Speaker 1: We got get Morning every day every lam Adelaide.
Speaker 2: And Jelly on the pie, flying through the gully singing nearly with thee.
Speaker 3: Please welcome to the show, Joshua Shelley.
Speaker 1: Ah, there he is in the flesh, josh welcome, good morning guys, thanks having me.
Speaker 4: Interestingly, he was nodding along to his intro. Then he loved it. How often have you heard that?
Speaker 5: By the way, about five hundred times. I think.
Speaker 1: Just quickly take us through that, because that's why the kick a forward boys, and you're in the actual skit dancing along.
Speaker 2: So it was all organized and everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately it was last year when we were in Perth through our pre season camp, but that was one of the gigs I had to do and made it with them boys. They were actually a great bunch of boys, but the video wasn't too good. When it came out.
Speaker 2: That was very good.
Speaker 7: I got some move It's interesting because they did one with cane corns as well, and you were saying he was They came into the studio and they did all this stuff for Kine and just fired a couple of questions at him and he walked into you and he was.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, because Caine was like, right, I said to him, you've got from six thirty five to six forty that's in between breaks. And Josh Gallut came and was like say this, this, this, and this. Kane walks around. He's like, I don't know what the hell he just did, and I was like, trust me, it's going to be very fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was brilliant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is haunting you though it is gathering on you pumped.
Speaker 6: Up, very pumped up, especially as we are Noughton three at the moment, so it's a very important must win game for.
Speaker 4: We weren't going to mention the war, but you were.
Speaker 2: He stopped on the front floor.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's the feeling like at the club? Not the best start of the season, it's not.
Speaker 6: But after last night's performance from one of our special talents, Isaac Rank and it was quite unbelievable to watch him go go live at playing guitar and singing on last night. So he's a bit of inspiration for us this week.
Speaker 7: And it was a packed house and that's a lot of pressure and he just belted it out in he was so good.
Speaker 1: So for tuning for the first time, you're like, what was Rancan sings and plays guitar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rap your is around this. That's not football are good. That's not like somebody who's good at something else.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like proper musician good.
Speaker 6: It's amazing actually, because that was the first time he's ever performed in front of a massive crowd like that, and prior to that, the week before it was in front of twenty of his teammates and.
Speaker 7: That was it, and that was it, And was he a bit nervous beforehand?
Speaker 6: He was a lot more nervous. I think it's always hard at performing in front of friends and people when you see they're smiling in the background laughing because we had no idea what he was doing. But out there he just performed. Amazing.
Speaker 7: Isn't that funny from a bloke who performs in front of one hundred thousand people at the MCG and then that's the thing that gets him with the anxiety.
Speaker 4: It's funny, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It's crazy?
Speaker 2: Joshua Shelley, do you have any hidden talents, like Isac Rankin?
Speaker 6: I don't, but apparently its getting thrown out the moment that I'm good on the decks, but I can't confound Never.
Speaker 2: Jameson. We saw the article on the advertiser. The literally were going to rip it.
Speaker 4: Up, tell everyone where to come and see perform on the decks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Adelaida Oval Sunday nights. I am on at about nine point forty, so there'll be square.
Speaker 7: I'm forty on a Sunday night. Well, I definitely won't be too late for this school.
Speaker 1: What about some of your teammates who is good at something that we don't know about?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 6: Riley O'Brien is a freak nerd so he got a ninety nine point nine something at US. So he's unbelievable, studying to be a doctor in neuroscience.
Speaker 5: So he's done. He's actually crazy.
Speaker 6: If I had to say a funny one, Jakes Lego, he is he's hidden talents farting because all the time he's in the room he stinks, so it's always it's always coming out of him.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a seal when he fasts.
Speaker 7: We found out this and this is so low brow and I'm so sorry, but it is funny. Seals when they sneeze sound like a fart.
Speaker 2: Ye live look into Josh h Shelly and Jake's Lego just a cap young blokes, it's a seal protein intake.
Speaker 4: It'sn't that amazing. Well, there you go, the things you find out.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be OUs back, aren't you this week? There we are hopefully Yep, confident everything is in the right direction.
Speaker 7: Rooming with confidence is our Josh Jodie mentioned just before.
Speaker 2: But from the outside looking, because you're a Melbourne boy, aren't you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sheppin and boy shepperdham boy soccer background, all those types of things. Are we absolutely the admiration of a nation right now? Like would people at Melbourne be like, how jealous are we that everything is happening this week in Adelaide?
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially Victorians. I think Sydney was trying to do a similar thing round one and it didn't really work at the start of the year. But I know it's pretty it's pretty cool. They've got it locked in for the next few years, so hopefully it stays in Adelaide.
Speaker 5: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 7: It's interesting because nearly half the people coming this weekend are from interstate, so it's about forty percent I reckon.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's it's going to be a cracking weekend. Can't wait for it.
Speaker 1: Josh, we love you, Thank you for stopping by, and we'll catch up with the end very very soon.
Speaker 5: Thanks, guys, have a good one E's week.
Speaker 3: You're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 5: The news today, breaking news, what's the news today?
Speaker 3: Most snooze news.
Speaker 7: On the eve of gather around, we start to have a look at the financial impact this thing is going to have on our state abbey in the newsroom.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a big one this year. So we made about eighty three million for the economy last.
Speaker 4: Year, which is huge.
Speaker 9: But this year we've had forty percent of tickets have been sold to interstate and overseas visitors, which is really good for us. A lot of them are coming over and making the most of school holidays coming up and yeah, just coming over to head to the regions and go to the Barossa and things like that. So obviously all week there's gather around things happening. But they do think it's the economic value will surpass what we made last year, so that's really good news. But yeah, gear up for a wopper of a week.
Speaker 7: I didn't not speak about it in a second, but I did notice that they gather around spectacular last night. They were at Pains to do a lot of tourism type stuff like show a lot of the regions, and they had Billie Brownless going around in a bus and so I feel like there's a real focus on the tourism aspect. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Max Gorn has been snapped at a few different places out beaches and things like that. But Tom Hawkins he did a video for I think it was Menado Zoo maybe that was on the essay tourism page. So they're going to use and you abuse those that they can well video. Is there anything cuter than Tom Hawks standing there with a lima with a baby lima.
Speaker 2: Like I speak on behalf of all three fans. I die for Tom Wons.
Speaker 5: Guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, yeah, okay, all right, So we spoke about that gathering in Spectacular last night. It was pretty big, packed out the entertainment center. Your girl Delta performed, of course she did.
Speaker 4: She just did a medley and just doesn't know how to miss that woman.
Speaker 1: She's absolutely fallless. Now, every times you reckon, I can say fall less. When you say Delta Gridram in the same second, it's like, as soon as you say the words Delta Gridram, I think my brain goes say flawless.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sometimes I don't even get through the world flawless. Sometimes I don't get through the word delta. I don't even get to the word delta.
Speaker 2: Flelter fludroum.
Speaker 4: Anyway, she performed, but also the surprise package of the night was Isaac rankin the Adelaide Crow.
Speaker 7: Who sang a beautiful cover of a song that I don't know but anyway.
Speaker 5: Play it.
Speaker 2: Let your heart melt to this. It's plenty good.
Speaker 4: Him playing the guitar, by the way, man, that.
Speaker 2: Is really really good.
Speaker 4: It's good, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Don't you just imagine that.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't know, maybe it's raining, so it's late at night and isa actually carrying you in his arms and.
Speaker 2: You just feel safe, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like when he's carrying you, you just feel like there's nothing else happening in the world.
Speaker 4: And seeing that acoustic version in your ear.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. He's also carrying it at the same.
Speaker 4: Night, and you're like, I could die for this man.
Speaker 7: What about excuse me if you see my baby gleamur, I'm over here.
Speaker 2: We've moved on quick. Serious talent from Isaac.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that was nice last night.
Speaker 7: And then they did an interview with Bell and Rory Sloan at the mostly on Date Night in inverted commas like this, seven cameras around, guys, you're broadcasting live into the Entertainment.
Speaker 4: Center for the footy show Spectacular. It ain't Date Nights d Night there out of date night for their month.
Speaker 1: So I just to quickly wrap up all things football. I'm squoting support Outela. Jason nor Francis is.
Speaker 4: Back in Oh your boy boy.
Speaker 2: No one listened to by the way, Yeah, loves it, loves.
Speaker 4: My good morning Jason. If you are listening, thanks, he continued, support.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that. Just go HEA's on the text. Thanks mate.
Speaker 1: I did telling my time because he said, I listen to you guys most mornings. So Jason, I don't care if we're talking to the Prime minister. If your name pops up on that phone screen, we're putting you on.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Anthony.
Speaker 7: Jason nor Francis And also a quick question, do you actually have his mobile number? Has he handed it over yet?
Speaker 2: It was like, ah, we'll call you through the line of that system, whatever it is. Do you trust me with his number there? Anyway?
Speaker 1: That's your post at Snooze News Joe's can you drop the first question for the six fifteen vending machine quiz?
Speaker 4: Next, one more quick question. Do you have Delta's number?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not? They said, yeah, it starts with those three. I couldn't find it football with her brother? What what if I played football with trend? Why would I have access to his sister's number?
Speaker 4: Because you're not smooth enough.
Speaker 3: That's why I.
Speaker 2: Thought, that's right. Yeah, Okay, I think I was. I think I was competing with Brian McFadden.
Speaker 7: Back.
Speaker 2: I'm joyed with the home of freshets and throwbacks.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's no question about it.
Speaker 2: You know that?
Speaker 1: What about this alarming study which kind of makes sense for the younger generations and probably makes sense for the older generations as well. New research reveals most people are afraid of being judged on their music taste. The data collected by Spotify and Census Why I found that sixty one percent of people say they're apprehensive about playing music in front of their friends are whopping. Seventy seven percent of gen z's are afraid of their mates judging their music choices, while only forty four percent of those ages between thirty five and forty.
Speaker 2: That's us take. I don't care about what their friends think.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is ridiculous on it old, You're just like.
Speaker 7: I can't give a rats If I want to play John Farnham's two Strong Hearts at that hot and singing at the dome my lungs, I will.
Speaker 1: And we're such an open, beautiful space here at Ovah by night. It's a judgment free for the most part. But for example, I mean Zoe your jen z I am. And you judge people on their music, I do.
Speaker 10: Really aggressively, Okay, harshly, super great, so harsh if you could you put them in jar.
Speaker 4: Would let me let me ask you this question.
Speaker 7: If you met a bloke and you found out that he had musical taste that was questionable?
Speaker 4: Yes, that is that a nick?
Speaker 3: That is the only situation in which is a nick.
Speaker 10: Yes, I don't judge my friends music days. You guys can listen to you John Farnham. That's all good now that.
Speaker 1: Especially now, don't you dare say you don't know who John Farner, I know who you don't.
Speaker 10: Now that I'm back on dating apps, lots of people will put their music taste on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an immediate green or red flag. I will swipe yes or no, depending on their music taste.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, well let's just go around the room, shall we? And why do we kick off with you? Your guilty pleasure song?
Speaker 2: Your song? You're like, oh jeesus if I'm getting a joked for this?
Speaker 10: Yeah, this actually happened to me in the car. I just hit shuffle when this bad Bird came on. It's a young MC buster move.
Speaker 2: No judgment here.
Speaker 1: You got to think with this song suit me on my MySpace page, producer Emily, what about you?
Speaker 11: So mine's very embarrassing and for many years I would never admit to it. And if it came on shuffle, but oh what's this doing here? But now I've fully embraced it. And it's the Queen Dolly parton and Kenny Rodgers islands in the stroke that wow, happen wrong? God, Joe's loves it more than I do, you.
Speaker 1: Know, judgment from Jody quite the opposite, quite quite some appreciation. I love that for you there, that's not a bad juge Joe's. I'll take you through mine before we get to yours. All right, So look, I don't get to play this much at home. But if my MySpace was still going, then absolutely that's.
Speaker 8: What our city every single every time we run this place.
Speaker 1: And I don't think traditionally for what I kind of an I'm supposed to like songs?
Speaker 7: What does he say about fireflies? There's a line about fireflies.
Speaker 1: I would like to make myself believe, And he sings like that as well.
Speaker 2: That's not traditionally, doesn't he sing about fireflies?
Speaker 3: It's the name of.
Speaker 1: The song, So yes, they do speak about fireflers giving out his subject.
Speaker 2: What about yourself? Judge?
Speaker 7: What have you Got's a traditional chick anthem and I it was sort of very uncool, but then it became cool when it featured in Bridesmaids.
Speaker 4: And it's a bit of Wilson Phillips, go on, is it really?
Speaker 7: Come on?
Speaker 4: You know you're on this way in sud Someday somebody's gonna make.
Speaker 3: You want to turn around, say.
Speaker 4: Tell then it?
Speaker 1: Oh good?
Speaker 3: You know, don't you know?
Speaker 4: If you change is going away?
Speaker 7: You just got a hold on for one more day?
Speaker 2: What's going on here?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I went back, We're back. Let's going on to you one more day? Okay. So that's got so many spiritual connections.
Speaker 7: So many laugh lessons then really yeah.
Speaker 4: So you can sustain or you can be comfortable with the pain. It's up to you.
Speaker 1: This is why Abby goes after you for your age.
Speaker 2: This is very simple.
Speaker 1: Twenty four ten your judgment free songs, give us a course sent us text I for double nine my nine.
Speaker 2: There's no judgment here. We'll leave you a little bit more of this. Go off, Jay.
Speaker 5: Pass you fine.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about relationships for just one moment.
Speaker 7: Can we have you ever looked at that old couple that are walking down the street and they're holding hands and they've been together for sixty years, and you go, how'd you guys do it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And cheese. They've both got some stories to tell.
Speaker 7: Yes, So a couple's therapist has noticed seven signs of couples who made it. So these are the qualities that got people to the other side of the marriage battleground, if you will. So there's seven things here, and as I say them, I want you to mentally tick them off and see if that's what you're doing in your marriage. To Kara and play along at home. Please have a think about oh, okay, do we do that or do we not?
Speaker 3: Do that.
Speaker 7: And for the purposes of this exercise, I've brought in producer Zoe, who's only in her twenties, but it's just been through a relationship breakup.
Speaker 3: So here's a.
Speaker 4: Few hints and tips for you.
Speaker 3: To get through. I really appreciate.
Speaker 7: It to be here, so soon tell me if it's too So, well, we're here, all right. The first one that the therapist noticed about these couples is that they were friends and they genuinely enjoyed.
Speaker 4: Each other's.
Speaker 2: That's the most important.
Speaker 7: And they genuinely enjoyed each other's company, and they were excited to come home and hear about each other's day.
Speaker 4: So that's the first one that I.
Speaker 3: Had that so okay, we'll see where I lack.
Speaker 7: They had difficult conversations. Well, you had a difficult conversation with you. It was like this is done.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: So they didn't cope by avoiding or denying that anything was wrong.
Speaker 4: So they hit things head on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's hard, and that's really hard for your stock standard bloke to wipen up and talk about what's exactly on your feelings and you know you're at the jumpman and say that's me to an absolute teap. My wife will say as well, we said the other day. She'd be like, I'll speak to you week after week.
Speaker 2: Is what's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Noting nothing, nothing, And then one night, maybe after a beer and a half of Belae, hey, I'm ready to talk for.
Speaker 2: An hour and a half. Yeah, where did they come from?
Speaker 7: And she's like, I want to watch the Real Housewives?
Speaker 4: She's Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I just want to watch the football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a good one. They take the mickey out.
Speaker 7: Of each other, so you make light of each other's quirks. So you might get annoyed by them sometimes. And let's be honest, when you first start out in a relationship, everything they do is cute. But after six seven years it's like that is so annoying. But you can still take the PI double five out of it, which is important as well. They let each other be themselves, so they didn't want to change the other person.
Speaker 4: That's really important.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, absolutely, because if you go into a relationship, and this is from a guy who's searching an expert in relationship, don't you just if you have a relationship thinking that there's an ideal person that your partner could be and you think that you could mentually change them over time.
Speaker 2: You probably won't. Yeah, you probably won't be able to change.
Speaker 7: And you fell in love with that person because of who they are, right, So I don't know why you would ever going with the intention of changing someone.
Speaker 2: Don't change us because we are who we are, do you know.
Speaker 10: What I mean?
Speaker 7: Once a horse, always a horse. The next one is they fight, so you get frustrated sometimes, but you learn how to navigate that frustration by actually getting into it.
Speaker 4: But navigating conflict, well just through our.
Speaker 1: Painting a picture here. This is not a visual mania. But Jodey goes, you know, they learn to get into it. And you did that little thing you do with your fish like someone, So what.
Speaker 2: Are you talking?
Speaker 7: That's the best way to resolve a conflict of anyway.
Speaker 2: A formal ice hockey player as well.
Speaker 1: The amount of times are Jo's and Greg gott you have had an issue and it ends up with Jody with her shirt over her back ice hockey style drops the mittens in it.
Speaker 7: There we go. They have boundaries with families, so you don't venture the family or the kids about how mum and dad annoy each other.
Speaker 4: That's a big one.
Speaker 7: Too, and they do what's best for their partnership and the relationship. And the last one is they've been through dark times. This one almost makes me cry because it's those people that have been at the crossroads and you've even had second thoughts and you've thought, do I want to continue in this, but you've decided yes, I choose to stay used to be with you, and that they say the experts builds trust. So if you've been to war with someone and you got through that war and you say I still want to fight alongside you, then there you.
Speaker 2: Go, there you go. That's really nice. It's quite it's quite profound.
Speaker 1: You know, my wife and Kara and I have right now as well, and it was her idea because the most testing time I think possibly in a relationship. What I found is when you've got kids and you're trying to work out what sort of parents you are, and I know that my wife is an excellent parent, so I'm sort of trying to get tips on how to do it from her as well at the same time, but you get sort of angry, and you get sort of snarky, and sometimes you take out your aggression on each other.
Speaker 2: But it's clearly. It's a kids that honest.
Speaker 1: So now we've got this, it's almost like a safe word.
Speaker 2: Which is trenches. Really we're in the trenches. This is when you're in the trenches.
Speaker 1: So I just no, and then straight away so I need a safe word from Gara's she says, just trenches. I go, yes, all right, I am taking out on you and vice versa.
Speaker 4: One saw that coming from you. No one saw.
Speaker 2: That's all that's going on. So he's crying, Scott leaky eyes, what's going on?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 2: That this motion? How good's footy? Gather out? We're going back into him. On This Daisy.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Wednesday version of On This Daisy, where we give you a hot lethal injection chocolate block full of.
Speaker 2: Knowledge of the third of April.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to nineteen sixty one. Eddie Murphy was born in New York. He's sixty three today. One of the most talented performers I reckon I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: He's kind of a little bit of ahead of his time, wasn't he he was?
Speaker 1: Like I think he did so much for stand up comedy back in the day with the lyricus, et cetera. Like he absolutely put it on the map and made people go, hang on, this is this is really really coarseome two thousand and seven, Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richard Denis saying that he smoked his father's ashes.
Speaker 2: That was a really really.
Speaker 1: Long outrage just rumor that kind of made sense for Keith Richards because he was just I don't know if it means it's more of a rock star, but if anyone could do that and it still seems somewhat cool, maybe Keith Richards could you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: He's a little bit weathered, Keith, isn't he He's seen some stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's looked like he's one hundred since probably the age of that fish.
Speaker 2: But he's still going. I know, he looks about two hundred and fifty. Twenty ten iPads went on sale in the US.
Speaker 1: Who would have thought they would absolutely take over the souls of so many toddlers out there when my.
Speaker 2: Kids get hold of the iPad.
Speaker 1: That's their version of hard, illicit, addictive trucks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Auntie Jody was a bit of a bach the other night because I banned them in my house.
Speaker 4: As if you're all coming over, are you coming over to play?
Speaker 2: With your cousins found the iPad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, no, I collected them at the door, give them to me, hand them over, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Collect the devices. That's very serious, isn't it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then after about three wines they just all went and got them and I didn't notice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good Verity, Yeah, it's really good, Brandon. Well, you can have your special thing. We can have our special Yeah, because no one saw in April the third, in two thousand and nine by the Black Eyed Peas was bow.
Speaker 2: Righting a kisser.
Speaker 1: Boom, boom, boom, gotta get get boom, gotta get get boom, gotta get get, gotta get get boom