Speaker 1: Five double a football post match callers.
Speaker 2: One last inside fifty, a merciful.
Speaker 3: Siren sounds and sees the Hawks right out sixty six point winners at Adelaide Oval, which by my account makes it Adelaide's equal third worst loss.
Speaker 2: Ever at Adelaide Oval. Those last two goals saved.
Speaker 3: Them from the ignoming of it being the worst ever loss at their home ground.
Speaker 2: What do you say, Campo, I mean.
Speaker 4: That was just I was a demolition from the quarter time. We said at halftime, well didn't we It was one round all at half time, but with.
Speaker 2: The knockout came pretty quickly after that.
Speaker 4: The knockout came in that third quarter, they just went whack, to be honest, and then we just didn't get any better from there. And to be honest, Adelaide didn't respond at all. You know, that'd be the disappointing thing. We know that that they do do that, you know, but they lose their second quarter by twenty one points, they lose the third quarter by twenty seven and then twenty four in the last so it just kept building after quarter time in terms of the lead. And the damning one is this one.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 4: They kick thirteen of the last fifteen goals Hawthorne, So it was only the last two goals. So Hawthorne potentially kicked thirteen straight before Adelaide were able to get back and kick a couple of token ones at the end.
Speaker 5: So that's a damning number.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, You know what, there are moments in footy that take your breath away and then they're sort of yeah, the last hour that takes your breath away in a different way, Like Hawthorne sucked the oxygen out of the game for Adelaide.
Speaker 2: They just they couldn't.
Speaker 3: I mean we should, We should talk and give credits where credits due, Yeah, because Adelaide were a rawfull But this is a quality young up and coming soon in Hawthorne, aren't. They have done a superb job putting this team together.
Speaker 4: But we said pre game, let's not get it was a gritty win by Adelaide last week.
Speaker 5: But there was holes in the game.
Speaker 2: We said it before the game.
Speaker 4: It's like there's some things that they're just not you know.
Speaker 5: Once again, the contested ball.
Speaker 4: They won the first quarter and then were obliterated after that. They allowed Hawthorne to control the ball with nut contested marks.
Speaker 5: They had seventy three.
Speaker 4: They just and then there was a handball received that that was the big one that they just could not get control of the game.
Speaker 5: So one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 4: Three to eighty nine, there's plus forty from that perspective. They just couldn't get pressure on the ball. And then ultimately Hawthorne's pressure was outstanding, like really from start to finish. They were at even that first quarter when Adelaide scored. We mentioned it during the first quarter it was like two twenty to one seventy eight or something in terms of the pressure rating, but.
Speaker 5: They were just Adelaide.
Speaker 4: To be honest, they'll be a bit share shell shocked after this one Adelaide, I would have thought, because that takes the wind out of the sales. I know there's a couple of players out, but the way the game was played, they wouldn't be taking a lot out of that.
Speaker 3: You're at home. You can't get embarrassed with that. On game ground, well, they've.
Speaker 4: Been all year they will, to be honest, they haven't played well, but that's you lose games afford to you, and that was embarrassing.
Speaker 3: They had blokes running around doing their signature celebrations for five goals in a.
Speaker 2: Row and there was no response. There was no resistance.
Speaker 5: Well, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: The only response was Max Michael and he punching Dylan Moore and then they go after that.
Speaker 5: So we're five minutes to go on the game.
Speaker 3: After the game, thanks to acet Transport solutions, if you need something delivered, don't risk it acit, aceit transport dot are you.
Speaker 6: Let's just do this because let's give Hawthorne some praise.
Speaker 1: And you know in rebuilds it's Holler Club.
Speaker 6: Now when we talk holder club, you've got to have recruiters get the right talent. You've got to have a list manager that puts the right group together, and you've got to actually have a coach that's asking them this is what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: Now, I look at let's go back to twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: We can go a little bit further back, but let's just go back to twenty twenty and the three clubs that were around the same mark for a couple of years were Hawthorne, Fremantle and the Crows. Okay, so twenty twenty Crows finished bottom, Hawthorne finished fifteenth, Freemantle twelfth. Twenty twenty one Crows finished fifteenth, Hawthorne finished fourteenth and eleventh. So they're getting the same sort of picks through this period. If you go to twenty twenty two, Crows finished fourteenth, Hawthorne finished one game above them in thirteenth. Freemantle had a little bit of a spike ended up in the ape, but then they dropped back the next year twenty twenty three, last year Crows had their spike year. Want for a bit of luck, they could have made the top eight. They finished tenth, Hawthorn sixteenth, Freemantle fourteenth. Now when you look at that, there are two teams that have had for five years the same opportunity to draft with a strategy.
Speaker 1: Now we know the Crow's strategy.
Speaker 2: It's talent list.
Speaker 6: So they will get a list of one to whatever, and when your number comes up, you pick that bloke.
Speaker 1: That's all it can be.
Speaker 6: Tell it not need Hawthorne and Freemantle have done in that period and go and have a look at their midfield, and go and have a look at their picks. And I can do it, but I don't want to do it now, But I can do it because I have done it, because I look at Hawthorn and look at Freeman with real envy. And Campo has said to me, if he hasn't said it once, he said it one hundred times. He said, Rowie midfields win premierships.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't want to have to go through and.
Speaker 1: Say what they got, what we got, what we've done. We're here, we're here, we're here.
Speaker 2: You can do it off the top of your head.
Speaker 5: You can you can just pick.
Speaker 6: Percing Freemantle's midfield if you've seen this blokest field.
Speaker 3: But you can think and think they'd got freuded so wrong and young in one year. These guys have done sort of day and ward and so forth they did.
Speaker 6: They picked thirteen twenty nine eight. That was the year we got Fisher Magazine. Warple have picked forty five, we got Andy mcpherst.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 6: I don't want to do this because it's just not fair. New Com was a mid season draft. So that's an outstanding pick. I mean, anyone could have got it, but that was an outstanding pick. Nash they got in twenty sixteen. I could go through the other blokes, but clearly their coach, which is Sam Mitcheller, said I know how I want to play, and I know what I want to coach and I know what I need.
Speaker 3: Well, they were ruthless too because they flicked the brown. Let me right and exactly, Miror, that'spent a lot to get And he.
Speaker 6: Said he would have said I've won three flags. Midfield's one that he had Hodge on the back line. We had a couple of good players up Ford, Ruffed and Franklin. But I we got it to him and we worked both ways. I mean, I know how to win flags. Freemantle's the same freemanles Midfield. I said that who was I was with Tredders this week and I said, midfields win flag and I said, if you have a look at the three best midfields in the company. Didn't know what I was going to say. I said, well, Simmons is clearly really good one. I think Brisbane isn't bloody bad. And I had the third.
Speaker 1: Best was Freemantle.
Speaker 6: This bloke's they're probably the fourth and they're playing like the top fourteen.
Speaker 2: Or the other one later up there, which we know.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: The other one is the Bulldogs there come like shit maybe, but they've always had a good correct well they won one in two sixteen on the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So so you know there's no surprise. I mean this, this isn't a.
Speaker 6: Surprise to me, because I did say I was fearful that this was going to happen. I watched Hawthorn the last two or three weeks and it's on the back of the midfield. The scramble, the spread, the loose ball, the link cup. They just go hammer and tong. They're quick, they're skillful, and they get it forward cross midfield is pedestrian and classless.
Speaker 2: This is this is what happens.
Speaker 1: Let's get to what happens. Tampo smiling, But it's the truth.
Speaker 4: Well, they've invested in their forward, in key position players. That's I guess what you're arguing. It is you are now not necessarily the talent that's come in. It's where the talent's come in, is what you're doing.
Speaker 6: But it's that And I've said the last years were twenty fifteen to twenty nineteen and and in order it went, leave it gone mcgovernor gone.
Speaker 1: Do they gone?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 6: Now, even if they just had a seat in that one year, We've got to pick a buddy midfield this year because Rory's going to get old, Lead's going to get Old Matt Crouch is going to get old Brett Crouch is probably going to do something and leave.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: You got to You've got to get midfielders, and they just haven't.
Speaker 3: No, no, none, All right, let's take some calls eight double two three double o double will start in West Croydon, John Good evening.
Speaker 9: Good evening, and I'll try and keep this as professional as possible. How Matthew Nicks escapes the scrutiny that he should have applied to him has got me beat. I really don't understand it. If you go through and I've been listening to you guys for a long time about midfield, and does we don't have the midfield, We don't have a certain players. He's in his fifth year, his coaching record is nothing short of abysmal, to be quite frank, and we have people at this club that are either in a permanent coma and can't see what's going on. Right because Matthew Nicks should not have got extended. I understand that we're short in some places, but in terms of Matthew Nick's asking the recruiting people of what he wants and he continually plays guys that have sub part performances week after week, year after year. Matthew Nicks should not be in the in the role. To be quite frank, he should be sacked. That's where we should be at this point in time.
Speaker 6: I mean for the teller he's got. I mean that was bad. But sorry to cut you off, John, We'll get you back. But I reckon he's done a bloody good job. There are selections and the playing of Murphy and the keys early now he's on a half wall.
Speaker 2: There were things that they've got wrong.
Speaker 1: But God, for the list he's got, would you say, bloody good job?
Speaker 10: Nory.
Speaker 1: Sorry John.
Speaker 9: At the end of the day, At the end of the day, it's the win loss record. You cannot you cannot have a coach in his fifth year signed up for another two years with a win loss record. He's got today what happened today after halftime And it's not just this game. It's happened year on year in Matthew Nixon's tenure.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry he's not.
Speaker 9: Apprenticeship coach Tim Silvers is kidding himself.
Speaker 6: Well, that's what they said from the board down. He is our next premiership coach.
Speaker 3: The resigning decision, I know this is probably not the time of the place, but that was.
Speaker 11: That is a head scratcher, complete head scratcher. Well, on the back of a good year last year, they expected it to spike. They lost the first five games. They got pre season horribly wrong.
Speaker 6: Campo was all over it said, oh god, they're talking a bit too positive.
Speaker 1: They put a bit of pressure on themselves.
Speaker 6: Then they couldn't live up to it and they got it wrong because they lost ray heally and they went a bit in the defensive and they got a bit confused about the ball movement and for the first five rounds they'd have quarters where they'd do well.
Speaker 2: It was the glimpses of twenty.
Speaker 1: Three and in those cars I was saying to camp are we back?
Speaker 2: Are we back? You know what?
Speaker 1: It was, No, you're not there round twenty and no they're not.
Speaker 2: There was no.
Speaker 3: Expectation in twenty three. It was house money. It would have been nice to see maybe a month to footy.
Speaker 6: But it was a crew that was a great well, well they were the number one is this is the loser language of the Odelaide Football Club.
Speaker 1: Now he's ay good?
Speaker 5: Oh they had they came back.
Speaker 2: God, how sad is talking.
Speaker 6: About the Crows gotten that they were the number want a teching team last year.
Speaker 1: That was something to build.
Speaker 3: Can we hang in the banner somewhere? What do you reckon under the Gavin wagon stand? Remember twenty twenty three we came tenth and with a business Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, well that VHS.
Speaker 12: That's great.
Speaker 6: Hello, Philip camp I was upset in the game, and now it was upset after that.
Speaker 1: And fancy fancy me being the man of.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I've lost it. I'm calling in a second, Hello Philip.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Hi, hi boys, I guess I guess you're not. You're never going to win too many games when you only score three goals after a court of time. But I just sort of get some positive out of the game. Now. We obviously fourth onn Cane dowlad today, but you haven't look the way they play, the way they set up. And this is what gives me hope for Adelaide is that they'll always have a triangle formulation when they're when they've got position and they're out wide the old fake. If they fake to go in, there's always somebody on the outside. There's even another player on the inside, so if one gets covered They've got an option to go in the opposite direction. Same when there's a ball coming in high for a mark they position. It's where they position themselves when a mark is attempted, so that if the mark doesn't get taken, they're going to be in the more often than not, in the right position to get the ball and to get it out to continue attacking. This is why I think I'm not too fussed about Nix's coaching. I think what they need to do is have a dn good look at the way Hawthorne played today, especially the last three recorded, and have a look at their system. And that's why I think that no matter what you list, there's a hope for you, hope for your team to at least put up a you know, a commendable performance each week and win more often than not. Is the system and the way you play. Yes, they do. There is there is players missing or know and there they haven't got a great bot of depth I suppose at the moment, But you know, I often think it's about the system and what they've gotten the way they play, and if they worked on that, but'd be a lot better.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well they're working on these shape I mean big out Jordan Dawson ranking the shape after quarter time was absolutely pathetic.
Speaker 7: Hello Richard, Hi there, how are you guys?
Speaker 2: You're on that suths up? Go for it.
Speaker 1: By sixty six, Richard, We're all yours.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Look I was.
Speaker 7: I was at the game. I had to leave early, and my eleven year old daughter Giggy said to me, she said, we should all chip in and get Mixie a puffer to go down so that he actually sits on the sideline and and gives the players a bit of a river.
Speaker 1: Well, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you a sideline guy, Campo or I'm not. You're a box man, aren't you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I am, But I I prefer to sit upstairs only from a strategy point of view, I feel like you can see the game a fair bit better than what you are.
Speaker 4: But I understand why they do go down there. But ultimately it's one of those ones that you know, it's personal choice and you've got to have great trust with you with your assistance up in the coach.
Speaker 6: Yes, Goodwin coaches on the bench won a flag. The Collingwood coach won a flag on the bench. Brisbane's coach coaches on the bench, I mean there's then there's a few.
Speaker 5: Of the gone down personal choice.
Speaker 4: He has gone down there a little bit, and then he went back up there when it was gone a bit pe shape season.
Speaker 7: Hello, Richard, As you said, they was the number one team last year and this year, what's gone wrong? It's not the players, well, well.
Speaker 5: Well it is.
Speaker 4: It's a combination. It's clearly the strategy of how they.
Speaker 5: Want to move the ball.
Speaker 4: Number one has changed or they haven't been able to get into the rhythm of that. Number two teams are defending them much better than what they were last year, because that's what happens when you're the number one team in the comp.
Speaker 5: Everyone looks what you're want to do.
Speaker 4: So then and we saw it tonight, didn't we row it again? As soon as they go slow, wide and to the boundary, it plays into the opposition hand and you get opened up on the flip side of number three.
Speaker 5: The list is not.
Speaker 4: Playing anywhere near collectively as well as what they have done in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: So it's all that, all of the Richard.
Speaker 8: There was plenty of attack last week.
Speaker 7: This week it was just in sippers. I mean, it was just I don't know what went wrong between last week and this week. The only person that's accountable is you know, as the coach. I mean that's the person that inspires them, and then you know the board, they're the ones that make the decision. So someone's got to be a I think opposition.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 4: Essen At a ranked fifteen that defense last week and Hawthorne a second in the last nine week. So there's the difference right there.
Speaker 6: It was quality, quality of opposition, Richard, keep the calls coming in eight double two to three double A, double A. After the game thanks to a set transport solutions, Crows lost by sixty six points.
Speaker 2: That's eleven goals according to my math.
Speaker 1: Hello Adam, oh, guys.
Speaker 10: I want to give credit to Hawthorne. They were just they completely outplayed the Crows and who saw the vibrancy in their team and if you saw it live, well then it can't shake your head and say that's just a one hit wonder top of performance because they've been playing light way for weeks now. But I just want to just a few quick points and I want to take I want to to go you Rowie respectfully. I want to go at you now. Firstly, I agree with Will cannot even assume that that was a head scratching decision in Gatheround where they actually gave Matthew Knicks an extension gather Round, So we're talking first month of football head scratching decision. I'd say that's a dumb decision, not a head scratching decision. Dumb Why you do it in the first month of football beyond me. Why wouldn't you wait until at least sort of like approaching finals and just analyze how you've been going. Secondly, this is the other thing on that issue. I've gather around Roe. You invited John Olsen onto your program. You asked him this question, why have the board why have you given Matthew Knicks an extension? And his reply was, I quote, well why not go back and get the interview. That's exactly what he said, Well why not? This is round three. Now, you get him back on the program this week, ask him the same question again and get into him. Stop being soft. You were soft with that reply then, and I think the closed members need a decent We need a decent person like yourself to ask that question. Nobody carrying on during the year and going on about the list management. They made a crappy decision at Gatheround. And the other thing that really absolutely angered me today was after about the twelve minute mark of the second quarter, we had about a group of ten or twelve Crows players out there ball watching. They were mesmerized by Hawthorne. Now, if you're going to be mesmerized by Hawthorne, get out of the team. We don't want to see there. You're there to put in an a decent performance, an honest performance. And last week's performance as good as it was, and I was on and I said it was courageous, and it was, but they were playing a rabble in Essendon and you only you have to have a look at this week's result to see that that was actually a fact. They played a rabble. They played a decent young team this week that are absolutely inspiring everyone around them, and they didn't rely on the veterans in the Hawthorne team. Both kids and I'm talking Hawthorne players jumped up and stepped up beyond belief today and they put on a show. And yet we have players in the pros team mesmerized and bull watching, and I'm talking senior players as well. It's just got to stop. It has to stop. Please Rowie, get the chairman on John Olsen, ask him that question because he did it doing gather around and you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Adam, you're passionate.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 1: I can't query any of that an actual fact. I'm going to give you this good call.
Speaker 16: Hello, Zion, careful, you know you know what the old boys like Ralei. He's straight to the point. Lily said to me yesterday. If Nick stays in as as coach, we will never win a premiership again, will never actually be respected in the AFL. Because I'm gonna be honest, boy, but I was in Melbourne last week. Literally, we are known as the most gutless club in the AFL at the moment. We're not roof for fight we used to be. Adlai wears the state colors. There's just no gaps, there's no It doesn't feel like the club that I grew up. You know, you remember what I was Viros when we first do you remember what Dad was, you know, with Norwood and the Crows when it was one of the first moss back in the day. Mate, Like even mom my old man can't go watch the boys play anymore. Like me and Mom still go watch the boys, really, but Dad is just and so many of like the old school boys who used to like move back the crories of day one, I just do not even want to watch on the Bloody tally because there's just no there's no passion, there's no there's no fight for that jumper that we used to while we're growing up.
Speaker 6: Say, we might just have to dump that last seven seconds. So I get the influence of your call, and he.
Speaker 3: Said there was. They were across the border. They tend to think Adelaid's a bit underwhelming and he didn't use that word.
Speaker 1: R with defy. Hello Lindy Hallo, Rawy, Hello will a campaign.
Speaker 17: I'm very upset today, not just because the Crows loss, is because I couldn't bloody watched on the TV. What's happened to you?
Speaker 1: Oh, free to Wear? Yeah, it would have been delayed.
Speaker 17: Well there's no no, there's no close playing today on the TV, none.
Speaker 1: At all.
Speaker 17: No, there was nothing. I was listening to you guys on on the radio. I couldn't watch it anywhere anyway.
Speaker 13: I've got a couple of other points here.
Speaker 16: ROWI right, I don't like fog.
Speaker 4: He should be dropped I don't care what people say or how people.
Speaker 18: You milivate me.
Speaker 17: I don't care how should be dropped. He shouldn't play anymore. You can't have Walker, Chug and somebody else. They're all the same. They don't play any well.
Speaker 6: Since round fifteen he's been our best forward. I think he's kicked twenty one goals how many and so fifties for the game, thirty five thirty.
Speaker 2: Leading goalkicker this year.
Speaker 6: You know, leady A bit harsh, A bit harsh. Thanks for your passion. I love it, Lindy. Let's go to Hyde Park.
Speaker 18: Hello, Joe, Hi, guys, love your commentary, always love it.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 18: Look, being a close supporter, I'm just I've been disappointed since the start of the season. I just feel like there's not much direction happening there with with the with the club. Look you Nixy, lovely lovely man, lovely coach, But in terms of the strategist and moving the club forward, I just honestly don't think he's the man to do it.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, A lot of people when they lose, have poor memories because we win showdowns, we win tough games. There was a great win last week now, okay, and you you were fearful, hang on, Saint Kilda just belted them by whatever points.
Speaker 1: You said that before a ball was bounce and I said, nah, I don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Well he came to roast because Hawthorne walloped them by what sixty six points here? But they they have fight, they have grit, they have endeavor, they have what Maddie Nicks calls his DNA. And I've said it for years, Campo under Nixey. If you don't put the crows away, they'll keep coming on you. But when you meet a quality team. Now, now, quality teams are Sidney at the SCG. I guess I know Brisbane and Brisbane arenly lost by them by thirteen points, or a Hawthorne like this, a young team maybe even Freemantle. When they play them, they just get opened up for pure speed class skill, not system structural shape, barbecue shaped, chicken shape.
Speaker 1: Ain't give it stuff what shape is calling it.
Speaker 6: But on talking pure pure midfield skill, they can't. Now that's a trend that's been happening for a quite a long time.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 1: Is Nixie a part of that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know he will pick the berries and the Mat Crouch and all these ones that aren't the best kicks. Evenly it's not the best kick. Who's the classy midfielder in there? Well, it's a block that they got from million bucks a year called rankin and they got Drs and Dawson there's the two and they weren't there today, so maybe that might have been a bit different, you know what I feel think about the list and the management and all of that, and the last years from twenty fourteen three to twenty nine eight.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want to go on about that. It's no point.
Speaker 2: I mean this is d yeah.
Speaker 17: Gooday guys, now, I am no good mate.
Speaker 2: Really yeah.
Speaker 17: It sounds like every Crow supporter for that's about last week. No, we can't win them all. We've got our main defenders out, you know, like without having Ranking and Dawson in the midfield, and then the boys down back while our backs were against the wall. And we're no Awthorn are going to go far this year. It's just a matter of when they click, and they're clicking at the moment you go. They last eleven games, the eight out of eleven, so taking on the hand, we're just you know, we already grove. At the end of the day, we still got big games. We haven't got any easy game. We're gone at Along next week and then we've got bulled offs at Homer smash Sydney. So then we follow a showdown and finished with CD. We're not out seats done. Everyone's just got to relax.
Speaker 1: Jared great, great confidence, great confidence.
Speaker 6: And I took to Mickey, Ad and Nixie in the press conference on Friday.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, we're still a chance to play finals.
Speaker 6: I don't even know why we'd be talking not that, And he selected like that because you didn't put Dan Curtin in, Well, you no chance of making So let's be realistic.
Speaker 3: I think in the mentality of a fan, and I feel like I get it.
Speaker 2: Everyone feels like this.
Speaker 3: I think the realc and this is bizarre in a football sense, but this is an emotional fan.
Speaker 2: This is the reality.
Speaker 3: If Dan Curtains on that side, everyone's much more forgiving of Matthew Nicks right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they've gone on.
Speaker 3: There's a commitment to doing something and playing young guys and just been time.
Speaker 6: But in fairness, they have done that since the round fifteen by Taylor Dowling still in there. Nan Curvis getting a crack berry Berry was the sub three weeks up to the by.
Speaker 1: He declares during the buy that I'm putting contract talks on hold.
Speaker 6: He started the set of square, So maybe that's what you need to do to get a squirt.
Speaker 2: Threaten the leaf, Threaten a leaf? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Okay, Hello, Darryl there a mate?
Speaker 2: Are yours?
Speaker 1: Who do you another swear word? Sorry, Daryl.
Speaker 6: I don't know where you were coming from there, mate, but I can meet you out at the back of the Ken Farmer's statue if you like you flog hello.
Speaker 19: Check Hey there guys. Look, I'll cut to it pretty quickly and get your view on it. It's not the fact that Hawthorne's great, Freemantle's great. You summed it up. We're in the exact same situation. So they've stuffed up the past three four years in a lot of places and we've just I called up earlier this year and you didn't want to hear it. But we've got to look at the players that are playing now. He's finally bringing some is through. We've got to look at our top players though, and they're not improving. There's no room for improving anymore. I could go through every Hawthorne player and I reckon they will improve every single one of them, at least nine inscent of them. Whereas we've got guys you know, who have reached their peak. Really, but we've got a whole bunch who are coming through who should have been coming through two or three years ago. So we've got to just accept that we're off the pace. It's going to take I'd hate to say the our word, boys, but it's going to take another mini rebual kind of and I just hope he sticks with it, or whoever the coach is after Nick sticks with it. And on a side note, Taylor Walker, I love you, but the boys kick to you like you're the only thing down there and it's time to go in very our inside fifties. And then it makes the yeah anyway that does.
Speaker 6: Jack, I don't think the forty and fifty six we're here today. I wanted to hear there's going to be another mini rebuild. The rebuild was declared over after the Sydney loss, where they could have won and got into the eight was declared over.
Speaker 1: Was it or was it not?
Speaker 6: It was declared faster scoring team did it to being the bing Debando, the Bing de Bang Debom have a pre season come out Norton five, and what we've got another rebuilt not happening?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 1: Well, do you want to rebuilt? Are you going to rebuild?
Speaker 2: You like? That word reminds me of that.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that infamous press commerce that George bushed in front of the top of an aircraft carry about six minutes into the Iraq wall saying the wall's over, and then they were still there about ten years later.
Speaker 2: That's what this feels like. That's what that moment feels like. That's a great analogy.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that.
Speaker 2: That's what this feels like. Doesn't know?
Speaker 1: Oh God, where's Georgie Bush?
Speaker 2: Now? Hello?
Speaker 14: John Stephen Jesus heard today watching Will Date play, So we could have gone in they went, but they went Fisher. There was no Fisher mechanomic some yeah, they took him instead. It'd hurt to watch him play. And another thing, I just want to make one other point. When's Murphy going to get dropped? He did not pick up his opponent three or four times a day. Very selfish play, and he's in the leadership group. There's my story. I don't think that's not No, it's not acceptable. You should be a canibell for the going on. He just wouldn't pay no respect anyway.
Speaker 1: That's my point, Thanks Johnny.
Speaker 6: A lot of people are what would I say the mood of the callers are. I mean, there's been a few choice words. One bloke threatened me there's a that there's anger now. After the Richmond loss, it was frustration. Why are we still still here?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 2: I think it's anger. Do you think is that am I picking up?
Speaker 5: I think it's still frustration.
Speaker 4: I reckon there was more anger after the Richmond game on the basis that where Richmond were on the table, they were right where this team is a humming team that potent, you know.
Speaker 1: And we had five stars out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think there's still a level of frustrating because it's the same we're seeing the same thing, the same thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there's a level of I.
Speaker 3: Think this one hurts in a different way for a lot of Crows fans who to use Rowie's measurement before you sort of benchmark yourself with the teams around you, and you're seeing one now just shoot ahead.
Speaker 2: It feels like they're a long one.
Speaker 1: So that's now jealous. That's right.
Speaker 2: I think that's right and extra angry. Did I not go through it?
Speaker 6: Hawthorne Freeman one Crows for the last five years have been the same. We've all gone to the draft, We've all gone to track players, retained players, have a coach, same coach for all that period that's gone through, and we've ended up here.
Speaker 1: Freemantle the top three, Hawthorne.
Speaker 6: If they get to cause a lot of damage, we're fifteenth.
Speaker 1: That's anger.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's why it's a bit different today. Result.
Speaker 1: That's right, well said, it's got a pair of heels.
Speaker 14: Hello Helen, oh.
Speaker 1: Roy, Lindy was saying you can't see or she didn't see the quarry.
Speaker 14: They're on seven mate at seven o'clock.
Speaker 6: Oh Helen, thank you so delayed on seven May.
Speaker 2: I don't reckon that one's going to rap the house down in Adelaide. We'll hang on it.
Speaker 14: But it's seven o'clock on seven mate.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks Helen. Well that's great information.
Speaker 6: I recommend I get home. I'm putting nine on and watching because I don't want to accidentally Lindy, don't watch it.
Speaker 2: Are we still?
Speaker 3: Are we still the greatest sporting country on planet Earth right now?
Speaker 2: Or has that changed?
Speaker 6: We were number one after day to the tips. I watched her heat and the American lass beat it. She got out of the pool, no worries he and then just swam the most pacifict four hundred meters.
Speaker 1: How does she talk?
Speaker 2: She's great.
Speaker 5: I love the relays.
Speaker 4: I watched the relays this morning because I was out last night. The four by one hundred relays outstanding on It's.
Speaker 2: A great, great theater.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little nervous because I didn't know what the result was. I didn't want to see it.
Speaker 6: Our girls are won the last four Olympic four boy one undred.
Speaker 3: Tasmany is greatest of a sports person?
Speaker 1: Arian tit?
Speaker 2: Or Ricky Ponding or Ricky's up there? Who is it? That's the debate they're having in in Tasmania this weekend. Well, a great debate that it's a good one. It's a good one.
Speaker 1: Isn't a great debate?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Let's go down to the rooms.
Speaker 2: Yep, we go down to the rooms. Now we're joined by one of the gross leaders, Mitch Hinch. Mitch Gee. That was a tough day at the.
Speaker 12: Office, Home editor.
Speaker 20: It absolutely was it the disappointing and yeah, we'll have to look our wingers.
Speaker 12: Up that one, Mitch.
Speaker 4: I mean we were so pleased, I guess with how you've come back at the by the way you've gone about it. Some introduction of some younger players, but tonight was one that, as.
Speaker 5: You said, you lick your wounds.
Speaker 4: But what what was a feeling like down in the change room? Was it frustration?
Speaker 5: Was it anger? What was it?
Speaker 20: I think it's a combination, you know, it was It's probably one of those ones. You're right, We've we've got a lot of young boys in and and you know, probably probably this week as well, our leaders didn't stand up, and it is there's probably anger, frustration, disappointment, you know, a bit of startings.
Speaker 12: All over the above.
Speaker 20: It's I think we started with how we wanted to start and and we fell away very quickly, and you know, the quality of Hawthorne at the moment they put us to the sword a bit and it's very very disappointing with how we finished. So yeah, it's it's a it's a bit of a sumber room at the moment.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it is what is what was what was the you know, you were out there obviously and one of the leaders. What was the key thing that you probably, I mean, you can always learn from opposition teams. What was this couple of things that you took away that Hawthorne do really well that perhaps you can work on for the rest of the season.
Speaker 12: No, they did. They moved the ball really well.
Speaker 20: So their contests definitely list lifted. I think our contest in the in that first bit when we were probably on top, was was really really strong, and we were able to move the ball, and they took that probably away from us, and then we couldn't stop them moving the ball. They get you know, they get some quick ball movement and and they get out at the back. And then once they you know, can move move the ball quickly with their hands and and they run quite hard out the back.
Speaker 12: It's it is quite hard to stop.
Speaker 20: And you know, when you're when you're verse in teams like that, contest is just super super important. And you know, all over the ground we weren't quite good enough tonight.
Speaker 1: Speed a ball movement.
Speaker 6: The first quarter you had four marks inside fifty, you kicked a one on ones, you won the ground ball, the stoppage, all the numbers ridden you away your head.
Speaker 2: I think it in the end it was six more scoring shots.
Speaker 6: We thought, Wow, this is just the team we've come to watch and look at and admire. Hawthorn would have gone into their huddle. I don't know what was said there. What was said in your huddle? Was it praise or was it pellas this is what's going to come? Or just put me the huddle at court of time?
Speaker 1: What the messaging was?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 12: No, we stick stuck to our guns.
Speaker 20: We knew exactly what they wanted to bring and and you know, we're able to do what we wanted to do. We had some you know, big key pillars up forward and we were able to you know, use them in the start at the start of the game. And I guess what they did probably post first quarter is they I mean I'd have to go back and watch, but I think they were dropping maybe a few numbers and getting maybe a little bit proactive from from deep, and you know, we probably didn't have the ability to change our modes really and and use the ball, use the shorts and use the footy over the ground and we'll probably kick to their numbers. And then they slung shot and got us at the back, So, yeah, it is disappointing, and.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's just disappointed.
Speaker 2: Certainly you just.
Speaker 3: Mentioned there weren't able to change your mode, so there was there was a there was an instruction to try and possess the footy a little bit more.
Speaker 2: That's how it looked from here. But it was a question from.
Speaker 3: The outside about whether Hawford were forcing you to play that way. Well that was the instruction, but it sounds like you'reso in. The instruction was just possess it control little.
Speaker 12: Bit more, not not really.
Speaker 20: I think we want to attack that you know, I attack our bigs when we can, and you know, we thought we had a you know, we had that up forward, you know, to give us that benefit, and we probably didn't do that at the right times and we probably went short and quick and at the wrong time as well. I mean I personally had a few where you know, I miss a few targets.
Speaker 12: And hurt us and I think I wasn't the only one. So I'm again it's going to do something. We're gonna have to look at improve and you know, really grow well.
Speaker 2: Which thank you, We appreciate you talking to us after the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a crack, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Now I guess we're going to take a break back with morph medelode open in just a moment. This is five double a football after the game. If you need something to deliver it, don't risk it. Ace at Acid Transport dot A. You're going to get some of the awards in just a moment.
Speaker 2: Just take a couple more calls. Lots of gross fans.
Speaker 3: It's nearly forty two thousand turned out this afternoon.
Speaker 2: They want to have this. Akay and Northfield, good evening to you.
Speaker 21: Good as thing. No, I want to ask you, guys, why can't they play down the middle of the oval instead of around and around them, around the bout and go out of bounds fifteen times? Why do they have to do that? Why can't they go straight down the middle of the ground and three or four picks and they got a goal.
Speaker 2: That's a Campo question. That one.
Speaker 4: Well, ultimately I think they're trying to do that, is it? Yeah, ultimately that they're trying to do that. But what happens is you've got an opposition team that actually don't allow you to do that. So that takes some courage, It takes a little bit of the guys out of the back half. But ultimately, when they've gone slow adelaide this year, they just don't score and teams are defending the corridor. And that's not just an Adelaide thing. The best way to score, the most efficient way to score is through the middle of the ground. So that's the first thing that teams cover off and defend. And when they go sideways with that first one, and then you go sideways again, that just plays in the opposition hands.
Speaker 5: You've got nowhere to go other than straight down the line.
Speaker 6: And then they can set up behind the ball and then slingsho on the way back.
Speaker 1: And stuff you. Thank you, Kate, Hello.
Speaker 17: Tim, gooday.
Speaker 16: Boys.
Speaker 8: I won't ask how you're going, because I already know that. Boys, I've just finished off the night. I guess I don't get emotional with the Crows anymore. I managed to actually remove myself from the emotion quite a few years ago now, which is I feel free. But but I guess my question is, boys, what do they stand for? What's their resource? What's the what's their reason for being? Every business, every organization, and that's with people have goals and they have a reason for being, and it's written down.
Speaker 6: Does anyone know, it's a bit of a mission starting to be like every club they exist to win flags, don't they see?
Speaker 8: I knew that was going to be the answer. That such a lame answer. We want a little bit more, you know, a bit more from that club than the standard spin we've been getting some two thousand and eighteen. There needs to be a massive shakeup. And I'm going to say a couple of things. Mon not upset some but I don't care. Really, get rid of that logo for stars, it's disgusting, right, get rid of the logo. Freshen up the club a bit. Maybe get rid of a song too. Let's go for a different song rather than an American war song. You know, we're not far away from getting into our own home.
Speaker 19: It's time for shake up from the ground because right now the next generation of supporters are looking elsewhere, and that's that's that's the future of the club.
Speaker 18: Boys.
Speaker 8: We've got an older that supporter boat. So I'll leave you with that.
Speaker 2: Good callers always, but.
Speaker 8: Happy Sunday Yanks.
Speaker 1: Thanks. They don't know whether the logo or the theme song. And then the logos.
Speaker 3: There's a hardcore of Crows fans. They like the old original logo.
Speaker 2: They don't like the.
Speaker 4: Are cartoony and blue shorts as well.
Speaker 1: I do not go there, Gordon, you can be the last caller.
Speaker 2: Make it sensible, young boys. Yeah, good, Yeah, go for it? Gotcha good?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Just wondering who is it in the club that can get hold of Rachelley and turn him into the player he should be before we trade him out and he wins a brand lay somewhere else.
Speaker 1: God, he'll get there, He'll get there. He's twenty one.
Speaker 6: I get the frustration with Campo, had some real frustration with it. There's camp there is there's warts on his game at the moment. But you name a young lad that doesn't other than Nick Dakos, There's there's warts on everyone.
Speaker 1: His warts are very, very easily fixed. I think as the frustration comes from Campo.
Speaker 6: Just have a crack every time you're out there, have a crack, every contest of a crack.
Speaker 3: In any sport, the sort of player that always invites the most criticism and anger from fans is the supremely talented.
Speaker 2: The other one doesn't feel like he's hot.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Everyone always loves the guy who is never going to be a superstar that tries his guts out every year.
Speaker 2: And he had more tolerance with that player.
Speaker 4: I would say one thing though, I remember when Matthew Nicks came in and it was public that he did the video with the Brad Crouch about non defending.
Speaker 2: You remember that one. Yeah, well there's.
Speaker 5: A perfect example there.
Speaker 4: You're are you rating talent and front of goal opportunity and in front of him? Now we know what Nixy's is. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's about defense first, Yes, that's his R. Well, I don't see it. No, this is what I think. I think Shelley is such an interesting study with Matthew nix Is. I think he's the one outlier because because Matthew if the thing that opposets fans is his commitment to guy Goy's like Ed mcchenry and Locke Murphy and others, that people go, is this guy over going to be a top ten per on the list?
Speaker 3: Now he's always going to be fifty, But Matthew nix isn't. These guys they will do the job you ask them. They're always trying their hardest, like they're committed to the cause and so forth. Shelley's the one that go now Nix has been as committed to him, despite the fact he's almost the exact opposite of that of the list. I've always found that really interesting because he hasn't afforded other talented young guys who don't apply themselves as with as long a leash as Richelle's.
Speaker 4: So I put him in the same crowded category as Isaac Rankin. And I've seen and you you've seen Isaac over with his time with Jimmy as well his appetite to defend and chase and everything. I've seen a massive increase since he's come back compared to what he was a gold coach. Ye, So don't tell me you can't buy in to that, right. So, and what Isaac does, he does both. He's doing both.
Speaker 5: It's an age thing, well maybe a maturity thing. And we said he's twenty one. We understand that.
Speaker 4: But when you keep getting the same feedback, well you've got to change the way you go drop. But that one tonight, that that was that upset on the members, and you know, to be I've got no emotional attention to it, but as a I'm sitting there as a coach that that that would That really irked me because I remember coaching back in the days, we had some forwards that refused to do it and they want to get a lick of the ice cream at the end, you know, when everything's doing their hard work. But that's the bit that you've got to put in. It's the chase. It's the ben Keys ones the chase and tackle and do all those things. Yep, we're critical of ben Keys because he doesn't finish the right and so everyone's got their strengths and weaknesses. We understand that, but I think he can go to a way another level than what he doesn't agree.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to give anything away, but I'm guessing he's not going to feature in the votes. No, let's the injury of Bort Trust, GalF Rad, latter emergency Department, personalized professional care were just really looked.
Speaker 2: Then Curbs he got the stinger, but he came back.
Speaker 4: I think justin he shot up a text message. Ken came off late, which you guys were calling the game and he was done for the day, had ice on his groin, so that might be something as well.
Speaker 5: And Himmelberg was a technical sub.
Speaker 2: Gold Nick Murray could be back and Warrel was bog there thirty touches in the center. He has to come back in defend first.
Speaker 3: Will Yeah, well, you know what, just just showing any level of aptitude at any part of the game.
Speaker 4: He's better defend fifty eight entries first.
Speaker 3: He goes, all right, we believe in Goal of the day thanks to Beechwood Homes Real Custom home Builders.
Speaker 4: Well, this is I'm not being facetious by any streets that. Normally I have a list of three or four on here. I've written one down and it was the ben Keys goal on the other side.
Speaker 5: Of the ground.
Speaker 4: That's fair enough, and that's only because we only kicked two after this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you thought I'll get onto that in the second half.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting there. Good, I'm always you know, down with a couple. So he got goal of the day.
Speaker 2: It was a nice finish, loving fish. Yeah, it was a good kick.
Speaker 3: Mark of the day thanks to McGain real Estate. If you're selling that, buyers ready to.
Speaker 4: Go limp slim pickings again, Will, But I went with Taylor Walker. There's a big foot in the back earlier that first k.
Speaker 3: All right the match winner thanks to unique home style foods.
Speaker 4: Well, are we doing three to two one one? I went Taylor Walker. I thought for lack of opportunities, he had forty one inside fifties. He had kicked three eight score involvements as well.
Speaker 3: So it's a miracle he generated six shots on target.
Speaker 4: We should have kicked five to be their Ultimately, he did his bit and what are we going to do without him?
Speaker 6: He's still the best player of the Crows.
Speaker 2: Have got to two votes.
Speaker 5: I went Rory Land. I thought he was.
Speaker 4: He battled half twenty nine, disposal was eighteen contested he had. He had eight tackles and seven clearances, so there's not much more bombs. He didn't have a lot of friends, but I did give Jake's lego three.
Speaker 12: I thought he was.
Speaker 4: I thought he tried in a losing midfield. There wasn't a lot there. But he had nineteen nineteen contested possessions out of his thirty eleven clearances.
Speaker 5: He had in six score involvements. So he can only do as much as he can do.
Speaker 2: And next week, speaking of good news, ROWI Geelong, in Geelong, in Geelong.
Speaker 6: You tell me there's a chance, Johnny, if Paul can beat them, there weekend. Well, well, okay, is ranking back no one more?
Speaker 1: Is Dawson back? Yep?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's muzzle Backe yep.
Speaker 1: And Matt Crouch should be that yeah and wrel how's Matt Crouch?
Speaker 6: So they took him out of the sample today, so he didn't play and he was emergency.
Speaker 2: She doesn't.
Speaker 3: That hasn't been explained yet though, hasn't. We don't know why he came out of the sample. He wasn't an emergency for this game, so they would have had to pay a fine if he came in.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, but he was named in the sample. He was named in the well, he might have had the same flu that yeah, Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 5: He had any correlation to tonight.
Speaker 2: That's right. Wanted to get to the bottom of.
Speaker 4: Ye two young kids probably got something from.
Speaker 6: The influenza influences.
Speaker 1: Been sick for two weeks.
Speaker 2: It's rough. Maybe the whole team had influence.
Speaker 6: I said's mate, get up and do the dishes.
Speaker 2: You're lucky to be standing here. I've met Jo. She doesn't listen.
Speaker 3: I know she doesn't listen, and I know you didn't say that you wouldn't be standing.
Speaker 1: Here, James, James did say, how can we ever got any washing.
Speaker 2: You You'll be sleeping elsewhere tonight.
Speaker 1: That didn't go down well anyway on.
Speaker 5: The boat tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, well that's all mascular. This is de churiating. We could have done well. I think it's the ti out from a threequel to Time and here.
Speaker 3: Rowie Timmy g Sports showed tomorrow Jimmy's back. There's going to be an opportunity. We could have taken a thousand calls tonight. You can call in and speak to the sports show tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And have you say.
Speaker 3: Then it'll be mut Listen to Radio Crows fans, enjoy what's left your weekend.
Speaker 2: This is five double a football