Speaker 1: This podcast is being produced on gadical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: Quick Whip, quick whip.
Speaker 2: It's time for a quick whip. Sprowler's God, that's actually a bit of tongue.
Speaker 1: It's time for a quick whip.
Speaker 3: Time for a quick, quick, quick whip, Bogan.
Speaker 1: We are breaking the rules right now. We are in l LA, we're in Vegas, and we're recording this on my phone, so apologies if it doesn't sound the best, but it's a quick whip, so we don't care. We're breaking the rules. We're going to be sending this to producer Hannah and we're going to say upload it. This is a quick Whip episode because quick Whip has become one of the most iconic parts of our America trip. You would have seen the video on Instagram and TikTok of Matt after he had one too many double vodkas and we had a quick whip, and you know what, we're going to start doing more bonus episodes every now and then, and we're calling them quick whips. And for those of you that don't know what a quick whip is, because I've had a lot of people say, what is a whip? It is a work in progress and it's actually something that people do in like a corporate environment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if you do a quick whip, it's like, let's just do a quick whip on that project, and everyone gets together and goes, right, this is where I'm at, This is where I'm at, this is where I'm at. So this is a quick whip of our America trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a quick weather American trip.
Speaker 2: Coming to you live from Las Vegas, where so much has happened.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel like we've got to take you through.
Speaker 1: It, or we do.
Speaker 2: We should touch on though, because obviously there's that very crazy night we're about to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should go back to Coachella.
Speaker 1: Like the Bunning's out there, talk a bit more about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, we broke the internet. We're on news.
Speaker 2: We're in the paper. For god's sake, didn't know newspapers still existed, but literally, who rah Darlin, We're in the paper. So grandmar will be happy. But I think just Coachella as a whole. Yeah, this trip for me has been a lot of realizing that not everything is what it's made out to be.
Speaker 1: I could have told you that before we went, as someone that's been to Coachella three times now, I could have told you, Yeah. And obviously, like we know, social media isn't real as it is, so of course it's going to look more glitz and glam on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I wasn't expecting, like it's not like I was expecting glamar. But it's just funny that you just forget that Coachella realistically is a music festival with all the shittest parts of music festivals yep, on a grander scale. The other thing is a lot of people don't realize how big Coachella is. It's like kilometers to go to a different stage. Almost like it's like that we didn't go to I think what, there's like seven stages or something. I don't think I got to four of them because they were out far away now and was playing on them that I was interested in anyway. Yeah, but there were so many stages and so many aspects of coach that I didn't even get to because I was like, I'm not bloody walk and one point eight kilometers to go.
Speaker 1: And get there quite literally.
Speaker 2: It's it's really big and there's so many people, and so I knew a lot of people who were going and didn't even like run into.
Speaker 3: Anyone or anything.
Speaker 1: It's massive.
Speaker 3: I saw and A Paul was there and a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Wasn't she there on weekend one though?
Speaker 3: I think she went.
Speaker 2: Both oh yeah, So a lot of people were saying, oh, not one person has like said anything or got any footage of her or blah blah blahcauh. She was doing a snapchat rat. But I think people don't understand, like, because I've always thought as well, like how do how does James Charles go and like not get swarmed by everyone?
Speaker 1: I think they do. I think they do get swarmed.
Speaker 3: You reckon because I reckon.
Speaker 2: No one like actually notices, I mean when they're getting their photos in front of the big Ferrists wheel when everyone's walking in. Maybe yeah, but like for me, I feel like you're so focused on getting from where you need to go next that you don't pay attention to.
Speaker 1: Anyone, and people don't go there to meet fair celebrities and influencers and stuff, but I think people genuinely go because they want to go to a festival and have a good time with whoever they're there with.
Speaker 3: We saw a.
Speaker 2: Couple, didn't we We saw Bowen Yang from is that his name? Bowen Yang from Saturday Night Live? He did the Apple Dance, but we actually saw him in VIP. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw a couple of like American TikTokers that probably aren't relevant to our audience. And by the way, I thought I would just mention. I know we said we're in a hotel room, but I just want to apologize if this pod doesn't sound as good as all of our other pods. Yeah, like if it's a bit dodgy audio or we're like far away or whatever. I just wanted to give your heads up. But when we do more of these Quick Whip episodes, they're going to be in the studio with the proper mics and everything. But we're just going rogue for the first one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely. So.
Speaker 2: Coachella was fun. Bunning's outfit was fun. Bunnings were good sports about it, which was nice. I was a bit worried about what.
Speaker 1: We thought we were going to get in trouble. You know what, I'm still waiting for that email.
Speaker 3: In my email, they were fun.
Speaker 2: They were quoted in an article saying that they appreciate the.
Speaker 3: You know, the love.
Speaker 1: I think with Bunnings they would have been thinking because just for context, everyone, apparently Bunnings is really strict on their staff uniforms for their staff, like they're not allowed to be seen outside of work with it on, and it's they've got like a massive policy around not drinking in the uniforms. In saying that, I just want to add to this, it's a very easy to replicate outfit. Like it's not like it's some extravagant hard to replicate things like you can literally just print on a green apron like and print on a red shirt. Like it's really easy to replicate. But apparently there were They've got like this Facebook group for Bunnings employees and they were posting in there about us, going who approved this and what is this? Like all the people that ad me in the group or whatever people were sending me screenshots of that, and so I was worried that we were going to get some sort of email from Bunnings to be like, how did you get these uniforms, blah blah blah. But I reckon, like Bunnings HQ would have been like, Okay, first of all, how the fuck did they get these uniforms? Second of all, should we do something about this? But then I reckon they would have seen we got millions of views across all of our videos, we were on the news, Bunnings was written everywhere, like we created so much awareness around Bunnings that I reckon they would have just went, let's just fucking be happy with this. But we still very will well could get that email. Yeah I'm still waiting for them to see it.
Speaker 2: Which yeah, but also I just don't think they have a leg to stand on.
Speaker 1: And also I don't think we're the first people in the world that have dressed up in Bunning's uniforms. Like I reckon, people definitely have. And you know what, Matt, I reckon when like festival season comes around again, I reckon, people are going to dress up in Bunnings costumes. And also I think Halloween people are going to dress up in Bunnings costumes. Yeah, so that was a very iconic moment for us. We had so much fun, We got absolutely fucked up on so many nights, every night. And the thing is with Coachella, like you just wake up and do it all again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many things that I learned that if I do ever do whatever again, there's so many things that I've learned, Like, for example, I think we spent or I spent way too much money that I didn't need to on like a nice accommodation.
Speaker 3: Like at the end of the day, it's literally just a bed. You're never there.
Speaker 1: You get home at two or three am, you fall asleep, you wake up, you get you dressed and start drinking, and off you go again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say it's such a big music festival. It is a shit show. It's so unorganized and it's like walk here, go there, pick up this pass you got to we're gonna mail out your tickets, but you're going to go and pick up your pass for the shuttle somewhere else and then get in this shuttle line and then go from this place to that place.
Speaker 1: And the walking is so far, like where the ubers and shuttles drop you off. Then you've got a wall kilometers to get to the festival.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we haven't told the internet about our crazy ubit river.
Speaker 1: Yet I feel like we need to do Okay, I'm going to break the rules again. I think we just need to do another quick whip episode, like sometime, really bloody soon, like in the next week or two. And I want that to be a specific story time.
Speaker 3: What do you mean that one the uber story?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because let's save it. Of course, you want a lot to say in this episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we should clarify as well that quick whips are going to come whenever and however often, so you know, you are always asking your scrollers for more episodes, and we would love to give them to you. But also we're really fucking busy, and well you are. It's you that needs to find the time. I could find the time, it's you that needs to find the time. The time for the rollers, I know, but like we like I could upload seven days a week if I really wanted to, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But I feel like you don't have the capacity to do that.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying is we're giving you quick whips wherever, Yeah, randomly, whenever we feel like there's something. So hopefully as well, we can set up some podcasting equipment at home, like at your house and at.
Speaker 1: My house, so that we have we're near each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least we've got the you know, facility, the facility so that it sounds better than a voice recording on a fucking iPhone.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so quick whips will come whenever.
Speaker 1: Wherever, wherever, whenever.
Speaker 2: Like and especially as well, because sometimes we find that we will record an episode of High Scrollers, finish recording the episode, and then that day something happens. I can't wait to hear about this on the podcast tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to be TWI?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is so funny. Tell same story.
Speaker 3: I love them.
Speaker 2: I'm really, I'm actually that's actually one thing that I wanted to talk about in like a main episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, should we record a main episode while we're here? Not tonight? Not tonight.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Hannah will approve how bad this audio is?
Speaker 3: Oh so true?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Hannah will.
Speaker 2: Send this quick wip to Hannah and then if she can give us, she can giveus feedback and we could do like a whole because so much has happened, and obviously we've been away for like a few weeks now. Anyway, the twenties, the two ladies on TV that the twins that talk at the same time. I'm sure you're all across it, but I'm really sad with the internet's response. Everyone's been really mean. And also I'm like, something really tragic also happened, and I'm like, and then a lot of Americans they are coming in the chat going, oh my god, this is so annoying that they're definitely faking it, like blah blah, blah blah, and I'm just like, you don't know the twenties, stop the twiny slander. Anyway, where were we? Because we were going to say, and we did this with a purpose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're going to keep the uber story for another quick whip because we I don't want to say we almost got kidnapped, but we kind of did home in it. It was and it was AJ and Sky as well as awful of the four of us, and my heart was.
Speaker 3: I thought we were going to get shot.
Speaker 2: And the clickbait is I mean, no one had guns though, but like it like if they.
Speaker 1: Did, yeah, we'll say that and tell the whole story.
Speaker 2: It's very much held hostage vibes, like yeah, I mean, if I had a dollar for every time i'd been held hostage in my life, I'd add two dollars.
Speaker 3: And that's fucking weird, isn't it. But anyway, today's quick whip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, getting onto. Actually, what we're talking about today is actually.
Speaker 3: About last nast night here in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Ah, if only you could all have been there. We've obviously, so we finished it Coach oll Lot was really fun. You saw all of that. Then we've come to Vegas and AJ came with us, Sky has gone to Canada to visit family, and we haven't been like storying and contenting as much in Vegas. But I think it's because we've just been getting drunk the whole time, and all you really do here is literally get drunk. But we spent a few days with AJ, and then he's gone home, and then last night we were like, let's have a fun night. And you, especially Matt, you were saying I'm getting fucked up tonight, like you were like, I'm having a big one. I'm like, all right, let's do it. So we booked a nice dinner at Pinkies, which is.
Speaker 2: Restaurant in Vegas, and it was really good.
Speaker 3: There'll be a full review up on my socials. I don't know. I thought to be up by the time this quick Whip goes up.
Speaker 2: But it was actually surprisingly really really I thought it was going to be like trashy, because I've been to the Serve One in LA and that is trashy and.
Speaker 3: On Sunday, yeah, your birthday.
Speaker 1: But this was really good. And we had three cocktails while.
Speaker 3: We were there, or yeah, we had three three three and they're very they're very strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't sound that much like if you had three cocktails at home, like you'd just be like whoa. But we were already yet already smashed. After the dinner, then we had tickets to RuPaul's Drag Race Live show, and in there we had we only again, we only had two more drinks each in the shows. That's five drinks total, but oh one was a standard and one was a double. And so we walked out of the show and I truly think that that's where it all went downhill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but wait, can we talk about RuPaul's Drag Race Live for one sec? Because for any of the drag Race people's who are wanting to know what Drag Race Live was like. I had a great time because I was drunk, but realistically, I don't think a showcase drag Race on like the best level it could happen.
Speaker 3: But we both had a great time.
Speaker 1: It was great. It was kind of like the show but live an episode.
Speaker 2: It was the show like an episode of the show, but live on stage. But it was fantastic. I had the best time ever. But I kind of was like, oh, this isn't like as good as I thought it would have been. But I think it also comes down to the cast that you get. The cast that we got definitely not the top tier talent. You know, they're all fabulous and they're all amazing, but definitely not like there's some real show stoppers.
Speaker 1: Because the people in the live show are people.
Speaker 3: That have been on records drag Race.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was really fun.
Speaker 2: It was so fun. We had the best time. We made some friends with some ladies across the table from us. They were amazing, yep, and we just drank and screamed and had a good time. And then it was definitely that double because once we walked.
Speaker 1: Down, we walked out like, let's keep partying, mind you, we don't know where to go.
Speaker 2: First of all, we went on over to a Poky's. Yeah, so we had a little bit of cash and I said, let's chuck it in.
Speaker 1: We put a hundred bucks in. And mind you, we don't know what we're doing on the pokeys here in Vegas because like the numbers, like you know, you press the button and it's at home, it might be like twenty cents of like a dollar, two dollars. This you press and it'll be like way more than you thought, Like you might have thought it was going to be a dollar, but it's ten dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just I mean, and again, just to preface this, we don't condone or encourage gambling, but we are in.
Speaker 3: Vegas, so obviously of course we're going to try slots.
Speaker 2: And as a lot of you know, like I've come to Vegas four other times on you know, when I was younger, on family holidays as well, but I've been twice as an adult or three times it's an adult actually, sorry, and I've never had enough money to play the slots. So like this time, I had a little bit of a budget. I literally worked it into my holiday budget. I was like, I'm gonna put some cash aside to play the pokeys.
Speaker 1: We walked past this piggybank machine, and I'm like, let's put money in there. Like we've just come out of the show, and the show is in the casino, so you exit the door and boom, there's all the Pokeys.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, if you've not been to Las Vegas, there's Pokey's in the pharmacy, There's Pokey's at the airport.
Speaker 1: There's Pokey every day show.
Speaker 3: Every shop you go in, there'll be a one slot machine in the corner. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: So we put one hundred dollars in hit.
Speaker 2: A button, which I'm thinking is like going to be a dollar twenty. It's t twelve dollars dollars hit.
Speaker 1: And then we won five hundred Australian dollars American dollars.
Speaker 3: Sorry off the one hit. And then we just.
Speaker 1: Pulled it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brittany pulled it out and said let's fucking go, and then we went we walked out of the casino down the road.
Speaker 1: Then we went into this country bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which you would have seen on the stories. I had that photo with the guy from American Arms.
Speaker 1: And then we got one more double drink there each and the craziest thing about Vague for me right has been the fact that you can walk into a restaurant or a bar or wherever, and let's say you go out for dinner and or maybe not dinner, like if it's in a proper glass, but a lot of places.
Speaker 3: So if it's in a glass, you can get it to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, everywhere serves like plastic cups, by the way, plastic straws here. I'm been loving those. I just want to say, then you can leave the restaurant with your drink in your hand, out onto the street and just keep walking down the street drinking. There is no rules here when it comes to public drinking. In fact, they encourage. And there's like stores as you walk down the strip that sell like all those big slushy mugarita things that you can just buy on the street and then walk down the street drinking.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got a drink in their hand here. It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: So by this point it's maybe getting close ish to midnight. Maybe we left a little country bar, kept walking and Matt was in one of those moods where he wants to be friends with everyone we walked past. He was going up to people going, what's your story, Tell me your story.
Speaker 2: This girl told me her story, and she said something like, oh, my boyfriend's.
Speaker 1: Hooked up with his sister, looking up with her sister.
Speaker 2: My sister's fucking my boyfriend or something like that. Anyway, I was so drunk I gave her a tip for that story, like, I said, you know what's sweety, And I pulled out five dollars and I said, they're gonna so I don't have any more.
Speaker 3: I've got another dollar there. I gave her a six dollar tip.
Speaker 2: For telling you fucking story on the strip, like I don't understand where. That's where I was at, right, So then I see these two boys with these big you know, those hour glass looking slurpy slushy.
Speaker 3: Drinks that you would know what they at east to show there.
Speaker 1: Like a big slushy thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so you can get like meter long ones here or three or like three foot ones or something, and so they both have one of those. Now keep in mind, up until this point, I have drunk nothing but vodka all night. So I'm having a good time with the vodkast.
Speaker 3: I'm there. I'm literally legless. They have these big things.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I've seen them, and I don't know what attracted me to them, but.
Speaker 1: When you were just every person we saw you were like I want to be your friend.
Speaker 2: I want to be And there were two like very straight guys who like what who?
Speaker 3: What? What? Did I think they were straight guys?
Speaker 1: But I will say like they were like nerdy okay, and like a game of vines, like they get game of I reckon, they played PlayStation and like they seem very innocent, like just like friendly sweet guys, not like men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I saw them and I said, what's your story? And then he it was his birthday, is his birthday and his name was Matt and that's why.
Speaker 1: We and then we were like, let's party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we said I said where are you going? And he said We're going down to Fremont Street, didn't he.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're like, well, we'll go. Meanwhile, that starts sipping the big drink thing they had, and that was a mix of alcohol, including tequila quila.
Speaker 3: But the tequila is what I could taste. Now.
Speaker 2: I don't like tequila at the best of times, but in fact, I don't like tequila at all. Would I would rather not have tequila me too? If that was the if there were options, that's not the one I'm picking. Anyway, So fucking hate tequila. But obviously I'm drunk, so I start drinking, drinking, drinking, And.
Speaker 1: Then we get to Fremont Street. Mind you, I didn't realize it was so late already, Like when we were leaving to go there, it was like one am already. And then we get to Fremont Street. It must be like twenty past one in the morning. We jump out the car and we run over and there's this band plane like on the street because it's like a big it's kind of like Cavil Avenue or like Surface Paradise Pdise, And so there's a band playing. There's all families dancing, and Matt's getting in the crowd wave from his arms up and down in the air. And because it's so late, like I think the band played for like three minutes and then it was over.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then you said to me, I need to go to the toilet. And we're standing like next to lots and lots of casinos, Like the casinos are just there on the street, like the Pokey is right there, and I'm like, all right, you go, I'll just stand right here like exactly where we've walked into this street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't even remember that conversation, but yep.
Speaker 1: About twenty minutes goes by, and I'm like, where the fuck is Matt?
Speaker 3: And also I went with the other guy.
Speaker 1: You went with the other mats yeah, And so I'm calling you. And then we finally got onto you where you called me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no you didn't, did I answer?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, but I think then the other guy called the other guy, and then we got onto you. And then you guys had ended up way down the street, and so I'm like, what the hell did they get so far? Like they were just going to the toilet there, And so we walked down and I saw across like you crossed the set of light and everything.
Speaker 3: What do you mean he did?
Speaker 1: And across the I don't remember any of it, see Matt.
Speaker 2: All I remember is I was with the other guy and he we were going to the toilet, but then he ran into someone and I told him my whole story, my whole life story, in the span of forty seconds. And I couldn't even tell you their face, like if if I saw them in a police liner, I couldn't peak because thinking at the start of the night was the middle of my eyes were black and then I could see the outer but by the end of the night they were pinholes and I could only see the inside.
Speaker 3: I was literally losing I was losing vision. Yeah, far out.
Speaker 1: So anyway, it's been like twenty minutes. I'm like, where are these guys? Like they would just go into the toilet. We walked up the street. There they are across the set of lights and there's lots of like benches and poles and posts, and I look over and there's Matt like leaning sideways across like a pole, like a horizontal pole, like a barricade. And I'm like, oh, no, like, what has happened in this twenty minutes? Like, yeah, you were drunk like the whole night, but you just you didn't look well. Yeah, and then you came across the street and I was like stop, like because the lights were.
Speaker 3: Fucking right, I don't remember that because you were going to.
Speaker 1: Come across the road, and I'm like, for fuck's sake, and then it just it's it was I need to get Matt home. Yeah, and I went into fucking.
Speaker 3: Fight or flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, I can't see a fucking thing. I'm like rolling on the funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, this I want to just clarify this wasn't funny at the time, Like I was in fight or flight, and my mind was, I need to book an uber right now, and I need to get Matt home, and he's we might play you a couple of little audios just because I've.
Speaker 2: Made me video the whole thing, which thank you so much, because like it was obviously a crisis and very serious at the time, but Brittany filmed the whole.
Speaker 1: Thing because I knew that we would laugh at it the next.
Speaker 2: Day, but also like I would have hoped I could have made some content out of it, but unfortunately it is absolutely so.
Speaker 3: Vile that it's diable.
Speaker 2: It's fucking dire, like it can't see the light of day on the internet. We might do like a little little mash up. See it's really bad. When you watch the whole forty seconds you go and the thing is as well.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: The thing is like I think that.
Speaker 2: What I don't know how to put it into words actually because I still can't form a sentence because I am probably still drunk from last night. But the thing is, the funniest part is don't forget that we didn't even get an uber home.
Speaker 1: No Okay, fuck, we've got to tell this story. I also mindful there were a twenty five minutes. Fine, okay, we'll give them. Okay, we'll give them the whole story.
Speaker 3: Yet I mon't have to edit a thing yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully not. So I went into crisis mode. Matt is like bent in half, like you know when someone's had too much to drink and they can't stand up straight.
Speaker 3: But I'm bent all wacked.
Speaker 1: It was like an inflatable tube. Man, you know, there's whacky wavable eyes bending backwards. And we've got the videos.
Speaker 5: We might just do a title, little snippet in like our broadcast channel or something. But and like I was laughing every now and then because I was grabbing you by like the because Matt had to zip up jacket on and so.
Speaker 1: I was having a hold like the collar of his jacket to hold him up. But you were such a dead weight and going leaning all the way back and all the way forward. And I'm going Matt in all the videos, I'm like going off, You'm like, stand up.
Speaker 3: I couldn't. I couldn't use my legs. Yeah, at this point I.
Speaker 2: Knew that I was close to death, Like I genuinely keep saying it to everyone today, like I'm actually surprised.
Speaker 3: I didn't die last night.
Speaker 2: In all seriousness, I am genuinely like that almost killed me. I feel like I got so close to actually dying last night from the amount of alcohol I fucking hard yep.
Speaker 1: And I was thinking at one point there, how the fuck am I going to get Matt home? Because you was such a dead weight that I was like, I can't even get you in an uber. But luckily these two random guys that we were there with because I said bye to them and I was trying to take you to where I was going to book a zan uber and Boogernuba bookba funny video of Matt.
Speaker 3: Bo I think that morning, that's where I'm going to die right now.
Speaker 1: So I started walking while I was like bye, guys, so sorry, like you know, see you later, Like this has been the most random time we've gone nowhere with these guys. We're just in the streets.
Speaker 2: So bad for him because we had such a good night and now I've just become a mess and like I've not said bye or whatever, and anyway, they ended up coming with us.
Speaker 1: Anyway, yes, because I couldn't carry you to where I was going to get the Uber. And then I was like to these guys, he's gonna have to help me. So they were there, put both your arms over their shoulders and they were kind of carrying you. And as we were walking to where and this is so fucking dangerous, like hopefully we're not going to get in trouble telling this story on the podcast. But as we were walking to where the ubers were going to pick us up, there was this like young guy standing there. He would have been like twenty or like twenty two, and he's like, hey, you guys need a ride. And I was just so in like crisis mode that I just knew I needed to get back to the hotel in his bed with water that I was like yes, And he's like where do you need to go? And he like had his map up on his phone and I put in my hotel. He's like, yeah, I can take you there thirty bucks and I'm like, okay. The Uber was probably twenty so I was like, whatever, just.
Speaker 2: Find me to take expensive here. I reckon it would have been. I was like to just meet the Cosmo today. My hotel was thirty three.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, very dangerous of us. But I fuck, I don't know why I trusted this guy, but I said to this guy, yes, please, I would love a lift, but like, my friend is really unwell. And then he was like trying to look out for you, like he was being really nice and helpful too, and so we all jumped in the car. We all came back to the hotel. We couldn't even get like to the drop off zone of the hotel because Matt starts being sick in the car, and I'm like, I bet.
Speaker 3: That fucking doe.
Speaker 2: I was trying so hard. I do remember this bit. I was trying so hard. I could see the sign for our hotel and I went, you're almost there. Just hold on hot And I'm.
Speaker 3: Not a vomitar. I'm not a vomited when I drink or in general.
Speaker 2: I'm just like if I get sick, like even if I was to get like a gastro, I'm not a vomited.
Speaker 3: I'm more of the other end. Shit, yeah, I'm a diarrhea.
Speaker 1: So we flung man out of the car.
Speaker 2: I've seen the sign and I was like, no, you can hold it, you can hold it, And then I just remember my head hit in the back of the chair and just it just kind of like at least it wasn't pret.
Speaker 1: Went down in front of you, and I'm like, fucking stop the car. And this poor guy that's driven us is freaking out, and I'm like, he have sixty bucks. I just gave him double waters. I'm like, thank you so much. He got out of the car. Everyone's trying to help you. Then you're laying on the grass and the medium strip and I'm like, this is a fucking disaster.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the guy left.
Speaker 3: I don't remember any of this now from now on.
Speaker 1: By the way, the other guys left and it was just me and you walking through the hotel lobby. I was trying to say to Matt, take your jacket off, because he's down the front of it, and you're going no.
Speaker 2: Because I just bought it forever twenty one a week ago, and that's the first time I've worn it out.
Speaker 1: And take the jacket off because I hate the jack it off.
Speaker 2: Now that i'm you know, today, I'm looking at the damn thing covered going that's I'm.
Speaker 1: Not you were refusing to take it because but at the time I was like, I just bought this motherfucker. We were in the lift. He took the jack it off and had it over his arm, and I was like, give me that jacket. I'm throwing it in the bin. It's covered in spew, and he goes, I'll cover it in spew laid so anyway, got that into his bed bareley. I was, Oh, you were on the ground at the base of your bed with.
Speaker 3: Ankle. I'm crawled into bed.
Speaker 1: I gave you some water, gave me some water.
Speaker 3: And then she goes, do you want me to get your bin so that you can spew in it if I need a spew? So what I do? She goes, I'm going to get you the bin. Anyway, as soon as she placed it down, I went.
Speaker 2: And away I went. And then so what's happened? Also this week is Brick booked the hotel just across the road from me, and I was then to book my accommodation at the same hotel, obviously, but I couldn't get in by the time I had sorted my life out, so I just said, I'll book the hotel across the road.
Speaker 3: Now, the thing in.
Speaker 2: Vegas is one the hotels are much bigger than you think, and the blocks are much bigger. So me going, oh, I'm just across the road from you. It'll take me two minutes. It's a half an hour walk. Ye every time I walked there anyway, AJ's now left, and so Britt was like, I'll just stay with you for the two nights, and I said, yeah, absolutely, and I got a double room, so there were two beds as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Britney's packed shit at two twenty in the morning.
Speaker 1: The thing was my bag was already still packed because I hadn't even stayed there. Yeah, my bag was already packed. And Matt was passed that going you reminded me of Aj, because when AJ's been drinken, he lays him then and goes like sounds like you're gonna go on, but it's just like moaning in your sleep. And I've just had a night like I've gone from having a great night too on high alert. I've been freaking out that Matt's gonna die, and I'm like, fuck this, I'm just getting my own room. Also, I didn't want to lay next to your spew bumper and the spew jacket, and so yeap two in the morning, I shut my suitcase. I was telling you Matt, I'm gonna just go get my own room in the same hotel.
Speaker 2: And apparently I was responding to everything, and I don't remember any after the I remember getting into bed and vomiting, and then as soon as I shut my.
Speaker 1: Eym, you were already passed out. But I was like, man, I'm going to get my own room in this same hotel, and you're like okay, and I'm like, I recorded that. I was just by this point, I was just so done. I was like, I'm fucking done.
Speaker 2: So you went to go and get a room in the hotel, but the hope my hotel had no rooms, so you've actually had to go to the.
Speaker 3: Next door hotel.
Speaker 1: But it's joined to this one.
Speaker 3: It's joined to this one. It's not the one, it's not the one across the road.
Speaker 1: It's in the same building.
Speaker 3: It still takes ten minutes to get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, went down, got my own room, came in here, and then I just I had a shower and everything. Like it got to like three am because I was so sober when I realized how fucked you were over in Fremont Street or whatever it is. Yeah, like you know, I just became instantly and sober like. I was like, I need to help Matt enough of the partying. So yeah, I got my own room and went to bed about three am, but couldn't sleep because then I was like, fuck, I shouldn't have left Matt and he's probably been sick. But then I was messaging you heaps. I I messaged Matt and told him all about the night so that when he would wake up, because I'm like, I'm not sure how much Matt is going to remember.
Speaker 3: Hardly any of it, like I can't really remember.
Speaker 1: And I sent you a few of the videos too, because I knew you would laugh at them when you woke up. And then, surprise, surprise, I could barely sleep, by the way, and then surprise surprise, I saw Matt became active at like nine am, and I'm like, oh, he's up, Thank goodness, Like that's good. And then you wake up and you're like I feel fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my god, isn't that so strange? So my thing is.
Speaker 2: Then right, yeah, And obviously this is just a theory, but I don't, like, I've never been sparked in my life, but I'm like, was it maybe one of those situations where it was actually something like that that made me feel that way, and not the tequila, Because how did I wake up today fresh as a daisy and scrollers?
Speaker 3: I got up and I went and did I've had.
Speaker 2: A whole list of things to do here in Las Vegas, and every day I haven't done it, and I got up and I went and did it all.
Speaker 1: I want to no sense to me because here I was thinking, I'm going to get my own room because Matt's going to be passed out for twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: And when I do drink at home and hardly have that big of an eye, I will I'm a right off for the next day to two days.
Speaker 1: Like I can't. I was like, I'll just get my own room.
Speaker 2: I got up, fresh as a daisy, had a shower, shaved my face, shaved my face.
Speaker 1: Maybe huge, like you got it all out of here.
Speaker 3: Maybe me.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I've just never like that hasn't happened. And so then that made me worried that in that interaction with those people that we met, not the guy I don't think it would have been the guy that I was with when I went to the toilet, but the other people I don't know, maybe I even drank some of their things and they might have had things in there.
Speaker 3: I don't do, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It was the twenty minutes that I wasn't with Matt. It just it all went downhill, and I was like, oh my god, what the fuck is There's.
Speaker 3: No real there's no real answer for you.
Speaker 2: But getting up this morning and just being like, oh, I'm going to go down the strip and fucking live my life. And I went to the Lady Gaga Museum, and I went to the Botanical Gardens, and I went and watched the water show and I did all these things today.
Speaker 3: And you were fine, and I was fine.
Speaker 1: It makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Now it's about eleven PM here and I've been up since nine and I'm not even you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah here we are recording this podcast. It's literally ten fifty nine pm Vegas time. Anyway, in conclusion, it was very scary at the time.
Speaker 3: God Like, I.
Speaker 2: Can't stress enough that I genuinely was so close to dying.
Speaker 3: I fully believe it.
Speaker 1: And we don't want to be promoting you know, dangerous drinking or drinking too much.
Speaker 2: Oh no, And the moral of the story is I'm going sober I've been talking about it for a while. I think that is nail in the coffin vibes. It actually spookes me so much. I mean, we are going to catch la tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: It is my birthday, so I thought you can have a cotail. I know, like, because I was just having like, however many drinks. We didn't even have that many drinks by the end of the night. Six Well, at home sometimes i've over ten, but they're very strong here. But if we do have a drink on my birthday tomorrow night, are we stopping you after two drinks and saying that's enough?
Speaker 2: I say, souristically. If it wasn't your birthday, I'd be so a day dot, let's go. But I will have a cocktail or two with you for your birthday. But then I'm honestly, I know this sounds crazy, but I'm honestly like, I just never want to have a drink again and the rest of.
Speaker 1: My life life that happens like that was it was fucked. At the time. I did have a few laughs at some of the things that Matt was saying when I was trying to get him home.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing A lot of people were laughing online as well, and it is funny.
Speaker 3: But also.
Speaker 2: I can't stress how serious a fucking situation we had last night.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I can't ever do that.
Speaker 1: No, you can't ever get like that again. And the good thing is like, he's fine today, he's woken up fine. So then we've been able to watch all the videos in our camera roll and have a laugh at them, and Matt's like, I'm so glad you took these because like, this is hilarious to look back on. But it was pretty wild, and it happened so quickly. Yeah, so be careful.
Speaker 3: Whatever happened in that twenty minutes. What are you doing down there?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I've got my phone case with my little mag safety com playing with it. But that is the story of our crazy night in Vegas. You know what they say, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and ends up.
Speaker 2: On in the quick Wi Hi scrollers. Also, how many big nights have we had out in our lives together, and that one is like tenfold worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We've never had a massive night out where anything bad happens.
Speaker 3: You had to scale the fucking building one night. Oh yeah, you almost died, So yeah, we've had.
Speaker 1: Bega, but even then I was fine.
Speaker 3: The Parramatta uber you know right, yes, so many.
Speaker 1: Like we've always been fine every time, but that was just like on another level. But we're safe. Matt woke up fine, Thank goodness. I thought you were going to be out for days. I thought you may be going to miss your flight tomorrow that we've got, but woke up fresh as a days.
Speaker 2: Which is funny because every other day here in Las Vegas, I think I'm so exhausted from this trip because don't forget as well. I did Universal Studios and then three days at Coachella.
Speaker 3: That's fucking huge four days.
Speaker 2: So getting to Las Vegas, I've been like so lazy, you don't want to get out of bed every day today, after that big night, I was like, let's grandma, let's go cowboy anyway.
Speaker 1: We won't be doing that ever again. And if we do have cocktails for my birthday this weekend, I'm going to be stopping you after two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but thanks for listening to this Quick Whip.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you think. Would you like more Quick Whip episodes?
Speaker 3: We already know that.
Speaker 1: I think we're definitely going to do one about the uber story, because that's the whole story in itself.
Speaker 3: Yes, we will that. The only thing I want to say is that quick wits will probably not usually be this long.
Speaker 1: No, we've just had a lot to say. And also you're welcome, Hannah. You don't need to make a single editing ever. So we have started to rually spoke. Usually when we're recording in the podcast studio together, we're like, actually, stop that. I'll start that again. I'll say it differently. Look at us go thirty nine minutes non stop talking. But anyway, I think we better wrap up this quick whip because it's eleven and I want to go to better in normal time. I'm tired because we went to bed at fucking three am last night. Ye I was in a crisis.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listenings.
Speaker 1: Be safe everyone, if you're ever traveling or drinking.
Speaker 3: Another moral of the story, if you do.
Speaker 1: Look out for your friends.
Speaker 3: Is it the desert heat as well?
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is, but there must have been so many factors that I'm not used to because that I mean, I was possessed by the devil last night.
Speaker 3: It was not pretty. Yeah, so be careful to.
Speaker 1: Look out for your friends, Yes, just.
Speaker 3: Don't do anything that I would do.
Speaker 1: Don't do anything that we've done on this trip.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, any good week day life, Bye bye