Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Moroar.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight. Secretary of War Pete Hegsas takes the war on woke to the military, but will it help win wars in the real world? Plus Mom Danni the Kami goes on the View and could be taking over America's biggest city.
Speaker 1: And Karama why.
Speaker 2: The Mariachi has become the White House's new favorite meme? But first, well, you know the old expression, if a Republicans in the White House, the Democrats are going to have a tantrum and shut down the government. Okay, all right, I just made that up, but it is a pattern that absolutely holds. And here we are again. But there's something going on different this time. The usual playbook where the Democrats wind up blaming the Republicans and making them look like being mees who want to ruin everyone's good time at the National Park. Well, they've played that card before, but this time it's not going so well. Instead, the US government is being held hostage, and contrary to what some reports have suggested, it is in fact the Democrats who are holding the gun. In short, the Federal bureaucracy is on hold because Democrats. Yes, that's right, Democrats did not want to vote for a continuing resolution to let the keep government keep on working. Now, this is the first time since twenty nineteen there has been a really serious government shutdown in the US, and let me tell you, the blame game and the gas lighting is off the charts. At the heart of the matter is a fight over something that left clave simply is not happening. A fight over whether or not what are politely known as undocumented migrants illegal aliens should get free healthcare courtesy of the taxpayer.
Speaker 1: Now, there are.
Speaker 2: Examples of this gas lighting all over the place, and you have probably seen versions of it in your local media seeking to blame Team Trump for the mess. Take, for example, the Washington Post, which has tried to frame this as a question of Democrats simply wanting to extend the Affordable Care Act aka Obamacare. As the Post put it, quote Republicans falsely claimed Democrats wanted to give undocumented immigrants full health benefits. Or have a look at New York Democrat and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, the man many blame for what is leading and being called in Washington. The Schumer shutdown, He tweeted, quote, let me be perfectly clear, undocumented people cannot and will not receive ACA premium tax credits by law period. Well, Senator, not so fast, because guess what with US support, we've got some receipts. First of all, Chuck Schumer is playing a semantic game. And as many others have pointed out, Joe Biden, when he was president, granted parole and asylum to millions of illegal aliens, thus unlocking legal status and access to healthcare benefits, including ACA tax credits. As commentator Matt Margolis points out, a number of Democrat states as well, heavily subsidized by the federal government, also subsidized undocumented migrants aka illegal.
Speaker 1: Aliens and their healthcare. So let's be real clear here.
Speaker 2: What they claim is not happening is in fact already happening. And secondly, and here's what's really amazing, the Democrats have, for a number of years, in fact made this idea of healthcare for the undocumented illegal librant population a key pillar of their platform.
Speaker 1: It's true. Just go back and listen to them. Remember this.
Speaker 2: This was the twenty nineteen Democrat primary here's what they said at their debate.
Speaker 3: Raise your handed government, if your government plan would provide coverage for undocumented immigrants.
Speaker 1: And oh how they cheered. Did you hear that?
Speaker 2: Look, this idea that providing healthcare for people don't belong in the country, it's not controversial to Democrats. It is something that these days they are proud of and in fact, in their unguarded moments, despite what the headlines say, they say, this is what's going on. Here's Democrat California Congressman Rowe Kahana.
Speaker 1: In terms of healthcare. The reality is they're just not being honest.
Speaker 4: The amount of money that actually is going towards that people who are undocumented is such a small portion of the Medicaid cuts or the Affordable Care Act, if at all, And so we can argue that point. But the reality that even the Vice President would acknowledge, that anyone who looks at the numbers will acknowledge, is ninety to ninety five percent of the funding we're talking about is talking about funding for American citizens.
Speaker 2: So five to ten percent of funding is actually going to this population. I thought it wasn't happening, or at least that's what Chuck Schumer said, and check out what happened when this journalist got another California Democrat, Maxine Waters, to admit that, yes, they were giving health care to everyone, legal and illegal alike.
Speaker 5: Are Democrats demanding health care for illegal aliens?
Speaker 6: That's right, Democrats are demanding healthcare for everybody. We want to save lives, make sure that healthcare is available to those who would die, but having the help of their government.
Speaker 7: So you're good with the government shutdown even if it means giving health care to people who aren't Americans.
Speaker 6: That well, you keep that's what you're pushing on. What you're trying to do is you're standing here and you're trying to make me say that somehow we're going to put non citizens over Americans. Quit it, stop it. This is the kind of journalism we don't need.
Speaker 1: Do you have advice it Ooh.
Speaker 2: Not happy, jan Now, this is absolutely fascinating to me because you know, if you watch this program, you know that we love to do a little bit of history here, and once upon a time, Democrats, even the likes of Barack O Baba, love to actually talk tough about illegal migrants, to the point where even Barack Obaba once sounded a little bit.
Speaker 1: Dare I say, Mega.
Speaker 3: The Bush administration has done nothing to control the problem that we had. We've had five million undocumented workers come over the borders since George Bush took office. It has become an extraordinary problem. And the reason the American people are concerned is because they are seeing their own economic position slip away.
Speaker 2: That was what's Democrat mainstream talk. Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: And when he was president, well, Barack Obama said this.
Speaker 3: If you're a criminal, you'll be deported. If you plan to enter the US illegally, your chances of getting caught and sent back just went up. The actions I'm taking are not only lawful, there are the kinds of actions taken by every single Republican president and every single Democratic president for the past half century.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't think back then the Democrats were all that keen on giving illegal immigrants healthcare, and they certainly would not have shut down the government to make that happen. Meanwhile, remember our old friend Chuck Schumer. Well, here he is, the good Senator arguing back in the nineteen nineties for measures to crack down on fraud buy undocumented migrants, illegal immigrants, whatever, you wanted to call them and decrying those who opposed fixing the problem.
Speaker 8: This is an anti fraud amendment. All over where we go, people say, well, why can't you stop illegal immigrants or others from coming here? And the number one answer we give our constituencies when they come here, they can get jobs, get benefits against the.
Speaker 9: Law because of fraud.
Speaker 8: And here the gentleman from Florida has put together the most effective anti fraud measure we can find without it changing the app actions of the government one bit, and we find all this opposition.
Speaker 1: But that was then and this is now.
Speaker 2: And Schumer, yes, the same Schumer just voted to shut down the federal government again because Democrats refused to budge on this issue of free healthcare and other benefits to the quote unquote undocumented So what has changed along the way? Well, as I showed before, by twenty nineteen, undocumented migrants were the heroes of the Democrats story, and today one in a bit terms of Donald Trump. Later with that little unfortunate Joe Biden lunacy in the middle, the left is now completely around the twist and willing to shut down the government over yet another one of those issues like to fund the police, or boys and Girls chance rooms, any of those eighty twenty issues we talked about. But here's the thing, with the midterms little more than a year away, this is a mistake that the Democrats cannot afford to keep on making. All right, let's bring you my first guest here, Fox News contributor Joe Concient. Joe, thanks so much for joining me on the US report that government there is still shutdown, and that shutdown looks like it's going to remain in place for a while as lawmakers shift the blame for who is responsible. Now, neither side seems to be wanting back down here. So what happens next? And is anybody still buying the Democrats spin that no, no, no, we don't really want to provide healthcare for undocumented migrants and that's why this is such a crisis.
Speaker 10: Right except they do, and it's in their proposal. So yeah, losing that argument at this point, James. But overall, I think that many Americans, if you just drive around our streets today or you talk to some folks, no one would know the government is shut down because nothing is being impacted. In other words, our garbage year. I'm in New Jersey is still being picked up, Recycling still being picked up, now still being delivered, police still on the job. Our military nationally is still ready and able to do whatever they have to.
Speaker 9: I could go on and on, but overall, I.
Speaker 10: Don't think many people care about this government shut down because again, it's not something that they feel and unless the American people feel something like this, and therefore they're going to look at it and say, Okay, I guess this is just Republicans and Democrats fighting again and not getting anything done. But overall, Democrats are to blame here because Republicans passed a clean bill in the House and then send it to the Senate and then Democrats decided we're going to vote against it.
Speaker 9: So this is on them. I think the American people know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think they do know if that's my sense of it. Has the Democrats tactic then here blown up? Because normally what the Democrats try and do is create a crisis and then say, oh, we're the ones who are trying to defend all your services, your national parks, or you're this or you or your social Security.
Speaker 1: That does not seem to have worked this time.
Speaker 10: No, it is not James because again, the Democratic Party they're approval rating right now in the United States, according to Quinnipeic University, is nineteen percent. Nineteen percent. Gas station sushi here in the States is more popular than the Democratic Party right now, and I had some today. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the I'm one of those nineteen percent, I suppose. But the bottom line is that again, when Democrats talk about that Republicans are destroying democracy and Donald Trump is authoritarian and a fascist and hitler, I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: When you've been saying this for ten years.
Speaker 10: After a while, it's a boy who Cried Wolf kind of situation where no one's really listening anymore. And this appears to be a party that whinds and complains a lot the Democrats, but actually never offers up any sort of solution outside of Donald Trump is bad. We're here to save democracy and vote for us. I'm sorry. That's not a message. You have to give people positive, optimistic solutions around the things that they think are a problem for the country today, and this Democratic Party simply is not doing that.
Speaker 2: James, Well, at nineteen percent, there, that proves what I was just saying a little while ago. In the program that this is another eighty twenty issue that they're on the wrong side of. Now, beyond the gas station sushi, there's other brave people, our war fighters, a Defense Department, people war Department, now people War Secretary Pete Haiksith had an address this week to top US generals and admirals.
Speaker 1: Here's a little of what he had to say.
Speaker 11: We unleash overwhelming and punishing violence on the enemy. We also don't fight with stupid rules of engagement. We untie the hands of our war fighters to intimidate, demoralize, hunt, and kill the enemies of our country.
Speaker 2: Joe I thought this was very important, and I think much of the media missed the point when they talked about him fat shaving officers in generals for not passing their PT certifications. But this point here that the Department of War, that the Pentagon is about fighting and winning wars. This is a real breath of fresh air.
Speaker 9: Oh and pizza. Friend.
Speaker 10: So I may be a little biased here, of course, having been with him many years on Fox and Friends Weekend and other places, But let me just take that aside for a second. Yeah, let's fat shame all the generals that have become overweight and are not great examples for their troops. I mean, I'll just make it personal here for a second, if you don't mind, my football coach in high school, Fred Keel, former Marine. This guy looked like Popeye and he was in his fifties. And when he asked you to sprint one hundred yards and then sprint one hundred yards back, you did it because he looked like he was in shape.
Speaker 9: He looked like somebody who was not being hypocritical.
Speaker 10: And when Pete Hegseth calls out these generals for being out of shape and they should probably go through the same training that.
Speaker 9: They ask their very troops to do.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Again, eighty twenty I think eighty percent of Americans say, yeah, that should be the case. So good for Pete and these generals here that have been, you know, eating a little bit too much and not training enough.
Speaker 9: Maybe this will wake them up.
Speaker 10: But I thought this was so refreshing to hear somebody who's the secretary of war say we all need to be on the same page and be held to the same standards. That's again, that's something that most people would agree on.
Speaker 2: And I'd love to know how many chin ups General Millie could do.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He might get have been a white rage.
Speaker 2: He might get have been a white rage if you asked him to do some of that thing. But hey, there was a bit of fun this week also with the White House doing up memes of House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, or as some people call him, the TMU Obama in a sombrero.
Speaker 1: Now here's one of them.
Speaker 8: It's a disgusting video.
Speaker 9: And we're going to continue to make clear.
Speaker 1: Bigotry will get you.
Speaker 9: Nowhere, we are fighting.
Speaker 3: To protect the healthcare of the americ Change people in the face of an unprecedented.
Speaker 2: Republican Now you got to laugh here. They've even been looping this in the White House Press briefing room. But the Democrats are melting down and crying racism. Have they lost this sense of humor or what?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 10: I think it's weird, James, because the old days, old days being like the two thousand's or you know, the nineties, where Republicans were seen as white, old, stuffy, boring rich guys. Now they're like the Coal Party right because of Trump, because of advance, and because of memes like this, While Democrats are just insufferable in terms of their complaining.
Speaker 9: They're whining over this stuff when let's put it this way.
Speaker 10: If the bar is if you call somebody Hitler an authoritarian a fascist, that apparently is okay, But god forbid you put a fourth a meme of a sombrero wearing jakeem Jeffries playing the Mexican music in the background, which Trump playing the guitar.
Speaker 9: That's somehow offensive. I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: I'm pretty sure Hitler outweighs sombrero in this situation. So they have no moral high ground here. And again they just look, I don't know, petulant. That's the only way that comes to mind, James.
Speaker 2: Petulant and humorless too is one I would add there too. Hey, also, Joe, you know I had never heard of this fellow called Bad Bunny before, and I know that everybody at home is laughing and saying, oh, Marrow, you're so square, you're so unhip there. But you've ritten a great piece in the Washington Examiner about the NFL, which has decided to have Bad Bunny come in as the next year's Super Bowl halftime show act. Well, he's apparently a big anti ice guy who is this guy and tell us why is the NFL doing this again? What is with all these woke sports organizations here just going down this path again? Haven't they learned anything from Black Lives.
Speaker 10: Matter precisely, or from I don't know, target, or from Bud White, Like, don't hire somebody who may piss off half the country if you hire him to do a super Bowl halftime show where one hundred and twenty five million people are watching live and god knows how many on social media eclips afterwards. Bad Bunny is a real leftist, and look, I don't care if you're a leftist or a rightist. Quite frankly, why not just hire somebody who doesn't really engage in political theater like Bad Bunny does for your super Bowl halftime show?
Speaker 9: Metallica, I'm a fan. I have to admit.
Speaker 10: They're from San Francisco, that area, that's where the super Bowl is being played this year.
Speaker 9: Why not hire them to do the White House?
Speaker 10: I'm sorry the super Bowl halftime show because again, we have not had a rock band since The Who play the Super Bowl half that show, right, and that was sixteen years ago. The Who of all people like, wow, they're around then, I couldn't believe it. The bottom line is that you hire somebody like this and you're only going to invite trouble. And the fact that Bad Bunny a big problem with ice being outside of his concerts, well yeah, outside of one of his concerts, they arrested somebody who committed homicide, was a rapist and abused young children. So if you're against that, then you're against I don't know, curing cancer. And that's where Bad Bunny stands, and that's why so many Americans are angry that the NFL, which gets great ratings and does so well as far as being a product, just stepped in again as far as hiring this this clown to be their a halftime show.
Speaker 2: Bad Bunny, bad choice. Jill Conchre, We're gonna have to leave with there. Thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 9: Thank you, James, every good one.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move over to the Middle East and Middle East and American geopolitics here with Hudson Institute Senior fellow and former US National Security Council Director Michael Dori. And Michael, thanks so much for joining me here on the US Report. Now we're only a few days removed from President Trump and Benjamin netnya who's announcement of a twenty point plan to end the war in Gaza before we dive into the details, and it's potent your success.
Speaker 1: What did you make of it?
Speaker 13: Well, first of all, great to be here, Thank you, James. It was a big win for Prime Minister Natanyahu because he got the three things that he most needed, and that was support by Donald Trump to return the hostages, defeat Hamas as a military organization, and defeat Hamas as a political organization. Donald Trump put the American policy behind the idea that Hamas will not be the ruling organization, and he didn't force Prime Minister Natanillo in the process to accept a two state solution and to bring back the Palestinian authority, which no Israeli believes in. So I think, bottom line, big win for Nata Yahu. We now have a clear joint American Israeli vision of what the Gaza strip should look like after the defeat of or at least what shouldn't be there Amas. There's still a lot of room though, a lot that isn't clear about how we're actually going to get to that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, obviously the waters are fairly muddy on this as a well finar of that part of the world. But one thing that did strike me is that Hamas doesn't seem to have any friends left here, I mean, Katar, Egypt, Turkey seemed to be suggesting that Hamas ought to go for this. And meanwhile, at the same time, the Economist magazine, which I've never known to be a big fan of Donald Trump in either of his terms in office, seems to have also suggested, well, you know, this is not a bad idea, and the White House actually deserves praise for this.
Speaker 13: Well, I think what the White House gave the world and gave Prime Minister Natanyahu was a clear vision of what should come after the war, one that doesn't include Israel, that doesn't include Israel occupying Gaza indefinitely. That was always kind of missing during the Biden administration. The Biden team was trying to put a lot of obstacles in the way of Benjamin Natanya, who they were trying to really basically put political pressure on his government that would bring it down. So they were always demanding that he come up with an a.
Speaker 9: With a day after plan.
Speaker 13: But their day after plan was always the Palestinian authority takes over. That's something that was politically unacceptable for Netanyahu, for indeed for the vast majority of Israelis, and also unrealizable in a practical sense. So he couldn't accept that. He also couldn't accept the Biden vision. He had no inclination to do so. But he also couldn't do it for domestic political reasons. He didn't want to come up with a counter plan because that would mean fighting simultaneously with the White House but also with his own coalition. So now we kind of had a counterplan imposed, if you will, on Natanyahu, but he's quite happy to have this imposed on him. It means he can now go to his right wing, which says we should occupy Gaza indefinitely, maybe resettle it and so on, and he can say, I can't do that. Donald Trump won't let me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean back then to the domestic politics within the United States. Here the other fascinating thing to me. You mentioned Joe Biden, But of course the Joe Biden policy was an outgrowth of the Obama policy, which was that reorientation of the US away from Israel and towards so bizarrely, Tehran and I ran in the Malas. How important is the final drawing a line under that whole era of trying to reorganize Middle East in those pro Iranian terms? How important is that to getting some piece for Trump with Israel with the Palestinians.
Speaker 13: Well, it's very important, I think to get rid of the idea of a two state solution with the Palestine in authority, because that's simply a fantasy. It's not going to happen, and it's it's a slogan that has been used to pressure Israel and to put distance between the United States and Israel. So we've gotten rid of that. Hamas is the proxy of Iran. So taking a clear position on the defeat of Hamas is also a step in the right direction. But as I say, there's this huge practical problem of how do we actually get rid of Hamas and how do we actually create a new order in Gaza that will that can that can give some kind of stability and some measure of prosperity to Gazin's. I don't know how we get there yet. I mean, that's not clear.
Speaker 1: Michael George. We're going to have to leave with that. Thank you so much. For your time.
Speaker 2: Now stick around because after the break forward, Trump advisor Christian Witton's going to join me and talking about antifa. But first I tell you what fascism, Well, it ain't what it used to be. Listen here to former MSNBC host Joy Read taking us through the absolute nightmare world Donald Trump's fascist bagger Republicans want to create.
Speaker 14: Is that if you go back before the twentieth century, there were no income taxes, there were no regulations on business. You could earn as much money as you want, leave one hundred percent of it to your children with no taxes. That's the world they want back, and to get it back, they need society to change.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the monsters the absolute nightmare earning as much as you want with no income taxes and less regulation. Don't threaten us with a good time there, Joy stick around, Chris Witten after the break, welcome back to the program. Now, I'm thrilled to be joined by former Trumps and your advisor, Christian Witten. Christian, welcome to the program. Thanks so much for joining me again. And I want to start out with some of the shocking scenes we have been seeing coming out of Portland, Oregon. We talket a bit with this on the program last week, and it just keeps going off, with the National Guard trying to deal with Antifa and radical left anarchists. Now the President has posted on true social saying we will never allow mobs to take over our streets, burn our cities, or destroy America. The National Guard is now in place and has been dedicated to restoring law and order, ending the chaos, death and destruction.
Speaker 1: Christian tell us.
Speaker 2: About what has been going on in Portland and is this going to be another one of these testing grounds for using military force to take down some of these organizations loosely or more formally organized that seem to have really well, there's no other word but insurrection on their mind.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Portland used to be a nice town. It's always spent a little bit gritty, but really in the late nineties, following the example of New York City with something similar to broken windows policing, you saw the murder rate decline, and throughout the late nineties and early two thousands, the murder rate was in the twenties, maybe thirty per year, and then it's skyrocketed and it stayed high. It's off of it's all time high around the pandemic the Summer of Love where it exceeded one hundred, but it's been in the seventies. And you see the result of progressive rule. The place is full of bums, bordered up shops, crime. It's actually done the impossible and make downtown Seattle, in downtown San Francisco look nice by of Harrison. And I think what you're seeing is that is that Donald Trump, the Trump and administration saw what happened in Washington, and the white liberals, the hippie boomer liberals who aren't affected by crime as much, we're the ones protesting, and the people who are often minorities, poorer people, were actually welcoming of the National Garden. There's an expectation that this is going to happen in Portland too, that the people who affected most by crime are going to welcome the National Guarden.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and you know, we've seen these sort of flags and different protests and so on on the screen here while you've been speaking, and you know, it's all the different omni cause.
Speaker 1: Sort of issues.
Speaker 2: But the big issue, of course seems to be immigration and ice facilities, and they've been protesting. Therefore, I think more than one hundred days. This can't be allowed to continue, can it.
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 7: We fought a war over this issue of whether states could defy federal authority and whether states could sort of just decide that things that are approved by Congress and by the president, namely our immigration laws are just suddenly optional and they can have carve rounds. For example, benefits are intended for US citizens or people who have been here lawfully for a long time and on our on a path to citizenship, and yet we have the Democrats shutting down the government in order to maintain free healthcare for illegals, things like that with Portland. Yeah, the question is are we going to enforce federal laws. That's what I does, that's what CBP does, And the fact that they are being obstructed by locals, encouraged by local politicians is really no different than Southern defiance of federal authority in advance of the Civil War. That issue was settled.
Speaker 1: Well, exactly right.
Speaker 2: And I think there's also a parallel I think with the Civil Rights Act and what's happening now with Antifa, and that all has to be dealt with. But this radical left here Christian it has been so unhinged, and there's been so much weirdness from them. I was absolutely struck by Randy Weingard and the president of the American Federation of Teachers, so in charge of educating everybody's kids. Randy had this to say on MSNBC.
Speaker 15: There is a reason why in Norway, when the Nazis took over Norway, That's why I'm wearing this paper clip. I wear two things now, the American flag, nobody can take patriotism away from me, and a paper clip. What are the teachers in Norway when there was when there was a Nazi occupation, they started wearing paper clips?
Speaker 2: So Christian This is part of this narrative here. And she's promoting a book called Why Fascist Sphere Teachers, But this is part of this narrative here that you know, the Right are a bunch of fascists, they are a bunch of Nazis. And it seems to me this is really normalizing potential violence, because of course, if the right, our fascists said Nazis, well, you know, what are you allowed to do.
Speaker 1: In order to fight it?
Speaker 2: It seems shocking to me that somebody in charge of kids would be saying.
Speaker 7: This, Yeah, this really just a truly revolting person, and not just because of this where she's actually engaging in projection. It's where where someone doing something actually accuses someone else of doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is the.
Speaker 7: One that's trying to stifle free speech by dehumanizing her opponents. She's the one refusing to engage in legitimate debate. If anyone's a fascist, is she and her progressive friends. And it's just you know, again, this person is supposed to be in charge of education, and what does this have to do with public school education other than convincing people we need to keep a closer eye on what's going on in public schools and with these government unions. So really beyond the pale what she is doing.
Speaker 1: And also, I.
Speaker 7: Mean, I don't think it's going to work. I think she's actually something that can help get Republicans elected because it's clear that the progressives haven't learned a whole lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's just shocking. And also I would say and add a shocking insult, I think to victims of the Holocaust to compare this administration to Nazis. But anyway, let's also keep talking here about what's happening on the left here, we've seen more fallout from the Jimmy Kimmel very brief suspension. There was exchange between Kimmell and another late night host, Stephen Colbert, talking about Trump.
Speaker 1: Havelok, of this, did you.
Speaker 7: Ever think the president of the United States would be celebrating your unemployment?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's son of a you know, is really un the lonle mister set of it, I mean out is royal.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 16: No, I never imagine that we'd ever have a president like this, and I hope we don't ever have another president like this again, I mean, I never imagine. I never even imagined there would ever be a situation in which the president of our country was celebrating hundreds of Americans losing their jobs. But somebody who took pleasure in that, That, to me is the absolute opposite of what a leader of this country is supposed to be.
Speaker 2: The Christian I thought the left celebrated when people they didn't like lost their jobs.
Speaker 1: What do you make of that?
Speaker 7: Well, again, here's someone who has learned nothing from what's happened and from the political developments in this country where the people have spoken clearly, and also two people who have really done a great job, corrupting their profession comedy, which is an important profession actually, and of ruining what was a very simple cash cow, which is late night television, which used to be soft humor, and an occasional political job delivered on both sides of the political aisle. I don't think Johnny Carson did much politics at all, Jay Leno, and even David Letterman, who's a bona fide pinko now when he helmed Late Night, wasn't that much into politics. And these two chase short term games. Going political in the Obama years and then in the early Trump years actually got him a brief ratings bomp and beat the competition.
Speaker 1: But if you look.
Speaker 7: More broadly at Late Night as a whole, it's dead. It's gone away. People don't watch this. It's not actually funny, it's not humorous, it's not clever. Satire requires you can't actually hate the people you satirize. I mean, no one thinks that Dana Carvey loved or voted for George H. W. Bush when he parodied him. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but you know, he parodied him so well. Because yeah, I just I don't think you can hate the people you parodied. These people clearly hate Republicans, and it's accelerating the demise of the incumbent networks in the US.
Speaker 1: It's terrible for the culture.
Speaker 2: And I'll just point out, you know, Dana Carvey did do that great George Bush, but no one ever did Joe Biden, and he was pretty lampootable as well. Thanks so much, Christian Whitten. Really appreciate your time. Thanks for joining me on the US Report. Now don't go away because after a short break, we've got Kelly j and Torrence on zoron Mom Dobby coming to us from New York.
Speaker 1: But in the meantime, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if you've had a bit of these sniffles that have been going around, you know, but they have even hit in the White House and MAHA Health Chief Bobby Kennedy.
Speaker 1: We'll get it down even further. But insulin people weren't taking it. I would imagine.
Speaker 10: They couldn't take God bless you, Bobby Hope, I didn't catch COVID.
Speaker 1: Just there. You give me a packed love it immediately.
Speaker 2: They get me a packslovean too, and you go get yourself a drink and be back after the break because we've got Kelly Jane Torrens coming up next. Welcome back to the program. Well, joining me now is a great friend of the program. New York Post Editor at Large, Kelly Jane Towrets, Thank you so much for joining me here on the program. I love having you on because I love talking about the old hometown, New York City and Merril candidate zo Ron Mom Donnie, or as I like to call him, Mom Donnie, the comed He was on the View this week and he clapt back at the President's claim that he is a communist. So let's see how he fared.
Speaker 17: Is attacking you as a communist? Are you No, I'm a democratic socialist. That means I believe in dignity.
Speaker 1: For all people. You're not a communist. I agree with that.
Speaker 17: No, I'm not a communist, and I think you know, a lot of New Yorkers have asked me, what does it mean that you're a democratic socioert. Yes, and I tell them to think about the words of Doctor King from decades ago. He said, call it democracy or call it democratics socialism. There has to be a better distribution of wealth for all of God's children in this country.
Speaker 18: And that's the hard Okay, he's rooting for your opponent, Andrew Cromo.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that is?
Speaker 17: You know, he is looking to clear the field for Andrew Cuomo because he knows that Andrew Cuomo would clear the field for Trump's agenda. This is speaking about a former governor who, when he looked at the deployment of the National Guard in California, told New Yorkers don't overreact. This is a moment where we have to address the administration for what it is, which is authoritarian.
Speaker 2: Kelly Jane Torrens, give me a little bit of hope here that just maybe Zorn Mamdani going on the view means that he's not actually campaigning in the city, and just maybe I can't even believe I'm going to say this, Maybe God help us, Andrew Cuomo win's up winning it. I never thought I'd be in the camp of rooting for Andrew Cuomo.
Speaker 14: James.
Speaker 18: I can tell you a lot of New Yorkers are in that position right now. I talk to people almost daily who say they can't belie they're going to have to hold their nose and vote for Andrew Cuomo. But that's because Zorn Mundani is dangerous and it's quite funny that he denies being a communist.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 18: He famously said just a few years ago that he believes government should seize the means of production. I mean that sounds pretty common me. I think Mark Xanengel would agree. And in fact, you know, PolitiFact did a fact check. Now was that communist and him saying that, and they said it was false because though it's associated with communist Zoran didn't go on to explain exactly what he meant by it, which, you know, I think we all know what it means when you say that government should seize the means of production.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, I mean in the meantime, since we've last spoken, Eric Adams has dropped out of the race, which I think is a real shame because for all of his slightly odd behaviors, let's just put it that way, he was not a bad mayor. I don't think he was. And we've got Andrew Cuomo. Now, some New York Republicans, I find this bizarre, are urging an investigation into whether he violated federal safety guidance by sending COVID infected patients released from hospitals back into nursing homes.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Now, that was a terrible time, and what he did was a terrible thinking, Well, why are they pushing this issue now if it's only going to lead potentially to this Mamdani administration.
Speaker 18: I worry, James, that some Republicans have the idea, well, let's just burn it all down. Okay, let's let New York have a Democratic socialist mayor. It'll ruin the city, but hey, it'll be great for Republicans, maybe even great for Republicans in the midterms. To them, I say, well, you don't live here. It's not going to be great for New York. It's not going to be great for New Yorkers. You know, as a single woman who you know often gets home from work late at night, I worry about my own safety of prime increases, which invariably would under Zoraman doc. Obviously, what Andrew Coleman did was terrible, and he really should have some accountability for it. He's finally, just, by the way, just apologize to Jewish New Yorkers for outlawing large gatherings, including religious ones, during the pandemic. But this is you know, did he follow or was he against federal guidelines? I mean, the guy might have lied to Congress. There's already an investigation into that. You know, following federal guidelines is not you know, whether he did or not. It's not the least of Andrew Cuomo sins, that's for sure. And the timing does look very suspect.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, look, it does look suspect. And I think you're absolutely right. I think we need to make this point about New York because what's bad for New York is ultimately bad for the United States because it is the big engine of commerce and culture and so much else. So yeah, that whole you know, go to hell New York attitude, I think it's probably dangerous. But other things happening in New York too, where we had the big UN General Assembly meeting the other week, And I want to tell you about this, a great piece you wrote in the New York Post about the fecklessness of the UN, particularly with the Iranian president being photographed with u n chief Antonio Guterres. Now, the president called out so many of the falls of the United States Nations, but you know, this seems to be really where we see the full corruption of what this organization is about.
Speaker 18: Yeah, James, I have to say, you know, the response to President Trump's speech, you know, among the elites was shocked, shocked that he would actually criticized in United Nations. He asked for the purpose of God forbid. I know he's doing much good, right, and thank you so much for your kind words on my piece. You know, when I met, you know, when during the United Nations generalsembly, I met with a lot of contacts and friends who are of Iranian background. They fled the country. They were, you know, quite upset that, you know, this man is standing on the UN stage, claimed to be a representative of the people and simply lying and you know, again proving the fecklessness.
Speaker 1: Of the UN.
Speaker 18: He was given a platform, you know, as they called it in the article, kind of a hangman's platform to lie. And just the day before his speech, a non governmental organization released the news that there have been at least one thousand executions in Iran so far this year. That's a thirty year high. But The New York Times still called this president a moderate in describing his speech in which he lied and claimed that Iran has never tried to get a nuclear weapon, and then Iran wants to end bloodshed in its region and around the world, which is certainly a news to the thousand people that he's killed already this year.
Speaker 2: It's just it is just shocking and the moral bankruptcy of the un I mean, good on Donald Trump again for delivering that absolute haymaker of a speech. Hey, finally, just before I let you go, I want to just finish on some great of I guess I know journalistic karma about somebody called shann Daniels and in twenty twenty, she was studying journalism at Northwestern University, talking about Donald Trump when he came to power and when he lost power, about the threat to her life as a black woman, and the purity of white power that Donald Trump represents. Well, I want to bring this up because Shyanne Daniels is now a.
Speaker 1: Reporter for Politico.
Speaker 2: How does Politica wind up hiring somebody he's supposedly at a neutral publication who is talking about all sorts of stuff and being tearful when Donald Trump won and all of that. How are we supposed to take this stuff? Seriously?
Speaker 18: Great question, James. And she's been reporting on Donald Trump. It's not like she's just working there on some other beat. She is definitely on the White House beat, and you kind of wonder about their judgment, and you know, I have to you know, I hired a dozen reporters last year when I was overseeing our swing state action coverage at the Post, and I looked at social media. I looked at social media of people that I was hiring because I wanted people with good judgment for such an important job. And like, did Politico do any vetting of this person? And it is kind of hilarious that, you know, she cried when Donald Trump won in twenty sixteen, but in twenty twenty she was crying too, but this time tears of joy at Biden winning. It's just, you know, again, this person is not going to be treating Donald Trump or his administration fairly. And you know, honestly, just reading her comments, it's like a parody of the you know, the liberal reporter crying liberal tears that you know, collecting in a coffee cup, just made for conservatives. So it's pretty crazy and it's amazing. But you know, political you know, has had reporters who had you know, who were having affairs with people, you know, in the administration, previous administration, and you know, all kinds of stuff. So you really do have to wonder there's certainly no earth of people in this country who can write at least the political standards.
Speaker 1: Well, which are not all that high. Let's be honest about it.
Speaker 2: And you know what I think, if you're crying about elections one way or the other, maybe you've got other problems. Kelly jan In Trantz, thank you so much for joining me. Everybody read her stuff at the New York Post. Now stick around. I've got one here though, before we go to a break, one for all the cat people out there. Whatever you think of those Hakeim memes we talked about earlier. Well, the Democrats have tried to go down their own social media path. Have a look at this video they've put out about the government shut down, which has been described by some people as the cringiest thing to hit politics since thea Kabala Harris campaign.
Speaker 19: Have a look Publican and Democrat kitties cannot agree on what should be funded. Democrat kitties want you to have health care. Republican kitties do not. Republican kitties control the Senate House and the White House, so they're using that to cut your health care and give money to Billionairesocrat kitty tries to negotiate, but Republican Kitty keeps running away.
Speaker 9: He has a vacation to get to.
Speaker 19: Uh oh, suddenly the money you pay for your health insurance has tripled, thanks Republicans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was pretty bad.
Speaker 2: It may be catnip for the Democratic base, but I don't think it.
Speaker 1: Scratches the surface of the problem.
Speaker 2: Anyway, We're gonna take a quick pause, get it, but Only in America after the break, Welcome back to the program. And now it's time for a little segment we like to call only in America.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, while the bureaucrats in Washkin are on furlough in Florida, they are working hard. And this guy, Sheriff Grady Judge in Polk County, Florida, well, he may be America's greatest living public servant, going viral for his press conferences about what may be some of Erica's stupidest criminals. Here's Sheriff jud showing off some of the loot they confiscated from some local drug dealers.
Speaker 5: I got their drip, I got their body, we got their guns, we got their dope. And that's what we're going to talk about today.
Speaker 2: Well, that is a very nice drip, Sheriff. And here he is warning locals about you know what, I think this just speaks for itself. But keep an eye on the deputy over his shoulder, trying not to laugh.
Speaker 12: So you order up a prostitute, and that's what you think you're getting. Now when you look at that, you go, man, that's pretty rough. But you know, any important the storm and then the next morning when you wake up you find out this is do it really is? Yeah, we call kyote ugly.
Speaker 2: And here he is closing the cell door on a couple of burglars who love this called the cops because they needed help to move their loot.
Speaker 9: I guess you say, well what do you think, Honnie.
Speaker 20: Well, we're not in New York anymore. Give me a kiss goodbye, because we're not going to get to stay in the same Jeff cell in Polk County.
Speaker 2: Sheriff Judd, well done, sir, keeping Polk County safe and the rest of us entertain. Well that's all the time we have this week. Try and stay out of jail in the meantime until next time. Bye bye,