Speaker 1: Get morning every day.
Speaker 2: Oh, welcome to the podcast and it's a good place to be because we've got the tay Te code word.
Speaker 1: For you in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Yes, but let's talk all things woman. Whoo che chat very interesting this morning, involving what you can and what you shouldn't keep from your exes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely fascinating the sheer volume of people who keep items from their exes unashamedly.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't surprise you many people to know that news reader Abby features prominently in this chair.
Speaker 2: Joe, really, it is so time for it.
Speaker 3: Let's go girl. O MG, it is so time for a chiccho.
Speaker 1: So time for a checkout.
Speaker 4: Producer Zoe is on the sicklist this morning, So producer Emma joins us, do you want to say your age and your marital status?
Speaker 1: I don't need to know my age.
Speaker 3: Let's describe yourself a little bit.
Speaker 1: Can you like long walks on the beach? Cocktails?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Early thirties?
Speaker 4: Engaged even though everyone assumes that I'm married. Yeah, definitely not married. And I've got a little almost two year old home, little Maxi boo yet terror very cute last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys missed him, so cute, It's very cute.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're best friends. And we've got Auntie Abby from room as well. Yes, Auntie too. A couple of gorgeous little girls.
Speaker 5: Yes, well there's seven in total, but Zara and Miller you're my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, happily single in your thirties. And so here we are. The question today, memorabilia from your ex? How much of it can you keep?
Speaker 1: Is that the right word?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: You keep from your memorability letters?
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever, cards.
Speaker 4: Either, yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, well controversial.
Speaker 5: I have actually kept a ring this not an engagement ring.
Speaker 1: No, but it's worth like two and a half grand.
Speaker 5: So I asked my ex do you want it back? He said no, So I.
Speaker 1: Still wear it right on what finger on? Not my marriage finger obviously.
Speaker 3: The middle finger.
Speaker 5: But I kept the ring and he also bought technically the dog Tory and I kept her as well.
Speaker 1: I did say to him, do you want to have visits? And he said, and I will just.
Speaker 2: Leave it here.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now, looking back, I don't blame him, but yeah, controversially I've kept that. I don't have from any other exes, though, I don't think I've kept anything.
Speaker 1: So when you look at that ring, do you think of him?
Speaker 5: Nah, I guess yes, every now and then, like we are still there's been a few messages since we've split, which was years ago, and he's in a new relationship now blah blah blah. So yeah, I don't look at it. It was always a ring. He said, you know, what do you want for your birthday? And I said, oh, you know, I just would like a nice ring that I can wear all the time. Yeah, so he went and splurge two and a half grand on this baby.
Speaker 1: Well, why would you not wear it?
Speaker 2: But okay, let me play devil's advocate here. How do you think his new partner would feel about you wearing the ring that he brought you?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm assuming she doesn't know to be honest, right, but if my, but if my, like, I wouldn't be happy if I'd found out that the guy that I was seeing his mix or X yeah x misso x x X missus out of ring that he'd.
Speaker 1: Bought her, then I'd be a bit like what's going on here?
Speaker 2: A right?
Speaker 1: And yet you are showing no signs of taking it off? No, because I love it. It's a really nice ring. It is a nice run I get lots of comments on this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Well I also have a few rings that I was given from X's and this might be a little bit weird, but I have my great grandmother's engagement ring that has like a like the shape of a flower, and one of the diamonds has actually come out of it. So I was looking in my jewelry box the other day and one of the rings that I had from an ex has little diamonds in it that's perfect size.
Speaker 3: So that goblin from that lord of the ring.
Speaker 1: Why would you get rid of jewelry. I don't wear it, but it's there.
Speaker 4: But I'm wondering, is it weird if I use one of those diamonds to replace one in my great.
Speaker 1: I think that's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think now if I've still got my old wedding ring, because I initially was going to keep it to give it to our daughter, So might put it in a necklace.
Speaker 1: No offense, but kind of cursed because you guys, wow split up?
Speaker 2: Say it because you guys got divorce and you failed in your marriage failed.
Speaker 5: I think you said you would make it into like a neckplace or something. I think that's okay. I think it's not giving the ring going here, you go. We had a failed marriage, but you can, but you can now use it for your wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and I did the other day. I've got like a box of photos, and I did. I found an old photo of us, and I thought, oh, that's not going to be very pleasant for my It was an old wedding photo, can be very pleasant for mine.
Speaker 3: You yes, and heads up, don't keep that. Don't keep that. No, you don't put that in a frame.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going to frame it.
Speaker 3: Most recent wedding.
Speaker 1: Did you rip it up and throw it out?
Speaker 5: I think maybe your issue. Don't leave it on your bedside table.
Speaker 1: That's a bit.
Speaker 3: Most definitely will not a thirteen twenty four ten. So is it okay to keep things, even if it's physical things and some of these things that remind you of your ex?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Memorability?
Speaker 3: What about Jodey's saying memorabil before me, Like, that's not memorbili. She's like, what am I supposed to do this? As she's patting her gray nickels that she collected from mid nineties, ashes to it.
Speaker 1: It's just a baggy grain.
Speaker 3: It's fine, it's a bag What am I going to do with this thing? Give us a call? So thirteen twenty four ten? Is it okay to keep things from your ex? It's going to remind you of your ex. But maybe there's some of those things were I can't throw it out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it feels odd to destroy it.
Speaker 3: Put it that way.
Speaker 1: Let's go turkey or good morning? What have you kept?
Speaker 6: I have kept an active wear T shirt?
Speaker 3: It was an added ass one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think.
Speaker 6: It was okay because it turns out, and I found out towards the end of our relationship it was actually his exes.
Speaker 3: Wow, what Hey? What a journey this shirt has had.
Speaker 1: Isn't it? I know it's seen some stuff that added as T shirt?
Speaker 2: Hasn't it been through two breakups?
Speaker 4: Just a hood of the traveling T shirt?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to golf. Is it okay to keep something from your ex?
Speaker 2: Definitely?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: What have you kept?
Speaker 4: Nintendo?
Speaker 3: Yes, spoke antender, And you didn't regret it for a second? Did you not? One bit?
Speaker 1: Right? Did he look at that for my boys?
Speaker 6: And yeah, they would love playing the Mario World game?
Speaker 4: And they're like, did he want it back? I didn't even know?
Speaker 3: No, thanks, but one. That's good. What are the games we've got? Just the Mario will Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Mario Well, I think he's got like four or five games within the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very nice, Thanks very much for the X forgiveness not permission, so true.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Kayla? What did you keep?
Speaker 6: I kept a ten thousand dollar cut and a seven hundred dollar gaming chair whoa not.
Speaker 1: Gaming thing?
Speaker 3: Not the gamer? You what sort of games we talk in there? Kayla?
Speaker 6: I'll go online multiplayers though, Apex, you know, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, those sort of ones.
Speaker 3: All right, Now, I've only got Mario cart music. I'd be fine as.
Speaker 6: Well, love Marga.
Speaker 4: Kayla, and a ten thousand dollars car. Was there any sort of attempts to get that back?
Speaker 6: We did have the conversation, but he just went, you know what, you keep it. I'm just going to cut my losses a numb one. So yeah, right, I'm not going to be mad about it. Yes, same thing as I don't think of him. I think of pretty cut.
Speaker 1: You keep cut? Thanks Kaylor. One more Michelle, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning. What do you good?
Speaker 1: What did you keep? Michelle?
Speaker 3: I kept an engagement ring?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I he asked for it.
Speaker 3: That's a nice said, No, I.
Speaker 2: Really like that.
Speaker 1: Plus it's worth a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Wow, can you reveal how much it's worth?
Speaker 4: Ten thousand?
Speaker 1: And do you still wear it? Michelle?
Speaker 6: No, No, it's in the jewelry box.
Speaker 3: Just I don't know.
Speaker 6: It was a bit of like I guess what you said, memorabilia.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I really loved that ring. But you know, one day I might need that ten thousand dollars. One day Michelle was just going to shop down to cash convert. This is a ten thousand dollar ring. We'll give you two hundred.
Speaker 3: Dollars actually, damn it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, Michelle, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: A right fun lab package to give away.
Speaker 1: You like well, I like the added.
Speaker 3: Ask T shirt.
Speaker 1: Yes, just been through a couple of breakups.
Speaker 3: Hey, you've got a little price for two hundred dollar fun lab package for you.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Mario Oka checked a bit of Mario there for donor. Thank you so much for you.
Speaker 3: Call We'll go friends. Congratulations finding the podcast. I know what you want. She just ow beautiful player to listen to some wholesome content and the code word for text for tayte textas through and I full Doublene one nine. The word is me. You bought's the word?
Speaker 4: What if?
Speaker 2: You can book your hotel now and choose to pay when you get there.
Speaker 3: With thousands of flexible booking options in select days, you're only a what if away from your next holiday.
Speaker 1: Look on the what if?
Speaker 4: What if? It's Dozzy for travel. Now, that's a job.
Speaker 3: That's a joke. That's a job, job, a terrible job. It's ohious crack, a bit of a joke. But we just led so fearlessly and courageously by new three Abby issues.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, Good morning.
Speaker 5: All right, mine is a little bit longer today, so try and keep up. Okay, see I'm looking at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking at you because now you're a blonde. I know.
Speaker 1: So now now I can do this joke.
Speaker 5: So anyone who gets upset, I'm a blonde, so don't get us set. Yeah, okay, already am I kicking?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: A blonde pays for an economy ticket and moves to first class. When the plane takes off, the flight attendant tries to move her, and she's like, nap.
Speaker 1: Go away, I'm not moving.
Speaker 5: So it goes back and forth a few times before The flight attendant heads into the cockpit. She says to the pilot, what am I going to do this? Blonde woman won't move out of first class? The co pilot says, it's okay, I speak blonde as my wife is once. So off he goes, and she moves back to economy. What did you say to herd, the flight attendant asks, I said first class wasn't going to Toronto?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, criss.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I got It's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a little short one today, but I quite like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Good.
Speaker 2: Did you hear about the two people who stole the calendar? Each got six months?
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Wow, what a man's playing?
Speaker 3: Sure one for you. So just to kick you off in a bit of a different direction in trouble this, but we'll see what happens. What does the rock do when he goes to the toilets?
Speaker 1: The rock as in the rocks.
Speaker 3: In as in the actor the Rock.
Speaker 1: Yes, he has a lot of proteins. Might be a bit worried about his Yeah anyway movement. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, different direction, he dunes, he's Johnson, Wow, you get out, you get it? So what's going on here?
Speaker 1: When that's actually good from you, my nine.
Speaker 3: Are you the rock? And is that true?
Speaker 1: Are you do wanning your jobs? You're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 3: What's the news today?
Speaker 1: Snooze news.
Speaker 2: Oh, there can be a lot of information that can all be overwhelming. So we have condensed the news into three little swift stories that will get you three in morning.
Speaker 3: Let's start right at the top of echelon and that is news read Abby, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 5: A really sad one this morning the South Australian community and I think everyone would have been affected by this story somehow. But Grant Stephen's youngest son, Charlie Stevens, was allegedly hit and killed by a car down at Goolwa while celebrating schoolies. The eighteen year old teenager who is accused of the incident, he's fronting court today. It was just a horrific weekend on our roads. We're up to the death toll is now one hundred and one and you think about not just the people killed, but the people behind the wheel and all of that sort of thing. All of these families just shattered. So yeah, tributes are still flowing.
Speaker 1: Charlie.
Speaker 5: Just some of the stuff I've read just an absolute beautiful, beautiful young man.
Speaker 1: So this is a really tough one.
Speaker 5: If anyone's struggling, if you do need help, please reach out Lifeline thirteen eleven fourteen.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what just.
Speaker 5: A tragic, tragic incident and a horrible weekend on our roads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a horrible weekend, horrible forty eight hours for police as well who lost one of their own. And then for Grant Stevens to front the media on Friday and talk about schoolies and road safety and.
Speaker 1: Then to have that happen to his family is just utterly tragic.
Speaker 2: But we will talk about that a little bit later in the show because I think we need to reflect the fact that say feels a bit broken over this one. Yeah, it's impacted everyone.
Speaker 3: It's brought about a lot of conversations with me and friends and particularly my mates who've got kids. You're starting to think about already schoolies and everything that comes with it. It's just a really really scary time. So yeah, yeah, you're right, we'll talk about these stuff so after seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, in more tragic news, a fan has died at Taylor Swift's Airs Tool concert in Brazil. So she was a young female and she died before the show in Rio de Janeiro on Friday night, their local time, and I think it was heat related. But she sat in her dressing room and pender later and said, I'm just not going to be able to perform tonight, and I'm making this heartbreaking decision to pull the pin.
Speaker 5: There are a few videos circulating of Taylor struggling herself to breathe while she was up on stage. And obviously we know that her concerts go for so long. Yeah, so yeah, temperatures were just exceeding like one hundred degrees or something.
Speaker 4: It was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so there's a video of her actually.
Speaker 2: Heaving on stage trying to suck back in all the oxygen. So yeah, I hope she's okay, and very very sad news for that fan as well.
Speaker 3: Well boy, all right, in better news, Australia has won the Cricket World Cup finish. She's singing on a positive right. I reckon it was Australia, of course, when in as big underdogs on homes as well India. It was absolutely I'm looking at this thing going, this is set up, yeah for a verrut Coli century and an Indian wines and for the entire nation to absolutely go off its face. Yeah, yeah, I saw was India.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you some credit here because I said to you last week with the whole Coli situation that no one's beating India. Yeah, no one's beating India at home. And I said to you, who needs to make runs? And you said, well, obviously you know the big show. However, outside of that, our boy Travis Head, and that's exactly what it did.
Speaker 3: Did I say that?
Speaker 1: You did say that?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. I think I also said as well that I think India is definitely going to win. But then I did after that say when I say big statements like that and never come true. Yeah, so I'm trying to jinx myself.
Speaker 2: Well just take it, mate, because on this occasion you correctly predicted what happened.
Speaker 3: But had they won, I would have said, I told you so. Yeah, it's a win win situation exactly right. Six week a win and you're Travis Head Sentry. They're calling it one of the greatest One day final innings of all time. Joints ponting Gilchris for a ton of World Cup Final Happy days. And I'll tell you what I would not mind being Travis Head's manager agent as he starts to negotiate new contracts SIPIL Cricket Australia. That would be a fun room to be in.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it? Just name your price?
Speaker 4: Trap?
Speaker 3: All right, that's a post that snooze news fifteen.
Speaker 2: Machine QUI, Yeah, I mean, look, I can't confirm this, but there are reports that he went to the Strathmore last night and watched the cricket.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about you, Oh, I'll talk about six fifteenth machine. Wow, what a mess? What a hot mess?
Speaker 1: Hot mess?
Speaker 2: Just come straight from Heinley Street into work to be fair though, jam packed full of prizes, So some good stuff.
Speaker 3: In there swimming in amongst about fifteen vodka red Bulls. Yeah, you get to the stage where you're like, I may never recover from this hangover ever again if you have drink vodka red Bulls.
Speaker 1: So true? All right, let's play, shall we? Let's go to Nicole from Clearview? Hi? Nicole, Hi?
Speaker 6: How are you good?
Speaker 1: Do you know how this works? Three questions?
Speaker 2: You get the third one right, you get a crack at the vending machine? Yeah, who is willing?
Speaker 1: Just to roll over and give you whatever you want today. Such is the state. Okay.
Speaker 2: Question number one, Nicole, what animals are pearls found in oyster?
Speaker 3: Oh? Gosh, particularly good time. Remember we spoke about that story about the girl who went on a date and ate forty eight oysters and it was with her ditter. I got forty eight oysters in my gus.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't imagine why? All right, Nicole? What nineties TV show is this theme song from?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 3: What a show? X Files? Were you watching as well? Nicole? And you're like molder Dana.
Speaker 1: Just get it on, just do it on the tensions ridiculus.
Speaker 3: The attention is out of control. Thanks me. It was about third and four my life anyway.
Speaker 2: Number three Nicole Hungry Jax is known by which name in other countries?
Speaker 6: Three burg?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Sorry?
Speaker 4: Burger?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why am I even thinking about that?
Speaker 2: I'm Canadian? I know.
Speaker 3: You from that part of the world.
Speaker 1: Whereabouts in Canada?
Speaker 6: From Nicole, I'm from Vancouver, but I haven't been back in a long time. I'm pretty much boldy now I've been here for twenty three years.
Speaker 1: You still sound very Canadian. What a beautiful part of the world, all right?
Speaker 2: Okay, I need you to select a letter between A and C please, I'll go A okay, and a number between two and six.
Speaker 3: Four A four A four great? Job like the paper? Ahes like the paper? Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: The vending machine will be this morning, Nicole, So far good.
Speaker 3: I expected the many machine to vomit that out.
Speaker 2: We're good, Nicole, so good? You want a family past to the Adelaide. Thirty six is this week.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, amaye, you'll love it.
Speaker 1: I honestly had the best time on Friday night. It is so good. The atmosphere inside the Entertainment Center rock.
Speaker 3: It would be amazing, Nicole. Never are you old enough that you were around when the Vancouver Grizzlies we're around? Yeah yeah, did you ever go to a Grizzlies gun?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately not.
Speaker 4: I've been here for twenty three years, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Well, you're gonna love it. Don't miss the new look.
Speaker 2: Thirty six is on Saturday, December ninth, as they take on cans type hands at the Entertainment Center.
Speaker 1: It's hot aest stick in town. Tickets from tick a tak what on? Nicole?
Speaker 6: Thank you so much?
Speaker 3: Great into all the best good stuff. Two things I love in this world Joe's that is a cold beer on a Friday night, and an altercation with the in laws. Sometimes they go hand in hand.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what's happening.
Speaker 3: Wow, So some footage has been leaked of a video that's been uploaded an incident in the States that happened a couple of years ago. The audio I'm about to play you is just outrageous. You need to pitch yourself at a wedding and listening, be a spectator. But listen while the in laws of this particular bride absolutely banana. So the caption headlines with a mother in law has ruined her son's wedding by interrupting this ceremony to yell at the bride, berating her for jokingly referring to her son's flaws in her vows. And that's what happens. You have a bit of fun day, a bit of a oh I know, he's awful, he's going to be an awful husband. He's got mankey toes ha And everyone laughs and the husband sort of cries, but like everyone's laughing, so you're happy on happy, happy wife. Like the bride finishes her vows only for the mother in law to begin heckling her from the front row, criticizing her for claiming the groom has flaws. Amids nervous laughter from other guests, The bride tells her mother in law she can leave, to which the woman tells, no, I don't have to leave. That dress you're wearing we paid for. Have her listened to that? Oh my god, have a listened to this and just feel the tension and be that person in the background who feels nice and awkward. You my son has flaws that treasures come. You're not going to ruin my wa.
Speaker 6: Wow, you can get out of my wedding now.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's pressure.
Speaker 6: Get her out of here.
Speaker 3: This is not right. You don't know how to have like an adult. It's not about you. She's in love with your son, Tony. Get her out of here.
Speaker 1: That's terrific. Shut up Tony's moum.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, your head in how much the things that make you realize how sometimes like you are if you've got good in laws. Yes, my mother in law is just an absolute saint. Yeah, beautiful Scottish one.
Speaker 1: Every sing what's her name?
Speaker 3: Julie, Julie?
Speaker 4: You love Julie.
Speaker 3: Julie is the second mother to my kids. She's a very very good gramdmar and I've got mates say that I've got issues with the in laws. Yes, and it's overstepping boundaries or probably a lot of it comes to parenting as well.
Speaker 2: I think so, I think, I think you do run into trouble when the in law start to tell you how to parent. And I have to say, my mother in law, Janet is just the most magnificent woman. However, but she thinks, no, she's so wonderful. She does so much for us and the family and the kids and the girls. However, she genuinely thinks that my husband and I agree are blithering idiots when it comes to.
Speaker 4: Parenting, so she will she will just spend some.
Speaker 2: Fairly captain obvious advice.
Speaker 1: So it'll be stuff.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, if you two are going out for the day, make sure you give the dogs some water.
Speaker 4: It's like, I'm not a moro on Janet.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you very much, Janet. Appreciate the help, but seriously, just stay in your lane. If you've got a tricky in law, she'd love to hear from me full double nine one nine nine one nine. We don't have any issues, but give us one of those cringe stories. Oh you think if it happened at a wedding as well, and that's all that everyone's going to talk about at the winning.
Speaker 2: Well at one hundred percent, that woman just ruined her son's wedding to.
Speaker 3: Get her out of here.
Speaker 7: Birsday.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's go to Kate from Mitcham.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Kate, Good morning Hillari.
Speaker 1: How was your weekend?
Speaker 4: Oh fantastic, looking forward to a fifew weeks at work, awtume weekend.
Speaker 6: The weather was great.
Speaker 1: It was so good, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Kate Flinder's Medical Center.
Speaker 1: Oh nice?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I just need to confirm that you were born on the fourth Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: The hazy, super tense about this?
Speaker 3: What's your heart rate doing?
Speaker 4: The you?
Speaker 3: What about China? I've never played this before.
Speaker 6: I've never got through to a radio before.
Speaker 3: With a thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: All right, opening up the little envelope here.
Speaker 3: Kate, bring it on, Bring it on.
Speaker 4: Okay, Kate. Were you born on the fourth of May?
Speaker 1: Oh, no, on the fourth of March?
Speaker 2: Got those Yeah, it's okay. You've still picked up one hundred dollar barbecue Oudelai web stores about you because Barnes is going to take.
Speaker 4: Care of you.
Speaker 6: Oh wonderful Franks, thanks very much.
Speaker 3: You're so welcome, very welcome. They catch our barns and seeing the all new webecue Barbecue Adelaid webstares, jeps cross my land, prepared to get lit. It's a fourth and may, wasn't it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, May the fourth be with you?
Speaker 3: Oh the fourth be with you. Star Wars Day done, very nice. Not too many Star Wars fans here except for camera guy Josh. Yeah, you have a big old NERD's sad. It's fine since we live in his life. Very successful.
Speaker 2: What about that T shirt that he's gotten. We all think, oh, that's like a.
Speaker 4: Super cool NFL team or something, and it's like a super natural T shirt.
Speaker 3: Cool as that was birthday, pat Day. Chance to go a thousand bucks back tomorrow morning at eight. This is a bit of fun. As we head towards the Black Friday sales, why don't we just get some keen shoppers to go head to head against each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, this has got real prices, right vibes about it. Can you remember that game on price right where the yodler would go up.
Speaker 3: Here and then eventually saw a tip off and you're like, oh that was epic. What I found so intriguing? Price is rice and that look, maybe we'll see. Bit to this with price check is when someone says a price and then someone only app sit by like a few dollars. Yeah, so then you've only got like a couple of doors wiggle room, solid tactics, I mean, who do that?
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to Robin from Andrew's Farm. You're playing this morning. Good morning, Robin, Good morning?
Speaker 1: How good are you with prices?
Speaker 3: Pretty good?
Speaker 2: Okay, that sounds good. Also, Vicky from Mobray Heights as well, Good morning.
Speaker 3: VICKI, Good morning guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, now you guys know how this works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, So the closest to the price without going over, we'll score a point with the best of three deciding our winner, and you walk away with the two hundred fifty dollars about you to shop at the Black Friday sales and the CBD.
Speaker 3: So what we're going to do is we're going to go Robin first. Yes, for all three times you can get to a third, because Robin got three first. Robin, can we just quickly ask you if you got some tricky sort of I don't know, dirty tactics when it comes to this. Well, you're setting the standard, actually, so you're gonna you're going to give us a price. So Robin's going to go first, and then we're going to see Vicky is just going to upper by one or two cents exactly more.
Speaker 4: That's not all right.
Speaker 2: Let's play nicely, okay, ladies, are you ready for the first item?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: How much is an Apple iPhone fifteen Pro one hundred and twenty eight gigabytes available at the Apple store in Rundle Moore.
Speaker 3: All right, Robin, what's your price?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll go one thousand, two hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 3: One thousand, two hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 7: Right, okay, this could be interesting.
Speaker 3: Vicky, what's your price fifteen pro?
Speaker 6: Or I'm going to say seventeen hundred.
Speaker 3: Seventeen hundred.
Speaker 1: A little person in the background there too, Vicky?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Sorry, Oh good, The Apple iPhone fifteen Pro is worth one eight hundred and forty nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Vicky, good stuff. She genuinely thought that you were going to say thirteen hundred.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go again. Let's go to you first.
Speaker 2: Robin, how much from Mecca is Laalabo Santel thirty three erdied pathoom in fifty mils.
Speaker 3: You've got thish, I've got this.
Speaker 2: So you walked past me one day and I smelt you. I was like, that is delicious.
Speaker 1: What are you wearing?
Speaker 3: Get off me, Joe, for goodness, say what I will say, ladies, this is a bit of a bit of a clue. I don't wear it very often because I'm too scared to wear it. It's one of the more expensive things that is in my bedroom.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, Robin, how much one hundred and fifty nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And Vicki? How much?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 3: Maca is expensive.
Speaker 1: They have expensive stuff. I'm going to say.
Speaker 2: Fifty Oh okay, interesting, that's very interesting.
Speaker 3: Valued at three hundred and sixty nine rather okay, all right, here's the big one.
Speaker 1: All comes down to this, you guys.
Speaker 2: Our third item, the R M Williams Comfort Craftsman boot.
Speaker 4: From the new RM Williams CBD store. Robin, how much.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go to ninety nine?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: VICKI, how much for the R and Williams Comfort Craftsman boot.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do a dollar more three hundred. That's the sort of tagnic set to get your head love to be honest, and you know what, But you know what, Robin, they're valued at six hundred and forty nine dollars, so there was a lot of wiggle room there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, well don VICKI, congratulations, that's so cool. Thanks guy, You've picked up a two hundred and fifty dollars vout. You to shop the Black Friday sales and the CBD breaking a sweat shopping is considered cardio adelaide.
Speaker 1: Black Friday starts this Thursday.
Speaker 4: Through to Sunday, with extended training until midnight on Friday.
Speaker 3: Good stuff for gee Fair, very controversial Jerdy and Hayes's price check Let's Play Again Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Watch wasn't an excellent occurrence on the weekend.
Speaker 2: It was the absolutely tragic, tragic death of Charlie Stevens, who was eighteen years old. Died at school is when he was allegedly the victim of a hit and run crash. He is, of course the son of Grant Stevens, who's our police Commissioner.
Speaker 1: I've spent a lot of time over the last forty eight.
Speaker 2: I was trying to work out why this one has hit hard and not just me, not just you, but every one universally across South Australia. Why this one has struck such a chord. Jess Adamson wrote a lovely article in the paper that I think summed it up. Grant Stevens has led us through some really difficult times over the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: He got us through a pandemic.
Speaker 2: Everyone loves Grant and I think to see bad things happen to good people is a really bitter pill.
Speaker 1: Just swallow.
Speaker 2: What went on that night? No one really knows. This young kid, Darren Randawah, will face the Christi's Beach Court today, so I would assume there'd be some more details about what happened that night. It does raise the question of schoolies, and I do want to say that in Counterbay youth do a wonderful job keeping the kids safe.
Speaker 3: But as a.
Speaker 2: Parent and as a mother, I do wonder if schoolies has had its time. Because on Friday Hazy I went along to the Franklin Street bust shelter there and I'm watching these girls with their absolute creates of of Seltzer's get on the bus and just my heart was like my heart was in my mouth because I just fear that we're creating this environment where bad things can happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, look, that's automatically a debate that's going to be ongoing. It's going to be ongoing for years and years, and schoolers has been around for as long as I can remember. I went to schools on the Gold Coast that went for a week, and when we're up there a kid fell off a balcony and died as well. It wasn't the first tragic accident, and unfortunately it would seem it's probably not get me to last. I'ment straight away across the weekend. A bunch of my mates we were talking about we we got young kids, and my kids are five, three and five weeks, so schoolies is a long time away. But even now you're start and think, oh, cheers, I'd like to just sort of half lock them up and not let them do some of these things. But we did it, they're going to want to do it. In terms of when you hit eighteen, go traveling, go to places where there's going to be poor use of alcohol, and unfortunately, yeah, I'd like to lock up my kids and not even expose them to things like that, but that's how it is. I think the other broad a question is the use of alcohol. Responsible use of alcohol, because obviously that's not what's going on there, but it's a recipe for disaster when kids cannot drink at all, at all aggressively, obviously until they're eighteen, all of a sudden, go eighteen, go nuts and drink in binge environments because you do it sounds ridiculous. You do need to learn how to drink. You need to know what you can handle. You need to know what alcohol's good for you, what alcol is really really bad for you, and that is that needs a crash course in itself.
Speaker 2: And you can sit there and you can talk to your kids about responsible drinking. Three drinks in all that goes out the window, isn't it. We all know as adults, and poor decisions are made. So yeah, there's a lot of questions around schoolies. My heart goes out to the Stephens family, who I can't imagine what Grant went through that day when he had to sit with the family of the poor police officer who was shocked and killed and then to get that phone call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it hits a nerve with most people because tragic incidents happen a lot, But when it's something as prominent as this, someone as prominent as Grand Stevens, that's when there's a connection with everyone. Because straight away, as soon as I the news, you start liking yourself that situation hat in hand. I have no idea, what's the hell I do if I was Grant Stephens in a situation like that, But it's just a shocking situation that you don't wish upon your worst enemy.
Speaker 2: So to Grant and his wife and all the siblings you know, sending you So I mean, I think the whole state is sending that family love because not one of us, as a parent, would wish that on your worst enemy, to receive that phone call to say that that has happened. So I think that's why as parents we can all relate, even not as parents. It's just a horrific situation and there are no words.
Speaker 3: There's no words, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Tom Wren joins us in the studio as always, and normally it's a bit of fun, but we just have to make mention of the fact that Tom, you have a real personal connection with the Charlie Stevens incident on weekend your steps on very close friends with Charlie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I heard you speak so eloquently and beautifully Jody about the situation and Hazy. And it's tough, isn't it, Because I think, you know, we've all gotten to know Grant so well after what he did through COVID and navigating the state, so it's really difficult, and I think we all feel like we know their family and you know, we've been the same. But we're also in the position where I guess physically, you know, we do know him because Charlie and Xavier, my step boy, went to school together and have been really close. They went to carpentry school together as well, which is part of the curriculum that they're in. And yeah, it was the last forty eight hours have sort of been a real blur. On Friday night, we got the phone call that Xavier said something had happened, and you know, as you mentioned before, it's the worst possible phone call you can ever sort of receive, and picked him up and that's when we received word on the on the way home going to the hospital that that unfortunately, you know, things were really bad and Charlie wasn't going to make it, so it was it was very harrowing. And to see you know, young men, Xavier and his friends, young boys that are you know, stepping into manhood and you know, trying to make their way, celebrating the time of their lives what's supposed to be. It's been really really traumatic and difficult for everyone.
Speaker 1: So Xavier was down at schools and then he called you.
Speaker 7: He called Sarah and said, you know, he was quite hysterical. He knew he wasn't actually with him at the time when the incident occurred with Charlie, and so he just wanted to be where Charlie was and he was obviously at the Flinders at that point. So he we got the phone call and Sarah said, Tom will come, Tom will come now. So I got there as fast as I could, and then another one of his friends wanted to be there as well, and yeah, you know, then unfortunately we got the phone call that he wasn't wasn't going to get through and was it was.
Speaker 3: It was really difficult. It was one of the.
Speaker 7: Hardest things, you know, I think I've ever experienced. But to Grant and them are in the family. I think, you know, we just want to extend, you know, the love that everyone is with them in this really difficult time. It's just no parents, as you say, should ever have to go through anything like this or should bury their child. And it's just it's just awful to think what they're going through at the moment.
Speaker 3: Mannie, thank you so much for sharing that. We do need to talk about some sports so we don't try and shift this in a bit of a different direction. We're going to play this and I need you to listen to the intro a week sports. Can you come over here, you give me a big kiss. We're right behind you, mate. That's seriously thank you for sharing that.
Speaker 7: No, I know doubis and look, it's so hard, isn't it. You know you can only imagine what the family is going through and you need to give them time to grieve, but also to put your arms around them. And I know the South Australian police community is really strong, but so it's the South Australian community and their love is there, but it's hard to know how to navigate it as a parent now, like we're sort of grappling with it every day, you know, just as someone associated with it, let alone someone that's in it.
Speaker 3: So it's tough.
Speaker 7: It's just difficult, you know, and I know a lot of people go through it, but it's really hard.
Speaker 2: But I mean as adults, as fully grown adults, we can't get our head around.
Speaker 4: Tragedy like this, so it mus be so difficult for.
Speaker 3: You to explain it to Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and even Zaby just asking, you know, the question to Sarah, do you think I'll be invited, you know, going to the funeral, and she said, I think you need to be.
Speaker 3: You know, he's just never.
Speaker 7: Dealt with grief before, and that it's you're going to be there, and you you know you're going to be You're going to be experiencing a lot of emotion.
Speaker 3: Rennie. Let's talk about something really really positive on the sports front, and that is the Ausies. What about it?
Speaker 7: I mean Travis Head probably the performance he's one of seven players now in history, with the likes of viv Richards, Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist and Clive Lloyd, to make one hundred in a World Cup final.
Speaker 3: One of the best performances.
Speaker 7: I was silly enough, you know, there's a bit of a distraction, stayed up the whole night, watched it. Got to bet at about three and it's it's I think the best innings I've seen and the proudest of you know, a south I was the innings to watch it live. I wish I was there, but goodness, it was breathtaking.
Speaker 1: Just a billion broken Indian.
Speaker 3: Halfs actually one point five actually had.
Speaker 7: The actually had the volume up four board and when he was hitting his shots, all you could hear was you couldn't hear a sound in the crowd.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful. What about you when you were watching last night and I just saw a halfing at something else and I'd hear an almighty cheer and you'd look over. It's just because we're on the union bats and the scored a single.
Speaker 7: Just neurded one down to third man. Yes, I look great effort. There's sixth World Cup triumph and Travis head back to back man of the match performances man at the match in the World Test Championship. I mean he's twelve months given that he was dropped nine months ago from the Test side, it's been phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Little a medal on the way for Travis he I.
Speaker 7: Think it could be. He'll almost be the ICC World Player of the Year, just about. He'd have to be close.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable stuff a forel W crows right back in the box seats.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and look they've got North Melbourne now, which is a huge game. So that's going to be difficult to weigh hazy given they slipped up the week before. But if anyone can do it, it's them doing it the hard way. So really good win. I think we expected them to bounce back, but you've still got to do it and they were uncomfortably So a good result and hopefully now two more to come.
Speaker 2: And also how shocking to have North Melbourne participate in finals?
Speaker 3: The hell? What's going on there? Yeah? You're not supposed to be blue and white?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 7: And great shout out as well to the thirty six is DJ vasilliwich on Friday night?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 7: He's good, isn't he?
Speaker 4: He's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a players like we love you, DJ and Deniel Johnson is looking up on the pie for the Phoenix and like.
Speaker 2: Tom and this will shock you. I got really fisty at the end of the game. I was going to I walked over to see a friend and this guy, this guy was yelling out DJ, you start because in Daniel Johnson Yes.
Speaker 1: And I turned around and went I went, come on mate like he was a great servant at the Adelaide.
Speaker 4: Thirty six's so and he goes, oh, well the years.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm what are you four?
Speaker 3: Turns out it was CJ B.
Speaker 1: That's a bit ROUGHJ.
Speaker 7: Come ONJ. She wasn't gonna reveal that on it, but it's out there now.
Speaker 2: Oh, Tommy Wren, we love you so much coming in this morning and really opening up about that situation because it's just horrific for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I love to kill you.
Speaker 7: Love to the Stevens family and to everyone who knew Charlie. He was a beautiful young man and just gone far too soon.
Speaker 3: Beautiful. Thank you Running