Speaker 1: Lateens General. Welcome to the lait to base.
Speaker 2: Well, it's great to have your company.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming up. US President Joe Biden is abused by crowds, but he's so confused he thinks they're praising him. Plus a brilliant Donald Trump troll. We'll show you all of that a bit later. Plus when we look at the papers, Queensland Premier Stephen Miles has a rethink on immigration and good news for South Australian viewers. If you've been using your mobile phone while driving, you may.
Speaker 2: Be off the hook.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about all of that when we get to tomorrow's front pages. But first, a judge has found that Victorian police were aggressors using unlawful violence when dealing with anti lockdown protesters during the COVID pandemic. Now, the comments came in relation to an incident back in May twenty twenty one, when Melbourne was in the midst of harsh restrictions. A huge police contingent confronted about hundred and fifty protesters in the city. There are a whole lot of arrests, among them three men arrested for assaulting police, but a judge said on Friday that evidence against the men was inadmissible because the police officer's own body cameras showed that they, rather than the men charged, were the aggressors. In fact, the judge said, the men were reacting to quote unlawful violence instigated by the police themselves. County Court Judge Liz Gainer said that police could have dealt with the protesters other than resorting to violence.
Speaker 2: Listen to what she said. She said. It could have been.
Speaker 3: Done by the issuing of infringement notices at any stage, informing them that they were in breach of the restrictions and that they were to be placed under arrest. However, the police chose not to respond that way. I'm satisfied that in arresting mister Reeves, he was one of the gentlemen, police used unnecessary and unwarranted force and violence. They simply confronted, pushed, and attacked him before bring him to the ground. In my view, they used unlawful violence in arresting mister Reeves. Now, this of course raises the question will police involved in what the judge called unlawful violence themselves be charged or are Victoria police above the law?
Speaker 2: And what about all the other examples.
Speaker 3: Of police brutality we saw during the COVID pandemic. Police brutality is a pretty serious charge, Caleb. So you've got to wonder, does this raise calls for an inquiry or dare I say a royal commission?
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're not seriously suggesting we should look into what happened during the pandemic, are you, James?
Speaker 1: That he's an absurd suggestion.
Speaker 4: Of course, we ought to have a royal commission at all of these things, amongst many others, or to be investigated. The Victorian Police Commissioner Shane Patton should be taking a very hard look at himself right now and he should have been out on the front foot on the weekend responding to this story. As far as I'm aware, he has not done so because it's not the only example, and we saw some footage there of the way people were treated by Victorian police during the pandemic when they protested peacefully. I was at a number of those protests. It was at the Herald Sun at the time, and it was largely peaceful. I mean, the only thing you could say for getting a bit shrety was maybe some angry charts, but largely what it was was the protesters facing off with the police because the police had come along with the rubber bullets, and the protesters would all line up to try and defend themselves, and you'd occasionally have a can or something thrown. Big deal, but the police willed it to happen. Essentially, they turned up in large numbers, and we haven't seen those sort of numbers of police rock up to any of these anti Jewish pro Palestinian rallies, have we. But they turned up in large number, antagonized the protesters and in many cases got what you presume they were asking for. And let's not forget there was a woman in her seventies who was pepper sprayed in the face, a grandmother. Well, she lay on the page was yeah, yeah, she'd been knocked down. She's laying there on the ground and she's getting pepper sprayed by police. She's not a danger to anyone. We had reporters at the Herald Son that were rounded up and put in the bag of a bag of back of paddy wagons because you know, they were there reporting on what was going on.
Speaker 1: It is absolutely absurd to think what was going on in Victoria.
Speaker 4: I'm glad to see a little bit of blowback from the judiciary. Now, hopefully it opens the door to civil cases because there were so many other people who suffered damage at the hands of the police at that time. Hopefully it opens the floodgates a bit here.
Speaker 5: And how do you like this poetic justice, because this case was bought by the state since the men who were arrested and as judge just checks out their body cam footage and goes, you guys were absolute thugs.
Speaker 6: So what happened was this one guy.
Speaker 5: Who, as the judge said, they just barged up to threw on the ground after punching him in the face. Mind you all captured on bodycam footage. The two other gentlemen who got involved was simply trying to help out their mate who was being absolutely animaled by the police. So those two guys then got involved as well. The state takes them to court to push the case that these guys were the aggressors, this violence was called for, and the judge is like, there's absolutely no proof of that. And I do hope, like you say, Caleb, this opens a can of worms for the police brutality that we saw in Australa. Maybe we never forget the sight of unarmed Aussies fleeing from police as they were fired upon with rubber bullets. Let us never forget the woman Monica Smith who was put in solitary confinement for twenty two days. She did nothing violent, they dubbed her as an anti vaxxer, and well, that just justifies everything, doesn't it. Really, twenty two days in solitary confinement?
Speaker 6: Are you insane?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 6: Of course there's the case of Zoe Lee.
Speaker 5: Buller, the very pregnant woman who was arrested in her home by police for sharing simply a post about one of these freedom rallies and being like, hey, get around it, I'm going to be there. It's And that's to say nothing of all the fines of people simply for leaving their homes. We've seen dribs and drabs of cases bought against the state during that tyrannical time, actually getting up most recently the Supreme Court in Queensland that found some of the mandates for ambos and police officers were unlawful. How do you like that our lawmakers making laws that aren't even lawful. I just hope that these cases keep coming and that these people do see their day in court, because I have no doubt that the brutality that we saw across that terrible period in Australia's history was I too went to plenty of those protests, and the only brutality, the only aggression I ever saw was from the cops. And you're already in a very heightened place of emotion there. You've got people who have been stripped of the ability to feed their families and.
Speaker 6: Provide a roof over their heads.
Speaker 5: You go after people's livelihoods, You've gone after their everything. So rightly, people were angry, rightly, people were rallying, But the only times it ever turned to violence it was the cops laying into people who were prostrate on the ground with several knees on them, as cops would gang up on just one man lying there.
Speaker 3: The other thing with this and police are normal people, right, but the protesters had been so demonized by state press, used by health officials. These are tinfoil hat wear as their conspirators. They are a danger to public health. They don't care about Grandma. That you can kind of not to excuse police behavior at all.
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 3: But when you consider police are just their normal people, but they're dealing with crowds who have been so demonized by the political class that you've got a tinderbox that's been created. It wasn't just police, it was health officials polycoctions that helped to create this situation.
Speaker 5: Absoluity, there's like a muscle, Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was as the New.
Speaker 5: South Wales premiere at the time, being like, I wouldn't even be in the same room as an unvaccinated person.
Speaker 6: For crying out loud.
Speaker 5: When you locked all us unvaccinated people down, then you had to excuse every outbreak that you had on breakthrough cases. Remember that breakthrough cases all over the place, even though the unvaccinated couldn't go anywhere because they didn't have a vax pass and that was their explanation all these breakthrough cases.
Speaker 6: How many breakthrough cases.
Speaker 5: Do we need to have before people all were allowed to question the efficacy of that which they were breaking through.
Speaker 4: It became like a mass psychosis and let us never forget and we should really bear it in mind. What can be done when you have tyrannical leaders that have the ear of the people, and the people are scared. Daniel Andrews played Victoria like a fiddle. And you know, that's not to say that everyone in Victoria is dumb, but a lot of people were scared at the time and they did whatever they were told because they were worried about the consequences. And Andrews knew that, and he used it for his own power, and the police were the arm of that. So you wouldn't blame Daniel Andrews, knowing all of this, for wanting to perhaps shield that vision away from you. You know, maybe we should ban it from social media. Well that's certainly what the federal government tried to do with the footage, of course, of Bishop ma Mai Emmanuel, who was stabbed in his church about a month ago. The e Safety Commissioner Julian went off to court to get an injunction against X of course formerly Twitter now owned by Elon Musk, to stop them showing footage of the stabbing, which had been live streamed on Facebook mind you on its platform now late last month. That injunction was successful and in the end what X had to do was basically put a warning over the top of the video, so that you couldn't automatically watch it. Curiously, if you posted the video again after the post that had been flagged, there was no issue. It was essentially geo blocked, so you couldn't watch it. Well, now would you believe it? When they tried to have that extended. The court has said no, there is no justification to continue with the banning of this footage being shown. And of course mar Marie Emmanuel himself, the bishop who was stabbed, said I don't have a problem with the vision being shown. The Federal Court has said no, it should be open for all to see, and thank Heavens, it puts the Safety Commissioner on the back foot to some degree because there is now a precedent, a decision from the.
Speaker 1: Federal Court that says no.
Speaker 4: In these cases, free speech reigned supreme and as X argued quite rightly, the footage wasn't terribly graphic. It was essentially news footage. The idea that it would encourage more terrorist events, alleged terrorist events in this case would not hold up. The court has agreed, and thank god for that.
Speaker 3: You know, the funny part about this case is the Federal Court judge who is a hero because he stood up for free speech.
Speaker 2: His name's Jeffrey Kennett, So when I was I.
Speaker 3: Thought Jeff Kennet's but Brett Walker, SC who represented X. He told the court the idea it's better for the whole world not to be able to see this obviously newsworthy matter is a startling one. Even more startling is that it ended up in the Federal Court.
Speaker 2: The Australian government.
Speaker 3: Classified this footage of Bishop mar Murray Emmanuel being stabbed as gratuitous and graphic violence, which I mean it was shocking because you don't expect to see a clergyman attacked in his own pulpit, but you could barely make out the knife, let alone blood or gore. It's the same classification they use for child porn. So the Australian government went right over the top with this and have really embarrassed themselves on the world stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, indeed, which the E Safety Commissioner is very good at doing. Can anyone tell me, because this woman has been the E Safety Commissioner since twenty seventeen, what good has she done?
Speaker 6: What actually wins.
Speaker 5: Does she have where she could point to a list of stuff. Well, we sprung this child porn syndicate. We took down this, we protected those, We've clamped down on online abuse. No, she just seems to be good at running up a massive bill for taxpayers with all.
Speaker 6: These court cases.
Speaker 5: Because of course it's not just this case, it's also Billboard Chris, which we talked about a couple of months ago. If it was even that, it was more like a matter of weeks where she had reached across jurisdictions. This guy's in Canada and had simply tweeted saying, what is this guy?
Speaker 6: A dude who works as a health advisor to the United Nations. What is he doing advising.
Speaker 5: Anyone on health when all his previous posts are about best reality bondage, his pochon for orgies, etc.
Speaker 6: And so on.
Speaker 5: That is what the E Commissioner decided that she would flex on, and now he's taking her to court over that, as he should.
Speaker 6: But again, who's paying for these court cases? You are?
Speaker 5: I am, what a waste of money when this woman could be dedicating her every waking moment to ripping off child pornography. Just get it off the internet. Everyone's on a unity ticket on that. You want to keep children safe like you keep telling us go after that, not these diculous cases that nobody even agrees with.
Speaker 3: And let's never forget it was a coalition government who appointed the E Safety Commissioner in the first place. Peter Dutton would be wise to make it a policy initiative that if he wins government get rid of her, because, as you said, what has she actually accomplished?
Speaker 5: Indeed, But we should also remark that this trial is not over. The trial will now continue to look at the merits or you and I would say the lack thereof of the E Safety commissioners demand to x. So this is just a preliminary kind of at the beginning of the trial, the judge is saying, look for the extent of the trial or for now anyway, we're removing the block on that video.
Speaker 6: But it's not over by a long shot.
Speaker 3: But as The Australian newspaper pointed out today, Elon Musk won E Safety Commissioner nil in South Australia the state premier there. He's gotten on the social media is evil bandwagon. He wants to make it impossible for children aged under fourteen to have a social media account. Now this opens up all sorts of cans of worms. Let's have a listen to what he said and then will discuss the merits of his brilliant idea.
Speaker 7: Is my government's objective to ban access two major social media platforms for all children under the age of fourteen, and then for fourteen and fifteen year olds they should require parentalics consent before they can get access.
Speaker 3: So I don't think there's any parent who would argue that social media is having a detrimental effect on kids. Think most people would agree with that, And there was a survey done recently in South Australia that mirror surveys around the world that a majority of people do think that it would be better if young people were not using social media. But to ban children under the age of fourteen from using it and require fourteen and fifteen year olds to have parent permission is a couple of things. Firstly, is that okay to do or is that anti free speech and the rights of individuals? Secondly, how do you actually achieve that without instituting some sort of digital id which won't just be applied to children trying to access an Instagram or Facebook account, but rather will be used for nefarious purposes for the rest of us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, indeed, and we saw.
Speaker 5: What will be really interesting about this inquiry is how there because that's what the inquiry is, how do we enforce such a thing. It bears mentioning that Instagram and Facebook, if.
Speaker 6: You're opening an account with them, they require you to be at least thirteen is of age. But it's not That doesn't work because kids just lie. We're like, yeah, sure, I'm thirteen.
Speaker 3: Can I just say if you're thirteen and on Facebook, like, what's wrong with you? Your grandmother's on Facebook? Just tell kids grandmas on Facebook. They immediately won't want any part of it.
Speaker 5: Kids should be on Instagram and how they communicate with their friendsends and photos and all the rest of it. So you already have that in place. It obviously doesn't work. And if the government is to implement a bean then of course it is going to take some very far reaching, stringent conditions. And my first thought on this was when in late twenty twenty the Morrison government did this whole inquiry about online.
Speaker 6: Abuse and how can we crack down on it?
Speaker 5: And one of the recommendations that came back was that people would be required to have a social media passport and to get one of those, you would have to give these platforms at least one hundred points of identification, your passport, your license.
Speaker 6: Whatever, whatever.
Speaker 5: But what an impediment on privacy that is? They then know exactly who you are, where you live, what your political persuasions are like these platforms don't already have enough information, which we've learned recently and quite a few times now, especially from Meta.
Speaker 6: They're more than happy to sell your.
Speaker 5: Data Ambridge Analytica. Great doco on Netflix if you want to know how Facebook sold us all out in the twenty sixteen election. But they want that data so they can skew the public.
Speaker 6: Sentiment regarding anything, really, because if.
Speaker 5: You have that data, you can turn hearts and minds whichever way you want them to go. But this would require absolutely every single one of us undergoing this in order to prove that we are who we say we are and we are as old as we say we are in order to access our own social media accounts. I always say government always use the most reasonable and rational argument for these kinds of moves, and people go, oh, well, we all.
Speaker 6: Want to protect kids online.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, that is the job of parents, And I am sick and tired of the state stepping in and going, oh, we.
Speaker 6: Have a solution to this problem. No, you don't. That should be the jurisdiction of the parents.
Speaker 5: And you know full well that the only way to implement something like this is going to require a loss of privacy and therefore rights on behalf of everyday citizens across the board.
Speaker 4: And I'm not sure it really fixes the issue they're trying to fix anyway, right, So I'm sympathetic to the idea that that children probably shouldn't be on social media.
Speaker 1: Brain rot, it's poison.
Speaker 4: It has proliferated bullying so badly because of course, once upon a time, you know, you were a kid getting bullied in the school yard, but you at least got some respite when you went home and saw mum and dad. We don't even have that anymore, because they continue to bully you when you get home via text message or social media or whatever.
Speaker 1: It might be.
Speaker 4: It is the decision of the parents whether or not their kids are on social media, and they ought to be monitoring that. But you can remove social media from the mix and say, okay, well that's causing damage. So we've removed social media, but presumably a child who is in a position to be able to have a so social media account has access to the Internet and a device, whether it be a computer and iPad of phone whatever. Right, and there's so much other stuff that they can consume on the Internet anyway through so many other means that oh yeah, so we've removed social media, but it doesn't stop them going on any other website on the Internet. And again that is a decision of the parents to make. They can set up blocks on their internet service at home, and on and on it goes. It's for the parent to decide so that he's not going to go on Facebook, so he's not going.
Speaker 1: To get bullied.
Speaker 4: Well, great, they'll find some instant messaging service. Oh, kids aren't dumb. They always find a way around.
Speaker 5: Online games that kids play these days have a little right discord, absolutely, so there's still problem is not solved.
Speaker 2: Two more things on this.
Speaker 3: Firstly, if they found a way to do this in South Australia, how does it work.
Speaker 2: When you've got one state?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes it illegal, but you'll just go the border and all of a sudden you've got the internet free. The other thing here is if Peter Ramanowskus is really worried?
Speaker 1: Did you call him use Malanowskis?
Speaker 3: Ramanascus is a football player. Isn't he an AFL player?
Speaker 1: Malanhawskis.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if the Premier of South Australia is really concerned about the welfare of young people, why did he vote against an inquiry into the treatment of kids with gender dysphoria. If you're really worried about welfare, that'll be an inquiry worth pursuing.
Speaker 2: Or why did the South.
Speaker 3: Australian government use taxpayer money to bring Sam Smith of all people to South Australia to perform in a concert. If you're worried about the influence on young people, why spend taxpayer money on that. So he's ignored those two things but taken up the social media issue, which makes you a little bit suspicious.
Speaker 5: It does look rather virtue signally to me.
Speaker 6: I wrote, the first state in Australia has going to lay the SmackDown. Yeah, how exactly do you propose to do that? I don't think.
Speaker 5: So let's go to the States now, where earlier this month they introdue used in Congress and anti Semitism bill. Now it sounds great on the face of it, but it bears noting that antisemitism, like all kinds of racism, is already illegal in the States, and this bill was introduced in a very unorthodox way.
Speaker 6: The Congress wasn't allowed.
Speaker 5: To debate it, talk about the contents. It was just rushed through, looking all the world like a knee jerk type bill as they see these cases of massive antisemitism, particularly on their university campuses. But a closer look at this bill gives rise for concern. Firstly, his Senator Royd Chip from Texas talking about the extraordinary way in which it was just foisted upon them in.
Speaker 8: The House again and today on the floor of the House of Representatives, we had another show vote to make people feel good about themselves by passing a bill that says anti Semitism in the title. We didn't have a chance to amend it. We didn't have a chance to discuss it, to debate it, we didn't have a hearing on it. It was jammed through to take advantage of this political moment while all of these horrific things are going around the country. We don't believe in thought police. We don't believe that a bill should be brought to the floor of the United States House of Representatives having not gone through committee that has a reference in it to international organizations definitions.
Speaker 5: The international organization he's referring to is called the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance. It's not based in America, and yet their definition is the one that's gone into this bill giving Americans rights for concerns saying, hang on a minute, why is an organization that has worked with the UN extensively in the past, The UN certainly not known for its love of Israe, and yet these people get to decide what ken and can't come out of the mouths of Americans.
Speaker 6: Very concerning. Indeed, some of the measures in.
Speaker 5: This bill are some of the most drastic overreach that many Americans say they have not seen anything that violates the First Amendment worse than this thing in their entire lifetimes. Here's a quote from Senator Matt Gates. He tweeted this evening, I will vote against the ridiculous hate speech bill called the Antisemitism Awareness Act, and anti Semitism is wrong.
Speaker 6: But this legislation is written without regard.
Speaker 5: For the Constitution, common sense, or even the common understanding of the meaning of words. The Gospel itself would meet the definition of antisemitism under the terms of this bill. The bill says, the definition of antisemitism includes quote contemporary examples of antisemitism end quote identified by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance. One of those examples includes claims of Jews killing Jesus. The Bible is clear, there is no myth or controversy on this. Therefore, I will not support this bill.
Speaker 6: Neither would I have.
Speaker 5: Matt Gates and Well said, they have literally said that it is anti Semitism to say that the Jews killed Jesus. Not only is this an undisputed historical fact, it's in their own talentid It was the Jews who said yes. When Ponscha's pilots threw it out to the crowd and said, okay, let's have a vote here. What do you want? The Jews cried, he deserves death. Crucify him, not just any death, by the way, crucifixion, which was the most painful, worst death the Roman soldiers could conjure up. This is got to be the worst case of overreach we've ever seen in terms of trying to protect anyone against a specific group, against claims of race and what it really said to me last point here was way to prove all the conspiracy theorists and make them think, oh, we're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Because those who.
Speaker 5: Believe in the international Jewish conspiracy, or they control the media, they control the parliaments.
Speaker 6: You know, it goes on and on and on.
Speaker 5: This is just it's got them salivating to the point that I've never seen that mob that salivate in my entire life.
Speaker 4: It's absurd to think that you would legislate against the vilification or whatever of one particular group on its own right, because which is.
Speaker 6: Already outlooked by the way we've already.
Speaker 4: Had, We thought and the same discussion we've had here, and we've got to have a stronger laws on hate speech. We already have the laws on hate speech, we have laws against incitement, et cetera. What has happened in the US and a cost much of the Western world, is that the response in the face of the protests and the carry on and the rife anti sem has been so weak that they've been caught on the hop. And here's a bill to try and fix it. You could have fixed it any time between now and October seven last year.
Speaker 1: The laws already exist.
Speaker 4: You could have stepped in and stopped the antisemitism, the jew hatred, and you chose not to do it. So this is a Johnny Come Lately. Oh look, look we're fixed the issue. We fixed the issue. We've just taken some pro former document that someone's handed to us.
Speaker 1: Here we go, shove it on through. Look at us, How good we are.
Speaker 4: And by the way, these laws will probably never ever be used anyway, because they haven't already used the ones that already exist. But it's the same as we've got eighteen C in this country, for Heaven's sake, which makes it illegal to offend someone on the basis of their race or their ethnicity, et.
Speaker 1: Cetera, et cetera. It is not the job of the government to deal with that.
Speaker 4: We all condemn and I think on this program we've gone harder than most against Jew hatred, But it is not the job of the government to decide whether or not someone is or is not allowed to be offended in law. That is an issue for two people to deal with themselves. When it comes to genuine hate that incites violence, there are already laws against that, and.
Speaker 1: We do not need any further restriction.
Speaker 5: But what we've just seen past mac literally means it's going to be terribly awkward around Easter time for churches in America.
Speaker 6: To tell the Easter story like this is fact. I'm sure that most right.
Speaker 5: Thinking Jews have their own head in their hands, being like, why would you pass something this ridiculous that is in fact going to turn people against us, not get them on side.
Speaker 3: So the reason it could potentially make it illegal to say that the Jews killed Jesus is because this definition means it's anti semitic to blame all Jews for the actions of a few. So that's the issue, But it shows how much America has fallen from their Christian roots, which is.
Speaker 5: Really because no one would claim that all the Jews in the world were there I screaming, crucifying.
Speaker 3: No further than that, anyone with a basic understanding of Christianity understands, yes, the Jews killed Jesus, but the Jews were representative of all humanity.
Speaker 2: We all kill Jesus.
Speaker 3: Everybody is guilty of sinning against God, that's the point. So it's not specifically the Jews who are guilty, and the rest of us have no part in it.
Speaker 2: We all are guilty of that.
Speaker 3: So it shows how far America has fallen from its understanding of the Christian faith. But like you said, Caleb, there's already laws in place to deal with what is happening when you don't use the laws you've got, and so the government try to make more laws, all they do is just make an absolute mess. Now, the context for all of this, of course, is what's happening in university campuses around the States, and it just continues to get well. I was going to say stupider and stupider. I'm not sure if that's great grammar.
Speaker 2: You cold curate.
Speaker 1: You could be an lecturer.
Speaker 4: You could be lecturer at one of the Ivy League universities these days.
Speaker 3: If anyone give me a lecture at an Ivy League university, he check out the graduation at because it's graduation season at unis in America. Check out the graduation at Duke University. Now Jerry Seinfeld was a speaker, I would be thrilled if Jerry Seinfeld was the keynote speaker. Now, he is a Jew, but he's not part of the IDF. He's not like in the war cabinet room in Jerusalem. He's got no part in what's happening in Gaza, and yet students all walked.
Speaker 2: Out as soon as he got up to speak.
Speaker 3: Liz As if that's not bad enough, tell us about what happened at Berkeley University.
Speaker 5: Well, Berkeley University, University of California, Berkeley. She disrupted the commencement of hers with this wonderful anti Australia protests.
Speaker 6: Just listen to what she had to say.
Speaker 9: As a Berkeley student, we have a long history of protesting, and we did the same for our party in South Africa. It's not only therefreen than twenty years from now, the university is going to recognize it.
Speaker 5: As like, so, we're just protesting because it's what we do at Berkeley. Don't really know any facts or figures, but this is what we're known for and we're sticking to it. But speaking of walkouts, check out this one at the university in Virginia where the governor of the state got to give a speech, as we do with politicians at these auspicious events, and because he is a supporter of Israel. Check out the walkout that they staged at their own graduation.
Speaker 8: Visitors ologies faculty, sad, family and friends, Grand nation graduale.
Speaker 7: What a de scene for.
Speaker 6: You this morning to graduating class of twenty twenty four. Well done, guys.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you've saved many lives in Gaza by doing absolutely nothing but disrupting your own ceremony and for everybody else there as well. Many of them wouldn't have even known why.
Speaker 6: Really, And the.
Speaker 5: Governor gets up to give a speech and these kids start walking out high on their virtue signaling pedestals. Most people would have been like, the what the heck, where are you going?
Speaker 4: And apparently part of the issue with them with the governor Glenn Youngkin as well as his take on Tran's issues, it's I mean, you know, it's just so predictable, isn't it.
Speaker 1: There are kids in Gaza who would probably dream.
Speaker 4: Of the idea of being able to go to university. You've had the opportunity, you're there at your graduation, and the governor of your state, the state of course, would provide some money to the university. No, no, I'm just not going to have a part in this anymore. My god, we really should be worried about some of these kids. And speaking of how about this one in Colombia who's gone up to accept her diploma, and.
Speaker 1: Well she wasn't having a bar. Have a look at that. She takes the thing and rips it in half. How good you've gone through all these years at UNI. You know you're ready to go. Well, actually they're going to say ready to go.
Speaker 4: She probably did a BA Bachelor of Arts bugger all degree, so it probably.
Speaker 1: Wasn't of much value anyway.
Speaker 4: And in fact, by doing that she can then go and use it as toilet paper, which will probably be a better use for it in any case.
Speaker 1: You know, how mad do you have to be? And I noticed she's.
Speaker 4: Got handcuffs on as well, which is you know, some sort of statement about genocide in Gaza, and you got them rip up your own diploma if you if she went for a job anywhere, right, you'd be looking up that footage and you'd be going, I just sorry, We've had a better candidate.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel sorry for her because that's the most attention she will ever get for the rest of her life. Yes, if she's got any conviction at all, she will contact the university and get them to scrub the diploma from their database.
Speaker 2: So there's no record at all.
Speaker 5: Well, hopefully not so that employers can look her up and know just what they're getting in that package when they read her resume. But if you're here in Sydney, you know that we are having the wettest May in twenty one years. So I noted with great interest this week when Ben Fordham came to the party.
Speaker 6: And tweeted this. He said, it's not a conspiracy theory. Snowy hydro is cloud seating.
Speaker 5: They're pumping chemicals into the air to try and artificially increase rainfall. And here's what he had to say, straight from Fordham's.
Speaker 10: Mouth, The mob running snowy hydro are cloud seeding. Did you know this snowy hydro. He's pumping silver idine and indium trioxide into the air above the snowy mountains and they're doing it to artificially increase rainfall and snowfall. I'm not making it up. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Have a look at their website.
Speaker 5: We know you're not a conspiracy theorist. Then, because a lust conspiracy theorists have known, they've been doing this for over ten years. Yes the government can control the weather, and yes they are controlling the weather. I just love it when conspiracy theories become mainstream all of a sudden, because people will they just find out.
Speaker 1: That they're true fourteen percent.
Speaker 4: Apparently it can increase the snow and rainfall up there on the snowy mountains, which then, of course is useful for snowy hydro, which is one of the greatest failures of all time in terms of a nation nation snowy Hydro two point zero. We should point out the original snowy Hydro was a bit better, but this one that Turnbull dreamed up has been a bit of a disaster. But I'll tell you one place they do actually need to go and do a bit of cloud seeding, and that is over this swim center in Sydney today, where would you believe it, all the solar panels on the roof caught on fire. You know, they're simply trying to do their best to save the planet. You know, we're going to get all the sun to come down here. At Sydney Olympic Park today they had a swimming competition going on and you can see some of the smoke.
Speaker 1: Billowing out there.
Speaker 4: All the kids had to pile out of the pool because that lovely green solar panels they all caught on fire and sent emissions out into the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: How good is that?
Speaker 2: A Well, if you're going to have a fire, at least have it at the swimming pool.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they've got the water at.
Speaker 2: Their probably the best. But we need to go to a break. Just before we do go to the break, in.
Speaker 3: Relation to our earlier conversation read the pandemic, we do need to point out that it's still the government in Australia's advice that your best protection against COVID is the vaccine.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we look at what's making news in the papers tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Stick around.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get stuck into what's making news in tomorrow's papers.
Speaker 2: We'll start with the career Mail.
Speaker 3: Like most papers tomorrow, they anticipating the budget. Have a look at the characterature of Treasurer at Jim Chalmers there. It kind of gives you an idea of how the career mail regard the upcoming budget.
Speaker 2: Is that Santa's hat or is that a duncers.
Speaker 4: That's a very good I just want to know who his dentist is because that's a pretty good effort.
Speaker 1: I have to say, good.
Speaker 2: Chompers jim flation. They've already decided what the budget will be.
Speaker 3: The other story on the front page of the Courier Mail and Exclusive, the headline reads Premier's migration cut appeal. Premier Stephen Miles has demanded the federal government cut immigration levels while the state struggles with explosive population growth and a critical shortage of housing. Now he's appealed directly to Anthony Albanezi, saying that if migration continues at current levels, will need tens of thousands more homes every year than industry can build. Calebb is Stephen Miles just slow on the uptake. We've been talking about this for months. Others have been talking about it for just as long. Stephen Miles has just figured out maybe migration is a problem and is exacerbating the housing christ.
Speaker 4: Well, Stephen Miles is what five four or five months away from state election. I think maybe that might have something to do with it. And it's interesting to see a few labor premiers now at odds with the federal government, not just on this but other issues. Certainly, the alarm has been raised in New South Wales as well about the large numbers of people who are coming in through migration over in Wa. Now you have the Premier Roger Cook taking the fart up against the federal government because they want to ban live sheep exports, which is of course a big industry for them.
Speaker 1: Stephen Miles is right.
Speaker 4: I mean, it is difficult to deal with all these people coming in. But I would say to mister Miles, spare of thought for the people of Sydney and Melbourne, who take the vast majority of these margrants who come in. You think it's bad in Brisbane, you want to see what it's like in Sydney and Melbourne, the two biggest cities which take the lion's share of these migrants.
Speaker 1: You can't keep up.
Speaker 4: We all know that, even Stephen Miles knows that. But the federal government are they just sort of out at sea somewhere going, oh, we're going to cut the migration numbers. Well, we've yet to see any evidence of that.
Speaker 5: Every single premiere in the country should be putting this pressure on the Albneazy government. As Miles notes, the population growth of two point seven percent in the year to September.
Speaker 6: This is in.
Speaker 5: Queensland, alone was the highest in more than fifteen years. And he would know because of course Brisbane has these tent cities that he went and bought a pile of hotels to put the homeless people in because.
Speaker 6: Out of side, out of mind, and got to.
Speaker 5: Have things looking tidy and the lead up to an election. But it is all band aid policies or just no policies at.
Speaker 6: All that we're seeing.
Speaker 5: And indeed, one could argue in defense of the government, how rare for me that there's no amount of policies that can stem this time and provide housing where there simply is none for the numbers that are being shoved into our states from overseas.
Speaker 4: And if we're talking numbers, it's is here. One hundred and forty three thousand, six hundred people moved to Queensland in the year to September twenty twenty three, which is up from thirty two thousand, five hundred and ninety three in twenty nineteen. Fair old jump, isn't it. Let's go to the Advertiser where what a surprise, We've just lifted up one labor premier and now we're going to knock another down. Mallebach's state of Palestine Premier Peter Malanowskas has declared the state government agrees recognition of a Palestinian state is essential to the creation of peace and the Palestinian people have a right to demand immediate recognition at a heated Islamic community function. Now, what a surprise that he said it at an Islamic community function, because where else would he come out and say something like that. He's kind of got a play to the crowd. But what's the Premier of South Australia going to do? Oh god, you know it's bad enough that we've got.
Speaker 1: Albow think and he can run the world.
Speaker 4: Now, Peter Malanaskis reckons he can have an effect on what's going over on in Palestine. It just doesn't need to be said, right, And I get that he's there and he's trying to play to the cred it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Need to be said.
Speaker 4: The most logical thing that any premier or state politician could say on this matter is, look, this is just not in my purview. Take this issue up with the federal government. I'm here to deal with my first priority of the things that I can fix here in South Australia.
Speaker 1: What's going on in Gaza.
Speaker 4: I feel very sorry for you, but whatever I say is not going to fix anything.
Speaker 2: It's pure politicking.
Speaker 3: As the article points out, he's been criticized for defending Israel's right to self defense. He's been criticized for not lighting up monuments in honor of dead Palestinians.
Speaker 2: Because of the war in Gaza. So this is evening the score.
Speaker 3: And as you say, he knows and everyone else knows that the Premier of South Australia has not set foreign policy.
Speaker 2: Maybe it'd be better if he did.
Speaker 3: I you couldn't do Wilson Penny Warmth, but they rule of the same bag.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: If your name is Labor, there is very little differentiation whether we're talking about a Labor premiere or the Labor Cabinet in camera.
Speaker 4: Wong, of course, being another South Australian. Oh my god, we're not doing too well at the moment. Are another story on the front of the Taza tomorrow. Police have a fine time with camera.
Speaker 1: How good is this story?
Speaker 4: Police will have to personally check every fine issued by new cameras to catch drivers using their mobile phones. Now, of course you'd probably be aware of these cameras. They're being slightly rolled out across the country where they affix them to bridges and on light posts and that sort of thing, so they can tell whether you're using your mobile phone, usually when you're sitting at the lights or driving.
Speaker 1: Under a bridge or something.
Speaker 4: But it turns out the images that these cameras in South Australia are taking a full of quote unquote in consistency, so they can't actually trust what the camera is telling them that people have been doing, so they actually had to devote police resources to individually going through each one of these photos and deciding whether or not you get a fine. Let's just hope you've got a copper on the day who's had enough of his job for the day.
Speaker 1: And he's like, no, get rid of it, no fines for anyone. I'm going home. It's five o'clock.
Speaker 3: Well, he's going to be pretty busy because since they started this trial they issued one hundred and seventy seven fines a day, and by the way, that's worth about ninety thousand dollars a day to the.
Speaker 1: Government ookne the revenue rate.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember that story about the girl who got done for being on her phone and because she was wearing a mini skirt in her car and the camera was actually so clear.
Speaker 6: This was in New South Wales, not one of these dodgy South Australia cameras. It was rather.
Speaker 5: Inappropriate photo to take and so well did she not have to pay the fine? But the police were actually very apologetic about this photo that they'd taken of this young woman in her car.
Speaker 6: So maybe we should just all start wearing mini skirts.
Speaker 5: To the front page, what do you want to find or not?
Speaker 1: Caleb gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 6: I don't know the run page of the Herald Sun. Now hospitals are in shock. The splash reads. Regional hospital insiders.
Speaker 5: Say they will be forced to shut or amalgamate after elked memo from Victoria's health minister revealed orders that they must stick to new budgets. However, the state says it's bringing certainty to hospital funding.
Speaker 6: Well, how do you like that kind of certainty?
Speaker 4: I e.
Speaker 6: You're not getting any money.
Speaker 5: We know that we're gracing the headlines on an at least weekly basis as to what a burning dumpster fire our health system is in in Victoria.
Speaker 6: But you're not getting any money.
Speaker 1: So suck it up.
Speaker 5: And these hospitals are literally going Okay, suck it up means we either close down or amalgamate.
Speaker 6: That's our early track forward.
Speaker 3: What I love about this is the state government advis in these hospitals. Why don't you get rid of consultants and PR people as if the government doesn't use consultants and pr people left, right and center. Let's go to the front page of the Newcastle Herald. A good story to finish out on belly. Brilliant heroic pilot's perfect landing. A pilot has been praised for his textbook wheels Up landing yesterday after a light plane malfunctioned over Newcastle Airport. The plane was carrying three people, two passengers and a pilot. Its landing gear failed, so the fifty three year old pilot from Queensland he circled for four hours, getting rid of fuel you can see there, and then makes a perfect landing.
Speaker 2: No one injured.
Speaker 3: In fact, they all got out, got their cars and drove home.
Speaker 1: How do it? And a real Aussie hero.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we're going to go to a break when we come back. The US political scene is never boring. Will show you Biden and Trump's latest in just a moment. I don't think we've ever had two political leaders in the US as entertaining as Biden and Trump.
Speaker 4: Caleb, I think you are quite right, and you know they're doing pretty well to be so entertaining at their age. Of course, Biden has reached eighty and Trump is fast on his heel. Speaking of being on his heels, we know that something. Barden isn't very good at his walking, whether it'd be going up steps or even in a straight line on a piece of grass. That's why he wears those stabilizing sneakers with his suits anymore.
Speaker 1: He can't even hack a pair of leather shoes.
Speaker 4: While he was out wandering around the other day, just sort of, you know, blissfully moving through the world, and he came across a throng of supporters, or at least he thought they were.
Speaker 1: I mean, take the man to have his hearing tested.
Speaker 4: If he could not tell that was a hostile crowd, I don't know what the hell.
Speaker 5: He's just pleased to see a crowd, because crowd. This guy has zero magnetism, and any Biden get together, you can count them.
Speaker 3: On one hand. His granddaughter, she knew, she knew exactly what was happening.
Speaker 1: Did you see she could not get in?
Speaker 2: She was not hanging around.
Speaker 5: But the size of the crowd in New Jersey on the weekend left no one in any doubt as to the popularity of President Donald Trump with an eighty thousand strong crowd.
Speaker 6: Here he is giving his thoughts on the present present president.
Speaker 7: You look at the economy, the real economy, not the fake economy.
Speaker 1: Everything they touch turns to one. You shouldn't use that la cata language.
Speaker 3: Look, look, you can't use the word okay, word is shi.
Speaker 5: But here he was correcting the crowd, being like, no, we're classier than this.
Speaker 6: How's that crowd?
Speaker 5: Though this is a blue state, this is New York, Yet they.
Speaker 6: Chowed up in throngs to cheery one.
Speaker 2: Trump is a great troll and a great entertainer.
Speaker 1: That's it from us.
Speaker 2: Stick around. Coming up in just a moment, it's the read the Penney Show.