Speaker 1: Caseumers said, here's some of the best bets from Jason Lauren while we're on breaks, Lawrence, tell me what you know.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite segments we do on the show Probe the Pope.
Speaker 3: This is where we get to ask them questions instead of them asking us questions all the time.
Speaker 4: We love VIC police in here.
Speaker 2: Very different one this week, isn't it lots? Well?
Speaker 3: It is and I was saying earlier we have a lot of police men, but we haven't had a lot of police women in for Probe the pot Bow, but that is changing.
Speaker 4: This morning.
Speaker 3: Constable Anastasia Barker joins us. This morning, good morning, good morning, good morning. Now the point of because we always have a police officer from a different department, it's something and we've had so far. I've got to admit the dog squad was my favorite because they bot the puppies.
Speaker 5: He definitely.
Speaker 3: But you're a new police officer who has decided to join the police force in your thirties.
Speaker 2: Yes, total career change.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, after having a photography business, you've done a career change and joined the academy.
Speaker 4: Yes, very true.
Speaker 5: It was always the goal for me. I one ed two. I applied when I was twenty one, right, always wanted to be a police officer since I was sixteen.
Speaker 4: Is it in your family?
Speaker 5: No, No, No one in my family's a police officer.
Speaker 2: Because I think there's been a lot of people listening right now in their thirties who are looking for a life change, aren't happy with what they're doing. They're like, you know what, life's too short.
Speaker 3: So you've wanted to be pleased. Why didn't you do it when you were twenty one?
Speaker 4: So I applied.
Speaker 5: It was a very very different recruitment process back then. We're talking a while ago now. I got through to the fitness stage and then found out I was pregnant with my eldest daughter.
Speaker 4: It's not now right, not now? Yeah, Okay, it wasn't the right time.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, How hard's the fitness stage to pass?
Speaker 5: It's not too dipicause?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, right, because and fitness take this the right way, Victorian Police. But I'm guessing you don't have to go back and do it every year, judging by some of the officers that I've.
Speaker 4: Seen out there, some of the older guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, in your first two years of training, you have to do it a fair a few times, right, and after.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, your clean off. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So in terms of the process, so you go to the academy, you go jump through all the hoops and then what happens from there you in uniform at a certain station, Like what's the process?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so once you graduate, we go to the road Policing Drug Alcohol Division, right, so that changes amongst squads depending on what the need is. So my squad was there for four weeks and that's basically working on the booze buses. Oh yeah right, yeah, so that's your final stage called your DTW stage, So it's like the last bit of your academy stage.
Speaker 2: Do you ping anyone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Also where you do the traffic control because I see in the city on the corner of like I think it's like Collins An exhibition. There is always police there when the traffic lights are working, but they're either learning or practicing.
Speaker 5: So that's in the middle of academy, right. So yeah, we do two weeks in the city of city policing where we did traffic control and whatnot.
Speaker 4: But I always think the traffic lights are working, fine, what are they doing? Yes, that's.
Speaker 2: We were saying earlier that show RBT. We'll watch it at home and that's it's going and we'll sit on our couch going, yeah, he's over. As you're doing the RBTs and they're blowing in the bag, do you look at them again secretly? You're gone, mate, You're gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looks some people are dead.
Speaker 4: How long is it in the academy. It's about seven months. And what's the process of getting into the police force.
Speaker 5: What's it like the recruitment process. It can be quite stressful. It can vary depending on the person. For me, it took sixteen months, right, that was just medical. Being a little bit older. I had to do a few things a couple of times, such as my hearing test.
Speaker 3: But really, yeah, that must make you feel really old.
Speaker 4: But I passed and I was really happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that now it's a little bit different. The recruitment process has changed somewhat, so I don't think everybody has to do the entrance exam now I think there's no video interview, but yeah, you do this, the psych interview testing. It's it's quite a drawn out process, but it's.
Speaker 4: Because you have to do stress test tests and things.
Speaker 3: I imagine because police officers have to stay so calm environments.
Speaker 5: Not necessarily stress testing, but that's a part of the psych evaluations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, make sure you don't just snap like we would.
Speaker 2: You don't listen at the best of times. Imagine Lauren with the hearing test. You have to be like, hey, lost, you've been driving around with a siren on. You just haven't.
Speaker 4: I'm not good with attention to details. I would say. Also, you do shift work right, Yes?
Speaker 3: If you ever slept in because I missed the first half hour of the show this morning because.
Speaker 4: I slept in, you've never slept in? Do people do it? Though? And do they copy it from their mates?
Speaker 2: A little bit sleep and you get taste.
Speaker 4: It probably should be guys.
Speaker 3: I love like a random Facebook page. I'm not on Facebook very often. Sometimes I'll have a little scroll and just say what's going on?
Speaker 4: And I keep.
Speaker 3: Getting these posts which I'm taking starting to take quite personally, you know how It's like you're not you might not be in that group, but it pops up all the time and you're like, why am I? It's like targeted ads, but for groups?
Speaker 2: Is it the seat that attaches to your railing for stairs?
Speaker 3: Like it's like a group page and I keep getting these targeted posts and it's called the Dull Women's Club.
Speaker 2: Member.
Speaker 3: Actually, funnily enough, I follow the Dull Men's Club because I find it hilarious, so funny, and it's like basic things that like give you the ick, that irk you that or that you find really fascinating.
Speaker 4: Aren't that?
Speaker 3: Aren't you know, really exciting topics? Anyway, So I've joined this group Dull Women's Club screams my name. And a post went up the other day that this woman posted and I saw there was like six thousand comments under it, and I was like, oh, this spucked my attention. And it was this woman who refuses to share something with her husband, and I was like, oh my god, that makes me feel so much better that it's not just me, And it's about the way men use toothpaste. I refuse to share toothpaste with because when I've put my toothpaste on my toothbrush, I closed the lid and I put it away, and it's nice and whiter blokes spread the toothpaste all over the toothpaste holder, all over the top, leave the lid open.
Speaker 4: It's it happened in your house. You do it too.
Speaker 2: I got three sons.
Speaker 4: Oh god, the toothpaste must be and it gets hard, It goes hard, it goes trusty around.
Speaker 2: The squeeze a bit more out to get past the hard bit the lid until you get.
Speaker 4: To just leave it neat and is the lid.
Speaker 2: Because the moment's gone. Unless you do that the first time, then it's just crusty lid.
Speaker 3: In our house, separate toothpastes. We share a lot of things, but I refuse to let him use my toothpaste. And even yesterday he was like, do you know where my toothpaste is? And I was like, no, you have to open a new one. I was allowed to turn on mine.
Speaker 2: Surely you won't even give him a squirt, not.
Speaker 4: A squirt unless I squirt it for him. His toothpaste crusty, crusty, It is just always everywhere.
Speaker 6: It's not hard to knock the top off the crust.
Speaker 3: But also push from the bottom, let it come up the top. He's just like full at the bottom, empty a.
Speaker 2: Bit of that. You know those knives you and I bought online the knife block. We bought the pants, but we got the free knife. No one's allowed touch those knives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh they're your knives.
Speaker 2: Well, I caught Lou put him in the dishwashers knives like good knives. You can't put in the dish washer good knives, they're great knives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, blunts them, doesn't it. Someone goes to knife man, it comes around sharpens, you know, it.
Speaker 2: Comes into the van, he comes in. I'm going to need the number of the knife. Mond.
Speaker 4: So does Lou have her own sit knives that she's allowed to use?
Speaker 2: And they are lunch to hell? You could try, bloody. You could just be just going up and down on your arm. They ain't going to cut scamp James blunt. Good luck with that?
Speaker 4: How good?
Speaker 2: What about you and your a.
Speaker 4: In the workplace? Is there anything because I use the shared milk in the fridge here?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you won't use my own newik.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know what other people are doing when they open the milk. Yeah, I need crack the top off a new week?
Speaker 2: What are we asking for here?
Speaker 3: What won't you share with your partner or your colleagues? What is yours and yours alone? Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. There's a lot of stuff people won't share that they are a couple.
Speaker 6: Well, my Mum and Dad have a beautiful lounge, and they won't. They will sit in the exact same side. They won't sort of alternate like like some side. No one's to sit on your side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirteen twenty four ten. What will you not share with your partner?
Speaker 4: Just a not negotiable Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can be the smallest of things, and like you said, it might even be a workplace as well. Lauren is not a sharer.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of women will agree with this, that the toothpaste is out of bounds. I have mine, he has his. Because men make toothpaste too messy. You're all like, you're all like cave men when it comes to the way you manage your toothpaste.
Speaker 4: It's disgusting, goes everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's a quick process, you know what.
Speaker 6: Squeeze, chuck it on the toothbrush, tuck and chuck it.
Speaker 3: Back in the holder, close the lid, keep it neat, keep it neat, get it date thirty and you get the toothpaste on the bench twenty.
Speaker 2: Four to ten. What is the one item you refuse to share with a partner. Let's go to Abby morning abs good money.
Speaker 7: I don't share my shampoo and conditioner.
Speaker 4: Oh, you have to have separate ones like that.
Speaker 5: I use this all on stuff and yeah, yes, the same.
Speaker 2: Because blokesould use a bar soap.
Speaker 4: Really do you actually do that?
Speaker 2: I have to? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw this thing saying women have like I've got one for when my hasbit, I've got one for my hasbit dry. I've got one from when the blonde in my hair goes a bit orange, and he's purple shampoo, and then men have like six in one body wash.
Speaker 2: I ran out of body wash the other day, so just your shampoo. Yeah, yeah, I've.
Speaker 4: Done that shampoo and your body.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Where do you sit on soap? On the rope? I don't sit on it. You shouldn't. That'll hur point. Let's go.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 2: It's gonna ends that. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: We're good? What won't you share?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Soft drink?
Speaker 4: You can't do it. You have to have your own separate ones. Yeah, you flush one.
Speaker 2: They might drink from the bottle.
Speaker 4: They might.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, you know what. I Clint did something the other day which I took offense to. You were thirsty. It was outside, and I gave you my bottle of water and you didn't drink it. You know he did, but he did that thing where he has around his lips. Wouldn't how to be rim and you just let the water run down like a waterfall.
Speaker 3: I'd be more worried about the ten percent backwash. I wouldn't be drinking from your water bottle. Got in with that, no way your spit would be.
Speaker 6: We spent the day going, yeah, Rachel, I wasn't going to touch the side of that.
Speaker 2: What do you refuse to share?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 7: So me and my husband have our own snack boxes like snack draws, because he eats them too quickly, and every time I go back, I don't have what I'm looking for?
Speaker 2: What about? What about like does he's ever? Does he's ever run dry? And he's like, come on, honey, give me an oreo.
Speaker 1: What do you get all the time?
Speaker 2: Do you open your box for him?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not the mind.
Speaker 4: Because men who yeah, they really.
Speaker 7: Yes, exactly, And that's the most annoying bit. You go back and it's not there.
Speaker 3: We might open a packet and just have like a nibble here and there, like a here couple where you blokes open it and power.
Speaker 2: To the intrigues to here what your various what's in your box? Back boxes?
Speaker 4: So we've got like chips, corn chips, popcorn, eminem's get all big as bars.
Speaker 3: You've got the same assortment, but you just eat them at different places.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a bloody seven eleven him in that house mate.
Speaker 3: See if we open one of those big bags of cobs popcorn, that could last me five days, because I.
Speaker 4: Just have a handful that had last me five minutes.
Speaker 3: Well exactly, that's why we don't like sharing with your cookie mons.
Speaker 2: It'll be off in five days, especially the popcorn. They don't, Yeah, they do, exactly would be.
Speaker 3: I mean we go to just have a little graze and there's nothing there because you animals have eaten it all.
Speaker 2: Oh, David, Dave, welcome to the show mate. What do you refused to share?
Speaker 7: I hate sharing utensils, TopWare, you know things that we sort of use, you know, bottles, like just sharing with the wife's kids and all that.
Speaker 2: David, you sound like you want to live in your own house.
Speaker 7: I kind of do. It's just the whole idea of that. Were you sharing the like even when I always finished eating and wild like the spoon clean wipe drive, I'm like nap, Sorry, I bought away and get another spoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, Dave, I've actually thought. I haven't had the conversation with Lou yet, and I was thinking about doing it. I just want my own room. Yeah, in bed, just like my own room, like i'd set up as maybe like an office, so put a little foods on in there or something, but like, you know, sleep like I could put my own posters up.
Speaker 4: I keep are you fifteen?
Speaker 3: You want to sleep on a food on? And what put a teen are in a poster on the wall? Power Rangers?
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of people are doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry adult men in their forties are not putting posters on the wall.
Speaker 2: No, we'll not posters, but maybe, like.
Speaker 4: You said, post what sort of post.
Speaker 2: Like artwork or something?
Speaker 4: Just like different.
Speaker 2: I just just my own space, you know what I mean that the kids can't mess it up? No toys in there.
Speaker 3: Well, I was going to say, do you have lots of things you won't share with the kids, Like that's theirs they get the cheap ones.
Speaker 2: No, that's the problem. That's the problem. Kids just help themselves to whatever. Oh mate, when I got my cars, like, we're not going to be eating in my car now. It just looks honestly, someone could be Someone could be dead in there and I wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: Doesn't want to share his car with an adult.
Speaker 2: You do have to provide for the when we do school drop off, I just drive with the hazards on and they run next to the car.
Speaker 4: Just make sure they get there.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I hold a bottle of water out every now and then. You look thirsty. You're right, You'll be right, mate. Window goes back up.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren Wake Up Feeling Good on Nomber one hundred.
Speaker 4: On Socials