Speaker 1: Apogha production.
Speaker 2: O'kme back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mom?
Speaker 3: Podcast?
Speaker 1: The question we continuously ask am I A Bad mum?
Speaker 4: We like to really sit and ponder if we're actually doing it right or just basically messing the whole shit up.
Speaker 1: I feel like by the time you've realized that you've messed stuff up, it's kind of like too late.
Speaker 2: That's why I talk often.
Speaker 1: About becoming a grandparent. When eventually we become grandparents, you're gonna fix that stuff up. Look at you with your mum, right, your mom will give you advice now on your children.
Speaker 2: But yeah, shouldn't do that with you.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, what was this morning's She was commenting on Ntella? Oh yeah, I was like, I looked at her and I was like, really, Natella out of every Like, my kids are pretty damn like you know, we're very protein driven in the morning, especially for breakfast. Mum, you offered to make them pancakes, So what do you expect that they eat on it? And she went, oh, gosh, anything but Natella.
Speaker 1: But telling you, my dad stayed at our house and the girls were a lot younger, and I remember him saying he gave them natella on toast and I said, Dash, like, that's not what we normally give him for breakfast, and he said what and genuinely right, he went, what is healthy?
Speaker 2: It's full of nuts?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Mom, this morning was a complete opposite to that, Katie. And then I had that moment of going but you gave us We had way worse than natella.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you ever think about your choices now when you go for more healthy options or you don't have certain things. Yeah, I've read so much about vegetable oil and how that's so terrible and it's in like everything so and I'm kind of a bit like, well, unless you're a multi millionaire with a chef or someone that can go through all those ingredients and make sure you're eating the best stuff, it's just not doable. It's not doable in terms of cost for starters, and it's also not practical, like you could then never eat out, you could like, it's just too hard, it's too hard.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 2: But when you look at your choices now, do you look back and.
Speaker 1: Go, oh, I mean, look at the first half of my life from when I was eating that, I don't.
Speaker 4: I genuinely have a giggle because Mum's other thing that we grew up on afternoon snack.
Speaker 3: We had two minute noodles, right, two minute noodles.
Speaker 4: So now we've put an option of whole meal two minute noodles to make it a little bit healthier, and like, my girls only get it as a way off treat. I think we were having it, Luke and I were having it like every other noon after school. Yeah, that was why she was parenting us. Now fast forward to having my two around. These are the worst things that you could ever be giving them.
Speaker 3: And I was like, don't worry about the damage that's already been done. Here, I'm down, I'm damaged. Don't worry about my kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I was like, here, I am going through the markets to get organic vegetables and like, oh gosh, don't beat the kids whole mail two minute noodles.
Speaker 3: Why the MSG doesn't hurt anybody?
Speaker 2: MSG coming out of our ears?
Speaker 3: Am I a bad mom? Or looking forward to school holidays? This is this is a fun one, Katie.
Speaker 4: So I am genuinely looking forward to school holidays. And this is the reason why I had somebody else in our family say that they were willing to take the kids camping.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, yes, have you booked it? Where are you going? This is exciting.
Speaker 4: You also did the wrong thing by saying it in front of the girls, so they heard that. So you're going to let them down if you don't take them. Now, this person that I'm talking about is Sam Dad a dad aka dad, and I genuinely and like now encouraging it so much that it's actually so obvious because I was like, yeah, no, where are you camping? Like this would be so good? And he goes, well, you could come, and I was like, nope, no, that was never.
Speaker 3: On my posce.
Speaker 2: You're that you're the fun guy.
Speaker 3: You're the fun guy.
Speaker 2: You do the fun stuff.
Speaker 3: You love camping. Yeah, you bought swags just for the three of you.
Speaker 1: We'll say at home and iron everyone's school uniforms.
Speaker 4: I do all the jobs, so like and not go camping.
Speaker 2: How long are they thinking of going camping?
Speaker 3: A week?
Speaker 1: He was planning a week like seven day Yeah, that's a long time for camping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, best of luck. But the last time they went camping was for what two nights?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, don't have all your hopes tied up with seven days because my experience of camping, and I haven't been for a long time because of my very convenient analogy, but my experience of camping has always been you plan for a certain amount of days and I'm home after two.
Speaker 3: Yes. Yeah, So they went for two days.
Speaker 4: On the last camping trip, he ended up booking a tiny home, so it was like a property with a tiny home on it, just in case the girls didn't want to camp.
Speaker 3: Oh, so they got a tiny home.
Speaker 4: They got the pocket of land, he said, which was good because then you've got the pocket of land. You don't have to think about where you're going to go camping the rest mind you. This was like eight hundred dollars for his tiny home for two nights.
Speaker 2: What and I was only slept in a tent outside.
Speaker 4: I was like, Maye, what the actual fuck is wrong with you? They have swags like whatever the swags are, and I think Sam bought himself double swag biggest mistake because then he had someone in the swag both nights and it was like one night, one girl, Elsie first night, Gracie second night, and they were all sleeping outside the tiny home, but in their swags.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so now.
Speaker 4: They're planning seven nights Katie. But I'm feeling like I'm going to just like jump the gun. I'm going to get way too excited. But I figured, if I just booked something, if I just go somewhere, not my.
Speaker 2: Problem, like Fiji.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you yeah, if you cancel your own camping trip, not my problem. You told me you were going camping. Yeah, no, you organize this, yeah problem, they're on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So seven days, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Of course, I'm looking forward to school holidays.
Speaker 4: I'm not even going to be with them for a week of the school holidays.
Speaker 3: I'll take one week, you take the other.
Speaker 2: Is it the first week or the second week.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It would be better if it's the second week because because you'll do Oh no, it be better if it's the first week.
Speaker 1: Because then you get your time and then you get time with the kids and then they go back to school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's kind of like school holidays gives all of us holidays, right. I don't know if you ever think about this in terms of the breakdown, but we've talked about it before. School holidays for an adult means no lunchboxes, no school run drop off timing, no driving in traffic just to get to that one because the traffic even lightens up. I don't know if this is all over the world, but Brisbane it's like it's like no one goes to work, no one goes to anywhere in the mornings that they're school holidays and so like there's so many things that we don't have to do. So technically you're on holidays whilst they're on holidays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I certainly did do a lot of getting up taking them to vacation care. First of all, it was a drama because they hated going, and then they compared it to Albert so and So's mum is home and him blah blah blah blah blah. So I would always have to pushback and the arguing over why did they have to go to vacation care and other people don't. And I'm like, there's still plenty of people have to go to work during school holidays and have to do that. But then there's also the cost of it, Rach because after school care or holiday care, vacation care works out so much more expensive, especially over the Christmas school holidays. If you've p like if you ever weeks and the kids need to go to vacation care for like five of them.
Speaker 2: There's so much money. When is school holidays?
Speaker 1: By the way, when have we got about three weeks?
Speaker 4: Three weeks I think technically classified as winter holidays?
Speaker 3: I think is it?
Speaker 2: Yes? And the girls say to me, as they do every school holiday, are we going anywhere this school holidays? Well?
Speaker 1: I did have a look at flights to Bali and they were going to be eight thousand dollars and unfortunately, oh my god, that's seven.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars on our sick cat. So what do you want? The ants will be no holiday or a cat.
Speaker 3: Maybe pick up a few extra shifts.