Speaker 1: Get Morning every day.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a special part of the podcast, just a few little extended chats where pretty much nothing is off limits. For example, we're ready for this.
Speaker 1: Radio.
Speaker 2: We get to take a deeper dive as well. Jode'es into news real Abbey's love life, which is just as complex as a spider web.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we she couldn't tell this story on air because it's just because I'm so dead. Yeah, it's just so intense. But we were all gobsmacked. Okay, go on, just tell it. I feel like we take a deep dive into my love life on it.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so as we all know, this year, I've sort of been like, okay, I need to get back into the dating game. I'm thirty three now. I would like to find a husband and settle down. You know, the sausage dogs need a father figure in their life. Tory is a little a whole. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so here I am.
Speaker 4: On the apps again because you know, how else do you meet people? And I swip by a guy and we match and we get talking and after probably a few weeks, we exchange numbers.
Speaker 1: He lives about an hour from Adelaide, So when you see you get talking. I don't really know how this weeks is.
Speaker 4: So you're online talking keah online, you're on the app talking, and then it got to a point like I don't have notifications on for the dating app, so you know, every now and then you have a look back and see if anyone's message or who you've matched with. So I got to the point where I was sort of missing messages and he was like, you know, do you want to swap numbers? So I was like yeah, fine, cool, So we swapped numbers. We're chatting. There's phone calls like there's you know, our long phone calls that we're getting to know each other. Anyway, then.
Speaker 1: We catch up and we have a coffee and it was a really quick coffee.
Speaker 4: It was really nice. It was like, you know, it was just good. He was a gentleman. He opened doors at the stage.
Speaker 3: Oh you come to theay, how was the service?
Speaker 4: He got a little bit angry because the bar of the barista was flirting with me.
Speaker 1: He was like what what was that?
Speaker 4: So? And was the general of the peacock there who you too have had an affair with? Yeah, I went on the days that he wasn't there because I knew that he might start.
Speaker 2: A rucking was crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, So we had our coffee and then the next day I get a.
Speaker 1: Phone call and it's him. You know, yep, cool, not out of the you know, not weird or anything.
Speaker 4: And he goes, oh, look, Abby, I need to tell you something before this goes any further. And in my head I'm thinking, all right, you know he's got kids, is married.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, like yeah, like you know something like that. Whatever. How many times have you used that to get out.
Speaker 2: I'll prove it.
Speaker 1: And so he says, I need to tell you something.
Speaker 4: I murdered somebody, sorry, back when I was fifteen, and I spent nine years in prison for it.
Speaker 2: WHOA, that is heavy.
Speaker 4: Now, Well, I at that point have just kind of gone silent slash. I'm laughing, what like, you know what someone told you something you just cannot believe. I literally just sat there and I have my laptop opening, so I've been working at home and I'm going.
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 4: And I said and he sort of was, oh, I just wanted to tell you because you know, if this goes any further, most women just walk away when I tell them, man rahah. And I was like okay, well that's fair enough. And I said, can you who was the guy who was killed? And he told me the name and I put it into Google on my laptop as he's on the phone, and I search it. Legit, this is full on legit was him and another guy. The other guy was sort of I guess you could call the instigator. This guy obviously still went along and did it.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So the whole thing, I'm sort of okay, I'm going to go now, I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 4: But the whole thing was telling people about the situation. And I had majority of all of you here, do not go on a second date with him, do not see him again, and you know, do not do it. Have I had mentors saying, Abby, if you advertiser, get ahold of this, that you're dating someone who used to who's murdered someone, you're not a good look for you for your profile.
Speaker 1: Then I went to dinner with my two sisters.
Speaker 4: Now my family, mum makes it known all the time how much she just wants me, you know where. It's like, I don't want to have to worry about you anymore. I just want you to find someone. My family all turned around and said, oh I have he.
Speaker 1: Was fifteen, he did his time. Oh my god, surely you know he's changed. He's changed, he's changed. It's fine.
Speaker 4: I said, he's got four kids in New South Wales that he doesn't see as well.
Speaker 1: And oh no, it's fine mention that.
Speaker 4: Oh so so I've got you guys saying do not go there.
Speaker 1: I've got the family going.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's probably changed, and you know he's trying to use redemption and give him a second chance just because they want me married off and with someone.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know, this was death. The only death that will accept is someone who's been involved with a eat gasoline accidents as a fifteen. That's heavy stuff to deal with.
Speaker 1: Very very heavy.
Speaker 4: And of course then i've you know, he was a child when it happened, so name's been suppressed, et cetera. Yeah, I'm doing as much research as possible. What can I find? What can I dig up?
Speaker 1: My goodness, just you found some stuff? Yeah, found some stuff.
Speaker 2: So he's a kicker as well, Jodes. So Abs thought so she was finding a date match on Tinder. Yeah, turned out she typed in wrong and she got it from Krimda.
Speaker 3: And just for all those wondering, that was a very niche so landa reference to about the gasoline accident.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, oh dear.
Speaker 4: Anyway, so the search for the love of my life continues. I did actually work at a wedding a few weeks ago, and they had met on Tinder, so they were a Tinder success story. So a few people who I interviewed, I told, oh, I've actually just matched with a murderer, and they all went, oh, yeah, I think that's a universe telling you to give up. Yeah, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: What about when when Abbe introduces a new bloke to other families his name is Joseph and what's their name, Unt Coney, and the parents are like, oh no, he's completely fine. You're like, God, do some research's goodness say?
Speaker 4: And then there we are pressing play on the net on the new Netflix true crime documentary and bang happy pots.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: To be fair, though, I met Greg when I was his pinpal and he was in Yetler. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you guys have worked out. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 3: We've got four beautiful children together.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't have any data