Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on Gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 3: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and.
Speaker 2: I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group.
Speaker 3: Chat if it's trending, going viral or has your gripped and we're talking about.
Speaker 2: It, Well, this week we're not talking about it. In fact, it's me talking about it. And Brittany is not here right now. We woke up this morning, are here at High Scrollers HQ to a message from Brittany saying that she cannot make it today. We might let her explain what's happened next week, but basically, if you know Brittany, you know what a hustler she is. And if she says she cannot make it for whatever reason, there is a valid reason. And so this week Brittany is not with us, but I am joined by her understudy. Hello Star, Hello Sijay, Welcome to the show. We woke up this morning I panicked and Star was the first person that I rang and thankfully agreed to come and do the show.
Speaker 4: So we'll kick off in Justice second.
Speaker 2: But coming up on this episode, it's very fun because we are talking the TV week Logi Awards and all the petty grites that we have with that.
Speaker 1: We are trash talking the TV week Logi Awards.
Speaker 4: Really and we feel good after doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Plus we are giving you all the goss on the movie.
Speaker 3: It ends with us, we share our thoughts, we.
Speaker 2: Can finally talk about it. We both read the book. It's good to have another book lover here. Did we love it? Did we think they did it Justice? What do we think about the whole thing? We'll let you know soon. Plus, this is a very nostalgic episode, Star, You're known on the internet for doing a lot of nostalgic content and without even meaning to, we've gone on like a trip down memory lane. Also, very Central Coast heavy episode for all my cost is out there.
Speaker 1: The law runs deep with this episode.
Speaker 3: You've also dropped dropped a story about when you got held at a nice point.
Speaker 4: It's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you stick around for that. You'll absolutely love that. All that more coming up on this episode. Deal me and Jarl, Let's go.
Speaker 3: I've waited my whole life to be able to say this to you.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: I thought i'd get a break this week from having to hear that. My goodness, Hello Scrollers, Welcome to another episode of High Scrollers today. As we explained in the intro, Britney is not with us. Rest in peace, I fly high, et cetera. I have replaced her, which is very exciting for me, if I'm honest, I was very sad this morning when I woke up to the message from Brittany saying that she wouldn't be here, but super exciting because I get to have star on board.
Speaker 4: Which star is a big scroller?
Speaker 3: I actually am, like I said to you, Okay, first of all, i got a call from Matt before eight am, and I'm racking through my brain going what is going on here? Like someone in the industry been canceled?
Speaker 1: What's the goss? And you actually sounded really happy on the phone. I was like, oh, now, I don't.
Speaker 3: I actually have no idea what's happening, but yes, the rumors are true. I am a really big scroller. So like the fan to co host pipeline.
Speaker 1: Never give up on your dreams. Guys. Sorry, britt I hope you feel better.
Speaker 3: But I'm here, which is the most important thing.
Speaker 4: He's loving it.
Speaker 2: I'm loving the energy, and it's an honor to have you here. And Starr and I have such good friends. I was when I was thinking who could fill in today? Star was the first person, first of all, because I knew she'd be awake before eight am, as so many.
Speaker 4: Of us aren't.
Speaker 2: And I knew you'd be up doing like a hot girl walk or something, so I thought I'd cool. And then second of all, I was like, it just makes sense because one, you obviously know how the show works, but two, I was singing. Star and I go for walks all the time, and it is very much like you know that friend that like when you get together and go on a walk, there is no topic off limits. You talk about absolutely everything. It's quite like a close friend's story. Here on the podcast, we have dn ms every walk that we have and like spill every secret from our life with each other. And I mean that's high scrollers, that's Brittany and my relationship as well is there's no topic that's off limits. So I was like, Star is the perfect person to fill in today. So it's very exciting to have you here, but also a little weird, like I feel like I'm like, I'm like, this feels illegal it I feel like I'm cheating.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm cheating on Brittany. But that's all right.
Speaker 2: She hopefully will be back next week.
Speaker 3: I hope so too. But it is an absolute honor to be sitting here in this chair. And I must say, every time we get to the end of our hot girl walks, we get back to the car like okay, bye, and then we end up standing there for another twenty minutes because I like, oh, just one more things to talk about.
Speaker 1: Oh and oh my god, what about this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then we also sit in the car individually, yeah, for some quiet time for like at least forty five minutes and have a wet scroll.
Speaker 2: And then we drive home, and then we sit in the car at home as well, and then like we'll send each other a TikTok or something like forty minutes later and Star will be like, are you still sitting in the car, And I'm like, yeah, I haven't got out yet.
Speaker 4: So that's so fun.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a huge honor to have you here and be able to say, first and foremost, what is your royal flush of the week.
Speaker 3: Oh, it has been a big week on the internet. But the first thing that came to mind for me this morning was Cucumber Talk.
Speaker 1: Are you on Cucumber Top?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I actually saw that you made the cucumber recipe the other day. Okay, in case you missed it, there's this guy named Logan on TikTok, not to be confused with Logan Paul.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's separate the two, and.
Speaker 2: He believes Have you seen Logan Paul's now a wrestler or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's in the WWE.
Speaker 2: I saw him backflipping off a trampoline or something and body slamming someone.
Speaker 4: The other day. I said telling you doing way too much?
Speaker 3: Come on, please, are you going to start doing that thing?
Speaker 1: You've been on the internet for a while.
Speaker 2: Two. Imagine the rebrand to WWA. Well, you know what's funny is there's a WWE wrestler called Big Show. The Big Show is actually so when you when I was saying big Show, originally people were like, like the WWE wrestler And if you type in big Show to the internet, like all these wrestling images come up and I didn't realize that. But how funny is that? Maybe I think i'd be good at wrestling.
Speaker 1: I like it's pretty cam.
Speaker 3: I could see you in like a reputation kind of vibe outfit and then you just come out all the lights like out smoke machines. It would be stunning. Also, big show the wrestler, see you in court?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know. Well, actually I think we'll see him in court because he's doing me. I think he'd have the trademark. I think they would have worked that out. But no, I can see myself as a wrestler. I mean, realistically, wrestling is just theater, isn't it. Yeah, it's all theater. It's all fake, it's all choreographed. They're they're they're giving. It's giving musical theater without the music. But I just love the drama of a wrestling entrance. Oh it's amazing when they walk out and they've got the big you know, dinner plate trophy belt thing around their shoulder and they're waving, and the way that the men go crazy for these other men oiled up in tiny little speedos wrestling other oiled up, tiny little speedos man. I mean really, it's it is a queer event as far as I'm concerned. Wrestling is Marti Gras you heard it here first. Anyway, what's made happening with the cucumber?
Speaker 1: Back to cucumber talk.
Speaker 3: So we've got logan on TikTok who believes you should eat an entire cucumber a day, and not like a little Lebanese cucumber, like a full on massive one. And he has gone so viral for creating all of these cucumber recipes. He slices his cucumber with a mandolin. Is that what it's called?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Which, what a great drag name.
Speaker 2: Please welcome to the stage, a man, Darlin.
Speaker 3: But also the thing about it is it terrifies me because people are slice in away their bloody cucumbers and losing half of their finger in the process. I've seen so many tiktoks of people ending up in the ear because they've gone too hard with it. Just slow down, everyone. But I've also seen him kind of encroach into onion territory as well. He says, sometimes you need to eat an entire onion, and I'm just not sure.
Speaker 2: I can't get around that. I mean, I can't eat an onion with the stomach issues going on. The goudy shoes are onions, Yeah, unfortunately, I would love to love them.
Speaker 4: But I also just like when.
Speaker 2: I made the video about the cucumbers, the amount of people were like, it should have added this, and I'm like, that wasn't in the recipe that I followed, and then people being like you forgot the onion and I'm like, well, I left it out on purpose because I can't eat them, like I didn't just it was it was real young though, I will admit, have you tried it yet? No?
Speaker 3: But I feel like I usually eat a cucumber every day anyway.
Speaker 1: But what I don't fuck with.
Speaker 4: Also, yeah, you got sweat.
Speaker 2: I lie, you're on the fuckinghar st Rollers podcast live.
Speaker 1: I don't fuck with is letting the cucumber go soggy.
Speaker 3: It's like when you eat wheat bix, do you let the milk sit there and let the cereal go really soggy? And I kind of feel like it's the same with cucumber. You need the crunch. I'm not interested in a flaccid cucumber salad.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think mine went flaccid.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good. You nailed the timing then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I had it's right away, What do you do? Let it sit there and congeal.
Speaker 3: Sometimes there's too many steps and they're shaking for too long, like time is of the essence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, Mie was definitely crunchy. I was really surprised because I don't love cucumbers. And I also can't believe we're talking about this. It's just so random. But you know, we've had a lot of We've had a lot of good things happen on this podcast. I mean, I cut my first carrot. Now I've sliced my first cucumber on a mandolin. But I loved the recipe. But first of all, at the moment, very hard to source a cucumber. Lebanese cucumbers everywhere, saw plenty of those, but no like actual cucumbers. Couldn't find them anywhere. And then I said that in the video and someone goes, it's not because of him, it's because they're out of season. I was six bloody dollars. I thought, this is gonna send me bro I think I've got all the ingredients. I think it cost me sixty dollars to make this cucumber salad. Yeah. I was literally looking at the receipt, going, well, if it's for a video, can I climb it on tag? Sure? I mean god, but yeah, I made the made it.
Speaker 4: It's really good.
Speaker 2: Because I don't like cucumbers, but I really enjoyed that, so it's good.
Speaker 4: I've got one more.
Speaker 2: In the fridge as well, because I want to make more of like a creamy version. Yeah, because I made I don't know what he calls it. He has a name for it. But I made the you know, the soy sauce with the sesame oil and that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, delicious, delicious.
Speaker 1: Have you seen as well?
Speaker 3: In the UK, there's been a salmonella outbreak with cucumbers, and of course people are like, Logan, are you going to speak about the salmonella?
Speaker 1: It's like, I am not even.
Speaker 2: Not him having to make a statement about salmonella in cucumber.
Speaker 4: Oh god.
Speaker 3: So stay safe out there if you're on cucumber top, yeah, be careful of your fingers, don't slice them off.
Speaker 1: And also salmonel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, how are you even getting salmonella from a cucumber? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Nothing is safe.
Speaker 2: Rogue honestly, Well, my row flush of the week spoke to me. You know how some on this podcast, as a fan of the show, you'd know stuff you know on this podcast. I sometimes say it's so good when someone else says exactly what you're thinking. And this week is one of those weeks, because this TikTok is from someone who is a dedicated night owl and not a morning person. I know I was up at very early this morning, the crack of dawn of seven thirty. But I am a night owl. I love being out at night. I'm creative at night. My brain works better at night, like two am is the sweet spot for me if I'm coming up with creative visions. As I said when I did my show earlier this year, writing that all of the I call it the witching hour, like two to four am, that is when my brain really it works out its best. And so I'm a dedicated night owl. And this girl let me have a look at her.
Speaker 3: I couldn't be more opposite to you. Honestly, I know my witching hour is like six to seven am.
Speaker 4: Psychotic in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Honestly, there are sometimes I would wake up I remember waking up like back in summer, and I'd wake up and it would be, oh, it's still me early in the morning, Like it would literally be like nine am, and I'd check Star's story and it'd be like four hours ago sunrise walk. I'm like, she's been up for four hours, she's walked, she's watched the sunrise on the beach, and here I am dribble, hanging down my chin on my nose, trying to roll out of bed to muster up the energy to fight through the day and start like I've already filmed seven videos and gone on a sunrise walk. And then we did a couple.
Speaker 3: Sunrise You did quite well with them. I think the first one you were like, fuck, this not for me.
Speaker 1: I'd like, bloody, pull you out of the car by your leg.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then you know, well, I think, yeah, no. I think it's because I think what you see on social media is someone getting up and going for a sunrise walk.
Speaker 4: Can't think of anything worse.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: What happened though, I'll tell you. On that very first sunrise walk. We'll get out of the car and I'm like, right, and I turn in the Apple watch on Let's go. Star goes, oh, no, we'll get a coffee. First, we'll go to the cafe. We get a coffee. The coffee comes with a little bickie. Should we get a baking egg roll or something? I said, no, We're about to go on a walk. She's like, I'm like, okay, So it's actually.
Speaker 4: Not about the walk at all.
Speaker 2: It's actually breakfast with a slight stroll and an Instagram pick afterwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you have to prove to everyone that you're better than them. But also on that first time we went, there was a few clouds. I'm like, oh, Matt, the big moments coming. These clouds are gonna move, And I'm just like captivated by this magic and you go, oh.
Speaker 1: Is that it?
Speaker 2: You have to remember I'm colorblind, so sunrise and sunsets are nil interest to me. I can't I can't see the colors anyway. Sky will always be like, oh long, isn't it beareful? I go, looks the same as every bloody out the day. He's like the pinks and the oranges. I'm going, couldn't couldn't tell sky looks blue, clouds look gray?
Speaker 4: Done? So sunrise and sunset?
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting up for a sun rise walk when you can't see a sunrise, isn't that devastating depressing? Yeah, Like we go to Fiji, the sunsets, everyone's sitting there watching the sunset. I'm going, yeah, looks like the sun to me.
Speaker 3: So you could be uploading a picture of a sunrise or sunset to your story going oh this is amazing and it looks like absolutely yeah, but you just don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the thing. That's the thing I also have. Now that it's a winter, I've been going and trying to get like new cardigans and stuff because I'm in my cardigan area.
Speaker 4: Ear reup, I'm in my cardigan.
Speaker 2: And oh I saw a stunning one the other day and I was with Kate and I was like, oh, I love this color, this maroon. She goes, that's khaki green, babe, and I was like, see, to make khaki green is so ugly? Now why if I thought that? And I actually have to steer clear of green altogether because I can't match outfits because I've tried going down like khaki green routes before and the outfits never match up because yeah, I see it as like a brown or this one particular time, I went, oh, what a nice maroon gorgeous, deep red, deep red. She's going that is khaki, That is Christmas ViBe's babe. And I was like, oh, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: So what were we talking.
Speaker 1: About your royal flush?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right, Okay, sorry, we're way off on tangency. This is good. You're fitting in well here because we've already gone wild. So this girl, oh, I don't even know her name because you've got a weird username here kne zed knng whatever that means.
Speaker 1: So what's with that fix up? You use the name?
Speaker 4: I know, I know, well if I click o privus.
Speaker 2: She actually only got five hundred followers, so she's not a tick. She's not a TikTok or anything but shout out. Don't know what your name is, but she's from Denver and she made this video the other day.
Speaker 4: Have a listen.
Speaker 5: I just don't really think it's very fair that all of the morning people in the world can be late. Sorry, I cannot attend that thing.
Speaker 1: That's past my bedtime.
Speaker 5: And everybody's just like, oh my god, yes, love that for you. You get that sleep, You are circadian rhythm, you are in tune with our ancestors.
Speaker 1: We love that nighttime routine for you. But the second that I.
Speaker 5: A night hour and like, so sorry, I can't attend brunch at nine am, could we please push it back to like ten.
Speaker 3: Thirty because that's when brunch is supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Anyway, everybody's like, you're just like so sleepy, Like all you do is just like sleep.
Speaker 2: Now, I just like.
Speaker 5: Really feel like you're like wasting the day?
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 4: Is that not me to a t?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Literally, I'm still getting everything done. Do not judge me, but I'm always been like this. And the thing is, this goes way back to when I used to work at McDonald's and do overnight shifts, and my grandma in particular, couldn't understand the fact that I would go to work at nine pm and finish work at five am or somewhere around those times I used to do the overnight shifts at McDonald's. The thing as well, on an overnight shift at McDonald's is it was me and two other people, the manager and someone to make the burgers.
Speaker 4: I was the order taker.
Speaker 2: The order giver, the packing the bags, the everything, because the manager has duties to do overnight. The other guys making the burgers I'm doing everything else that include making coffees, cleaning the entire store top to bottom for the rest for the next day. Obviously, you don't have as many cars coming through at three o'clock in the morning, so you've got time to get all that done. But it is just me, or it was just me at the time, and so I would do all of that, go home, and then obviously sleep all day ready for the next shift the next night. And like people in my life, including my grandma, would be like, why aren't you up and doing things? I'm like, do you understand I'm working? Like I'm I'm still working, it's just at a different time to everybody else. And look at me. I still get everything done. I still show up where I need to, But god forbid, I don't want to get up before nine o'clock in the fucking morning.
Speaker 3: And it's like you come out of your bedroom, it's like, oh, good morning.
Speaker 1: When it's the afternoon, Oh, good afternoon.
Speaker 2: Oh I say good morning. And I think that's why I still say good morning no matter what time it is. And as I said before, that's how you can get a gauge on people. If I walk into a room, it's four pm and I say good morning and someone goes, it's afternoon.
Speaker 4: Not a vibe.
Speaker 2: Not a vibe for me. But if I walk in and go good morning and someone says good morning. You know. And my best friend came over the other night at like six pm and he walked in and said good morning, and I was like, yeah, isn't it okay?
Speaker 3: So if you are gonna go out for dinner with your friends, do you what's an appropriate time.
Speaker 1: To do that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: At any time? Because I mean six till six till nine. I would assume it's like a good window. Oh, we wouldn't start at night, Okay. I think the latest dinner reservation I've ever done is probably eight thirty.
Speaker 1: That's very late.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's like a real cool underground place that you would go to to have dinner. At eight thirty, I'm like five pm seating, babe, that's the ideal time for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: So you wrap up by about six thirty, you go get some ice cream on the way home, and then you can do your skin gear, getting your comfies, and it's bloody seven thirty.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, you know what.
Speaker 2: I am loving at the moment, and I just want to give a shout out and also sponsor us if you'd like, because I'm that into you at the moment is going out for dinner with friends and then having a cheeky little Messina, a cheeky little Messina, and I've got, I've got, I've got a wild recommendation for you when you go to Messina? What's your flavor that you get?
Speaker 3: I always get the specials, and I'm that annoying person that's like, oh, can I just try the glasses nikky or whatever it's called, the peanut chunks and the fudge and the cooky.
Speaker 1: Oh don't really like that? Can I try that one?
Speaker 3: Because I'm about to invest seven dollars in a bloody scoop of ice cream, I want to make sure I'm doing it right.
Speaker 1: What's your flavor?
Speaker 4: I only get one thing?
Speaker 2: So before I used to do the adult delete Chai, the dusty, the dulture deletion, uh. And I used to be exclusively that one because I love the caramel. But then one of my friends suggested that I try Conception, which I tried. It is basically I don't really know what flavor the actual I think it's waffle flavored ice cream, I think with crushed up pieces of the waffle cones from Messina through it. And then I get it in a cup. I mean, you could go the extra mile and get it in a cone, but I think that's a little bit too much cone for me, So I get it in a cup. And it is the best ice cream flavor or that I've ever had in my entire life. And it sounds so rogue, but next time you go, just like try a scoop of it because it sounds boring, it sounds really basic, but it's so delicious. And the only other ice cream flavor that is better than that that I've tried in my entire life is cold rock cake better. Oh, cold rock cake better? Yum, cold rock.
Speaker 3: For me as a kid, I could never get it because it's two body expensive a million kids in my family. So it's like, we'll just get some home brand ice cream and crush up some m and ms on the you know when you get home.
Speaker 2: That's what my mum is said, And we'd buy a box of favorites and a patous ice cream and she'd be in the kitchen with the spoons crushing it all up for us, Yeah, because she don't know. At Terrygull on the Central Glas it was a hog's breadth, and then there was underneath the cold rocks, and so we'd go to hogs bread, which again shout out to hog bread. Any of those left, I think there's still one in ten Worth. And that's about it. Love a hogs bread. That's where Curly Fries first came into my life.
Speaker 4: Oh God, that you know what? Keep it simple, stupid hogs bread just does it right.
Speaker 2: They do it right. They've never deviated and it stayed good the entire time.
Speaker 4: Love a hogs breath.
Speaker 3: We need it.
Speaker 1: We need a hog breath in Sydney.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 2: But we obviously would go out for dinner. That's where we'd all go for our family birthday dinners, and stuff was hogs breadth.
Speaker 4: It was easy.
Speaker 2: Everyone could get what they want. We're a very plain family. We don't venture out into you know. It's like steak and chips or burger and chips.
Speaker 1: It comes with a little flag in it.
Speaker 2: Grandma doesn't have anything but fish and chips. I don't think I've ever seen Grandma eat anything but fish and chips in their entire life. We're a very basic family. And so then we'd finish and go downstairs and cold rocks right there, and I'd be begging for a cold rock and then yeah, Mum would be like, no, I'll make you one when we get home, and so we'd have we'd have the Povo cold rock.
Speaker 1: At home, like black and gold ice cream.
Speaker 2: I remember Franklins. We had a Frankliness around the corner from where we live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Bilo as well. Yeah, Bilo.
Speaker 2: In the central we did have bilow, but all the bilos were made into coals. But it's funny because on the Central Coast we still.
Speaker 4: Call it bilow.
Speaker 2: So there were all the coals on the Central coast, and then there was also one Bilow. Shout out to the Central coast colin if our Bilo right, and we like, it's now changed to a coals. But no matter what, everyone that I know on the coast still says Bilo at kilaney Vale because that's what it was and it's ingrained in our hearts.
Speaker 1: Forever, kind of like Mayra and Grace Brothers. Remember when it was Grace Brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I went straight to Mayron and thought, no, that is more chic. I thought, Yeah, no, but I do miss the Grace Brothers hound's tooth pattern.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also the little jingle Grace Brothers.
Speaker 1: Where else do you remember that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Well, do Franklines have one? Because when we mentioned Franklin's earlier, I thought Franklin's dunt something like that. I don't know, I know, No, what's the one that goes where that community? Ban effects?
Speaker 4: Is that IgA?
Speaker 2: No Richies? That's riches, richiees where that community?
Speaker 1: What is Richie?
Speaker 4: Oh god, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Isn't it a supermarket that?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think there was a Richie on the Central Coast.
Speaker 4: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: We also had this thing let me tell you, sorry, Central Coast law once again, but we had this thing on staid Erina called Cash and Carry. Cash and Carry. It was this huge warehouse, huge warehouse sides of a stadium, just absolutely huge. Whatever you need it it had. It had this whole fabric section, It had toilets, it had to buy to buy, but just all just kind of like imagine the base warehouse. We all know the base wearhouse, right, imagine that, or like a hot Dollar or something like that, but imagine there were no shelves it's just in a warehouse. There are no shelves, toilets, just sitting on the floor ready to pick up with a five dollar sticker on them. They had Chloe Morello makeup palettes, they had CDs from the nineteen eighties, they had pens, they had books, they had calendars from three years ago. Like it was just it was a junkyard. But you'd go in and sometimes they'd do like ten dollar filler bags as well. And so if we wanted a good day out, you know, my parents would take us to Cash and carry and I would go sick in those eyes and you'd never it was one of those plazers that had so much stuff, but you rarely walked out with anything. Yeah, you just kind of went for a browse to see what kind of weird items they were, and then you might find something and you know, fill the bag for ten dollars. But most of the time, I remember, we didn't and had a strange smell. Everything smelt wet. I mean, that's culture, isn't it.
Speaker 1: For what was What kind of things would you walk out of there with?
Speaker 4: Oh, like toys, there was like a toy section.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're like a bit moldy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but it wasn't secondhand. It's more like damage stock. Okay, yeah, So it wasn't like it wasn't like it was a secondhand thing like it was like the toilets have been put there, because I don't know, no one bought the toilets. So they go to cash and carry, and I think the I don't know how it worked, but I think the gist of it was they would like buy stock that wasn't selling places for real cheap and then chuck a couple dollars on it. And I remember the cans of drinks were fifty cents, which I mean in this day and age, imagine that. Imagine that I used to work at a DVD easter on the Central Coast as well. This is a very Central Coast episode today. Very Nige used to work at a DVD store and the cans ofer drinks were a dollar. And this was on the cusp of DVDs and things going out. So now I've got any DVDs. I just came in for the one dollar cans of drink. And do you want to know a funny story from when I was working there? Absolutely again, I'd work the late shifts till about midnight at the DVD's And I remember one time, one time almost burnt the place down because I put my dinner in the microwave with the ol foil still on it, the aluminium foil when in the microwave. No, actually sorry, that's a lie. It was a fork. I chucked the forking, that's what it was. And I remember I remember seeing the smoke coming from the back thing and went, oh, God, forgot about my dinner.
Speaker 4: Went out there.
Speaker 2: The microwave is conducting.
Speaker 4: Lightning in the back.
Speaker 1: It makes a really noise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see the sparks of lightning in the thing. I'd left the fork in the bloody thing. Anyway, almost burnt it down one time. Another time was that was another time?
Speaker 4: No, there wasn't. Another time it almost burned it down. But this is so funny. So what happened was.
Speaker 2: This, I was checking someone out there were getting some DVDs, and he picked something up off this bin, the DVD bin where we do you know, the old the old ones, you know, the old DVDs that people would borrow.
Speaker 4: We had this binhe we could buy it for a dollar and just keep it.
Speaker 2: And so there was a bin there, and I'm checking him out at the register, going there'll be five dollars, and he pulls out this knife and holds it up to me.
Speaker 4: Don't worry. The story goes somewhere. You won't know.
Speaker 2: It's this huge butcher's knife, huge huge butcher's knife out of his pocket. He pulls it out and he holds it up to me, and he goes, is this yours? And I've jumped back against you know, the back wall, ready to hit that. They had one of those buttons that call the security and the police are meant to be there in a couple of minutes. I'm ready to do that, I'm like, and it takes me a second to register. I'm like, I think I'm getting held up. But then he asked me if the knife is might and I was like, no, what And I was like, no, that knife's not mine and he was like, okay, it was just on that bin there, and then he hands it to me and I just like, put it behind the put it behind the counter, and I'm like real shaken up about the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Check him out.
Speaker 2: He leaves, and I think to myself, where the hell has this knife come from? And so anyway, I'm a bit spooked about the whole thing. I'm thinking someone's come in with the knife, but then they've placed it on the bin, and then they've left, and then he's picked up the knife. I'm like, this is really weird.
Speaker 4: This is really weird. So I told the manager.
Speaker 2: The next day, I gave him a call and I said, hey, can you just check the security footage please, because you know this is what's happened. To explain to him what's happened, I said, you know, someone's brought that knife in and sat it in there and gone again. Like I just want to, just for my own peace of mind, know where that's come from. So he checks the security. Guess who was out the back in the office making their dinner cutting up their sandwich with this big knife. And then I heard the bell ding, So I've walked out with the big knife from the back office, said Allai, hey day tonight. I've sat the knife down on the bin of DVDs for some god known reason, went behind the counter served this man who's then picked up the knife and held it at me.
Speaker 4: I put the bloody.
Speaker 2: Knife in the bin in the first place, and I'm sitting there so, and then I felt bad because I'd lied to the poor guy. And imagine that guy going home that day and thinking, where'd that knife come from? Well it was me, but I've lied to his face and said, no, that's not my knife. It was my knife all along from the back office. And then I looked like a fool to the manager because I said, I'm really spooked. I'm just just for my own sanity. I just need to know where that knife came from. He had to called me back and said, you put it me. Oh.
Speaker 4: I watched the footage.
Speaker 2: I thought, I'm so embarrassed cause this big color balloon and it was my bloody knife that I'd chucked in the disc discount DVD bin to begin with.
Speaker 1: I could have ended so badly. What is someone dodgy came in?
Speaker 3: I know, you know when you're in primary score and you have to carry scissors and they're like, now hold it next to you and put the blade down, and.
Speaker 1: You're just putting it in the discount bin.
Speaker 2: Butcher's knife as well, you like a machete. Yeah yeah, but can you imagine him pulling that out on me?
Speaker 4: And even though he was like, you know, is this yours?
Speaker 2: I've jumped back. I've got my life's flashing before me. I was I'm Sally fletchering in.
Speaker 4: A laying on the ground. Oh my gods.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the point of the fact of the matter is I've done plenty of jobs where I've had to work late at night and I'm an out and proud night owl and I can't I can't relate. But going back to that TikTok, I think it is so funny that like people who sleep in get this like bad rap that they're lazy, And I mean, I am lazy, but they're lazy and they don't work hard. And so this is the thing that I experienced with a lot of people in my life when I was doing overnight shifts. Everyone just seemed to think that I was lazy. And I'm like, I'm doing seven people's jobs overnight, like the people throughout the day, They've got twenty people to make the burgers and do all the things.
Speaker 3: I'm doing all that by my set, and then everybody comes in at like two am after leaving the club and you're there bloody panicking it's all happening.
Speaker 2: And what was really bad about a Friday night overnight is the Blue Light Disco would be across the road from my McDonald's that I worked at, and the Blue Light Disco would end. And when it ended, that was when all of the other people finished their shifts, and it kind of turned into late night. Sorry, it turned into overnight, and so they would all come in and it would just be me standing there, going next place bad. I'm doing drive through as well, and I'm packing the orders and I'm doing everything.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm a hustler.
Speaker 1: This is why you work so hard now, you know, never forget where you came from.
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't know if that.
Speaker 4: Was sarcasm or not.
Speaker 3: No, you did.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm mister Brittany telling me I don't do enough. So it's weird to have someone acknowledge how hard I am a hustler. But also I always say I didn't work this hard to work this hard, you know what I mean. Didn't work this hard to work this hard. So I put in all the hard yards earlier so that it's not as hard and I can enjoy it now, you know.
Speaker 3: Actually, I remember we did like a vox Pop little interview one day and someone asked you, what's your favorite thing about Star and you said she's the hardest working creator I know. And I didn't know if I thought you were being sarcastic. So I said something really rude about you, like trying to give you the banter back, and you were like, I was being serious.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I didn't know you were capable of being nice.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it depends what mood I'm in. Yeah, it's not mood i'm in. But anyway, I'm here for the night out and today on this episode we're celebrating the night House, so shout.
Speaker 3: Out to you and don't put your forks in the microwave please.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that too. Well, it was TV's Night of Nights. Earlier this week, the God one hundred and fifty six TV Week Logi Awards or something like that happened. Obviously, if you're not from Australia, if you're an international scroller, a scroller abroad, if you will, the logis are our what's the equivalent for like America think of Goldenlow.
Speaker 3: The smallest awards ceremony, but it's like not even on the scale of the Golden Yeah.
Speaker 2: True, Look, it's the TV awards like TV shows and things like that. They're the awards here in Australia. We had the Logis this week and I just have to say it, The Logis are fucking piss pour They are piss paul, embarrassing, tragic, Okay, I really got a feel for that this year.
Speaker 4: I haven't cared much in the past.
Speaker 2: The Arias don't have a bad word to say about them. I love the ARIA Awards. That that's our music awards for all our scrollers abroad, like the VMAs of Australia, I guess, but the the A, the Arias, I love the logis oh tragic.
Speaker 3: Also, it's the same fucking people every year that are up for these awards. I mean, there is one award that's for the best New Talent and there was the amazing Felix Cameron, who starred in Boycewaller's Universe. He's like eleven years old or something. He had an amazing acceptance speeches out there crying. It was very very sweet. Other than that, couldn't fucking care less.
Speaker 4: I love kids that act forty. Don't like he he is like, what is he eleven?
Speaker 1: He's got to be around eleven.
Speaker 4: Get older than that. Go Google girl? Can we go Google girl?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Felix Cameron, phenomenal actor.
Speaker 2: I love kids that are fifteen and act No wait, I love kids that are fifteen look eleven but act forty. You know what I mean? Like he he has such an old soul about him, if that makes sense. How old fifteen Google girls come through with a fifteen that's wild?
Speaker 1: Well, these days can't keep up.
Speaker 4: He's great.
Speaker 2: Gold LOGI went to Larry Emda, which what the fucking Larry MD had done in the last twenty years. I couldn't tell you, but I was rooting for Robert her when I really thought Robert her And had a good chance of being Gold. Like, I know, he's fresh on the scene, it's his first year, all the rest of that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He'd have the discussion of whether he deserves it or not. But I thought they'd give it to him because I just thought that that's how it would swing. But Larry am To getting it was so random for me, I don't know. I didn't even realize he was nominated for that, but I thought, you know, you got your son, your Kruger, even your Julia Morris, you know things like that. I was like, surely one of them, But good on him. Larry got it happy for him. Couldn't tell you what he's done in the last twenty years, but hope he's well, what did he used to host Price?
Speaker 1: And Price is right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would actually see like a spinny wheel outside the studio here and it's giving me prices ride vibes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love that show. Yeah, but yeah. Look.
Speaker 3: The other thing that pisces me off about the logis is where's the social coverage?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So when we've got something like the met Gala or the Grammy's happening in the US, I'm going to MTV social account refreshing every time I refresh I've got someone's new outfit because I need to see what everyone's wearing, what are the vibes, what's happening. So I think that they should employ you and I'm ma att to go and do the coverage on the ground next year for the logis it could be you and I. That saves it because I'm refreshing and it's like an hour between posts.
Speaker 2: Yes, and even the media who were there interviewing just such a piss paul lackluster job. Like I saw some tiktoks from the night of some of the outlets that were the media outlets that were there. Sorry and over if you were one of them. But there was some media outlets there interviewing people on the car. But which I've got to say, first of all, the content was lacking, boring, boring. What's in your bag tonight? Which I thought was quite strange to ask what was in the back? I thought, I hope they've not got anything in there that's gonna, you know, get them called out. But anyway, what's in my bag? Boring? But to be fair in the media outlets defense, god, they're boring people. The interviews I was watching, I just thought, beg, bingo, boring. I couldn't do it. I just thought, I mean, but you've got to be actors. They are very demure, aren't they. No, what's what's the word star wick? They're quite stock people. They're quite Also the demure trend can get rooted as well.
Speaker 4: Hate that.
Speaker 2: I think it's so boring, so boring. I think it's it's also been overdone so quickly, yeah, so quickly.
Speaker 3: Have you seen all of the streamer brands now coming up with clips from like film and TV where they use the words demure and everyone's like, wait, this is actually a real word.
Speaker 1: That wasn't invented on TikTok. I'm like, come on, oh me looking up de mure synonym or like demure definition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know, sometimes I think, if it's that easy to go viral, why hasn't it happened? No, I don't mean to change the course of literally the entire world. Almost everybody's using it now, everybody's doing it, And I'm like, good on her, love that for her, hope she's striving. But I'm like, it's a weird one. It's a weird trend. To go on.
Speaker 3: See the creator who started the trend has now you know, raised, not raised, like earned enough money in the past couple of weeks to finish her transitions.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah from the Creative Fund, which again we were saying the other week we don't have here in Australia.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if you were on the Logi's carpet and you got to interview the likes of Larry Ender and whoever else is in Australian media, what would you ask them?
Speaker 2: Oh, I wouldn't. I wouldn't be put in that awful position. I can't think like that because I'd rather be on the other side, you know what I mean. I don't want to manifest being on that side of the carpet. I want to be manifesting the other side of the carpet.
Speaker 1: Have you been to the Logis before?
Speaker 4: No, which is probably why I hate them.
Speaker 2: No. But I just think, like even the fashion the other night, I was looking at a lot of the fashion, which you know, given my history on YouTube doing Red Carpet fashion reviews and things like that, I think I did Logis one year. I don't know. The fashion was lacking as well, from both the men and the women. I think to my favorite, you know, I wouldn't say best dressed because there wasn't much else to go off, you know what I mean? But actually they probably do win best dressed because there wasn't much else to go off. Would have been Tanya Hennessy loved what she was wearing, and Maddie Mills loved what he was wearing, the embellished blazer, et cetera, et cetera, Oh my best dressed of the night, And although they both were absolutely stunning, it wasn't hard to win that. That's all I'm saying, because I don't know what half the people on there were wearing. But I went, is this really? And Joanna, poor Joanna, what's her name? Can you please go google girl Joanna from Better Homes and Gardens get her full name for me? She is this gorgeous, gorgeous woman. I don't know who her stylist is, but she needs to be fired because Joanna, what's the name? Joanna Griggs? Oh, look at a beautiful, beautiful and national treasure. Gorgeous, right, I don't know the dress she was wearing was giving she and and yeah, we'll get up a photo of her here so you can see. No, that's the lastiest one. That one's actually gorgeous. Put in Logan's twenty.
Speaker 4: Twenty four for me.
Speaker 2: Have a look at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that one?
Speaker 2: What the hell in the fashion nova is going on?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: Sorrey Sorrey Surrey, I mean loving the low cut. She looks absolutely gorgeous, a fabulous little fake tan on a gorgeous stunning But that dress, I mean, I just oh, sorry for the scrollers. We're just scrolling on Google right now through all of the all of the looks. First of all, why do men even bother? Why do men even bother to do literally nothing? Get off the carpet. You're wearing a black suit with a white T shirt. Can't be bothered looking at you. Give us some give us some pizzazz, like Maddie Mills and.
Speaker 4: Now I hate it. Don't even try to defend it. Hannah. Hannah's over there.
Speaker 1: Going like that, that's really cool. Not not into the green bel bet who's that?
Speaker 2: No? No, and see what a man? Now go back to Joanna because we've just scrolled through, okay, to give you some context scrollers, because I know it's a podcast and you can't even see what we're doing, but we've just been scrolling through a lot of the photos and we're going yeah, yeah, yeah, And then Joanna Griggs has come up and I've gone We've all laughed, and I don't not that this will get back to her because what the hell is she doing. She's not listening to high scrollers and none of you send it to her. Okay, this is this is, this is what stays in the group, happens in the whatever the fuck? Oh fuck, I didn't see Kate Richie. She looks fucking phenomenal. Look at that.
Speaker 4: Wow, hang on, she might have bumped Tany Hennesy off best dress.
Speaker 2: Wow, ok, reach beautiful.
Speaker 3: Kind of it's fitted corset on the top and then some chule.
Speaker 2: On the bottom. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Actually that's taken my breath away.
Speaker 3: And thank god she got a good pie because that's the other thing with the logis people are just uploading these photos on a media wall. I'm like, where's the good lighting? These poor people have got the shadows on their face.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's a really hectic kind of evening when you're there, but.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, gotta say good on them.
Speaker 2: They're there. I'm not Aida Nicodemi looks gorgeous, that's fine. Samantha Armaitide, what's gone on their semi love semi just get around?
Speaker 1: Oh my god with the sleeves.
Speaker 4: Of just oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean really it's it's disappointing, but it's fabulous. Who's that Missy Higgins?
Speaker 3: Not bad?
Speaker 2: Actually that's quite nice. What's she doing there? Isn't it the logo?
Speaker 4: She's a musician? What's miss Higgins in?
Speaker 2: Has she done something?
Speaker 1: This is Australian media Johns stupid show?
Speaker 4: Anyway, there's Larry.
Speaker 3: I think maybe is there a dress bit like a theme for the logis maybe they should set a theme and that would be easier to work with.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think there is, but maybe they're needed to be oh Ding Dong. Denise Treisdale looks absolutely fine. That's gorgeous, but you know again, it's that's giving.
Speaker 4: That's giving.
Speaker 2: Men dressing up for a family lunch, you know what I mean? Sonya Krueger always wearing and doing way too much, you know, Harry big More, sure, gorgeous, but I've seen a look absolutely, you know, one hundred out of time.
Speaker 1: Oh, Shelley Craft in the red that's good.
Speaker 4: Nah, I don't like red on a red carpet. Really, I've read on a red carpet.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the point is I'm just having a bitch. I'm a bitch whatever. Whatever the point is the LOGI see with the Arias, I feel there are people who don't put in effort, but then there's people who really do, and I get that it's meant to be like the logos is almost like a gala as opposed to like an awards ceremony. And also perhaps it's an audition because it is TV. Like with the Arias, you can take those risks and all the rest of that.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go. This is what I always do. I flip the script.
Speaker 2: Now that I've had time to think about it, I've come in strong. I've said they're all fucking ugly, and now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going, well, actually, it makes sense because if you look at the arias, perhaps that's you know, if you're a musical artist, you do want to take those risks. You want to be seen because you want to promote your profile, whereas with the logis perhaps because it's you know, the industry night of nights, and they want to look a little bit more put together, professional and sub dude, because that's such an actor thing. Yeah, it's such an it's not an actor thing to like stand out and be the loudest person in the room. Think of actors and when they do interviews and things like that, they're kind of reserved.
Speaker 1: Want to be taken a bit more seriously kind of maybe and perhaps because they're in the room like that, as I said, might be a bit of an audition.
Speaker 2: Like they're in the room, so they've got to be showing that they're this. They've got to be They're always acting, is what I'm saying. They're always acting. But yeah, just disappointing. Give me fun. Do more. Now. The other exciting thing about having you on Today's Star is you, like me and unlike Brittany, a big book reader, although you're very slow. Are you still reading Iron Flames?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's the fantasy books take me so long because I'm like, oh, I need like a few cleanses in between. And I must say, I still have the messages from you that you sent me in January this year go.
Speaker 1: Kind of thinking of getting into reading. Do you have any recommendations for me?
Speaker 3: I sent you like seven book records and you read them all in like a day because you just read and abnormal speed.
Speaker 1: How many how many books is you?
Speaker 2: I'm up to seventy something. I've really slacked off in July. I only read two or three books it.
Speaker 1: Which is like a normal amount of books for the has to read.
Speaker 2: But no.
Speaker 1: Our big news in book world.
Speaker 3: This week, of course, is that the film adaptation of It Ends with Us has come out. It has hit cinemas and we've both seen it. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, so first and foremost, I mean you go first.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I want to know.
Speaker 2: What you think before I make up Gavin my thoughts.
Speaker 3: So this was one of the books that kind of got me back into reading, and I read it a couple of years ago, and I think it's always amazing when something gains this crazy popularity online because it gets people into the world of reading, which I love. There were definitely a lot of things in the book that I was worried about how it was going to come across in the film, Like the book is really quite cheesy and a bit cringe a lot of the time, and I was kind of pleasantly surprised to see how that translated into film. One of the things that I was like, Oh gosh, how is this going to come across in the movie is that Lily writes her diary entries to Ellen, like Ellen DeGeneres, and there's a lot of dory references and it's all about Ellen. And I was like, no, please, don't do this in the movie. It's going to be so fucking cringe. And we only saw Ellen a little glimpse on the TV did like.
Speaker 2: A nod to it, yeah, which I appreciated too, not only because of the Ellen controversy over the last couple of years. But also just because that's so random to be obsessed that obsessed with Ellen and be writing the love letters and things like that was wild. Also, I will say right now, like, if you haven't seen the movie, potentially some spoiler warnings here because but also it's not really a movie with spoilers, you know what I mean. Yeah, I think that they did a really really good job of adapting. The whole thing that Coleen Hoover was talking about when she was doing the press for this movie is that they wanted to keep it as true to the book as possible because the amount of times that we read a book and then see the movie and it's nothing like the book, the amount of complaints that that comes, and people aren't gonna complain it either way, right, Yeah, but they really tried to make it as true to the book as possible, and I felt while watching it that was one hundred percent spot on, Like I was like, yes, that's exactly how I pictured this. To be fair, I only read the book a couple of months ago, last month or the month before, and so the trailer had already been released. So when I read the book, I had Blake Lively in my head whereas you read the book years ago, so you didn't have Blake Lively in your head. So a lot of people have been saying that Blake wasn't the person that they pictured for that character.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Yeah, look, I think when I read it, well, obviously in the book, Lily is a lot younger as well, so in the movie they've aged her up like by I don't know, however, many years. So my picture of her was someone who was a lot softer in nature, and I think Blake Lively is such like a striking presence in whatever role she's in, so it definitely brought a different side to Lily. I thought that Justin Baldoni was amazing as Ryle, Like he was so menacing and he really played that part well. Like there were a lot of times in the movie where I had to close my eyes because it was making me really uncomfortable. Really yeah, yeah, I found like, particularly the more heaviest scenes, I was like, actually, you can't watch this right now, which is definitely important to spark these conversations amongst people. But I mean it was hard to read as well. It's hard to read and it's hard to watch. But I thought he did a really great job. Yeah Atlas perfect perfect, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hotter, You didn't think he was hot?
Speaker 4: I mean, he's gorgeous, but like I wanted him to be like hot hot, Yeah, so hot?
Speaker 2: I couldn't, you know. I even think like Ryle could have been hotter too. Sorry, he's gorgeous. They're both gorgeous, but I'm like, could have taken it up that one more notch for me, because the thing was, like I think in the when reading the book, like I loved Ryle and then obviously hated him, but with the movie, like I hated him straight away Like I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't, I just didn't.
Speaker 2: In the book I saw or I almost saw or understood the redeeming factors for not for staying with him, but the attraction in general. And in the movie I went, what's there to like about this guy?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? And yeah, I feel like they did a good job.
Speaker 2: I will say, if you have read the book, I feel like the go and see the movie obviously if you haven't already, if you haven't read the book. The one thing I thought was as I was watching that first scene of them on the rooftop, I thought, if you haven't read the book, you'd be so fucking confused, right, Yeah, this scene is like eighteen minutes long, and it's just the framing and the everything and the conversations and all that, and how fast it kind of gets into it. I was like, if you hadn't read the book, like, you are missing so much almost context from that scene, and perhaps you would be a little bit confused about what was going on. I definitely think that the movie is going to be most enjoyed if you've read and loved the book. If you haven't read the book, I can't see you enjoying that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you need all of the pieces of information. Because I thought that through with the rooftop.
Speaker 3: Scene, I'm like, this is going for like forty five minutes going on, and it wasn't even like particularly funny or memorable.
Speaker 2: In that way.
Speaker 1: It was just like, all right, let's move on from here. We need to change it up.
Speaker 3: The other gripe that I had was Lily and Atlas's relationship when they were teenagers. I felt that in the film it was positioned as being way more sexually charged as opposed to it being very emotional, kind of that soulmate connection that I felt in the book, and of course they are horny teenagers, so they would have to change it a little bit to be able to you know, adapt it to the screen. But what, even though I have read the book, I was going, oh, you know, so she just like let this guy into their house, a little smoochy smooch, had little root and then right.
Speaker 1: I just I really wish that they went a.
Speaker 3: Little bit deeper with showing the flashbacks because also how amazing was the casting of the younger actors, I know, compared to it and even like she had a little birthmark on her face in the exact same spot as Blake Lively.
Speaker 1: It was amazing, I know, because.
Speaker 4: The whole time I was like, oh, they've like added the mole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then when I've seen the press interviews and stuff, and they've actually discussed that as well. You know, people thought it was prosthetics or something. Yeah, and it's not, which is kind of wild, Like that's kind of almost a bit scary that they're so identical. But yeah, the younger cast was amazing. Blake Lively actually did a great job, like I loved her, But the standout was the best friend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Alyssah, she was great.
Speaker 2: Oh love her love but yeah, all around, like I really enjoyed myself. I really loved it. I thought they at justice. But I think if you haven't read the book, weird weird movie, to just go in blind.
Speaker 3: To also just quickly read the book. It's not that long Colleen's books there, they're all page turner. Chuck the audiobook on one point five spe you'll be thrilled in you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it took me a day or two, I reckon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well your reading pace is.
Speaker 2: I love like cap day night skimming through. Look for me. Please say no sorry before you go, I will say, ask me any question about any book I've read this year, couldn't tell your fucking answer soon.
Speaker 4: I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 2: I am there for the quick, thrilling aspect of it. I want that quick, you know, satisfaction, and then I never think about that book again. Do not think that I am here. And if you ask me a question about all the books I've read this year and go what happened in this book? I couldn't tell you. I couldn't tell you. I'm not retaining any of this information. For me, It's about just the thrill.
Speaker 4: Of the story.
Speaker 2: The jaw dropping, you know, especially with a thriller, I'm like, oh my gosh, Oh my gosh. And then that book's done. Finished the book last night. I couldn't tell you what happened. They kidnapped some kids or something or rather, and that was the end of it. But I remember, I remember my jaw dropping like twenty times, and that's the thrill I wanted.
Speaker 1: I message you the other day. I was like, Hey, what's the me with that book with the kidnapping? A reach one?
Speaker 2: And that's half the books I read with the kidnapping trope, Like every every thrill I had like some aspect of kidnapping in And I said to her, which one are.
Speaker 4: You talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yeah, so whatever, what were you going to say?
Speaker 3: I was going to say, look for me. It ends with that's a movie. I I feel just meh about it. I just feel a little bit neutral. I wasn't like this movie has completely changed my life. There is a lot of time and space between when I first read the book and when I watched the film. I would watch it again when it comes onto streaming, but I probably wouldn't, you know, go chuck the twenty five bucks. Still, I have a much of coss states to go get a movie ticket and see it again. I'm just like, eh, I just feel like kind of my life feels kind of the same before and after seeing it.
Speaker 4: How much does it cost to go to the movies these days?
Speaker 3: Well, if you join like a rewards program like I have, you can get it for like eighteen.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, blood expense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's not the actual movie.
Speaker 2: It's all the upgrades as well, isn't it The popcorn and the drink and the rest.
Speaker 1: Still, the sixteen dollars for a medium popcorn ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I'm shoving a bag of popcorn color pants and walking in go to coals and then go to the movies.
Speaker 2: But also like, yeah, my thing is, see I mean, I don't run a business, so I don't know. But my thing is, if they made those things more affordable, I would purchase it at the movies because it's more convenient. Like it's less convenient for me to go to coals and get a few snacks and things and take it to the movies. Right, But if I went to the cinema and it was five dollars for a popcorn and five dollars for a drink, as it should be, and as it is everywhere else. I think I would like popcorn's cheap to make come on everyone. And then your fountain drinks as well, you know, the ones that you just press the button and it shoots out the soda like they are pissed cheap as well. So there's no reason should be eleven dollars for a coke because on a like, I don't know how much it actually costs, but I remember doing the maths when I've worked places that have the fountain drinks before. Sometimes it had cost eleven dollars, sorry, eleven cents for one drink, and you're selling it for four fifty, which is fine. I'm happy to pay four fifty. But what I'm trying to get at here is, I mean, I understand that there's probably a way that they run their business, but if the things were cheaper, I would buy them at the movies, in turn, meaning more people would buy it at the movies, in turn, meaning perhaps you'd make more money than selling it for like, you know, it's cost me eighty dollars to get a couple snacks at the movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I reckon It's like the snotty kids who are there with their parents are like, I want to get fairy flowers, and it's right at their eye lines. So people will just buy it anyway, just purely because of convenience because it's there. But me personally, I'm not dropping eleven dollars on a bloody bag of malteasers because.
Speaker 2: That is fairy floss. What's that sugar that's been heating up and throwing around the room. I'm sorry, you know, I used to work in a place with the fairy floss.
Speaker 1: For how many fucking jobs you had?
Speaker 2: I've had every job under the sun, Like name a job I had. I have worked on a Merry Go round. I've worked on the clowns. I've worked you know, the clowns. You put the ball in the mouth of the plantswitson out, you went a price. I've done the fairy floss. I've done corn dogs, I've done all the fast food you can think of.
Speaker 1: Carne, you've run away to the circuit.
Speaker 2: Karnie was like my first first ever job, and I never talk about it because it was so illegal because I was only eleven years old running a Merry Go round. I mean the work, health and safety. You couldn't do it, but these days you go to jail. But I was eleven years old.
Speaker 1: Majors Felix Cameron from Boys, Yeah right, I.
Speaker 2: Was eleven, acted like a forty year old. But yeah no, I have worked like name somewhere. I've probably worked there. I've done it all. I've done every industry to try and find the industry that I want to do, and I'm still doing everything to this day. I mean, I've done the social media and then I go I better try djaying, you know, I better do a podcast, I better do the comedy shows.
Speaker 4: I just can't sit still, Louve you know, so.
Speaker 1: You're lazy, but you're actually not your word, bloody heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, Thank you, appreciate you boosting me up. You know, Brittany, I hope you're listening to this. This is what I need from a co host. Is is this kind of support just gass me up? Because my egos already through the roof, so you may as well just let it go skyrocket. Honestly, but this has been absolutely so fine. And look, because Brittany isn't here this week, I guess I'll say, oh, you want to say sorry, but look on your face. Okay, go ahead, waiting for this all day.
Speaker 3: Another episode, done and dusted.
Speaker 2: Star, Thank you so much for joining us here at high schoolers today. If people have loved listening to you today, where can they find you on the internet?
Speaker 3: Yes, so my Instagram is star Sta Doubler MCG like the Cricket Ground, and then my TikTok is just star Sta Doubler.
Speaker 2: Oh you got that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nothing, that's nice iconic.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's nice.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think they.
Speaker 3: Booted whoever else had the name nice. Yeah, okay, they got dropped down to use a one, two, three for five.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, loving that for you.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for joining us. Hopefully you'll be back If if actually.
Speaker 4: No, I'll try and get someone else.
Speaker 2: I love this to be fun. I was gonna say, if Britney's ever sick again, I'll call on you, But I actually think it would be fun to get someone else and see how shit they are compared to because this has gone as good as it could have, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like this was on standby for when the other person sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was This was a stellar episode. But I'd love the contrast of getting on someone absolutely horrid and just like no chemistry whatsoever. Yeah, I mean anyway, the point of the fact of the matter is, thank you for listening, scrollers, thank you for being his star. Brittany will be back with us next week. Anyway, Danala better let you go. I've got to go put this big knife away. Did this come from?
Speaker 1: Is this your knife?