Speaker 1: Our next guest is an incredibly talented Scottish musician responsible for all of these bangers. I swear to God as surfer. Oh body's stand out with you the best that all.
Speaker 2: This time, he's been on highatus for two years, and God, we're glad he's Backley's welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: The one and only Lewis Cabali.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of people are very excited to see him tonight. He joined us now Lewis Capali.
Speaker 1: Good day, good morning, goode to you too. Those things do people say that actually, yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Actually do so good.
Speaker 5: I'm just sometimes you don't know because it could be like a stereotypical I suppose.
Speaker 1: Could like no one in the UK says cheer real. I remember they do.
Speaker 6: I remember going to Ireland once in the first time I heard someone say to be sure, I was.
Speaker 5: Like, people don't see the top of the morning.
Speaker 3: A good thing.
Speaker 2: About mate is Lewis when you don't have a clue what the person's name is, just gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's great, it it's great. I always say if someone goes, if I don't know someone, yeah I don't know the name. Sorry, and I met them before I go. I wish your name, and then they they tell me the first name, and I say, oh, no, no your last name.
Speaker 7: Because I reckon you you would have it all the time. You've been meeting paper that you've met on other trips.
Speaker 1: Yes, I meet a lot of people. Yeah, but it's a tough life.
Speaker 7: My wife and I have that thing where she knows if I go, oh, this is my wife. Look, then she jump seems to go to get your name for me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's good. That's that's like a tag team situation. Yeah. I like that. I like that.
Speaker 4: That's a good plan.
Speaker 3: Is it good to be back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great to be back.
Speaker 5: This is my favorite place to come and play shows and be here, Like, I just have such a buzz when I've done here, So I feel really happy to be here.
Speaker 7: What is that because we hear a number of artists site though, Is it just we're like back, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think it's just the whole vibe down here is so class. And then I always say, most I guess singers come here end up coming here in the summer because of like doing festivals and stuff.
Speaker 1: I think, yes, incredible, I love it here.
Speaker 6: Like you're here in summer European countermakes often don't cope very well in the Australian summer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I will look at Pilar. That just tells you.
Speaker 3: Need to know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am. Yeah, I don't do well in the sun. But I've been trying. I've been pushing the boat out a little bit more. I went to the up in the beach, up in the beaches. Well, I did when I was in Sydney. Yeah, when I was in Sydney, I went to the beaches and yeah, so I've been.
Speaker 2: I've so not like bond I rescue is it where they jump in and rescue.
Speaker 1: The last Not yet I haven't. I have yet to drowne.
Speaker 4: Did you also go back to Australia. Did I see you walking a wombat?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did walk a wom bat. It was great fun.
Speaker 5: I touched his bomb as well, and it was they tell you because because the guy was like, touches, touches, it's quite hard. They've got quite hard buttocks. It's like a defense thing. Apparently that's what they do. So if a predator is coming again, and I guess they just offer up their ass, which is usually the opposite of predators coming to get you don't want to do that, but.
Speaker 4: They also their poo comes out.
Speaker 1: Square square jobbies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, jobby, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The jobby as a Scottish.
Speaker 3: Hey, you should say that.
Speaker 2: I was just watching a video of your a s mr Scottish slang and you described Scottish slang as romantic and versatile. What's your favorite Scottish slang?
Speaker 5: Oh, jobby as good a job It isn't Scottish, but I like it if someone just has like a bit of a motor mouth and talks pash and talking shit all the time, like you know, he's a gold shape.
Speaker 1: I thought you would. You said that as well, but.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we're going to use that.
Speaker 1: Clack it click it.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: You like sort of like stup it stop it, like sort of like an idiot.
Speaker 5: Not an idea, but like just like not all but it's just a good lesson.
Speaker 1: He's agliphic.
Speaker 4: Have you picked up any Aussie slang yet?
Speaker 3: Bottle?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, important, just as Australian.
Speaker 3: And those two go quite well together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's been a few years since you've been out here, and I don't want to harp on it too much, but I think, like everyone around the world. We were so caught up in that moment of Glastonbury when you returned. I'm a dad of three young boys, and one of my boys has been through a lot last couple of years, and I sat him down to watch the video and give him your backstory and stuff like that, and I know, you know, you don't want to take this sort of roll on, but you're a massive inspiration and role model to him.
Speaker 1: Mate, Thank you very much, man, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: And you're just doing what you did I think would have meant a lot to a lot of people in a similar situation.
Speaker 3: How you doing there?
Speaker 1: Great? Yeah, really really good.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I feel like I'm quite I'm too dismissive of it. Like on stage, I say like, you know, like I've got a song called Helen feeling now, and I say, before, you know, this song hen't feeling. There's about me, you know, struggling and having a hard time. And I say before, like, I can't relate to this song anymore. I'm very happy to see I can't relate to this song anymore. Yeah, because I'm having such a good place. But sometimes I feel that can be a bit dismissive. Because it's not like it's not like a yeah, straight road, do you know what I mean? It's all very you still have like your days or whatever. But for the most part, I'm feeling smashing.
Speaker 7: So are you being almost a bit more selfish now? Not just saying yes to everything?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly, like even like doing you know, like one on tour or the last when we did the UK two A. I was like, I'm not going to do anything other than play the shows and stuff, Like I obviously coming down here. I don't come down here a lot, so I like to. I want to come in and like speak to everybody and have chats and stuff. But yeah, just of protecting my peace a little bit more.
Speaker 6: Exactly for all of us, performer is your job.
Speaker 4: It's not the whole world.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of blokes sort of verbalize that.
Speaker 2: Just in that moment, Like what is it like being at one with a crowd like you were in Glastonbury. I don't want to sound too cliche, but it must be you must almost feel quite invincible yet vulnerable as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's mad. It's a very strange thing to be perceived by that many people. Do you know what I mean like to be like thing is so Yeah, It's one of those things where sometimes you have to sort of go on a not a pilot to like not lose your not like sort of realize the magnitude of the Situation'll be makes where you feel like a hundred bucks and you're like one hundred bucks to know, I said that my line, like a.
Speaker 1: Hundred bucks Smacker ronies.
Speaker 5: But there'll be nates where you go on and yeah, like you've come on and you the crowds like popping and you're having a great time and it feels amazing and you're like that's is and yeah, you do feel like it's better than any drug.
Speaker 1: Not that I have tried drugs at all, but I am.
Speaker 5: I think it's yes, better than any sort of you know, booze drug whatever in the world that I imagine. I'd imagine That's what I was gonna say. And then there's other times where maybe you're not feeling as hot. It's a weird it's a weird, weird thing. It's it's all very mood dependent and stuff that.
Speaker 6: Can I ask about a new single the day that I die. It is such a powerful song. I mean I heard it and felt extremely emotional listening to it. I imagine you write a song like that and that's one thing, but then to release it to the world, it must be something completely separate.
Speaker 5: Yes, So that song specifically is very terrifying to release because it was just very I hate saying stuff like that because everyone says it when they're like promoting a single or whatever.
Speaker 1: But I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think I've never been as open before, even in some of my other stuff where people in the past have been like, oh, you're being very vulnerable or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: But it's a pretty it's a pretty special song then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was a scared I was a scary one to put out there. But the response to it has been really lovely and people have been so nice and just.
Speaker 1: A niceness pressure when they relaxed by yeah, exactly what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, number five, you're out here in a very busy time of year. What what do you do for Christmas?
Speaker 6: You get some time off, you get to put your fight out, are.
Speaker 1: You I've got time of I might stay here for Christmas.
Speaker 5: Really, I'm sort of I'm sort of in the throes of tracking and worked that out at the minute but I am. Yeah, I'm having such a good time here. I don't really want to go home and platform mom and dad are onto me right now, so.
Speaker 1: I'll see them.
Speaker 5: I'll see them up to the nineteenth. I don't usually spend as much time with them as a half.
Speaker 3: So you're not going to come out of the way up. Mom can watch kids in the pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 5: Well, no, my mom and dad will be going home went back to the UK, but I'll.
Speaker 1: Make sure of that. But I just really would like to see you half a bit of a.
Speaker 4: Christmas summer Christmas, how nice.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: We do things differently here though.
Speaker 6: Our Christmases are like prawns and seafood and cold foods.
Speaker 7: We're not and then people being blind doing crook at the backyard and yelling at each other by three o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, there's violence and alcohol.
Speaker 3: It's so good to have you back in the country.
Speaker 7: I know everyone is absolutely pumped for your performance at broadwaver tonight is doing Friday and Saturday as well.
Speaker 6: Lewis Captal is so awesome to see you back performing.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, guys.
Speaker 5: I really appreciate you taking a team to chat to me enjoy cheer