Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Maths Funny Podcast with Me Joshua Fox. Last night, we watched Jamie get stood up by her Plan B groom as she agreed to go on a date with him and he never shown up. And if you thought that was sad, wait until you find out what is currently happening between her and Dave present day. Warning though, before you continue listening, there will be big spoilers in this so it is very much up to you if you wish to continue listening. And if you do wish to continue listening and don't like the spoiler, please don't then moan up me that I've ruined it for you. Because we're all adults, we can make this choice ourselves quickly. Though, before I get into all that, I just want to say thank you for the feedback on my chat with Elliott yesterday.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. I will still be doing the serious stuff and the investigation.
Speaker 1: On this podcast as well as like the usual dumb stuff, and the next episode of that will be later this week. And I did think while chatting with Elliott that I could really try and explain here why I'm doing that, why I'm pushing for changes, why I'm asking these uncomfortable questions, but it just didn't really feel like the time of the place, to be honest, Like, he's been through this whole machine now and he's feeling good and positive and he's kind of come out on the other side, which is great. And who am I to then try and make him see that things need to change and say all these bad things when that wasn't his personal experience, And you know, he was in a good mood, good energy, And I thought, why bring that down by, you know, taking it too serious. Not everything has to be that serious. That's kind of why I just laughed along at him, saying, make math funny funny again. And I do agree to an extent, maybe I should try to find a better balance of content. That being said, though, people do not have to take the title of this podcast so literally, maths Funny is just the name of a meme page I started six years ago.
Speaker 2: Obviously, that like page.
Speaker 1: Has grown into like a brand, you could say, like with a podcast now, which is why I've kept the name.
Speaker 2: But oh my god, every.
Speaker 1: Time I do something serious, people do not have to comment going, this wasn't funny, Yeah, no, shit, it wasn't funny, mate, we're talking about mental health and cast members being pushed to the point of yeah, let's not go into that now, but not everything will be funny. Okay, right over, Sorry, glad I got that out of the way early. Back on track now, Dave and Jamie. So, as we all know by now because I've covered it in previous episodes, Dave and Jamie are no longer together in real life. And although I'm unsure what happens at final vows between them, which is the end of next week, I believe I know for sure that they arrived separately at the reunion, which has filmed three weeks after Final Vows, And as I now try and figure out, well, why did this split and whose choice it was when all of this went down back in November, I want to fast forward to present day and this week. According to Yahoo Lifestyle yesterday and their sneaky sauces, Dave and Jamie are now at war behind the scenes, with zero chance of a reconciliation between them ever being on the cards. One source connected to the show told Yahu Dave has felt disappointed at how Jamie has failed to defend him in all her press interviews.
Speaker 2: She's been getting lately.
Speaker 1: He thinks she has been making the backlash he's had even worse and just steering fans against him. Meanwhile, as second source told Jahu, Jamie has been embarrassed by how Dave has been hanging out with all of the has been reality stars in Melbourne lately, posing for the paparazzi and selling video messages and cameo. It just makes her think more than ever that he wasn't a mass for the right reasons, and she wants to distance herself completely from him now. And if you're now wondering, well, is that true? Can we ever believe these unnamed sources. I believe it is true. Yeah, because I've been told very similar things. According to my little book of contacts, this is what I'm told. The go currently is between Dave and Jamie at the start of the season, as the show went to air, and despite them no longer being together at this point, they basically made an agreement that they will have each other's backs throughout this whole thing and they'll kind of keep up the facade for fans that maybe they're still together, as are meant to do what they rarely do. You know, they basically didn't want to spoil the show's ending for anybody, And that makes sense because if you recall at the start this season, they did like joint interviews together on the Today Show, Today Extra, on like the Channel nine website, and they kind of kept up this thing that, oh, maybe Dave and Jamie is still together in real life, and for the first month or so of this show, erin that little promise they're made to keep the piece and support each other is very much what they did until the narrative switched up on screen and Jamie then reliving Dave pulling away and all that drama and her being quizzed on all of that in interview after interview after interview is where I'm told things got a little bit messy between them, and also a little bit awkward for Jamie because it's hard for her to answer these questions honestly without sounding even a little bit negative towards Dave. For example, I'm going to read a quote here when she was recently asked about you know that whole time during the experiment and Dave getting cozy with Veronica during that challenge, and Jamie this, at that moment in time, I didn't believe Dave was there for the right reasons because of.
Speaker 2: What was shown to me.
Speaker 1: That's how I felt in that moment, because I didn't understand how you could flip the script, and it just felt like to me in that moment, Dave's mask had fallen off and I was essentially just his meal ticket for something. Obviously, Jamie is saying there at that moment in time in the quote, implying she no longer believes that, but that's almost irrelevant because the headline on every website was then Jamie doesn't think Dave was on Mass for the right reasons. And it's only then as you read the whole thing, and you'll find that bit in there where she says, no, she fought that at that moment in time. And as far as I'm told, it's things like this which have kind of got today because of just how it's sensationalized and how it looks upon a quick glance to him, it just seems that Jamie is just throwing him under the bus time and time again, which I get, but sadly that's just how.
Speaker 2: The media world works.
Speaker 1: And then, like the Yahoo article said, on the flip side of that, Jamie has then apparently been a bit subs on how Davies already going to like these influencer parties and being popped out there and you know, doing the cameo things, which most fans believe confirms they're not together anymore, as he wouldn't be out there doing that if they were still in a relationship, and you know, he was.
Speaker 2: Part of this year's big hero couple.
Speaker 1: So yeah, on Jamie's side, as far as I'm told, she's like, well, why am I skirting around all these difficult questions and trying to stick to the script that we may still be together when he's out there doing things like that, which he's basically saying we're not still together. And now, yeah, I suppose there's just no love lost between them, as these little feelings of disdain or disappointment or whatever have intensified over the last couple of weeks, which I suppose brings us to where we're at now, where I don't believe they're talking very much anymore on the subject of Jamie though, I'm also told, and I think I've touched on this before, but a lot of the cast kind of resent her because she's this year's chosen one. And if you're in shore, what that means Basically, every season Channel nine pick someone they believe is going to be like the fan favorite, and he'll be.
Speaker 2: The most popular post show.
Speaker 1: You know, he'll get the most followers, and they then use them as the face of the season to an extent, and they build them up to then make them Channel nine talent like once the show ends, and they do this by giving them like the most press opportunities, they send them to the most events, and that chosen one every year is basically promised the world, which is why they're often the only one you won't see going rogue because they know if they do go rogue, they won't get the TV work or the podcast deal or the spin off digital show that they've been promised by Channel nine. And this resentment and rumors that Jamie was the chosen one was all kind of confirmed last week when she became the only cast member chosen by nine to be sent over to New Zealand on a VIP trip to promote the show over there. And according to Dally mel last week, Jamie getting this trip left other cast members jealous and livid as it confirmed what they'd all suspected all along that she was indeed the chosen one and getting what they believe is preferential treatment. In Daily Mail's article last week, they quote one source of saying Jackie was convinced that she was going to be the one cent to New Zealand because she's a Kiwi. Another source then revealed that Athena felt she might get the opportunity, and some people felt she deserved the opportunity given her New Zealand heritage, but Athena was always convinced that it was going to be Jamie because she knows Jamie is the star of the show. Also, remember that Athena and Jamie are very tight. I'm very good friends, so I don't think Afena probably cares that much. But some of this wider resentment towards Jamie even stems back to filming, when several cast members nicknamed her the producer's pet, as it was apparently clear back then that she was going to be the main character and someone Channel nine had interesting. And I'm not sure if Dave feels resentment towards Jamie like the others, but that's basically what is currently happening out there between the wider cast. Some of them are happy for Jamie, but most are a little jealous and some are low ki just bitter, I'm told. But you know what, good on Jamie, because take what you can and if anyone else was the chosen one and being offered more, they would take it too. Anyway, That's all I've got for you today. Have a lovely day, everybody. And sorry, yeah that Lovely's dead. Dave and Jamie over not getting back together, not really speaking anymore,