Speaker 1: Alone.
Speaker 2: Nothing beats a jet to holiday.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, gen Z's in the house. Hey, Brody, m my store y. Gotta got a light checking out. Oh oh we got new meat. We got fresh meat. We've got fresh meat podcast.
Speaker 3: This is my third.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Navy's done a few.
Speaker 1: Nathaniel, good morning, Good morning Jason Nathaniel, your boss.
Speaker 3: Didn't we do one when you were off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We did the holiday. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you get the fanuel very often?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: A story I won't bother the whole podcast with. So when I was sorry.
Speaker 1: To take over here, maybe can wrap up music.
Speaker 3: So when I was twenty, my first europe holiday, we were going overseas and I went to checking me and my best mate, we're going overseas, we're probably doing I reckon fifteen internal European flight. It's a big spent eight weeks and I mean it was all the cheap airlines right yet I went to check in for my first flight and it was Nathaniel. Now, if your passport doesn't match your name and international flight, you don't fly. No message to my mate, I was like, my name is not Nathaniel. Where did you get this from? And he's like, no, no, no, you definitely told me three months ago, your name is Nathaniel. So I looked through my messages. I found a message from him at three am zero context Nathan or Nathaniel, and I replied with a gift at three forty in the morning. And I don't remember doing it, and he's rolled with that, booked all my flights under Nathaniel. I'm Nathan.
Speaker 5: I've been calling you Nathaniel since I started Nathaniel?
Speaker 2: Are you Nathan?
Speaker 4: Nathan is so weird?
Speaker 3: Now this joke hasn't made zero sense to any of you, has it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm sitting through the whole joke going.
Speaker 3: You called out receptionist Vivian for a year.
Speaker 1: You think you know someone I know? I look at you. Totally got Nathan in my life. I kind of another.
Speaker 3: One we've got. It was that name, Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But it was almost.
Speaker 3: Because of that. Then everyone started to calling me Nathaniel because it is your last name, not dog.
Speaker 1: Mine.
Speaker 4: Microwave, Microwave, Jenny Microwave, that's my name.
Speaker 1: Brodie, Yes, are you doing a bus party tomorrow?
Speaker 4: When is he ever not doing a box friends?
Speaker 5: If he bucks bart tomorrow for the Great Noles, You're catering. We are Bowls Clubs catering. We're having egg and bacon sandwiches in the morning.
Speaker 1: Am at the Bowls Club.
Speaker 2: No, that's at his parents place.
Speaker 1: My dad get to be involved in the box.
Speaker 5: Denver is his old man. He's very good man, Denver yep. And then we're trying to get a can from a special guest who is a massive Sin kild A fan and he loves one person in particular who's a bit of a controversial character within the AFL who I've been reached out to.
Speaker 2: A prases.
Speaker 5: It looks like he might if he isn't in court, which I don't believe he is.
Speaker 2: He is today, but he's not tomorrow. Question Ricky Chicken Nixon, have you Oh he loves Ricky Chicken Nixon.
Speaker 1: Have you used your title here at Nova to try and get the Bucks party video?
Speaker 2: Oh? I know Chicken a little bit. I have chickens.
Speaker 1: That was my question, Yeah you have. Is there a good chance I'm going to have this interview on.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Chicken should hopefully be making appearance, which will be thrilling for all. But sometimes you just got to use it. You know, it gets you, It.
Speaker 1: Gets you should tied in, like get him to do that? What your mate?
Speaker 2: Knowles?
Speaker 1: Hey, Knowles, this is my one phone call. Just wanted to use it saying happy bucks.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know if the case wraps today, the scraps today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, you might have to go to the video.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You always you always drop your workplace.
Speaker 6: I never do what else, Like if you booking into a restaurant, I always put my work email as opposed to my personal because they see no over entertainment and they're like, oh.
Speaker 1: What about a fucking Jenny at travel World or Mason is a Golden fan should but it's table.
Speaker 4: I've never would have thought.
Speaker 3: Don't be like you're in trouble.
Speaker 4: Personal, bro, I'm not. I don't think I'm in trouble. I just think that's smart.
Speaker 1: Remember doing I was doing weekend shifts on Today FM back in the day, and my maid of mind and I had to move house. So we may have done a deal with like a grace removals just for a couple of cheeky plugs. But you're tired in being like, you know, this is Today FM. Nathaniel's on the Library, have to today Nathaniel oh Man, I'm a worker. I work for Grace Removals. Just moving out mate, You guys the best in the business. What song do you want to hear?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The next hour, I guess who wanted a request again?
Speaker 4: It's like, do you know what?
Speaker 6: When I was working at Electric, one of the girls in the line came up to me and she said, now, my name is so and so I work at Mecca.
Speaker 4: Let's make a deal.
Speaker 6: If you want anything from Mecca, I'll give you forty percent off if you can get me into the club quick and for free.
Speaker 4: I was like, absolutely done.
Speaker 3: And did it work?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You got to play to your advantace.
Speaker 1: Cash for comment ruined all the fun days.
Speaker 3: That's not my line, doesn't apply to myself.
Speaker 2: Club entry Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if I can get If you can beat the line at the club and get up straight away without paying, that's a win.
Speaker 1: But you've got to have the job to back it up. Don't be just rolling out at the club this weekend. Go all right? Jase Sawkins worked for Ferrari, I can get here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she's been getting me off.
Speaker 3: Mecca ever since.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wild pretty quick?
Speaker 4: Well, like that's such a smart plate worked your advantage out wheel and dealing in.
Speaker 2: The city that used to be around called c Q, which everyone called the Big House, which was free entry.
Speaker 5: For AFL or vfls a footballs guaranteed entry otherwise twenty five bucks and a few our mates were playing VFL AFL at the time, and so they just all right, here's the name of some guy on the list. And no one was googling back then because Google, like it was like ten bucks to google anything.
Speaker 2: So yeah, going as Dan Farmer, No, Whri's bank. And then so you just borrow a name.
Speaker 1: They go, yeah, fucking Jim Bob the security card probably knows your bullshitting and couldn't give two ships. He's just.
Speaker 2: Always a few boys that were actually playing AFL.
Speaker 5: So they go, oh, yeah, that looks about right, and you know, you presume that you're all together except for except for some that didn't quite look like they were at the level.
Speaker 6: Look, don't get me wrong, when you drop a name drop, it's the cringest thing you ever do in your life.
Speaker 1: Whose name dropped at Electric?
Speaker 6: A lot of people like, yeah, a lot of people name drop, like the staff.
Speaker 4: So they go, oh, it's like Janeye working tonight.
Speaker 1: I just want to say hi. Yeah, I don't really just want to get the who's Janey?
Speaker 6: Janey's like the chick that runs I don't know who they say, freak out, freak out and turn around. Yeah you got a name drop?
Speaker 1: What's what's there? What's the cover charge?
Speaker 6: Oh there is depending on what night it is, but it's usually around the thirty dollar mark.
Speaker 4: You never had to worry, Jason.
Speaker 6: I've always looked after you when you've rocked up and you.
Speaker 4: And your name.
Speaker 1: I rolled out of the cab and saw you right that night. Have a nice weekend is here as well?
Speaker 4: Appointment I've got.
Speaker 1: You never know, I have a nice weeaking who else give us names?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well like give us clues. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean I've name dropped. I've name dropped my brother. So like that works.
Speaker 1: That used to see anyone listening to the podcast Now they rock up an electric and ars.
Speaker 6: Some may stop, yeah sometimes, but like usually the footballs and stuff know all the security.
Speaker 2: Anyway, drop your brother's.
Speaker 4: So when Bryce was playing.
Speaker 6: Here, like when I was nineteen, and I'd fly over and I was young and naive and I just wanted to get it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, because you're old and not naive now and.
Speaker 4: I would drop his name everywhere, all the clubs everything.
Speaker 6: There was this one night I went to Love Machine and I woke his big bouncer of.
Speaker 4: Like he had a bald head. He was huge and he was so scary and Bryce told me to go to this place and whatever rocked up. I said, oh, you know so and so sister, can you get us in?
Speaker 6: And he just like this big think of this big scary man just looked at me and he goes, oh my god, are you serious? Sure, come on thread, It's amazing. Yeah, he wheeling deeling.
Speaker 4: That's what laughs about.
Speaker 2: For context, Macy's brother was a FAMAS football Yes.
Speaker 4: That was yeah Peg. They called him mystical.
Speaker 3: What happened to you?
Speaker 4: I worked, I work in radio with you.
Speaker 2: Ad athlete though like you, quite a good runner, all.
Speaker 4: Unpre coordinated, didn't excel in a sport.
Speaker 1: You can see you're doing hurdles.
Speaker 4: I did. There's a video of me doing high jump and I jumped over the pole and I missed the bag and I landed on the floor.
Speaker 1: Jesus crossed your job.
Speaker 4: It was really embarrassing.
Speaker 1: That'll get up on the absolutely look out for a social what's your running for the weekend.
Speaker 3: Quiet, I think I'm being born and land Low.
Speaker 1: You're you're like Forrest Gump at the moment. You're running every weekend. I know, yeah, you're righting the marathon zone at the moment.
Speaker 3: But three weeks before my next marathon was it Gold Ghosts?
Speaker 1: So you paying to fly yourself around the weld and take America?
Speaker 3: Shoul probably trying to get a little sponsor shouldn't you should will and dealing. I am doing it for a charity, to be honest.
Speaker 1: So they put Nathan or Nathaniel on the Nate Nate, a friend of.
Speaker 2: Mine's marathon sponsors didn'ty and it's unbelievable. It makes good money doing.
Speaker 3: It adds up like you've got flights and like the calum on those weekends. Yeah, Gold ghost I didn't realize. I went to book yesterday. It's school holidays. It's gonna fly myself.
Speaker 4: Don't you have to pay to run in the marathon?
Speaker 3: Assex helped me out with the couple and gave me some new wheels, which was quite nice of them.
Speaker 2: And they're the brand new sponsored Jason Lauren just.
Speaker 5: As an underhanded deal.
Speaker 1: Really surprise ye.
Speaker 3: So They looked at me a little bit. But yeah, I fly myself around and get myself around. But yeah, I'll go for some runs.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do? The New York or the London.
Speaker 3: I'd like to do with both of those, to be fair, would be good.
Speaker 1: New York ald be insane. What am I got some friends over tomorrow? Can do cook a spit? Check?
Speaker 3: Pol Is it the full hog?
Speaker 1: No? No, I'm going to do half lamb, half chicken.
Speaker 4: My question?
Speaker 1: What's it?
Speaker 4: That was my question because there's this spit classified as the pig.
Speaker 1: Well, like the metal skewer, you know how you get like a big barbecue. It's got like the big lid and I've got the big metals. But you take the metal skewer just into the butcher and they loaded up for you, glad wrap it, you pick it up. I took it home like last time we did it. I'm like, this isn't gonna fit in my fucking fridge. And he has just chucking the bathtub with a bag of ice over. If you're cooking in the morning, it's good. Took the glad wrap off, clipped it in the barbecue, hit go. Three hours later, She's good.
Speaker 3: Birds bringing the crew over there from nine a m.
Speaker 2: Roll into town.
Speaker 1: They won't want they won't want the spit. They're welcome.
Speaker 2: Behind them.
Speaker 4: That's cool. So you're having lemon chicken? I thought spit was just peg.
Speaker 1: What you could do pork?
Speaker 4: That is pig?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah him there, yeah, absolute done him there. Hello, you got me.
Speaker 1: Pause for edit. You could do chicken very good and you're quiet. I'm quiet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna I'll do run.
Speaker 2: I'll do I do run.
Speaker 1: I do run well almost cross paths. Last week we did almost of birthday Jersey. I was at the Irish pub. I just missed Nathaniel and the Irish birth thing yep. And he said I'm going to the football. I might buzz you afterwards. Hit me up. No word could have ended up back at instant A little.
Speaker 2: Friday Friday night, Molly Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Friday night was a little out of hands.
Speaker 2: That comes Saturday night looking up because of the marathon.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like to have one on one off. Yeah on one off is quite nice and then refreshed for the second one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, very nicely on the door.
Speaker 4: Quiet. This weekend quite a big weekend and it was nice to see the van, but this weekend low key?
Speaker 1: Should I be don't be rocking up for electric asking for the dog?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Do you know what this kind of weather is? Just like, get a bottle of wine on the couch, put a movie on and just chill out.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm doing. So I'm gonna get Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 3: It's like an Italian lighter red.
Speaker 2: It's not what's it called.
Speaker 3: It's not a similar to because the day put me on another good choice.
Speaker 1: So what's what would be the one up from a peanut and one like one not being lighter? I like, if I had to go up, heavier is at the top it say?
Speaker 3: And probably to be honest, green ash and Abiola and then you go to like a cab save.
Speaker 1: I think they shut down. But Milk the Cow was a great little wine.
Speaker 2: But that's still around. Yeah, this one was great.
Speaker 1: Cheese. I live right near there and shut down.
Speaker 2: Pretty much opposite the balls club. Pretty sure it was there a couple years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a couple of years.
Speaker 2: And there's one happens on like on straight.
Speaker 1: Straight maybe meat and cheese.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shmood or you're on the cheese wagon.
Speaker 3: Now, aren't you just tried You're you're in the cheese bag.
Speaker 5: I love blue cheese, blue cheese, still blue cheese.
Speaker 1: I got a double breath the other day, first time getting creamy cheese.
Speaker 4: You tried Mercy Valley, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Mercy unbelieved Valley is the peper the jalapino one.
Speaker 4: It's like a crumbly cheese. Oh yeah, it's like a block crumbled.
Speaker 1: You speak of downstairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cheese. Oh, it sound like goat cheese to cheese.
Speaker 4: Do you know what if you.
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: I put that goat cheese in my avocado and whip it around and put it on my toast in.
Speaker 1: The a little bit in arawn pasta last night.
Speaker 6: Do you know what if you want if you actually want to budget cheese so you can get a cold brand, it's like cream cheese with like chili sort of seasoning on top of it.
Speaker 3: It is unbelievable chili phillies.
Speaker 4: It's try to back me here, because you can get expensive cheese out are unreal, but this is like four dollars. It's so cheap, and it's probably up there with my favorite cheese.
Speaker 1: Cream cheese, good cheese. Selection of the Cols downstairs. A great cheese selection.
Speaker 2: I love a truffle cheese.
Speaker 1: I got coffee cheese the day coffee. It was like a coffee on the app.
Speaker 4: I would arguably say that you've got to nail the cracker because.
Speaker 1: So you know what I mean is so you know what I uses the vessel I bought it was like there were it was like cooked pit of bread broken into chips instead of like a cracker. It's like cooked pitter bread broken into chips.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's solid, isn't it.
Speaker 5: If you're getting desperate a and it's it is getting desperate finger a slice of like coon cheese or just a plain slice of cheese used for a bed of further cheese.
Speaker 2: Very good, very good.
Speaker 5: That's just compliments one another. And it doesn't look great.
Speaker 2: Question very good.
Speaker 1: I haven't entered the field of dips yet or paste.
Speaker 3: I was going to say to you just got on the Queen's past.
Speaker 4: You need to get onto.
Speaker 3: I never had it.
Speaker 4: You get it, so you get it like a water cracker, and you put on a a bit of bread. You could do a.
Speaker 6: Bit of bread, but a water cracker you put like a little bit of Maggie Beer Quint's paste on a bit of queen space and then like either your Mercy Valley crumbly cheese or.
Speaker 4: Your bree or whatever you want, any sort of cheese.
Speaker 1: What's the text? Like the text it looks almost.
Speaker 4: Like it's like, so you've got cheeses, like you would say, it's like, it's not but the pastes it's I don't know, it's just like a little bit of paste, but it's sweet.
Speaker 1: So you like jam, it's like a thick jam. It's like different flavors or is it just Quint's paste.
Speaker 4: Now you can get different flavors.
Speaker 3: Had the one and it's like a strawberry jam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I'm basic.
Speaker 3: I'm not from Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Gelatin jam slice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Can you get cheap ones where it's.
Speaker 4: A bit Yeah, I would do Maggie Beer Quince.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna if you're gonna break into the Quints world, you should go there. But it's like you've got your crack of that savory or your cheese out savory, and then you've got your little bit of sweet little bit of Quint and.
Speaker 1: It's when you sit on because I like, I like a cold meat like yeah, slichish.
Speaker 4: You can put a bit of slash or a bit of like little you know, he gets a little mini.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the formal life. I used to work in a delicate so used to see.
Speaker 1: That freaks me out. You're touching the meat, now touch all the meat, doesn't che.
Speaker 3: Is rock that works well with with the meat as well?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: A fruit that works well with the meat.
Speaker 1: I think it's big.
Speaker 3: That's Quen's face.
Speaker 1: Damn it. I'm going to fight at the pizza roven right, four hundred degrees, get a pan, drop a barrata. I love there for like twenty seconds.
Speaker 6: Have you seen that guy that I think happy Alan shout out. He eats the barrata.
Speaker 2: As you should.
Speaker 3: Last last an egg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things really get you go.
Speaker 4: It's actually amazing, so funny.
Speaker 1: Look at that weak little man taking bites, not for me.
Speaker 5: If I'm having a home, didn't just myself and I don't have to consider anyone else. I will cook five hundred grams of lamb mints and have one ball of barrata. If I'm trying to be.
Speaker 2: Slightly healthier, then you take this down. I'll do it regularly. So I say, I like it's only.
Speaker 5: Midwek because regular if it's midweek, because you're trying to look after yourself. You don't want to, you know, with a full thing of bar full thing. It's five hundreds of lambs.
Speaker 1: So you cook mints.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just salt, your salt, No herbs and svices.
Speaker 5: No, just going to be just so and lamb mince in a pan. You beauty, get an niceome crispy.
Speaker 1: Really taught me really through that. You put in a bowl.
Speaker 5: Yep, just put that in a bowl and then usually the residual salt from the lamb mince. I put the brada on top and let it sit there for about ten seconds. Just picks up a little bit of salt, grab the ball, bang straight into.
Speaker 1: The ball like an apple.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's perfect, and then over your no, because it drips down into the land MIT's and then that skin. Yeah, definitely absolutely the way you made to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I mean for the barrata.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would eat the thinking out about that meal.
Speaker 2: That's so good.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know what the guy that Delly put me onto the other day is a cannibal. That's another cheese. Not that's the main naise thing, such a telly or something like that. So basically what it is, it's a tub and it's just the inside of the Yes, such a pizzas you whack a couple of scoops of that on top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that would be a good time.
Speaker 4: Cheese.
Speaker 1: You'd have to find a guy that eats the container and everything just in fucking one taking a bite of the barrata.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got that out. You just got to scoff the whole thing.
Speaker 3: You send us all a photo of that.
Speaker 1: I really i'd like the video. And then what's your other favorite meal that you do with the dog?
Speaker 2: Sushi? Chips and wine?
Speaker 5: This is this is when when you this is when you're relaxing and tonight ahead of the bus.
Speaker 2: And treating the treading the body.
Speaker 5: It's usually done without clothing, just because it's easy to be naked and it's just nice to be naked.
Speaker 2: So you see on the couch and then on one side, you know.
Speaker 1: He's got a glass kitchen table. So he says, the glass kitchen just look at looking down. I was looking down for but I don't think i'd want to eat it.
Speaker 4: The thang is math this it's.
Speaker 1: One of those. Yeah, some mirrors and glass can make things look bigger.
Speaker 2: Not that one.
Speaker 5: You have sushi and it has to be gourmet chicken salad from Sushi Sushi on center, Rod and Bentley.
Speaker 2: Then you've got chips.
Speaker 5: Sometimes potato cakes, but mainly just fish and chip chips from the North Throat Fish and Chip Shop. And that's on the right hand side.
Speaker 3: So she left a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 5: And then I've got a bottle of wine in the middle between the way you just really mounted that bottle of wine. Oh, she's on the couch because she loves sushi chips.
Speaker 1: Is the miss there too.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I thought you meant that.
Speaker 1: Are you both sitting there.
Speaker 4: In the bottom of the wine wine?
Speaker 3: Is that a peanut?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Usually or a sparkling. I love sparkling. She used a glass straight at the bottle of dog because you don't need when it's just you.
Speaker 1: Do you feed the sushi in the chips to the door? Yeah?
Speaker 2: PASSI loves it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you let the dog sleep in the bed?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: She just have in her bed on the floor, but really freaks from my bed. Give a wake up, discovering dog here.
Speaker 5: She loves chips and she loves sushi, so she loves it.
Speaker 4: Isn't can you feed dog sushi?
Speaker 3: Apparently Passi loves it.
Speaker 5: They can't have it l now, otherwise you should kind of can't have grapes, so she not the skin though.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend. Everybody, Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I