Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the Christy Cast.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining me. We're live from the compound on this glorious day. Why is it extra glorious? Well, because I have the total ray of sunshine that is TV star, radio host, reality TV winner. I mean, what hasn't he done? He is an angel. His name is Dylan Lewis. Welcome to the Christy Cast. Dylan Lewis. We've spun up child's play and you have very graciously centers photographs. Three photographs of baby Dylan. The first one is you looking very cranky. You look like something from Sesame Street or the Muppet Show, sitting on Santa's bench.
Speaker 3: It's that's probably about look around me. I'm about two or three there, so it's mid seventies, and yes I'm benched. And although it looks like I'm a sad muppet, apparently, my mom assures me that's me being really happy. I'm just so happy. My expression fell off and I just I felt so And she does a similar thing when she gets really happy. It's like a content face, even though it looks a little bit sad and crumpy.
Speaker 2: So you get calmer the happier you get, do you.
Speaker 3: I think maybe maybe it's something to do. Wow, shall I lie on the couch? Maybe it's something to do with if I feel calm. It's a rarity and so that it indicates happiness to me.
Speaker 2: And also it's a big moment meting center.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't call him that. I call him Father Christmas. Do you want I don't. I've just never felt comfortable. I've never said sand. I don't gay sand. It feels like it's doesn't feel like it should come out of my mouth. It's like me trying to say the word as everyone else says it and shel v I can't say and choll anchovy.
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel like anchovy is a much prettier word than anchovy.
Speaker 3: Same, and that's that's the same. I can't say Santa. It's not a pretty where it sounds too much like Satan's claws.
Speaker 2: It is very close to Satan.
Speaker 3: I think we called him Palmis when we were little because we couldn't say the big word palm is promise Father Christmas. Pummies. That was close, wasn't it? As to you?
Speaker 2: There's another photograph of you here, just delicious in a green cape with a cake that you've made from mud, And I'm gonna. I don't know where this was taken, but I'm a very observant person.
Speaker 3: You're going to profile me the fence.
Speaker 1: Look at you.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm nervous because I've just said that.
Speaker 3: I'm You've picked it up? Yeah should switching? That?
Speaker 2: Is this in South Austraina?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Shut up? You just google that? Really?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Why so?
Speaker 2: When my parents separated when I was five, my dad moved to Adelaide. Never been to Adelaide before, and right from when I arrived, the first thing I noticed was the fences Adelaide. And look, I'll say broadly, South Australia have a problem with fences. The fences are unsightly and.
Speaker 3: Fence it's a galvanosed iron fence.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's wrong. And now that I've told you, you are going to see nothing but bad fences in Adelaide and I don't know why they do it.
Speaker 3: Now I'm going to school you about how to view the fences of Adelaide next time you're in Adelaide enjoying the beautiful food and wine that hafe love South.
Speaker 2: I moved to South Australia when I get old and overwork. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: It's great for that and you only do one month a year of intense partying in March and then you just chill and get ready for the next March. But next time you're there. Notice the brush fences of South Australia.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't like them.
Speaker 3: Oh they seem a little fiery.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting you mentioned the brush fence fences because the house that we were going to move into just before my parents split up and then the whole plan was off, was on Port Rush Road and I remember being driven past it going this was where your life was going to be and it had a brush fence.
Speaker 3: They're everywhere, the brush fences. The stoby poles.
Speaker 2: Stoby poles.
Speaker 3: That a funny thing which then they made pretty by getting people to paint them. And my mum did paint one.
Speaker 2: Do they wear jumpers like they do in winter in Melbourne? Here? That's the poles.
Speaker 3: They didn't really oh the poles. I didn't really get winter in South Australia.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 3: No, it's just warm. It's hot there all the time. I just had my mom, I'm we're in Melbourne. I'm and I just had my mom visit from South Australia. Over the weekend it was her birthday. We got tattoos together, did you? And every time she comes she's like, I didn't bring a jumper because I looked at the weather and I'm like, Mum, you didn't bring a jumper because you want to go shopping and buy a jumper here. Just admit that, you know, the weather in Melbourne is going to be very different from Adelaide. You need layers, You need layers, layers, layers in Melbourne, and which is great because every time you go you have four or five different fashions that you're going to present.
Speaker 2: Never heard that Adelaide is always warm.
Speaker 3: It's hot and it's that dry heat. When I was living there for a while, when I first started doing Breakfast on Nova in Adelaide on nine one nine with Hailey Pearson and Shane Low when that first started, it was a shock to my system because I was born there. I was born in Adelaide and then moved here to Melbourne when I was five when my parents split up. There is the first of the coincidences that we're probably going to notice today, of which there are men.
Speaker 2: Hang on, when's your birthday?
Speaker 3: Nineteenth February.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right. I thought you said you had your mom's birthday. When's your mom's birthday?
Speaker 4: It was on Friday, November fifteen. Okay, I'm third close enough of what November.
Speaker 3: I know there's another coincidence. But it's hot and the dry heat of Adelaide. When I first moved there was I couldn't move. I didn't know what to do with myself. I'm really melbournized now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had to just lie down most of the time underneath a and any conditioner, or in the entrance to David Jones.
Speaker 2: See, I just I love the weather, right, and what I've always done. It annoys me that you can only get a seven day forecast. So how I've how I've tricked that is, I've noticed that Adelaide's weather is Melbourne's weather a couple of days before, so I actually checked the Bureau of Meteorology app in Adelaide.
Speaker 3: It's like you've discovered this, and you're the first person to discover this. This is not this is a normal thing.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it comes to us eventually. So if Adelaide is having thirty eight degrees on a Friday, I know Sunday in Melbourne it's going to be thirty eight degrees.
Speaker 3: In the morning and then pissing down in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: These photographs.
Speaker 3: Can I talk about this photograph that you think you've only know the face behind me before?
Speaker 2: I need to what tattoo did you and your mum get? I've written that down.
Speaker 3: Good question. It's there, mine's it's healing at the moment.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the jester.
Speaker 3: It's the marot. That's the thing that the jester holds. It's a little stick with the face, his own face on it, which the marot can say all the bad things. The jester doesn't get in trouble.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you put your face on that?
Speaker 3: Well? It maybe it is a bit because this is a marot. My mother is obsessed with clowns jesters, as am i. We are both strangely obsessed with this as an archetype. And she makes marots, and she used to make them for dignitaries and people who had everything who needed a gift, and the office would put together and buy a marot with the face of this judge or whoever was buying it obsess and so this was a marot that she made, and then she sketched it. She's also an artist, a drawing artist. And then this tattoo is the tattoo of the sketch of the thing that she made, the mayrot on the person that she made, which is me. I wasn't going to get the same one as her. I was going to we were just going to get tattoos on the same day. It was going to be cute, and she it was her seventy fifth and you know, I've just turned fifty one now, so it felt like nice, a nice neat moment, I was going to get another thing, and then I saw hers, and I'm like, no, I want to I want to get the same as you because I love you and I want to honor that, and I want I want people to ask so I can say that's because I love my mum. That's what it's about, and all the other things that jesters and marots symbolize. It's magic. It's a magical world.
Speaker 2: Your mom sounds magical.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes she is. She is a beautiful artist lady, very stylish and makes great art, including me.
Speaker 2: How does it feel to be loved by her?
Speaker 3: I just I guess that's a lovely question. Wow, Chris, See, you're good. I haven't thought of that until just then when you said that it feels well, I guess I feel safe because it's mum and it's an unwavering love. But I guess I feel lucky that that's my mum and she loves me and she made me, and because she's an amazing human being. I've got lots of amazing parents. She is one of many now, and they're all fascinating and inspiring human beings who you know, I would like to be like one day.
Speaker 2: How can you have so many parents when biologically usually works that you can just have both.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to do some science? There?
Speaker 2: Your magic? I mean you are magic.
Speaker 3: Similar to you. When the parents split up, they both got new partners and they are I consider that my stepparents my parents as well. And then there's like parents. You know, when you have your best friend and their parents become your second mom or your third mom as well. I've got them. So I consider myself lucky enough to have quite a collection of parents. Parents. Two of them are biological and the rest are parents. Right, it takes a village.
Speaker 2: When you were a kid, did you feel different from people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean look at me, of course I felt different. But do you mean in regards to coming from a family of divorced parents or because I look odd?
Speaker 2: Actually neither, because I don't think you look.
Speaker 3: God should have seen me. Growing up. It was an ugly duckling syndrome. Was like, what the hell is that supposed to be? And then it grew into this and it was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, you look so cute to me.
Speaker 3: I just what is it? A little old? The pictures that you've got, you're gonna you're gonna put these out to the world.
Speaker 2: Are you look at that beautiful boy with a little box?
Speaker 3: I know it. Those pictures. I chose them because they actually remind me of my son who's eleven, and his squishy face and squishy lips, and that's that was me. But I think I was in my I was a bit in my own world. And you know, later in life perhaps this has been explained, But then my world was just a little world where music happened and dress ups happened and clowning happened, and I just sort of made my world how I wanted it to be, and that was fine. My parents encouraged that. And so the picture of you, where which you thought I was holding a cake. It's not a cake, Cussy. Can't you tell? That is my car? I made a car. What I'm holding is steering and it's it's got to You've got.
Speaker 2: The life in your nether regions.
Speaker 3: You are, that's my car. I'm not sure I've got a cape on. Perhaps it's a supercar. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Back to the question that you asked that we've moved on too quickly from where I said, did you feel different? And you said because I looked different? Or because my parents were separated? And I said neither. I suppose what I meant was, did you feel like your your brain was wired differently to other people's? And when you talk about dressing up and magic and music, I imagine that that started from birth and you know, in the haven of your home, and then when you went out into the real world into school and uniforms and no hair past the ears, did you start to go? Oh, okay, do.
Speaker 3: You know what, Christy? I wish that it was as simple as a little awakening like that. Is this a place where I be honest?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it high?
Speaker 2: Rack can really okay? Honesty? Will see your free honesty?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I'm still getting used to the honesty that I'm about to have a go at because it's really new to me and so recently diagnosed ADHD at the age of fifty one. This is in the last few months, Chrissy, And prior to that, I've always thought, Okay, the world seems a bit hard to fit into, and maybe that's why I created those bubbles. I had no inkling that maybe my brain was wired differently. I just thought that I didn't fit in the world, and so I made that world where I did fit, you know, And that's what you're very amazingly picked up on. So now I'm in the strange place of looking back at my entire life and going, oh, like, even just then, what you just did then was an ol moment for me. And that's happening every few minutes. It's every time I look back on anything that's happened, you know, in the career, at school, friends, weird crushes I had on girls for four years, which now in retrospect seems creepy. But I was just really focused on having a crush, you know, all those kinds of things. All that will makes sense.
Speaker 2: That was probably enough. The crush was enough.
Speaker 3: Well, it would have been nice to you know, maybe would hold hands with her one day. And that never happened, but I.
Speaker 2: Think that that would have been a disappointing outcome, and I wanted to I want to ask you. I feel like I understand you. And the minute that I, you know, saw you on Recovery, we weren't friends, you know, I was just a viewer. But the minute you came into my consciousness, I don't know, I just instantly was like, Oh, I get this guy. This guy's a bit like me. And then we met and you know, I was.
Speaker 3: Right, we are. And when we said jokingly that there are lots of similarities, that's not a joke. There are there are a lot of similarities. And I find that whenever I see the things that you're doing. I mean, what reality TV shows have you beeen on?
Speaker 2: Well, this is I want to bring this up because you were on Celebrity Big Brother in two thousand and two, correct, and you were on I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here.
Speaker 4: I can't remember what year, but twenty years later, twenty years later, I only do them. Maybe twenty years now.
Speaker 2: When you won both of those, I thought everyone's watching this thinking, oh, it's just a stupid show whatever, it doesn't matter. But what did it mean to you to get that obvious, irrefutable approval from society that you were accepted slash the best?
Speaker 3: You're asking all the hard questions, oh am, I yeah, No, they're really good ones that I need to start probably thinking about it, because I don't do anything for that recognition. I just find myself in places. Even all my jobs, I wasn't seeking them. I wasn't searching for them. They sort of just happened. Recovery of the music show I was working on. I didn't mean that. I didn't study journalism. I studied teaching. You know, I love music and another one. How many are we up to? Ten? Many? So many? So I don't go out there doing it to get approval, and it's you know, it's I guess it's a nice thing for people to go, oh, I love what you do. But in my head and you know, even doing I'm a celebrity in twenty twenty two, I didn't know what was going on with my head. I just thought, oh, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing for the last fifty years and trying to have fun and trying to fit in and trying to make people happy, and maybe there's a bit of people pleasing going on. But I hardly even see the nice comments, you know what I mean. I just they're important that the person has said the nice comment, important to the person who said it. I see the comment, and I think that's a beautiful thing, good, that's a positive thing. But I don't go cool. They think I'm cool. I don't think that what I do see is the negative comment. And it might be one in three hundred and I'll see that and I'll think about that for days, and you know, I'm trying to work on this stuff. It's only now that I'm realizing maybe why these reactions happen and have always happened, and I've just sort of dealt with them quietly, as quietly as I can in my own private life, you know.
Speaker 2: But do you think that those negative comments stick in your crawl because you know they're not true and you want to help that person understand. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hate injustice. It I don't understand how anything can be unjust. I don't understand it. And so if it happens to me, and I've spent my whole life trying to make everyone feel comfortable. That's what I try and do, and it's probably problematic sometimes because I won't do I won't let me. I'll be last on the list, you know, just trying to nail my own hand onto the cross and it's impossible.
Speaker 2: But that I don't, that doesn't I'm exactly the same. I'm not being Martyry and I'm saying I'm not suffering. This is that that comes very naturally and it feels good to me.
Speaker 3: I want people to feel comfortable. I want that. I just want people to not feel anxiety. I want and maybe that stems from I know what it feels like to feel that discomfort. So I don't want anyone to do that. And so that translates Chrissy into into all the jobs and it's like, oh, there were signs, didn't there were signs? And so you know, doing something like a music show or recovery or you know, or radio shows, you know, doing Double Jay at the moment, doing nov back in the day, all of these jobs require that I do it all properly. I make sure that everyone's happy. I make sure that if I'm interviewing someone, they're happy, their record company is happy, the fans are happy, do you know what I mean? Make sure everyone's happy, and then the beautiful magic happens when the people move the mask away, and when the people feel comfortable you they're comfortable, and then the people who are listening or watching or relating to it or whatever, they go, oh, I'm connected because it's a real moment instead of all of the blockades, you know, and so unconsciously and feverishly, feverishly, I've been doing that my whole life, but now I'm sort of starting to know why. But now it doesn't have to be. It's been a big transition year this year, trying to work it all out and trying you out, fucking meds for the first time, what the hell, you know, trying to get that right, and feeling okay, well, this is a this is a transition stage. But I feel like the future can be right. We're not there yet. I'm not there yet, yeah, you know, but my kids are going to be a step closer than what I was. They're going to at least they talk about they know about me.
Speaker 2: But they've benefited enormously from being your children because of how well you have had to learn about yourself to survive the world. I think, and the comfort thing is important and some people can do it. It's like a superpower. And to give comfort well is really like, it brings me so much happiness. People pleasing. It's a buzzword at the moment, and as soon as I saw it, I'm like, oh, that's me, And then I realized, oh, they're saying it's a negative thing.
Speaker 3: See, there's so many of these words that are too weighted. And I'm looking forward to the next bit and it should happen soon where we can change some of these words and get ownership of words that have been turned into bad words.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see how people please pleasing people.
Speaker 3: That negative How I can't see it unless it's negative because you do it at the detriment of yourself. So it's about it. There's a balance there. But I don't understand why the word woke has become horrible word that describes horrible people. No, no, no, no, we were just trying to be awake and not asleep anymore and move and evolve humanity. What what I don't like the word the letters ADHD. That doesn't describe me no disorders and deficits, nor do I have a superpower I just have a different kind of brain that makes me run hot, that gives me this super powerful, amazing energy, but it's also got a lot of hard bits that you know, these are the bits that I've had shame about and I'm embarrassed about, and I still won't talk about, not now, you know, maybe not ever. But the process of moving forward, I think it's leading to a place where I can be a better version of me and I can talk to my children about them having the best shot in life with the world around them now, you know, trying to improve some parts of the world. There are other parts that are very odd right now. But at least I will control the bits that I can, and that's you know, my family and me.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about your family and your kids and your wife, Holly. It's very clear and unequivocal that you love her.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: And I've been thinking a lot about love recently, and like whether or not at exists as a standalone universal feeling or yeah, come on, or more whether it is you know, like a fingerprint. It's really bespoken individual to every human being. It's a unique thing. And if you could, let's say that we strike love out of the dictionary, what synonym? What are other adjective would you put in its place.
Speaker 3: With horny? I think horny? What the well?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Sometimes no, please don't take that as my one answer.
Speaker 2: You know, I love that because I love that because I don't like to be told by somebody. It's not that I don't like. It makes me feel misunderstood and like, oh I can't. I shouldn't feel that that there's you know, a thing where people go, oh, you know, it's not about the sex. To me, it has to be about the sex a little bit, yeah, because that's the one thing that you do with that one person. So it has to mean something.
Speaker 3: I think so, And you know, I may have sounded a little frivolous, but that's it is important that I find my wife incredibly sexy and beautiful and have always felt that way and feel like she's getting hotter, and and that sounds trivial and shallow, but like you say, it's it's part of the equation. There are some languages that have many words for love, yes, to describe maybe various kinds of love. I love ice cream, but I love my wife. I love yeah, you know, driving, but I love my children. How can they They can't all be the same amount. They come into saying quantifiable love. No, do you know? Because this is a thing I've been thinking about since I was very small. What's Love?
Speaker 2: I talk into the show had Away.
Speaker 3: Come on? I decided long ago never to work in that love needs to be on the periodic table. I decided this as a scientist. I'm not a scientist, as a as a observer of life. I decided that if we could just prove its existence by calling it an element, putting it on the periodic table, then we can start to take it seriously. Because forever it's been their word that poets use and musicians use, an artist's paint, and it's the thing you say when you're getting married, and you say it to your children, and it's a feeling. But I think I think it's measurable. I think it's quantifiable. I think it's it's a thing. And religions are into the idea. I'm not necessarily a particular religious person, not particularly religious, but I'm quite spiritual, so I think that they're they're all onto it. They all know that God is love. Love is an energy. God is an energy. God is a thing that binds the universe together. God is the reason that things want to live and things want to grow. That's why plants grow. Love it's an energy that is the reason that life continues. And and and I just I'm looking forward to the day when some scientists can photograph it and go up there, you go, it's real. We can all get on with it now. Now we know it's real, we don't have to pretend that it might not be real. We can get it's real. Let's go. It's on there. It's next ostgen. It's like grillium.
Speaker 2: It's like ghosts.
Speaker 3: Though well, yeah you can't see it, but some of us have felt it. Yes, but I want proof. Yeah, well, can't they photograph ghosts. The problem with ghosts is and Ghostbusters they have. That's that documentary. Have you seen Ghostbusters the documentary? There's ghosts in that. There's a big puff Stay Puff does a marshmallow ghost.
Speaker 2: He's my favorite.
Speaker 3: You love a bit of stay puffed.
Speaker 2: I love it when he gets angry too.
Speaker 3: I used to play Ghostbusters on the Commodore sixty four and it would it would take forty five minutes to load.
Speaker 2: And do you know what do you remember the cassette.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's why it took forty five minutes, because you'd have to stop at rewinded a bit and keep loose.
Speaker 2: You must have been a very lucky kid because I only got the standard issue games with my Comodore sixty four. Do you remember Toothpaste Invaders? No, that was the standard game. No, then you just had to clean teeth.
Speaker 3: Oh that sounds funn so exciting. It's educational the kids. I didn't have a Commodore sixty four. My friends had one, Andrew and Craig and I would go over to their house and play on their Comodol sixty four and then and they got a rude game, A rude game on the what Yes, space tits.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I did involve boobies, Yes.
Speaker 3: And it was. You're in space and these tits come toward you, just with very bad animation, and they get bigger and you have to go on to them and go and get them.
Speaker 2: That's it, you suck them in.
Speaker 3: Yep? How good is that? A bit eatable?
Speaker 2: Also, I reckon busy are one of the top ten things in the world in life.
Speaker 3: My lad to agree with you. I love busies.
Speaker 2: I love busies. I'm so Sometimes I just look at them in the mirror and I go, they're just there, and I too, I get to enjoy them every single day.
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 2: But it's and they're so they're so versatile. I don't say, I look at they're a pantry. They're sexy, do you know what I mean? They're just they're fabulous.
Speaker 3: What a mine for them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never known. I've never known what some.
Speaker 3: Men like when required, what we're like a spare part. I think I think I've heard of somewhere. Maybe it's an island where there was a lack of lactating women and so the men started to get some man milk. Wow, am I I'm not sure if I'm making that. I feel like I've Luckily there's people who would fact check.
Speaker 2: These isn't that is added to the list. I feel like I say to my kids, because you know, there's this big kind of I think it's a you know, it's a lie that we've been told that the good old day is better than the now. And I say to them, this is a great time to be alive. With a brain like yours and a brain like mine. Google has changed my life. I'll google man milk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got to be careful that when I grew When I.
Speaker 2: Grew up, what the fuck was there? There was a set of world books that my dad paid off for five years. By the time he paid it off, all the information was outdated.
Speaker 3: Funny. How funny were encyclopedias? Yes, Encyclopedia Britannica mean that someone would come to your door and gold you like to buy and you go, we just bought one last year's like yeah, but there's some new additions, that's right. We've got new words in there, like skibbity.
Speaker 2: Oh do your kids love skibbity?
Speaker 3: I don't know if love is the right word, but I'm trying to learn the language so I can embarrass some more. Skibbty ohioz is something I d the rizzler the man You're so you're like level three. I'm still on level one.
Speaker 2: I had the best laugh of the month with my middle son Kit.
Speaker 3: Chris is love of the month, ha ha, And isn't it great.
Speaker 2: Being a parent?
Speaker 3: I want to move on.
Speaker 2: I want to move on to that in a second, but I'll tell you about my laugh of the month. We were in the car I was driving my daughter, who's eleven, was in the passenger seat, and Kit, my thirteen year old, was in the back, and they're all magic in their own way, right, And I was talking to Peg brought up a story about I can't even remember what it was, but it was clearly an urban myth. And I said, oh, I've heard that before. It's an urban myth. And then, of course, what is an urban myth? And I explained the concept of the urban myth and that was it. And then just from the back I hear Kit go skibbitty myth.
Speaker 3: Beautiful And then we locked.
Speaker 2: Eyes in the revision mirror and wait, I was barely laughing. And I can't explain why, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was the funny, funniest moment of the month.
Speaker 3: That's the best of it. I learnt one last night, Chrissy, you could try out with the kids and see for how it goes. It's when you've got like a message that can appeal to anyone listening, you go chat.
Speaker 2: Okay, put it in context. I knew you would say that, no, because I feel like I've heard that that's chat chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you say chat okay. I can't remember how to put it in what about this saying I'm going to sound like an old person.
Speaker 2: What water is? Water is essential? Is that chat?
Speaker 3: I think you do it like this, you go chat water is essential, so that it's like a group chat like a water.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Please don't quote me on that until you do further research. But I believe that that could be probably the context you do it.
Speaker 2: In chat because I've started family meeting and I prepare an agenda for dinner, and if there's just something that comes up, like I thought, oh, you know, I know everything there is to know about protein. I don't reckon my kids, do. I think that's important protein. So then I'll prepare like a little one, you know, and then we talk about it as yeah, presentation, Ted talks sort of deal. But I'm going to say chat. I'm gonna go chat protein, have a go.
Speaker 3: Yes, and please don't blame me. Uncle Dylan's felt.
Speaker 2: You became a parent for the first time, all right, I think the same time as I did.
Speaker 3: Yes, turned sixteen, Roses.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, Leo's about to turn sixteen.
Speaker 3: So yes, I thought we were aligned to another coincidence.
Speaker 2: What what is? And we'll have to finish on this even though we could talk forever.
Speaker 3: Damn what I know? Okay, yes, talk fast.
Speaker 2: When you were becoming a parent or thinking about parenting before you'd had the baby, what is the biggest surprise that you have come to know since actually becoming someone's dad?
Speaker 3: Oh? The biggest surprise? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What what is the element that is not what you expected?
Speaker 3: I feel like becoming a dad was the reason that I was put on this earth, you know. I feel like when I realized, ah, are we doing this? It was like all the training I've been doing my whole life, all of the stupid tricks that I've learned, the comfort, the juggling, Hi, I've got I do all these things, all the clowning things that I do, and all of the strange talents that I've half learned. So I can do millions of things, but none of them will. All the instruments I can play, all of the entertaining that I do for fun, all of that came into play. Being able to read stories beautifully.
Speaker 2: This was my time, My time, time to shine.
Speaker 3: Influencing small people to have good music taste. This is my time, And so I kind of I went into it a little maybe even cocky, just like mm hmm, I got this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And maybe the surprise, Chrissy has been the depth of my love. It's not just this is not a thing about me. It's not about the things that I can show my kids or teach my kids, or entertain my kids about, or even in part well a wealth of knowledge about because I'm learning probably more from them than they're learning from me. I think it's the surprise is how deep my love is. And I get emotional just thinking about their faces. I get emotional looking at them as I'm creeping out in the morning, trying not to wake them up, you know, and and hearing them speak and watching them grow. It's been the greatest gift that I've ever been blessed with, thanks to my wife for birthing them. And I love it. I don't want it. I don't want them to be anyone else's kid, and I don't want any other kids. Don't want them.
Speaker 2: That's what I say to them. I say to them sometimes. Even yesterday I sent a text message to Kit again I seem to be talking about Kit. I love them all the same and differently, and that's that's been a great joy for me. I just said to him I just can't believe how lucky I am that I get to see you every day. And I'm sure that everybody that meets you would love that, would just look at you and hear you say something and go, I wonder what he's doing tomorrow and the next day. And I don't have to wonder that because I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Know that's me exactly. You've nowed it. I feel lucky and I'm like, and sometimes I try to explain to them, like if I was at school now, I reckon, you would be my friend, Yes, why you know? And I think I would love my daughter to be my friend at school. She would. She's the kindest, best person we know, and you know, just seeing her grow and thrive, and you know, she's sixteen now, she's got a boyfriend and she's singing and she's just stunning and funny and just every day I feel a blessed to be near her, little leon, to be you know, the person who made half of her. And the same with my beautiful boy jets, my children. Yeah, everything pretty. And you know, I know I can see in your eyes right now that this is real talk. You know, this is this is facts. I love it.
Speaker 2: I think the greatest thing that I learned and wasn't expecting was and I will get emotional about it, because you know, I've been an odd person my whole life, and I found it so comforting to, you know, live with people that I can really show myself too, and they.
Speaker 1: Really like me. It's really nice.
Speaker 3: They do sweet they do. It's really they are lucky children. You know, you're an amazing woman. They know that, and they get to be with you every day as well. That's the rad part of this deal, Isn't.
Speaker 2: It so lucky? It is a totally rad part of the deal.
Speaker 3: Word, what do I do? Now? You're across the desk. The alarm's gone off. That's the hug alarm.
Speaker 2: It's the hug alarm.
Speaker 1: Let's hug. Thank you for coming in. Dylan Lewis.
Speaker 2: All right, So if that didn't warm your soul, you probably don't have one. I would check Dylan Lewis. Go check him out, listen to his beautiful brain on double JS man check.
Speaker 1: And that's it for another week at the Christy Cast.
Speaker 2: It's time to go and gather my feelings and kiss my kids all over their delicious little faces. Hey also, don't forget go check out the garage out at the christycast dot com.