Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Maths twenty podcast, and welcome to your first episode in what feels like forever, but realistically it's well like a week and a half. I would like to apologize for the brief absence, and I'll just be fully honest with you here and say I have been quite burnt out, a little sick, and just like lately, I've had the biggest or some of the biggest projects of my career all happening at once. And that's because I do actually have a day job away from like my podcasts, which is Pedro and I my business partner. We run a small production company in Sydney, and like some clients come to us and they want some strategy for social media. Some are launching a podcast and want us to do a strategy for that or help them produce that, and maybe they want to use our space to film or some of the crew we have, or we offer all different various types of things. And that is yes, how I pay my bills, and yes I make an income from podcasting, but it's not huge or it's not enough to do full time. And I've realized lately, which I kind of don't like to admit, but there's only so much I can do, and one person can do. There's only so many hours in the day, and I've been trying to do too much to the point that I have been sick and then having to do the other projects while sick, and my body hasn't been able to recover, and it got to the point where I just had to go, Okay, I have to pause some things for the sake of my own health. And you can maybe hearing my voice now, I'm still not one hundred percent there, but hey, we're getting there. All is good. And I'm annoyed that I haven't been able to do this specific podcast now because almost a week ago Daily Mail dropped the full lineup to this year's lineup as if it's a festival, the full cast to this year, well next year's maths. And I've been dying to sit behind this microphone have us scroll through and just judge them and roast them and make my absolute baseless assumption is just off the brief bios that are out there, And yeah, this is enough of a ramble intro from mey, let's do it. Before we get to the cast. The new Relationship Expert has been reviewed following Mel Shillings sad passing in this. To me, it still feels a bit weird to imagine a show without Mel because she's been just she has been in the show for so long, like she's kind of like part of the furniture, and yeah, this is sad. The new expert is called doctor Love, not a joke, that's what she's called. Legally, not sure, but she spells it doctor Love like l U r v E, which like, she seems lovely. I've had a scroll, I've listened to a few podcasts. She seems lovely. But to me, that name, I'm gonna be honest, it's a nick.
Speaker 2: My name is doctor Love, and I'm a relationship expert, and I'm someone who's also been exactly where you are right now.
Speaker 1: And her Instagram bio is Australia's number one relationship expert, which I always wonder when people said that, like who gave you that title? How do you know you number one? And I want the first episode of Maths next season her to sit with John and go actually, John, I'm the number one relationship expert. And again, sorry, I'm not taking the piss Doctor Love. Actually I can't say that about laughing because you do seem lovely. So let's you know, here's a bit of Doctor Love.
Speaker 3: The women that have men that don't commit are also the women that have one foot in, one foot out. Doctor Love Australia is leading love and relationship coach.
Speaker 4: I hear from women all the time. They're like, men just don't commit.
Speaker 3: You are what you attract, right, It could be a really good excuse for some women to say I can't find a man. They're intimidated by my wealth, my success, or my confidence or my beauty. That's rubbish. No one likes people pleasers, not just women.
Speaker 1: Do you find most men are emotionally unavailable? So a lot of men have learnt to be the thing with Doctor Love. And she's probably had this internal conflict herself that her going on a show of this size and scale is like the biggest advert she's going to get for her services relationship and like do people actually pay these people? Like what is it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: What does a relationship expert do day to day? Other then go on podcasts and work on maths, like the couples actually go to her. Maybe I'm going to research that.
Speaker 2: In this free masterclass, you'll learn how your nervous system is actually trying to protect you, and how to gently rewire it for safety, calm and clarity. This isn't about getting over someone overnight. It's not about jumping online and dating tomorrow. This is about understanding why it's been so hard for you.
Speaker 5: To let go.
Speaker 1: Well, essentially, yes, the internal conflict I assume she's had in a head of whether to accept this job is great advertisement, but is it going to kind of ruin her integrity because we are not the success right on? This show? Is well, it's shit, isn't it. Yeah? Anyway, time will tell how Doctor Love goes. Now let's move on to the cast. And you know how every year they seem to just find a group of people who have all been on reality television before, or have blue ticks on Instagram or a role just a little more on the fame hungry side of life. Have they done that again?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: It looks like it, because let's start with a bloke called Connor. And for Connor, this isn't his first attempt at finding love on reality television because he previously appeared like a year or so ago on a British show called Dating Naked, which, yeah, it does exactly what it says in the title Imagine Love Island, but everyone's got the cock out. After Connor film that show and returned back to Australia, he went on Fifi and feav in Melbourne to talk about it and you know, we explained he was approached and he thought, why not.
Speaker 5: Well they they actually approached May asking hey, May, like, we've seen some of your stuff and we wouldn't mind you getting your kid off in Panama for a month. And for me, you like, on my day job, I'm just working in a fabric factory out in Seton and I was having to look at the concrete jungle there and I thought, I love the boys in here and the free party fires we get on Smoker on a Friday, but I think a few naked bodies in Panama might be a bit more appealing. Wow, And okay, so I've seen the first step and Connor, You're already might have found love. I don't know where it goes, but is did you make a connection there?
Speaker 1: During the interview new Groom, Connor also explained how the nakedness it really helped him get to know his cast on that show and potential partners and now it's got me thinking, well, Jack and is just going to like, is this going to be a twist that he's wedding a mass? Is he just going to arrive with his cockaul?
Speaker 5: You know what it is? Actually? You know, I thought it was a bit of a gimmick, the whole getting naked thing. But once you have your kid off, your mind has nowhere left to one day in sort of the sexual department, so you do sort of focus on them really as a person. So it does actually allow a pretty fruitful place for romance to blossoms. So pretty quickly you do get to know people better than you ever thought you would.
Speaker 1: And also during that radio interview, Connor went onto detail how erections worked on that naked dating show, which was anybody wondering that there not really but no, he's no, it's being brought up I suppose. Yeah, go on, Connor, lets us.
Speaker 6: Know thinking about things that blossom. Now when you get when you walk around and you see a beautiful lady and she's standing there and she's got no clothes on, and then the third leg gets a bit excited, does it just go up? Well, what happens? How do you stop that?
Speaker 5: You know, what mate. There wasn't actually a single random raging hard on for the whole process on the show. There wasn't one like, well, you'd be cooking, you're breaking and a beautiful new woman would walk in. And it's not like you get too excited. When you would get excited is when you've just had an unbelievable date and you're getting a little bit hot and steaming personally. But you know, if you didn't get a little bit of rares, then you'd have to probably question yourself there.
Speaker 1: I Reckon Connor is also a former football player who apparently had to quit that because he had what a new idea say, a catastrophic knee injury, which is quite the word to refer to an injury. And he's matched with a lady called Leanne who's a reformer Plarti's instructor in Melbourne and from what I can see from this one article, she has not previously appeared on any naked based reality shows. Great Moving On And just like every other year, there is indeed an actor on the show, or should I say actrest is a lady called Serena who works in theater. Every year, Yeah, we have someone with a bit of a performing art background. She's been matched with a bloke called Tim Bates, who appeared on Million Dollar Island in twenty twenty three, because of course he did away from trying to be on reality shows. Tim is a Brisbane cafe owner and a source tells a new idea. They've been on their honeymoon and film their honesty box. Great intel there, yep, well that's kind of what happens is the as the show goes along at this stage? Oh no, the source goes on to say, they actually seem to be going really well. Safe to say the source of this article is either Serena or Tim. The next couple is Rob Harp and Sophie Vidal, and according to Daily Mel, Rob may be the loudest groom in the experiment, but those close to him say he doesn't need to raise his voice to command respect, and that reads like chatchipt. He's apparently a footy player who is calm, measured and grounded, with a strong work ethic and close to his family. Oh why do all these quotes sound like they comes straight from the people. He's been matched with a tattooed bombshell called Sophie who sauces tell Daily Mel He's been matched with because she has a fiery side which is likely to emerge if somebody crosses her, and I'll probably give it one episode until somebody crosses her. Next couple is Jay and Kats, who I assume are going to be known as Jaycat and James has a background in did You Still marketing and has worked with major brands to build online engagement and increase revenue, which sounds like James is an aspiring influencer. The experience has made him more conscious than most how people present themselves, so that means he's going to be well, I'd say a bit fake if he's like very conscious and marketing in himself. He has a distinctive sense of style, which and a strong interest in fashion of music. James just sounds like every person in the world likes fashion of music, what likes putting clothes on and putting spotifi on? And he's matched with Yeah, Kat, who is a nurse who previously worked in the United Kingdom during the COVID pandemic. These articles often feel like the journalists right, and then they just write the only bits of information they can scrape about these people, like that's so random. James has a strong interest in fashion of music, presumably because they've gone down his Instagram and someone's gone, oh, that's it. That shit a bit fruit, isn't it. Oh he went to a concert one all right, fashion and music, that's that guy. And then they've had a look at what cat as She probably posted a picture of a COVID mask in a hospital she worked in the UK during the pandemic. Next couple, we've got Bella and Chris. And just so you know, this episode, I've got no script whatsoever. I'm just reading these articles as a girl. Chris is described as athletic, tattooed, and intensely confident, which is quite the word, like it's good to be confident, but intensely confident, so he's that just arrogant. Chris is the background in football, boxing and fitness. He's said to be direct and uncomplicated, and he's fiercely loyal and protective of the people he loves. I'm not getting good vibes about him this article World and Deli mal because this is so shady. Chris has been paired with actress and model Bella. Bella has a previous IMDb credit for playing a tart in the TV movie does celebrate Anders the experiment with around ten thousand Instagram followers, making her the most followed bride identified in the early Sorry played a tart? Are we talking like the sweet dessert or tart as in the UK? I'd say slur or insult for like a provocative woman because in my head I like the idea that in her one acting role as an actress, which she's been described as, she was just like literally dressed up as a baked pastry dessert. I'm so tired that I'm just laughing at nothing. Bella is also socially connected. Socially connected? What does that mean? She's got friends? Aren't we all socially connected unless you live in a hole and never leave the house. She's also confident art, and she's mates with several adult content creators, which all right, when when did anyone ask? With these articles? When cast members are introduced, she can often like read between the lad minds of what they're trying to say or what they're trying to imply. People are I'm from this, I'm kind of getting vibes Bella implying she maybe the villain. You know, she's friends with sex workers, and she played a tart in a movie once, and she's got ten thousand followers already, which like, are all things that the average view would go, well, well, she's not there for the right reasons, is she all right?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 1: I'm enjoying this podcast now, I'm gonna stop doing scripts. Next up, we've got Kin and Kristen Art. This is the couple whose wedding I went to and I got into the water on that inflatable mattress. And I said in my previous podcast how he once appeared on the Bachelorette and he's now known to most people as the Hey honey man on Instagram, where he basically starts every TikTok and video saying hey honey. And he also has like a business with speed dating and matching people. And one thing interesting again I touched on in the last but I'm going to go into more now, is he refers to himself as a relationship expert giving relationship advice. And I think it's funny is since he's joined the experiment and he's now in Sydney filming, it's been like, what three weeks, He's still posting content on his socials almost every other day offering relationship advice to other people, despite now being on a show where he's been matched with a stranger and he's getting his own advice fro him over it Like it doesn't make sense. None of this show makes sense if we're being honest. Anyway, Here's the first video he posted last week while still in Sydney filming maths, but you know he found some time to record and post this.
Speaker 4: Hi, honey, some men are going to pick you up when you have sore fake other men they're gonna be like I warned you about those heels. So choose a man that's gonna lift you up.
Speaker 1: It's a man. I'm just gonna turn this off because it's I don't want to say it's cringe, because I can see in the comments like a lot of women like this. But to me, it's just like, can you please let me know if you find this like as a woman thing. I get what he's doing and everything's got a nice message and it's sweet, but like the fact he's telling himself as a relationship expert while on a show needing a relationship expert for himself, it all just feels a bit disingenuous and a bit and a bit weird, if I'm being honest, but I don't want to judge in too much until we meet him on the show. I meet him probably in real life. So you know, let's next, Let's look at the next video he's posted a while in Sydney filming this show.
Speaker 4: Hey, honey, I have the perfect sentence. You're going to ask the guy you're dating, seeing, married to whatever, and this is going to help figure out whether or not he sees you as something important in his life. So what you're going to do is ask him this, where do you see yourself in the next five years? And if he doesn't answer with you know anything, that says us we all that kind of stuff. He isn't thinking long term about you. And this is mainly specific for people who are just out in relationships or a dating Where do you see yourself? They're not saying they're not thinking about having kids and all that kind of stuff. Run okay, I just wanted to give you that a little bit of advice, and now go give it a crack and let me know how you go.
Speaker 1: Love you all right, Well, you've just said let me know how you go. So this morning I put your advice to the test. Now, I don't have a significant over of my own to ask, But what I do have is a work colleague, business partner, Peedo, who half the time I can barely tolerate. But he's the closest of God. So here's me testing your magic question. What are you saying? Oh no, I was just thinking, where do you see yourself in five years? Those stupid questions are what do you mean? I don't look at the future. I'll just go with the flow my life. Where do you see yourself? I don't know. Do you see me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You don't see me? That's okay. If you don't against you, that's you've got to jump off to. Fucking So do you see me in five years?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why together a couple in business? Yes, I mean it kind of worked. Petro mentioned me. It's a bit awkward asking him that in the office, to be honest. Anyway, here's the last video he's posted while you know, still in Sydney filming the show and finding time to film. He's inspirational. Hey honey, Hi honey, I just.
Speaker 4: Want to say something to you real quick. You're doing really well, and you're so hard and you've got it all happening.
Speaker 1: You know what I can see, like just from the comments and the amount of followers he's got, Like so many women do love this man, and you know, the content appeals to so many people. I get that, and he seems like a nice enough dude. But is everything he's saying as sweet and romantic as everybody thinks it is? Or does he just have like an impeccable choice of music for every video because every music has that very sweet, soft inspirational bed behind it where you know, it really gets you in the fields. But for example, what if I, in my edit now take that away and add a different style of music, would it still be as sweet if I added maybe a sexual bet Hi, honey, I.
Speaker 4: Just want to say something to you real quick. You're doing really well and you're so hot, and you've got it all happening.
Speaker 1: See, it's not quite as charming, there is it. Let's be honest. Sorry, that's my cold. I'm a bit sniffy. Actually. You know who Caine reminds me of with these videos and who would be his perfect march doctor love Love with a oh and a year and however you spell it?
Speaker 2: If you're still thinking about someone who hurt you. No, you're not weak and know you're not broken.
Speaker 1: So that'd be quite the plot twist, wouldn't it. Imagine that too end up hooking up Like they're both kind of doing same thing. Well, they both think the relationship experts, Well, they don't think one is now a qualified one on one's on TikTok doing it. But they both like seem to have similar mindset, similar vibes, similar content. Is that is that all we need in this day and age to find our person? Similar tiktoks? Moving on now, and sorry, this podcast is dragging on a bit and I can feel my voice starting to go. This is then Sydney hospitality operator Stephen, who's expected to be one of the most confident. Why are all the grooms the most confident person ever? And yeah, Steven's energetic, approachable and street smart. What does that even mean? Street smart? Let me google it? What does street smart mean? Street smart means having practical knowledge, common sense, and quick thinking to survive or succeed in daily life and urban environments. It relies on real world experiences rather than normal schooling. All right, well, that's good to know Stephen is he's he can survive out there on the on the main streets of where's he from Sydney's eastern suburbs, of course, those notoriously dangerous streets, billionaires and mansions, backpackers. Who's he been match with? He's been matched with Sarah Jane Combon combon and what the media is saying. She is so far in men one of the season's more mysterious brides, which means the Google I couldn't find anything. So she's a mystery to them and me. No, I suppose because I'm just reading their articles because I've had no time to do my own research. And then someone else says, meanwhile, details about Sarah Jane's background remain closely guarded. Why they implying like, you know, she's for the FBI or something, you know, like closely guarded top secret agencies. No, she just locked her Instagram and you can't find anything else. Next Lily Hollocks and James Smith. James Smith is a classic Bondai Alarican. He's friendly, larger than Lie. He's not described as confident. He is described as likely to become the life of any dinner party. So he's just a nice guy who everyone likes, really and He's been matched with Queensland beauty Lily Hollicks, who works for the Australian government's Department of Climate Change, Energy and the Environment and Water. I'm sorry on this show, did she confuses as for the ABC or something? What's Lily doing on here? We've got the Grettera Funburg of realities? Is it Funburger Tunberg? We've got the Grettera Tunberg of married at first sight. She's here to change her relationship status and then change the world one dinner party at a time.
Speaker 3: I would say that it's very understandable to feel overwhelmed because the things we're talking about, the things we're dealing with, are existential threats to humanity.
Speaker 1: According to Daily mel the match brings together James is wild and larger than life. Bondi and what is Bondi energy? I lived in Bondaye for two years. The Bondie energy in the nicest wage just being a dickhead who thinks she better than everyone else. I'll being a backpacker who doesn't have a job, the two versions of Bondie energy, and then and a bride who has built a career inside one of the country's major government departments. You know what I'm gonna say, These two are my favorites. Next up, we've got Cody Wyatt and Winter Cunnington. I can't read today. These are very gender ambiguous names because Cody is the girl in this situation, but Cody could be a boy. And Winter spelled w I n T a H like Winter, but presumably pronounced winter. He's the groom in this situation. And this, this is the couple. I also went to their wedding. I only did two weddings this year. This was one of them. This was the bride who looked like she would rather be anywhere in the world as she arrived, and then she kind of stopped then didn't go inside for a while. Oh, and she's a cosmetic nurse from Sydney. And the groom inside is Oh. He's a father of two from the Byron Bay region who previously worked as a coal minder. He is committed to his faith, so religious, devoted to fitness, and exceptionally close to his sisters. And I'm going to say something like I don't like objectifying people, but you know, we all have our favorites in life. We all have people we find easy on the eye. And if I was to be matched with any of these people from like just looks essentially, if I had to do that photo ranking challenge from these first pictures, This guy I think is very handsome and that I would describe that as my type. And know what else did it say about? Actually? Before I say that, let me have a full read. Those who have met him have described him as genuine, relaxed, and easy going, although they believe there is considerable emotional depth beneath his chilled exterior. Oh, he sounds like the dream. I want my own winter, now, I want my own summer. It's cold this week.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: And then lastly, there was the same sex female couple who I was told they both identify as lesbian, and I said that because one of their friends reached out to say, Hey, I'm my lesbian friends on the show. But then other press are saying they're like a bisexual match, And I don't want to like wrongly label Victoria and Shooner until I suppose they've publicly said what they are, so I'm just gonna say they're a female same sex couple. At this point, apparently both women were completely open about who they could see themselves falling for. In terms of a male or a female. But then that doesn't make sense because one of the mates said, now me mates a lesbian, so I don't know, and yeah, that's that's the cast. I'm surprised actually, upon reflection that there's less people with reality TV pass Like there's a couple who have done bits of media and acting and followers and whatever, but overall there seems to be less than in all and actually there's not an Oh, where's the token old couple? I haven't missed someone? Now this is everyone out there? Oh my god, Channel nine are discriminating against people of age. Technically everyone's a person of age. People of ages let's say thirty eight and above, now forty and above? Oh no, I did miss a couple. Who are these? Okay, Well that's it. That's the group of people I'm going to spend the next six months of my life discussing almost daily. Do I sound thrilled about it? Not really, I'm I going to get excited about it soon, of course I am. I'm just as I've said many times, I'm overtired. My voice is going. I've still got a cold, and I've just fallen in love with a many cold Winter, who doesn't know I actually probably doesn't know I exist because I'm outside his wedding, but I didn't see him because he was inside Winter. If you're listening and you don't work out with I've already forgot her name your wife, then you know where I am. If you're also identify as anything book straight, what am I talking about? This is why I need scripts in life. Guys, goodbye, have a nice day.