Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 2: That is Guy Sebastian. The brand new single is maybe It's just gone nineteenth past.
Speaker 3: Days been to kiss and tell? Why not try their sister companies of Hochi, Mama.
Speaker 4: Straight out Us like God Wins Are One Room and Susie q Book Online.
Speaker 1: Now, hey, it's Guy Sebastian here. I can't wait to see all of the mums and perform for them at Jason Lawrence Mother's Day lunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. He is the special guest at our mother's and your Mother's Day lunch today, which is getting bigger and bigger. I'm warning and our guy the wheels come off at lunch.
Speaker 1: Go mad. Been at a Mother's Day thing with you guys before, it's a few years ago.
Speaker 4: Go a bit, don't they? What does jewels your wife do she for Mother's Day?
Speaker 3: Is there?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Because the school a lot of schools like yesterday and the mums go wild.
Speaker 1: Well, she's just got up. I was just saying to your offair she's just got home from from a holidays gone. Yes, it literally was, And I will say, go your hardest if you're a mum, because like you know, when you when your wife goes away just before Mother's Day. It's very good timing because then you're doing every drop off and pick up and every lunch every day. And I reckon it was good timing on her part because she's made us appreciate just before Mother's Day, dad.
Speaker 2: This afternoon to pick up, it's it'll be all the dads.
Speaker 4: It's Actually it was like a mensa meeting in here yesterday when jose was like, right, so Archie is in a car seats?
Speaker 3: How do I pick him up if I'm not driving?
Speaker 2: Is that a good look?
Speaker 1: I don't think they need a car seat?
Speaker 2: Is it a good look?
Speaker 3: And then I need to think it's fun?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's you. They've seen worse. Yeah, that's true. I think there's been there's been worse. That's that you're a good dad.
Speaker 4: I think there to the dadsy's you are on driving duty today, not about you.
Speaker 1: But so they should get loose to the moms. I think they need a bit of a day to let go.
Speaker 2: The school Mother's Day lunch my wife's going to today. They've sold tickets to an after party.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, with my girlfriends.
Speaker 4: They've got after why don't you come after the Mother's say lunch?
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm not a mom.
Speaker 2: I don't think, yeah, well you're offering no, well do they need to. I Am not sending a guy in to a mother's day after party.
Speaker 3: Lunch are amazing, though, aren't they amazing?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just they do so much and it's so relentless. I think it's it's It's funny because when I'm on tour, you know, people will often say, oh, you must like you must be so tired, and you must be and I'm like, no, no, Jules is tired. Like what, I'm not home to help with a juggle. I wake up and I do a show for two hours at night, and then I'm sweet for the rest of the day and I'm just in a hotel like whereas when you're a mom, it's just brilliantly never stopped.
Speaker 2: So it's just going to say saying to my wife, like, you know, you talk about you know what's important. I'm going to work. I'm playing Gary Sebastian's new song No Offense. She's at home teaching him how to become men you know legacy.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's ary maybe, yeah, but yeah, I don't know. I'm just trying not to be offended at that. Now I'm dumb joking. It's it's it's pretty obvious. It's like such an important job. On top of that, like Jules, she works her off as well, so that it's like she's so busy.
Speaker 2: And that's why you've planned what you've planned for Sunday.
Speaker 1: Hey, oh yes, I have not.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's massive. It's the lady you leave it, the better the present gets. Because, as I explained to Jay, you throw money at the problem when you're running out of time.
Speaker 1: You know what I've done in the past is throw a song at the problem. So that's everyone. That's that's the little ace card I've got. It was I was in Bali doing a songwriting camp and I was like, God, it's Jules's birthday tomorrow, and that day it actually it actually changed the course of the writing for that day because I was like, I'll write jewels, something I'll write but.
Speaker 2: Hang on, how many years you've been together?
Speaker 1: Twenty it's been twenty two years, twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a song get me a car?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: How many songs have you written for jewels or about heaps?
Speaker 1: I mean? The problem is, like I like I had I had girlfriends and stuff when I was young. But then when I was eighteen, Chiles and I got together. She was twenty, and I was just I was a bit of an idiot, like I was just not I wasn't ready. I was a kid, but I was also an immature kid, like I wasn't very like I just I was very sheltered and she was twenty and back at that stage, two years is massive, like when you're a woman and you're dating some eighteen year old who's just obsessed with sport and music, and so I just wasn't a very good boyfriend, just wasn't attentive, and so she dumped me. I was gutted, like heartbroken, and then we sort of went started to get back together. I sort of crawled back and just begged her to get back basically, and then we did start to get back.
Speaker 3: Nothing sexier than a man to take him back.
Speaker 1: So then idle happens, and I helped I move. Yeah, I moved to Sydney and then.
Speaker 3: So you were single when you did Australia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we went together, like and I was still in that zone of like, oh, like what if she does that again, Like what if she broakes up with me again.
Speaker 3: How old were you when you did idle?
Speaker 1: Twenty one? Yeah, twenty one. So she had just broken up with me not long before that happened. And then I was single for a little bit. And then I rang her one day and I was like, oh, look, it's just I'm in Sydney now, like we just let's.
Speaker 2: Just I'm still begging the voice.
Speaker 1: Now I said, let's call it. And then and then it was just like I just really missed her and then ended up getting back together.
Speaker 3: So gorgeous. Your wife had not throwing themselves out. Oh yeah, she chose you.
Speaker 1: She did choose me, which is also a single off my album available on I Chose Good. It was the first single that's about.
Speaker 2: Let's talk music. New single is maybe Great Give Us the Rundown.
Speaker 1: It was actually the last song I wrote on the album.
Speaker 3: And do you write this in the balley writing cap No, This was.
Speaker 1: In Sydney, about fifteen minutes down the road with this guy. He's it's so good. We do very different things.
Speaker 3: You went to a bali wellness, I went.
Speaker 1: To a little retreat with it really is very much for Rossie's like at extreme ends of the of the.
Speaker 3: Scale wellness and unwellness, and.
Speaker 1: So maybe you wrote it pretty quickly. Actually I often work backwards, so I had the last I went in with this idea. I find if I'm writing with other people and not just myself, it always makes it easier For I got a whole concept ready to go, maybe some chords or whatever. It just makes it easier than starting from complete nothing. And so I went in and one of the concepts I had was that phrase. You know, they say good things come to those who wait, But why would I want good if I got great? And I thought, oh, that would be a cool way to finish a chorus. And then I always work backwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But what I got out of that Laurent is he likes working with other people. Did you notice that? Because we were we're going through the back catalog on the air this week, we went right back to the.
Speaker 3: Og some royalties from this.
Speaker 1: If you want to know something though, it's the only song I've haven't written winning Jerg and Olivesen.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's in my back catal.
Speaker 1: I mean in those days, right, it was the Swedes that were writing everything for Britney, Like there was this little writing house in Sweden, and I mean the writing House, like a huge mansion. I went there. I went there and and and there's like bloodshine of all these people that like did you know that all the big Max Martin, like he's he's over there as.
Speaker 3: Well in the house like the Big Brother.
Speaker 1: And there's like every room is a different studio and in there are the most ridiculous talented people. I remember my first trip over that was with Nick L.
Speaker 3: Marrington. He was just remember the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I've just got this memory of of me me throwing because right next to this mansion was this like grass field and then there was this little.
Speaker 3: House like a sweetish.
Speaker 1: It was weird because there was some nudity involved. I remember Nick. Nick was like he's a real football head, right, He had an NFL ball and we were just throwing it to each other. I mean Nick just weirdly in this break lunch boat were just on the ball and I'm telling him about a f L and blah blah blah. Oh yeah, yeah, I've seen a f L. Yeah, they're they're hard, man. We must go to the house so that we're thrown out of the front of this At this point, no, no, so worth throwing it, and this chick, like a good sort, just comes out of the house like an angel, wearing just undies like no bra nothing.
Speaker 3: Just hangs up, hangs up.
Speaker 1: This towel on the line, and then just walks back in.
Speaker 3: Had you been in the sauner?
Speaker 1: No, it's not a sauna. I think you did. You see? Angels brought me.
Speaker 3: Here like you're in heaven.
Speaker 4: Swedes are a beautiful race to gorgeous. Now I do have a question. Do you still perform angels?
Speaker 1: Because because you do you, I mean not like it's not it's not.
Speaker 3: Is it called angels and angels?
Speaker 1: Angel?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: You could do?
Speaker 2: The wrap on battle scars.
Speaker 1: Though still.
Speaker 3: I know all the words, the fire.
Speaker 2: For a moment that feels more.
Speaker 1: I saw a baselight up then I don't like.
Speaker 3: Them all right, So what are our moms in for a Mother's Day today?
Speaker 1: Are you suggesting today that you will I swear that it's going that you will jump up? Yes for a duet?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just even the backgrounds.
Speaker 2: We cannot clinton. I can't stress enough. If you open this door, yeah, it will be very hard to close it.
Speaker 3: It's fine, maybe somes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what I'll say is backing.
Speaker 3: Vocal starts get with the Swedish writing house linger.
Speaker 1: So it's the equivalent. I'm trying to think of an equivalent, right, it's probably the equivalent like you're doing radio right, and you're quick, you're articulate, and then you just got well. In general, people generally they're intelligent, quick, witty. It's like putting someone else on Brecky radio who just can't get thoughts out, stutters, and.
Speaker 2: We did that with Lauren and it worked down.
Speaker 3: Years.
Speaker 1: So if she's really bad in that Mother's Day audience, just going guys, bloody easy. Not everyone can do it. So the worse you are, the better I look at.
Speaker 3: Well, you are going to look like absolutely.
Speaker 1: Look like yeah, back end, just do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you got a good do not open? I'm going to have to have a few and turn me down.
Speaker 1: All right, just quickly. I just read on the on the twitters, Gojo Eurovision the place that you've been. He's stepping out of a gigantic blender.
Speaker 3: Have you heard? Have you heard the Eurovision song the Milkshake Man? When I say, Sweetweat, I saw it. Do you think he's going to go?
Speaker 1: I think he's going to go to Eurovision. I don't. I think he was in the Swedish house with all the women.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, about student single is maybe it is a cracker banger, mate, thank you for joining us for Mothers Day lunch.
Speaker 1: I'll see you guys a bit later.
Speaker 2: It's going to be hurt.
Speaker 3: Are you going to go do some vocal warm up?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Do That won't help. But keep an eye on our socials today for Lauren's appearance. It's run on a thirty Jason, Lauren, Lauren wake up
Speaker 4: Feeling good following them on the socials