Speaker 1: Lateens.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Lake du Blades.
Speaker 3: Happy Thursday, and thanks for your company. I'm Liz stra and here with me this evening is Caleb Bond and Joe Hildebrand Coming up tonight, an epic showdown between two American neighbors. It's a case of rabbit trumped arrangement syndrome versus maga. Who will win? And coming up in the papers, Dan Andrews, now chairman of a board for youth mental health, pocketing seventy five k for the privilege? Will he donate it to charity You'll find out later.
Speaker 1: And lastly, a Queensland candidate.
Speaker 3: What what will you make of this?
Speaker 1: One? Is campaigning on bringing back the cane.
Speaker 3: Two schools, thoughts, feelings, I remember that thing we had the paddle. But first tonight, our UN Envoy James Larzen has earlier this week asked China to just abide by the recommendations in a UN report regarding the atrocities. China is committing toward a well well over a million wigas in the Shinjang profnce. We know that they are in re education camps and we know the conditions are far less than humane. This has been going on for years. It's not the first time, and we're not the first country that the UN has called upon China to release these people or at the very least treat them humanely or let independent viewers into the country so that they can at least be made aware of the conditions there on the ground. Of course, China has for many years forbidden this and they're not changing their tune. Check out their response today. Imagine our shock Australia. According to China, we're the ones who are full of human rights abuses here in Australia. Lin Yang responded from the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, says Australia, long plagued by systemic racism and hate crimes, have severely violated the rights of refugees and immigrants and left Chinese indigenous not Chinese indigenous people. Left indigenous people with vulnerable living conditions. Australian soldiers have committed to barrant crimes at Afghanistan and other countries during their military operations overseas. These Western countries turn a blind eye to their own severe human rights issues at home, but in the meantime put their fingers appoint their fingers at other countries. This says a lot about their hypocrisy on human rights. Can you believe it doesn't this remind you of the famous Marxist comments saying you must accuse your enemy of doing what you're doing while you're doing it, just.
Speaker 1: To confuse people.
Speaker 3: Of course, this was said on state media in China, so no one would out what this guy is saying. But take a look at alban Ezy today. He wasn't having a bar of it.
Speaker 4: We of course will always stand up for Australia's interests and when it comes to China, we've said we'll cooperate where we can, we'll disagree where we must, and we'll engage in our national interest and we've raised issues of human rights with China. We've done that in a consistent and clear way.
Speaker 3: Very diplomatic, nicely said mister Albaniz. Yes, your favorite guy there he is. We must be diplomatic at all time.
Speaker 5: Come on, now, you're being racist and ablest.
Speaker 3: Who choose an opposition loster of having to.
Speaker 5: Ret I love it where I love it.
Speaker 6: When China does this, they pull the race card out all the time. He says, they're not learning stuff any looking at all. The little Wokester's all the little identity politics they called ID polls for the kids, all of the identity politics activists in the US and on campuses here.
Speaker 5: Oh, you can just call anyone a racist, can you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't like you, You're a racist. And it's a learning game and they're doing it and it's just absolutely hilarious. Soon they'll be invading us for being so racist.
Speaker 3: They've already got very much soft power.
Speaker 6: They'll put us into re education harams and force us to build cheap electronic devices and sell them on TIMU until we get educated about just how racist we.
Speaker 7: Are exactly, all in the name of anti racism, I mean seriously. And the sad thing is that there are probably people out there who do believe this, but we in China would yeah, yeah, And we kind of have this coming for us, as you alluded to, Joe, because we denigrate ourselves. Not we, I mean those of us sitting on the desk tonight excluded, but as a country, we so often denigrate ourselves, and so many people who live here say that we are a racist nation. If you say something enough times, people will start to believe it, you know, people start to believe their own bull le s HR right, And so if you sell that message hard enough overseas, well, yeah, people will start to think Australia is a racist country. But I think it should be pointed out. And these are only the most recent numbers I could find, but in June twenty twenty two, there were roughly six hundred thousand Chinese born people living in Australia, not an insignificant number at that time. That was about two and a half three percent of the Australian population was Chinese born. Now, the latest numbers for Australians living in China I could find was twenty ten, so you may assume there are a few more living there now. But six hundred thousand Chinese in Australia, how many Australians direck and there were in China thirteen thousand.
Speaker 2: I mean, what does that.
Speaker 7: Tell you we're such a horrible racist country that all the Chinese people want to come and live here. They send their kids to our universities because of course they want to send their kids to be taught how real racism works, don't they. I mean they don't even believe it themselves. It's simply to score points. It's utter nonsense. But look, if we keep saying we're a racist country, then we may as well believe we're a racist country and everyone else may.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I know we've had a terrible I know there's been a couple of glitches this week, but I've just realized we've done it again. This quote Australia long plagued by systemic racism and hate crime. It's not the Chinese Foreign Ministry at all. Law A tinglested the wrong text into a group email.
Speaker 7: Well, look, Lydia thought close the job.
Speaker 5: The other mounding of the waters.
Speaker 6: They do, though, and this is interesting so that they always bring up the refugees right now. Obviously there are different sizes of the story about whether or not or how we should deal with people who enter the country undocumented and without prior authorization, and obviously we detain them offshore. But these are not obviously Australian nationals. So when it comes to the Vegas in their educator, these are meant to be Chinese people. These are meant to be that there are people who they're imprisoning and putting in these so called you know, re education, and while they're getting re educated, they do a bit of work, so there's a.
Speaker 5: Complete application Organs.
Speaker 3: Well we're at it.
Speaker 6: Then that's oh, and you're terrible to Indigenous Australians as well, blah blah.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: And I am the first person to say we need to fix the problem and close the gap between Indigenous and non Indigenous Australia. I'm not sure we put any of them in concentration camps.
Speaker 3: No, no, I do have trouble remembering us doing that.
Speaker 6: So again, well, look in the past, wouldn't want to go there, but these days certainly so. China is just incredibly good at muting the waters. But there are people out there who will believe it, and there are people there here who actively fuel it. There are activists, there are people online YouTubers, you.
Speaker 5: Know, certain ABC.
Speaker 6: Who again, you could actually copy and paste a sentence like this and say, right, who said it, and you wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: Well, NA probably gets their talking points from these guys were tuned into the ABC copy paste and well this is what you guys say about your own country.
Speaker 1: We're pointing it out at all.
Speaker 7: I like to see how the indigenous population, let alone the rest of us, would fare under Chinese rule. But Lydia Thorpe might quite like it, because, of course, in communist China there are no kings, are there now? Some kids went to visit to Parliament House in New South Wales this week and they thought they would get to learn about democracy and how parliament works and what MPs do and god forbid what all the staffers do. Well, by golly did they get an edge of imcation, but not the one they thought they were going to get.
Speaker 2: How good is this? A bunch of kids get in the lift.
Speaker 7: They're going a few floors up at Parliament House in New South.
Speaker 2: Wales and apparently a number of the kids got cut off.
Speaker 7: They had to wait for another lift because a number of politicians wanted to use the lift in front of them. Listen to a Liberal staff for describing what went down and what the kids heard. This Liberal staffer is describing an interaction between a National's MP and a Labor MP. The Liberal stafficeys he had been waiting for a lift to go up with a group of us.
Speaker 2: They were also there were also.
Speaker 7: People sorry coming from the chamber. I heard him say this is the Labor MP. F off back to the bush to someone as the lift doors closed. I turned to him and said that was out of order. I pulled him up on it. As the teacher looked really embarrassed, he told me to mind my own business.
Speaker 2: It was just appalling. I mean, you can just imagine it. These poor kids from the Catholic school have.
Speaker 7: Come along to see just how good and civil the running of our society is through parliament and government. And there they are watching two politicians squibble, squabble, sorry with each other, and one telling the other to f off back to the bush.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: The Labour MP, Hugh McDermot, he came out and apologized. He said a number of MPs pushed in front of school children who've been waiting for the lift. I told them they were rude, and they dismissed me, and so I swore at them. I didn't realized and turned around and apologized to the teachers and kids.
Speaker 2: It was a loss of judgment.
Speaker 7: I don't like bullies and they were pushing in front of the kids. Half the kids had gone up and we were waiting for the next lift to join them. Well, if they had not already lost their confidence in.
Speaker 2: Politics, I'm sure as hell lost its.
Speaker 5: Awesome. This is just like school he said they.
Speaker 3: Were there to learn how parliament works. I think this is a perfect example of how parliament works. Wait till you watch Q and A kids Question and Answer Time. What a trait that will be. This is democracy manifest. But I love how the way Hugh McDermott tells the story. He's actually the hero. Yeah, they were being the bullies. I was stepping in and I was saving the day. Let's let's get your stories straight here. I absolutely love it. Like most MPs, he's the legend in his own lunch box, and he wants everyone to.
Speaker 6: Know actually is a legend in not just his lunchbox, but also my lunchbox.
Speaker 5: Is awesome he does. He's not one of those angry I think a.
Speaker 6: Lot of the context has probably been lost here. He's very funny, very colorful. He's from the as far right in the labor right as you can possibly get. Good Catholic boy himself and these were Catholic school kids, so he had the Lord on his side. He's a good mat of Tony Abbott as well, so he's he's a good guy. He's not one of those angry, angry trots.
Speaker 3: Which is the way it was portrayed.
Speaker 6: By the media, which obviously is the way it's portrayed by the man. Of course, you know, of course, if someone says that it gets busted saying that it's going to create a huge media store.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying it's the sort of thing you'd say.
Speaker 6: Over pub table to something he otherwise gone along quite well with.
Speaker 5: And I think all the feigned outrage, and I'm one of those people.
Speaker 6: I don't get artrage when Barnaby Joyce is colorful, or when other politicians do all this stuff.
Speaker 5: And I don't think we can need to.
Speaker 6: Clutch our pearls at good old Hugh. He's doing a bit of Google Nationals member. He might have lost their way to their electorates, so it's that way.
Speaker 5: Anyway. I think it's very beautiful.
Speaker 6: I tell you what, I don't know much about art, but I know what I don't like. And what I don't like is this next bit of artwork. This is an acquisition by the w A Museum, which is you might actually be familiar with it. It is a Frederick mccobban painting, I believe famous, very famous.
Speaker 5: It's the guy sitting in the middle of the sitting in the middle of the virus. It's part of a triptich I think that's part of It's called down on.
Speaker 6: His Luck, Down on his luck and he's sitting there, you know, kind of plating his life.
Speaker 5: The West Australian Museum has has purchased this.
Speaker 6: This fine, fine artwork. In fact, they've had it for some time. Actually, I'm strange to have actually purchased it. And it's because it's been vandalized by a bunch of evil hippie activists have jumped in and defaced this to face, this masterpiece with an anti pro climate change of anti woodside.
Speaker 5: A bit of paint. And this activist has come in and.
Speaker 6: Explained obviously the incredibly highly intellectually loaded reasons for their action. Take a bit of a listen to why she says she did it. A great friends, Australia's largest, Australia's oldest.
Speaker 3: Resids in the world.
Speaker 4: Religious, also strange.
Speaker 5: Planet, how good is sorry? Start over? So can we can't? Can we do that? This is live?
Speaker 6: She actually goes says, this is in protest a grants the greatest threat to the planet in all history, which.
Speaker 5: Is climate change. I don't even know what they're protesting. They have to read it out in.
Speaker 3: The headline this is my moment, What do I do?
Speaker 7: And it was apparently what she's talking about there in terms of the woodside operations in the pilber Is you know, some rock carvings, etcetera, which she describes as the largest art gallery in Australia in the world. I mean, yes, Australia is in the world, so that was kind of already.
Speaker 2: But I cannot believe this. And I've written my column for the Advertiser about this as well, because we talked the last plug.
Speaker 7: We talked last week about that sculpture that they've approved down in Mount Gambia in South Australia, which some dog ugly bigafauna marsupial thing looks like causimotive.
Speaker 2: It's really depressed.
Speaker 3: You really can't define it.
Speaker 7: And I was just getting over that until I read this morning about the fact that the Western Australian Museum is eating what is a piece of vandalism as though it were a piece of that and it made me really angry about the state of art today. But they are putting they're saying that they have acquired this because it is a piece of historical significance, right, and they're putting it on the same level as pieces of history relating to women's suffrage and the decriminalization of homosexuality, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I mean even say, it's so.
Speaker 7: Idiot who didn't even know the cause she was actually there to protest for, who turned up with a spray can, glued herself to the wall and she didn't even damage the actual painting. It was on top of perspects, that was on top.
Speaker 2: Of the pack.
Speaker 7: And this is apparently a piece of historical significance that we must hold forever more in the Western Australian Museum. That's not going to encourage more people to go and do this kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know what is.
Speaker 7: And she is saying today that she feels vindicated, and of course she would say she feels vindicated because she is now made out to be their hero kind of historical figure who was standing up against injustice. No, you're just a dope with a spray can. I mean I could find one of them at the front of any bus stop or shopping center about fifteen years old, all over the country.
Speaker 2: Why is she anymore?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, let's not misrepresent this. So the perspex is not on display and there are no plans to put it on display. The museum chief simply said, look, we collect pieces of history. This is history in the making. Museums collect things pertaining to current relevant issues that are affecting the society of the day. That's what we were doing. You may remember back in twenty twenty, museums around America were snaffling up paraphernalia from the Black Lives Matter protests that burnt countless buildings to the ground in several cities. They don't care. It was a protest the Vietnam War that mass protests in America. Heaps of paraphernale. You're in museums about that. Heck, you can go to France and check out a guillotine from the French Revolution.
Speaker 1: This is what museums do. And I think a.
Speaker 3: Lot of the outrage from this is due to the lack of firstly telling people it's not being put on display as a piece of art. They're simply keeping it in the back room one day or a rainy day. But there is a massive difference between an art gallery and a museum. So this is.
Speaker 7: Black Lives Matter was a moment in history. I don't think a woman rocketing.
Speaker 2: Out the Western Australia with a spray can was a moment.
Speaker 1: It is a museum's way of look.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a great idea either, but it is simply their way of saying, this is how we document history as it happens, and you've got to grab stuff at the time because there's no u sixty years later being like, remember when all those climb activists were going into museums and.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 5: I wonder where she is now. I want to know if she ended up with that guy who was just sort of standing there.
Speaker 6: Go Oh, man, I hope I get lucky tonight, because I just stand here long enough, she's bound to go out with me.
Speaker 3: I think you're projecting there, Joe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why you want to be motus operandi. It never worked out. They always just left you for someone even more revolutionary.
Speaker 5: It was terrible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But I think the problem is when you went sort of and again there's legitimate sort of stuff and people have there are debates around whether or not you should leave, for example, graffiti that's on you know, statues, statues that have been defaced, for example, you know the slave different slav No, No, it's exactly the same. A slave owner in Bristol, you know, and people write his name, you know, say slave owner, you're evil. Do you leave that there, because that is a historical representation of the time that these people found out their local town hero is a slave owner.
Speaker 5: Then where do you stop.
Speaker 6: Does it go to you know, Winston Churchill and the Bengal famine, you know, Captain Cook known, you know, indigenous genocidal maniac.
Speaker 5: According to Lydia Thorpe Big.
Speaker 3: A monument in a public park is kind of different. This is a museum collecting bits and pieces, collecting from the current social movements affecting society.
Speaker 5: Something the defacement of a work of.
Speaker 3: Art, Well, it wasn't because it wasn't just protect whereas what you're talking about is an actual monument being.
Speaker 1: Defaced, an actual work of art.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't because it was covered in perspects and they knew that at the time. So he just whipped off the book place something else. I just think for that reason the argument doesn't stick.
Speaker 1: They are two very different things.
Speaker 3: But let's go to America now, where we all know Harris is failing in the polls. It is a painful death to watch, but that doesn't mean it isn't very very entertaining. Her latest appearance on the campaign trail was.
Speaker 1: A town hall meeting on CNN.
Speaker 3: She had a big go at Donald Trump because he decided not to come to this one, and she made a big deal out of that. Of course, he'd simply decided not to come because a he doesn't need to, He's doing very handsomely in the polls without it, and be CNN not a friendly audience for the Trump campaign. You're not really going to run many CNN viewers over, are you.
Speaker 1: So he decided to save his time.
Speaker 3: She had the floor all to herself, and wasn't it entertaining. She literally took one question and took the opportunity to answer it by explaining why she wasn't going to be very quick or good at answering the questions. The whole purpose of a town hall, so.
Speaker 8: I may not'd be quick to have the answer as soon as you ask it about a specific policy issue sometimes because I'm going to want to research it. I'm going to want to study it. I'm kind of a nerd sometimes.
Speaker 3: I confess, Lady, Nobody believes that you study anything you don't even study your briefing notes.
Speaker 1: She was also asked is she a religious person? Does she pray?
Speaker 3: And here was her answer, just days after two guys were evicted from one of her ally's for shouting out Jesus' Lord.
Speaker 5: Do you pray every day?
Speaker 8: I do pray every day. I do pray every day, sometimes twice a day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she's so devout. How do we not know that until now? I'm not sure who she's praying to.
Speaker 5: What I know why she prays. In fact, I'll show it to you right now. She got to pray just to make it to den.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's got to pray to hope she can get through this bloody campaign.
Speaker 6: But I think I turned to prayer during the Voice camp, and it doesn't because.
Speaker 3: The Lord was on our side.
Speaker 2: It is so bad. I didn't think it could get any worse for Kamala.
Speaker 3: And we know that's not saying that. You know it can look every bottom. There is a trap door with.
Speaker 2: This woman's But you know we knew about the word sellards and whatever.
Speaker 7: But to first open by saying that I'm sorry if I can't answer the question, because I don't have the answer to the question, well, why did you come to an event where the sole purpose is to answer questions?
Speaker 3: You're taken two.
Speaker 1: Days off to prepare for this town hall? Why were you doing that all the time.
Speaker 7: What she means is I don't know what my policies are, which is exactly what happened in the Fox News interview with Brett Bayer, where all she did was talk about Donald Trump, And of course Brett Bay gets to the end of the interview and says to her, well, I'm really glad you talked about Donald Trump all this time, and I kind of.
Speaker 2: Wish we'd talked about some policy stuff. I hope you hit all the points you wanted to hit.
Speaker 7: To which her response was, well, you can go to Kamala Harris dot com and there's eighty pages of she did that in.
Speaker 3: This town hall as well. It was just she absolutely did this in this So she was like Sora to keep referring you to a website, but and then just referred them to the website. This woman cannot probably all.
Speaker 6: Play many many, many many years ago. I made a very simple and pragmatic decision simply never to lie. I wasn't a big lie beforehand, but I thought I just thought, if I was ever uncertain about anything and ever tempted to just tell a tiny little untruth or just sort of smudge things over, what would I would simply just not do it, except, of course, when you're lying to your kids, you can do that all the time.
Speaker 5: But and the reason is very simple. It's not actruistic. But when you are just telling the truth, and when you are saying what you're really.
Speaker 6: Think, and I'm very frank, and I'm an open book and everyone knows that, and I say stuff that other people are too scared say blah blah blah blah blah, it's actually, in the long run, much much easier because when you are lying or reading from the script or saying something that you don't actually believe, you have to remember every single thing.
Speaker 5: You have to remember every single top point, and that is very, very hard to do. So when anyone asks Carmala Harris a question, what do you think about fracking? You know, what is your plan for the economy? She can't. She can't answer it because she doesn't know.
Speaker 6: She doesn't know in her own heart and soul what she thinks or even how she feels about stuff. She can't have been articulated, and she doesn't know, Brian, what she's actually going to do about it. Because she doesn't know what she's going to do about it, and because the thing that she was going to do about it a year ago or four years ago, or when she was running in the primaries in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: It's completely different to the things she's saying now.
Speaker 6: She's constantly trying to remember all these different things that have changed, and basically, you know what her latest you know.
Speaker 5: Law, what her latest position is. And it's impossible. And this is what happened.
Speaker 3: It's impossible for someone without single firing neuron. I mean, this question was a very simple one. Have you made any mistakes? This isn't even necessarily policy related. She couldn't even answer this succinctly.
Speaker 9: Is there something you can point to in your life, political life, or in your life in the last four years that you think is a mistake that you have learned from.
Speaker 8: I mean, I've made many mistakes, and they range from you know, if you've ever pair rented a child, do you know you make lots of mistakes too. In my role as vice president, I mean, I've probably worked very hard at making sure that I am well versed on issues, and I think that is very important. It's a mistake not to be well versed on an issue and feel compelled to answer a question.
Speaker 3: So firstly, she hasn't parented any children, and secondly, you then answered the question by saying, well, I'm well versed, and it's a mistake not to be well versed. But that's not a mistake I'm making. So I'm not making that mistake another word sound.
Speaker 5: I even remember what's meant to be the mistake and what it is. She actually truly believes that was a mistake.
Speaker 6: When I opposed it or when I was for it, was that a mistake? And again even with the parents stuff, like she said, oh, this is a great line. When you're a parent, you made lots of mistakes, and she forgot it. She's not a parent, like she just created this entirely. And again I called her recently a costume in search of a character. She's created this entirely fake persona that is a complete fabrication.
Speaker 5: Is it completely artificial? And there is nothing underneath it?
Speaker 6: There was absolutely zero, and that is why Donald Trump is going to absolutely cream her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, creat and you saw exactly how annoyed she got when she was pushed on policy, and you know, she continually tries to afford these questions. That's why she said at the stat I'm sorry if I can't answer them. I don't know what the answers are. But she was pushed on the border and her significant change on the border. Once upon a time she said that building the wall was an American and it was wrong, et cetera. Now she says she'd bring back the border bill and build the wall, et cetera. She was pushed on it, and she really got her heckles up, let's just.
Speaker 2: Fix the problem.
Speaker 9: To fix the problem, you're doing this compromise bill. It does call for six hundred and fifty million dollars. That was your merchant Trump to actually still go to build the world.
Speaker 8: I'm not afraid of good ideas where they occurred.
Speaker 1: You don't think it's stupid anymore.
Speaker 8: I think what he did and how he did it was did not make much sense because he actually didn't do much of anything.
Speaker 3: Huh, you're what you almost feel sorry for this woman, right, because what we see in Kamala Harris is a candidate that has entirely been created by the media machine she has no record of. Note she was never even properly endorsed by her own party back when she ran in twenty twenty, didn't even get enough votes to get past the first debate. This is a woman who has no track record to speak of except for a very embarrassing one, and she's just been completely hyped up by the media. All the very significant Dems suddenly got around her when it looks like, oh, we're pushing out Joe Biden now and you're the chosen one. She has no foundation. So to watch her flounder like this and clearly being surrounded by a team who are convincing her you're all that, and then some you've got it, You're amazing. She genuinely believes it and can't cannot see how ridiculous she is.
Speaker 7: Well, I thought, you know, Joe Biden was possibly one of the best cases of self immolation I've ever seen on live television.
Speaker 2: I think Harris was giving him a pretty good run for his money.
Speaker 7: And of course, hot on the heels of that, she's going, holy hell, this is not going well.
Speaker 3: What can I do?
Speaker 7: I need something to gain some ground on Donald Trump. So she's gone to the grab bag. She's gone What can I say?
Speaker 2: Want something new? An attack I can use against Donald Trump, that he's a fascist? Yes, she's gone back, yes, nut.
Speaker 7: Now she sees on comments from John Kelly, who was Trump's one time chief of staff, a chief of staff that Trump said he fired like a dog and that was one of the dumbest people he ever met in So you can understand why there might be a little bit of beef here.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: Where all this originates from is Kelly saying that when Trump was president, he said to him that Hitler had apparently done some good things.
Speaker 5: She would connors of more than once, that you did some good things too.
Speaker 2: That is That's literally all she's got to go on. Right.
Speaker 7: A bloke who has beef with Donald Trump says that Donald Trump says something that Donald Trump denies he ever said. But we've got around the attack now right, So here she is today saying he's an evil fascist.
Speaker 8: It is deeply troubling and incredibly dangerous that Donald Trump would invoke Adolf Hitler, the man who is responsible for the deaths of six million Jews and hundreds of thousands of Americans. All of this is further evidence for the American people who Donald Trump really is. This is a window and to who Donald Trump really is.
Speaker 5: Oo. It's scary, isn't it?
Speaker 7: And clearly she thinks she's onto a winner here because she's put out so many damn tweets about this. Let me run you through some of them. We start with Donald Trump is out for unchecked power. He wants a military like Adolph Hitler had, who will be loyal, not our constitution. He is unhinged, unstable. Remind you of someone named mister Biden perhaps, and given a second term, there would be no one to stop him from pursuing his worst impulses.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think we have courts for that. Anyway. Let's go on to the second tweet. Donald Trump vowed.
Speaker 7: To be a dictator on day one, Taking that will out of context, he vowed to use the military to carry out personal and political ben debtas not like you've used the court to carry out personal political vendettas his former chief of staff said.
Speaker 2: He wanted generals like Hitler's. Again, the same man we said that he fired like a dog. Trump wants unchecked power.
Speaker 7: In thirteen days, the American people will decide what they want. She continues, Trump is unstable and unhinged. If elected, his Project twenty twenty five agenda, which Trump has said he has nothing to do with, would give him virtually unchecked.
Speaker 2: Power to fill the government with loyalists.
Speaker 7: There would be no one to stop him from carrying out his darkest impulse. Oh and then she goes on further. The American people deserve a leader who maintain certain standards about the role and responsibility of the president of the United States, certainly not comparing oneself in a clearly admiring way to Hitler.
Speaker 2: I mean, for goodness sake, how desperate can this woman?
Speaker 3: This is what she's come up with out of pure hearsay. By the way, so you've got Kelly who was fired. Here's here's Trump's truth social post about him, posted last year. By the way, he wrote, Kelly is the dumbest of my military people.
Speaker 1: He's incapable of doing a good job.
Speaker 3: It was too much for him, and I couldn't stand the guy, so I fired him like a dog. So this guy has beef, he's oozing sour grapes. He says a one liner about Trump once said Hitler did good things too. I imagine he's just talking about the literal reconstruction of Germany post pol World War One. It was a massive feat. He did do plenty of good stuff before he turned into one of the most evil mentory.
Speaker 2: What's that.
Speaker 5: I think Hitler was always pretty evil.
Speaker 6: I don't think you could say, oh, come, I need the economic I mean, there were people at the time who were impressed by Germany's economic story.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is that was probably what Trump was referring to talking about good. He's not talking about the Hitler that all of us think of the minute we hear his name. But what you have here is this morsel of hearsay. And and she's got how many tweets in the space of just ten hours and goes behind the presidential podium to address the nation to say, Trump is Hitler, this is it, He's darkest important.
Speaker 6: It's actually a cliche in politics and in any argument generally that the minute you invoke Hitler, you've lost the argument.
Speaker 5: The minute you're lost the argument.
Speaker 6: And it is so just undergraduate and sad that the Democrats and all these people advising her, because it wouldn't be her just on the tweets going there'd be people advising her saying this and saying all right, we're going to put this out and this is going to be the magic bullet. Now, there is not a single Trump supporter right now on the planet who wouldn't have already seen and heard all of these attacks where they're justified or not. Ever since January twenty sixth, all of these attacks, all these comparisons with him later has been out there for all to seat on the global stage for literally years, and they seem to think if they just do one more that that would change, suddenly change all this is, this is how, this is how literally brain damage, like seriously mentally impaired the democratic the collective democratic party machine and progressive elites in the US generally, are they honestly think they've demonized Donald Trump till there's no tomorrow. You know, there have been many valid criticisms about him, but again they've gone after him. They've overad the omelet, They've gone too hard. That's turned people against them, not him. And then when that momentum is building because of his martyrdom, they think, what are we going to do, We'll go after him even harder, to the point where you have again her calling him, you know, hitler again after that was accused of being one of the reasons why people.
Speaker 5: Started trying to assassination and.
Speaker 6: Joe Biden just in the last few days saying, oh, we should lock him up. How did that go for your last time? Joe gave him a three point bounce in the polls. Like, these people are literally not functioning.
Speaker 3: They are all but most they are all but begging their nutjob supporters try again. He's literally Hitler, who wouldn't kill Hitler if given the chance. Here's your chance.
Speaker 1: He's still alive and walking around.
Speaker 3: You can get him before we go to the polls. That's basically what is being encouraged, especially when you factor in the kind of nutjobs who are very, very passionate full of trumped arrangement syndrome.
Speaker 1: But before we leave you for a break tonight.
Speaker 3: Texas is suing the Biden Harris administration after the Feds refuse to help them out verify four hundred and fifty thousand ineligible people on their voter roll. A lot of the states are trying to especially the red states like Texas, are.
Speaker 1: Trying to clean up their voter roles.
Speaker 3: Texas checked it out, figured we've got four hundred and fifty thousand people here that we're not sure should be voting. But it's the FEDS with the records who can prove it.
Speaker 1: Will you help us out?
Speaker 3: The Feds refused, and so Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has written, although I have no doubt the vast majority of the voter on the list are citizens who are eligible to vote, still just a question mark. I'm not saying they're not. I am equally certain that Texas have no way of knowing whether or not any of the voters on the list are non citizens who are ineligible to vote. And the AGE has said previously that this is very important given by what a fine margin many counties in Texas are decided by. So all you need in some counties is a handful of ineligible voters doing the wrong thing, and it goes the other way for the wrong team. We've got to go to a break now. But when we come back, Dan Andrew's getting seventy five k a year, like he is not already handsomely compensated to sit on a youth.
Speaker 1: Mental health council?
Speaker 3: Will he donate it to charity that coming up soon?
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: We are bringing you Tomorrow's News tonight, starting off with the year old son the Big Splash reads skin in the game Life saving world first breakthrough as burn's victim is successfully given tissue grown in Melbourne lab Go Australia. Human like skin grown in a laboratory has been successfully given to a Melbourne burns patient in.
Speaker 1: A world first trial.
Speaker 3: The artificial tissue was grown from the man's own skin cells, with the procedure held as one of the biggest breakthroughs for burns care in decades. Reconstructive plastic surgeon Heather Clelland said it had to the potential to save lives of those who would otherwise not survive.
Speaker 1: This is incredible.
Speaker 3: I'm not a medical person at all, but when you read about breakthroughs like this where we're going to be able to say to an incredibly burnt victim, hey, we're just gonna take some of your skin cells, grow a heap of your own skin for you and whack it back on.
Speaker 1: This is incredible.
Speaker 7: Oh, I mean, look at any kind of advancement like this when we punch above waight is good news for Australia. And as someone who has had some skin grafts not for for burns and This is not an uncommon thing with people who've had skin grafts. Of course, they need somewhere on the body to take the skin from to then graft it somewhere else. And if they take skin from a part of the body that grows hair and then put it on a part of the body that does not grow hair, you have like just patches.
Speaker 1: Of hair that grow in very touch of hair.
Speaker 2: That I'm not disclosing, but.
Speaker 3: Exclusive on the la ladies and gentlemen, can we zoom it?
Speaker 2: I'm not, I'm not. I'm not giving you that level of detail. If you want that, you can pay millions and millions of dollars for it on only fans or something.
Speaker 7: I don't know, but I'm sure an sure there.
Speaker 2: Are people out there who would.
Speaker 8: Pay for it.
Speaker 3: It is escalated quickly later, but both the kids are in bed, but I'm.
Speaker 7: Sure for a lot of people it would also give them a level of comfort to know that, you know, the disfigiven whatever and the shame that then comes from how you look after having a skin graft. Presumably through this sort of that'll be able to make something that looks like the skin that.
Speaker 2: Would have been there in the first place, so incredible stuff.
Speaker 3: Just incredible. To the second splash on the front of the Herald's son show some charity, Dan, Well, that's small than we could ask of him. As Premiere. Daniel Andrews will get seventy five thousand dollars a year for his new role as chairman of a youth mental health service that has refused to say if he will donate it to charity, even though he already pockets a generous taxpayer funded parliamentary pension. Origins decision to announce the former premiere as chairman has drawn outrage, with mental health advocates saying it's a slap in the face due to his COVID lockdowns, which we know. I don't even know if we know the total number of youths that took their lives during those lockdowns, but I remember some very harrowing headlines. Does this guy not already have enough money? He's got his premiere pension because he spent so long in the job, so we know that he's getting two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars over his three year term. Then he gets more than three hundred dollars a year thanks to victorians. I mean you're already on a really good wicket. Why wouldn't you just say, oh, absolutely, I'm donating this to charity, especially given the damage I did.
Speaker 6: Well, this is just an amazing bit of this really good sort of got your TABLOI journalist might say that very admiringly, but obviously this person just.
Speaker 5: Wrung up and said, all right, we're going to donate you.
Speaker 6: You know, someone said, I ask him if he's going to donate it to charity, which is exactly what any self respecting news boss would.
Speaker 5: Do, right, And of course you know I've gone and made the phone call.
Speaker 6: And Dan Andrews just gone Harold's sign, you know, if you know, he freezes out anyone who doesn't like and the Herald sign is the top of that list. And so of course he hasn't responded, and then you've got your story. He's refused to say whether he will give it to charity, simply because he's just hasn't even added the fights.
Speaker 3: But isn't that a master's because then he's forced into saying I'm doing then you will have to come.
Speaker 6: Out and say that as he bloody well should on the But it is obviously that I was very very posed in some cases to the COVID lockdowns, especially the closure of schools, that was unforgivable, and Dan Andrews sadly was first and foremost among the advocates of that when there was no scientific basis for it, and that has been proven again again in terms of suicide rate. The numbers I have seen is that the suicide rate did not in fact spike, but that there was a lot of suggestion that because so many more resources were put into monitoring because they knew it would be a risk factor for suicides. There were so many more resources put into monitoring that and making sure and watching for any warning science that that could have been one of the reasons. One of the things that did come out of it, though, it was a huge amount of kids suffering from anxiety and depression who didn't get to associate with their peer groups, which is a matter of life.
Speaker 3: And I find it hard to believe that suicides didn't spike, because I have friends in Victoria who lost.
Speaker 5: Friends and that is always that is always tragic. But I do not believe that there is a oh.
Speaker 3: That's just the standard suicide rate in Victoria.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean, obviously the suicide rate full stop is a terrible thing for kids.
Speaker 5: But it was other stuff.
Speaker 6: It was other anxieties, it was other depression, isolation, it was all these.
Speaker 3: There's contributing factors, but you wouldn't know whether people during the world's longest lockdown would have otherwise taken their lives.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you there were stats that was done and there were comparisons done that showed that there was no spike of suicide during the lockdown with the government funded research.
Speaker 7: Was it. While we're talking about children, let's go to the Canns post. Now a novel idea to get on top of bad behavior.
Speaker 2: Bring back the caine. This is a cattera Australia.
Speaker 7: Party candidate and and he woke Far North candidate who supports caning children in school, says he's winning over residents in a bell where the seat ahead of this weekend state election, but not all voters at the early voting center in Smithfield shared his opinions on Thursday. I'm sure they didn't, particularly ones who've just come out of school. I would imagine, but it's, you know, it's an old fashioned way of dealing with kids. I certainly didn't have to deal with the cane. You might have dated yourself a little bit.
Speaker 2: I remember the pla by telling us that you were copying it.
Speaker 7: But you know stories from parents and grandparents about you know, as kids, they were hit over their head with dictionaries by teachers and all sorts of stuff. You know, I'm glad it didn't happen to me. But sometimes I look at the rat bags getting around. Now, go, maybe you would actually benefit from them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And now we've seen the tables flip so severely in schools where teachers are the ones being beset upon by rabid kids, and they know that if they so much lay a finger on those kids, even in self defense, they will be in massive trouble. My dad used to say of me with regards to physical discipline, it's the only language she understands. And I think for certain personality aon I literally no, we run one of those. We were one of the We were one of those households. Spare the rocks child, Oh yeah, yep. And didn't even take the notches off it. Yeah wow, And.
Speaker 5: That made you the woman you are today. I wouldn't be.
Speaker 3: I love my parents and I was a very strong willed child. I think it comes down to personality. But back in the day is this is what happened to kids. I wasn't paddled by.
Speaker 1: The way, not me personally at school, but that.
Speaker 3: Was something that was used on those kids who were simply giving the teachers hell. And like my dad would say, it's the only language they understand.
Speaker 7: Well, she seems to be impervious to our attacks here in the past. So next time, I'm just going to say, Lidzie cruising for a bruise and maybe that'll do a job.
Speaker 3: Let's go with it made me feel mate, I know exactly use my physical pain threashold.
Speaker 2: Let's go to do another story on the front of the Cans Post of Oro.
Speaker 7: Now you used to seeing Croc stories on the front of the n t Used But of course Cans is another part of the world up there and fan nor queens and where they get the crops. And they have brought in a clear voyant Croc to tell us who is going to win the Queensland election on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Top is the headline.
Speaker 7: And I can tell you if you don't have your hands on a copy of the Cans Post in Cans tomorrow, I can tell you that the CROC says Labour's going to win the election.
Speaker 3: What do we think about?
Speaker 6: Say that, mister blind because on the front page of The Australian there is a news poll which shows that while Labor will not be winning the election, neither will the LNP buy as much as it.
Speaker 5: Was expected to.
Speaker 6: If indeed these numbers are created, are actually just getting a message from one of our correspondents up there. It's basically gone from fifty five to forty five at the outset of the campaign to fifty two point five to forty seven point five at the closing sort of finish line. So it looks like you'll still David Kuisvulliam, the LP will still get a majority, but it doesn't look like it'll be as big a majority as they thought.
Speaker 7: And interestingly they've turned Miles into preferred premiere over christ which is a big.
Speaker 3: With a margin that's small, the Pulses will be better off just saying, look, we don't know it's anybody scarce. We'll be right back with an epic showdown between American neighbors. One's maga, one's got.
Speaker 1: A serious case of trumped arrangement syndrome.
Speaker 3: Who comes out on top. We'll see you soon. Welcome back. We've got to check out this neighborhood scrap between someone with a serious case of trumped arrangement syndrome and what is clearly a MAGA fan. Check it out.
Speaker 6: Are you the one that walks by here and always screaming with people?
Speaker 8: No, I haven't mind recently, Okay, we want people walk by screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 7: You are going for this?
Speaker 5: Know that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Why are you borrying for her?
Speaker 9: Because I believe he is a moral candidate?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, thank you for that one.
Speaker 7: That's more.
Speaker 8: That's how your side.
Speaker 6: Oh proud in your opinion?
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that's I'm sorry, haven't I say, Haven't I say? God, God, bless you.
Speaker 1: He's the most moral person.
Speaker 3: I love to see them. I love to see them.
Speaker 2: That is just utterly amazing, you know, now, bless you. You might have heard of the animal group Peter before p e t A. I am a member of it.
Speaker 7: To people for eating tasty animals, I'm sorry, there's another Peter group out there, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. They are a bunch of nut jobs. They come after jumps racing all the time. And you know how much I love jumps racing. And another thing, you know, a lost part of our country when it was great, of course, was rodeos and they seem to be slowly dying off, including the mount iSER Rodeo, which has now gone into administration. So Peter, the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals has written off to the administrator saying we're going to take it over, and they've got a novel idea of how they're going to do it. They say a mechanical ball championship could replace bull riding. Hobby horses could be used in barrel racing instead of traumatizing and crippling baby animals with calf roping. Competitors could instead ride electric bikes as they attempt to less remote control cars steered by their opponents. Now guess I know they're saying out lead with stuff with publicity, and we're giving it to them tonight. But they are just so dumb and hilariously dumb that we have to highlight this stuff because these people actually think.
Speaker 2: They can influence policy, and sometimes they do.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine the attendance rates Yesterday was World Edible Insects Day, where was Peter there?
Speaker 5: Exactly who's sticking up for the insects.
Speaker 3: And on that note, we got to leave you tonight, but stay around for the Rita Panakee show.
Speaker 2: See you later.