
Speaker 2: If that doesn't happen me, it's quite intriguing how they use him because they've always used that. I often use that role where they stick it back on the middle of the field. Ben Hunts played it, Kale Cooper Kronk, whether you can do that with Cobbo. I mean, here's a big body, cell and he's a big dude.
Speaker 3: So Hamersos missed four games this season, Tour Lung. He has missed four games this season, and Xavier Coach has missed two games this season and more more importantly recently recently, and so just a little bit of cover in the is Cobbo in relation to just that these guys haven't been playing consistent footy.
Speaker 1: And then Dave, you had the story yesterday around the eighteenth man, and you know a lot of the focus been on Matt Burden, but flee Can Firsi as well won't play yeah for the Dolphins this week because he's eighteenth man for Queensland. What are your thoughts on the eighteenth man not being eligible to play for their club side.
Speaker 3: I can see both sides of the story and I feel I really feel for the Bulldogs, and the Bulldog's frustration comes from the fact that this is the third time for Matt Burton and hasn't got on the field.
Speaker 1: That hasn't got on the field.
Speaker 3: So when I say that listeners and viewers, this is the third time Matt Burton's been named eighteenth man for the Blues and hasn't been involved, been available to play for Cannarbury, nor has he got on the field for the Blues. So their argument is what's the point of carrying Matt? Now?
Speaker 1: The flip side of that is nobody.
Speaker 3: Knows if you're going to need your eighteenth man, And to be fair, it should be a new title called the emergency Player, because that's what he is. He's there in case of an emergency. And the Bulldogs are in this they're in this tree on this trajectory of attempting to make the finals for the first time in a long time. They played the Newcastle Knights on Friday night and they would desperately love to have Matt Burton there, but they have to watch their star player just train.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got.
Speaker 2: No issue with this.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: He's what happened to be players this weekend, goes out, gets injured, right, They've select him as eightieenth man. He's there because he's the best player if someone's ruled out, which could happen, or if during the game, if someone's ruled out, he could come on. He's the best.
Speaker 1: If Nicko Hines goes down, he's not playing, but is playing, and here will go back and play for the roost But even.
Speaker 2: If one of the smers goes down, or what about during the game, if something happens to the game comes on, someone gets.
Speaker 1: What if what if NiCoT Heins?
Speaker 3: What if Nicko Heins goes down next Monday?
Speaker 2: What about it?
Speaker 1: Luke Hery has just played for the Roosters the day before.
Speaker 2: Okay, but no, but they make a decision before Friday, before the game.
Speaker 3: But what if you go down on Monday? We're going to have to because which because they burnt the nineteenth man of who's the cover for Niko Heines? Nick Luke here?
Speaker 1: Which is good.
Speaker 2: They've got one up the sleep this week.
Speaker 3: You can see it's a flawed system, you know, that it's for I have no issue with I have no issue with it.
Speaker 1: I just think with no issue.
Speaker 3: The fact that the fact that the eighteenth man is cover for not the most significant player on the field of the nineteenth man is.
Speaker 1: But I get that, I understand that.
Speaker 3: But so maybe the point is that New South Wales have bungled their selections of the eighteenth and nineteenth man first time.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, they got different roles. They got different roles like.
Speaker 2: It covers a lot more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the different rules. I get that.
Speaker 2: I think that, But what do you think I should do? Let him go back and play for so he gets injured, what happens? Then you're gonna find another one man.
Speaker 1: There's about how many teams have to buy this week.
Speaker 2: That's right, but you can't limit so t we only picking guys from he's barely played.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it's going to be players that they play.
Speaker 2: It's the best play to fill that role.
Speaker 1: But you look at qu Queensland have gone for Felice Cafersie on the bench as eight eighth man.
Speaker 3: Right is he the best if he's if he's the best man to fill that role, put him on the bench.
Speaker 2: Police is because carry it back on.
Speaker 1: I understand that police. I just think that there's enough players in the competition to pick that the club sidees are already clubs are already decimated through Origin and the like, and then you're going to you're gonna have a player not playing Newcastle Newcastle. But I'm not just talking about Cannaby. I'm talking about the Dolphins with Felice Cafusi as well.
Speaker 3: Who Dolphins playing Dolphins have got the Raiders on Saturday Night has.
Speaker 2: Got a few out through Origin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the issue because they're selected, they're playing.
Speaker 2: Some of these guys.
Speaker 3: If you okay, your argument is that Matt Burton should be on the bench, and I wouldn't have a problem with your come on.
Speaker 2: The argument is that eighteenth man could potentially be as important as any role on the bench.
Speaker 1: Well you've been out voted two to one, so okay. On the state lines, I'm talking about both teams because the Dolphins are impacted here as well.
Speaker 2: And I'm saying the eighteenth man potentially someone could get knock out in the first minute. I get, I understand all that, So then how can you argue against it.
Speaker 1: I just I just think that the fact that they're not they should have They could back up, they can do it. I think the eighteenth man for the NRL should should be playing New South Wales Cup and be backing up.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, origin is a pinnacle a bit more respect than that. Why why can't disrespect the concept?
Speaker 1: Where did they get it down here? That's why that is true because police will be happy to sit there and not play.
Speaker 2: And you know what police would be. He would be happy to sit there and not play, as I'm sure Matt Burton is happy to sit there and play because he gets.
Speaker 3: Signed it up to Matthew Burton the other day that Mathew sounds of its city at the media day or on Tuesday, and I said, listen, Maddie, listen, I'm doing this story, coming close on the eighteenth man situation.
Speaker 1: I said, may I know you want to be here with the Blues. I'm not going to question that.
Speaker 3: However, could you play Friday night and then be available next Wednesday night?
Speaker 1: There's not a problem, no dramas.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, he could get injured then he's not available, is he Anyway? It's it's a waste to argue because clearly it's the rules are the rules.
Speaker 1: I know it will get to questions later, but there's a question around the eighteenth man concept from I think it's it's either icy or LC says. I've heard the eighteenth man in origin doesn't get paid. Is that true? How is this possible? They get paid?
Speaker 2: That's not true. Yeah, they get the full of man.
Speaker 1: I think they do.
Speaker 2: Just texted Glenn Jackson asking what is the full of.
Speaker 1: Man these days? Thirty grand? We'll find we'll see. We'll get back by the end of the show. But they're definitely they definitely get paid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get paid.
Speaker 1: He had a yarn today dave around Las Vegas and the Las Vegas readers. Yes, what as we inch closer to finally finding out where the four teams are for Vegas, he keeps getting delayed and delayed and delayed. Well, penwith's the lock. We think the Warriors are potentially in there, and they will. We'll get to that look at easy.
Speaker 3: But the NRL cognizant of when they announced this, they really want to be able to drum it up and be able to say, hey, fans, this is what we've got. Those are the ticket packages, these are the flight details. This is what's involved rather than just being drip fed information.
Speaker 1: And fans know.
Speaker 3: This that the NRA can get frustrating with the NURL just an announce a date and then you're still waiting in September October, going what's the situation with the flight packages and all that. So the NURL are doing their best to really roll this up box and dice for one big announcement. Now they are inching closer to announcing the four teams, and it is the Raiders that are firming. I'm not saying they're over the line, but they are certainly firming as a major contender to be one of the four clubs. You're right, Mickey Penrith, the Warriors and it's down to the Sharks, Raiders and Storm I understand for that full spot.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The Cronulla are confident or have some confidence. The Melbourne Storm has some confidence and as I said, as I learned yesterday the Raiders, the Raiders have some pulling power and some nice synergy guys with the Las Vegas Raiders. And one of the key factors is and when I'm talking about those, the means what the NRL want is they want fans to be able to travel. They want they want clubs that are well supported, and will your fan base travel is the question every NRL club is being asked.
Speaker 1: By the NRL and.
Speaker 3: Each of those those clubs that I've mentioned. I think we saw in Magic Round the support that the Raiders get. They basically have their own entertainment package with the Viking Club, so there's there's a huge contingent of Raiders fans that would be kean.
Speaker 1: For me, guys.
Speaker 3: I think the Melbourne Storm were questionable on how many Storm fans would travel.
Speaker 1: You're like that your beats are.
Speaker 2: For the store questions down there. Out of fifteen thousand and one of the well most well supported teams, the NRL fans will travel. Magic Round is always a good you know what Melburnieon's will go even if they're on Storm fans.
Speaker 3: I'll go for the just for the Albernians now, little Colin.
Speaker 2: Street, Yeah that's right. You've been there to straight who goes? No, no, not really, you just want to go.
Speaker 1: Fans of that club? No no, no, no no no. I meant like, yeah, one hundred percent. The fans want to know who's going and they want to organize and wait for their their team to be playing there before they potentially go, and they're like, of course, it's a it's a significant announcement, a significant story. I just meant from our perspective, like, I don't mind if it's the Sharks, all the Panthers, all the Warriors, or the Raiders all the storm sort of thing. No.
Speaker 3: No, I think you're right in the fact that when we covered it early this year, it didn't matter who was there.
Speaker 1: You were there for the events. Yeah, that's that's the way I probably meant it. Rather than not caring who was playing.
Speaker 2: I would say to look, there'll be a core of people who will go regardless who the team's.
Speaker 1: Are out neutrals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but well supported teams have a lot. And there's talk about Warrington playing game the Super League games were now right, yeah as well, So that's going to pull in the English credit some English people there.
Speaker 1: A huge amount. I tell you what needed to happen, though I know it was so hard. It was a rush job, but sitting here at home, you guys were over there sitting here watching it and speaking to people that were here and my mates and stuff like that. The NRAL needed to sell those tickets straight away. For next season because we're so jealous. You're sitting here going, oh, like, it's one of the few times where I'm sitting here going I wish I was there. It was so cool, It looked amazing. The pictures on Fox were awesome, The coverage was great, you know, the having three sixty there and all the shows there and on the strip and stuff like that. There was just so much excitement, and I just I'm a little bit concerned that it seems so long ago. Now that has dropped a little bit, we'll pick back up. But I'm telling you that, like everyone here was obsessed with.
Speaker 2: It, would you drop it to an origin though period.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't do it. No, not yet.
Speaker 3: And while while I did report on the Raiders firming, I'm getting no sense that we're going to get an announcement within the.
Speaker 1: Next two weeks. Yeah, you couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: You couldn't the NRL just so, they just really are really need to nail the whole package to present the fans, and I don't see how Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, but I think there is a space between between the game between games, but they're not going to announce it on Monday or Tuesday.
Speaker 2: They announced P and G as well. A lot of big announcements come.
Speaker 1: Out that will happen. You're the P and G Beat reporter or you.
Speaker 2: Are we're going to be their media manager working in the compound. Compound Baby's three.
Speaker 1: Speaking of potential announcements, Paramatta and their coaching situation. Obviously board meeting last night where the coaching situation was naturally addressed. You know, they're putting together a short list. I'm not sure if it comes out before the time that they played tonight, right, so they will come out at some point, well, it will come out, but I don't know if they're going to rattle some cages before tonight's game. They obviously have. I think the people that will get an interview will be Jason Rowles, Josh Hannay, Michael McGuire, Trent Barrett will probably be afforded an opportunity to formally apply for the job if he wants it. I don't think Trent will get the job, but he's in that interim capacity and you know, maybe an outside of like a Michael Checker one of the cases.
Speaker 2: It's one of the greats. Mate.
Speaker 1: I know they haven't even stepped forward to have interviews yet, but where do we see this heading? Ready?
Speaker 2: I think Roles is probably the favorite for the job. Jason Rowles, I mean, he's been in the system for a long time, has worked so great apprenticeship, Craig Bellamy, Eddie Jones, you know, I mean rugby, he's been involved in obviously assistant coach and the rooster of the Robbie. I don't think you can do any more than what well he done. I think he's ready.
Speaker 3: Well you can because Josh and held held the reins of both the interim head coach at the Cowboys and the Sharks.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he can't do a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Does he worked with Eddie Jones at the World Cup? No?
Speaker 3: Your me and Billy Slaterkay anyway, obviously affirm that they're both and they're both interested in the both.
Speaker 1: So Jason Riles wants the job. Josh Hanna has put his hand up for the job. Mike Maguire hasn't ruled himself out now, Billy I just want a coach. I reckon that is problematic. I reckon he's down the pecking order. I think if you're really.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's an Ryle shootouts, I reckon so ready yeah, yeah, and that's funny, I ask.
Speaker 3: No, I honestly know, I've said and I love the way Billy talks about Josh. I just think and and I can see what they're building down at Cronulla. And again, I still recall when Hanna had to hold the Ford of the Cowboys after Paul Green was sacked, and also Coronella when John Morris was sacked.
Speaker 1: He did a he did a stellar job.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 3: But I don't mind Roles either. I think he's a good, good appointment.
Speaker 1: I think it's they're probably one and two, which they haven't had an interview, right, So.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, that's fine asking right last night.
Speaker 1: I think Jason Rolls, but they haven't had an interview, so it's premature to declare favoritism or whoever the case may be.
Speaker 2: Not really you can you can declare a favorite. You can frame the market.
Speaker 1: If I was framing a market, have I don't know the odds very well.
Speaker 2: I'm like, whether it would be a favorite, I have Rolls at one just declared favorites.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that hard one? But there's no like these are just this is I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you what if bad gets the result tonight against Granala, He's.
Speaker 1: Doing odds.
Speaker 3: If he gets the result against Coronala, there's a little bit of hype around Eels can start to get on a run towards the finals. If Trent Barrett starts to get Paramount going again, I don't think he is.
Speaker 2: He may have a roll there though under Jason, and he rolls in him a good mate, I think a really good point.
Speaker 3: I think either of those two guys, Hannah Rose, need to walk into the meeting and go this is what my staff would look like, and you know this is the way I would structure it because if you look at if you look the most successful clubs, it's their support staff that is so key to the success. We go back to Penrith, Serraldo Andrew Webster with Ivan Cleary. We go to Trent Robinson justin Holbrook. As you said, Rosey was previously there, Adam O'Brien was previously there. Now down to the Sharks. He's got Steve Price, he's got Josh Hannay. Right, the support staff of a of a particul, a rookie coach particularly, I think it's absolutely paramount that those two guys walk in and go.
Speaker 1: This is who I'm thinking about. Any issue with Michael maguire wanted to coach Paramatta.
Speaker 2: A little bit. I watched you guys last night. I sort of agree with Gordie. I mean, he did the two year deals and you said was rugby league. The series hasn't even started and he's already been linked with an Erald club job. Billy has come out, BILLI has come out and said no interest, don't want to be a club coach. I'm committed to Queens and Madge. Okay, yes he's committed, he said, well, but in the background he's lobbying for the Paramatta job.
Speaker 1: I don't have an issue with it.
Speaker 2: I don't like the look of it.
Speaker 1: Mick, he was always going to. I think he's just always going to.
Speaker 3: He's only he's always going to be turned to look at some NRL coaching the job.
Speaker 2: Again, we get through your first series, can't.
Speaker 1: I think he's actually you Ken, that's really the only job that will come along.
Speaker 2: Put another job will come along. It's rugby league get sacked all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure another job will come around this year.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe he's.
Speaker 3: The here's the thing, if Malcolm McGuire goes on and restores the pride of New South Wales by winning this year's Origin Series over Queensland. His stocks rise clubs. Maybe on the precipice of do we reassign our coach? Do we do?
Speaker 1: We?
Speaker 3: I'm talking twenty five making a call on their coach, knowing that the series winning Origin coach from New South Wales is available, they make moves on their.
Speaker 2: You last night said you don't an issue with him interview in between games. I do, because what sort of commitment is that showed the New South Wales? Come on, man, come on in nothing so let me finish. You're trying to coach to a series win right in the middle of the series, after game one, potentially you're interviewing for a job as somewhere else.
Speaker 1: He coaches on Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: That's not the planet. I understand, it's not.
Speaker 1: This is the point.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. Okay, a dozen days are here to wait till the series over.
Speaker 1: No, well it's too late.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well then don't go for the job.
Speaker 1: No, if it's the game's on Wednesday, right, I understand how schedules work, break camp. I'm so if he's at home on Friday. He can't go and have a meeting with paramat So.
Speaker 2: That's a great look. So the news and wild players magic there, bang, we're committed to the Jersey. Baby in the middle of the series, you're going to interview with the club about a club job break camp. I'd be filthy with it. We're not going to do that stupid. He's not that dug.
Speaker 1: But if you're in the middle of a.
Speaker 2: Series, we're trying to convince the Newston Wales team that you bleed for the Jersey, this should be.
Speaker 1: He's not walking out mid series. It's not like.
Speaker 2: Another job mid series.
Speaker 1: He's not interviewing for the Queensland job. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: You're in for a job to leave the.
Speaker 1: Role work twenty four seven on New South Wales.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he has to be working on one inview, but don't go in there. Maybe one interview. There'd be more than one.
Speaker 1: Get first interview. Do we know he's getting interviewed? We think least, well, there you go. You don't know you'll be on the list. I don't have an issue with him. After Origin one, sitting down in Parramatta on Friday Saturday that's.
Speaker 2: Probably why you blake Steak in origin. But anyway, here we go, can.
Speaker 1: You explain, So that's what's happening in North Queensland.
Speaker 2: What's going on there? Well about Toddy or the Tamal. Think that's strange, isn't it. It's been simmering, We've done stuff, We've spoken about nausea.
Speaker 1: How bad is that?
Speaker 2: Need?
Speaker 1: Like we keep hearing that it's more of a niche they're trying to manage rather.
Speaker 2: Than they told us that earlier in the year. They said the reason he was he only played twenty minutes I think it was a round one was because they wanted to nurse him through the year because of that knees I think bone on bone. So at that point we were wondering. Look, I mean there was whispers going around and more try medically retiring. I mean, obviously it was not well with Chase up there. I don't know where it lands because he's got what three years left in that contract on mega money, and you know he's probably almost unsallable at the moment. You're not going be able to move him. So I would not surprise me in the least if at some point they'll get through the season. They get to the end of the season and they talk to him in the n L about is there a way they can injury retire injury retiring man?
Speaker 1: What if he wants to keep playing?
Speaker 2: Well, that's an issue they're gonna have to deal with, aren't they. Well, what do you think?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's sustainable having a bloke that's on almost a million dollars playing a bit part in your team.
Speaker 2: What ely minutes to play last week and I didn't notice he's actually.
Speaker 1: Going back to the bench. He's actually had a impact check contracted.
Speaker 2: Toddy's got think he did an extension, didn't He's a couple of years left, Toddy.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's going to have to take a coach.
Speaker 2: I think there was murmurs last prior to the last couple of weeks about Toddy. But they've won. They've won some games now and turn the season around, so a little bit so those murmurs have gone away. But it's an important season for Tony since he's.
Speaker 1: Gone to the bench. Forty five, forty three, forty nine, thirty three and thirty four to thirty three and thirty four are in back to back games that they won so and you know with an an Origin ravage forward pack, he's still on the bench.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a it's an interesting one to see how that situation is he managed. I think being if it was a Sydney club, the scrutiny would be on more.
Speaker 3: But having you can't, you can't do it, you can't have it in your cap.
Speaker 1: Muay thirty minutes. It's not it's it's not sustainable. It really isn't.
Speaker 3: There has to be a tipping point at some point this year. You're saying at the end of the season, fair enough, maybe in the season, but you cannot seriously be a contender with a twenty minute million dollar player.
Speaker 2: I'll say what the issue is for them Ruben Cod is what one year left on his deal is on what he should He's on half what he should be on. He needs a massive upgrade pay rise. I think Briege Robinson got one year left on his deal. They have to extend him out right. That's where it's going to become a problem for them because their CAP's going to be tight. They've upgraded, they signed Nan and I, They've upgraded Heal and looky. I think drink water is long term. Tommy didn't sign an upgraded deal that was still on huge, huge money, So that's where it's going to be really difficult for them. Already lost for the Fuiarky Griffin nine got a long term deal as well. I think for Memory, well he's got a year to go as well as so I've got to try and keep Griffin m as well, because yeah, and that's where they're going to have a real problem because that nine fifty adjacent's on that would come in handy and keeping those plugs, we should do that.
Speaker 1: As a column one questions Jake for PM, where when you Southwest score points? Boys, what's the striking? I don't know, you don't answer.
Speaker 3: I think they've got great points of attack. Zach Lomax and I know he's highly polarizing, has moments in him, moments of that he comes up with something that other players can't And I think a Nick o'heines kick or a Jerome lew White kick for Zach Lomax with that brilliant leap that he has. And I also think Joseph suwe Lee he also has those moments in him where if you need a leap, if you need a flick pass, a step, a power play, power run. Joseph can come up with it. I think there's definite points in the outside backs for the Blues and in their time of need. Recall last year the Blues Stephen Crichton coming up with some big plays to get the Blues back into the game. I think Crichton's they've got They've got strike, They've really got striking their outside.
Speaker 1: I really like the appointment of Lomax and sewe Lee. Paul Brown wants to know what's the chances of bet Hunt leaving the Dragons.
Speaker 2: I think it leaves some point. I think he's got a year to go on that deal down there.
Speaker 1: I think you'll finished his career there.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. No, I think you will.
Speaker 1: Well, he's thirty four, is desperate, he's thirty five. Given me thirty six.
Speaker 2: Give him a Swan song at the Titans.
Speaker 1: Thirty six when he's off contract, song of the Titans. I'm not sure there's going to be a I think we'll get get him out.
Speaker 2: I just told you swan song at the time, and then.
Speaker 1: You get him out next year. I don't know if there's a market for a thirty six year old Ben Hunt.
Speaker 2: DOT think Desert take him. If he doesn't, we're talking thirty six, okay. I think we're still playing.
Speaker 1: Hopefully by then the Regon. I reckon the next five to six weeks.
Speaker 3: If Saints able to land a future proof half might let him go. Yeah, I just think that. Then then they'll get through the Origin series. They've been to get through the Origin and make some calls around Ben's future.
Speaker 1: But that's what it's going to be for next year. If it's not for next year, but I think Ben Hunt finishes his career the Dragons and might roll on twelve months after.
Speaker 2: So I think they could. He could live at the end of the year. It's still a possibility.
Speaker 3: Sorry, he's off at the end of no, no, no. I think I think he sees out next year's quite okact because whoever, whoever Saints, if they are able to land a young Gun, they're not coming to the end of twenty five anyway.
Speaker 1: So I think it's just changing.
Speaker 2: I think a chance at the end of the year or not.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think he stays at the Dragons, and I think he probably finishes his career the Dragons for those reasons that next time when he's available to start, probably thirty six. The only way can happen is if he goes next year and someone gives him two years or whatever the case may be for from next to C.
Speaker 2: You do it mainly Well, it's interesting because his form doesn't mean great. He played pretty good last week, with his form up until then hadn't been great. He's got one more year left on his deal, right DC. I think they'll make a decision midway through next year. I don't imagine they'll be making an early call on DC because he's what thirty five as well.
Speaker 1: I love this email from this was on Twitter from Steven Cook. How do we build seven tackle sets for kid they go dead or recording goal quick tenament of restarts and twenty eight starts altogether for knock on ding goal? Thank you, Stephen, that bird account. I agree stout Stephen.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: With your simple solution, Steve. I've mentioned this last week.
Speaker 3: If anyone wants to write in about rule changes, I won't be discussing anything else except the disruptor.
Speaker 1: Lucky disruptor, lucky Stephen. I'm with you, simple solution, Stephen. If you boot the ball dead from outside the twenty to turn over from there. That is, it gets rid of seven tackle sets, get.
Speaker 2: Rid of everything where you kick the ball from.
Speaker 1: Done, simple a solution. So because he was brought in to stop So now you're listening, now you like it sensical? How's a nonsensical Jeremy rule?
Speaker 2: The howling breeze blowing and you kick one from the art of it fifty out and the wind takes it dead, so they get the ball. Oh, that's ridiculous. It's the dumbest.
Speaker 1: It's almost stupid than dropping the ball over the line in the act of scoring a try and conceding seven tackles. Yep, which is stupid, absurd. Well, don't drop the ball over the line the ball read. That wasn't what the brule was brought in for.
Speaker 2: But you're saying that bloke kicks them all dead from fifteen minutes sixty minutes out. How they gets out fifty fifty meters downfield? Yes, that's ridiculous, that's.
Speaker 1: A dumble there, just a normal set, No seven tackles. You missed a field goal. Seven tackles set dropped start twenty. He dropped the ball over the line.
Speaker 2: Three or four more tackles to get them fifty meters week and get that move on ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Emails, all right. Brent Ponger is on this week. I think that's you. Can you ask him when? Does he hope his son his back? Yes? And the Night's interested in signing Blaze to Loungey for next year. How is Andre Reid as your man KP going?
Speaker 2: He's brushed me ever since that story came out. I know I haven't spoken to him lately. Always old man. Actually, I think he's progressing all right, and he's getting to return to the training track. I think he's still a little bit of a way though, calent.
Speaker 1: I think he's getting closer to the chin.
Speaker 2: To get to jogging and write that sort of stuff. Get on the training.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you don't know. I don't know Blaze. I think Knights are in for Bla. Yes, there's a little bit of a whisper that the Knights are in for him.
Speaker 2: That's good mail. But Jeremy, okay, is that another you're burner a council?
Speaker 1: It was an email?
Speaker 2: Okay, Sorry, I could just make these emails up to you fair anyway. I think we believe they are keen on Blaze.
Speaker 1: Thy Chris. Thirty years later, Queensland players still talk about the trauma that they stayed endured getting pumped by New South Wales every year pre Origin. I've never heard a single current New South Wales players talk about how real was send the team was eight in a row.
Speaker 2: Fair point.
Speaker 1: I know New South Wales people hated that time and will never forget it. Why does it seem New South Wales players or coaches don't weaponize the history of for our benefit like Queensland.
Speaker 2: Do because we get Origin. You both don't really get it and you've never got it. And it's not thirty years. It's actually forty years that we had to We've only started enjoying interstate games. We were traumatized by all the years before that. It's forty years. I used to get our players already beats and where.
Speaker 1: Driven? Yeah killed, Like, honestly, go away for next Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: You don't you like stay understand what it was like growing up in Queensland.
Speaker 1: Thankfully, Actually I'm quite happy.
Speaker 2: People down here. Yeah don't understand what origin means to Queenslanders. Yeah, it doesn't much else going on in It doesn't mean it doesn't mean the same means more to us. That doesn't just agree, really, thank you.
Speaker 1: I agree because I'm more interested. When I was young, I was more interested in my slide winning a comp.
Speaker 2: Than we were interest in Queensland Origin. That's what Matt Dave.
Speaker 1: If you had would you're rather an Origin series or a comp.
Speaker 2: So that's the difference. That's why you don't get origin. So case closed.
Speaker 3: Talking about thirty years on. Yes, right, I'm talking to Ricky Stewart the other day because we're doing it. We're doing a teaser for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And about that famous nine four try of Mark Coin. That's not a try, that's a miracle. The famous quote from Ray Warren. It's about the Ricky Stewart and he says, thirty years ago, he's still so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: See Ricky gets origin.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Ricky always got origine. Ricky got origin. You don't get it, Ricky. If you get it, Ricky gets origin. Ricky is Ricky's basically a Queensland.
Speaker 1: Ricky gets it more than David I. The amount of.
Speaker 2: Times got origin. The great coach has got origin. Does Magic get origin?
Speaker 1: Let's find out Ricky rick went close to the origin job.
Speaker 2: Freddy pretty sort of got it and he lost it.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you know more about Origin and Brackfeller.
Speaker 2: The Queenslanders get Origin. Pretty got it? Yeah, pretty played a lot of games.
Speaker 1: Ricky's a Queenslander. He went a bit easier to didn't get it like any que low Queenslander. Oh dear, all right, so we do have Thursday night footy tonight intriguing games looking forward to this. Yeah, I get can matter a real they should be a real shot. I just worry about how underdone Mitch and think, but.
Speaker 3: What about the sting in the tail of Junior Borlough and Regan Campbell. Gillard's completely overlooked by the Blues. I think, I think they're I think they should be favorites. If they're not favorites, how many games does.
Speaker 2: Mitch have to play to be right? The think of Origin contention.
Speaker 1: Just depends on if Nico wins, was winning. I'm not sure you change it if they don't win. If they don't win, then I think and Mitch comes back and plays well, Lea's back in the side for game two. Yeah, depending on Niko could get mad in that and losing sight, right, but I'm pre empting if if Nico doesn't play well. New South Wales lose, then.
Speaker 2: I think they lose. Doesn't matter if mitches straight back in.
Speaker 1: Straight in, depending on how to go plays, think it matters.
Speaker 2: I think think one of the Harvest makes way comes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, potentially they lose. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'd say if New South Wales lose, mitches in the team for game two. Provided again, Michie boy, it's a big game, big game.
Speaker 3: Cronulla got a couple of back with Braden Hamlin, Yueli and Toby Rudolph have've burned out for a while.
Speaker 1: That adds a bit of sides to their bench.
Speaker 3: Tend to see our Braiden Trindle goes after five matches out and and I'm just really tend to see the Shark's response after that wayful performance last week against Pendris. But boys question without notice, what's doing with Ryan Madison. He was named in the twenty one and just keeps on missing. I understand it was a virus or something viral weekday last week, but you know, a few Wheels fans are questioning where Ryan Madison's.
Speaker 1: Future is a power as well. It's hard to make a decision on players futures at the moment that paramount until the coach comes in and has that discussion. But yeah, he could be one of those that are on the way out. So Thursday night forty, what's what's dinner like in the Ricko Household Sharks game? But I'll tell what we're going to go.
Speaker 3: We're going with a massive and beef curry in a slow cooker or something. No, we don't have a slow cooker. I don't have an air fryer. I don't have a slow cooker.
Speaker 1: Slow cookers are so good they is handy. I do have that pizza now, did you go and buy that pizza of it? No?
Speaker 2: But we are researching at the moment. Don't know whether they get your one or the next one the next level up? Yeah, did you do you regret not getting the next time? We've been talking pizza.
Speaker 1: Gosney Rock Box one of the great pizzas pizzas well. Maybe we can get some feedback on anyone that's got these things or you've.
Speaker 2: Got a description if we've got a Gosney Days recommended to go. We're looking invest the moment, but if a better pizza oven tweet us please please giving a huge wrap?
Speaker 1: What are you going with tonight boys, I'm thinking, I'm like, what I.
Speaker 2: Have been doing lately is getting rotisserie out on the weather. Ye roast on the retisseri, a little roast chicken.
Speaker 1: How long does that take?
Speaker 2: It takes a well, it depends on the size of the chicken. Our twenty beautiful. But you can put it on. Just rotisseries around.
Speaker 1: Watch doesn't it rotate around.
Speaker 2: Eleven garlic roast. It's magnificent. Chi It's very moist the chicken on the rotissary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mayhem in our house. I've got two sick kids, so I think we'll be doing some sort of takeaway.
Speaker 2: What's up of the girls.
Speaker 1: They're just a bit crooked, you know, they care and yeah.
Speaker 2: They bring it in, they bring it you help and this is out occasionally that would help in the chance.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why we'll be getting some takeaway and suggest whatever wants you. I'm not sure we usually Indian. Maybe she likes I'm not a big fan of the muscle.
Speaker 2: It's too heavy or heavy food.
Speaker 1: Well, this time next week will be dissecting O and we can't wait to sit next to Brent Reid to walk at Game one. But enjoy this weekend of footy and go the Blues