Speaker 1: Every day, Adelaide. Really it is so time for a let's go girl, I've got a hankering for a chick chat.
Speaker 2: Do you watch?
Speaker 3: And we are joined by newsreader Appy this Morning and also producer Zoe. Now I have a question for chick chat. Why is it always assumed that women will buy the presents in the family.
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure I'd be ticking that one, Andrew.
Speaker 3: And this question has arisen because the other night we were on the way to the bath Hotel to have dinner for my husband's brother's birthday, and in the car on the way he goes, He goes, you got Johnny present, didn't you? And I went, what, No, he is your brother, you be responsible and go and buy him a present.
Speaker 6: But also that you got a present, didn't you. Yeah, yeah, it's your fault if you haven't. Totally It used me very much, I.
Speaker 2: Had said to him a week before.
Speaker 3: What are you getting John, I asked, I asked my sister in law, what would John like? I've done everything I can to facilitate it, but the actual job of going to buy a present, Why did that fall to me?
Speaker 1: Because no one gets so I checked with It is just in amongst all the girls. Is greg annoying us a little bit?
Speaker 3: But then he took it a step further and he goes, oh, I could just oh, you know what I could do? I could give him that voucher you got from the soft Hotel because we've got a night at the Soft Doel because I am c to function for and they gifted us an evening.
Speaker 2: He goes, I can just give him that.
Speaker 3: No, you can't, wouldn't That is my present for me for you and I.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need a chance to speak here, to represent all the male species.
Speaker 7: Go on.
Speaker 1: Then it comes from a beautiful place in our hearts, not because we're lazy, because we know that the ladies in our relationship again to do a better job of selecting the right gift.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just pile some more crap onto our plate?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Can you?
Speaker 8: Well, I'll tell you what you do. Such a good job.
Speaker 1: I know that's in a way gas lighting. Do you want to give Do you want me to give you some examples?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: One time I got my beautiful wife and we've spoken about this before from Ned's who Instantley is in the shopping center near my house by the way, got too far out me a jewelry box, She car replied, I've never owned or wanted a jury box in my life. And I got that little necklace from Tiffany there on their own. She said, do you see me wearing anything else from Tiffany? I said no, I thought i'd surprised you'd make your debut. She said, there's a reason I don't wear anything Tiffy because I don't like it. I don't know, I don't know what I'm doing. No, I know that I don't know what we're doing.
Speaker 2: I know, but work it out.
Speaker 1: It's too hard to work.
Speaker 9: Do you know what happened to me?
Speaker 6: My ex boyfriend which he used to work away, and so he goes, Oh, your birthday's coming up. You go and pick what you want and I'll just put some money in your bank.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: And then I cracked it one night and I said, no, this is ball.
Speaker 6: The next birthday or the Christmas whatever it was, and I said, you need to go and you need to get me a present, and he did, and he did so badly that I stand next time, I just put my money in my account.
Speaker 8: Just been practical, practical.
Speaker 2: Do you know this is so?
Speaker 3: And we're and I blame us women as well, because we just do it because it's easier just to go and do it. When I split up from my first husband, I remember the Christmas after and the Christmas after that, I would still buy his family presents because I just knew that he wouldn't If I didn't do it, he wouldn't do it and they would get nothing.
Speaker 1: A bloody good job to it, didn't you thurteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 2: Let's do this?
Speaker 3: Who does all the present buying in your house? And how do you feel about it?
Speaker 9: Ladies?
Speaker 2: Responsibility falling to you?
Speaker 1: And the fella's thirteen twenty four ten. How much how stressful is it? Isn't there there, you poor thing?
Speaker 6: You're truly stressful at Christmas when Dad sits there with his coffee and the presence being opened.
Speaker 2: And all that, and oh, would you get a look at that?
Speaker 6: He's got no figure, no idea that mum got the PlayStation for the and can you answer this for me?
Speaker 10: I still have no answers for that question. Yeah, but I did get my son Marvel tickets for the weekend for Christmas. Yeah, my husband got the credit for it because he took him to the thing, and I got him like three rows backs, sent a stage amazing ticket, and my son came home goes Dad's.
Speaker 1: Amazing, best dad ever.
Speaker 10: And my husband just sits there with a massive smile on his face, like, yeah, yeah, this.
Speaker 2: Is the thing about you boys too.
Speaker 3: You're happy to take all the credit when things go well and you've done none of the hard work.
Speaker 8: I just sort of feel like it all comes back around again, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: But thank you so much, and good morning, good morning today. Yeah we're well thanks to your thoughts on this. I'm desperately keen to hear them.
Speaker 11: Oh you ready, Okay, So how do you'd understand this?
Speaker 1: You're what made the best decisions marrying you.
Speaker 12: Buy what marriage?
Speaker 13: Peat is always gould to make the best decision.
Speaker 14: To buy the right present, and when.
Speaker 15: She does, it's a team effort because we're a team.
Speaker 1: It's a marriage, That's what I'm talking about. And it all comes back around, and it all works itself out in beautiful.
Speaker 2: Ways, a good way.
Speaker 8: That's exactly what's going on.
Speaker 2: Let's go to tana.
Speaker 16: Hey, I'll my my own lawns if it means I don't have to buy the presence anymore. And I decided to dig in and I was like, nope, I'm not doing it anymore. A couple of years back, I'm like, I'm done.
Speaker 17: You want to buy.
Speaker 16: Present, you buy present. I'm sick of it. And you know, he got to the point where I was like, oh, just tell me what you want and I'll go get it. And he's like I don't know. And then it's the day and I was like, no, I'm done. So I was like, you are now in charge of presents. And then I felt really liberated until he outsmarted me and then just decided to give money.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, I still think that's what's So. How do you feeling now about situashan Tana? Do you regret anything?
Speaker 16: Well, you know what, I don't, because you know what I did to punish him. I was like, you you can write in the card.
Speaker 8: It's like I don't know how to write though.
Speaker 3: It's the other thing we always have to do is write in the cards.
Speaker 2: Like can't men do that either?
Speaker 8: She got better handwriting us.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's tough.
Speaker 2: I think you've learnt anything this morning.
Speaker 1: No, it's still a work in progress and we're still trying to work and out as we go.
Speaker 8: But here's the thing, Like.
Speaker 1: My wife will say to me, what do you want for Christmain, And I'll say I don't know.
Speaker 8: And then she'll get it right every single time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I wont not to get her, so I'll do something like cut my ear off and give it to her in a little package.
Speaker 8: It just doesn't work, same as when Vincent did it back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I think I genuinely think Tanna was right there. You need to practice, practice, practice, practice, and then just get better at it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's a message in all this. I'll get back to you. What a weekend it was.
Speaker 2: It was incredible live golf.
Speaker 3: Ninety four thousand people attended across the threat days and one man who was there yesterday was Peter melanowskis how Premierre welcome.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 2: I just said, you're a bit tired, and you're like, I'm good tired.
Speaker 18: It's just a big weekend, like the like you're just I mean, I've got a number of responsibilities I've got to do across the weekend, particularly talking to sponsors, and there are a lot of people who had come from into state who are significant business owners and industry leaders. And so by the end last night I was just starting to lose my voice, but honestly, it was it was just great to see the state come alive.
Speaker 12: And you know, the power of it.
Speaker 18: People talk about, you know, how full of the hotels and how many bums on seats on planes were there, and how busy restaurants were, and that's all important, that that does matter, and we can measure those things, but the power of it is having the eyes of the nation on us and actually people looking at South Australia in a different way. And that's that's what is really special, particularly at a time when you know, we've got a good story to tell economically, so we're grateful for that PROMI.
Speaker 1: How do you go with names everyone knows? You would have to know so many people's names, and I'm not talking about the one hundreds and thousands of people that know you. But also when you said if it's an important businessmen, you're trying to bring businesses South Australia, do you ever sort of slip up?
Speaker 12: Well, what happens is at the beginning of the day, I get.
Speaker 18: A list of you know, who's in the facilities and who I'm going to thank, so I get a bit of.
Speaker 12: A heads up, a bit of a heads up, or call it.
Speaker 1: A cheat sheet if you will.
Speaker 18: But no, look, you know, one of the one of the things that I enjoy about this job the most is I get to meet people in all different circumstances. You had to sort of really experience the extraordinary diversity of our state in fact like the country. And that's what really liked about yesterday because I try to walk around as much as I could, and there was just such a spread. You know, there was the heavy hitters paying god awful amounts of money to be there, and then but then you know, walking the course, there are a lot of young families. There, a lot of women, a lot more women and young people there yesterday, which I don't know if you saw that when you were walking around, but I thought, I thought, this is good. Is there's something for everybody, and that's important.
Speaker 1: You'd have to deal.
Speaker 8: With some very awkward social interactions.
Speaker 1: I knew you we don't know exactly what this particularly interaction entail yourself.
Speaker 3: And right now I'm embarrassed because I was going to tell this story not knowing that you were coming in this. I walked away from our conversation yesterday, and I don't know if you picked it up, but you said to me at the end, thank you so much for coming. And I said back to you, thank you so much for coming, and.
Speaker 2: Walked away my head. I'm like, what is wrong with me?
Speaker 1: So effectively you got your coffee and then the coffee person said enjoy coffee, and you said you too.
Speaker 12: I moved on pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Don't worried.
Speaker 3: But I did run into your beautiful wife and a belle in the toilets when we're having a bit of a chat. And something nice for the premier to do yesterday was to take your parents along to say thank you so much for babysitting.
Speaker 12: Well that well, we're now like heated.
Speaker 18: They've been under the pump, both Annabelle's parents and my parents the last few months, to be honest, so it was nice to have them there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a nice thing for you to do.
Speaker 8: Sleep you're very busy.
Speaker 18: It's been a really intense start of the year. But we've got a lot going on, like there's an awful amount of work. In fact, I'm down. After I leave here, we go down to Flinder's Medical Center and we've got a lot going on in that area at the moment, and that's I guess where all the focus is that in housing. They're the two things that occupy my mind the most. And we've got economically, I don't know if you guys saw it, but the Komworf Bank do this State of the State's report and for the second quarter in a row.
Speaker 1: We're number one.
Speaker 18: We've never had that position before ever in the history of the state. And so that's sort of humming along nicely. But our challenge is to make sure that if the economy is going well, how do we ensure that it isn't leaving people behind at the same time, and housing in that area is the thing that's really occupying our minds. And then there's challenges in health too, but we're trying to make as much progress.
Speaker 1: As we can.
Speaker 2: That's so above our pay grade, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, however, your thoughts on shoeies, because there were a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do you understand?
Speaker 12: Do you get it?
Speaker 18: I don't get it, I don't look well. Power to them. I got offered a few no no, no, no no, And and then some people said, oh, Bob Hawk scaled a few beers and stuff.
Speaker 12: Wasn't.
Speaker 18: Yeah, sure he did that after he left politics. It wasn't while he was in politics. So no, Look, look, people are having a good time. If they think drinking beer out of a shoe is a good thing to do out of a double that that's that's their call.
Speaker 12: But but where did it start?
Speaker 3: Was just taking on a life of it?
Speaker 1: Riccardo made it famous hero, but I he started it was somewhere else.
Speaker 8: I don't want to know the history if you don't know, yesterday.
Speaker 18: The Shark did one and people went absolutely nuts for it.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously a premier. You've come from double A and now you downstairs and have some funds. What we're going to do is, I'm going to give him my delicious all my dreams. There's more of a sandal than a shoe.
Speaker 3: Then don't start us on the on the toe fungus either. Thank you so much for coming in. Touch just turns to gold at the moment.
Speaker 18: The state's in a good spot, but we've got a lot of work to do, so it's going to keep powering.
Speaker 8: Hey, finally as well, nervous for thirst and on a couple.
Speaker 12: Of bloody showdowns. The showdowns are just such hard work. Like you know, I was sort of two weeks ago.
Speaker 18: I was thinking this might be one where we can go and Port hopefully we'll be looking good. But some big outs Crows and I didn't see any of it, but everyone's telling me the Crows looked really good. And you know Port's got some big injuries. So and then and every time we know showdowns are close. So just you know, now have to go through all the angina of and the sweating it out across weak But you know there's something special about showdowns. The state loves it and hopefully people get to enjoy themselves.
Speaker 1: Beautiful.
Speaker 3: You're a busy man, Thanks Jings.
Speaker 1: You're waking up to Adelaide today.
Speaker 4: What's the news today?
Speaker 2: Snooziness breaking it down for everyone this morning? Is Abbey in the newsroom. What's been going on overnight?
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 6: So the PM has called our domestic and family violence situation across Australia and national crisis. Essentially, thousands of people, not just women, also men who stood in solidarity with women, walked and rallied across the weekend in Adelaide. Ours was on Saturday morning at eleven at Parliament House yesterday, there was one in Canberra.
Speaker 9: The Prime Minister was heckled there.
Speaker 6: He was asked by organizers to talk, but he was heckled, and he continues to say that we need to do more. So he's calling a national Cabinet meeting on Wednesday. But yeah, essentially, at the crux of it, thirty two women have already died by the hands of an intimate partner this year. We're in April. It's disgusting. The figures absolutely disgusting. So they're going to look at perpetrator research. They're going to look at also bail laws as well. But yeah, we're getting to the point now where something's got to be done. The amount of round tables we've had, the amount of discussions we've working, and it's not working.
Speaker 2: One woman every four days this year.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's just absolutely insane. So I actually implore everybody, whether you're a man or a woman, to listen to the Imperfect podcast. They actually did a brought out the men who do the podcast put out an episode last week. Oh really, all to do around male violence. It is one of the most It will stay with me forever. I listened to it last week and it's just one of those podcasts that you finish that you just go, Wow, everybody's got a responsibility to do something here about this. It's not just government, it's everybody. You haven't listened to the imperfect, so oh, you would really enjoy it amazing. I went through a bit of a rough patch last year and listening to that just made me realize that everybody out struggling, but everybody out there goes through some of some similar things and it really really helped me get through that period in my life.
Speaker 9: So I really implore everybody that have listened to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk about Lift Golf, shall we for just a moment. We just touched on it before. What is it ninety four thousand people across the weekend r.
Speaker 1: Hate result, which is what an improvement about twenty thousands last year.
Speaker 3: It's just golf, but it's just golf on steroids. It's absolutely incredible.
Speaker 8: It's party golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, party golf.
Speaker 1: I give you watching it on TV and you're like, you're watching these guys tee off and you can hear it absolutely going off in the background.
Speaker 8: A couple of holes over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anywhere else were standing there At one stage We're on the watering hole and this was belting out and everyone, like five thousand strong crowd would have been around us, all just singing along.
Speaker 2: Was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Jeez, I wonder, I wonder if everyone was really seeing that.
Speaker 9: To the top of their line, Tommy ran on the microphone.
Speaker 2: This is the labor of his Yes, Tommy was to my right. He was having a very good time. Young Tommy can.
Speaker 8: Be very vocal in these situation. Yes, a young tom Wren.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but well done to Adelaide. I mean, we just prove it time and time again, don't we.
Speaker 2: We just show up.
Speaker 8: It's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why we keep on getting these big events. First of all, the premiere gets the here.
Speaker 8: Keep them here, excellent.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Just before nine o'clock I had a really super awkward conversation with the premier.
Speaker 1: I bet you did, I bet you did, and I bet you won't the hearth might as well. How many people are for a few years under the building. Idea's a premier.
Speaker 8: I'm going to say something to say, something that's completely starting.
Speaker 2: I know. Yeah, I'll tell you about it just before nine this morning.
Speaker 3: But but goodness, say, Jodie, you know how we talk about when we say stupid things and we walk away and just shake our heads it ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was me yesterday.
Speaker 1: Took to a new level with the premiere. And he's sharp. He will remember, I know, he remember everything news.
Speaker 3: I was very quickly going to say, remember that time he came in here though, and he said to us when he's leaving, hey, guys, if there's anything you can do for me, let me know.
Speaker 2: And you and I looked at each other and sure, sure, yeah, and then.
Speaker 3: He goes, Oh my god, did I just say if there's anything you can do for me?
Speaker 2: I met him?
Speaker 8: Wait, wait other way around?
Speaker 9: Switch that around anyway.
Speaker 2: I got one back yesterday, so I'll tell you all about it.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to that, Looking forward to Thursday night as well, show Down fifty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of injuries at PORL though.
Speaker 1: Few injuries on both sides as well. Can you believe as well? Though it's twenty seven apiece, is it? It's even really twenty seven wins each heading in to Showdown fifty five?
Speaker 8: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Correct me if I'm wrong on this, and I might be, But does it feel like the last couple of years when the Crow shouldn't have won.
Speaker 1: They have one hundred percent you bang on. So every time there's been a couple of times where Port's gone in as aggressive favorites and the Crows have found something. I always say, just sort of for whatever reasons, even's up slight. It's going to even up even more so with I don't reckon Rosie plays right, so he does have a hamstring injury in the saying it's minor. He might play, he might not. It's a short turn around as if you're going to risk Rosy, you're not going to risk Connor probably of course. Literally, it's definitely not playing Sampower. Pepper's not playing because Confirmation has done his acl and for the Crows, Luke Peddler's out as well his bungy shoulder. Yeah, so there's injuries across the board but for the Crows Locke, Murphy and Jordan. But it's played in the tubes and sample, so I'll probably come in. Yeah, I can't wait. Thursday Night, first time show piece Thursday Night as well, it's going to be huge.
Speaker 3: I love Thursday Night Footy because it feels like the weekend's coming early, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Friday feels like the extension of the weekend.
Speaker 2: So true.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, that's your posts snooze news. Shall we jump on in? It's hot, very high, but do you know it's getting really cold. I just want to stay here forever.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Unless you're one of those people who doesn't believe in showering daily, that's right. Experts say that daily shower has no proven health benefit, dismissing the dowsing as a socially accept the practice geared towards staving off accusations of funkiness. As a list like Jake Gillenhall and Millericurnis admit they've been saying no to the nozzle. I would I would die for Jack Gillenhall and Millericurnis. But I'm still showering unfortunately, even though they say don't do it. Miller Cernas said she only showers occasionally, and her husband, Ashton Kuscher, said he washes his armpits and crotch daily, but nothing else. Nice Ashton, fresh pits and bits. It's all about it. Come on, and everyone's jumping on board as well. In terms of some of the experts. Manhattan dermatologist doctor Julie Russak says that showers could strip ray the skin's microbiome, whatever the hell that is, which plays a role in protecting the skin and is also extremely important in overall health of the body. And a chemist by the name of David Whitlock oh Witzy he said he was so adamant about preserving his germal barrier that the bathing abstainer didn't shower for twelve years, instead adopting to spray himself with good bacteria that he claims neutralizes the body's smell mate chemicals.
Speaker 8: We can only.
Speaker 1: Assume that he means he's dousing himself and links Africa.
Speaker 2: I had an uber driver the other day. He smells.
Speaker 12: He smelled delicious, so bad.
Speaker 3: That when I got out of the Uber, I took his smell with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good, terrific because it almost got into your soul. Yeah, we've all been in a situation like that where you like But also if you're the one who's smelling, you probably get used to it within ten to fifteen minutes and then you don't realize that you're smelling. Yeah, So I wonder if you've been showering or not showering for days and days. You're so used to your own ode that you think that there is no odor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what's going on.
Speaker 2: How many times a day do you shower?
Speaker 1: I share it at least twice a day.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The first time in the morning, I shared, like four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: I get here nice and early to have a shower, And sometimes I just sit there and stare at the wall and the shower washes away my tears.
Speaker 8: It's fine, it's all it's all fluid.
Speaker 1: You know. That's me just firing myself up and shower four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: You shower it work, too, which is odd?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Absolutely, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 3: Do you ever walk, for example, from the shower to the office and just a towel?
Speaker 2: Do you do that before everyone gets hit?
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Sometimes I do. Like I've told you before, sometimes I'm wearing a towel and it's hanging and I'm not even using my hands.
Speaker 3: A joke.
Speaker 8: Not this again.
Speaker 1: Let's a smell good though, This is a and I in the home of squeaky fresh hits that shower daily.
Speaker 2: Now, that's a job.
Speaker 4: That's a joke.
Speaker 1: That's a job joke, a terrible job. We believe in humor as the best medicine for every situation.
Speaker 8: Got a cough?
Speaker 1: Here, here's a joke. We'll fix it exactly, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, who wants to go first? Mine's mine's a bit borderline too dirty?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Well we led fearlessly and so courageously in this space phone news reader, Abby, and good morning to you abs.
Speaker 8: Do you want to kick us off?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I never start, so I may as well.
Speaker 6: Right, mine's at the time, mine's very short, and mine's very blow and I'll.
Speaker 9: Probably be fine, so I don't care though.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 6: Also directed, what sort you hazy? Okay, ready, what's the difference between pink and purple? What's the difference between pink and purple?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: The grip?
Speaker 9: Okay, do you get it?
Speaker 2: Do you get it?
Speaker 8: Definitely get it.
Speaker 1: What I don't get joke is why it's potentially directed to mate. Oh you got to go down this blue path?
Speaker 18: Do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll go next. Here we go two guys walking down the street and they come upon a dog who is licking its own you know what, And one guy says to the other, I wish I could do that. The other guy replies well, I'd start by patent him first. A miscommunication in terms of intentions.
Speaker 8: And things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes it happened, sometimes it done. You've got to be so careful, You've got to be so all right.
Speaker 2: I might as well bring this home.
Speaker 3: Then a brunette, a redhead, and a blonde were in the obstetricians waiting room to discuss their pregnancies. The brunette said she was certain she was going to have a boy because she was on top when she got pregnant. The redhead said she was certain she was going to have a girl because she was in the missionary position when she got pregnant. All of a sudden, the blonde burst into tears. Between sobs, the brunette and the redhead finally got it to tell them why she was so upset.
Speaker 2: She told them she believes she's going to have puppies.
Speaker 1: The best spine abs the best part about this story is that a.
Speaker 6: Lot today has been disgusting, and we need to go and rinse our mouth.
Speaker 1: There the back of your anniversary, I hate that helped you in launching your Monday Hazy. It's Jody and Hazy in with you as we welcome producers Zoe, who's here to tell us about one of her mentors, and that is Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 5: Perhaps, right, anything, Kim, I've got it, I've got it.
Speaker 19: She's my hero. But I can relate to her a little bit, and I think lots of people would be able to bear with me. She sounds precious, but there's a good reason. Anytime she ever gets a Starbucks coffee. For those who haven't been to Starbucks, they put a cardboard sleeve around your coffee cup.
Speaker 5: So you don't burn.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you can pass it.
Speaker 19: Over to me, Yeah, it's got the cardboard around it so that you don't burn your hands.
Speaker 5: Kim will make her.
Speaker 19: Assistant whoever she's with, take the cardboard sleeve off for her before she will have a sip of her coffee. It's a bit precious, yes, And so that made headlines for all the wrong reasons because she sounds super devery. But the truth is she has a massive sensory issue and she cannot handle the feeling, the sound, the look all of it, of the cardboard coming off of the coffee cup.
Speaker 5: Said, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 19: I hate the feeling, like the sound, and whoever's with me, like has to do it while I'm not looking.
Speaker 5: I can't see it be done. I can't hear it, I can't feel it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twang, So just the use of the word.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, like I can't like hear it or feel it.
Speaker 8: It's like it's like really annoying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is one.
Speaker 2: I'm silly and dumb.
Speaker 5: I just think it's like dumb.
Speaker 8: That's a genuine sensory issue.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and I think I actually don't think it's unreasonable.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 19: She's She describes it as like nails on a chalkboard, the sound and feeling of the cardboard.
Speaker 5: Everyone's got some sensory.
Speaker 2: We're going into that for Kim.
Speaker 5: She's my hero.
Speaker 1: He would die for.
Speaker 5: I want to be her.
Speaker 8: Little sensory issues that tip you over the end.
Speaker 3: I think we've discussed it before. I think I've got misophonia with small sounds. You really irritate me. No, exactly the one you're thinking of. Yeah, there's there's a guy at my other workplace who aggressively blows his nose with alarming regularity, and it does my head in. Yeah, that would trigger I never said anything, though, I've just said it.
Speaker 8: On the show.
Speaker 2: Confronted him and said, mate, can you stop.
Speaker 19: Maybe it's time to tune in between seven seven twenty two on a Monday.
Speaker 1: And use this as therapy as well instead of waiting till Friday when you do Jody's diary.
Speaker 2: Do you have any weird ones?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirteen twenty four ten. What's your sensory issue? I've got a couple. I reckon spoken about it before, even though I do it quite a lot at the cafe. And that is the sound of someone sipping their tea aggressively. That's my dad back in the day. You would just be sitting there watching TV at night and just all of a sudden and you'd like, oh, we get it, mate, we can really enjoying your tea. The other one, though, as well, is the sound of swallowing.
Speaker 12: Oh oh god, it like that.
Speaker 5: That was a quick succession of as well.
Speaker 2: Do any of us do that?
Speaker 5: Do we golp?
Speaker 1: No, not that I know of. I wouldn't tell you, but I know, yeah, i'd one name. Okay, because people that are allowed swallowers and it's not their fault, clearly, but just tip sure of it.
Speaker 8: It's an ASMR thing for me as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Ateen twenty four ten, Get involved this morning. Do you have any weird sensory things that trigger you?
Speaker 19: I'm no judgment, no, no judgment. If Kim K's got them, you know, and she's the best of us.
Speaker 1: I mean, Kim Kay.
Speaker 2: We can all connect with can't we all relate to Kim K?
Speaker 1: Your sensory issues that tip you over the edge? We had a news reader Abbey because I feel like abs because I'm going to take a bit of a random shot here, feel like you might.
Speaker 2: Have a cuddle, Like everything annoys you.
Speaker 6: Well, I hate being touched, so yes it does. You let him kiss you on the forehead. Yeah, that's hazy.
Speaker 1: So it's minimal too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like he's got to stand five feet away and just a quick on the forehead. We hug sometimes sometimes we hug. I have missophonia as well. I really struggle if I'm on the phone and someone's doing something else, I like cooking or whatever. You running the other day when you called me you were walking, I was about to kill you, but I might just suck it up and don't say anything.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've got that.
Speaker 6: And then also when I get into bed, I do the weird foot thing down the bottom of the bed like it's got it the sheet. If the sheets aren't nice and flat, I've got to get up and remake the end of my bed because the sheets have to be nice and flat for my feet to feel nice.
Speaker 8: It's weird. Wow, really weird.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know. Yeah, probably explains why I'm single.
Speaker 2: No, I'm can't think of a few other reasons.
Speaker 3: All right, we're taking your calls this morning on thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 2: You're weird. Sensory issues that tip you over the edge. Let's go to Tash. Good morning.
Speaker 14: As we were growing up, our dad would always wake up and have a cup of tea in the morning.
Speaker 16: He would swirl his spoon around at.
Speaker 14: Length ten times and then tap it three times.
Speaker 2: On the edge of the mug, just to.
Speaker 15: Wake up up.
Speaker 3: Like that. I can relate to this, Tash. My mum Colleen does it as well. She'll make a cup of coffee first thing in the morning. And it's just the excessive stirring, isn't it.
Speaker 11: It would drive us, especially if we'd had a big night the night before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just wanna have a little, nice, little sleeping and all you can hear is tapping.
Speaker 8: Dingding, things.
Speaker 1: That's clearly just part of the therapeutic process of making your teeth.
Speaker 8: I think it is going through the process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Steph, good morning. Weird sensory issues hit us.
Speaker 11: I cannot listen to people brushing that feet. Just the sound of it is horrible.
Speaker 8: Were we talking stuff?
Speaker 1: We're talking old school with the brush or an electric toothbrush as well, either of them.
Speaker 11: The sound of it is horrible. I can't even listen to myself. I have to do it in the shower, so I can't hear it.
Speaker 8: Just I just wonder what sort of condition your teeth are in.
Speaker 13: No, I have no.
Speaker 11: Feelings, no nothing. I brush them twice a day all.
Speaker 2: Had you got the dentist. I'm going for a cleaner the dentist today. Can you cope with that?
Speaker 11: I put headphones in.
Speaker 2: Put headphones in. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Emma, good morning.
Speaker 15: How are you both?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 2: What tips you over the edge?
Speaker 7: Cotton buds?
Speaker 8: Cotton ball?
Speaker 1: Sorry, cotton balls just a texture.
Speaker 15: Oh, it's gross, It's like cornflower.
Speaker 3: It's the weird.
Speaker 15: Mum used to have a jar when we were kids, and you know, we would use it for like makeup removing, sort of stuff. Oh no, even the thought of it now, it's just gross. It just does something to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, yeah, everyone's got everyone's got their own little perks.
Speaker 3: Let's keep going with this. I reckon, they're doing twenty four ten therapeutic. I think it's good for people with cotton balls jeez.
Speaker 1: And just want to get off their chest. Didn't know it was a thing. Turns out it's very much a thing. Thirteen twenty four to ten is sensory issues. Off the back of Kim Kardashi and her little issue with coffee cups and those little bits of cardboard they go around.
Speaker 8: Let's just get it off her chest.
Speaker 2: Come on, guys, let's go to Melanie.
Speaker 10: Is it mel people cracking k.
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do you find there are some people that just do it all the time?
Speaker 7: Yes, theories and my head flicks around, you know that that just you just get that sudden flick and I just glare fit goes up with punch you.
Speaker 8: Your presence are cracking the knucklies.
Speaker 1: And then there's a study I reckon maybe a year or so that came out that said, actually, cracking knuckles isn't doesn't give you arthritis. It's not that bad.
Speaker 13: For you.
Speaker 1: So for poor people like Melanie, we're like, oh my gosh, there's not even health side effects to it anymore.
Speaker 2: No, do you crack your knuckles?
Speaker 8: It feels weird. Yeah, you know people pull their fingers and crack.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just the cut of my finger.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Cassie, Good morning guy.
Speaker 11: Why can't marshmallows.
Speaker 10: Really chalk on a chalk for it?
Speaker 14: I can't touch them.
Speaker 2: They are a little bit powdery, aren't they.
Speaker 16: Yeah, getting the it just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: But what a sad little hot chocolate you must have.
Speaker 17: Still I still have some.
Speaker 14: I still have the marshmallow. I just like maneuver it in without touching the marshmellow.
Speaker 1: Really okay, so how do you How do you do that? By the way, you've got to use with a knife and fork for something.
Speaker 16: No, I just like because I usually get them a takeaway cups.
Speaker 14: I just like take the cup, like the lid off, and I just like pour it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got put the lid back on, right, marshmallow hate us?
Speaker 8: You got marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Sure they probably need to go to the gym and tighten up just a little bit, but they're doing their best.
Speaker 2: So watch your weird sensor reissue.
Speaker 7: So good morning. I can't touch wood Oh do you know do you know.
Speaker 15: How difficult it is to find a rolling pin?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 15: Do you want to know where?
Speaker 10: I actually found one where New.
Speaker 8: Zealand progressive the Geways. So what happens? What do you feel? Do you get? What sort of sensations do you get?
Speaker 15: So it's a real I can only describe as an ink.
Speaker 7: But it's just I can't touch it. I just it's it just goes through my whole body when I just it wouldn't spoon anything, cannot.
Speaker 4: Do it terrribly, isn't it?
Speaker 1: That's producers. I was telling us well that she's got a very close friend by the name of Tulula who's got the exact same thing.
Speaker 8: Can't touch a wood rolling Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: The wooden rolling pin?
Speaker 8: So do you know other people that have this phobia?
Speaker 15: No, my husband just thinks I'm weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she should start a group though, So I do have.
Speaker 15: I do have one other one?
Speaker 8: Yeah, eating eating.
Speaker 7: Loud beats when they're chewing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you chew your mouth open. It just sends people into an absolute different stratosphere.
Speaker 2: One of my kids does that. I lose my mind.
Speaker 8: And hell's this particular kid, she's eleven, grow up seriously, for goodness sake, shut your mouth.
Speaker 2: How many times you'll have to tell you eat with your mouth shut?
Speaker 8: Eat with your mouth shut. There you go. It's quite therapeutic, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: Oh, those little sensory issues that we have. Oh good, that's get a bit of the black eyed peas. Sorry, catching up with a couple of people who we may not be friends with now, because like the cornerstone of a good friendship is knowing the other person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry. Let's bring them in now they are from the cheek seats. It is Mel and Tim. Good morning. I've made the same mistake, so I still make that same mistake, So don't worry about it.
Speaker 8: And it's call him Tom, you don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, Hazy, Hey Karen, love it to speak to you.
Speaker 8: I'd rather tell them than guarantee.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Now I do have a bone to pick with you two. Actually, so now we're even that I've called you the wrong name. So sometimes when I'm working at Channel ten, just in the newsroom, we go and do silly stories about cows and you just have a chat to the cow and you think this won't go anywhere, this is just me being an idiot. And then next minute you get all these text messages from people saying, oh my god, you've made the promo of the cheap, cheap seats.
Speaker 4: That's two mistakes, Jody. Maybe that's why they send you on the cow stories, because the big news stories they can't real good. Just on that. I think we've got that grab it before we do there. There are obviously some great historic television interviews over the time. You think Frost Nixon, you think the Diana interviews with Martin Basher, and then you get Jody chatting to a cow.
Speaker 2: Do you plan on pooing on anyone? Today's job?
Speaker 4: Wonderful insights.
Speaker 19: I feel honored to be added to the illustrious list of your interviewees.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have talked to a cow and.
Speaker 19: This is huge.
Speaker 3: Oh listen, I do love you too. You do such magnificent work on this show. How did you first work out that you have this beautiful chemistry together where you can just bounce off each other.
Speaker 5: We're still trying to work that out.
Speaker 4: Actually, can I answer now, Mel sorry literally literally, we were just put together. We've done a few have you been paying attention episodes together and I don't know if you've seen that show. You know you've got the likes of Sampang Kitty flanagain Marty, she go, oh, they're fantastic. They're all about seventy five years old. I think we just bonded over our youth. And then Channel ten came to us and said, you know, we've run out of ncies. Would you guys like to get together and do a show? And fortunately, I.
Speaker 9: Said you can talk to My agent said please please.
Speaker 4: So it's like you guys, you know, you know occasionally in the media you don't like each other, but you do have to work together, and I tend to pull it off pretty well.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that's timid. The media can be very very tricky in terms of relationships, et cetera. Are you at the stage now where people are aggressively tipping you off and maybe some media people are trying to throw other people under the bus by giving you guys content.
Speaker 4: Well, Jodie, I don't know if you can answer this, but we've become aware that since the show's started, journals will sometimes do it story and then they'll send the what's that message saying, I hope this gets me on the cheap seats.
Speaker 9: Get that sometimes this doesn't get me on the cheap seats.
Speaker 14: Nothing.
Speaker 9: Well, they'll be like ab sailing down a building or something.
Speaker 4: Or talking to a cow about its digestion? Is are you aware of it? Is that? Does that happen in the newsroom.
Speaker 3: There are certain people in the newsroom who would most definitely do things on purpose to try and get in the cheap seats. I, however, am not one of them. Whenever I hear I've ended up on the cheap seats, I go, oh, for the love of Christ, what have I done? Now?
Speaker 4: Often we go to awards nights and you'll see someone that we've mentioned on the show, and it's a real either they're happy to see us or that an active restraining order. Again, it's a real weird mix. Yeah, when they're always I've actually just got to go to the bathroom, You're like, okay, all right, not a fan.
Speaker 3: Guys, Well, no, I genuinely am a big fan of your show.
Speaker 2: I love your work. And it returns this week, doesn't it? Eight forty on Channel ten and ten play.
Speaker 8: Yes, guys, thank you so much for having chat with us.
Speaker 4: Thank you. We'll be watching Jody you on Keen and Hazy on seven. We love watching Adelaide and News. So you can give us some stuff. If there's some more cows.
Speaker 12: Out there, Yeah, that'd be really handy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks guys, have no problem, Joe.
Speaker 1: It's a very interesting headline in the advertiser today reads should kids be given mental health days of school?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's an interesting one.
Speaker 3: They're saying when a young person is diagnosed with a mental health condition, of professional suggests that they might need a day or two of school.
Speaker 8: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I this is a new age, and this is somewhere where I've been split in two different generations. So the first generation is without actually knowing about it. It is particularly for young blokes hide your feelings at all costs. Yes, under every single circumstance. And I grew up on the farm, and not because my dad used to do it, but I think he just sort of naturally used to think. That's probably what you do versus now and ten to fifteen years later. It's all about speaking about what is going on, because if you don't and you let it absolutely ball up. Then bad things can happen, and it has happened. I've lost two friends to suicide, so it's a genuine split generation. I just want my son to be able to he's six years old. I want him to be able to tell me exactly what's going on inside his head and not feel like he has to hold on to absolutely everything, because that would be the difference between my generation and his generation. And who knows he could save all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: Well, you were saying, he already is showing signs of being a bit insulo when things are going on.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we know, and my wife knows more than maybe, because she's so unbelievably intuitive of those sort of things. She knows when the stuff going on. And also the fact when we hear from the teachers and everything's good, and it comes home and sort of maybe acts out a little bit. But then even I can pick it up when I pick it up from school and I get flashbacks when I was a kid.
Speaker 8: How school good? We're enough to not much? What was your favorite part?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 8: Just the one word answers, yeah.
Speaker 1: Versus you just hope that your kids coming through and get to a space where they can speak about what's on them on plus a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I think this is a really good idea. I was for a little while.
Speaker 3: They're taking each of my kids out individually, just for a mummy daughter day. Yeah, just so you have that one on one time without the other kids around, and you can really get to know what's going on. And they loved it, and I found that really beneficial. I would like it if my kids could turn around and say, Mum, I just I'm overwhelmed at the moment for whatever reason, and I just need a day off. Because I remember feeling that way in high school. Did you Sometimes it was just the workload and it was just you know, things mightn't be going well with your friends, and you just wanted a day at home to sleep.
Speaker 2: And I don't think that's a bad idea.
Speaker 3: And I think teaching our kids to preserve their mental health is a wonderful thing to teach them. However, it could get a little bit tricky when they turn that around and take the PI double five. That's miss I need a mental health day, well do you? Or you just don't want to go to school today.
Speaker 1: So, and I think we very much agree on this, and we don't want to sound like hard us is, but the difference between mental health and potentially having a bad day, Yes, there is a difference, a big difference between feeling bad about things because they're not going away versus genuinely having depression.
Speaker 3: The article makes a good point. Ask them regularly how they feel on a ten point scale. So how do you feel today?
Speaker 2: Out of ten?
Speaker 3: If you notice a pattern of them being like five four four four, then obviously it's becoming a developing issue.
Speaker 2: That's a good way to monitor it.
Speaker 8: We should start that here every morning. How are you feeling?
Speaker 2: Can you feel out of ten? Because sometimes I walk in in your face.
Speaker 1: Because I've pressed the button and now something really bad happening.
Speaker 3: You feel like the whole network's gone down because you press the wrong button.
Speaker 9: Should we start this today? Are you feeling hazy?
Speaker 1: I'm feeling a nine, nine and a half. I'd say almost close to ten because that's a very easy weekend.
Speaker 9: Hey, feeling joy it?
Speaker 2: I'm about I'd say solid eight and a half.
Speaker 8: Where are you?
Speaker 9: I'll go with the six, will take that.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten. We're taking your calls on this one. Stacey does this a good idea.
Speaker 10: Absolutely.
Speaker 14: I've done it with my own kids before, so I'm all and I think as adults, if we struggle with our own mental health or anxiety or pressures of work, and we have time off just for our own mental health, way not our children.
Speaker 2: So you're sorry you I was gonna say.
Speaker 14: I think kids these days, and particularly teenagers, have so much more pressure than what we did as kids and teenagers.
Speaker 2: Well it's a social media pressure.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, and you know the school and friendships and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beautiful for it, Thanks Stacy, Thank you so much. Maria.
Speaker 13: Have good idea, Yeah, great, great idea, with maybe one little tiny clause, and that would be as long as the child, teenager or younger is not left to be on the device all day, because I think that then becomes sort of it just takes away any positive effects of having a mental health day. They can be outside or doing something chering.
Speaker 17: Or hanging out with a parent. I think that is the ideal. But if it's just a matter of understander, sit on my device and scroll for however many hours, I think that defeats the purpose entirely.
Speaker 2: And I guess too.
Speaker 3: Marie makes such a great point, but then does that Is that a flow on for parents in the workplace too. Can you go to your workplace and say, I've got to spend the day with my child because they're having a mental health day?
Speaker 2: Where does that all see it?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 17: I don't have the answer to that, but I know that the whole thing of I guess it's convenient and I get that, and kids want it. I get that as well. But in the work that I do, I see it, and it's just is it just defeats the purpose. So unless we can come up with a plan, and maybe it has to be a plan thing that you can take a care is leave day or something, and I mean it does make it.
Speaker 1: I guess you.
Speaker 17: Actually more organized and more It's going to take more effort, but just do that's necessarily the whole day. But maybe you know that you're actually spending time with that child to support them and to find out, like you said, what's going on. And maybe that won't happen like in the first hour of you hanging out. Maybe they need their own time. But gradually, yea, they will be able to share perhaps more about what's going on in their lives.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mary, very well said. You could probably say that it'll be in the same category. It's quite obviously common if you leave work to go home for the child, so it could almost be blanked in the same category.
Speaker 8: I think, oh, there go