Speaker 1: Go get you morning every Dayayle Adelaide.
Speaker 2: You on the Telly and Jelly, you're on the bellie flying through the belly.
Speaker 3: See him nearly doing your show.
Speaker 4: Please welcome to the show, Joshua Shelley.
Speaker 3: Oh there he is.
Speaker 2: Welcome, great man, Josh Shelley.
Speaker 1: Good morning, guys, Good morning. Just about to go to training. Just limbering up, are you?
Speaker 5: Yes, I am. It was a bit high than in the Hammy sales are stretching a little bit.
Speaker 2: Don't talk to me about him.
Speaker 1: You did you see his hommy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Absolute mess grade three. They said your stock standing human Josh. They probably would have put them down. People.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about footy in just a moment, but I can't let this go.
Speaker 6: You wilt into you've struttled into the studio this morning and tell everybody what you're wearing on your feet. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I couldn't find my shoes in the car, and fortunately I had these beautiful looking berks with a backwards staff on it that a lot of the boys aren't happy with, especially Nick Maray in one. He absolutely hates.
Speaker 2: He's a proper he's a proper farm he'd probably be wearing writing boots.
Speaker 1: And you've chosen to pair them with a pair of socks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, black funds too. I think it kind of goes with the fit the brown and brown.
Speaker 2: I think you're kind of right to be honest with them.
Speaker 6: So Hazy likes to wear Birkenstocks socks all the time. I like to call them the flog clogs.
Speaker 2: That's not very fair. There's a but Tuda Advocate article it's proper weird unit. He thinks that these birken socks are accessible the proper form of closing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so true. But he at least you don't have the closed in ones.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know that much.
Speaker 1: Does anyone at the club wear those?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's pretty popular.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just never got around to the ones.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Fortunately you invested in that backstrap.
Speaker 2: For security, added security. Josh b game coming up tomorrow, and I also we love a debut on Billy Downing tell us about him because the.
Speaker 3: Experiences that we've had.
Speaker 2: Just a beautiful young man.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's he's very well liked within the groove. He's one of the most honest boys and he does everything right. So I think if you had a daughter and only wanted someone to marry someone in the team.
Speaker 2: Used to be Josh Shelby.
Speaker 1: Now, Josh, you're off the shelf, aren't you.
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, how long you've been taken for Josh?
Speaker 5: Nearly a year now yep?
Speaker 2: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: When you're anniversary? Do you know the date?
Speaker 5: A couple of days after Cardi's birthday? That's all I know?
Speaker 3: Okay, right, that works?
Speaker 6: Would she sorry, I can't let this guy. Would she describe you as romantic?
Speaker 7: Josh?
Speaker 5: I'd hope so, yeah, I think i'd be a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you going to plan anything for your one year anniversary?
Speaker 5: I think I'd have to do something big, but it's going to be hardkers her twenty first birthday a couple of days before, so I put all in one.
Speaker 1: It's your girlfriend only twenty one, that's so yeah, the same as me. Are you twenty one? You had your twenty first year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Just in April?
Speaker 1: Would you do?
Speaker 5: I had a massive party in the city after gather Round, so I had think nearly one hundred people there. So it was a great night.
Speaker 1: That would have been huge whereabouts?
Speaker 5: It was at the gallery? Oh, one of those of meom so.
Speaker 2: Josh, if you were just trying to set the scene with your girlfriend a romantic knight. I'm just just asking this question. You're really trying to get the mood going. Would you wear the burk?
Speaker 5: Depends on type vibe.
Speaker 6: God, let's talk about the crows and I guess you're copping a little bit of stick after the weekend.
Speaker 1: What's the feeling amongst the group?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we are because we went into that game hoping that we would win, especially we saw the next three weeks coming up after I lost couple of weeks ago. We pined those games in which said we need to kind of win the next three to obviously have a chance at the finals. And it's not ruled off, but yeah, it is kind of a deep reach.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, Josh, will let you go and we'll let you prepare for tomorrow nights. Always a pleasure.
Speaker 6: Just do a full football interview with no questions or football.
Speaker 2: I was that weird. It's a nice It's quite kind of refreshing. Hey, Josh, good luck tomorrow and arights. So I think you have a big win and we love chatting with you again in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Sounds good, thanks, Jose.
Speaker 3: Hey you there you go.
Speaker 1: He's what you're waking up to Adelaide, breaking news.
Speaker 3: What's in the news today, snooziness.
Speaker 6: Pretty heavy day outside of court yesterday for our Police Commissioner Grant Stephens.
Speaker 1: Aby, you've got all the latest.
Speaker 8: It was so they were back in court. Basically what's happened is the young man who was driving the car has pleaded guilty to a lesser charge, so instead of dangerous driving, it's been dropped to reckless driving or sorry, careless driving. So essentially it means that he still could face jail time. It could be as low as twelve months. Though he did write a letter as well to the Stevens family and we've got Police Commissioner Grant Stephens talking about that just outside of court.
Speaker 7: And we've also been handed a letter of apology, so we'll take time to read that and thank you for your understanding that we'll say more little out of time.
Speaker 8: Thank you for yeah, which was you know, fighting back tears and with the family and it's the first time they've been to court, or the second time they've been to court over this, so it's just, yeah, a horrible, horrible thing. Two families torn apart. Obviously, Charlie Stevens was killed at schoolies last year. Darren will be back in court in August when sentencing negotiations and all that stuff sort of starts. But yeah, essentially he could still still be behind bars for around twelve months.
Speaker 1: We have to wait and see what happens.
Speaker 6: We heard in the district court, not the magistrate's court, because of the fact that he ran away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of the collision.
Speaker 8: And I think that's the whole conversation that my parents, especially with grandkids, are having. You don't get intro like, if something happens and it's an accident, it's okay, But it's the not owning up to it straight away. It's the running away. It's the not going, oh my goodness, this has just happened. What can I do to help this person? Yeah, that's that's where the trouble comes in.
Speaker 1: Big life lesson though, isn't it. Oh massive? If you do mess up, you show up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the thing. You've got to put your hand up and take responsibilities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 8: So yeah, very sad story, but that's the outcome of yesterday large.
Speaker 2: Debate as well with schoolers in general. I don't know, I went to school as the Gold Coast where I went for a week. Yeah, and it was epic every single night for six or seven days. But I don't know now that I'm a parent and I kind of imagine my kids going up to schools and stuff, and I can so so now understand why when I was thinking of the school, it's just how much that Mum and dad, particularly Dad would sit me down and have this conversation. I was like, I'll be fine, I'll be fine before it makes you think.
Speaker 6: It was actually after the right before the Charlie Stevens death that I was actual the bus exchange for ten years first, and we were filming all these kids going off and they've all got their rescues, and I was looking at these young girls just through a mother's eyes, just going please be safe, like please take care of yourselves, you know, because you just and boys, because the combination of testosterone, alcohol, it's just yeah, it's I don't see the wisdom in assembling these kids in a space. I know it's supervised, and I know they've got the Green team, but making it okay for alcohol to be present, I just think it is so fraught with danger.
Speaker 2: That's the tough ones it's the instruction of alcohol aggressively like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like a crash course into binge drinking. Yeah, when you've just tasted alcohol for the first time, that's where it's dangerous.
Speaker 6: Speaking of alcohol, there is a move to ban alcohol on planes.
Speaker 2: This is one of the smarter moves, it would say.
Speaker 6: Well, a recent study is worn that drinking alcohol before falling asleep on a plane puts such strain on.
Speaker 1: The heart that it could be fatal. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, and the impact of alcohol on your blood in the air at that altitude is so much greater. Have you noticed that if you have a few drinks on a plane hits you harder?
Speaker 2: And I can I can honestly say, I've never been drunken airplane, haven't you. Yeah, I've had I've had flights. I've had one or two. I haven't really fried much of my life, to be honest.
Speaker 6: I think the international flights are where you can get yourself into trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I decided when I was young and silly to finish work at three am, and our flight to Bali was at seven am, and I thought, I'll just party go home, quickly pack and go get on the plane.
Speaker 1: Come on, not a good not a good idea. Let me tell you. Yeah, I think I know that.
Speaker 6: I am not that we're encouraging binge drinking here, but the norm used to be on sports trips, in particular, to go through duty free. If you're going to BALI perhaps get a later and then just get soft drink from the host is and then mix your own on the plane, which you're not supposed to do.
Speaker 1: But you know, people do silly.
Speaker 2: Things, so you are endorsing.
Speaker 6: That's certainly most certainly not endorsing that sort of behavior free.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because you know you've got to get the bargin, don't you. You've got to get the bolg bulg.
Speaker 8: They're not even that cheap anymore. We walked through Judy free last year on the web back from Balley and I was like, yeah, oh really yeah cost a living baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well there you go.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Lots of lessons from at.
Speaker 2: A few little lessons out today. I'm not sure exactly what they are actually posted Snooze News. Get ready for this headline. Jodes researchers say that car strated males live longer than their intact counterparts. That's right, that's right, you get it. Do you understand what's happening here?
Speaker 1: Some boys that have had their willy lived longer.
Speaker 6: That's right, right, that's a fascinating medical fact.
Speaker 2: Andrew hates who saw that coming. So this is described by researcher Cat Mahannon. The little things between your legs. She describes them as two little death nuggets. Oh, she spot on two. She believes that the keta lo on longevity in the life of males is the removal of the crown jewels. So she spoke at a thing called the Hay Festival. She told the audience carstration was a way to make male mammals live longer. I know what you're thinking, Joe's take me through the whole time period of castration. Well, here you go. This effect was observed in American men in the mid twentieth centuries who were institutionalized, usually because of mental illness, and carstrated, and in Korean eunichs, the car strated men lived longer than they're regularly bald. Appears those old regularly balled fellash.
Speaker 6: So you're saying, is it the whole meat and potatoes or is the whole lot?
Speaker 2: I think it's more so the two little death nuggets. Right, Yeah, that's what we're talking about as well, got it, because they're are little bits of nucleus that hold all the testosterone. There's two things in my life that have got me into trouble, and that is alcohol and testosterone. Mix them together.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: All of the absolute dumb crap that I've done has been because of alcohol and testosterone.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So test astera is a funny little hormone, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It's a strange little one.
Speaker 6: Like when I first met my husband, Greek, and I was like, he's the nicest person on the planet. But I do remember vividly the first time I went to watch him play ice hockey, and that's when the testosterone gets flowing when you're playing.
Speaker 1: Sport, right yep.
Speaker 6: And so I watched him skate along the ice and he dead set, looked left, looked right for the umpire.
Speaker 1: I could see that the umpire was nowhere to be seen, and it's.
Speaker 6: Just deadert elbowed someone in their head and I was like, who are you?
Speaker 2: So that's you looking at that and all of the vokes like me and the audience are going.
Speaker 1: That's good stuff.
Speaker 6: You who are sitting in the bleachers drinking your six can of beer like, yeah, man, yes.
Speaker 2: Alcohol a bit late for me three kids later, but who knows. I mean, I have a daughter who's three years old. The other day she poked me in the eye, bit.
Speaker 3: Me on the neck, yep.
Speaker 2: And then she caught my wife a psycho. She's three years old. She called her a psycho. She said, get away from your psycho. So I'm just saying car strated, man, don't have to put up with things like that. No, So to have a latte, stay from a cafe going to open up very very soon. It's got nothing to do with that conversation. But what it will say is we put absolutely everything into the coffee. Yeah, and I'm in everything sweat time to get out of this brak.
Speaker 4: The fork?
Speaker 9: What the fork?
Speaker 1: What the fork? Those everyday things that you look at, you go, what the fork is that about? Orn out of the fact that news.
Speaker 6: Reader Abbey steals all the forks out of the kitchen, What the fork? Have you caught overseas is going to be the question this morning.
Speaker 3: So we're talking catch and love.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, so my husband is overseas at the moment with his brother. His brother travels a lot for work, he's a lawyer, and he had been to Costa Rica in South America. Have I got the geography on that, right, Andrew Hayes, Yes, cool, No certainty right now anyway, Jamaica. He so he spent two weeks there and then got home started to feel incredibly unwell, like I'm talking no matter what, he ate. He felt sick, couldn't even play golf with my husband, which is sure, and was dropping weight really badly.
Speaker 1: So he was like, well, I better go to the doctor and find out what's wrong.
Speaker 6: And as he flew from Dubai to Athens and touchdown in Athens, he got an email from his doctor who said, we have identified the problem. Sir. You have what is quite common in South America. A parasite. A what's that parasite in your gut? So what you need to do is get this strand of antibiotics. However, they couldn't be found in Greece and so he had to get them flowing in from overseas to rid himself of that parasite. Now I'm just saying, the minute you tell me you have got a parasite, living in your gart get that out of me, yeah, or.
Speaker 1: Immediately carmulous, harminously well together.
Speaker 2: It could be a little mate, if you go down that path, maybe you could even name it, maybe even little.
Speaker 3: Paul pull the parasite parait something to think about.
Speaker 1: Have you had a parasite app Yeah? I did after I went to.
Speaker 8: Andrew Bloody Hayes, after I went to Bali once yep, got very very sick, had bari belly, all of the things.
Speaker 1: My sister had a parasite.
Speaker 8: For years, years and years and years.
Speaker 1: Finally she's rid of herself.
Speaker 2: That's that's a rough way to talk about Samba.
Speaker 8: Why wouldn't she get rid of her I don't know, she's you'd be like, you're right. I've been like, yeah, you sometimes ring her and she'd be saying how sick she was, And I'm like, go and do something that is extraordinary to me. Yeah, she lived harmoniously with full as well.
Speaker 2: Twenty four ten What did you catch overseas producers?
Speaker 10: I am embarrassed to admit that this wasn't even overseas, and it's happened three times. But I have had scabies.
Speaker 3: You've probably got scabies right now.
Speaker 10: Well, so it's like little mites living in your skin. It's really common in like if you go camping and stuff. Really, but I've just got it from boys. So you love that you actually call scabies from boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's not just right off the whole boy thing scabies. I'm not sure about that. You're hanging out with street folk and Costa Rica.
Speaker 8: So which boys you obviously the boys that this is not an intervention. All different boys, like three different boys.
Speaker 10: But the first one I was twelve and it was a sleepover, so it was like a kid's thing. And then the second time was a boy last year my ex boyfriend. How we started dating and yeah, then another.
Speaker 3: Boy, Wow, scaby, So who's got them?
Speaker 2: Third and twenty.
Speaker 1: No, let's do this.
Speaker 6: Then in twenty four ten, what did you catch overseas? Give us a call?
Speaker 2: So stuff given?
Speaker 3: Zoey scaby?
Speaker 6: Good morning, Tenure, good morning, How are you going good?
Speaker 1: What did you pick up?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 9: I did a lovely trip to Barcelona with my sister and I disappeared for six weeks on annually. But it was in my early twenty twenties, so I was notorious for pulling stickies back in those days and got back in a couple of days later, I woke up and I had chicken pox. So I had to explain to the boss that I had need a couple of weeks after the chicken coop, and I nearly lost my job because of it because she thought I was falling.
Speaker 2: A sticky mature age. Chicken pox real dangerous, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Oh it's horrible. And to top it off, to prove that I had chicken pox, are just walking to the office and I was covered like it looked like I had the biggest bits all over my face. Yeah, and so she was like, get home right now. But yeah, I had to prove it.
Speaker 5: Tan.
Speaker 1: Did it leave scars?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: And do you know what he's a lesson as well. That's guy ended up turning into a skin cancer later on. So I don't always think it's the mold it will get you. It's also the scars. But so, yeah, that's the chicken box have been on the journey with me. But I wanted to also say with the parasite, I'm going to defend those guys who've got parasites, because it was going to cost me four thousand dollars to get rid of my parasite from Cambodia, So I think that's probably why people probably don't get they make friends with their parasite.
Speaker 2: There you go, and did you end up having some sort of special link in friendship with your parasite. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Look, his name was Bob. He's only just recently left the gup, so I'd like to think my doctor for all the hard work for that.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, see, Bob, Bob, it's been fun. You've kept me very slim, and it's time.
Speaker 2: To get to move on to a new host.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you so much, Tenure.
Speaker 2: That's nice, isn't it. Thirty twenty fourteen, What did you catch overseas? Welcome to stay to produce Emily Hello.
Speaker 7: I will clarify that this happened to a friend of mine. We were on holiday in Thailand, and it actually turned out that she did have a parasite in the end, but it arrived while we were ziplining through the jungle and she soiled herself while we were zip planning.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's not a good It was not a good time for soiling.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: The only the only reprieve was it was absolutely bucketing down so we couldn't really tell. But it was a swift emergency. We left the zip planning and went back to the hotel so.
Speaker 1: She could get changed. And she had a parasite.
Speaker 7: She had a parasite and a stuck around for about six months there go.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a bit of a nasty parasite.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: I thought a lot of these parasites were good guys keeping an eye on you.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 6: It was a real dire moment outside water Bombe Park in Balley.
Speaker 1: For me, I had to scoot real quickly.
Speaker 8: So, am, did you spend four grand on getting rid of that sucker?
Speaker 1: I clarified. It was for me.
Speaker 6: A very excruciating experience unfolded on the UK version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hosted by the format he hosted that car show, Jeremy Clarkson.
Speaker 1: Yes, I thought he got canceled for some.
Speaker 2: Reason, not that I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you know the show just got canceled.
Speaker 2: The show got canceled. He didn't. He recently as well get voted Britain sexiest Man.
Speaker 1: Oh correct, that is who?
Speaker 6: Who's who votes for that?
Speaker 1: That's the people?
Speaker 8: I think people have spoken, didn' Jeremy clarks have dad bods are in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, apparently anyway, So he's hosting and the contestant was playing along and he got a lifeline.
Speaker 1: Now you know what happens with the lifeline.
Speaker 6: You call someone really super smart and asked them the question if you don't know the answer yourself. So this bloke was like, cool, call my wife. So they placed the call, and then this happened.
Speaker 3: Elizabeth, can we can we call Elizabeth? Please?
Speaker 2: Don't mean to tell her where you've got.
Speaker 3: I was a man.
Speaker 2: Just answer your phone.
Speaker 3: I'm not relax. Relax, it could be completely innocent.
Speaker 1: That doesn't sound like it's so the place to call.
Speaker 6: Some bloke fix picks up the phone, right, and then they call back, and then the wife.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth answers.
Speaker 6: But the damage I feel like had already been done, don't you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also need to be investing all of your brain power into potentially answering questions. It's scoring a million bucks. Yeah, and all of a sudden that brain power goes into who's my.
Speaker 6: Wife at the moment picked up my wife's phone, and it reminded me of a situation a little while ago, and I was at work and we were allocated the task of calling someone who won something huge. It was like a Porsche, or it was like a house, or it was something absolutely massive. A lot of build up around these things. And so we called the guy and he picked up and answered, and then the guy that I was working with at the time said, good a mate, how you going?
Speaker 1: And his reply was who the bleep is this?
Speaker 2: Like this like who the is this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we were like, whoa, what's going on. We're trying to explain who we were and what we were doing muscles. We found out later on down the track that that particular person's wife had allegedly been up to no good.
Speaker 2: No the minute.
Speaker 6: The minute that he picked up the phone and heard a at like a male's voice, mind went straight to, oh, this is the bleached the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so did he score the prize.
Speaker 1: He's still got the prize. It was still the winner.
Speaker 2: And no guesses as to whether he shared the prize or not. It's probably not.
Speaker 1: I don't think he went half with the Misso.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. It's tough. Sometimes theft can be funny, only sometimes. Bloke by the name of Adam Spencer, this was reported by the BBC. He's forty years old. He was arrested by officers in Nottingham Share. Shy. Sure, yeah, you've had some England experience, is it shy? I've lived there year Nottingham Share Nottingham Share. On Tuesday, he was charged with two counts of burglar in three counts of theft. Police said Spencer committed series of thefts across May and April, starting on the eleventh of April at Tesco, then hitting an Asta on seventeenth of April. During one of these thefts, he took seventeen tubes of pringles, and during questioning told police once you pop, you can't stop.
Speaker 3: That's what it's all about, yes, Adam, because you.
Speaker 2: Can only imagine that at that stage the place for like clever, Adam, clever, off you go.
Speaker 6: It's so coop going. I don't disagree with him. Pringles are very difficult to just have one or two.
Speaker 2: It feels like that could be a genuine excuse, he says to why you would steal pringles, Because you're right, I can get through seventeen to twenty tubes, no problems at all.
Speaker 1: Sevent tubes.
Speaker 2: Tubes, tubes too, they're quite skinny now, yeah, yeah, they've decreased.
Speaker 3: A little bit so you can fit more.
Speaker 2: En, I assume.
Speaker 1: What about the ones on the plane, the little baby springles. Yeah, they're no good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're dangerous.
Speaker 6: On you once the kids have attacked them. It's like the crumbs left at the bottom for mum. That is no good.
Speaker 3: They're also about seven bucks of pop. Yeah, they're plane. They're ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would like to rob a Nike store.
Speaker 2: And then as I'm getting arrested and the place like why, why why did you get in this path? And I said, and I just looked at him in the face and go just do it. The police, go, go and get into it.
Speaker 6: I wonder if there's ever been any bank robberies through the history of the time where you've got the getaway car driver sitting there waiting for the robber to come out, and the robber comes out and just yells out, stop the car.
Speaker 3: You do we get that on Bodycare.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's Jode's The five second rule. Is that something that is incorporated in your house?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I subscribe to it, but I guess I guess it depends what it is and where you are. I'm very conscious now because our toy Kaoodle tends to not control her bowels inside. Like, if a bit of food falls on the floor, my first thought is, oh, has SID done a business there?
Speaker 2: Right, So a bit of food falls directly into Sid's droppings, I decrease it from what five to three?
Speaker 6: No, I'm just saying the floors probably aren't as pristine as they could be.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, Well here's a little report for you. While there are factors that can affect the risk of eating food off the ground, including the type of food it is, and secondly we drop it. Ultimately, scientists say it's best to see clear of food that's hit the ground. It is a myth, unfortunately. That's from doctor Wendy Lebret, an internal medicine physician and gastro enterrology fellow, told she told her publication what the hell's a gastro enterology.
Speaker 6: Gastro enterologist for a start, and they deal with things inside your stomach and your gust ah.
Speaker 2: Okay. Research has revealed that wet foods such as watermelon and meats attract bacteria faster than dry foods such as chips or cookies. The process of food attracting bacteria like Salmonella E. Coli listeria and even fecal matter takes less than a second, So it's a one second it's a one second rule.
Speaker 6: If you drop something and you can collect it within one second, then you're safe quick. If not, so she's saying the five second rule absolute fallacy.
Speaker 2: It does not exist. So I always thought that it took germs seven to twelve seconds to climb onto things because maybe they're just a little bit unathletic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're like colon a coli. Can you get there in time? Nah? Me either.
Speaker 2: Oh. So that's one of those urban legends that's a genuine myth, fortunately, and some of the ones that we heard growing up as well. Yeah, from my entire childhood up to age about thirty six, I always assume that if I crust, my hair would go curly, right, And then people would say, make sure you eat your crusts because your hair will go curly.
Speaker 1: That is the most same.
Speaker 2: Time, Like, I don't want my hair to go curly.
Speaker 6: But how did we even fall for that, because like, as if eating the crusts of your bread is going to make your hair go curly.
Speaker 2: Well, we're very impressionable when we're young, aren't we.
Speaker 6: I've thought for a very long time during my childhood that if you have a piece of steak, which might be the reason why I don't eat red meat, that it sits in your guts for about two weeks.
Speaker 2: It can't be right.
Speaker 1: No one told me that at some point, and that's always stuck with me.
Speaker 2: That seems absolutely outrageous. If you've got one as well, and of those little myths that you fell for across the journey, gives a call thirteen and twenty four to ten, but that ties in beautifully to gum. Yes, that's the biggest one. Yeah, seven years in your guts, seven years, I heard two years, two years rageous. From two to seven years.
Speaker 1: We got told seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I remember watermelon and both my sister's going, oh my goodness, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Are you going to tell mom? No, I'm going to tell mom.
Speaker 8: When I was on what and they're like, because you ate the seeds, they're going to great your ears.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I genuinely had a meltdown. So I thought that watermelons were going to start growing out my ears.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna wake up one morning there's just like a little leaf outside.
Speaker 8: Of so Carlie and Tamra thanks for my childhood trauma. Yeah yeah, I'm still working through it.
Speaker 1: Call your watermelon head. Yes, I do have a big head. So awkward.
Speaker 2: Oh you do have leaves coming out your ears as well. That's so strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah correct.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten. Some of those little myths that you fell for, particularly as you were a child, and maybe you believed it's rot up until adulthood, which is a little bit concerning.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear them.
Speaker 2: The one that my mum told me that her brothers told her is that they all love sultana's, and her brothers told her that if she ate sultana's she would get worms. Oh so they would just clean up all the sultana.
Speaker 1: Oh right, so it was a ploy.
Speaker 2: It was a ploy, and she hates sultanas even to this day.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, so right, let's go to oh one of our favorites, Gussie.
Speaker 6: It's Gussie, Hie Gussie, our little handball blitz legend.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good? How are you good?
Speaker 1: What's your beautiful mum told you?
Speaker 4: Oh so if you eat cherry seed, right, you you'll go into your tummy. Yeah, and then calm out your mouth or your ears.
Speaker 2: Did not know that.
Speaker 6: Now I'm worried that Gussie is the newsreader Abby's love Chuk because she believes the same thing.
Speaker 2: Wow, So Gussie is this is this like a true thing or is it a myth? Like what's going on here? We're sort of going which way we're going?
Speaker 3: You believe it?
Speaker 2: Do you believe it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Cherry seed?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I still eat cherries.
Speaker 4: I love cherry See they go all over my face.
Speaker 1: Eggs, Gussie.
Speaker 2: Legends.
Speaker 1: Good morning? Amy?
Speaker 9: Is your mum telling you that you're not allowed to turn the interior.
Speaker 4: Lights on while you're driving?
Speaker 7: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Amy? I need to admit something. I still believe that to this day. That got entrenched in us as youngsters so aggressively my mom and dad that it stayed with me till adulthood.
Speaker 6: Amy, I tell my kids, but it's onny because it's right when you are driving. It's so distracting, especially when it's dark, if the kids are playing with the interior light.
Speaker 8: Yeah right.
Speaker 1: It's interesting.
Speaker 6: You are how many years old when you've discovered that it's not illegal.
Speaker 2: I'm only thirty eight.
Speaker 1: Tan you good morning, good morning, How are you good? What was the myth? That you believed.
Speaker 9: Well, growing up, my darling dad told me that kiwi fruit were actually monkey's eggs.
Speaker 2: I just I just wonder what was what was the purpose of this myth from your dad?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why ah, he was a very big practical jokers, So of course.
Speaker 9: We'd go to school with monkey's eggs and our fat and pops for lunch and just throw up. They were never tea with fruits, so just looked like little hairy eggs that came.
Speaker 2: So on top of that as well, you knowingly thought that they were monkey eggs and you're like, oh, good show down. Oh we ate chicken eggs.
Speaker 3: So I guess it wasn't too biggest, bigger stretch.
Speaker 9: Believe everything your dad tells you.
Speaker 6: When did you sort of work out that they weren't monkeys eggs?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: We had some debates at school with sort of you know, some of the younger children who said, no.
Speaker 4: That's just crazy. Yeah, probably maybe seven or eight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, Glad you cottoned on early.
Speaker 6: It could have been embarrassing in the workplace when you bring your lunch box and everyone's like, what do you mean You're eating monkey's eggs?
Speaker 2: Got some fruit? No monkeys's wrong with you.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Shelley the morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Jeddy and Hazy, how are you?
Speaker 1: We're good? Thanks? What did your mum used to tell you?
Speaker 8: My chicky mum?
Speaker 9: I did really fall for it, but she used to say that if you picked your nose too.
Speaker 2: Hard that your eyes would cave into the soper.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, such as such an aggressive picture that a youngster would paint.
Speaker 1: If that was the case, Shelly.
Speaker 6: Andrew Hayes would have zero eyeballs because his finger is permanently entrenched up his left nostril.
Speaker 2: Shelly, I wish I wish someone had told me that was a youngster as well.
Speaker 4: Who doesn't like a sneaky pick?
Speaker 2: No, it's true, particularly were driving well.
Speaker 6: I think do people think they're an invisible cars or that they're like the person that the lights can't see what you're doing?
Speaker 2: I think it's just because it's a comfort space, Isn't it like you're completely comfortable. You should be aware that people looking around and looking at you and they're judging you, and particularly when you're a knuckle deep into your nose.
Speaker 6: Yeah true, Sarah, good morning, Hello, how are you going good?
Speaker 1: Good? What'd your dad tell you?
Speaker 4: He said that if I was to eat the blue lollies, I'd turn into a boy. So Dad got all the blue lollies and let me get Yeah, yeah, I love them. So he was lucky for a few years.
Speaker 1: Were you tempted just to test the theory, Sarah?
Speaker 4: I think I just believed him. Is he's my dad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dads wouldn't lie. Thank you so much, Sarah, and thanks to everyone who called through this morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah.