Speaker 1: On scone Wuds Australia. This is the Winder Paney Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panecky Show. Coming up tonight. An indigenous leader who declared non Aboriginal people should go back to where they came from or face extermination. Appointed co chair of taxpay funded Reconciliation Victoria Patrick Carline will be here to discuss that and more, including the latest wacky political ads flooding social media, and one of those is a plagiarized effort from Tilminique Ryan. We'll look at the latest so called hate speech laws and the assault against free expression with Stephanie Bastian. The always droll Army Horowitz will have the latest from the US, and later in the hour we'll look at some of the mad activism happening on university campuses. We never forget left He is losing it tonight featuring Democrat Jasmine Crockett.
Speaker 3: You know, you know we don't pick and kit.
Speaker 1: We are you can't pay us enough to find a plantation.
Speaker 2: But first, last night's debate between Anthony Albineazy and Peter Dutton almost didn't occur after the opposition leader's father suffered a heart attack and was rushed to hospital just minutes before the start of the debate. Here is Peter Dutton on Nova Radio this morning.
Speaker 4: I have something like that, actually go down just before you have a huge debate like that.
Speaker 3: You did very well to go out there and actually do it.
Speaker 5: Payton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, I thought, do I pull out of the debate.
Speaker 5: But anyway, my sisters were up there with him and giving me regular reports, which was good.
Speaker 6: But yeah, he's a great man. I love him very much.
Speaker 2: Joining me now for more on This is News. Collp senior writer Patrick Carline. Patrick, Peter Dutton held up quite well considering how did you see the debate?
Speaker 4: Look, I think it was sort of a nil oral draw. I think that fact about Peter Dutton's father has become sort of more resonent if you like, today, as the day has gone on, because most people, no one would have knocked him for not going on. Most people would have been in a position where a family member is ill or ailing, where it is very difficult to perform publicly. At the same time, I thought he performed admirably in the circumstances. I thought as a debate, as a political debate, it was probably a nil orld draw. It didn't really change anyone's frame of reference for the for the election. I think a lot of people would have been disappointed that there were no grand of visions, but that puts aside the fact that Peter Dutton did actually turn out, which in itself was a win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that is something to be said for turning up under those circumstances. Now Greens Lead Out and Banned has handed Labor a list of non negotiables in order for the Greens to back Labor in forming a Minorish government, God forbid. The demands include getting rid of negative gearing, limiting the fifty percent capital gains tax discount to only one current investment property, and they also want a rental freezing caps Patrick. So they seem determine not to destroy the not just to destroy the energy sector, but also the housing sector. I mean, what do you think is going to happen if you remove all incentives for investors, including negative gearing, capital gains discount and also put a cap on rental increases. You're going to have a smaller and smaller pool of rental properties and that's not going to be good for renters.
Speaker 4: And where does it end. I mean they want fifty public transport fares, they want free teeth for everyone, they want no coal or gas. I'm not sure how you turn on the light at that point. There is just this wish list that has no relationship with reality in so many of these cases. We saw Bill Shorten push for negative gearing changes in twenty nine and the electorate said no in a massive way. And I think about the Greens, I mean, they might get a fingernail on.
Speaker 2: The levers of power here.
Speaker 4: They represent probably ten to fifteen percent of the electorate and they've got these crazy ideas. It is terrifying to think that they're going to be close to the wheels of power.
Speaker 2: Well, they've already succeeded in pulling Labor significantly left because Labor do fear the Greens in certain seats. And yeah, their influence even across the liberal side is worrying. Now a lot of Conservatives have been wondering where Senator just Into Namba jimp Price has been. She's been largely absent from the coalition's campaign so far. She was instrumental in prosecuting the case for the Voice referendum, the coalition's case against the voice and Patrick. She is undoubtedly one of the most effective, one of the most popular politicians in the country. We will see more of her this week, but listen to the security requirements. A large team compromised of Australian federal police, state police and private security specialists will be protecting Senator Price during her visit to the West Australian city of Bumbrey on Friday. This is after threats of protest and follows Price being the target of aggressive and abusive behavior when visiting a number of Indigenous communities. I really do hope that is not the reason behind her absence from the campaign. I just think it's a strategic mistake from the coalition not to be capitalizing on such an effective politician.
Speaker 4: Look, it's a difficult one. She's very popular and she has been threatened in the past. I mean, fears for her safety are not totally unfounded. In this world, a new paradigm of protests that we now live in, you know, since October seventh, it's not it's okay to actually be aggressive, to threaten, to be violent, to menace people, and that's happened to her. And I mean these measures that need to be put in place, or are being put in place for a political engagement off the charts. I mean, it really does show how far Australia has shifted in the last eighteen months. And it's really not good.
Speaker 2: No, it hasn't been for the better. We reported yesterday about the Liberals in disendorsing their candidate for the seat of Whitlam, Benjamin Breton, and discussed how ridiculous that was. Well, it's not getting any better for the new candidate. Britain will now be replaced by former New South Wales State Liberal MP Nathaniel Smith, and he is already facing attacks. The Guardian has done a bit of an attack piece outlining new Liberal candidate for Whicklam claimed Marxist brainwashing happened at Australian schools. God forbid. Apparently that is a highly controversial point of view in the eyes of The Guardian, who went on to report Smith's maiden speech to the New South Wales Parliament back in twenty nineteen. This is what he had to say. He said, political correctness in this country has gone too far. I believe childhood is a period of innocence. I want to see schools teach core skills, not agendas. I want my children to learn about history, geography, mathematics, Western civilization, science and the arts, not safe schools, gender fluidity and other forms of Marxist brainwashing. Patrick I would have thought that's a fairly mainstream view, maybe not of the Guardian, but for most of us. What he said there is that whether you're labor or liberal, I think most parents would agree with that absolutely.
Speaker 4: Look, it's not controversial at all. He said political correctness has gone too far. Well, I think most Australians really, let's be honest, A majority of Australians thought we reached the limit of that a long time ago, well before now. And to suggest that this is somehow dangerous or controversial, it's ridiculous. It's hitting right into the strike zone for the Coalition vote. That's the sort of people they want to tap, those sorts of feelings. Those feelings are very tangible and very strong.
Speaker 2: Absolutely now t LMP Monique Ryan's campaign has set up its own youth branch, Youthful Mode, they call themselves, and they've posted this add to their Instagram page. We really need a Mitra Malvin a pmhenomenon. I think I've heard that before. We really need.
Speaker 3: Get it hot like Papa John.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's borrow from that brilliant campaign. Now let's have a look at what's going on over at the Green's headquarters.
Speaker 7: Authorized by J McColl Australian Greens Camera.
Speaker 2: That's that's the grains. When they're not just being complete near Marxist, they're doing that. Labor's also been hard at work. We've played plenty of their ads this week. Have a look at this one.
Speaker 8: I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to. I have cut a lot of you. Wenderley's cut, Rudy is cut, Jennie, you're going, Stephen. I like your hustle. That's why it was so hard to cut you. Congratulations. The rest of you made it, Jeem except you, You and you authorized p Erricks and ALP Camera.
Speaker 2: Interesting both the Liberals and Labor have used the Simpsons for the social media ads. I don't know what the copyright arrangements are there. I don't know how they're getting away with it, but they are. What do you make of that? It's some of it's funny, some of it cringe worthy. But how effective will it all be?
Speaker 4: I think if I was Lady Gaga's people. I'll be getting on the phone to the Green straight away. I mean, that's a beautiful song. It's just been ruined.
Speaker 2: By cease and desist immediately.
Speaker 4: Yes, infantile sort of politicking. Look, social media has got a place in this campaign that it hasn't had before. The big worry with it is that the fake news thing where you can put a premise and it's not challenge. It actually stands alone in isolation. Look, some of those ads can be funny. I think those Simpsons ads are good. There's some creativity there. You can actually watch it and smile. But when you're sort of looking at very basic, very juvenile type sort of we don't like Peter Dunn. He's Voldemort in effect, it really does bring down the whole tone or something that sort of starts at a low base. Anyway, at the best of.
Speaker 2: Times, there's just so much more you could do. Yeah, that's the best the Greens could manage. Now, before you go, Patrick, The Herald's son is reporting that an indigenous leader who declared that non Aboriginal Australians should go back to where they came from or face extermination, has been appointed to help lead Victoria's reconciliation efforts. Glenn Lowry, the newly appointed Aboriginal co chair for the taxpayer funded Reconciliation Victoria, said that because we don't want to misquote him, so let's read directly from what he wrote. We, the first peoples of this land, who have given this country every opportunity to do the right thing, now declare that those who are not first people are unworthy of welcome and residence, and demand that you go back where you came from so we can heal country and ourselves. He went on to also right, if you fail to do so, then further steps to exterminate you as you did and continue to do to us may be implemented. He wrote that back in February and has since apologized. But February, we're not talking about some foolish, little teenage tantrum. This was only a couple of months ago.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you can't will back what you've said. This is dreadful. You can't Where am I supposed to go back to the eastern suburbs of Melbourne or what?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. You would probably have to go back to England. Just some sort of genealogy, yes, four or five generations I'll go back to England.
Speaker 4: Yes, look that is ludicrous and the idea that he actually has a purge, a senior one is outrageous. You can't will back some comments. Sometimes you've got to be accountable for what you say, and that is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Patrick, Carly and thanks for your jack. Thanks joining me now is Women's Forum Australia's head of advocacy is Stephanie Bastian. Stephanie. New hate speech laws have just passed the Victorian Parliament, making the vilification of LGBTQAA plus plus people and women and people with disabilities based on their protected attributes punishable by up to five years in jail. Now this includes posting what are considered offensive comments, memes or photos online but offensive to who's Stephanie? Well, that's right.
Speaker 9: There are a number of issues with this piece of legislation. I think it's very dangerous for free speech. There's no minimum threshold to prove harm. You just have to be able to establish that it could harm could happen. But I think probably the most sinister aspect was a late night amendment moved by the Greens accepted by Labor called the Sam Kirk Clause now you remember in the UK, Sam was charged with racially aggravated harassment. I don't make the rules on what should be considered hate speech. The left have done that, but she called a policeman fing white and stupid and was consequently cleared. But this amendment was to deter protected minorities from being prosecuted under these laws. And our concern is that when it comes to women and women's rights, it means that activists, as we know women are being disproportionately taken to prison so to court by activists for so called offensive comments by speaking the truth. But this clause will deter women from using these laws to protect themselves. As we know happens say through the Let Women Speak Raley, women are con subjective to online abuse by transwrightes activists for speaking out about sex space rights. So this clause is meant to suppress and protect these people from being prosecuted. Yet it's an open slather on women. So it's very concerning.
Speaker 2: Can you see these laws being targeted towards anybody who is outspoken on this issue? We've seen all sorts of women drag through different tribunals and courts. Are the moment I think Jasmine Sussex is facing some sort of a tribunal over comments she's made about men not being able to breastfeed, something that I would have thought was a fairly obvious statement of facts, but apparently hugely controversial and harmful. And perhaps if you say that in Victoria, now, could you be accused of vilifying someone in the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, But the other aspect of these laws is you don't even have to be in Victoria to be prosecuted. I mean, people can, people who want to make claims against women like Jasmine can jurisdiction shop and decide that they want the case heard in Victoria if they think they can get a better outcome. So I think that these laws certainly will be weaponized more. We've already seen the Human Rights Tribunal rule that lesbian groups can't meet without including trans identified males who identify as lesbians. I mean, if they were to go ahead and do that, there would certainly be a claim against that organization.
Speaker 2: So absolutely again absurd. I mean, lesbians are lesbians because they don't like penises, So to have someone there who has a penis who identifies as women, it is kind of defeats the entire purpose of a I don't know, a lesbian dating night or speed dating or whatever event they're wanting to hold. I mean, the whole thing would be comedic if it wasn't actually serious. Now, Stephanie two, a transgender women that is again a biological man who identify as women, faced each other for a women's championship title at the Ultimate Pool Women's Pro Series event in Wigan in the UK. These two dudes beat all the female competitors in the sport to reach the final. We're told this sort of thing never really happens, that it's all just hysteria from the activists. But on the same day, The New York Post also reported that a transend track athlete won a varsity high jump competition at an Oregon high school. Now, this athlete finished first in the female category just two years after finishing last competing against junior boys. Stephanie, that says it all why we've got different categories for men and women, and why it's so grossly unfair to allow male bodies into women's sport.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, it's peak insanity that the top two competitors in the poor competition are both male. I mean, it just says it all, really and what's grossly unfair is that, particularly in Australia, you can't call this out anymore. I mean we're talking about the vilification laws just before, but Ciraly Smith's off to court on Monday for calling out the fact that the top football goalscorer for New South Wales in the state AFLW was a biological male. It's absolute insanity. And we know that the science is there, the male puberty, the data on that, and the fact that they have a stronger capacity in height and jumping in strength. It's all there and it's just ridiculous that this conversation is being suppressed at the disadvantage to women.
Speaker 2: Now, just before you go, Jennifer Malay, a Black Christian, a senior nurse at San Hell Hospital in the UK who addressed a transgender pedophile as mister, has been suspended despite this transgender pedophile calling her the N word three times. This is a convicted sex offender who also lunched at her and Stephanie, she's the one who's paying the price. She is the one who's suspended from her role.
Speaker 9: It's just extraordinary. A woman who's been not only physically threatened, racially abused, and somehow the pedophile is the is the victim. It just makes me so angry. But in you know, the e Safety Commissioner just last year, under questioning from Claire Chandler, wouldn't deny that it was considered online cyber abuse to refer to male sex offenders in prison by their correct pronouns. I mean these things matter. If she said a woman lunged at her, obviously the the safety risk is very different. This is a man that's abused children. It's just it's horrendous and it's unfair. But it just shows how how far this ideology's gone, that they will protect every aspect of these criminals at the expense of women every single time.
Speaker 2: It's a huge injustice, absolutely, Stephanie Bastian, thanks for your time tonight. Still to come Left, He's losing it. Plass hundreds of thousands of dollars raised for a killer who stabbed a teenage boy to death. Army Horowitz is up next. You're watching the Reader Pany Show and it's time for Lefti's losing it. Let's hear from the Democrats rising star Jasmine Crockett. Here she declares she wants illegal immigrants in the country because who else is going to pick the cotton?
Speaker 10: Y'all go around the country educate people about what immigrants do for this country, or the fact that we are a country of immigrants.
Speaker 3: Right. The fact is, ain't none of y'all trying to go in farm right now? Okay, So I'm like, raise.
Speaker 2: Your hands, you not, you not?
Speaker 3: We don't picking kit.
Speaker 10: We are.
Speaker 3: You can't pay us enough to find a plantation.
Speaker 2: So to be clear, she sees immigrants as some subservient class. Just in case you were wandering, She wants to import an underclass to do the work she considers beneath her now to lift us. Activist Kylie Brewer explaining common ways white people are racist.
Speaker 7: Hi, my name's Kylie, And here are some things that white people say without realizing they're being racist. Number one, coming in hot, we have when a white person is telling a story and they mention the race of the person for no reason. That waitress and then mentioned how she was Hispanic, as if that's somehow has something to do with her character.
Speaker 2: Wait, what so telling a story and mentioning the race of the people involved is racist, but only for white people do it. But if I'm telling a story as a woman of color and mentioned, for example, a silly white girl called Kylie delivering dart lectures about racism, that's perfectly okay. Let's get some more wisdom about racism from Kylie.
Speaker 7: Number two telling a story about someone from a different race and then doing an accent to make the story come to life. Number three saying the N word in rap music or other songs because it's going too fast to skip it.
Speaker 2: One. Doing accents is awesome and funny. And if you like rap songs and sing the lyrics that the artist has written, that does not make you racist. I mean, come on now. This next guy shows how you deal with these lefties. He encounters a woman in traffic in a Make America Gay Again cap. Hilarity ensues.
Speaker 3: I like your maga hat Yeah Trump? Who is this gay?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 7: Trump fan Trump?
Speaker 2: No, it says big America gay.
Speaker 11: Again, great again gay? I know, but we love Trump?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: That is? That is just so amusing. Now his alleged comic John Oliver, one of the unfunniest ninkham poops to ever call himself a comedian. Here he goes on some bizarre rant arguing that males really don't have an advantage in sport. I don't know why even have men and women's categories.
Speaker 12: Then John, bigger and stronger bodies are not automatically advantaged in every scenario. But the degree of difference here matters because we expect a certain amount of difference in athletics. Tall about small players are expected to compete against shorter ones. Faster soccer players compete against slow ones. Michael Phelps was allowed to compete with other swimmers despite being part dolphin. And crucially, none of the studies I've mentioned so far bear much relevance to what these new laws target, which is youth sports usually of all ages, and the research there is even more scant. We have no research about how being trans or undergoing gender firming treatment impacts athletic performance in teens.
Speaker 2: Yes, he really is that stupid and pathetic? Are sad? Sounds like a laugh track accompanying lies, half truths and gas lighting masquerading as comedy. Pathetic, But if you think that was the worst of it, well brace yourself, because when this lefty loses it, he really loses it. Here he claims it's not the women being injured we should care about. It's the transactivists so are having their feelings hurt.
Speaker 13: Just to be clear, I'm not happy to watch women exp who is injury, humiliation and a lot of sporting opportunities, but that includes trans women and kids and they seem to be getting hurt on most right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're not getting injured though, are they? John? And Funny? If there is no physical advantage, then why are we not seeing a whole bunch of women identifying as men competing in men's competition. If you think there is no difference between the sexes, then let me read out this one stat that brings it home. Even for the biggest simpleton among us, and I'm talking to you, John Oliver. The fastest female sprinter in the world is American runner Alison Felix, a woman with more gold medals than Usain Bolt. Her lifetime best for the four hundred meters is forty nine point two six seconds Based on twenty eighteen data. Nearly three hundred high school boys in the US alone could beat it. Now, that was from back in twenty twenty one, and I can tell you the sexes haven't changed that much since then. You know, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and even CNN occasionally allows truth and Data to intrude on its twenty four to seven anti Trump hysteria.
Speaker 11: I think there was this concern among some folks that Donald Trump would come in for a second term and kind of be a lame duck. He ain't no lame duck. If anything, He's a soaring eagle. What am I talking about here? Let's talk about Trump executive orders in twenty twenty five. He's already signed one hundred and eleven so far. That is the most at this point in a presidency and at least one hundred years. In fact, it's the most in any single year. We're only in April.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. The teeny tiny CNN audience doesn't want to hear that. The host I don't want to hear it either, So naturally the question had to be asked, Does Trump have too much power with all those executive orders? Surely a big majority of Americans are worried about that. Turns out they're not.
Speaker 3: Take it a step further.
Speaker 11: Do the people think he has too much He's taken too much power? Yeah, this, I think is the real question. Right, you can believe that he's doing stuff completely differently, But do you think that he has a little too much power or not? And this is interesting. So Trump's presidential power is too much, the right amount, too little. Well, forty seven percent say too much, but then you get thirty six percent who say the right amount. Then you get seventeen percent who say too little.
Speaker 6: So you're essentially.
Speaker 11: Dealing with a majority of the American public fifty three percent who do not say that Trump has too much power. They either says he has too little power or the right amount of power. So the idea, that argument that Donald Trump is quote unquote a king, that I don't think holds with the American people does hold maybe with forty seven percent, but with the majority of folks. They believe Donald Trump's doing something completely differently, and they don't believe he has too much power. And the executive orders he as signed certainly suggests he's no lame duck. He is, as I said at the beginning, a soaring eagle.
Speaker 2: Fifty three to forty seven percent. Funny how that works. Now, let's talk about Bill Burr. The once funny Bill Burr has gone from being hilarious to being a hysteric and he's now backing away from his newly acquired lefty views. It was only a couple of weeks ago where he was railing against corporates and saying to free murderer Luigi MANGIONI, you know what.
Speaker 5: I mean, because some corporate had to give himself a bonus check at the end of the year. What if we made it worse but made it look the same, then could our pools be bigger?
Speaker 3: Free Luigi?
Speaker 2: But showing all the courage and consistency of a typical celebrity, Burr is now backing away from that sort of position. Despite going on The View and railing against Donald Trump old mask, he now says he's not political.
Speaker 5: Oh well, no, I'm not going to just have some controversial moments he can get clicked.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm here for Conan.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing all of this. What do you gonn bring up next to the middle least.
Speaker 5: I went to summer school three out of four years in high school. I'm not qualified to talk about this.
Speaker 4: What do you just get all the warming you said about Elin that he was ruining ear if they saw on the View you're critical of him. What do you think of all the boycotts, even the violin.
Speaker 5: I don't watch y'ell knows. I don't watch the news, no idea what's going on. I watch Instagram. I watch people wipe out on motorcycles. I watch lions and hyenas fight each other. This is the things that I do. And I don't think you should be asking a comedian.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he doesn't know anything about politics. It's not political, but he chose to go on the view and rail against the Trump agenda. Well done. Now, if you want to see real racism, then watch this. And sadly it's not just this woman. More than two hundred and fifty thousand dollars has been raised for this killer, Carmelo Anthony, who murdered an innocent, unarmed teenager. His name's Austin Metcalf at a track event. Watch this woman justify Austin's murder. This is Ashley sick.
Speaker 10: Y're not gonna make me believe or feel any kind of sympathy for Austin Metcalf at all. He put his hands on that young man when he should have kept them hands to himself, when the young man told him touch me and see your bet, not touch me. That meant that I don't want you in my space. I don't want you touching me. Rosa Park Days is over. You cannot think that you can move somebody out of a seat that you don't own and think that it's gonna be okay. And you can't determine how I'm going to retaliate on you when you put your hands on me.
Speaker 3: In an aggressive manner.
Speaker 10: Austin Metcalf got exactly what he deserved.
Speaker 2: Let's bring in journalists and filmmaker Army Horowitz. Army that is just Ashley is sick. That poor kid was murdered at a sporting event. He died in his twin brother's arms after being stabbed to death, and people are raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for his kill.
Speaker 14: Yeah, or Carmelo Anthony. And I'm not talking about the Kamalo Anthony who stabbed that student death. I'm talking about NBA offensive legend and defensive liability Carmelo Anthony, who was recently elected to the Hall of Fame. But if you look up Carmelo Anthony all again is the other guy whose family was a big enough fan of Melos to name him after the NBA legend with a weird enough name, but not weird enough for them. They had to change the name from Carmelo with a C to Carmelo with the K. We're not here to talk about that. We're here talking about the pathology of the left to raise money for this kid. But that's that's in line with the normalization and defense of violence that we've seen from the left over the last few years. Right, I mean Mangioni also raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for his defense after he murdered a healthcare executive. Or people going out and defending the left who have been burning down Tesla dealerships and burning Tesla cars. This is what we're finding from the left. This is unfortunately not abnormal, but it is sick. It is disgusting.
Speaker 2: Now, I've played in lefties this week, footage of these protests across the country and how old many of the participants appear to be. Gen Z seems to have better things to do.
Speaker 3: Where the is gen Z?
Speaker 7: These people are cheering, they're talking like it's just the sixties.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's a gen Z who did show up and was wondering where the other young people? Where are they are? We why are so many of these protests seem to be full of older Americans.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but the way I'm assuming you say gen Z, I mean gen Z, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 14: I don't speak Australian, I speak American.
Speaker 2: It's the English language. Johnny plays, Yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: You're talking about.
Speaker 14: Yeah. So look, let me push back a little bit in the sense that there's no question that gen Z is the most supportive of the Palestinians of all the generations. Right, A majority, a clear majority of gen Z support the Palestinians over the israelis a first time we've had that flip. In fact, more than almost a quarter, actually more than a quarter of gen Z feel that the war against Hamas is not justified, a fifty percent increase than the rest of the population.
Speaker 4: Of the United States.
Speaker 14: So they are supportive of the Pastinian cause. But why are they not out there as much of older people is very is an interesting question and we don't really have an answer. I can posit a couple of theories that I have. So, first of all, with gen Z, there is a significant gender gap. So there are if you go out there, the younger people, you do see out there are all female, none of the male, which kind of comports with what's happening with gen Z politically generally, where there is a split politically, and you see gen Z men, gen Z boys men are actually a majority of them. For the first time, in fact thirty six years, I have moved decisively to the Republican side of the Ledger. And I'll also give you this theory that I came up with is that gen Z was born or came to work right, came to adulthood and a time of great job uncertainty, that they hit the job market when COVID hit right. They're in the job market when inflation unemployment out of control under Joe Biden. I think they feel a lot of uncertainty with their job security and don't feel comfortable going out and protesting when they've got better things to do, like work and try to make a living.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I was talking there about the anti Trump protests across the country. Interesting that you thought I was talking about the anti Israel protests, because I think there's pretty much the same crowd of people. So with that, it's the one circle, exactly the same ones we see every single time. The pussy hat brigade, the BLM marches. It's the same crowd. Now, let's talk about the real East. The Kafia is Yeah, well, it's becoming a common occurrence at these left wing protests, whether they're for the environment or whether they're from Middle East politics. Now, President Trump has said that US and Iran will hold direct talks later this week. Army, where are these negotiations for a new nuclear deal? Is Iran hopeful of getting one? Because if they don't come to the negotiating table, things could get ugly with what Israel and America have been talking that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's really fascinating. And of course he talked about that while Nata Yawho was sitting next to him. And now, unlike Zealinsky, certainly didn't make the mistake of pushing back against President Trump, certainly not there in public. But I think there are a number of very significant differences between what these talks might look like and the talks that Obama had before. First of all, I'll give you a quick story that when the negotiations with Obama were being done with the Iranians, I was in Vienna during those talks, and first of all, I want to let you know that the US and Irani negotiators were at the most expensive hotel in Vienna that cost over one thousand dollars a night. I thought that was kind of interesting US taxpayer dollars. I stated, the Marriott across the street that was less than one third of that price, but they chose not to stay there with me, and I spent a weekend speaking with the Iranian and US nuclear negotiators and over drinks with the US negotiators. I found it fascinating. And this is kind of the crux of the problem here is that they were in La La Land when we're when we were having a frank talk about Iran pursuing a nuclear weapon. They looked at me and they said, we're experts in this. You're a no one, and we don't know that Iran has made a decision to pursue a nuclear weapon. How do you know that. I was looking at them saying, is the sky blue? I do I really that out of it that you're negotiating with the Iranians and you're not even sure they're pursuing a weapon. That's first of all. Second of all, so I trust Iran. The US Trump negotiators certainly way more than the Obama negotiators. These are the same people who brought to you the Abraham A Corps, so they have a track rod of a success. But also I think that this negotiation is also giving a certain amount of cover that negotiations don't end well. That I believe there's a credible threat of violence, and that may come from night States attacking Iran, but rather giving Israel the green light to do so. Having said we negotiated, we went to the table with good faith, they rejected it. So I think that's also part of.
Speaker 3: The play here.
Speaker 14: I'll also note that Nata Yahoo is the second time he sat in the Oval Office with the President who announced negotiations with the Iranians. This time he was told in advance of this from the beginning before they began, as part of the process, a silent partner, if you will, as opposed to twenty thirteen, when he sat there and Obama announced it totally blind signing NATA Yahoo, which only found out then that they had five months of seecret negotiations without Israeli inputs. So there are two very very different things. I certainly trust the Trump team way more than Biden or Obama on negotiating with the Iranians.
Speaker 2: Well, one thing you can say about the Trump team, they're not going into these negotiations being dangerously naive. And the Obama team, from what you've said and what others others have observed, they were just completely played, Army, they were completely played, and it shows they had kave Iran a very very advantageous still and we know Iran is the chief sponsor of hermas Hezbullah all sorts of Mayhem caused because of the Iranian regime beyond Iran's borders. Army Horowitz, it's always always a pleasure. Thanks for your time tonight. We mind still to come. Well, look at some of the mad activism happening on university campuses. Corey DeAngelis joins me next, welcome back. Joining me now is American Culture Project senior fellow and school choice advocate Corey DeAngelis. Corey, let's start in the once great state of Colorado, which, in the lead up to the twenty twenty four election try to remove Donald Trump from the ballot. Talk about threats to democracy. Well, the mad Colorado Democrats are at it again. Let's hear from Republican Javis Caldwell explain what's happening.
Speaker 6: And what they want to do with this bill is say that if they confuse your children and you don't affirm that confusion, they will take your child from you. That bill passed the House Representatives on party lines today. It's now going to the Senate. So you need to reach out to your senators. You need to reach out to the governor of Colorado and let them know that you're not okay with this.
Speaker 2: So Corey, let me get this straight. House Democrats have passed a bill that classifies mis gendering your own child as child abuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly right. It's straight out of nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 3: It's Orwellian.
Speaker 1: The Colorado Democrats have just lost their minds, and now you have the inmates running the asylum. Asylum they pushed through this bill, and they also voted to invoke something called Rule sixty, which silences all debate from descent. So they just rammed this through. They know it's an unpopular issue for them. They didn't want viral clips to go around of them trying to defend this defenseless position. They basically think they own your kids. They even have one Democrat from Colorado in Committee on this same bill, a representative compared parent groups to the KKK and called them hate groups. This just shows you they don't respect frontal rights and they I hope they lose some seats on this issue because they've gone so far left. It's basically socialist takeover of parents, and parents aren't going to stand for it.
Speaker 2: It is crazy. So you could have a little I don't know, a nine year old come to you and say I want to be a boy, and if you don't respect that choice and you miss jinda that child and cool a girl who's a girl a girl, then that is classified as child abuse. I mean, I just don't know how this is going to work. I'll be interesting to see what Pam Bondi makes of this. Here is the Attorney General explaining that the state of Maine will face the consequences of allowing men in women's prison, and those consequences are going to be costly.
Speaker 15: We pulled all nine es central funding from the Department of Corrections in Maine because they were allowing a man in a woman's prison, A giant six foot one, two hundred and forty five pound guy who committed a double murder with a knife stabbed his parents to death and.
Speaker 2: The family dog.
Speaker 15: And he identified as a woman, so they were letting him be housed in a female prison. No longer, we will pull your funding. We will protect women in prison, we will protect women in sports, We will protect women throughout this country.
Speaker 11: No more of that.
Speaker 2: It may seem crazy that could be happening in a civilized country, but Corey, it may be interested to now it's happening right here where I am in Victoria, in Australia. We've got a sexual predator with a male body that identifies as female in our biggest women's prison, right here in Melbourne. This madness has to stop. And it's good to see Pam BONDI take a stand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm thankful for her leadership. I'm thankful for the leadership from President Trump. He ran on parental rights, he ran on there only being two genders, male and female. He ran on reality, not on insanity. And he's leading the way. And you think Maine is bad, you think places like California are bad. When it comes to the socialist takeover Colorado, politicians are basically saying, hold my beer, We're going to try to one up you.
Speaker 3: They passed that bill on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: They also rammed through taxpayer funded abortions and some other bills as well that are just totally indefensible, and they got to lose seats over this.
Speaker 3: I mean, just the.
Speaker 1: Boys playing girl sports issue. That is an eighty twenty issue. People want to understand real biology and to respect women's sports. But the Democrats here in the US and the Senate, they all voted against protecting women's.
Speaker 3: Sports just a couple of weeks ago. It's they've gone totally looning tunes.
Speaker 2: They haven't. They keep doubling down on this eighty twenty issue. In fact, I reckon it's probably ninety ten. I think there's the rest of those who pretend to be on site with the radical gender ideologues. I think are just doing it to I don't know, to seem like they're progressive or to be backing their side when it really comes to the crunch. They don't believe that you can change genders. Now, Corey, I played some footage last week of a university lecturer overturning at table set up by college Republicans or the University of Wisconsin. I think it was tell me what happened there. The cher the English department of that university has been placed on administrative leave. We understand has he made admissions or apologies for what happened there.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen anything since he's been put on administrative leave.
Speaker 3: He basically is hiding under a rock at this point. But look at this.
Speaker 1: I mean, these are the people who are trying to educate young adults at school. I actually looked up at this guy. He is the chair of the English department. He has been put on administrative leave after throwing a temper tantrum because those students were the college Republicans tabling for the Republicans who were running for office that day.
Speaker 3: He did this on an election day.
Speaker 1: That's a threat to democracy if I ever saw one.
Speaker 3: He's interfering with elections.
Speaker 1: And he also is a big proponent of critical race theory. This is the obvious results of these kind of Marxist ideologies where they tell you that your opponents that disagree with you are e and so they resort to violence all too often. It's part of their ideology, and it's why we need to root this dangerous ideology out of schools at the K twelve level and also the colleges, and Trump has ran on defunding DEI initiatives, they're already starting to do it, and he's also started to pull funding from different universities, and so it's a good first step. This University of Wisconsin needs to clean up their act too, and not have professors like this running the show.
Speaker 2: Well, let's have a look at another university and how the lefties behave there. This is UC Davis, University of California Davis. Last week, they attacked and destroyed a Turning Point USA display and also attacked conservative students. Get in there, get Corey. As you saw there in that footage, the police just stood around watching the display being destroyed and students being attacked. Is that a fairly common occurrence on university campuses?
Speaker 1: I mean, those Antifa dorks must have been educated in government schools where they learned critical race theory ideas that everyone that they disagree with must be evil people that they had to engage in violence with.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's part of the story here.
Speaker 1: But yes, the security or police officers weren't doing a dang thing to protect the Turning Point USA students. Either those officers were told to stand down or they disagreed with the turning point USA students, or maybe they're just protected by a union that you know protects the least common denominator. Do you see the same kind of issues with the teacher unions in the public school system.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's a simil problem.
Speaker 1: With the government police officers that aren't facing accountability. I mean, these guys should be held accountable. They're on camera not doing their job. I mean, there's got to be some accountability. I respect police, especially when they're doing a good job. They keep our community safe. But when you have evidence of something like this happened where they're just not doing a bunch of anything, you've got to draw the line somewhere and they need to.
Speaker 3: Do a better job.
Speaker 2: You've said it. Well there, Corey Deangelus, Thanks for your time tonight, and that's all the time we've got. I'll see you tomorrow at eleven. Newsnight is up next.