Speaker 1: On scoring leaves Australia. This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panicky Show. I'm Danikiti, Giorgio filling In coming up tonight, Albow announcers, an anti Semitism envoy, but it's a little.
Speaker 3: Too late for that.
Speaker 2: Nurses fight back against hospital policy that allows biological men to use their change rooms. Stephanie Bastian will join us for more. All the Laters from the US with Josh Hammer, including Biden's upcoming Big Boy Conference and Darren Grimes ways in on the new British Prime Minister and his even woker cabinet, plus Lefty's losing it with a very special message from Whoopee Goldberg on Biden's decline.
Speaker 4: I don't care if he's Coolfta's pants. I don't care if he can't put a sentence together.
Speaker 2: Joy Now is the Herald Sons senior writer Patrick Carly and Patrick thanks for joining us. Young labor branches are revolting against the treatment of rogue senator Fatima payment by the alban Easy government. Now The Australian is reporting that the Prime Minister's foundational faction, the New South Wales.
Speaker 3: Young Labor Left will actually.
Speaker 2: Host Senator Payment as a special guest in a forum next week to Remote to promote the cause of Palestine, despite of course her resignation from the party. Now, I am definitely not a supporter of Senator payment, but ge Labor are in a world of pain over this.
Speaker 5: Well, I think that's the right way of putting it. It is a world of pain. And I think this is just the start when you've seen all these pro Palestine sort of forces coalescing and it sounds like it was quite planned in the last few weeks and it's all sort of coming to a head.
Speaker 6: Now you have the.
Speaker 5: Young ALP activists who are pushing payment and pushing what she's saying. And the problem for a government is that you cannot They've got conflicting priorities here. They've got to govern for the national interest and at the same time they're trying to pander to those pro Palestine elements in those seats in Sydney and Melbourne and elsewhere that really could swing dramatically. And this is fascinating. This is a real moment in Australian politics and the next election as to see as to seeing how far and how significant this will be in determining results.
Speaker 2: Well, absolutely, you know, particularly in the event of a minority government. What does that mean? And I really believe that Fatima payment is going to have a lot of influence and the policies that we're going to see coming up now. Anthony Albanesi has appointed lawyer and business executive Jillian Siegel as Australia's inaugural Anti Semitism Special Envoy.
Speaker 3: Here is what the Prime Minister had to say earlier.
Speaker 7: I have spoken with members of the Jewish community who have not felt safe members of the Jewish community. His children are worried about wearing their school uniform in our capital cities.
Speaker 3: That's not acceptable, Patrick.
Speaker 2: Since October seven, Australia's social cohesion really has descended into chaos. We no anti Semitism is rife. The Prime Ministerlian ministers have been largely silent as to not upset voters in key seats with high Muslim populations. I'm hopeful that this envoy will change that. But why now it's just a little too late.
Speaker 5: Well, look, it's certainly too late, and hopefully it's not too little. I mean what we saw Elbow saying that he should have been saying that on October fifteen last year, eight months ago. The anti Semitism has been unchecked in pockets of Australia since that time, and he hasn't come down hard in sort of saying well, hang on, this is not who we are, this is what we're about. I think this is a welcome development with the special end. I like thought she had to say earlier today she talked about anti Semitism being an age old hatred. She talked about it having no place in a freedom, in a free society, and she talked about the need to be vigilant. And we have not been vigilant in stenting this since October last year. And look it is too late, but hopefully it makes a difference.
Speaker 2: Look fingers crossed it does now, how is this for a cash grab? Woolworths has announced it will restock Australian flags and it stores ahead of the Paris Olympic Games because quote, the Australian flag is the official flag of the Australian Olympic Committee and of our team competing in Paris. So Patrick, the Australian flag is an Australian flag when it's not Australia Day.
Speaker 5: Well, when there's a buck in it, I think really, you know they're sponsoring the Olympics. As you said, they want people to go to woolies and look, I think most people will be very cynical about this. This this is a cash grab. As some of the conservative politicians have been saying, you can't have it both ways. You can't virtue signal and say that Australia is divisive and by inference as is the Australian flag and then sort of proudly call yourselves proudly Australian retailer and suddenly say we've got these flags and we want you to be patriotic because you might buy our flags. I mean, I think most Australians see through this for what it is, the big er lay back on Australia by basically saying Australia is divisive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they only want the Australian flags and when they know they can make a bit of money out of it, they're an absolute disgrace for words that always have been Now Green Senator Marine Feruki, you know, the one who couldn't quite bring herself to say whether Hamas should be disbanded and remember.
Speaker 5: This HMAS need to be dismantled.
Speaker 8: It has nothing to do with Palestinian statehood and Palestinian self.
Speaker 3: The question was this must have dismantled. The Palestinians need to decide.
Speaker 5: If they choose AMUS.
Speaker 3: That's okay, David, that is such. What can I say, like should it be dismantled?
Speaker 8: Hamas is an organization that exists in the region that we are talking about.
Speaker 3: Surely you're able to say whether you'd like to see them gone. I mean, it's not up to meet. It's an absolute disgrace.
Speaker 2: Well, Marina Ferruki is set to reap an eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars windfall from an upcoming property sale from her multimillion dollar housing portfolio.
Speaker 3: Now, Patrick, the irony in all of.
Speaker 2: This is that she recently described the housing system in Australia as one that sees millions screwed over while banks and property developers make an absolute killing off the misery of others, but clearly not for her.
Speaker 5: Well, basically, I think she has three or four investment properties in Australia and she's been very strong in saying, you know, these people are making money off the misery of others. She's one of them, and she's been sort of waving about this very high mind and sort of rhetoric about how we must do more. Well she's been profiting. And look, this is a fascinating story. It comes off the back of the Hamas inability to condemn Hamas the other day she's not having a good week issue.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's been having a good week for a long time. In fact, I think the Greens have had a shocker of a year, or at least since October seven.
Speaker 3: Now, France's far.
Speaker 2: Right leader Marine la Penn has joined forces with the Hungarian Prime Minister Victor Aubarn in a new far right alliance in the European Parliament. The Patriots for Europe has become the third largest force in the European Parliament. Patrick of course, this comes after the Penn's party came third in the France election, and now we're seeing these chaotic images coming out of France where the far left have really plunged it into absolute chaos.
Speaker 3: But what do you think this new alliance means?
Speaker 5: Well, look, I think it's perhaps it's an early chapter in the change that you're sort of been waiting for for a long time. It's been run by very leftis center policies for a long time. That is upset a lot of ordinary Europeans across many countries, not just France and Hungary. I think there's twelve countries represented in this in this block basically, and they talk about retaking institutions, they talk about retaking the borders. I mean a lot of Europeans have been very upset about immigration rates, about cost of living, about energy policy, and so on. And this is the penduluance of swinging back, if you like. And we have to wait to see whether it swings back too far. But it's certainly it's overdue, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's definitely overdue.
Speaker 2: But you know, the scenes we're seeing right now across France are just frightening, really, and it's you.
Speaker 3: Know, it could be could it be happening here next? We just simply don't know.
Speaker 2: Now to the US, where Donald Trump is distancing himself from the so called Project twenty twenty five aimed at overhauling the federal government. Now it's been authored by some of his former staffers and members of the Heritage Foundation. But Patrick, why do you think that Trump is trying really hard to distance himself from this.
Speaker 5: Well, you look at Trump at the moment, he's been quieter in the last for the last week and a half than he has been for years. There's a good reason for that. He doesn't want to take the attention away from Joe Biden and the Democrats eating themselves up by trying whether the conundrum of whether they keep an unelectable candidate as their candidate. Look, I think he's being very dishonest in distancing himself from this. Some of his closest colleagues were heavily involved in it, and I think it stands to alienate potentially some of those right wing sort of voters who are more moderate. Talks about banning the abortion pill, it talks about handling the education system. It would scare some of the right of sender voters. And he doesn't need to do that at the moment. He doesn't need to do anything at all. He'd rather have all the attention on Joe Biden and whether he can finish a sentence or not.
Speaker 2: Well, that's sort of been Joe Biden's doing all the media for himself at the moment. Or Donald Trump has to do is sit back and watch the circus unfold right in front of his eyes. He doesn't even have to try. So you raise a good point. Now, we saw over night that Russia launched its largest missile attack on Ukraine in months, striking a children's hospital in Kiev as well as other sites across the country. Patrick, we know dozens have been killed and injured in this. Is it now time to step up more support for Ukraine among Western nations?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Look, I think poor Ukraine has sort of got lost a bid in the whole Gaza story, hasn't it. Certainly for the since October. It's a democracy. It was fighting the Nazis in World War Two and then the Russian ever since, on and off. It is a democratic country that believes in freedoms. Vladimir Putin is not going to stop. He's an imperialist. He's not going to stop until he has Ukraine. There's going to be a winner and there's going to be a loser. And this is the biggest battle that Ukraine has ever faced. It needs all the Western support that it can get to fight the good fight.
Speaker 2: It certainly does, and you're right, it's almost been forgotten, which is sad. Amongst the Middle East conflict. But it's clear Putin will stop at nothing, and that is the frightening part. Patrick Carlyon, good to speak with you, Thanks for joining us. A group of nurses in the UK who are suing their employer for sexual harassment and sex discrimination because of a policy which allows trans women to use their women's changing rooms have spoken publicly for the first time.
Speaker 9: There's nothing in place at the minute to protect women. It's literally a SELFI D situation where any person can just say the idea is a woman and go in.
Speaker 3: Good on them for speaking out.
Speaker 2: Many would be too scared too, because you'd get a strike across your name and assume to be a transfobe for questioning why biological men with male general tools are allowed to whip their kits off in female change rooms under the guise of being trans. Joinning me now is Stephanie Bastian from Women's Forum Australia. Stephanie, thanks for joining us. This perverse ideology has infiltrated multiple institutions, now the NHS.
Speaker 3: And good on these nurses for speaking out.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 11: Good evening, Danaka, and thank you for having me on tonight. Absolutely, but despite the fact that the public pressure on people to keep quiet, they still implemented these policies by self. One of the nurses said that she found out about the policy midway undressing when this man walked into the change rooms.
Speaker 3: That's not good enough. I think that people who are making these decisions are cowards.
Speaker 11: The fact that they haven't communicated these decisions with the nurses demonstrates that, and they should be held accountable. I'm so pleased these nurses are suing because if having a man looking at you on dressing unwanted is not a case of sexual harassment, I don't know what is.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: This is a thing because one of the nurses in the lawsuit claims she was allegedly approached by the transgender colleague while alone in a dressing room and then was repeatedly asked to undress while the colleague was only wearing boxer shorts with genitalia visible. That, in my opinion, constitutes sexual harassment. I think the nurses raise a good point. That's like a self ID check system. Now anyone can just say yep, i'm this, I'm this, and then suddenly you're allowed into any bathroom. Now, a twelve year old schoolboy has been investigated. Would you believe by counter extremism officers after he declared that there are only two genders and that he's against non binary and trans Now, this child in the UK made a video about it and posted it online and has now been referred by his school to prevent the Home Office program that attempts to stop people becoming terrorists. At Stepanie, they actually think he could be at risk of being radicalized here by the far right. This is where society is at. You stand up against this ideology, now suddenly you're on a pathway of extremism.
Speaker 3: These people are dangerous radicals.
Speaker 11: They are totally out of touch with mainstream the people, full stop. I mean the fact that they have referred a twelve year old boy to counter terrorism just shows how dangerous they are. These people should not be looking after children. They have no place and they should be suspended and investigated immediately. I mean, it is so extreme, and I think that they realize that their bad ideas are unpalatable and so they are finding ways to target now, particularly children, in order to force their agenda. I mean, this boy is talking about biological facts. This is almost a case of I would say homophobia by declaring that he is a gay young man. It is an absolute disgrace and requires a big investigation. It's just astonishing that this is where society is headed. Suddenly you have an opinion about something and you're either done for hate speech or now an extremist.
Speaker 3: Where is society going? Seriously? Now?
Speaker 2: JK Rowling has launched a fresh attack on the new UK Prime Minister Kiir Starmer for appointing two women and a qualities ministers now one of them thinks that trans women with penises can use female toilets, and another who said there are different legal definitions for a woman. The author has labeled these comments nonsensical.
Speaker 3: Which they are.
Speaker 2: Stephanie, Thank goodness the UK has people JK Rowling actually standing up for women's rights. When you've got a prime minister appointing two ministers to make things easier for a small number of men who wish to use women's changing.
Speaker 3: Rooms, unbelievable.
Speaker 11: I mean, he's walked back from his commitment to reduce government, but somehow he's appointed not one but two women who't who do not support or recognize biological women's rights. I'm really really concerned about the direction the UK will go under this new government. They were certainly moving in the right direction under the Conservatives. There was a lot going on in terms of understanding gender ideology and in terms of protecting women's rights, and I think that that is really going to decline under this government. I just hope cases such as the NHS one prevail because I don't think this government is going to do much for women. In fact, I think there's going to be further right stripped away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I completely agree with you.
Speaker 2: It's certainly heading into this socialism direction in the UK, and goodness knows what could come out of that. Thank you very much, Stephanie Bastian for joining us. Still to come Lefties Losing It featuring Whoopie Goldberg seeking to a new low in her support for Joe Biden and Josh Hammer reacts to the embarrassing lens Biden's aides have to go to just to make sure the President makes it onto a stage.
Speaker 12: Okay, now it's time.
Speaker 3: For lefties losing it. Let's start with.
Speaker 2: A totally unhinged, borderline uncomfortable rant from the president of the National Education Association, the largest teachers union.
Speaker 3: In the United States.
Speaker 8: We will keep going forward because we are the NIA.
Speaker 1: We are the NI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are the anyway. And that's what we do and what you need to do, Becky Pringle is.
Speaker 2: Be locked up far far away from children, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Now where have I seen a tirade like this before? Blood alone moves the wheels of history never gets old.
Speaker 2: Dwight Shreut now to one of the alleged stars of the Marble series She Hulk, a feminist Disney remake.
Speaker 3: Yep, we know Disney know how to pick him well.
Speaker 2: Actress Tatiana Maslani has blasted a parental rights law which requires schools get consent from parents to change their child's name or pronouns.
Speaker 9: It should not be the control of the parents whether a child's howard, child identifies, how a child knows themselves to be.
Speaker 3: That isn't their parents place. It's an overreach. It's an over each on the part of the provincial government to legislate that. It's absurd. No, what is absurd? Is you, Tatiana?
Speaker 2: Now speaking of derangement, Oh, the old gender benders. We love nothing more than when they keep coming up with brand new, lucrative ways to describe themselves.
Speaker 13: You except that you're a male with other Yeah, every transperson, every trans woman. I mean like it's like, yeah, I'm a male woman, why can't you be a male woman? Like that's that's what y'all don't understand. Like, yeah, I'm not I'm not saying I'm a woman.
Speaker 14: I never said that.
Speaker 13: I'm just saying I'm a male woman. Just treatute like a woman.
Speaker 3: A male woman. Cute. It's kind of cute, isn't it. A new splasher, man is a man and a woman is a woman. Now, if you.
Speaker 2: Are looking for gender neutral terms to call your family members, good new whose this sees the help you've been waiting for?
Speaker 14: Here, darling? Are there gender neutral alternatives to terms like niece and nephew and aren't and uncle?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 14: There are gender neutral term to replace nisa nephew is nibbling. It takes sibling and uses the end from niss and nephew. It was actually coined in nineteen fifty one by Yellinglish Samuel Martin. And similarly, we have pibbling parent sibling, the pe from parent and sibling pibbling to replace aunt and uncle.
Speaker 2: I mean, can you imagine, please let me introduce you to my nibbling and my pibbling, Oh nibbling. Could you please stop nibbling and pass the peas? Please and stop nibbling.
Speaker 3: You're on our last nerve.
Speaker 2: Now over to our friends at the view. What would electies losing it be without Whoopee Goldberg While she's back out there fighting the good fight for Joe Biden, and she's given the president.
Speaker 3: Quite the glow endorsement.
Speaker 4: I don't care if he's pooped his pants. I don't care if he can't put a sentence together.
Speaker 3: Show me he can't do the job, and.
Speaker 4: Then I'll say, Okay, maybe it's time to go lucky Joe.
Speaker 3: What a great advertisement.
Speaker 2: And look, at this point, Whoopee should have just really stopped talking, but she went on and we heard more about her own.
Speaker 3: Bowel issues.
Speaker 4: I have poopy days all the time, all the I step in so much pool, you can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: Well, that explains why puppy Goldberg is so full of you know what, what else would we expect from the same woman who thought Jill Biden was a real doctor.
Speaker 3: Remember when she said this.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping doctor Jill becomes a general because because Joe Biden's white.
Speaker 3: Because she's you know, he would never do. But she Yeah, she's a hell of a doctor.
Speaker 4: She's an amazing doctor.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: They never learned, do they now? From one loan to another. MSNBC host Joy Reid has had a mentally deranged melkdown over Donald Trump.
Speaker 8: If it's Bidenita Cooma, I'm gonna vote for Bidina Coma. I don't even really particularly like the guy. A lot of his palsy don't like him. He's not Donald Trump, right, Yeah, Hitler White House were keeping him out, keeping Project twenty twenty five out. That's all I care about, up and down the ballot, from the root to the Tudor school board, all the way up to White House and everything in between, Governors, members of Congress. I'm just gonna vote all the way down to keep these people out.
Speaker 3: Ah. This woman is clearly broken.
Speaker 2: I mean I've been wondering, how fuck can someone like Joy read spiral down?
Speaker 3: What's her limit?
Speaker 2: I thought maybe she was a already there, but no, she just keeps spiraling her arrangements, knows no bounds. Joe Biden has called into his friends over at MSNBC in a desperate attempt to prove all is well, but ended up sounding like a drunk incoherent mess.
Speaker 6: Read and I've been out on the road so much, all over the country. And while Trump is riding around in his golf cart, filling out his golf cart before a golf cart before you even hits the ball, he hadn't been anywhere in ten days. I'man all over the country.
Speaker 3: Yes, all is well. He then really went off the rails.
Speaker 6: Come on, give me a break, Come with me. Why why I'm getting so frustrated by the elite. Now I'm not talking about you guys, but by the elite in the party who they know so much more. But then in these days, I don't think I should run against me announce the president challenge a Manda connage.
Speaker 2: You did, Hunter Biden help him write his interview notes today And just in case we needed more evidence, the White House is babying the leader.
Speaker 3: Of the free world.
Speaker 2: They announced the President will hold a big boy press conference.
Speaker 15: After that, the President will hold a press conference.
Speaker 9: I guess a big boy press conference we're calling it, and take some questions from you all.
Speaker 16: This week, President Biden will speak to national labor leaders of afl CIO hosts the Needle Summit to show the unprecedented strength of our alliance. Holda press conference, a big boy press conference.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's a big boy.
Speaker 2: Now will they teach him to potty trade next? I'm sure doctor Jill will be on standby to help Jo.
Speaker 17: You did such a great job. You answered every question.
Speaker 2: Do you want speaking of who is actually running for president?
Speaker 3: It's stage mom, doctor Jill.
Speaker 17: For all the talk out there about this rate, Joe has made it clear that he's all in and just as always as he has supported my career, I'm all into.
Speaker 3: Hi, bet you are, doctor Jill.
Speaker 2: Let's bring a newswak Senior editor at Large and article three projects Senya Counsel Josh Haba. Josh, what exactly is a big boy press conference? I mean, how much longer can the White House keep training him like a toddler?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 15: You know, your guest is as good as mine. I have no idea what a big boy press conference is supposed to be, but I'm happy that you played that clip of doctor Jill Biden congratulating Joe Biden after the debate for actually answering every question. Look, what you're seeing is not just the infantilization of the American presidency. It's actually much worse than just infantilizing the purported leader of the free world. What you've seen now, Axio, some other American political alets have started to report. You're now seeing the media cop up to an omit the fact that Biden's handlers, even inside the White House for the past year and a half, two years at least, maybe even longer than that, have prevented information that the commander in chief ought to know from getting to him. He is not the one making the decisions here. And that ought to trouble every single person, not just in America, but frankly all over the world. And it just deeply ironic even above that, because this is the Democratic Party, they're making a whole stink of the fact that Donald Trump allegedly represents a mortal threat to American democracy. They call themselves the Party of Democracy. I mean, don't look at the fact that they're prosecuting and trying to incarcerate the political opposition. But even holding that massive thing aside for a second, how's a democratic to not even know who was running the country. How is it democratic to now openly talk of trying to do a coup at the convention and top all the guy that your own primary voters just voted for. That would be the end tips of democracy eleas as I understood. So there's more wrong here than I possibly could get to in our conversation. But these clips, at a bare minimum, ought to be deeply disturbing.
Speaker 3: Well, they are dig platostobic.
Speaker 2: And you know, I've got to ask the question, who is actually running for president?
Speaker 3: Is it Joe or Jill?
Speaker 15: So I think that it's lady macbeth, Jill Biden, I mean, Lady Mick Biden. I guess if you will. I mean, she is the one who's calling the shots here. And you know, I've been speculating that for a while, that she really is the woman behind the curtain, so to speak, and now the media here in the United States seems to be picking up on that. I have no idea what she wants. I mean, Look, Joe Biden has been in Washington, D C. For a half century. He first got to the US Senate in nineteen seventy four. He's run for president three or four times. The first time was before I was even born, back in nineteen eighty eight. What war could you want? I mean, you've had the reigns of power, and you know, even holding aside this Lady Macbeth just zeal for or power. If you are a wife, shouldn't you have some sense of humiliation and shame when your husband gets out there and just completely embarrasses himself in front of the entire world the way that he did on that CNN presidential debate. Even if Joe Biden is not an American patriot, and I have good reasons for suspecting that she probably is not a staunch patriot. Even if you're not, surely you care as a wife to your to your spouse who the most recent reports showed the mate Parkinson's disease medical experts now coming into the White House. It's a mess. It's an absolute mess. But yes, Joe Biden is definitely not calling the shots. He's definitely not the one who's who's receiving the class wide information every morning in the President's daily brief. He's not the one who's making the life or death decisions with the with the nuclear football. And again, as an American myself, I gravely fear for this country, and everyone around the world ought to care because America obviously is still a superpower, at least at least nominally speaking.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's extremely concerning when theater of the free world has been reduced to a baby and is no longer calling the shots. And now it's been revealed that for his events, President Biden's staff has actually prepare a short document with large print and photos that include his precise path to a podium, but not.
Speaker 3: That he ever gets it right. But how tragic.
Speaker 2: I mean, the guy can't even walk into a straight line to the podium without some direction.
Speaker 15: But here's here's the irony of ol okay, So Axios, I'm happy you fly to Axios. Axios is a liberal Google funded outlet here that is in the tank for democrats, and Axios, like many of the liberal corporate media here in America, has now gone all in over the past week and a half trying to shunt by his side Axios for the For the two years prior to that, two and a half years, every single time one of us, like myself, had the temerity, had the hood spot to get up there and say, oh, Joe Biden's not fully there. Have you seen his mental and physical decline, they would say, shut up, you deplorable right wing maga kuka, and they just said it over and over again, and now they're flipping on a switch and they're basically just racing The New York Times, CNN, USA Today, Axos. They're just racing to see who can be the first on any given day ending and why to produce the latest bombshell story. Sorry, media, it's only a bombshell to you because you deliberately buried your head in the sand trying to cover for your precious for the past few years. This was not a bombshell to any of us. We all saw this coming there. So the whole thing again, it would be simply farcical if it were not so utterly dangerous. I mean, my number one thought when I was watching that CNN presidential debate that the thought I had over and over again was oh my god. I mean, what conversations are they having right now in Beijing. I mean, you know that she Jimping is on the phone with the People's Liberation Army. They're probably saying, let's go invade Taiwan, probably the day after tomorrow. So it would be merely pathetic if it weren't so actually dangerous.
Speaker 2: A spot on in the White House is more concerned of whether or not the president could walk in a straight line to podium.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, there's actually big global.
Speaker 2: Issues out there and that's completely.
Speaker 3: Being ignored now.
Speaker 2: A former Obama advisor, Van Jones, has suggested that Vice President Krmala Harris is effectively being positioned as the party's de facto nominee, regardless of President Joe Biden's official status in the race.
Speaker 3: I mean, talk about desperation.
Speaker 2: Krmala Harris has been one of the most unelectable people in Democrat history, and yet she's the de facto.
Speaker 15: Look, Kamala Harris is a bad politician. I mean, she did not win a single primary vote in the twenty twenty Democratic Party primary. She was out well before Iowa, which voted first that year in the caucuses. She was explicitly tapped to be the vice president solely for identity politics reasons. And you know, if that's really the Democrats best shop, then that says a lot about the current state of their party. But she really is the only viable alternative at this point to Joe Biden for multiple reasons. The one reason is what I just said that ThisDay Party in twenty twenty two, as selected Katanji Brown Jackson to be their new Supreme Court justice explicitly because she was a black woman. So the notion that they would somehow skip over Kamala Harris to go pick Gavin Newsom or Gretchen Whitmoer or anyone who is not a specifically black or maybe Hispanic woman, the notion that they would do that is ludicrous. If that's not who this party is. They are an intersectional identity politics worshiping cult to their core in the year twenty twenty four. But the second reason why it can't be anyone other than Kamala Harris is because in America, our campaign financial laws are somewhat complicated. But essentially, if you donate to the Biden Harris campaign, and right now that campaign has over two hundred million dollars sitting in its bank accounts, you can't just then transfer that money to a different entity. That money either sits there there or it might go back to the donors, or maybe it goes to the DNC, the Democratic National Committee. Frankly, it's actually an open question as to whether that money would even stay there if Joe Biden drops out, because say it's Harris Whitmer, it's a different entity. So it's legally untested as it is, but if they want any chance of keeping that two hundred plus million dollars, it would have to be common law. But again, the fact that this is the choice that Democrats are facing, I think, says everything he needs to know about the current state of their party.
Speaker 2: Jay Spakes Volumes, doesn't it? That's incredible to hear. Now, Look, Donald Trump looks likely to announce his vice president just before or during the Republican National Convention next week.
Speaker 3: Who do you think he might go with?
Speaker 15: Well, I'll tell you who I think he should go with, and he happens to be one of the front runners. So my answer is basically the same both ways. I think that he should go with JD. Evans, who is the young, precocious, thirty nine year old sender from Ohio. And I'll explain to you why. You know, a lot of people when they start playing the vice presidential sweepstakes game, they start doing a little checklist. Okay, who fits a certain demographic box.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 15: That's why you hear a lot of talk about Tim Scott because he's a black man in the US Senate, or maybe Ben Carson, who is the black former hut director. And then you see some people talk about who is in a certain key state. Okay, maybe Glenn Youngkin in Virginia. To me, jd Vance is the best pick for at least two very important reasons. One is, if you get down to brass tacks, the way that you win a presidential election in the United States is via the electoral college. It is a race to two hundred and seventy electoral votes. Right now, Donald Trump has a commanding lead, and essentially what we call the sun Belt down here. That's Nevada, Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, all of the warmer weather states where it's still sometimes within the margin of era, not always, but where it is still sometimes within the margin of era in the polling is the Rust Belt. So Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan specifically, Trump's going to have to win at least one of those three. Now he's in good shape right now, frankly in all three, especially Pennsylvania. But that's really where you want to double down.
Speaker 3: That happens to.
Speaker 15: Be jd Vance's core base right there. He is a guy from Ohio who wrote a famous book called Hillbilly Elegy. He speaks to white working class voters in the Roust Belt better than anyone currently on Trump's list. And the other reason why I think he's the best pick right now is because, as I mentioned, he's a very young guy. He's thirty nine years old. He speaks to the discontent that millennials and Gen Z have, to the boomers who have spent like drunken sailors who have been trying to march all around the world, invading countries to no avail and so forth. And at a time when Democrats are currently hemorrhaging youth support as it is, I think Jdvans can only solidify that exodus of young voters from the Democrats to the Republican Party.
Speaker 2: Well, it's going to be very interesting. We'll be watching that announcement very closely. Now, just before we let you go, woke activist Gropes are opposing a sex trafficking bill in California, complaining that it will would you believe it harm the LGBTQ community and people of color, listen to this.
Speaker 10: Studies have shown that LGBTQ people, particularly gay and transgendered individuals, are more likely to be charged with sex offenses compared to their heterosexual counterparts. For instance, LGBTQ individuals are nine times more likely to be charged with sodomy.
Speaker 3: Measures like SB.
Speaker 10: Fourteen fourteen lead to higher rates of incarceration, longer sentences, and increase difficulties in fighting, housing, and employment tabe.
Speaker 2: We can hardly be surprised, Josh. This is a sort of response we get from the woke activists.
Speaker 3: What on earth is going on here?
Speaker 15: So look, I mean, if you're trying to pass a bill that is a child safety bill, probably the number one thing that is happening in America and in all Western nations across the world for that matter, that is the antithesis of child safety is genital mutilation and chemical castration that comes about via so called gender affirming care, which is currently one of the greatest things that the LGBT Rainbow movement has going for it. I mean, they very much adore these so called gender affirming surgeries. Again, I refer to it usually as chemical castration or gentle mutilation. So it kind of goes out saying that if you are part of this woke LGBT mafia, then you are going to oppose a bill in the name of child safety. But you know, The silver lining is when I see a story like this, the people who come out in opposition to a common sense legislation like this, they're only ultimately making a fool of themselves. And if you are kind of a sensible, moderate, middle of the road person out there still trying to decide where to put your political loyalties, you see a video like that and you say, wow, I want nothing to do with.
Speaker 2: Them your spot on. I think many people can share that view. Josh Hammer, thank you for joining us. Still to come, Nigel Farages reform UK are accused of building fake AI generated candidates more with Darren Grimes.
Speaker 3: Next welcome back.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is gb News host Darren Grimes.
Speaker 3: Darren, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: Let's start with the new UK Prime Minister Kia Stamer, who is set to meet with Joe Biden at the White House for their first face to face meeting. Look, I've got to say, hopefully Joe Biden stays awake long enough to actually.
Speaker 3: Greet the upm. But what can we expect from these talks?
Speaker 1: Well, look, I think you may be onto something there. Right, It'll be nothing short of a miracle if secure Starmer with all the charisma of an automated voice from one of those big corporates telling you that your call is important to them, driving you absolutely spare. It'll be a miracle if that man doesn't send this ailing president.
Speaker 3: Straight to sleep.
Speaker 1: So you're absolutely spot on. But look, I think what's crucial here is that Sekre Starmer wants to immediately start discussions on issues like Ukraine, on demanding a ceasefire in Israel. He has big populations with Muslim votes and that's a real key issue to a lot of his voter base. Now, to me, and I'm sure many viewers agree with this, I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit of tension with this new Prime minister on issues we face here at home right, domestic issues which are many mass migration. You've got a legal migration of the kind that Australia once saw, chronic housing shortages, healthcare waiting lists, swallen class sizes in part thanks to that mass migration that I speak of. And yet this war that shows as in Ukraine, especially showing all signs of ceasing that we've pumped billions into in arms and cash, that's viewed as more important to the incoming Prime minister than domestic issues. And let's not forget right that Ukraine is a nation that was dismissed by natal has been a little bit too.
Speaker 3: Corrupt for them.
Speaker 1: So I'm not sure many of the British people are going to have that much sympathy for this Prime minister focusing resolutely and doggedly on these issues as far as foreign policy is concerned. Over the many pressing issues that we face in this country domestically, we've got serious issues here. It cannot be overstated.
Speaker 3: Now, that's a good point, and I've got to say the UK looks like it for quite a ride.
Speaker 2: Keir Starmer says he wants to reduce the number of people going into prison.
Speaker 3: He says there's too many in the system.
Speaker 2: So Darren not only will he resume processing asylum applications for illegal arrivals, it looks like he's going to let criminals out soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You couldn't make it up, really, could you doubt I'm alone in thinking that this is all gone to bite the nation royally in the backside, right, I mean, the new Labor Prisons Minister has said that only a third of the Britain of the British prison population should actually be behind bars. Now he's made laudable moves in his own career in his key cutting business, which is quite a large business here in Britain, at hiring former offenders. Now, that sort of thing, I think is an initiative we can get behind. We are all forgiven for giving sinners right, none of us are beyond redemption, if you go back many a moon. We used to believe that. But I think that's quite different, though quite different to suggesting that criminals ought to be not to not be banged up at all by approving automatic release of convicts less than halfway through the sentence to actually free up prison population. Right, we already live in a country in which criminals don't fear repercussions for theft, for vandalism, for burglaries, the sort of sites you would see in San Francisco. They're very much coming to London. We're having to lock up basic goods and food stuffs to avoid them being ransacked from supermarkets. Now, these things happen without investigation in many cases, and it doesn't take a genius right to figure out that if criminality goes unpunished, then more people will be tempted to take it up as their own tax free profession. So I just wonder how many people would have voted for the Labor Party had they placed this get out of jail free card quite literally into their manifestal. And of course, on illegal migration, granting amnesty to those that have arrived here illegally, that is utter madness. How do we know these people don't wish us harm? Why are they here? We don't want them here? And I'm afraid it's quite as simple as that for the British public.
Speaker 2: Well, look, it sounds like a complete recipe for disaster, doesn't it, And it's just going to keep spiraling out.
Speaker 3: Of control From here.
Speaker 2: I want to go through Kia Starmer's new cabinet. It looks like a complete psycho circus. You've got the new Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice Shabana ma Muda, pro Palestine activists with a history of anti Israel pro Gazas sentiments. You've got the UK's new Foreign Secretary David Lammy, who well, I mean he thinks that men can grow a cervix.
Speaker 18: I don't know if it's transphobic, but it's not accurate, nick, I mean, obviously it's probably the case only that transfim in don't have over it's but a cervix, I understand, is something that you can have following various procedures and hormone treatment and all the rest of it.
Speaker 3: And we can't forget this iconic Lammy moment.
Speaker 18: It feels like neighborhood policing has vanished.
Speaker 6: It's not around you.
Speaker 18: We haven't seen a police while I've been here, and I've been here for a little while now.
Speaker 2: Darren, look a bunch of complete weirdos by the sounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I mean a miss mood just as Secretary. You know, she tried pandering to the extremists within the United Kingdom with those more extreme elements, at least within the British mainstream, I guess you could argue, and that hasn't worked out because the sheer levels of intimidation and threats that she was met with during the general election just show that pandering to these hate marches and the hate marchers that have marched on our streets every weekend since October seventh doesn't get you anywhere. They don't want to reason. They actually would quite like to overthrow the system of the United Kingdom, so you've got to stand resolutely against them, and hopefully misbemoved might see that now after that general election experience in which he did receive really quite abhorrent intimidation. But on David Lammy, I mean, there is no redemption for this man. He really is a plank. I mean, I honestly don't know how this man managed to get a university degree. It is quite extraordinary. I'm often told by the left right that I am uneducated because I don't actually have a degree. But when people like that within the Labor Shadow Cabinet in the now Cabinet are spouting out these nonsense banalities, well you sort of think a degree clearly in all that helpful in modern Britain is it? And I'm afraid to say, in many respects, these are diversity and inclusion hires that are going to not serve the British public one iota. And it's the same old Labor Party folks. They keep saying they've changed. They really haven't. You should be there on talent and I tell you what, David Lammy, well he ain't got much of that.
Speaker 2: Well clearly, I mean, as you said, the guy is a complete plank. Now, look the rice to replace Raschie Sounac as Tory later is unificially underway.
Speaker 3: Who's in the running here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the Tories believed to actually be preparing their bids include the former Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick, the former Home Secretary Pretty Petail. There's a security minister, Tom tougan Hat and the former Business secretary Kemmy Badknock. Now, according to the betting markets, Kemmy Badknock actually currently stands the greatest chance. But the makeup of the Parliamentary Party it's changed so significantly by the sheer numbers of loss, so it's very difficult to actually predict which direction the party will move in, whether that be you know what, an attempt to return to some attempt at half baked centrist conservatism. You know, I'm thinking more Malcolm Turnbull than Tony Abbott, or whether or not they try and go and actually give conservatism a chance which has won elections for the party. Might I say many times in the past you could argue in twenty nineteen bolstering the Nation state telling people that you would lower immigration, which they didn't, which is why they lost, by the way, But telling people that you're bos at the nation state, quite a conservative, small c conservative message, but they didn't succeed in that mission. So I say, give conservatism a go and you might win some elections. But suwella Bravman, the former Home Secretary who's been a key figure on the right of the party, is said to be losing support to the former Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick for being two right wing, for speaking out pretty plainly dare I say, in quite an ozzie thing on issues like LGBT, the new trans madness, puberty blockers, hormone treatments, you name it. She's been speaking out on this as well as immigration, and some members of the party are saying she's two right wing. Well I'm sorry, where has Where did was she soon that get you right? Where did this trying to be everything to everyone actually get you? What did that achieve? So I'm hoping, I'm really hoping that the party wakes up to that otherwise, So tell you what, Nigel Farage is going to be laughing all the way to the ballot box.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of Nigel Farage and Reform UK, they've come under pressure to provide evidence that it's candidates that the general election were all real people.
Speaker 3: What's that about?
Speaker 1: This is an absurdity. So this guy that we've got on screen there right now, he was actually on the channel I work for called gb News in this country, So he is real.
Speaker 3: He does exists, I promise.
Speaker 1: Apparently he had edited his tie to look more in keeping with the Reform UK Light blue, which is fair enough. But you know, all of the hysteria, especially on Twitter or x, has been absolutely hysterical. And it's from those And I tell you what this is. It's really quite simple. It's from those who seek to destroy and denegrate the four million votes that Reform One as a fledgling new party. Four weeks worth of campaigning is all Nigel Farage actually undertook and they won four million votes and five seats in the House of Commons under our pretty damn destroyed electoral system. But he did that right, And they try to dismiss that electoral success by saying, oh, well, a lot of your people standing your party weren't real. You must be swayed by put in bots, Nigerian bots I've heard, or what a ponchant for putinesque, you know, anti Ukraine sentiment. It's all just a lord of nonsense to try and diminish the party's success, because the party actually came second in a hell of a lot of Labor Party constituencies that are in the so called Red Wall, that is, the working class parts of England. So I think actually this is all part of the left freaking out at reform success and wanting to actually seek to destroy in any way it can.
Speaker 2: That's very very clear. Darren Grimes, good to speak with you, Thank you very much for joining us tonight, and that's it from me. Up next is Newsnight, good Night.