Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne, Jason Law start your morning the right way, be great.
Speaker 2: Good day.
Speaker 1: This is Jason Lauren.
Speaker 3: You're one hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning, everybody, welcome you Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: How are we all same?
Speaker 2: Having a little baby, a little baby daughter, mother daughters.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a good point. Mother daughters, daughter.
Speaker 2: Who's finding their parents footsteps? The foxes?
Speaker 3: Yes, no, yes, good by the way. Rowers there, paddlers, paddlers, paddlers.
Speaker 1: Hope you're child follows in broadcast one.
Speaker 2: Days and I'm doing such a good job this morning.
Speaker 3: They had a big night last night. The fox is that the Sport Australia Hall Fame Awards Awards not on every night for something pretty much. Yeah, yeah, I was invited, but I turned it down because I knew I had to be up early to be with you too.
Speaker 2: That stop you had have gone, I would have just shook my head at you and gone, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: The most random awards? Not you guys have gone. I've done that.
Speaker 2: I had to host the Paper Awards. When I say paper, it was like the Printing Awards, so it was for the best brochures and it was like this one is on GSM three hundred point five paper high gloss.
Speaker 1: Wheneveryone sat down and looked at the menu where they like, yeah.
Speaker 2: The Printing Awards.
Speaker 3: I hosted the Pool Awards, which is basically answer, which is like and Lifeguard of the Year in the Eastern region.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, you know. One of the biggest award nights when I was living in New Zealand. The Pie Awards.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's like it's glorified piney.
Speaker 3: It was like what I have for dinner.
Speaker 2: You know how I feel about a pie.
Speaker 1: It was an when I saw the press release come through and then I got like an official in who's going on the Pie Awards and they were all like, this is like the night of night.
Speaker 2: What was that? What won the best pie?
Speaker 1: I think it was a curry one curry pies and not the I've never had one.
Speaker 2: I'm a big I mean, we know, I'm a big fan of it, sugar pie. But I'm also a big fan of a shepherd's pipe. Puts a potato on top of a get in my belly.
Speaker 1: Proper potato, don't dead, but don't know no microwave, no, no, it's going to.
Speaker 2: Be like piped on and it's going to be a little crispy just on the tips.
Speaker 3: It can't be raw dogging a shepherd's pie either. No, gotta have lots.
Speaker 2: Of no, not too much, no, but curry pies. I'm sorry, Curry. You know what, Clint, you can go in the bin with the curry pie question.
Speaker 1: What was that bakery we went to on the way to the snow.
Speaker 2: We stopped at about six.
Speaker 1: But that was it was a big one, remember the big one. We got desserts on the way there. We got a lot. We got a lot.
Speaker 2: That was that was got a few people gave us the tip and said, you've got to go to that place on the way that we must go. Yeah, I love a pie.
Speaker 1: Guys. We've got the paper company later on.
Speaker 2: Today we do behavior said.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is an interesting one. It's a husband and wife team.
Speaker 2: Not for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, it's working for them.
Speaker 2: Good for them.
Speaker 1: They are part of the car crash reconstruction crew. That's responsibility absolutely.
Speaker 2: So what they investigate when there's been a big accidents folds.
Speaker 1: They recreate the scene. You might have seen them on the news. They'd be out there with a little measuring stick.
Speaker 3: But obviously their reconstructions can lead to prosecution in me absolute So it's it's a really really important job.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? It gets personal where they're like, so I reckon, he swerved here, Steve Like, how you drive? What do you mean Mary?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Maybe everyone loves criticizing their partners driving.
Speaker 1: My wife does not.
Speaker 2: She is actually an excellent driver.
Speaker 1: My wife is shit really Yeah, and then she parks. When she parks on the curb, I reckon. I could park in between her and the footpath.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she doesn't want to scratch the room stuff.
Speaker 3: Imagine if she worked here and you've got the chance to take like your lunch breaks together and all that. That'd be fun.
Speaker 2: I used to work together. That's how they met. Yeah, look what happened, got them married and pregnant three times.
Speaker 1: What beautiful those little production meetings when we turn on each other. Everyone else had just sit back at the boardroom and watch.
Speaker 2: I wish I was in them. I would have poked the bear. I would have taken aside every single time. Just off.
Speaker 1: Robert Irwin and Julian Morris is in after eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: That shows starting already. I'm a slipperty to get me out of here.
Speaker 1: Well, no, Clinton and I caught up with them the other day already recorded that chat, and that's how we came out the blocks. We're like, so you're on this ear, No, what are they doing? They're doing the rounds very early to let us know that they're going to be on in January.
Speaker 3: Robert has been very busy.
Speaker 2: Have they said what celebos are going in YT?
Speaker 1: No? No, they won't. They never do they were, they did that. We don't know who's going in.
Speaker 3: Robert again, he's modeling. He's very he's he's very stylish.
Speaker 1: Should have say, Clent, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Like clan he did did any robertel Any?
Speaker 1: Ask a question and he goes, you're You're you're a very hints and model, great style.
Speaker 3: He's very sweet, very handsome.
Speaker 1: You did it exactly like that.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 1: Also, the big news, we're are sending you to the closing night of Taylor Swift's The Eras Tour. In fact, we are going to give you a chance to get on the standby list.
Speaker 2: Now. I want to say something not people message.
Speaker 1: Coming up the next twenty Yeah, I just want to.
Speaker 2: Say Okay, I don't have time to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got six seconds. What we're going to say.
Speaker 2: Longer than that.
Speaker 1: What we're going to say, I'll tell you shortly, Like I was saying, before your chance to see Taylor Swift in Canada for the final and closing night of the Eras tour.
Speaker 2: That's all right, we'll send you, give.
Speaker 1: You a chance. You get on the stand by lest coming up the next few minutes. What were we going to stay.
Speaker 2: Before I was going to say? A few people messaged me saying is this the national competition or is it just Melbourne?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, No, these tickets someone who lives in Melburne, Melbourne.
Speaker 1: In fact, we'll take the show on the road next Friday. We'll leave the studio, we will drive see to Melbourne listener's house, pick them up, pack their bags, taken to the airports.
Speaker 2: And you actually have a good chance of winning them. Yeah, these aren't for someone anywhere in the country. We are giving them away on our show. We will be sending you to Canada to see that show. That's right, it's gonna be amazing. Where are we heading If you've got no friends, I'll come with you.
Speaker 3: Shocking shocking story emerging of Laos just yesterday, involving two Melbourne girls who whose parents have now rushed to their hospital bedside. They are in a really, really bad way in hospital. What we believe is potential methanol poisoning from a cocktail they consumed the.
Speaker 2: Change, and they're on like their gap here traveling around with their friends. I think there's a group of ten of them supposed to be having the time of their lives. I saw this on the news last night, and oh my god, it just it made me feel sick. I remember being that girl, being nineteen, traveling with my friends, thinking that life doesn't get any better than that.
Speaker 1: And now they're both on life support.
Speaker 3: Especially in your first trip overseas, independent trip overseas, you do feel an air of invincibility at times, don't you, But you are still so so vulnerable. And these girls from bo Morris Tone Way, as Sluren said, embarked on the trip of a lifetime and right now they are in a really bad way.
Speaker 2: Both on life support.
Speaker 1: I believe show to their parents, like you know, you kids go overseas, you want to let them go.
Speaker 2: But you sort of don't want to let them go because you're like you have to. It's a leap of faith.
Speaker 1: We can say to our boys. Now you can move one suburb from us when you're older, that's you know.
Speaker 3: So am I right in saying they've been traveling with a larger.
Speaker 2: Groups that we've been traveling with a group of ten, and I believe that there's there is a number of people that have become sick, and two Swedish girls that have already passed away. Well, they're trying to piece together whether their drinks have potentially been spiked or whether it was an alcohol that was served that was laced with.
Speaker 1: Right, I've never really got the look. I get the drink spiking thing when people are trying to take advantage of that person. But like when I was younger, I was like twenty two, I was leaving Sydney. I've got a job in Perth and am I going away? Someone spiked my drink with GHB because I only got the hospital and get blood tests and I.
Speaker 2: Was someone Do you know who did it? Did you find out?
Speaker 1: We believe it was a mate of our friends who was.
Speaker 2: There well, and he thought it would be fun.
Speaker 1: But that's what I don't That's what I don't get. Like, so we've got photos of me at my going away drinks and I remember up until about ten o'clock, and I have a distant memory of being fully clothed in the bottom of a shower and my flatmate hosing me down to get.
Speaker 2: My temperature now, and then they took you straight to the.
Speaker 1: Hospital, and they took me to the hospital. After that they did blood test they did yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So what happens your temperature rises?
Speaker 4: Does it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Apparently, but I had no consciousness, Like apparently they folded me into a taxi to take me home. But I just never understood, like, obviously, yes, people do it to try and take advantage of people, but idiots out there to drinks biking for a laugh. I'm like, I just don't get it. You're paying for these drugs you're putting in their drinks, and then it's sick. You could kill them.
Speaker 2: It's sick. It was most lately.
Speaker 1: Sick, terrifying experience in my life.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. And at the time have been so frightening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at the time you're twenty two eyes pissed. He's had too much. Yeah, do you know what I mean? Guys, I don't feel right. Get him a shot.
Speaker 2: Gosh, it's so scary.
Speaker 1: Isn't it.
Speaker 2: This is just the Oh my god. I saw it last night and I just, honestly, I just felt sick.
Speaker 3: Think of the parents, don't youse.
Speaker 2: Kids just living their lives like trying to have trying to do what it's almost a right of passage. You finish school and you go and try and see the world.
Speaker 1: Also, any other parent out there who have kids away now for schoolies and stuff like that, you just be like Jesus, you.
Speaker 2: Know, so careful kids. If you're listening to me, yeah, we'll keep.
Speaker 1: You updated on the story throughout the morning. We're getting more.
Speaker 2: Details and our thoughts very much with those communities because these are two young girls from Melbourne and there's a lot of family and friends here who would just be waiting with baited breath. Hopefully some good news said lost.
Speaker 1: This went off at the mcg. This is one of the biggest ones. When she performed in Melbourne, it was massive. Hey, we want to put you on a prime and sending to Vancouver for you to be there on the closing night of the eras.
Speaker 2: To oh my gosh, flights accommodation. The concert it is going to be the best concert of all time.
Speaker 1: You could even be the twenty two persons.
Speaker 3: The hat person.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine being the last twenty two persons? All right, the phones have gone tropo. He doesn't want to go to Canada to see Taylor Swift. David from chum Creek, Good morning, morning, here you guys, go, say David, I went to chum Creek for my school camp.
Speaker 1: Did you god? We just moved to the area. It's just Wronery is beautiful.
Speaker 2: I wasn't visiting the winery camp. Can I tell you? I went on a bus.
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 1: David? Were with the RACV club.
Speaker 3: He'll see.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah you happy Winery. One of your favorites is blank space. Well you're on the standby list to see in Canada.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. No worries, gosh. Also Natalie from Wonga Path, good morning, morning, go you are on the list, made the short list.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: No worries, Natalie. Let's go to Norry Warren Leanne, you are on the list.
Speaker 2: Do you have someone you would take if you win?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yes, one of my girlfriends. I think my husband.
Speaker 2: Forget the husband, ditch the husband, take a girlfriend. See today.
Speaker 6: So shout out to Brendon nineteen years married, do this for us fantastically, Oh my.
Speaker 1: Brendon and the airport. Then you grab your friend and jump on the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the coolest competition we've ever had. Stay tuned, becase we're going to give you another opportunity to win a little later in the show.
Speaker 1: That's right, You've got to get on the stand by list or you can register by the Nova Player app. And next Friday we will take the show on the road. We will drive to someone's house, pack their bags, take to the airport and send them to Seat Tete. Closing night of the eras to us here on the nov Well, good morning everyone, and it's just twenty three to seven. Oh mate, well you were doing your news.
Speaker 2: Lauren toys out of the.
Speaker 1: Mum is stomping around the Nova studios this morning, and Mum is not happy.
Speaker 2: Mum's writing a to do list for the office of things that need to be fixed, change repaired.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's on it?
Speaker 1: First things first, she wants to bring in tinta car to remove the tint from the studio studio.
Speaker 2: Their windows are very heavily tinted, so it feels like it's still midnight out there. I just had a little wander.
Speaker 1: Guys. The studios are beautiful. It's starting remember the method then we came from.
Speaker 2: Beautifully designed. Everything is perfect like the tin whoever did the tint job that did a magnificent.
Speaker 1: It's definitely darker than legal, darker than legal.
Speaker 2: And I just wandered down to studio too. Is that what it's called? Studio one or Studio ten? I went down to the other studio and there's no tint and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, what's life like down there?
Speaker 2: There's a whole world out there. You can see out the windows. You can see people starting their day running down.
Speaker 1: The I don't want to see people running walking.
Speaker 2: Some people are popping into the old paper shop delly to get a half in it as a clim because the sun's come up over here. I feel like I live in Norway or wherever the sun doesn't come up? Is Norway?
Speaker 7: Not Norway?
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where there's no sun light. That's how I feel, And I feel glom Have you been? I went in there and the sun was out on the light was up, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, cans, yes.
Speaker 2: Have you sen list, I've been in your car, and I feel glum because you've got darker than legal t Anyway, I just feel like seeing the sun comes up makes the morning happier.
Speaker 1: Place I go to put my windows down when I'm in a nundercover carm parks, I can't see.
Speaker 2: Are there are few things that I shouldn't say on the radio?
Speaker 1: It's not Quint and I is it?
Speaker 2: No? You two can stay?
Speaker 1: She paused, didn't you No one's going I'm not.
Speaker 2: There's no personal issues with anyone. Oh my god, Chase, Clint and I had a situation the other day that I'm so grateful that you were there for because you wouldn't you know how You're not good with awkward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm not great with awkwards better than you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be honest, neither am I. So Clint and I were traveling together, and because Clint flies so regularly.
Speaker 3: You're at the airport, but we're in the Quantus Lounge business lounge.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 3: Yes, question.
Speaker 1: I flew Quantus for the first time in a long time the other week.
Speaker 3: I was Experience Old.
Speaker 1: I went past the entrance to the Quantas Club and there was all these different labels Quantus Club, Chairmans Lounge, free breakfast, Quantus lounge.
Speaker 2: It is the business Lounge, the Quantous Lounge, the straight right three three Quantus club, Business and the Chairman's.
Speaker 1: Is it a flex going past the other entrances and going to there.
Speaker 3: I don't go into the business because I'm in business class.
Speaker 2: I go because I'm a platinum top tier flyer.
Speaker 1: So you're right down the back of the plane.
Speaker 3: But I'm eating the nice cheese?
Speaker 2: Gotcha eating the nice cheese?
Speaker 1: Ever been to the chairmans?
Speaker 3: Yes, Dicky Wilkins got me into the Chairman's the other day.
Speaker 1: Really is that where like elbow and that would be.
Speaker 2: Has been some controversy about.
Speaker 1: That good call. That was an upgrade.
Speaker 2: I love an upgrade. I'd take a free upgrade, no proper.
Speaker 1: The amount of times I've dressed in nice clothes and the hope of getting an upgrade, then I'm stuck in forty three jeans.
Speaker 2: And boot My mum used to work in the travel industry, and so we'd go to the airport on standby and she'd have us stressed up like the von Trapps or standing they're hoping we'd get a seat on the plane because she thought if we looked nice, we'd get.
Speaker 1: Onot made of ours. Alex Read used to drop because apparently the head quantus frequent the head Quantus tenant's name, oh, last name was Read. So when he used to get on the plane, he'd be like, oh, you might know my auntie.
Speaker 2: Oh, and he just make it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they would would always come and get him during the flight if there was a spear seat in business and be like, hey, why.
Speaker 2: Don't you come and see see I've never seen that happen on a plane where there's a spare seat and they go and get you. I think now it's a weight distribution thing. They say you have to be on it before takeoff.
Speaker 1: There's nothing worse than walking through business and seeing a little kid sitting in the giant chair.
Speaker 3: Get out of the chair.
Speaker 1: Your leags aren't going to get DVT.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also stay there, don't sit next to me and scream the whole way. Good cool scream up front anyway. Clinty is a regular fly. So we were allowing to the Bougie Lounge together and wow, it is a minefield of celebrity business.
Speaker 3: Oh, we saw a myriad of different was around. It was around spring racing, so there was comings and goings. You know, Sydney Times, flying back.
Speaker 2: Jockey, jockey, a little kid sitting in business. Yeah right, jockeys little man big check, little man, big check. So we were sitting there and over wandered a lovely, very well known.
Speaker 3: Jockey, Craig Williams.
Speaker 2: William lovely bloke, one of the most liked men in racing.
Speaker 3: Right in red hot form at the moment, jockey aboard mister Brightside, Oh hello, Was he in his colors?
Speaker 2: He wasn't, but he was recognized. He was definitely he was crack of a whip, right, Okay, But if you didn't recognize him from walking through the Quantus Club, you would have when you had have seen the conversation we had. So lovely guy, and we started talking about racing and the things that that jockey's bodies go through.
Speaker 1: Do they talk in that voice?
Speaker 2: Alte, it's not. It's just their voice. It's not a voice, right, It's not like a quick snapping character.
Speaker 3: Sorry, the Lawren's right. He was telling us about all the strategy, all the trials, the tribulations. He has got to be miauners.
Speaker 2: So he pulls out his phone and shows me this video of his physio stretching his legs.
Speaker 1: Got this relationship escalator, didn't it?
Speaker 2: I just met him anyway, He's like, oh, yeah, look how flexible. Look at no I can't do look at my hips. And he showed me this video of the guy like doing the splits in the air.
Speaker 1: My head when that way?
Speaker 2: When that way anyway? And then he said, well, you know, you physically got to be really able to move right. And then Clint physical. So we're sitting in the middle of the quantuslat and what did he start doing? He goes like, look at what my body has to go through in the lounge and he starts on a little poof is that we call it.
Speaker 3: The little poofs.
Speaker 2: He mount and starts pretending to ride it, like Clint, you do it?
Speaker 1: You do This is what I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know where to look. This chair, Yeah, use the chair.
Speaker 3: So he sits on it.
Speaker 2: No, you sort of need to do it the other way, because he had his head his legs.
Speaker 1: And and it was.
Speaker 2: More like head down. He was like like Clint, head.
Speaker 1: Down, he looks like he's having sex.
Speaker 2: With the ottoman in between his legs, like this, did you?
Speaker 1: Then Clint start screaming, come on, come on.
Speaker 3: I got my ta.
Speaker 2: Also Clinton, I was like I don't know where to look at. Everyone in the lounge was like, what it's going on?
Speaker 3: Over this? A full blown demo, a.
Speaker 2: Full demo how to race a race horse? And I was like, did you a right? I didn't. I was like I didn't know what to say.
Speaker 1: You would not have been great.
Speaker 2: I was bright red because up, I'm gonna go and get some cheese. Hang on. Then we got on the plane. He was on he goes planes ready, but he he walked off, so he got on first. Click Jase. He got on first, and we were quite late because we were like, you know, stragglers are eating the trees, eating the cheese. He wasn't to be at racing White. We walk on the plane and he's sitting in business class, big man, little cheir man, little chair by the little mantle. By the time we get on, he's got his arms across his chest, he's got an eye mask on and a and he's like sound asleep, leaning back on.
Speaker 3: His we're flying to Sydney.
Speaker 2: You never find a Sydney sound asleep wrapped up eye mask, one that.
Speaker 1: Does one snooze with a voice like that. So we talked tattoos, tats, hats.
Speaker 2: What's happened at school is week everyone's getting tats. God, don't it kids?
Speaker 1: We almost got one on a boys trip. It's very degrading. We're in Vegas recently.
Speaker 2: That's fun. No, was it degrading. It's fun.
Speaker 1: It was nine of us we decided at three o'clock in the morning we go to the tattoo parlor and we even had it stenciled on our legs. But there was one guy.
Speaker 2: Not on your calf, because that you need if you're going to get a drunken one was going to be it's a bit of fun. It's got to be sort of semi here. You wear shorts every day.
Speaker 1: And where do you hear at the tattoo?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 1: L A X like the airports on oh ship.
Speaker 2: That's I nearly dropped the F bomb. Then I nearly just said it big.
Speaker 3: We'll have to get fat F bomb.
Speaker 1: When we get home.
Speaker 3: Like a baggage m l D.
Speaker 2: It's not m l D, it's MLB.
Speaker 1: It's l l It's not m l D. Maybe we're doing a stop over on the way home.
Speaker 2: I reckon a ship tatto. It's a great idea and it tells a very funny story. Come on, you've got one.
Speaker 1: If you want to join.
Speaker 3: From schoolies, I got more.
Speaker 2: The eagle, the flame and eagle.
Speaker 3: It's not an eagle. It's like a tribal symbol. Just quickly, just give us a quick mine's from schoolies. In two thousand, the two thousand, maybe even two thousand and one, we spilled.
Speaker 2: Into two thousand Sydney Olympics. Here we go.
Speaker 1: It looks like god, it is a sea horse.
Speaker 2: What is it supposed to be? It's very REMI know what it symbolizes.
Speaker 1: The label on some linen to take a photo.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do a reverse Google immage.
Speaker 1: Good call. I hope, I hope it. Google's is weak, little man.
Speaker 2: I told you about my friend who got one in Spanish when she was traveling, and when she found the literal translation, it said keep it real, and it was meant to say to be true, but the literal translation was keep it real. And then she got a boob job and outstretched across her fake boob keep it and it gets bigger because she got to move across her.
Speaker 3: But they ain't real.
Speaker 2: Fake boobs yep, I love it.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking about tats, Remember when we met Sam, we did a special grand final breakfast at Rhumanity. We did. We've got Sam who's a Swanees fan. Morning, Sam?
Speaker 3: Here you going? Sam?
Speaker 1: How long have we go for the Swanees?
Speaker 3: All you like? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you reckon that win by on Saturday twenty three? Oh? Confident?
Speaker 2: Well he must be confident because he's come down to get a premiership tattoo before they've won the premiership.
Speaker 3: So what they're getting premier is twenty twenty four.
Speaker 7: Yeah, before the game, before they get the game.
Speaker 1: That's confidence. Well did I smoke a pack of D's a little radio show brought to you by Winnie Blue? He Well, Sam did get the Swanees' premier?
Speaker 2: Well did it?
Speaker 1: Well? Sam's on the line, get a Sam. How's the tat?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Keep him? Well?
Speaker 2: Any regrets?
Speaker 4: Nah, Look, it's given me a good story. Went out after the Grand Final and showed probably half of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: And and did it? Did it help with your straight credit?
Speaker 4: Yeah? They loved it plenty read with Daga photos.
Speaker 3: I mean I would have said normally that you could turn the four into a five, but I don't reckon, they've got a chance of winning.
Speaker 2: You could make it maybe into an eight.
Speaker 1: For a laser job about six minutes into that Grand final.
Speaker 2: Well just the year, yeah Sam, Yeah, Well Sam doesn't regret it because it's a fun story.
Speaker 1: Exactly Sam.
Speaker 2: How old are you, Sam, I'm twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, your first Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And I ended up seeing Tommy Papley at the Spring racing carnivals. I got to show him as well. Think Yeah, I thought it was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: But good, well done, swam, great story though. See that's where crappy tattoos come in handy. We need a conversation start up.
Speaker 1: We woke up the next morning and I'm like, what if I got lax pencil so that you know, they did the stat line, so the outline was there, Thank god, l A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tell me we weren't even in La. You're in Vegas. You're in Nevada, DA.
Speaker 1: I guess we didn't know the Nevada baggage.
Speaker 3: Simple ENVD, there we go.
Speaker 2: MVD would be better. I could cope with you having an ENVD.
Speaker 1: Do we know? Do we know what the seahorse represents? Yet?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: It actually doesn't mean anything. I don't think, I think you've been sold a furfy.
Speaker 3: There was no description under in the book, the Laminade book, and came up.
Speaker 2: I can't even find an exact match, Clint, so no one else was silly enough to do.
Speaker 3: It's unique here.
Speaker 2: It is on a Facebook page called Unique Tattoo Design.
Speaker 1: Could you work with your partner?
Speaker 2: No? No, you know what though, Paulie and I as a couple, a great couple, but we handle things so differently, like he's would actually probably be a good partnership becausess he's very business and I'm way more emotional.
Speaker 1: How long have you guys been together?
Speaker 2: Now for nearly five years?
Speaker 1: Five years? Where was your first kiss?
Speaker 3: Funny story, We've gone down a rabbit right?
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, let's just get fascinating.
Speaker 1: I told him to.
Speaker 2: Meet me for a drink and he thought it was a date, and he thought it was just the two of us, and where I was. I had been at a women's charity lunch with two hundred and fifty women, and he rolled in thinking it was just the two of us. Were a drink, another single swim always women who had been at lunch to day.
Speaker 1: He's one, so you don't remember the first kiss.
Speaker 3: Then that's what you said that night.
Speaker 2: He won That night. I was like, okay, good on your da give one over all the girls.
Speaker 1: You beat two hundred and forty nine women to kiss him, Well done.
Speaker 3: They're all seventy.
Speaker 2: How dare you clint? They were not.
Speaker 1: Put your teeth back in, ladies. She won this round. Hey, coming up this hour, imagine working with your partner and you're both police officers, which means you both armed, don't want to fight. We are going to be probing the paper. We've got members of the Victorian Police car crash reconstruction crew. This is a heavy job. They're going to take us inside what it takes to be a part of that unit. Just after seven thirty this morning.
Speaker 2: They're going to tell us how they pieced together some of these hideous accidents that we see and we're all left wondering what happened? What happened?
Speaker 1: And these guys have actually worked on some big accidents.
Speaker 2: Job and things that they see and the things that they have to do to make our roads safer are amazing. All right.
Speaker 1: So that is still the calm, plus your chance to see Taylor Swift in Canada for the closing night of the Eras tour. But coming up next, I think we need to revisit something you say about on the show yesterday.
Speaker 2: Lois's thot about it all night.
Speaker 1: Well, my god, did we have some people reach out in the last twenty four hours about this. We'll tell you what we're talking about. We'll revisit after Sabrina Kapentar here on over. I think you struck a chord yesterday, Bobby.
Speaker 2: I know I thought about it all day. Guys. We were talking yesterday on the show about about losing connections with friends that you don't really have a reason. There was no fallout, you know, those friends that you think about and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, you know it is. Life got in the way.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about a girlfriend of mine who actually lives in New South Wales now, and it occurred to me that I have not spoken to her, I reckon in five or six years. We were the best of friends. Nothing ever happened, no falling out. Life's just got busy.
Speaker 1: I went home last night and I were talking about it, and we started going through our guest list, wedding and just working out who's still in our life.
Speaker 3: Did it surprise you, Yeah, very much so did you feel any guilt?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit, But then it's like I feel bad that I haven't reached out to them, But we had kids and just like you are, and they had kids and they you know, their career took them to a different part of my.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite expressions is being in different seasons with friends.
Speaker 1: Great way to put it.
Speaker 2: You just you are in a different season. One's weathering a storm, one's you know, everyone's doing different things. But it's funny because then there's the people that you're like, I actually really missed that friendship. Yeah, and I don't know why I don't see you. And you know, now with social media, you sort of feel like you've seen them. Like my girlfriend I will double you know, like each other's picks, and so she's not real connected, but I haven't actually spoken. And then, like I was saying, yesterday, she sent me a voice note and hearing her voice like literally filled my soul with joy.
Speaker 1: Well, as soon as you spoke about a phone line set up.
Speaker 2: No fermento And did this hit to strike a chord with you?
Speaker 4: I certainly did.
Speaker 6: Jory went to primary school with this amazing chick, lost connection with her at high school Linda.
Speaker 1: In Endeavor Hills. What's your story?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my friend Andick we used to work together six seven years ago.
Speaker 3: She was the best.
Speaker 4: She was there for me in a really hard time, no judgment, no anything.
Speaker 5: It can to find people like that.
Speaker 2: How much would you love just to reconnect and just have a laugh with her?
Speaker 5: I would love to go out with her.
Speaker 3: I sensor reunion video.
Speaker 1: As soon as we spoke about it, everyone said they had that friend pop into their minds.
Speaker 2: Phones went crazy. And I don't know if it's a thing about like because Christmas is coming up and it's summer, and you think about all those fun times you had with people. But I think everyone has someone like this in there which.
Speaker 3: Just gets you thinking, doesn't it doesn't it.
Speaker 2: We spoke about it after the show.
Speaker 3: We did. We did, and I think I said on her yesterday there was someone in my life that I think think about so so often, and I do right now carry a fair bit of I don't have guilts the right word, but by virtue of me thinking about her so much, I do feel a little bit sad that we don't connect.
Speaker 1: Your mannerism has changed. Yesterday after the show, when we were talking about it I could.
Speaker 3: My friend Nicole. So, Nicole and I have been best mates since well basically since birth because our mums were best mates.
Speaker 2: And how long since you've seen it?
Speaker 3: It's been. It's been a good couple of years since I've actually seen her. Probably at my fortieth I got goosebumps.
Speaker 2: Because years actually fly by all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: It's been years ago.
Speaker 2: I know, And you're like, God, where's that time?
Speaker 3: And we message each other every now and then. She's often in Melbourne, she's from Geelong. She's got, she's busy, she's a mum, she's a teacher, beautiful person. But recently she's been through a lot. She's she's just fort breast cancer.
Speaker 2: Wow, how she got.
Speaker 3: She's going really well, going really well now. But you know what am I thinking about now? I'm thinking about all those times I should have connected with her more. I should have taken more time out of my wife to go and see her while she was while she was fighting this disease, while she was recovering.
Speaker 1: I'd be very surprised if she was thinking it, like like looking at it, like totally you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like, you're right, life is busy and I'm.
Speaker 1: Taking out with it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: We are. We reached out to her and she would actually love to reconnect with you. Now, I know you're incredibly awkward in.
Speaker 3: These incredibly awkward as well. If we are two of the most outgoing, fun loving people, but in this situation we awkward.
Speaker 2: It's also like it becomes a bit of a standoff. It's like, oh, that haven't called me either.
Speaker 1: Will be the mediators. Okay, we'll reconnect.
Speaker 2: Them right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what. We'll go to break on the other side of this. We'll get her on the line. Are you excited to talk?
Speaker 3: For thousand cent?
Speaker 1: And I guarantee you guys will pick up exactly where you left off.
Speaker 2: People you know, and it doesn't matter if you've known them for your whole life, or if it's someone that you had a connection with at worked for a year or something and then they moved on. When you catch up with those people, or you actually rip the band aid off and call them, it's like no time has passed.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you want to weigh in on this, we'll get involved. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Anytime you want to join the show.
Speaker 3: Thinking about someone right now.
Speaker 1: I guarantee people are seeing their cars right now. They'd be like, oh, bloody, I haven't seen Jimmy since he moved away. We've had kids, and there's so many different reasons. That's the other thing.
Speaker 2: And it's amazing how quickly time passes and all of a sudden you think about it. Like when I got that message from my girlfriend the other day, I was like, when was the last time I saw her? And it was honestly five or six perce.
Speaker 1: Chuck Covid in there. Yeah, you know what I mean. That divided a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Is there someone that you've been thinking about and you miss their friendship?
Speaker 1: We're going to reconnect to you, Clint, with one of your best mates.
Speaker 2: Next, we're talking about losing connections with friends, colleagues, people that you love just for some reason, you've just kind of lost in your life.
Speaker 3: For people thinking about it more as we approach the festive season.
Speaker 1: We're a confident guy. Yeah, I've seen you MC events with thousands of people. You'll host the news all that sort of stuff. Right, I'm awkward. In the last three minutes. I've just watched you have an anxiety attack off for you.
Speaker 3: He is an absolutely my best friend Nicole, who's sitting on the line, who haven't seen in a long time, will be feeling the same way.
Speaker 2: So you guys were best friends in primary school. Yeah, we've grown up and you've just sort of lost touch a bit.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I just haven't seen her in far too long.
Speaker 1: And let's be honest, you will chatty about it. There was an element of guilt, which is necessarily. I'm not saying they shouldn't there should be Sorry, it's a bit of sadness. Would you like to say hello to Nicole who joins us on the air.
Speaker 3: Now, Hello, am my dear friend.
Speaker 6: Oh good morning.
Speaker 1: Are you as awkward as Clint?
Speaker 3: She be honest, you are.
Speaker 6: Is it meant to be a positive thing, because I feel like I'm going to come on and get angry and blame him.
Speaker 2: That's a real friend. Nicole has been talking about people losing connection and losing touch with people and life gets busy, and I was talking about it yesterday and Clint was like, straight away he said, oh my god, my friend Nicole, I just I just haven't seen her. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, he's the busiest man in Australia, and I just feel like every time I go, yes, we'll catch up, he's in Sydney for the weekend, or he's doing his thing. But I must admit I'm probably to blame a little bit as well, because life does get busy.
Speaker 1: Like you said, do you do you ever go to text him or call him Nicole and think, No, No, don't want to bother him, he's too busy.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I pester him whether or not he's really going to get back to me. Actually, funny story, We've got a bit of a strange sense of who Clint really is in our family because my beautiful niece who's had to choose a famous celebrity to do a school project on, and she chose Clint.
Speaker 1: Like laughing, really that's what you want to do, or.
Speaker 6: Not exactly, So she's getting dressed up as Clint as a school celebrity. I'm sorry, maybe we're telling you she's.
Speaker 2: Getting dressed so I really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should be more professional than it.
Speaker 3: Hey, how are you, by the way, I'm doing well.
Speaker 6: I'm doing really well. And I actually was thinking of you the other day because they're coming to Melbourne in December for a couple of nights, So we have to make sure that we catch.
Speaker 3: Up then, even I have to, We absolutely have to. Nicole's been through a lot recently and she has been in my thoughts always.
Speaker 1: Nicole and I asked, I was chatting with Clint yesterday and I could tell it was weighing heavy on him, that he wasn't reaching out a lot and you were battling breast cancer. Was there any Was there any ever anger or disappointment towards Clint for not reaching out as much during that.
Speaker 6: Time, No, not at all. I think the thing is with our friendship because it's been there for so long. We both know that we're always in each other's thoughts. Yeah, but it doesn't mean we have to be talking to each other. And I think in moments of crisis, I could pick up the phone and call him and know that he would make me laugh and probably vice versa for him. We just always meet where we left off whenever we do that.
Speaker 3: And how often have we done that?
Speaker 6: Well, not enough recently, to be honest, just because.
Speaker 1: Of life, not to think that's it's what we're saying yesterday. It's life. Life gets in the way.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, like you can see how much I've changed during this conversation.
Speaker 1: That's because either weight that lifted off your shot. I was watching just when she came on and.
Speaker 3: Gavi yeah, and look, I'm I'm so sorry about that. But I mean there is always a means of that's much making amends, but picking up where we left off, and we've been able to do that beautifully throughout our many years of friendship. And when I see you next time, which is hopefully in a couple of weeks, when you're in Melbourne, we can do exactly that. My beautiful friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you miss him, Nicole?
Speaker 6: I do, of course, yeah, and I absolutely I just miss I just know when we're together, we just have such a great, beautiful friendship and I don't have others like it. So hopefully soon we can reconnect and maybe next year I can ride your coattails to some fancy event.
Speaker 2: You got a date, Glenn.
Speaker 1: That's the thing, you know, It's like it's hard to make new friends as an adult, it really is. And genuine good friends are the ones you just pick up where you left off.
Speaker 2: Well that one, if it's been years and a last you can just pack up where you left off.
Speaker 1: Nicole, thanks for jumping on this morning, No worries.
Speaker 6: Great to chat with you guys as.
Speaker 3: Always, and I will see you soon. I promise.
Speaker 6: Oh I promise.
Speaker 1: Who you feel better? I do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I mean she's just she's the best. She's she's a she's a ray of sunshine. That's a sure go, especially what she's been through and beautiful mum, great teacher and a great friend.
Speaker 1: You know. The other reason you've got to keep these people in your back pocket because God, they know a lot about you too, don't they. She have some stories.
Speaker 3: She could post bail as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she really could. She could get canceled.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's got some stories. He's still there, You're still there.
Speaker 2: Are so nice, especially this time of year. I think it's always nice to reach out to someone you've been thinking of.
Speaker 1: It has just gone seven thirty. If you want to get involved in the show or you're in a similar boat, thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Hey, favorite time of the week, Lawrence, tell me what's you know? In the event that we one day get pulled over, we like to keep the Victorian police on side and we like to investigate different areas of the propos.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a very interesting area of the Victoria place we've got this morning. We've got detectives Janell and meet Hardyman in here from the Collision Reconstruction and Mechanical Investigation unit. That is a mouthful morning.
Speaker 3: Guys, good morning, Sorry?
Speaker 1: What are their last names?
Speaker 2: They're married Joel and me Hardiman?
Speaker 1: Who who's the boss?
Speaker 3: Very quickly as well? At work and home.
Speaker 2: The team that you work in responds to traffic accidents, road accidents. Do you guys work on the same cases together or do you get sent to different jobs?
Speaker 8: Not really so job. We have a crew that goes out from the major Collision unit and usually we have one reconstruction as that goes out. But now and again, well hit what we consider a big job and in the on these occasions sometimes we head out.
Speaker 2: Is that hard because I imagine and we speak to the police a lot, and you have to somehow try and leave a little bit of your work at work and go home and that's like a safe place away from all of the horrific, horrendous things that you see. When you guys don't get to do that, do you talk about work at home or do you try and clock off.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 10: We do talk about work at home because it's a big party of life, just like I suppose you guys as well. But we're pretty good at being able to separate our work from your home life.
Speaker 1: And obviously.
Speaker 10: Being the top of work that we do and the amount of tragedy and things that we see, it's really important to be able to do that.
Speaker 3: In my previous life working as a general news reporter, was deployed to many car accidents, one of which was in car Dross in Mildua where sixteen's are walking home from a party and we're mowed down by a drunk driver who was jailed. The second one was Robert Farquerson, a father who drove his three kids into a damn on Father's Day. This is tough work and it's high pressure work. I know those cases stay with me to this day. I can remember exactly what that scene looked like, every twist, every turn in the road. Do you sort of carry a little bit of that with you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'd like to say you don't, but you do. And the interesting I think with a lot of our jobs, the ones that are really tough emotionally sometimes aren't the ones that hit the media at all, right, and I guess that's where we talk about you're going home and having that other one that knows what you're going through, because yeah, also go out on the weekend and someone say, oh, I saw you at that job that looked really bad. But some of the worst that we've been to and the hardest to deal with and the ones that we carry the most emotional baggage with people don't even know about.
Speaker 2: So just for people who are listening to this, when there is a serious road accident, you guys are there and your job is to piece together what happened, who's who's at fault, how fast they were going? Was that there must be a science to that that that you've got to park the emotional side and just look at the facts sometimes, right, because we must get to jobs and be so angry about things that you've seen.
Speaker 1: So can you tell, yeah, like what the speed the car was doing?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah we can. So there's our jobs to look at the physical evidence, yep. So the skid mark, so you know, the crush damage on a car and hair they've they've crushed together, and also look at the electronic data that we can get out of our cars.
Speaker 1: As well. So will you then, for example, say if I was involved in a car crash and I was driving a camera, you would investigate how much the cameras crash And then have you guys got a base where you will crush certain cars to see the damage and try and compare them.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah we do, and yeah we do so, and there's a whole lot of testing done by you know, RACV and all those house Safe as your Car and overseas as well. But there's also in Toyota vehicles, there's a whole lot of data that we can get out and different cars have different data and stuff, and sometimes it makes their job easier and sometimes it makes it.
Speaker 1: On a lighter note, just with the data, can you get data from my car, for example, and see how many drive throughs I've gone through and stuff like that. Possibly, Yeah, that's an issue.
Speaker 3: I was just about to say, because inevitably a lot of these accidents will end up in court. Do you have to then testify in court? You need to reconstruct the accident in front of a jury, in front of a judge.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So we go to court most weeks. So we're in the criminal court system. We're considered experts, so we're able to give opinion evidence that comes from as a result of our training, our experience, our expertise. We all also have tertiary qualifications, so we've all got science and engineering degrees that assists us in using that physical evidence to work out what's going on.
Speaker 1: How long you go to be in the force until you can move into a unit like this, there's not a specific time.
Speaker 8: Obviously you have to go through your first couple of years of training, but we're also detective, so there's that time taken to qualify as a detective. Then you also required the external qualification. So how long it takes to actually get there. I think our most junior is maybe seven years, but it's more about how long you stay. Yes, yeah, that's where you really you can't learn this job before you arrive, so anyone who joins a unit. Because we've grown quite a lot over the last few years. So when I started back in, so I was an investigator first and then went into reconstruction. So I started reconstruction two thousand and seven, and at that point there was two of us. But we're ring quite rapidly. But the people don't really leave our unit once you arrive, which.
Speaker 1: I almost find surprising because I imagine it'd be a big burnout.
Speaker 2: You'd think that there would be a shelf life on it.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, we've got to take a quick break, but if you guys can stay with us, we are probing the Popo this morning. The Collision Reconstruction and Investigation Unit joining us. I know you guys have worked on some very high profile cases and we want to come back and talk about that next. And unfortunately we're going into what would be a busy season for you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to ask you about that that's going to affect a lot of Melbourne, and is that I want to ask you about next.
Speaker 1: We'll go there after this. Play a cool The cops are.
Speaker 2: Here, Lawrence, tell me what's you know?
Speaker 1: Janella mek Or a husband and wife team. They are also detectives in the Collision Reconstruction and Mechanical Investigation Unit. These guys are on scene at some very high profile accidents here in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Who detectives The kids wouldn't get away with anything.
Speaker 2: Three kids, not that we know of. So Hey, you guys, there have been some horrific road accidents in Victoria over the years, and in particular recently. I mean, there was a terrible accident last night. We obviously saw the horrific incident at Auburn South Primary School, the Dysford accident. These are the kind of things that you guys have to turn up to be on the scene, see these horrendous things and try and peaks together what happened?
Speaker 1: You deployed any of those situations, but all of them.
Speaker 8: So we went to both. We actually went to both of those together.
Speaker 2: How does that affect you when you see these terrible accidents your parents, you've got three kids.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we've got a job to do, and it's important that a lot of responsibility. It's a massive responsibility to investigate someone's either death or life changing injury, and we obviously take that really seriously. So you have to put aside your own personal feelings forbidden. We can deal with that later, but at the time, you've got to we've got a job to do.
Speaker 2: We've got to get on with it, because then you've got not just families, but you've got communities desperate for answers. That must be hard.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 8: There are times that after a crash, I tend to to avoid listening to and watching the medium to avoid some of that pressure and just get on with the job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plus just work with what we've got. You've got teenage kids nineteen twenty. That must be a bloody scary job when you're going to a lot of accidents where you know it's kids the same age that you've got getting in these car crashes.
Speaker 8: It is, And I think for sure that that's probably the jobs that are hard is where there's something about the job that you relate to, so where it involves kids, where where you look, you know you're looking at the mother or father of a child and think that that could be me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 8: It's very hard. So the actual job is where it's very easy to focus.
Speaker 1: What you've got both hours now to get your license, Well.
Speaker 2: It's one hundred and twenty hours, right, And I was about to say road safety must be so important, it's important to everyone, but you guys see it firsthand how important it is to be safe on the roads. One hundred and twenty hours is what we're supposed to do to pass our learners and to get our peace. And there would be a lot of families and a lot of kids who are finishing school now I know. I wasn't eighteen until a year after I finish school, but a lot of my friends were eighteen in that year and they weren't allowed to get their driver's license until after they finished school. Which is such a strange thing. Right you finish school, you're allowed to party, you get your driver's license. What message would you have for people and kids out there who are about to get their driver's license and about to get this freedom which is amazing, but it's also scary.
Speaker 1: It is it's so.
Speaker 3: That learner's thing.
Speaker 10: It's so important that people actually do their one hundred and twenty hours and learn in all different types of conditions. It's so easy, and we've been there recently with our three kids, that it's so easy to say, oh it's raining, or it's staff and it's hard to sit in the so and it's scary as a parent to sit in the passenger seat, or your kids learned to drive.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, my mum used to get out and I would walk home. We had the biggest fight in all seriousness.
Speaker 3: It's so important.
Speaker 1: I struggle with a roundabout.
Speaker 2: I struggle with the whole thing.
Speaker 3: To be honest, based on what you see at work. I mean, what troubles you the most or what mistakes are people making the roads right now?
Speaker 8: So when we talk about mistakes, there's big mistakes and there's small mistakes. There's people who just like concentration for a short time and just missed that pedestrian acrossing and crossing. There are people who are intentionally, you know, driving at really high speeds, or we're still seeing drugs and alcohol in so many of our cases. But the one that that I'm at odds with, there are a large number of people that have been killed on the roads in the last couple of years not wearing seatbelts. And I just don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I'm guilty of it. I'll say, I get in a car whenever I drive, I throw it on. But I'm guilty of jumping in the back of an uber and chatting to people and then going, oh my god, my seat belt's not on. I'm not saying I'm guilty of it. Like I go, I'm not putting my seat belt on, But I'll jump in with friends and we're chatting and then I'm like, oh, got my seat belt's not on and I'm in a car with someone who I don't know driving me home.
Speaker 1: Here's one for you. I remember Scotty Camp from the block came in and he's got teenage kids and he was saying that he's biggest advice was he would buy his kids a single cab ute when they were allowed to drive, because that way there was no back seat to fill it with all your mates giving you peer pressure. Is out of all the investigations you guys have done and stuff, is there a brand of car or a certain type of vehicle that you think is safer?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 10: The more modern cars are obviously much safer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, there is a huge difference, Yeah, there is. And then what about these little hatchbacks that a lot of kids everybody no exactly, but you know, like kids will go and by a little you know, second ambernas and stuff like that, so they just crumble.
Speaker 10: Unfortunately, what we're seeing on the roads these days is that there's a lot bigger cars now driving.
Speaker 1: The big ms American cars and even.
Speaker 10: You know, you've got to your school pick up and see all the SUVs. And unfortunately the physics doesn't lie that the bigger the car versus smaller car.
Speaker 1: The bigger car is always going to win.
Speaker 2: Unfortunate, which sucks because not everyone can absolutely car. But it's it's been careful and.
Speaker 10: It's more about that if you know, no text message or no phone call is worth someone's life, and you know, does it really matter that, like just wait a minute till you stopped.
Speaker 2: I wish you put your seat belt on.
Speaker 3: I wish we had the guys here a few weeks ago when that pole just jumped out of nowhere in the Nover car park, Jason, we could have reconstructed the scene.
Speaker 1: And guys, I was I was reversing here at the over car park. Nowhere came out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: I don't reckon. You need the maths to work out what I'd love to in your parking.
Speaker 1: Professional opinion, do you think the pylons in an underground car park should be painted the same color as the back wall or do you think there should be some sort of high visit color of visibility? Thank you very much, Mick.
Speaker 2: None of us have had a problem with It's that one's friend the.
Speaker 1: Misery take out. We're going to the car park.
Speaker 2: In all seriousness, you guys do an amazing job and you see some horrific things but thank you for persisting and helping make our roads. Say absolutely, we love the Victorian Police and you do an amazing job, so thank you, thanks.
Speaker 1: For having us. Good on you guys.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And they're coming from leave for.
Speaker 2: This like Chez get a day in Loup.
Speaker 1: Let's say, how to our next guest, our next guest? Sor a twenty year old zoo keeper and a fifty six year old comedian.
Speaker 3: What do they have in common?
Speaker 1: You might ask?
Speaker 3: They are also the hosts of them. I'm a celebrity. Get me out of here.
Speaker 7: Did somebody say wild expert Thanky?
Speaker 1: Please? Welcome to the show?
Speaker 11: Robert Allen and Julie?
Speaker 1: What's going? Channel Ten's making you work twice in one year?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean talk about reach out to the shareholders? Cheap you know, cheat what I am? It's cheap to be fair, No, we haven't. I feel like we're not long back from the jungle and we go again.
Speaker 7: Here we go again. It's insane.
Speaker 3: They're onto a good thing, Channel ten and it must be relieved to be renewed.
Speaker 9: Always, every day and every one.
Speaker 1: It was my first first galant.
Speaker 7: We had one one season in so I was really really.
Speaker 11: Going to imagine if we didn't get it. Yeah, it's all Roberts Global. Actually no, it's it's awesome, Like what what a privilege? I mean, it is just the best fun working on that show.
Speaker 7: I'm just so stoked to do it all again.
Speaker 9: I think it's a bit it is a little bit like childbirth. It is so it is so hard called this job like it is. You know, they're fourteen. Howadays the sick stays all week. It is to the power of hardcore.
Speaker 1: And then then you have eleven months off.
Speaker 9: My heart leads for he remembers, no one remembers. And now we're all excited about going back. Now, my god, I can't wait to get back.
Speaker 1: I know you'll stay tight lipped about what celebs are going in there. Oh yeah, but we were chatting earlier because Robert, you just made friends with quite a famous person that we see the Jung lines. I think he would love it.
Speaker 7: I can can neither confirm nor deny.
Speaker 3: The conversation was scintillating between them.
Speaker 11: Well today it's Roberte here course, Prince William, lovely to see you.
Speaker 7: How are you enjoying South Africa so far?
Speaker 1: Good? Thanks? Really good? Have you loans home hare chemistry.
Speaker 7: Oh mate, mate, he didn't give you will didn't give you much.
Speaker 9: You don't know what to do in those moments. You're like, do you want to come into my life? I don't want to offend you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, no, it was It was wild. You know, it was such a surreal experience.
Speaker 11: But he's on the like that guy is so on the ball with conservation.
Speaker 7: It was just amazing.
Speaker 9: Like he knows each other since you were a little I've.
Speaker 11: Known him for a few years now working with the earth Shot Prize that he's doing over there, and you know, South Africa is a place that's very near and dear to his heart as much as it is for us.
Speaker 7: So you know, I'm sure he'd get in there one hundred percent.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, he'd love the jungle when you were bugs, your highness, today we've got a buffalo bag.
Speaker 3: Maybe not, maybe not.
Speaker 1: I was listening to Travis Kelcey Tyler Swift's Yeah. He was on his podcast the other day.
Speaker 9: Talking about how a podcast called Latraviata.
Speaker 1: Well picture to him. But he was saying how he met Prince William and the family backstage at the Era's concert and he was blown away with just how normal he was just to he's just he's just he's just a cool dude.
Speaker 11: Seriously, Like I remember that the first day I got into the Cape down to meet with him. They're like, oh, you're just going to do a do a hike with him, just about a k hike, and I'm like, yeah, okay, and and there he is, you know, trudging up the side of the hill and he's just like, oh yeah, god, a Robin.
Speaker 7: How well you didn't say get a but he's like, hello, how are you?
Speaker 11: And you know, you just you just have a chat under the shade of a tree, and he's talking about how much he loves the place and the wildlife, you know, go for a walk and he's like, all right, sweet sea tomorrow. And it's just he's just a normal guy, but just one of the most down to earth and kind individuals you'll ever meet.
Speaker 1: It was that very different than working with you.
Speaker 9: It's like it's like peting at a rodeo forwards lack radio depending.
Speaker 7: On it's clean on well, you know what, my first radio.
Speaker 9: We're going on a hike. Honestly with my ADHD. The brain just left the building as soon as you said Hike. I was just like, oh, wonderful your biscuits today. No, it's incredible. Also, I think isn't that something.
Speaker 2: That his mum really worked towards From what we know.
Speaker 9: It's bringing that normality because I mean, there's nothing normal about the high profile life for those guys are leading, and I think she would have instilled that need for the normality feel like they've done with Dick.
Speaker 1: Well, just on that. It's funny you bring that up because as you were talking Robert, I'm like, my god, you remind me of your dad to a teammate and I got three boys under ten. Yeah, they have now just fallen in love with the old school crocodiles. Mate for every weekend on YouTube and just listening to the way you talk. Then it's honestly like it's uncanny. Mate.
Speaker 7: Will thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 11: I feel like my life is really built around that legacy and finding my own way to really continue that. So that you have you found your own way doing it and that really means a lot. And I think Dad will always be my biggest inspiration in life. We actually just had our Steve O and gala, which is to benefit our charity we did the most amazing job posting it the best time ever and that was just what night before last. His legacy is still alive and well to this day and we're.
Speaker 7: All just he's celebrating it me so much. That's really awesome.
Speaker 9: It feeling a part of even if it's one night, that they are contributing to helping this planet go on and had these animals there for our children and our children's children.
Speaker 1: You're still invoice for the gig seventy five.
Speaker 7: Years in the business, exactly. I begged please.
Speaker 1: It was so much.
Speaker 7: It's just like a bunch of old mates getting together.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It was good. I have some man crushes, by the way, as you know this man right here, his fashion is impeccable. Oh he's like a male model, Julian past for a woman you are, you are doing some great stuff in the fashion world.
Speaker 7: Mate, Thank you very much. I need to come in and chat with you. And this is great.
Speaker 1: It was the best of times.
Speaker 9: It was also the best of times.
Speaker 11: It's I feel like I'm just following your lead, Julia, seriously, absolutely, this is I am now described in my family as the fashionable Erwin.
Speaker 3: I'll take it, you know.
Speaker 7: Khaki is always there at heart, but every now and again you've got to do the doubled enemy, you know, Yeah, give.
Speaker 3: It a game.
Speaker 9: I needed like we need like a cake and it needs to be sofie socks. It needs to be a present and I.
Speaker 1: Am wearing my kakey and so really good. Yeap, guys, We're so pumped that you're back on the box. I'm a celebrity. Get me out of here. It's a great way to start the year. At Premiere is Sunday, nineteenth of January on ten and ten play Julia Morris, Robert and God love you guys. Thanks coming in.
Speaker 3: Lauren Phillips, you are one of the most fashionable people.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 3: You go to runway shows. You look immaculate during the spring racing carnival.
Speaker 2: When was the last time I went to a runner You.
Speaker 3: Always you're always somewhere funsy with fashionable people.
Speaker 1: Right, You're the person I go to for a right when we're wearing suits and stuff for the races.
Speaker 2: There's not a lot of options around here to be fair.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten. I'm not too sure if this will fire or not, but something's happened and it's intrigued me. Thirteen twenty four to ten. Do you wear medical scrubs as casual wear?
Speaker 1: What do you mean scrubs?
Speaker 3: The Cardiff Hospital scrubs you wear in surgery. I have anecdotal evidence that people are buying scrubs and wearing them as fas as like lounge wear.
Speaker 2: Who I know. Brooklyn Beckham got photographed the other day going to shut her marmont in a like baggy tracksuit pants and everyone.
Speaker 1: Hang on, sorry, can I clarify You're not talking to photo. Okay, hang on, you're not talking like.
Speaker 3: I'm talking. Whatever color you want?
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: This came up because to leagues, two separate instances. There, it is right there.
Speaker 2: Crazy blue scrubs that nurses were.
Speaker 3: Right, she's just walking down the street.
Speaker 1: She finished the ship.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, she's bought them online. She's one of the models.
Speaker 1: She's a doctor. No, she's not carrying yan works at a Vey clinic.
Speaker 3: She wants to feel comfortable. Here's my anecdotal evidence. Two separate stories, two separate employees at Channel nine. One bought his wife scrubs what she wanted, just to kick around at home because they are really comfortable.
Speaker 1: The other employee, No, that's a hard note.
Speaker 2: No, no, they was We don't they wash?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Can you chuck them in the dryer? Maybe I want some?
Speaker 1: Probably could put them in there.
Speaker 2: You know, they're just like pajamas.
Speaker 1: Why don't you just go to the gown where your ass is out in the back.
Speaker 2: There's nothing more embarrassing than when you're at a hospital and they make you put on the gown and then you've got to walk over here and you're like, oh, I'm wearing a three.
Speaker 1: You can see my hanging out.
Speaker 3: The second piece of anecdotal evidence, another employee said, yeah, this is a thing. I was at school drop off the other day and one of the moms, not the moms, was in scrubs. Does not work in the industry, be it veterinary science, be it in a hospital as what else? Do you wear them as?
Speaker 1: You know what? I don't know now, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten, have you purchased scrubs as casualwere or are you ware? Are you kicking around the home in scrubs? I went digging online. Scrubs are becoming popular as casual air as casual were Number one comfort number two. They're convenient. Scrubs number three versatile, easy to mix and match.
Speaker 2: You know it's happening, Well, I guess because they are. But you don't just get the same navy blue. Now people wear people wear like there's printed ones and some such things.
Speaker 1: What concerns me is that if I rock around in scrubs, people will think I'm saving lives.
Speaker 2: No, they won't. More and more.
Speaker 3: People are doing it.
Speaker 1: No, my luck, I'd be in the food court at Westfield Southland someone to be choking. I'd be in my scrubs, just shop in a country road. Help And then they'd be like you, you're a nurse, come and help.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, I just wanted to wear stretch your pants and a food corn.
Speaker 1: Well, haven't you hit a chord?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's happening. People are wearing scrubs who don't work in medicine or veterinary science as casual wear because it's easy, it's comfortable. It's a thing like.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Melbourne. You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint's here as well. We're about to put people in the running to go and see Tata's last show in Canada. But before that, phone lines have lit.
Speaker 2: I think we've got a fashion crisis in this country. This is true, Glint.
Speaker 1: I think it's a bloody great idea. In fact, I've been on a website Air scrubs are doing fifty scrubs can get a bit.
Speaker 3: Of I was on Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I was on doctor Wolf Apparel.
Speaker 1: Doctor what's sorry? Doctor Wolf amed sorry clears.
Speaker 2: That people are wearing scrubs is fashion.
Speaker 3: It's happening. It's a thing. Jenna in Mornington, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you good?
Speaker 3: Are you with me here?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 11: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're agreeing with him that scrubs are now fashion.
Speaker 1: You'll have to talk up. You're wearing scrubs.
Speaker 9: I do I wear them.
Speaker 6: I bought them.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize initially I bought them. I thrifted them and they were Gorman and.
Speaker 2: I was like, I love, Yes, they did do scrubs because it was like, yeah, I think during the pandemic, fashion brands were like, we'll make some cool We'll make some cool scrubs just to try and brighten nurses days.
Speaker 1: Right, Look, airmed dot com, airmedscrubs dot com dot A you have pattern ones out in something for Christian Jenna.
Speaker 2: How comfortable are they?
Speaker 6: They're so comfortable. I've got extra pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just loicked online and it was a three pocket top and a six pocket.
Speaker 1: Question are they cold? Doesn't look quite like look thick. It looks airy, you think, But.
Speaker 6: It's a nice. It's a nice. I wore them canting Actually one more?
Speaker 3: One more? You wear else? Do you wear them?
Speaker 1: Do you wear them?
Speaker 3: Do you wear them the supermarket is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely worn them to the supermarkets.
Speaker 1: M On do they do one in a shorts range? Is there a.
Speaker 2: Point? Is that they're for nurses and.
Speaker 1: You don't want to get on your good morning Hi? Hell are you guys? Do you wear scrubs?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 5: I'm a vet nurse by trade.
Speaker 2: Well that doesn't count through the.
Speaker 6: Day, but I have been known to also wear my scrubs for cleaning at home.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good idea.
Speaker 6: They're like wearing your armies.
Speaker 3: They are so light and just you know.
Speaker 1: What, that would be good for the beach underneath, swims underneath we need as scrubs. We need to go down to the hospital because there's that scrub room. Have you seen the room at the hospital, the laundry room you're going.
Speaker 2: To steal them. No, I don't think so. I think nurses are responsible, aren't. They don't have to take their own scrubbs scroll.
Speaker 1: There's laundry rooms at the hospital and you just go in and grab.
Speaker 2: Scrub there for the nurses, us by your own.
Speaker 3: This friend of mine tells me that his wife loves wearing them around the house, just loves it. Comfort.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds like are they out of the house clothes too? Me can be maybe bar on Friday night.
Speaker 1: In Albert Do you wear them and.
Speaker 2: Wear do you wear scrubs?
Speaker 1: Where do you wear them?
Speaker 2: You wear them?
Speaker 1: You know what, they'd be quite airy with your swing, you would hold you back.
Speaker 2: They are so comfortable, and you've got pockets for your chee gloves and so many the plants have six pockets in them.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Nova scrubs. Should we get a team uniform scrubs Nova scrubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we might get I don't know, out of guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, you love it.
Speaker 3: We might get discount McDonald's like for being medical professional.
Speaker 2: No, now, don't scam the system. Don't scam They have a bit of.
Speaker 1: Fake blood on me. It's been a hard day.
Speaker 3: The Office of Films Saving lives?
Speaker 2: Are they doing it when you.
Speaker 1: Just have forty nuggets? Please for saving lives?
Speaker 2: Hey, all right, I don't know about it.
Speaker 1: We must go, We must get them.
Speaker 3: I love Melbourne so so strange sometimes but strange.
Speaker 2: So you know what, during the pandemic, I think we all gave up on fashion, didn't we.
Speaker 1: Good morning it is Jason Lauren Clinty as well. Imagine seeing you do this live. Oh my god, clint if your dreams could come true, you could be the twenty two kid, hands.
Speaker 2: Down, the greatest ponsor that I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and it is coming to an end. Closing night the Tayler Swift eras to it.
Speaker 2: It is happening in Vancouver, in Canada, which is also one of the coolest cities in the world.
Speaker 1: Next Friday, we are going to leave the studio. We're going to take the show on the ride. We're going to drive to someone's house here in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Every time you say we're taking the show on the road, I get so excited that you're going to send me to Vancouver.
Speaker 1: You are not going to Vancouver.
Speaker 2: Shame.
Speaker 1: We will pack someone's bag and send them to Vancouver. Let's put people on the standby list. This is a sign.
Speaker 2: What a song. Hey Taylor from Geelong kingerrats, you could be going to see Taylors. Weved in Canada? Were you named after it?
Speaker 5: I swe but we watched every single life dream, so I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Good on you, Taylor, very different going being there.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Clyde Hannah, you're on the standby list. Yeah, no worry, worry, oh oh oh oh. If you win, you've got to choose favorite child.
Speaker 6: A couple of kids, that's the situation.
Speaker 2: Put them all on notice, get some good behavior for two weeks.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, absolutely, thanks.
Speaker 2: So much, guys, you're welcome. Good luck. And also let's go to Rosebud some owne. Good morning. You're in the running.
Speaker 12: Yay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite song? Is it over now?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Beautiful?
Speaker 3: And your besties names Taylor as well Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, taking Taylor to Taylor that would be good.
Speaker 6: That's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Good luck, sis, all right, we take one.
Speaker 1: More, one more?
Speaker 2: Have gone?
Speaker 3: Mad Daniella in Altona, Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 5: I've got three and you I absolutely want to go to Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Of course you do.
Speaker 1: Well, you're on the scare by list.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go to Vancouver or do you want to go to Taylor in Vancouver?
Speaker 6: I want to do it all.
Speaker 5: I want to go to Taylor. I want to be thank'd amazing. I can't believe I've got three this morning. Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Well done. Well you are on the short list. Good luck.
Speaker 1: If it's just Vancouver, join Travel Guides. If it's Taylor in Vancouver, you come.
Speaker 2: I'd love to be on Travel Guides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we should go on absolutely.
Speaker 3: Lauren and I were talking to Kevin and Janetta at the Races, the old couple from Travel Guides, the ones that said Sharpney.
Speaker 1: The very part more of a goggle box guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they don't leave their couch, just like jose Well, you and I want to see the world conversation summer.
Speaker 3: They were good fun.
Speaker 1: You know who I've sparked a big chat with online.
Speaker 2: A big friendship online chap. Have you got an online friend?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Who are you chatting to online?
Speaker 2: Is this is internet friend? This is going to be very let us Yes, male or female? Have we had them on the show before?
Speaker 3: Yes, Shana Blaine.
Speaker 2: Female had them on Julia Morris.
Speaker 1: From goggle Box.
Speaker 2: Oh, Keith and.
Speaker 3: Stage.
Speaker 2: She absolutely canned me one day on google Box.
Speaker 1: That's right, do the voice? No, do the voice? Was the voice special?
Speaker 3: Wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Do the voice?
Speaker 2: She went from wag to TV host.
Speaker 1: Hell, I mean it's a good question, you know, Lauren, You've got something in common with someone very, very famous.
Speaker 3: Yes, we've met this famous person indeed recently.
Speaker 2: Who They must be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: They are talented as well, very pretty, very It sounds just like me and God they can sing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where the comparisons in.
Speaker 1: What happened Katy Perry has made headlines around the world. Did you see this? Yesterday? She was performing when a fan came up behind her, and well, she was not performing but dancing a club and a fan came up and pulled out one of her hair extensions.
Speaker 2: Her stennis and she didn't even notice, not.
Speaker 1: Even on the wall. Since then, they have tried to sell the hair extension.
Speaker 2: No, and there she's dancing in a club, comes up behind, comes out quick to No. You would feel when that comes out? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because we hosted a New Year's e party at our house once and got a little out of hand. The next morning, we walked out in the backyard.
Speaker 2: It's hanging low. You can see it's a low hanger.
Speaker 1: Hair extensions hanging on the trees in the backyard. Oh yeah, flying off that easy.
Speaker 2: The last time at a hen's party and we all stayed together in the morning, it looked like a horse's tail skinned. It's already hanging low.
Speaker 3: Katie's blissfully unaware, right, yeah, yeah, you know she doesn't really really.
Speaker 2: It's already hanging low. When they pull it out, it's not clicked in properly. That's bad hairdressing.
Speaker 1: Bad hairdressing, bad hair dressing. Do you think you would notice people taking stuff off you?
Speaker 2: Probably not? You know me, I'm not really aware of my surroundings very often, that is true.
Speaker 3: Let's just say definitely not.
Speaker 2: I would notice if you pulled my.
Speaker 1: Hair, because throughout the morning play the tape, or you have been slowly removing things from your handbag.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, where was I I'm not even in the studio.
Speaker 1: The entire contents of your handbag.
Speaker 2: Sunglasses, here, pods, a lot of lipstick.
Speaker 1: I thought I was removing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, look on this video.
Speaker 1: I just went I went in once I got your wallet.
Speaker 3: No, I got the wallet. That's the one thing I got.
Speaker 1: I thought at one point I got a vape.
Speaker 2: No, it's a lip farm, that watermelony.
Speaker 1: So nothing was coming out.
Speaker 2: Where am I?
Speaker 1: And all of this footage you're laying on the floor.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I was what a few questions? What are you doing with a pair of novous socks in your handbag?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: You never know when your ankles are going to get cold. You never want to be cold south of the knees, Clint, So you've always got to have some throat gargle.
Speaker 3: The wallet was, you know?
Speaker 1: That was high on my look how glam your.
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was once upon a time, before I started in breakfast radio, before I started aging in doggies, I looked quite youthful.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't get let in with that I that is that screams catfish.
Speaker 1: That is catfish. That is not the girl on the dating.
Speaker 2: My god, you've actually swiped everything out of your It is gone and left. See. You know I've I've been pickpocketed many times. I'm an easy target.
Speaker 1: Carries a lot of hyde lot.
Speaker 2: You just never know when you're going to need to be hydrated, and you never know when your ankles are going to get cold. I know we carry fresh g string in there too, just in case of emergency. If there's not one in there, that means I must have activated the emergency string at an a point in time. Oh no, she must be doing a juice cleans again.
Speaker 1: Yourself.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I almost did. I did, and it was a it wasn't quite a false alarm, but it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: It was a near situation.
Speaker 2: Cleans and walk the town on day to.
Speaker 1: Day, especially up that hill.
Speaker 2: I ran, I ran to the Oh, I sort of waddled to the car.
Speaker 1: And emergency string was activated that day. Have a great day everyone.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't believe I didn't notice you taking all of those.
Speaker 1: Had no idea, wouldn't kill it none. Your auter bottle has gone to Oh my.
Speaker 12: God, it is too Thank you for being better, Gonna be Jason Lauren Jason.
Speaker 2: Lauren wake up feeling Good on number one hundred.
Speaker 1: Jason Lauren on socials