Speaker 1: A lot of this is outside Good morning and welcome to outsiders. The show that is to woke identity politics and insufferable cancel culture what the labor Prime Minister of Australia is to having a sense of humor.
Speaker 2: Quite clearly, it was inappropriate, just as it was inappropriate for a daily newspaper to put me in a uniform on the front page of their paper when I was Deputy Prime Minister. Entirely inappropriate. Things happen in the past that was inappropriate. And you know, I await the I've been waiting twelve years for the apology, but you know it'll come. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It seems like miss Dalvin Easy struggles to grasp the difference between a real Nazi and Sergeant Schulz, the fictitious, cartoony character from the popular American TV comedy show Hogan's Heroes.
Speaker 1: After he steals the tank from the Panzer Division, Oh brings it here into the bank.
Speaker 5: I see nothing. I was not here. I did not even get this morning. That's not funny. It's not funny because comedy is deeply inappropriate and offensive in Albanese's eyes. He even complains about people making memes of him and wants some banned there.
Speaker 2: I noticed today, for example, on the way up here, they've removed various sites that were up containing fake images of myself superimposed on other people. That's the sort of thing that is going on on social media. Social media has a responsibility to do the right thing here.
Speaker 4: Talk about thins skin. Meanwhile, elbows on the lookout for the far right wherever he can find them, and I'll have a lot more to say about this shortly.
Speaker 2: I'm still shocked by the figures of the depiction of far right figures on the steps of the Victorian Parliament, the march trew gardens in Adelaide. You know, I speak out constantly against the far right. I consistently as well promote multiculturalism and respect for people.
Speaker 1: Yes, but do you ever hear Albanezi speak out against the far left, the anti Semites within the Greens and his own hard left, or the anti Semitic heat preachers within the Islamic community Ever? I thought not anyway, As we wait for the rest of Australia to wake up to just what a thin skinned, dangerous fraud Albanese he is, let's grab the latest outside of his news. Yes, so and Zach Day. We had the controversy over welcome to country. Now this was let's be really really clear about this, because people have mudded the waters politically deliberately. It was despicable to have booing and carrying on at a solemn occasion at dawn ceremony, Absolutely despicable and that should always be condemned. Equally inappropriate or certainly inappropriates, in my opinion, is having welcome to countries at Anzac Day services to begin with rita yes.
Speaker 4: And not just a welcome to country. This was a five minute production. Five minutes and then afterwards the governor did an acknowledgment of country and then the MC did another one. So we've got people who have fought for this country all their families being welcome to their own country by someone who possibly hasn't fought for the country. The whole thing is utterly absurd. It is a bit of a humiliation ritually, Mars, As I've always said, it's a PC way of saying, go back to where you came from, and as a migrant, I don't appreciate it. I'm sick of being welcome to my own country. I believe this is the majority opinion. In fact, there was a poll on news dot com dot Au where it was something like sixty five percent if not more, said they want to see an enter these.
Speaker 1: Sixty one no more welcome to country.
Speaker 5: Reader and yet, and yet you know everything you said there rowan about it being inappropriate and rude taboo at an antectay dawnswers absolutely correct. But what does Peter Dutton do about this? Well, he buys into the idea that protesting about an end about welcome to country is somehow in and of itself inappropriate and far right. Let's have a look at what the opposition leader had to say.
Speaker 6: Welcome to country is an important part of efficient ceremonies and how they're cheaply respected. To Autodimi, I agree with the delay of Nidimi. I agree in out democracy, the playful and laconic stingers, the abuse of that.
Speaker 5: Others disagree with the booing. Fine, But this is another example of Peter Dutton misreading the room that servey that rita just mentioned there, people are over it, and the idea that we embed this ritual, this humiliation ritual, as Riada quite rightly calls it, into national days and national events and everything that we do. I think people are tired of it. It is again as a margaret myself, I took a pledge to be a citizen of this country and I do not need to be welcomed to it anymore than someone who's been here two hundred years or sixty thousand years, whatever it is. That is what being Team Australia is. For Peter Dutton to go and say that we need to enshrine this and this is important, no, what he should have said is, you know, what we should do is acknowledge the contributions of Aboriginal service members who fought in our wars and sometimes weren't treated all that well, and we should pay our respects to them and acknowledge them as part of our history. But what we should not do is buy into this settler colonial language that delegitimizes the nation, the nation that the people there that we are supposed to be honoring and celebrating at a donce service fought for, and basically saying that modern post settlement Austria is illegitimate and transient.
Speaker 4: I mean it's just weak to say it's an important. Part of it is not an important not the ceremony it is something that has been inflicted on the nation without any of us having a vote on this. When we did have a vote not enshrining this sort of racial division and racial privilege into our constitution, every state voted.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely sorry.
Speaker 4: This notion that we are obliged to see this as an important, necessary part of every ceremony that has to be respected, that has to be a part of it. Well, no, that's the entire debate. And if a conservative leader is not principled enough or strong enough to actually make that debate, then we have a problem because you sent a nambu Jinpurprice has made that point, she's not afraid to do it, and other leaders have. But Peter Dalton, as he has been throughout this election campaign, has sadly been disappointing. He seems to be terrified of upsetting the activist class, the media class. Here's a little newsplash act. They're going to hate you regardless.
Speaker 1: Sadly, let me just make the point reta as well that the welcome to country ceremony such as it is was invented in the nineteen seventies, fifty years after the ann Zach's died, and and those original ANZACs yes, the Anzac ceremony, well, you know we were celebrating and honoring all soldiers from all battles, but specifically Anzac was about the Empire. Those soldiers fought for. What they believed in was the British Empire, and to them it was God, it was Queen, it was the King. Rather sorry, it was the country of Australia as part of the British Empire. So suddenly for Peter Dutton to come out and say that the welcome country is part of the commemoration, no it's not, and that's a lie, and I'm sorry. You cannot run around fabricating new ceremonies willy nilly out of whatever you want. If you're honoring, honor the ANZACs in the way they would have wanted to be honored, don't make up new stuff and then pretend that somehow get automatically slots in. That is wrong.
Speaker 5: And you know, you had an awful lot of veterans there at the service who said, let said let's have a look, let's have a look at what of them said.
Speaker 7: You know, I have a lot of veteran knights and having come try because solely because of the Valkans in the country because of their friends God who called these country and call the soil, and for them to be volcomes it.
Speaker 4: Is a flat in fight.
Speaker 5: To get up there and boo in the middle of what is at all a great ceremony is going to be seen by a lot of people as disrespect.
Speaker 4: Yes, but that's why we as Australians.
Speaker 8: And we're the media and made.
Speaker 1: To tell the right story.
Speaker 7: Like, yes, it was disrespectful, but these are the reasons why people are not agreeing with it.
Speaker 4: Sideways.
Speaker 5: Well, so there you go, I mean, and I'd much rather take it, frankly from somebody who served and wore the uniform what they have to say here and which is quite right. Yes it was disrespectful boo at the service, but it was equally disrespectful to welcome home soldiers or to celebrate and honor soldiers who fought and died for this country by telling them essentially that the country isn't really theirs. And I think Australians agree with that. We've got to poll there sixty five percent. If Peter din It had simply come out and said this, I think he would have got a huge amount of criticism in the press and it would have got a huge amount of free publicity and he would stop the bleeding out of liberal supports one nation. It would have been. That was his time, his moment want to say, you know, I'm going to I'm not going to stand with you know, trying to get a nice headline on the work ABC, which is apparently what his media strategy is now.
Speaker 4: I don't know who is advising the opposition leader, but I wish they would resign. I wish they would go find something else to do because this campaign, to call it lack last is an understatement. It has been so woefully run. They have so much material to work with, They have so many different areas where they can attack the alb and easy government, a first term government. You want to get rid of a first term government, you better make the case very strongly why they're destroying the country. Otherwise Australians, as historically they have done, will give the government.
Speaker 1: Another it just taking that easy our first term.
Speaker 4: Governments, willy nilly, and they have just failed to do that on so many levels. It has been such a weak campaign. It seems like they're so preoccupied with winning back these till seats that are forgotten about the greater fight. Yeah, you can get back a handful of those seats. They've also forgotten government.
Speaker 1: They've also forgotten the fact that they had a massive victory only eighteen months ago, sixty percent victory, a landslide victory. Why because they stood on the principle that the Australian people did not want the racial division of the Voice. Now to come out now and go oh, actually, you know, welcome to country is an important part of the thing. This was the moment James that Peter Dutton could have stood up and said we won the Voice. We said that we would only have one flag. We've said that we will look at welcome to countries and the waste of money and we and just send a price there as the sort of dogs like posts. That was the principles they've had and all Peter Dutton had to do was stand on that principle and say I'm sorry, but welcome to country we need if we get into government, we will look at whether anzac day is the right place for it. That's all we needed to do.
Speaker 5: So easy, Yeah, times just one and yet Rowan this campaign, I think we all have to agree, has been incredibly disappointing. From the Peter Dunne camp. You know, let's look at you said, it's been almost one hundred years since the last time there was a change of a first time government. Well that's largely true. But if you think about it, twenty ten, Tony Abbott almost did and it was if not for Tony Windsor and the other fellow it would have happened. He did take them out in twenty thirteen, and that was the model of being an effective opposition leader because you know, there's a huge amount of problems in the country and Peter Dunton is very good at reciting all the problems. You know, the income's going backwards, the energy price is going up, the inflation, he's great at highlighting all that. But there's no sense of what the action is to solve any of that sort of thing. Tony Abbott, when he was opposition leader, simple straightforward messaging, told you what he was going to do. Acts the tax, stop the boats. There was no well we're going to have East Coast Gas Reserve and nuclear power in thirty years and oh well, hang on the fuel tax traded lamp. So here's maybe a little income tax credit and maybe we'll do maybe We'll do bracket creep someday eventually, but we can't afford it now. And this is the thing. Peter Dutt actually talked about tax cuts as being a cost on the budget, and it's like, you're a conservative, tax cuts aren't a cost. This is about liberating the economy.
Speaker 4: You can't he can't fight as Tony Abbott fort. He can't give these simple policy vows of stopping boats or cutting the carbon tax because they don't have the policies. Let's be honest here, correct substance isn't there. So you can't go out there and say, yep, this, this and this is wrong and these are our solutions when you don't have the solutions, and it's not too difficult. You look at what's happened in this country in the last three years, where we've had this massive immigration numbers we've never seen before, half a million a year. You just come out and you point to the problems that's caused, not just the housing issue, but all sorts of other societal and economic issues, and you say, we're going to slash immigration by half for the term of our government for all three.
Speaker 1: Years together, two years and immigration you.
Speaker 4: Think that wouldn't communicate to the Australian people that this is going to be a rep amount of game.
Speaker 5: It's disappointing thing though, is that there are so many moments he's had flashes, little slashes where he's in there that are really smart. The other day he was talking about immigration and he had a great line he spoke about, you know, I said, labor in Albanizy is for Hotel Australia and work for Team Australia. You know, that's a great line. That's a really good, easy to understand concept about what the nature of migration is. And it's not anti migrant because you're saying, well, we want to bring everybody into the team. These sorts of flash so they get smothered by these sort of endless sort of you know, attempts to stay triangulated within, you know, between the Citny Morning Herald and the ABC and not try and offend anybody. And this is the thing, it's like, you're not going to win from opposition if you don't have a good This is the thing I said at the start of this campaign. You know, you're never going to win if you don't have a big hard swing at it and I just feel like, as you say, reader, the policies have been there. I don't know why they weren't selling in big ideas, not just nuclear, which they've been basically afraid to talk about, you know, for at least a year since in the voice bait.
Speaker 4: Of living election, we kept being told it's the cost of living election. Energy is a huge part of that, not just for every household but for industry and for an inflation re issue as well. Where are their solutions for that before nuclear becomes comes into play in the twenty thirties, There's been nothing. There's been nothing about we are going to be focusing on cheap, reliable sources of energy as opposed to being preoccupied with emission targets as has been the way.
Speaker 1: The huge mistake they made was not pulling out of Paris. That would have been so easy. But the basic lesson here, we've been saying it on this program for years now. You go woke, you go broke. The Liberals went work as far as I can tell, and I had no idea why. Let's just quick quickly talk about as well. You mentioned immigration and boats stopped the boats, James, we had more illegal boat arrivals yesterday or over the weekend. Five people turning up This should be a big story of James Patterson tried to kind of get it up there as a story. But yet again, if we get labor back in, how many more boat arrivals are we going to get?
Speaker 5: James, Well, yeah, exactly, we had five people that are washed up on a beach. I don't think we know much about who they are, where they came from, but you know they were They got help because they wrote s os in the.
Speaker 1: Said weren't picked up by our government of.
Speaker 5: The thing with the Virginia with the virgin aiir lines play that said, oh hey, what's the theme with these Chinese ships down you're doing like fire excells air traffic control? Did we know about these things happening down underneath it?
Speaker 4: There's not people dying on our borders again, on our shores because this dangerous journey they've been. These people only got discovered because ye pilots saw their sign.
Speaker 1: And we saw that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that is a worry, but I think the far greater worry is the policies that have seen half a million come in a year where we're not building that many homes. If you're building the homes if you were cutting red tape, green tape, black tape, so we could turbo charge new communities and have new estates building. But then you could say, Okay, there's an economic argument for this, but we're not building the homes. We're bringing people in. And again there's no debate about just culturally whether we want to be this because James, as you mentioned, we're talking before that we've seen a huge population surge in this country in the last twenty years, and.
Speaker 5: A huge population surgeon. I think it's something like our populations increased some like thirty or forty percent since the start of the century, which is unprecedented and bigger than Canada, bigger than the UK, which has, you know, all sorts of migration problems of its own. And again, you know, there's there's a simple fact that there's a limit to how many newcomers a society can absorb. But it doesn't matter where they're from. And it's even harder to absorb those newcomers when every single institutional element is telling them that they've come to a country that's kind of illegitimate. I mean, Peter dounn't back that in when he said, oh, well, you know, the welcome to country is important. Well, you know, you come to this country and then you send your kids to school and they're told the country was founded by you know, theft and invasion and stole everything else and stolen and that, and this is the official sort of you know, sacred ritual is simply the self abnegation and know how terrible as a country. You know, that's not really a great way to sell people of the Australian dream.
Speaker 1: And it's now officially a part of the ANZAC ceremony, co parental leader of the Opposition, it's now part of our sacred things look forward to. Sure, thanks thanks for consulting the public. Oh you didn't the voice referendum, that's right, and then you're ignoring it having won it. It makes no sense at all. Nor also once a talk on one there was one good bit of policy from the opposition, which is to do with defense. But as usual it was kind of hard, you know, as kind that they're getting there. The best idea we've had has come from Gina reyan Hart speaking at the Opera House the other evening in Sydney ANZAC Ceremony. Have a listen to what she suggested for our defense, which is critical to this country. Obviously, it is my belief.
Speaker 3: We urgently need to do more to defend Australians, starting with protecting our ports, airports, sea lands and other vital infrastructure and significantly boosting our smart sea minds, wardrones and Israeli style drones accordingly, and boosting our defense manufacturer here in Australia as well as our budget to five percent of GDP.
Speaker 1: So, first of all, what do you note, Gina ryan Hart standing in front of an Australian flag? Did we see Anthony Alberaneesi making his speeches standing in front of a nose in front of an Aboriginal flag on Anzac Day? But the key thing there is, of course five percent of GDP. That's a massive amount that we need to spend. We need to make ourselves self reliance in terms of our defense, in terms of industry and manufacturing. This is what this nation needs to do, and we cannot do it while we have net zero. It's a choice between the two things. If you want net zero, you say goodbye to manufacturing, you say goodbye to a proper defense, you say goodbye to being a nation that can build things and do things and be a wealthy nation. That's the choice that the Australian electorate should have been given at this election. And shameful at not giving that choice.
Speaker 5: And can I say on the defense thing, one of the most shameful things that I've seen Labor do is to take the Liberals defense policy and say, oh, this is just you know, a Trumpian sort of thing. You know, every time the leg we got to talk about we've spent play a time bashing Peter Dunton here, but we should also you know, save a little bit for labor here, because this whole idea that they wallop anything that they don't like to speaking Oh trumpy and trumpy and Trump's like the reason why we need defense spending. Look at the map, guys, I mean, look at where we are, look at the headlines, look at what's going on. But just to back to the coalition too, there's another issue too, on the messaging. They have lost the fight on cost of living because if you look at the polling the most recent I he was News poll on who they which who voters think would do a better job with the cost of liber This is astonishing. Labor now has the advantage, and not only that, labor has also the advantage on who do you think will be better for cutting your taxes? And this is just that shine of scene that the Coalition has surrendered this ground and they actually think. I mean like je Fish Given had a great piece in The Australian on the weekend and he said that you know, the coalition losses when they opposed the Albanezy tax cut. They should have gone and said it will see your tax cut.
Speaker 4: It will raise you know, excise, the fuel excise. And yes, the fuel excise will put more money in the pockets of the average Australian, but just the term excise. People do not recognize that as a tax cut. It's just simple politics. You've got to be a little bit smarter.
Speaker 5: You've got to actually and it's only for one year.
Speaker 4: For one year, it's only temporary. And there are so many huge issues in the country right now that the Coalition could have made this election into a referendum. We talked about immigration policy before they're five hundred thousand we've had come in per annum in recent years. You could have made it on that. You could have made it on energy, you could have made it on This is going to be a referendum on whether you want to prioritize the mission targets and renewables, or whether you want to prioritize the cheapest, most reliable form of energy we have, which is fossil fuels cold gas. We're sitting on hundreds of years of reserves. We could actually utilize that to provide our people with cheap energy instead of some of the highest costs in the world. That would have been a genuine debate. That's what we're lacking in this country, and why I think so many voters are disengaged is because there's not a genuine choice. So there's not a perception that we have a genuine choice of where's the great debate, where's the great ideological spates in this country as we see in the US and else.
Speaker 5: In the absence of policies, this has become a debate of personalities. And just as Albanzi was very very cynical about how he was able to demonize Scott Morrison in twenty twenty two and paint him as this ogre, this woman hating oath and all of this, Albanizi has gone and turned this election into a ref on Peter Dutton when it should have been a referendum on the thing. This should have been a referendum on was the Albanesi government and whether or not you want more of the same. But because there's been so little messaging, so little policy, and just simply say, oh, well, power prices have gone up, energy press has gone up, you know, food price has gone up. Everything's gone up, but no sort of real sense of what they're going to do about it. They've allowed this to become a referendum on Peter Dutton, which is a complete category error I think for the coalition and for it.
Speaker 1: At the same time as making it a referendum on Peter Dutton, they've deprived themselves of virtually every topic on which they could come out and actually have a fight. I'm going to play you a clip of Kemmy Badenock this week James and Rita, the Conservative leader formerly worked at the Spectator, by the way, the leader of the Conservative Party in Britain. Now, when we had the result last week, when we did it on the show where the UK Supreme Court came out and said a woman is yes what we've been telling you outsiders for a decade. Woman as a woman that one, yes, a.
Speaker 4: Biological female and ault famous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, crazy thought.
Speaker 1: This has thrown Kirs Starmer, who has all sorts of problems on that front. I have a listened to Kemi bad not confronting Kis Starmer in the UK Parliament this week and compare this to what we're not saying from the coalition.
Speaker 9: He's clearly so uncomfortable talking about your subjects. Yes, this is a choice between a conservative party that stood up for common sense and a labor party that bent the knee to every passing fad. This is a question about moral courage, mister Speaker, about doing the right thing even when it is difficult. And the truth is he doesn't have the bulls. The Prime Minister only tells people what they want to hear. He only tells people what they want to hear.
Speaker 5: He is a weather vein who twists in the wind.
Speaker 9: He cheered an ideology that denied safe spaces to women and girls because he thought it was cool to do so. He hounded a brave female MP out of his party for telling the truth. He accepts now and now he is hiding behind the Supreme Court judgment. And isn't that because he doesn't know what he actually.
Speaker 1: Believes now this situations girl in a Dutton's lap last week, he could have grabbed that and attacked labor for being woke, for all the madness the left wouldn't have known what to do if he'd just done something like that. Instead, what we got was this, Well.
Speaker 6: We had a discussion about gender as well this morning, which is an important discussion also, and we can provide support through programs as we're seeing now, and there was a discussion about about early intervention and also education at a younger age about violence and respect for people regardless of the gender. And we're happy to continue that discussion.
Speaker 1: That we had this morning. Do you think transmitment are women?
Speaker 6: Well, a woman and gender is defined and we was reference made the other day to a case in the United Kingdom, but I think a woman is defined as an adult female and that's the that's the definition.
Speaker 4: Do you think a.
Speaker 10: Trans woman is a woman or do you think a woman is a biologically born female woman.
Speaker 1: I've answered that question.
Speaker 4: I don't think you have that that question just yes or a no.
Speaker 5: Biological I've given you my response.
Speaker 4: Don't go running scared. Yes, you gave the right answer there and all, and when there was when there was a follow up, you unequivocally state the facts. Yes, as the u UK Supreme Court found in an unanimous decision, a woman is a biologically born It is not someone who just.
Speaker 5: Reached at you.
Speaker 11: Then attack labor with all the labor madness. You say, this is typical of the Labor party. They are still in the world where a woman is whatever and all that that's st another opportunity. I can't believe how many.
Speaker 1: Great opportunities have fall into their lap and they've just walked away from every single one.
Speaker 5: It's just unbelievable. You could have just gone and said, you know, we wilieve this and labor is all at sea, and everybody would have lost their minds. It would have been free publicity for them, and everybody who is sensible on this would say, yeah, don knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: Why is labor off of the you know exactly before we go to a break. This very quickly read to Dan Andrews not accepted into.
Speaker 5: The Poshe Golf So sad, so sad.
Speaker 4: Another golf course that has said we don't want to see Dan on our greens. This is a man who has a well, his legacy is going to be not just inflicting six disastrous lockdowns on millions of Victorians, but crippling the state with record debts, so many societal issues. I can't think of another politician who is more loads in retirement than Dan Andrews. It really is quite extraordinary for some one who won so comfortably so many elections, he is now not welcome at numerous.
Speaker 1: Restaurants and at liberal making that as government is tired with much of the same Washington if it has After we're going to take short break lots more to the talk about here on Outsiders Reta's Reality Checked, and we'll go to cross to Rome in a.
Speaker 4: Tech You're watching Outsiders with your hosts Rowan Dean, James Morrow, and I'm Rita pan of He Soon we'll be looking at the latest cases of electoral dysfunction afflicting the community. But first, the Prime Minister has vowed to clamp down on so called hate. It's normally called suppressing speech. He doesn't like, including anything that some far left activists considers offensive, whether that's opposition to proposals like the Voice referendum, criticism of mass migration, or if you're keen on stating biological facts women don't have penises or men can't breastfeed. But oh no, that's dangerous and divisive. Far right hate retrick in the eyes of our PM, the man who has done nothing as the far left has launched a hateful anti Semitic campaign across the country, a campaign that has seen fear and loathing of the only Jewish state normalized and institutionalized. Just visit any university campus if you want to see real hate and intolerance, or just attend the weekly protest we've seen across our major cities. But no Albow, the man who has spent his adult life in Labour's socialist left faction is blind to all of that. Here's about that. If re elected on May three, he would turn his focus on stamping out this.
Speaker 2: We're a tolerant, multicultural nation and I'm still shocked by the figures of the depiction of far right figures on the steps of the Victorian Parliament, the march trew Gardens in Adelaide. You know, I speak out constantly against.
Speaker 1: The far right.
Speaker 2: I consistently as well promote multiculturalism and respect for people, whether it be First Nations, people or whether it be any part of our community.
Speaker 4: Yes, the PM does constantly speak out against the far right you mentioned there, you know, the small pack of losers who have zero power, zero influence. But the PMS somehow very tolerant of leftist take though, whether it's aimed at Jews, whether it's aimed at women standing up for their rights, or even police officers defending the community. You don't have to go far to see examples of far left hate. Just yesterday we had these scenes in Melbourne.
Speaker 12: Street fights take out in the city. Fists fly as transgender rights protesters and opponents scuffle in skirmishes, Capsicum spray used to disperse crowds, police storming in to arrest two people across four hours of mayhem this protest, are unmasked on Swanston Street, others obstructing roads and blocking trams as they marched through the city.
Speaker 4: And what caused that mayhem? Whatsaw all those police resources required to try to keep the peace in Melbourne CBD, Well it was those pesky biology respecting women.
Speaker 12: A women's rights protest was organized for midday at Parliament.
Speaker 8: It's women who are losing that rights, not.
Speaker 4: People who have a gender identity.
Speaker 1: Women's spaces, women's sports won.
Speaker 4: Encroaching on all of that.
Speaker 9: It is frightening.
Speaker 10: I found it very difficult to walk past those people.
Speaker 4: They are rabbid, they are insane.
Speaker 13: It's really important that they are able to say what they want to say about women's rights.
Speaker 12: A counter protest pushing trans rights was organized at the same spot for eleven thirty also chanting for Palestine and against police.
Speaker 4: Strength comes in being able to drown out for hateful voices. Oh yes, the women peacefully protesting other hateful voices that need to be drowned out. If the PM has his way, you can introduce legislation to cast them as far right extremists for wanting to protect women's spaces, for saying what much of the population believe, women are adult females with xx chromzones.
Speaker 1: Rittie, you make so many great points there, and one you know, why aren't the Liberal Party in this election campaign saying if you want all of Australia to look like the Melbourne CBD, then vote Labor because that's what you get. If you vote Labor, you get the transactivists, you get the madness. The culture wars are real. They affect people's lives, and it's absolutely shameful James that our politicians are not particularly conservative politicians aren't having that discussion. I'm standing as supporting those women.
Speaker 5: It's funny you talk about Melbourne, which used to be a much lovelier city than it is now. I'm sorry to say, because it has been a fantastic city in the past, but now it's really clearly very much run down. And it's interesting if you go back to the most recent presidential campaign in the US, images of all the dysfunction in places like San Francisco were absolute critic gold for the Republicans because they said, this is an example of what happens under Democrat governance. It's one of the reasons why Gavin Newsom, the governor of California, was unable to mount a run when the whole leadership challenges happened after Joe Biden stepped back from the race of the fact that you know, we're not saying, hey, look at Victoria, which is broke, can't build anything. The city is a mess. It's beset by these protests on all sorts of others may have and say, look, if you want what happened in Victoria to happen to the rest of Australia. Put labor and power for another three years and goo for your life. But if you don't want that, you know, vocalation again. It's like right up there.
Speaker 4: It is the economic recklessness, it's all the societal issues we saw there and you would have noticed in that news report the anti women protests, the protrans protests that we're also protesting against Israel, and they were also protesting against the police. It's the same usual suspects. It's always the same crowd, whether they're doing invasion day protests, whether it's BLM protests, whether they're super gluing themselves to the road in some environmental protests. It's the same rabid far left mall who the Prime Minister doesn't speak out against. There's no legislation or meetings talking about how we're going to address these extremists who are blocking city streets on a regular basis, causing mayhem for police and commuters and people who trying to run a business in the CBD. There's no consideration of that. But if you have like ten or twelve idiots being Nazi wannabes, that is suddenly we're going to have to have, you know, conferences with every premier and the Prime Minister to try to figure out what to do about it. Well, you've got real institutionalized hate happening in this country. It is now if you go to a university, it's not just the far lef students, it is so many of the academics who I've just created this style environment.
Speaker 1: We'll get back to more of that, but joining us now live from Rome as Catholic News Network Vatican correspondent Colin Flynn. Colin, great to see you. Are you there where the action is so it's obviously world leaders a day you've had Trump and Zelenski, the Pope lying in state. Tell us all about it.
Speaker 14: Colm Rowan, good evening to you from the Eternal City. And hey, Rita and James as well. And by the way, Rija, I glued myself to the cobblestones in Saint Peter's today, but nobody took and you know this time. But you know, before we talk about which I'm sure we will be complicated. Legacy of the Holy Father, Pope Francis, you know, many beautiful moments, but a lot of confusion at times as well. I have to just be honest, today was an absolutely stunning day.
Speaker 5: It was a.
Speaker 14: Beautiful day weatherwise in Rome. You had two hundred and fifty thousand people in Saint Peter Square and around the Vicinity to pay their final respects. And you know, even though Pot Francis of course famous for his kind of move towards a more simplistic approach in Vatican affairs, and while his burial at Santa Maria Majory was more simplistic, a Vatican funeral is never toned down. It's never simple. You had all the delegates there on the right wearing black. On the left, you had the cardinals, the archbishops, the priests from.
Speaker 5: All over the world.
Speaker 14: And while it was a moment to be remorseful and you know, we've lost the Holy Father, a spiritual leader, the successor of Peter, it was also a moment, I think from talking to people in the crowd, to be grateful and happy for the wonderful moments that we did have with the Holy Father, but also to really see at a time like this, the true universality of the Catholic Church. You know, we can get caught up and think it's just Ireland, it's just Australia.
Speaker 1: It's the usay.
Speaker 14: You meet people here from every walk of life, from every corner of the world. You can see there now, just the book being laid on top of that simple wooden and zinc coffin which the Pope requested. And Cardinal Giovanni Battista today he was presiding over this requiem mass. He gave a beautiful homily. He said, look, Pope Francis was a shepherd looking after his sheep. He mentioned all the forty seven Apostolic journeys he made around the world. Many of them I went on with them, including to the nation of Iraq, a very dangerous trip, even though he was told not to go.
Speaker 1: So it was a beautiful day.
Speaker 14: It was a very poignant procession when he was brought from the square, because he requested that he wouldn't be buried inside Saint Peter's Basilica, breaking a tradition I think going back over one hundred and twenty years. So the motorcade made their way through Rome's Rome for around twenty five minutes into the basilica of Saint Mary Major, and there he was laid to rest. So today we mark the end of a papacy and we say goodbye to the Holy Father.
Speaker 1: Pope Francis James.
Speaker 5: You know you mentioned is that the universe versality of the Catholic Church. I mean, that's what the word Catholic ultimately means. One of the things that I was struck by was and in fact I've noticed, you know, in attending churches and masses in Australia, is that many of the priests are from the Philippines there from Africa, and I saw a number of cardinals from around the world tell us about the prospects of where the next pope might come from. You know, there are people like cardinals Sarah, who is older. I think he's seventy nine, so possibly too old for very doctrinally sound and one of the best thinkers in theologis I think that we have around living today. Tell us about the growth of the church in these places like Africa and South America, and where that sort of new vibrancy is coming from for the church. You know that may in places like Australia or in Europe, mass attendance is down, faithfulness is down, and of course you know there are other competing shall we say, other faiths coming to the fore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and James, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 14: Someone like cardinals Sarah from Africa is seen as someone who has great intellectual wattage. He is one of the intellectual heavyweights in the College of Cardinals. I would say, and you know, look at our countries, Ireland and Australia. My country, even though just a population of a couple of million people, we were a factory producing priests and nuns.
Speaker 1: For years.
Speaker 14: We evangelized Africa, Asia, We send priests to Australia and to the United States. The tide has now turned. In fact, people say the future is Africa, the future is Asia. That's not right, it's now. And what I really notice is that people try and talk about, you know, the conservative, more traditional side of the Catholic Church, and they always fall back on the Americans and they say, oh, the American conservatives, as if this is some kind of fringe group in the church that could not be further from the truth. Last year I went to Kenya and Uganda. I interviewed the Bishop of Mairobi and he said, Culum, we have a similar problem.
Speaker 1: You're from Ireland.
Speaker 14: You have a crisis of vocations because we don't have any seminarians in our seminaries. He said, we've a crisis of vocations here too. I said what he said, we have too many, and we're to put them they are now. Yeah, they're now exporting them right around the world. And remember they come from countries that have more traditional values. Their priorities are not the kind of things that have been discussed at the synod here. Maybe some of the places that Pope Francis put an emphasis on over his papacy, they need to build schools, they need to build hospitals, they need to build roads, they need to feed their people. In fact, I'd go further than that. In some places like Ghana, I interviewed a group of sisters and I said, oh, you know, they were there in their habits and they look very sweet, and I said, what do you do sisters, thinking that they were going to say they pray in the convent, and they said, we work out in the rural areas, rescuing children who their parents believe have been cursed by witchcraft if they're born with special needs or disabilities. This happens today and this is what the church has to deal with. So I think in Africa, when you look into the future, in this upcoming conclave. They want to see those values, those family values, those truthful values the Gospel. They want to see that not only reflected in the Catholic Church, but they want to see it supported by the church and promoted by the Catholic Church. So that is why I think this is going to shape up to be a very interesting conclave this time around.
Speaker 4: Well, you talked about Pope Francis's complicated legacy, and he did lean into all sorts of issues that you wouldn't expect the Pope to lean into, like global warming at a time time where Christians are being persecuted in many parts of the world. How will he be ultimately remembered. What do you think his legacy will be?
Speaker 14: You know, Rita how they say a legacy is in the eye of a beholder, and people much smarter than I will debate this for years. But the interesting thing about that is, on one hand, you know, he did focus a lot on the environment. Now, as Christians, we believe we do have a responsibility to look after this gift from God. We have to be good stewarts of this land. But you know you were I was listening to your discussion before we came on air and the problem with the Pope Francis papacy sometimes for you know, practicing Catholics, And I don't want to even say conservative because people use that as a way to diminish them or demean them. But people who were just serious about their faith believed what they preached.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: The Pope always reached out to the LGBT community.
Speaker 14: He made it more welcoming and more accepting on one hand, but then on the other hand he said just lu that gender ideology was the greatest evil of our time. I remember standing outside the Basilica reporting on that. Now, the problem with his legacy and with his reputation, I think he was misrepresented because, as you know, a lot of media outlets, when they hear a phrase like the Pope saying, who am I to judge, it's the front page of the New York Times, it's leading all the news bulletins. But when he says, look, we should be more welcoming, but the sacrament of marriage remains and will never change. It will be between a man and a woman. That doesn't really go as viral or doesn't get picked up. So I think sometimes Francis he wasn't much different than Pope Benedict when you really read what they said, but certainly his tone was different and that was what got him his legacy and reputation that he has today.
Speaker 1: Coin Flynn, thanks so much for talking to us from Rome. There's lots more we could chat about the China and the Pope and so on, but we've got to leave it there. But thank you for telling us all about that, and those insights say fantastic stuff. Thank you. And coming up after the break, we've got net zaying we've got Lefty loose, we've got whack in the here on Outsiders, don't go way back in a tip. You're watching Outsiders and net zany the wacky, crazy world of net zero. Now this is pretty funny because last year I did an editorial on Keem Trails and I could feel my two co hosts, my dear friends either side of me, looking at each other, going, Okay, Rowan's lost the first time he's gone completely bonkers. But as always I say, what's the conspiracy theory on Outsiders? Just give it a matter of time and it becomes the truth. Here we go in Britain this week. I couldn't believe it. They have announced the British government has announced they're spending fifty million pounds on experiments to dim the sun. Is using chemical trails in the air to combat climate change. You can't make it out, but they're doing it.
Speaker 4: Britain, what country the Sun's land of?
Speaker 1: What is Misty Aisle of themselves?
Speaker 4: I mean, if there's going to be any sort of intervention like that, you would hope it would be to increase the number of sunlight hours in Britain. And it's a miserable dark place, like about what eleven and a half months of the year, So why would you want to dig the sun in the UK?
Speaker 5: It's cool, yeah, but I mean also isn't just sort of I just kind of like, you know, you look at this and you look at all the global warming stuff. You know, there's these activists are almost like vampires. They're terrified of the sun. You know, it's very weird.
Speaker 1: But it's even even worse than that, because of course Britain has gone full net zero net zany. They've got solar panels everywhere, all their farmland solar panels, but they're trying to dim the sun at the same time as relying on solar panels do you think there might be any future problems down there. I don't think.
Speaker 4: You know where the solar panels come from from slave labor camps run in China where the poor wigas are forced to work in slave labor conditions. So at least there has been some acknowledgment of that and the bus and those panels they've vowed to stop using.
Speaker 1: The British labor government has said, oh, we're going to not use the wiger ones. I mean, how they can tell well, I mean, I mean, China would never cheat, China would.
Speaker 5: Rowans and reader. I just I just want to make this clear as Chinese warships circle the nation that Chinese labor standards are among the highest of the world. Their workers are treated phenomenally well. They aren't put in army barracks with guards surrounding that, they aren't paid thirty five cents a day. These workers are treated like princes. But there was a conferences though recently in the New South Wales Upper House because they did kind of find that some of the big new renewable buses that have you know, battery and everything like that, well like so the batteries and some of the compolicy yep they also came from slave labor, So just a little bit of uncomfortableness for the men's government. Although that'll kind of got you know, sweft cod.
Speaker 4: We've got people talking about reparations about slavery that happened hundreds of years ago that has affected nobody living today. But when we've got modern day slavery in practice, people just turn up.
Speaker 1: We'll be sitting on their iPhone going, we've got to get slavery, you know, reparations for the slave trade using the iPhone that is built by flag give you well.
Speaker 5: You better example that you're going to have people out there who are all like, oh, I've got to sell my tesla because Elon Musk's supporting a fascist dictator, and then go buy a car from carbonist China, like that's how ridiculous it is.
Speaker 1: Well, as I've often said, there is a there is a very strong competition between who is the zaniest and dopiest of all the net zero ministers around the world. It's a tough call between Ed Milliband in Britain and obviously Chris bo is way ahead in those people's minds, but Ed Milliband is trying to catch up to be as dopey as Crispo and have listened to Ed Milliban when it was point they have a seventy eight percent tax on energy. Have a listened to how Ed Milliban tries to say that that's not why prices have gone up. It's hilarious.
Speaker 15: You can't flatly deny my points.
Speaker 16: I am denying your point when it comes to the question of these internationally set prices. That's the point I'm making to the.
Speaker 1: Tax of seventy eight percent on energy companies.
Speaker 16: To the regular oil and gas companies, it wouldn't make a difference to the price.
Speaker 1: In fact, does it worked.
Speaker 5: I'm afraid it wouldn't.
Speaker 16: Because because the point is that the price is set internationally.
Speaker 5: Is this things that taxes at around This is just like Chris Bowen, he keeps on going and saying, oh, the reason why your power bills have gone up thirteen hundred dollars is because Putin invaded Ukraine and like there wasn't fiking energy prices and then it came back down and in fact, actually petrol price is pretty low right now.
Speaker 4: I know if that's to film, these people are economically illiterate. Whether they're in Australia, the UK anywhere. Anyone advocating for these economy destroying policies is either a simpleton or lye.
Speaker 5: There are no other options, and this is one of these easy things again, keep coming back to it. Sorry, but like you know, along with getting out of net zero, that if they simply said we're going to get rid of the capacity mechanism, you know that puts that tax on the hundred biggest emitters, that would have been a huge unleashing of wealth and of income generation and of lower prices that everybody would have understood very quickly because effect access a day factor carbon tax. Get rid of that, what's the economy grow? It's very simple and very quickly.
Speaker 1: James want to ask you about Harvard presidents who won't compromise with Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Well, so Harvard here, Harvard University, with an endowment of fifty three billion, with a b dollars half of that in a private equity scheme, with huge administration and tens of thousands of dollars a year tuition that goes up every year and tax free status, is now saying, oh, well, we are going to stand up to the Trump administration because actually, you know, we want to keep being able to do things like discriminate against students on the basis of raci and admissions, which they do well, that cannot solve their problems around antisemitism and everything else. And you know, and now they're saying, oh, well, if you don't give us this money, all of this important research is going to happen. We've got fifty three billion dollars. Do it yourself. Why is it so hard for these institutions to simply comply with the law, because that's actually what they're being asked to do, is comply with the law.
Speaker 4: Well, you've almost got to admire the deep commitment this administration has, the Harvard president has to instituting policies that are racist. I mean, this is just nuts. How can you have such a commitment to racism that you're going to jeopardize enormous funding to your institution. And it's not just Harvard. I know Harvard have been found to have discriminated against students from different backgrounds, but also we've got Princeton found to have discriminated against Jewish students, males, and white students. So again, if you have the same score, but your ethnicity is say Hispanic or black, compared to Jewish, white, male female. Whatever boxes you're ticking that is going to impact your ability to get into the school. It is absolutely mad. Meritocracy needs to come back. Make meritocracy great meritocracy.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a short break and we'll be back with hopefully some merit after this. In attack, Hello, you're watching Outsiders with Rita. Stop the boats, Panahee James, make Australia a great again Morrow, and myself Rowan Labor isn't working, Dean. Great Election campaign slogans always stick in your mind. I've got a beauty coming up for you in a tick, but first, this time next week, Australia will have either dodged a bullet with a surprise election of a coalition government, which would be a blessing and a miracle, or we are faced with what can only be described as a major downgrading of this nation, a serious downgrading of our economy, a running down of our defense forces, a complete collapse of our energy security and of our business environment, and not to put too fine a point on it, the devastation of our future prosperity. What is at stake in this election is beyond measurable. It is no exaggeration to say that it is the single most important election of our lives. The Albanezi government has been a disaster on every front. Thanks to the Albanzi government, we are poorer than we were three years ago, and we are a trillion dollars in debt unimaginable. Thanks to the Albanzi government, we have businesses going bankrupt faster than we've ever had and in record numbers. Thanks to the Albanesi government, we have Chinese warships circling our shores like hungry sharks, just waiting for the moment to move in for the kill. And now we have Russia circling above us like vultures hoping to get a foothold in Indonesia, waiting patiently to see us collapse to our knees. The Communists, it appears, recognize a fellow traveler in Anthony Albanesi, and they know he has given Australia the weakest government in our history, and a government that has cowtowed like cowards before the angry pro Palestinian mobs to quite happily betray a once dear friend, Israel thanks to the actions and worse, the inactions of Albanesi and cohorts like Penny Wong, Tony Burke and others. A Pandora's box of anti Western values has been allowed to fester unchecked in this nation for the last eighteen months. Never forget that it was under the Albanesi government that vile pro Palestinian mob felt emboldened to desecrate a memorial to the Jewish girls, women, children and men who were butchered on October seventh, while their corpses were still warm. Mobs that were chanting with impunity obscenities about effing the Australian Jews. Never forget that it was under an Albanesi government that Jewish Australians have also seen their homes, synagogues and cars neighborhoods vandalized and torched in scenes reminiscent of Hitler's Kristallnacht. Thanks to the Albanesi government, Australia is now a byword for anti Semitic violence around the civilized world. Thanks to Albanizi, who deliberately chose as his representative in America the foolish, divisive, deeply unpopular Kevin Rudd, a spiteful individual who's gone out of his way to insult and offend the current president of the United States, so much so that Albo can't even get a phone call with Donald Trump while the rest of the free world is busy making crucial job creating trade deal with the American administration and what lies ahead. The Albanesi government comprises a bunch of undergraduate socialists who have never grown out of the hard left obsessions of their youth and are completely captured intellectually, if that's the right word, captured emotionally and captured spiritually by the climate cult and its quasi religious creed of net zero, a largely discredited concept which is being ignored or has been abandoned by the majority of the industrialized world. Albanesi in his government are fundamentalist zealots who worship this new Malthusian religion of climate change and all things woke, including the insane worship of what was originally a Canadian concept out of First Nations, which has seen them destroy potentially hugely profitable and critical enterprises because of abstract pagan beliefs. The Albanesi governments have already shown they are quite happy to sacrifice any number of industries and on entrepreneurship on the altar of woke progressiveness, more red tape, more green tape, and now more black tape, strangling opportunity and innovation, and labor is happy to drive us into a socialist welfare hellhole which will be impossible to claw ourselves out of for decades, with massive uncontrolled union power and corruption crippling individual family aspirations. Almost certainly, if re elected, the economic thieves and vandals of the Albanesi government, blind drunk and a stupor of arrogance and hubris, will have a grad bag of fiscal horrors awaiting US mandatory reporting for small businesses about net zero commitments, changes to negative gearing and capital gains being workshopped by the socialist fools of the Canberra bureaucracy. And this one is as sinister as they come. A plan to tax unrealized capital gains on your superannuation funds, a tax based on phantom profits that the tax office can conjure up out of thin air. Under a second Albanesi government, you will be forced to pay hard cash on fantasy money that doesn't exist and may never exist. That's what unrealized capital gains means, and that is how Albanesi and Jim Charmers and the rest of these deluded ignoramuses intend to fund their socialist horror show. Earlier in the week on the Bolt Report, I speke to Andrew Bolt about how disappointing the coalition's election campaign has been. But remember this election is not a referendum on the election campaign itself. It is a referendum on the Albanesi government and on every single measure, whether it be economic, cultural, social cohesion, pride in the nation, education, national prosperity, international reputation, defense, national security. On every single measure you can think of, the Albanesi government deserves to be booted out. Andrew asked me what made a good advertising slogan, and I said it had to have verb, had to be a call to action. They had to be memorable and had to apply in every context. The beauty of Abbots acts, the tax or Trump's make America Great agains. They did all those things. A friend of mine from the Spectator Australia sent me his slogan for this campaign, and I love it. Give Albo the elbow, want cheaper bills, Give Albo the elbow, want stronger defense, Give Albo the elbow, want smarter kids. Give Albo the elbow. Want business to boom, Give Albo the elbow. Want lower immigration, Give Albo the elbow. Want a better Australia, Give Albo the elbow. Want a brighter future, Give Elbow the elbow. Stick it on T shirts, stick it on caps, tell it to all your mates, stick it all over social media. We've only got six days left to give Albo the elbow. As I said, this election is a referendum on one man, Anthony Albanezi. Have a look at this when Peter Dutton in twenty twenty three made some per fitly respectful comments about an indigenous leader, and watch how Albanezi twisted and smeared and denigrated Pizza Duck.
Speaker 6: They've got a functioning society and in that instance, it's because of the leadership demonstrated by Unipingu and others around him over the course of a long period. And that's what we want to see replicated elsewhere. We don't want to see money diverted away from people who are most in need, particularly children in indigenous communities.
Speaker 2: And I note that very insensitively. Last week the leader of the Opposition raised Unipingu, something that I know from speaking to some of the leaders and the RNU people they're in arnhum Land. They were terribly offended by given the role that Unipingu played in the Ularus statement from the heart. That's something for the leader of the Opposition to consider.
Speaker 6: Nothing more egregious that the Prime Minister said during question time I think to cast a dispersion on comments I made in relation to a great Australian Unipingu.
Speaker 1: Utterly disgraceful. That clip. Those clips juxtaposed show you the truly dishonest and despicable character of Anthony Albanesi, not only falsely smearing Peter Dutton, but disgustingly setting Indigenous Australians against him, using using Indigenous Australians to smear Peter Dutton. So dishonest. Do you seriously think that this man won't try and play the race card all over again and reintroduce treaties and truth telling and some kind of voice. Of course he will. As I said, if you want to return fair dincom decency to Australian politics, give Albo the elbow.
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 1: National Senator Matt Canavan joins us. Now, Matt, where are we We're in front of a church.
Speaker 5: Where are you.
Speaker 13: Rahen but Na, my wife and I did want to go to mass but I'd also already agreed to go on this show, so.
Speaker 15: I popped out. Hopefully I can seek forgiveness and still get the Euchris before it's all over.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. You're in Rockhampton now. I wanted to ask you how the campaign is going, obviously, but one thing you wanted you drew our attention to was what is happening with Chris Bowen's windmills and the beautiful area of Lotus Creek there not far from you, and the destruction. This is this net zany net zero lunacy. Tell us about it, Matt Canavan.
Speaker 13: Yeah, look, I was up at the Connors Rangers yesterday with a bunch of concerned Australians or all over Australia they traveled from to go there. This was a beautiful, pristine part of our country, a Koala habitat. And you know, I never thought I'd really be donning the Koala suit metaphorically in my political career, but I found myself yesterday campaigning alongside Greenie. Apparently we'd live streamed in to a protest in Tasmania which Bob Brown was meant to be out as well. So Bob and I are all together again, this time biting one person in Chris Bowen who's destroying and the Labor governor anthe Albanezi destroying our beautiful Australian bush. I mean, I'm not against development. I think we should build things, build power stations, build roads, build mines, but it has to be in a common sense way. And this beautiful part of our country up there should not host a massive wind factory. It should not host a coal mine, should not host a gas field. Just like this beautiful cathedral behind me here in rock Hampton. We're so lucky to have it. I wouldn't want to win turbine going up next to it, or a factory going up next to it. There's just not common sense being applied here. In the mad pursuit of net zero emissions and an eighty two percent unachievable eighty two percent renewable energy target. This government is destroying Australian bush, killing kohalas, killing sugar gliders, and of course these wind turbines, if and when they do go up, will kill lots of birds as well.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the destruction of crucial nature areas and we're talking about large scale renewable projects. You've got ecological experts coming out talking about the harm being done to the environment in the name of green energy projects. Why do people in the city not appreciate what is happening there? People in the regional areas can see it, But how do we get people in the suburbs who care about those areas to understand the destruction that's taking place for these wind turbines and solar farms.
Speaker 13: Well, I do think Australians all over the country, including and cities, care about their local environment. We know that people in the cities don't want their own local environment defaced by large industrial wind projects. I mean Zali stegeler self has said that mainly Harbor is in an appropriate place to have wind turbines. It's just that people like Zalie don't come out out here and see the destruction that's occurring in our backyard.
Speaker 15: But still Australia's bush, still all of our bush.
Speaker 13: And I think the way we get that message out is what you're doing here this morning is showing those pictures to the nation.
Speaker 15: There's a week to go to voting. Talk to your friends and neighbors about this.
Speaker 13: This particular project, which will destroy three hundred and fifty hectares of Kohala habitat, was rejected by the former Morrison government, rejected by Susan Lay when she was Environment Minister. It wasn't until it was a change of government and the Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners Group, good luck to the Danes. They came back put a new submission in Antania. Blip sect believe it or not, approved the destruction of three hundred and fifty hectares of Kohala habitat. And this shows the light of the Labor Party. They're not in favor of the environment. They're in favor of big green money, mainly from overseas who are spending this.
Speaker 15: That's what needs to be stopped.
Speaker 13: And this election then need's on the ballot here to stop this madness and produce real power. But the other thing here, I wouldn't want to do this even if it was a real here, I wouln't want to build a nuclear power station up there right to do any of this. But the real problem here is this going to produce absolutely nothing in terms of power. It'll be only able to power the Boorneland smelter for just a month. We could build a nuclear power station not up there, in a better place and it would produce enough power to run to Bourne Island, eliminium smelters here in central Queensland, save those jobs and have a much much lesser environmental impact to boot Games.
Speaker 5: Well, Matt, that's all a very very clear message, and I think people see the results of this just damaging environmental policies in their power bills, because of course they're pumping in this not cheapest form of energy into the grid and it is more expensive. We know it's going to be more expensive. Are you disappointed though, that the polls aren't showing that people have quite connected with this message so far, and that you know it is still quite an uphill fight for the Coalition over the next week.
Speaker 13: Well, look, I always felt James, we were underdogs going into this. It's a huge mountain to climb, almost as large as those Kinders Connor's Ranges. I fortunately drove up in a diesel fuel car yesterday. It was a big mountain to climb to win all these seats.
Speaker 15: So we were the underdogs. We remain the underdogs.
Speaker 13: All I'm going to do for the next week is keep fighting on shows like you to point out this. I thought Rowan summed it up beautifully there before that this election is a referendum on it this government and this government. Under this government, the cost of living of Australians has gone backwards by a huge amount. Our real wages are down to levels they haven't seen for more than ten years. We've gone back ten years and our stand of living. This government has botched the reopening of our borders after COVID led in a million people in just two years, and there's nowhere to house them. So even here in rock Hampton we have tents I never thought i'd have anywhere in Australia, have effectively slums popping up in our major cities. But it's happening even in country towns here like Rockampton, where we've got all this land, I mean, James, We've got the most land per person pretty much in the world. We've got the most energy resources per person pretty much anywhere.
Speaker 15: In the world.
Speaker 13: Yet we have the highest house prices and the highest energy prices under this government. So think about that when you're going to vote over the next week. There's a lot of undersided voters out there, So I don't care what the polls say. We were just going to keep fighting to get a better outcome for our country and Australian people.
Speaker 1: And Matt's on the whole issue of coal and net zero and nuclear energy and so on. The Coalition have put forward the argument about gas prices and bringing down people's prices. Are people making the connection between the high cost of living and the net zero commitments? Are the punters out there when you were out speaking to people in places like Rocky do they understand that it is the energy. The high cost of energy then flows through the supermarket, through everything, small businesses, cafes. Has that link been successfully made? Matt?
Speaker 13: Well, Look, I can't speak for everyone, but at least in where I was this week, I travel from Rockampton to towns Well, visiting polling booths all along met hundreds and hundreds, possibly thousands of voters. I think the New south Olds Blues have more fans than net zero up here in Northern Trainsland right now. You know, there was not a real kind word for any of this madness that's going on up here, so people here certainly see it. I suppose they see that in their real lives.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 13: Just have to drive a little bit out of town and you'll see sometimes actually through towns and you'll see coal trains, massive amounts of coal trains passing you every day of the week, every hour, And it's easy to make the connection. Then, but hang on, why are we sending all that coal to other countries? At record amounts of this coal to other countries. Why can't we use a little bit of it here for our own purposes? Because it seems to keep power prices very low over in China and Japan and Korea, they all play lower power.
Speaker 15: Prices in US.
Speaker 13: How is this the case when they're using our energy resources that have to be shipped all the way there for them to do it.
Speaker 15: So there is that connection.
Speaker 13: Look, I wish, I wish, as it's no secret I wish net zero was on the ballot this election. Now that's not there. But what is there is some more common sense. What is on the ballot is a opening up of nuclear energy gas resources, getting rid of that ridiculous eighty two percent renewable target I mentioned earlier. That is on the ballot, And so I just think I hope that people do vote for common sense in the next week, because God, for God, for God's sake, our country needs a massive injection of common sense right now given what's happening around the world.
Speaker 1: And our country also needs a massive injection of defense. So Gina ryan Hart raised the issue of five percent of GDP. The Coalition have raised labor labor talking two point three two point four percent. Coalition's policy is now to get to three percent within a decade or so, which is fantastic. Gina Ironhearts called out for even a greater investment. What's your thoughts on defense?
Speaker 5: Matt?
Speaker 13: Look, I don't pretend to be an expert into this space, but I always prefer to deal in intangibles and real things. I mean, obviously we could hit a five six three percent target by just spending lots of money on bureaucrats in Canberra. That's always a risk as far as I can tell from the Defense Force perspective. So what I want to see is money spent in a good way to delivers real results for Australians. What I'd love to see is how good we should be able to know there's no reason we shouldn't be able to build one hundred and fifty five millimeters artillery shell. It's nothing particularly advanced, but it remains the workhourse of any nation's defense. And right now we actually can't can create the steel billets that go into that. The former coalition government build a factory or help build a factory in Mariborough, which does create the shell casings, but they have to import the steel billets from overseas, even though we have all this iron ore and cocin coal. So I'd like to see specific investments in those type of things that build real capabilities of our nation, not just to have lots of defense spending, but also to have the industry and manufacturing behind it to sustain a defense, a defense system if if the worst were to happen, we find ourselves in a conflict that Canavan.
Speaker 1: Senators to Canavan, thanks so much for chatting to us here and outsiders.
Speaker 15: You've got to go and.
Speaker 1: Shake a lot of hands. Now you've got six days, mate, we're relying on you to give Albo the elbow. Mate, you get out there and get cracking. Thanks Senator Matt Canavan. Fantastic. They're up in Rockhampton after the break. James's donkey vote. It's in a tick.
Speaker 5: Hello, you're watching Outsiders with your hosts Rita Judicial, Rose Panahee and Rowan High Court Dean, and of course I'm James Jurisprudence Morrow, and today I want to talk to you about judges, specifically lawless judges in the United States who think that because they don't like Donald Trump, they are above the law. Now, since Trump returned to the presidency, judges who disagree with the with the President have done everything they can to thwart his efforts to reform the nation, particularly when it comes to fulfilling his campaign promises to boot out illegal aliens, particularly violent ones. Well, it seems one of these judges may have gone too far. Meet Milwaukee Judge Hannah Dugan. Yes, that's her right there on your screen. Take a good look, because well, I suspect what I'm going to tell you next is not going to come as any surprise, because it seems that Judge Dugan has just been arrested by the FBI for allegedly trying to help this man, Eduardo Flores Ruiz, who was in court on domestic battery charges, so you know, a real charmer, and who was also in the country illegally after having previously been deported once before. Well, it seems to Judge Dugan help him evade Immigration and Customs Enforcement or ICE officers who were waiting for him outside the courtroom to give him the boot by helping him sneak out a back door of the courtroom and onto the street. Here's US Attorney General Pam Bondi explaining more of what went down.
Speaker 8: It's so rare for victims to want to cooperate. They wanted to cooperate. They were sitting in the courtroom with the state prosecutor. The judge learns that ICE was outside to get the guy because he had been deported in twenty thirteen, came back in our country, commits these crimes. Charged with committing these crimes victims in court. Judge finds out. She goes out in the hallway, screams at the immigration officers. She's furious, visibly shaken upset, sends them off to talk to the Chief Judge. She comes back in the courtroom here can believe this, takes the defendant and the defense attorney back in her chambers, takes him out of private exit and tells him to lean what was it.
Speaker 5: That Joe Biden and all the Democrats used to say, no one is above the law. Well, here we go. Now, naturally, this case has been leapt upon, dare I say, pounced upon by the left as evidence of Donald Trump's fascism and lawlessness, which is an awfully confused way of saying they really believe judges should have the power to make up the law as they see fit, so long as it suits their activist agenda. Now, the Progressive Journalist, if that's not stretching the word too far, Molly jong Fast called this a rubicon crossed. The New York Times quoted a protester supporting the judge who said, we are sliding so fast into authoritarianism it's scary now. Funnily enough, the protest for the judge was called hands off our judges. Let's have a look at it, shall we.
Speaker 11: Don't just.
Speaker 15: Do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the very peaceful left again threatening no peace if they don't get their way. But it is funny to me how the hands off our judges people didn't care about this legal alien keeping his hands off his alleged victims. But if that's not enough for you, well this is gonna blow your mind. Meet Judge Joelcano. He's a retired New Mexico magistrate. You see him there on your screen, who his play who, along with his wife, have been arrested for allegedly illegally harboring a trend a gang member in their home. This is apparently footage of them hanging out with a fellow checking out his arsenal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it, but I don't see is right.
Speaker 5: And this you see on your screen is footage of the judge and his wife being arrested. Look, as someone who's used the old question about how many illegals have you taken into stay at your house? Argument on plenty of lefties, I almost have to give the cons credit for practicing what they preach. But to everyone saying that this case, in the case of the judge of Milwaukee are a lawless attack by the Trump administration on America's independent judiciary and the constitution, well, is it the real threat to the constitutional order judges who make it up as they go along and evade the law because of their own political biases. Look, I would have thought that was the real rubicon being crossed. Meanwhile, while we're on the subject of people who shouldn't be in the country, the Trump administration has begun a new ad campaigned to encourage those of the US illegally too, Shall we say, self deport before someone comes knocking to do it for them, With a little help from our old friend John Denver. People in our country illegally can self deport the easy way, or they can get deported the hard way.
Speaker 4: And that lead Now, if you don't, we will find you and we will deport you.
Speaker 1: You will never be entering this.
Speaker 5: Country illegally is a crime, and we're not going for kidd.
Speaker 8: If you cross the border, you your chances of being apprehended are much greater, and if you're apprehended, you're going to be removed from the country.
Speaker 1: James, Well, have a look at this. This is the White House Press spokes go Caroline Leavit. She's terrific. She's the best they've had in there.
Speaker 4: For you, and I think we're cooler spokes good, she's young.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't going to go spokeswoman. That is boring. Spokesman men, spokesperson spikes flash chairs, fosco. Why not? I ben to it, I own it copyright. Let's have a listen to the spokes girl, Caroline Levens.
Speaker 10: Well, I spoke to our entire trade team this morning. There is a lot of progress being made. We now have eighteen proposals on paper that have been brought to the Trade team. Again, these are proposals on paper that countries have proposed to the Trump administration in to our government. You have Secretary Best, Secretary Lutnek, Ambassador Greer, NEC, Director Hassett, and Peter Navarro. The entire trade team meeting with thirty four countries this week alone. We are moving at Trump speed to ensure these deals are made on behalf of the American worker and the American people.
Speaker 1: Another golden opportunity missed by the coalition. Absolutely shameful. Where Albo can't get a phone call the Trump there's eighteen deals being done, thirty four countries, all our rivals, all our allies and rivals, all Western countries in there doing deals. We're doing nothing. Albo can't get a phone call right obviously, they you know, if friend comes near the place, they just slammed the door shut quite rightly. But where is Dutton, James? Why wasn't Peter Dutton on the plane to Washington getting a relationship with Trump and being able to say in the election campaign. I've spoken to Donald Trump and I will get us a great deal. Why can't he do that? James, what's so hard?
Speaker 5: Well, you know you're actually asking people to go back in time here. But it is interesting that the reason why we had such a good outcome the first time around with Donald Trump in the Trump first Trump administration, during the Turnbull government was because Joe Hockey had gone and he was one of the first ambassadors from any nation to make contact with the true from people. And he developed that relationship because he saw the potential early on. And that relationship is what got them in the door. And that relationship is what got Malcolm Turnable that phone call that got the tariffs taken off. And that was when Trump said, it's fascinating because you read the transcript. I went back to read that transcript, and you know, I know Malcolm Turble. You know, we give a lot of noise to sometimes, but he actually held his own very very well in that conversation. And Trump kept saying, this is a terrible deal for us. I'm gonna look like an idiot, but fine, I'll do it for you. And and it was and mister Trumble, mister t mister trumble.
Speaker 4: But every good salesman says that everything she got by car, and if the salesman was any good, you walk out thinking you got.
Speaker 5: A great but we got The point is red, we got the deal.
Speaker 1: We got to deal, and the point is this was not You didn't exactly need a crystal ball back on November fifth to go, oh, hang on, we've got an election coming up in Australia, Albo went Rod aren't going to be able to get in with Trump? We could be the party.
Speaker 5: We could be.
Speaker 1: You know, I could get in now with Trump that able to go through, and I could be the hero.
Speaker 4: Terrified of any sort of association with anything they have Again, they're playing by the left's playbook. They're just too timid to get on the front foot and stop worrying about the media outrage and actually set their own agenda. You talked to I just want to go back to something James said there about the what's happening with the judiciary in America, because we hear so much about it's a constitutional crisis under Trump, the constitutional crisis and these activist judges who think they can usurp the will.
Speaker 5: Of Americous judges, but also activist groups that are judge sharping and forum shopping to get injunctions in place to stop all sorts of key elements of the Trump agenda and therefore pour sand into the mechanics of government. I mean, it's not they are not operating in good faith, and that is where the real crisis is coming from.
Speaker 1: But we've also got most insane high court judges and judges across across the land who are active ast judges. It's the same problems throughout the West. In Victoria, the left wing judiciary that you know, we had, we had observed third cases like the Love case a couple of years ago, which was basically inventing some new spiritual ownership of the land, which is of course all sorts of problems. But let's talk.
Speaker 4: It's just on that the left don't waste power. Whatever you think of the alp and Easy government. On day one, on night one, on election night, the first thing he announced was the referendum for the Voice. Now, yes, it was a stupid issue. It was it was a stupid policy, it was divisive, it was expensive, it was disastrous. But they don't waste power, and they appoint their judges that they know how they're going to interpret the legislation. What did the coalition do?
Speaker 1: What left wing judges? Left wing judges and the left point left wing judge. So what do we end up? Oh yeah, left wing judges. Monique doctor Monique Doty, who's had a shocking campaign. Hopefully she'll be booted out at this within six days. I mean, what a what a disgrace, her husband running around nicking posters and all this sort of stuff. Now she's suddenly woken up to the fact. Now I have my letter here somewhere, you know, my letter which all the teals signed, calling for thank you reta, calling for more of your funding to go to ANWA despite the known connections to her Musk. Well, now suddenly Monique Round has woken up to the fact that there's a number of Jewish people in her electorate. Yeah, oh, hang on, now she supports Zionism apparently.
Speaker 4: Is now wonderful, wonderful?
Speaker 15: I need know what.
Speaker 1: Six days before the election.
Speaker 4: Leaders have welcomed to DTR Ryan's new stance, and I would wish some of those Jewish leaders who have welcomed it, we just think a little bit about what they're backing, because you know what this woman's politics. Are you know what a voting record is? He has voted with the Greens? Is it around seventy percent of the time. So let's not welcome it. Let's think a little bit more critically about why she's doing.
Speaker 1: It rather than just couldn't have anything to do with the election.
Speaker 5: They're not.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 1: Now, let's also talk about we spoke earlier about the Vatican and the funeral of the pope there. Well, all the photos on social media were yes of that, but also of course of the Trump Zelenski meeting, which was just astonished. It looked like something out of the Borges. It was amazing. So there's Donald Trump and you've got Macron there as a kind of courtier and trying to be he got booted out. There's Starmer trying and muscle in as well. They got booted out.
Speaker 5: Go On, hang on, it was a rude freshman and you're here. That's the great shot there there, you got.
Speaker 4: A better shot from behind.
Speaker 1: True, there's a few of them.
Speaker 5: James, How was it though? That Donald Trump? I mean, you know, love, we'm ahead of He's got this incredible mastery of being able to be in the shot and create the shot for these amazing visual images. You know this the fight image, so many famous iconic images.
Speaker 4: It started with that elevator right down that. But during the election campaign, obviously the fight, fight, fight, but the machas when he.
Speaker 1: Was serving the.
Speaker 4: He is just the mug shot. Like he took what should have been a disastrous moment for him, and it became the reason why he was the candidate. That was, We're not going to let these leftists and this law fare dictate who the candidate is going to be for the Republicans. Contrast that to the attitude here.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: It could not be more stark the way conservatives operate in this country. And that's why the left in this country have won the cultural wars. Like it's done. If you want to launch a fight back at some point, good luck to you. You are starting way behind right now.
Speaker 15: I need to rethink all of that.
Speaker 1: But let's talk about Trump and Zelenski. So, I mean, I've been saying on a long don't judge the ceasefire, the final Russia Zelenska, the Russia Ukraine deal until it is done. Trump works in his own ways, but every step is a step closer, hopefully to the eventual settlement there, James.
Speaker 5: And you know, if you look at the rhetoric coming out of the White House about Putin in the last few days, even you know, you can see that since that attack on Kiev, Trump has become increasingly impatient with Russia for doing this, which I think, you know again, it's just this fantasy, this fevered fantasy that the left has that somehow Putin is pulling the strings of Trump. And this has been literally going on for ten years. And this has been the result of a deep state up that has links back to intelligence agencies in the United States, which started the whole idea that he will is a Russian agent so that they can get Hillary. The first time that was well with collusion, with collusion from intelligence agencies.
Speaker 4: Of course, no one buys that. And really, those who want to provide analysis based on every single press conference, every statement, you're missing the point. When are you going to learn when it comes to Trump, it's all about outcomes. It's not about how he gets there. It's about the final destination. And if you can't appreciate that now in the second term, I don't know how it can help you, because they just keep falling for this nonsense.
Speaker 1: Every single time it's called TDS. Is the medical Trump rangeents.
Speaker 4: Cases in this country?
Speaker 1: Before we go to a break, speaking of Donald Trump, doesn't someone have a birthday?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, the first Lady, First Lady Flotust Blania Trump is at fifty five, so the most stylish she would have to say, first Lady we have seen, maybe more stylish than even Jackieessa's.
Speaker 1: Certainly has she been on the cover of Vogue yet?
Speaker 4: Reta, Well, no, but Hillary has multiple times, Jill had Michelle. All the first Ladies seem to get a but except for Milania, I don't think she gives us stuff, though I think she's well beyond that.
Speaker 5: It was a very funny boment at the funeral of the Pope last night. I was watching and it was at the moment of the mass when you're supposed to offer each other a sign of peace and turn to your neighbor and shake their head, and he was just sort of standing there, and she whispered in his ear, and then certainly he's like, oh, I'm better start shaking your hands out because she's told me what. Then everybody wanted to shake his head.
Speaker 1: Brilliant After the break, Canberra clown show in a tick roll up, roll up, step right this way. Yes, it's the final Canbra clown show of the current Australian tour. And this time next week there will be a whole news circus in town. But will it feed the same old acts. You'll be on the edge of your seat because with any luck, this could be the last hurrah for the Canberra clown Show and some of these clowns under the Burly Griffin big top, such as I.
Speaker 17: Love the IBSA and it's so important that we have an independent source of news, and it's really important that we properly fund the IBSA so that we can continue to do this.
Speaker 1: Yes, get ready to say a big farewell, indeed a final curtain. Get it to Teal clown Kate Cheney, the current member for Curtain in Perth, who hopefully will be replaced by the excellent liberal Tom White, a man who actually stands for true common sense, WA style, true WA values, unlike the fraudulent ABC flogger Teal Kate Cheney. Oh and by the way, this is the true face of the ab see that Kate Cheney loves so much. Patronizing, condescending, rude, insufferably arrogant and disgustingly biased.
Speaker 5: Let me just get to I'm going to ask you one more time, and everyone is listening to me ask this question.
Speaker 1: But that's it. You're not I'm not getting an answer.
Speaker 4: You'll get an answer out of me.
Speaker 6: Twenty eight thousand, well, twenty eight thousand of those home remarkables.
Speaker 1: What would your mother say hearing you interrupt her? Just I've been interrupted the entire Just please.
Speaker 6: It's okay, I'm unflappable, Sarah.
Speaker 1: That was one of the most disgraceful moments of television during this campaign, and proof, if ever it were needed, that it is now imperative that if the Coalition does win government, they immediately defund the ABC and put it on a subscription only model. Let's see how many subscribers Sarah Ferguson can pull in another teal clown that, with any luck, we will never hear of again after this election, despite her last minute panicky support of Zion is the appalling doctor Monique Ryan. Here she was again this week at a public event, refusing to answer a pretty basic question.
Speaker 18: But my question is actually about political integrity. How can the voters of Couyong trust your campaign when your husband was caught stealing a core flute of a rival campaign opponent.
Speaker 1: Answer, of course came then none. Meanwhile, here's Labor clown Claire O'Neill, fresh from the ABC, and Sarah Ferguson now trying the same trick on Natalie Barr, getting her to silence Jane Hume.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Jane, this is a democracy and I'm a politician trying to have my say. I listened to you politely.
Speaker 10: Can you put your sleeping mud and you're continuing to do sleep Nat?
Speaker 1: Can you silence the microphone please?
Speaker 14: You know what I'd love to I think you got your point across.
Speaker 4: I don't really feel that idea.
Speaker 1: What a face, What a disgrace, Almost as ridiculous as Labour's most pompous clown Murray.
Speaker 15: What a joke.
Speaker 1: Who's just discovered the lockness monster.
Speaker 4: The opposition is asking for a briefing on something that doesn't exist. I mean they might as well ask for a briefing on the lockness monster.
Speaker 1: That'll win the election for you. But of course, what this election really is is a referendum on the greatest clown in the Canbra circus, and that is Alboso and my thanks to the Outsiders fan who, with a little help from AI, came up with this image. Albozo Gate, the circus of all lies, cost of living crisis. Look over there, economic train wreck. No survivors are my favorite. Alboso wool pulling magic. Great work. So here's just a final taste of Alboso before the circus crowds decide whether they want him back as top. Canbra clown for another three year run or will this clown be retired to the Copa Cabana Big Top. You can decide his fate next Saturday. But here's a reminder of this jester's greatest gags.
Speaker 2: And then I became an economic policy advisor to the Hawk government once again, have Veggie might back in his CAPLI back on the agenda. I'm here to change the country.
Speaker 1: What's the worst moment of this campaign so far?
Speaker 5: Probably falling off the stage.
Speaker 16: Py me to state you said this morning at the breakfast event that falling.
Speaker 4: Off the stage had been the worst moment of the campaign for you when you were in the hundred Valley.
Speaker 5: It was a joke, chill out, but at the time you had it for well, I'll give you all. I would like to clarify from the campaigning.
Speaker 8: So why is it important to you to say that it was a step in mofore?
Speaker 1: Well, I have no idea why you are interested.
Speaker 13: It's emblematic.
Speaker 5: Misfrigere's something about their character. You know, I stepped off the stage. I didn't fall over on my backshie.
Speaker 2: The biggest example of dilulu is that nuclear energy has a role in the solution yeah climate change in.
Speaker 10: The nuclear power too has a pivotal role in achieving global net zero emissions.
Speaker 5: By twenty fifty.
Speaker 2: Nuclear power is the most expensive form of new energy.
Speaker 5: Nuclear power is literally one of the most affordable, it's non emitting, and it supports billions so our economy.
Speaker 1: Nuclear power just doesn't stack up.
Speaker 16: This is a real game change when it comes to nuclear part of a bigger story about clean power and making sure.
Speaker 1: That we hit that clean power as we go forward. Nuclear is a.
Speaker 2: Part of that when it comes to nuclear energy, because the facts in the science tells us that it simply doesn't stack up.
Speaker 1: The reality of facts and evidence tells us that you can't get to that zero twenty fifty without some nucleia. Ah. Yes, Prime Minister Albert James.
Speaker 5: I didn't fall. I did not fall.
Speaker 1: I just took a step backwards. Good luck Australia. I think we're going to need it. What would the Beatles say? I love like a son. We need this mask, hyper bowl, extreme exaggeration, and we've got some beauties this week.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, we've got some absolute goal. Should we start with former floatist Michelle Obama?
Speaker 1: I think yes, I think so yes. Let's have a look.
Speaker 4: We don't articulate as black women are peen, because it's almost like nobody ever gave us permission to do that. You know, she's launched this new podcast with her brother, and I think it will go a long way to eliminating any chance that she'll ever be a presidential because she's always been pushed by so many people as Oh she's so hugely popular, enormous appeal. No, this podcast is woefully rated despite the enormous promotion he gets. She just winges incessantly about everything, everything from Baraque to her life to her time in the White House. It's just a misery compilation every time. And there she's talking about, you know how black women aren't allowed to air their grievances. Really have you watched The View or any other program. Give me a break. And she even talked about, you know, you have to accept in long term relationships periods of unhappiness, maybe a decade of unhappiness. And I'm like, what is going on a decade of unhappiness?
Speaker 5: Michelle not? I can't imagine. I mean, like, you know, let's just stick up for the blokes here for a second. I'm never going to be one to stick up a Barack o baba, but you know, could you imagine him sitting there? Hey, how was the podcast? Honey? Oh, give it a listen? Okay, what what have I been a visual for ten years? When you know, maybe he should do a podcast? It starts feeling about her.
Speaker 1: No, actually exactly. She also complained reads her about how she didn't go to the Trump's inauguration and in order, she was so determined she told her team not to pack any clothes for her in case she changed her living completely universe by the taxpayer.
Speaker 4: Bold empowered power moved to tell people, you can say no, you also didn't go to Jimmy Carter's funeral? Was that some bold empowered bab But.
Speaker 5: You know what it is, It's not empowerment. It's narcissism, like the whole heart of her claim about saying, oh, well, I was supposed to because of protocol go to the inauguration, but I did it. I still for myself what.
Speaker 1: A great person I am.
Speaker 5: Oh Trump is rude. Trump's breaks norms. Well, how about holding them up for yourself?
Speaker 1: That almost as brave Rea to.
Speaker 4: As Oh, our favorite Megan Mark. Oh, here we go talking at length in mys Be said about flowers and sprinkling little dried flowers on whatever she prepares.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about.
Speaker 8: That's because I think it speaks to the tiny moments of joy that are so effortless and just create a.
Speaker 4: Little bit of magic. And we're all craving in our every day.
Speaker 8: Your tiny little flower pedals are driving. I started putting them on the sours.
Speaker 4: I started putting them on scrambled eggs. It didn't actually matter on a yogurt perthey I think I lost about twenty to thirty IQ points just listening to that vacuus but pointless.
Speaker 1: But the worst thing was it in the way it was the Emmy in the corner. This was the time one hundred most crazy.
Speaker 5: Talk was supposed to be influential, you know, I mean, like I can only imagine what he would do love, I mean, what he would have told him to say that. But he would have been absolutely though to be asked. He was pretty polled with the direction time of take it for a long time. But like this was supposed, what's the great power magazine of everything? The arbiter Dallas being a miracle talking about dried flowers and cheering up. You know, if you know, if you need to cheering up, don't exercise, don't eat it, just bring some dried flowers off whatever cheering up.
Speaker 4: I would avoid Megan Michael and her ginger Winja husband because they are another couple who are just constantly.
Speaker 1: Now also the empowerment of flying into space and going out. Obviously, poor old Katie Perry. I think that flight when they landed with a bit of a bump, must have done something to her head because I have a look at her dancing skills now eleven seconds in space, and I.
Speaker 5: Think I've seen I think I've seen you know more sort of you know, classical dancing from some persons standing a little paramount of roadway.
Speaker 4: On a cringe fist. Unlike anything we've said I think she left any dancing ability she had in space ext Sadly.
Speaker 1: That's it for this week, but what a week coming up. We've got the election on next Sunday morning outside is You've got to be here. But during the week, remember Rita every evening and eleven, but more importantly Friday, the big night. Cancel everything else. You've got the world according to Rowandine. You've got the US Report with James Moray. You've got lefties losing it with Rita. Panny, what a night. We'll see you after the election. Vote wisely,