Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 3: I'm Britney Saunders, and.
Speaker 2: I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's been going viral.
Speaker 2: Plus we talk a lot about ourselves too.
Speaker 1: Coming up on this episode, I have blocked someone that was piercing me off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we talk all about what we would do if Jesus actually came back. All that more coming up on this episode of High Scrollers. Deal me in dope. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Good morning, future New York Best time seller book author of the Year.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just going to say from now on, I would like you to refer to me as author Britney Lee Saunton.
Speaker 2: The book's not even out yet, Mabe.
Speaker 1: Well, the pre order is and I've just given you you are the first person to own it out of anyone that's crazy. Ad doesn't have a copy, My nan doesn't have a copy. You are the first person.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I got given about six copies which I've used to make all my content, and I'm giving one to you and one to Dedicated.
Speaker 3: So shout out to u K you're getting one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I will say Dedicated, she has given me a copy for you. But if I sell it on the black market for five hundred dollars, because when does it release?
Speaker 3: May May thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've already got two copies in my hands, so one for me and one for the highest bidder. Congratulations style Scroller.
Speaker 3: Yes Scrollers.
Speaker 1: If you don't know, I mean you posted about it last night in our broadcast channel, Matt, I've been posting about it on every inn of the fucking internet. So last night I did an email out to our Fate newsletter subscribers. I did a Facebook page post on my Facebook page that I never use anymore, from like back in the day when Facebook pages were popular. My personal Facebook account. I unlocked my profile because is your profile locked on Facebook these days?
Speaker 2: Yes, so that if you're not my friend you can't see it.
Speaker 3: Causey shit.
Speaker 1: Well, I unlocked it and did a post on there. I did a bit more of like a wanky post on LinkedIn, like a bit more of a LinkedIn vibe, and then I was hitting up my broadcast channel. You posted in the scroll as one I did Fate Society posts.
Speaker 3: I fucking put it everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's been a busy night, a busy night.
Speaker 3: But anyway, in case you didn't.
Speaker 1: Know, surely you do, because I've posted about it absolutely everywhere. I've written a book and the pre order is out now. Hannah will leave a link in the show notes. It's on book Topia exclusively for but a lot of people have been asking me questions. I've already emailed the team this morning. Is it going to be on Kindle? How the fuck does that work?
Speaker 3: I wonder.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know. As an author, I've got no idea. You've got to figure out how to put it on good Reads as well, add it to our tbrs and then rated TV to be read. Okay, so if I add your book to my TBR, it's like I want to read this eventually and then I can review it.
Speaker 3: And I've emailed them about that.
Speaker 1: We've had a lot of people ask is it going to be an audio book. I've already had conversations about that, and I think we're going to be making it happen one day. But you know, recording an audio book is like a week of like full studio recording days. Can you imagine trying to read a book out loud perfectly, yeah, with not a single stuff up.
Speaker 2: And you actually have to read really slow, like I've read. I've listened to some audiobooks that are actually so slow. I'm like, all right, I got to put this on one point eight speed. Like one of my friends released a book. This is actually before I was reading, and I was like, oh, well, I'm not going to read. So I'll listen to the audiobook and I'll just read the first little bit of your blurb on the back of your book, and I will read how fast they were reading in their audiobook.
Speaker 3: Wait, read the first bit of the first chapter.
Speaker 2: First bit of the first chapter.
Speaker 1: Yes, spoilers excluiler, not the forward, No, do the first.
Speaker 2: Chapter introduction Once upon a time. Wait, this isn't a fairy tale, I'll tell you what, though it kind of feels like one. I was like, oh my god, can you speak a bit faster. We don't have all day. I was like one point eight speed.
Speaker 1: Less for a whole book. So yeah, apparently it's a massive job. But we are going to look into it.
Speaker 2: And because you've written it and it's not you know, it's obviously nonfiction because it's all about your journey and your life, ninety nine percent of the time you would be the one reading it. And of course you're going to be the one reading it. Yes, so it's a little different too, because your life is hectic as it is. Like, you need a Harmione time turner. Baby, what a Harmione time turner?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: You've never seen Harry Potter?
Speaker 3: Surely I have, but I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Remember in like I think it's a third movie, Prisoner of Azkaban. She has that necklace. When she spins it, it goes back in time.
Speaker 3: No, I don't remember. I need to watch Harry Potter all the way through again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need one of those so that you can do your day and then rewind it back and do something else.
Speaker 1: But we are talking about an audiobook, this, that and the other, and I just thought I'm going to talk about it here on scrollers of course, I'm going to be signing as many copies as I possibly and physically can at the book Topia head office. I'm also going to their warehouse which is at the same place, and they've got all these like cool robots that go around like to pick all the orders. Oh, so I'm going to make some cool fun videos there, hopefully pack some book.
Speaker 2: Orders nice doing signed copies and things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to try and some on a thousand.
Speaker 3: They said it will take you a whole day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the carpll tunnel.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can come and you can sign You just copy my signature, And I was thinking, do you just because obviously, like the business owner in me, I want to like write a thank you letter in each one, but that's going to take so fucking long.
Speaker 3: What would you sign?
Speaker 1: Like? Would you just have like your name and a love heart?
Speaker 2: You're underestimating, like how sore your hand is going to be?
Speaker 3: Is it just like a letter B with a love heart?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like a well whatever your signature.
Speaker 3: Is, yeah, people could copy it.
Speaker 2: We'll just make one up. I have a little cute little ah when people ask for a Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna have to do a B.
Speaker 1: In a heart, but maybe for at least like ten or twenty I'll do a little like actual thank you note in there, or you.
Speaker 2: Could like print out a bunch of thank you notes and it just slots into the book.
Speaker 3: Then is people like, eh, that's not really her writing. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think they care, Like, as long as you sign the book, but you did ask in your cast channel, and I was interested in people's answers, and every single person was like, God, we don't need to thank you. Just signed the book, Clay, Yeah, just put your initials or whatever.
Speaker 1: I So, obviously the book is exclusively available via book Topia, but I have also purchased a thousand books myself at a little discounted rate a wholesale cost, because I'm going to be putting them in my five Fate stores. Logistically, it's too hard for us to have it on the Fate website and their website. But I've bought a thousand so I might do a little mini book tour of some sort in all of the five stores. So stay tuned for that, everyone, and you will need someone.
Speaker 2: To host the book tour. Would will either be me or Anita. Is that how I say? Her name Anita, because Anita's done a little quote on the front and also what written the forward?
Speaker 1: H nice, yep, that's my friend Anita from Hero Packaging. You've probably purchased a parcel, purchased a parcel, You've probably done online shopping, and you've probably had a Hero Packaging package.
Speaker 3: In your house at one stage.
Speaker 2: Definitely have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So yeah, that's kind of it. The pre order is out now, and I really fucking liked writing a book.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say I liked it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At the start, I was like, there's no way I know how to do this. The last time I had written anything in long form was probably in year ten, never written in long form. And then once I started writing, I was like, oh shit, like I actually really enjoy this. And the one thing I will say is if you get your hands on a copy and you read it, you are going to be able to tell that I wrote it because I didn't try to write like a proper author, you know, like it's written just from my mouth basically, so when people read it, you'll be able to just hear the bogan coming through and what's it about? It's I would say, it's obviously a memoir about my life mixed with a business kind of journal or diary, and it just goes back to the very beginning when I was a kid, and I take everyone all the way through my life to now, right up until today, everything that's happened in my whole career and early years, lessons, stuff about my personal life. People were saying, so, is there anything in there that, like we don't already know?
Speaker 2: My fuck depends how long you've been.
Speaker 1: Exactly Like ogs say that, like, is there anything Am I going to learn anything new? I'm like, Okay, first of all, don't pressure me. But second of all, I want this to be read by people maybe who are just going to discover me through the book. So it's not everyone, Yeah, not everyone, is an OG. There's some funny pictures in there in the start, just to kind of build the story. The one of me crying on Snapchat is in there.
Speaker 2: I literally just opened to that page. How fun if you would.
Speaker 3: Have thought when that happened that I would one day write a book and put that photo in it. I know, fucking funny.
Speaker 2: So crazy.
Speaker 1: AJ has his whole own chapter all about when I first met AJ and how that all came to be nice. There's bonus chapters in the end, because I just kept going back to it and I felt like it wasn't finished, and I had new thoughts because I started writing this two years ago, and then I would go back and be like, oh, I don't feel that way anymore, and so I kept going back and making edits and adding bonus chapters at the end. But it's just a bit of everything. It's me in a book, my life.
Speaker 2: It's quite a therapeutic process, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Like I said on my story, I've never had a diary or done journaling or anything, but that's what it.
Speaker 2: Felt like therapy.
Speaker 3: I don't go to therapy, do you.
Speaker 2: No, But we should. I'm at the point in my life where I'm like, therapy should be mandatory, you know what I mean. But I've been writing my memoir that no one's publishing, and it's just familar. But I find that, like, I'm like, I don't need therapy because this is actually well.
Speaker 1: I will say if I have been putting in a good word or two about you to the publishers that I've.
Speaker 3: Been working with for two years, oh really.
Speaker 1: They know about you and I've told them all about you and that you would be great if they're looking for new talent. So if that happens, I'll be taking ten percent commission to each sale.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous. All right, Well cut your check for the two dollars twenty you'll learn, please be upstanding for the royal flush. Well, let's get on to our royal flash of the work.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I've got a good one.
Speaker 2: All right, you start, then you kick us off.
Speaker 1: Okay, I saw this girl on TikTok. She just randomly posed and you probably saw it too. Matt, let me find it.
Speaker 2: You've got me on the Edgejimmy said over here. But I don't fit very well on this seat, so I'm kind of always on the edge of a seed, if I'm honest. But it's a bit big for this one. At least we're not on a stool. I will say, I fucking hate a stool. Get the stool away. You know what I hate when I do a panel. You know, we do panels sometimes and you got to talk in front of a crowd, and they go, what's it like working with brands and stuff? I do a lot of those. Oh fuck, I hate when I see a stool, one of the big stools that the long, big tall ones you got to climb up on. I'm not I'm too fat for this. The stool is in my asshole. Give me a couch. I need a couch to sit on. Although one time, remember that really stupid thing that we almost did or didn't do, way back in like I want to say, twenty fifteen Game On? Remember game on? No oh, it was this like video expo sort of thing called game On. I remember sitting on the lounge and I fucking broke. It didn't nice anyway on stage in front of everyone. Anyway. I've just gone on a little tangent about stools while you've been trying to look for it.
Speaker 3: If you found it, move on.
Speaker 1: I want to add in one tiny little mini royal flush before this one. It's because it's like relevant to now. Over the weekend we announced the winner of our Fate Model search and we released our surprise series videos for those of you that don't know with the model search.
Speaker 3: That we did. We pranked the winner and we.
Speaker 1: Told her that it was a top three and she came to Newcastle to do a final round audition and we pulled off the biggest surprise ever and it's all out there.
Speaker 3: On the Internet.
Speaker 1: And I just want to say that's also a royal flush for me because the response has been amazing and I saw you commented on one of the videos, so thanks for that, love the support, big fan shout out to you, Claudia. Okay, onto my actual royal flush. This girl named Holly Jell posted a TikTok and I saw it like not long after she'd posted it. You know when you see a video and you know it's gonna go viral, and you're seeing it when it has barely any views, and it now has one hundred and sixty seven thousand views and eleven thousand likes, and I commented it. I commented on it and said, here before this goes absolutely viral and then it's blown up. Okay, the video is and I'll play it. I don't know if you'll be able to tell, but it says, what's the dumbest story You've got to make me feel better? Please with a skull emoji. I'll play it. I don't know if you'll be able to tell from this what it is.
Speaker 4: I'm actually so fucking dumb. I thought that if you had these balloon weights and you automatically that they automatically just go up without healingum in them. So I'm like putting this around here and.
Speaker 2: Then I'm like this, it's just falling. I'm like it's not working.
Speaker 4: And I was putting it on the ground and I was putting on the bed.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: They're just going to magically go up. Okay, that is the dumbest thing. She's got one of those balloon weights that have the foil around them. Yeah, and she's tired a balloon to it, thinking that the balloon will just float. Fucking hell my god. No, that really is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: That's my royal flush.
Speaker 1: Because I saw that, I was like, number one, that is so fucking dumb. But you know what, I reckon. More people would think that's how it works, then.
Speaker 2: You would believe not surely not. I reckoned some of the comments. I need dumb, let me see see. I expect the comments to just be like, babe, I've never been this dumb in my life.
Speaker 3: God bless you, but come on, Okay, one of the top comments.
Speaker 1: As someone who works in a party store, you are not alone. Oh wow, I reckon way more people think that that's how it works because they don't understand helium and what it is. I work in events and this is a universal thing.
Speaker 2: What that's crazy. I'm feeling very smart today.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: That's my royal flush because that is like the dumbest moment, like I don't want to say, like a blonde moment. I feel like people don't say that anymore. But ah yeah, shout out to you, Holly Gel. That fucking made my day when I saw that, because I was just pissing at how dumb that was stunning.
Speaker 2: It's made me feel really good, So thank you for sharing. I've got one that's a little bit controversial. Actually, well, like I'm gonna be nice about the whole thing, but I did see a TikTok about if Jesus Christ was to come back and the fact that we symbolized Jesus with the cross, right, and of course Jesus died on the cross, and so if he comes back, the TikTok was, and I've got a point to this. I promise that TikTok was like, imagine Jesus comes back and just sees all the crosses everywhere, like you're going to give the poor man PTSD. I was like, that's hilarious, But then it could be thinking because I actually always think about this and I don't want to offend any Christians here, Like I'm being nice about this. Hannah's on the edge of her seat, like fuck, we're getting sued no by Jesus.
Speaker 3: Jesus is gonna come.
Speaker 2: Down like just saying like I don't really care what your religion is. You can you could do what you want. I mean, all of them give me no rights anyway. But let's just let's just be nice about this and have an actual let's think critically about this. I'm not trying to piss anyone off. Like, if Jesus Christ was actually to come back today, how do you think the world would react, because I don't think it would be very good.
Speaker 3: I think there'll be a war breakout.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wasn't thinking that drastically. Here's my thing. Imagine right now, Jesus appears in Sydney and he goes, hello, everyone.
Speaker 3: Well I am Jesus.
Speaker 1: I think no one because we're also chronically online, no one would believe him.
Speaker 2: Right, We're going police put that man in a mental asylum. Yeah, if he's like I am Jesus Christ, we're going vibe give it a rest. Yeah, we're all filming it. We're putting on TikTok. Everyone's going one idiot. Like.
Speaker 1: The only way that we would believe it is if he did like some sort of magic shit. No, but even thought about that, Even then people think that it's like an optical if he's like, well, hang on.
Speaker 3: Let me prove it to you.
Speaker 2: I'm going to turn water into wine. I'm gonna go to a magician, Darlin. I've seen a magician take an audience from this side of the room to that side of the room in forty seconds. So you're gonna have to try a little bit harder. I mean, how would he genuinely? And again I don't think I'm upsetting any Christians here, and I hope i'm not. But how logistically, yeah, if Jesus. And also the other thing is where's he landing? Because I feel like I.
Speaker 3: Honestlydy have a bridge, do you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean? Because I think if you're in America, think he's coming to America. I think if you're in a different country, you think he's coming. What if he lands somewhere I say land, like he's an alien. But you know what I mean, Like, what if he goes somewhere so remote he's got to walk for forty days and forty nights to live fines and you know what I mean? Like I just speaking, I.
Speaker 1: Can picture him actually like not landing in a city. I thought that's off brand for Jesus. I feel like he would land like.
Speaker 2: In orange sand in Maitland. He's in lawn crushing a wedding in the Hunter Valley, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's a bit more on brand.
Speaker 2: Imagine if Jesus came back to to Woomba, the biggest thing that's ever happened in to Woomba. Seriously. Oh and what imagine we go to Coachella Jesus pops up, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, did Jesus live in Bendigo?
Speaker 2: This is the thing I think he could. Maybe he comes back to Bethlehem. I don't know what's going I haven't heard any news from bed. It's not like the news in Bethlehem makes it to Australia very often. How long does it take for the world to know? What if he lands in an absolute foreign country? Where no one knows the language except them, and Jesus could actually be here right now, walking among us. But do you know what I'm saying though, Like, I'm not even trying to take the piss, I'm going think critically about it. Let's say Jesus is coming back. How do we go you need to prove it? How's he going to prove it, Where's he gonna be? How long is it going to take for the world to clock on? And then you've got imagine the conspiracy. Imagine the people not believing and the people who do believe, and the people who don't believe currently but then do, and then the people who do believe and then don't. I mean, it would just be a mess. It would It would just be a mess. It would anyway. That's just my thoughts, and I think about that so often. And I saw that TikTok and I was like, I'm going to speak about this on the podcast, because again, I'm not trying to upset anyone. No, I'm not trying to make fun. I'm genuinely saying I'm right there with you. If he was to come back, it'd be fucking bedlam what It'd be a big color Ballow.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you something funny.
Speaker 1: In primary school we had to do scripture. It was just like part of our school.
Speaker 3: Did you give? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And high school too, Oh see.
Speaker 1: I only did it in primary school. And I really loved the scripture teacher. You know, we just have a teacher that you love. She was like an older lady. And every time we had scripture, I was so excited. But I didn't know what it was that we were doing. But I loved the scripture class, and I became the teacher's pet, and I loved all the songs.
Speaker 3: And I would get up in front of the class and sing the scripture songs.
Speaker 2: Which do you remember any of them? Yeah? What do you remember?
Speaker 3: You have to sing it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, because I'll see if I remember them too, because I remember maybe three.
Speaker 3: Okay, you will know this one.
Speaker 2: Surely.
Speaker 3: Jesus loves me, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Know, for the Bible tells me so little ones to him belong, for they are.
Speaker 3: Week, But he is strong, don't ye. Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus, I.
Speaker 2: Remember our Father who art in heaven. HALLO be thy name, How Kingdom come, how.
Speaker 3: Will be done?
Speaker 2: See? I know that prayer and anyone who had to listen to bah Bah do bah Ba needs needs mandatory therapy, that's for sure. And what else was there? Oh, we did this little light of mine. I'm going to make it shine well.
Speaker 3: In the scripture class, I loved all that.
Speaker 1: I didn't I was too young to even understand, like exactly what we were doing, because I mean year like two.
Speaker 3: But I love the teacher. I loved a song. I love singing in the class.
Speaker 1: And the scripture teacher would like read things like from the Bible or I don't know, and she would read about how Jesus is like he's coming, like that was the whole thing, like he's coming back to Earth. And I truly believed that he was going to come out of sky to jessmind prim but I thought because she would the way they talked, like the day is upon us, he is coming, and I'd be getting so excited.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know of.
Speaker 2: All places in the world Jesus is coming from.
Speaker 1: Primary fully fucking believed it, but I didn't know what it was that I was actually believing in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the thing. I mean, it's just it's one of those things I'm like, I actually genuinely think what the bloody fucking heck is going on in here today? You know what I mean. Like, I'm like, there's just if he was to come back, what the what would the world do?
Speaker 3: And he was on that line?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what if if if Jesus comes back, we need him on high scroller.
Speaker 3: You got to arrange that when he canna.
Speaker 2: Just send him an email or something and get him on high scrollers. I think if at the world the world needs Jesus more than ever right now, you know what I mean, So, Jesus, Dalin, now would be a good time to drop back. I'll believe. Yeah, I'll believe. I'll stand with you. You know, you turn order into wine and you can do that over and over and over and over again. I'll be friend. I mean, maybe that's how I'll find my love for red wine. Jesus.
Speaker 3: Well, I saw something else on the weekend on TikTok again, like all things.
Speaker 2: So on TikTok. I'm really sorry Instagram, we love him too, but I don't know what the vibe is.
Speaker 3: I love being on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I post on my Instagram stories every day like I love it for that, But I'm consuming on TikTok. I don't scroll on Instagram and look at shit. But anyway, big back parties? What big back parties?
Speaker 2: Okay, here's something I haven't seen, which is rare.
Speaker 3: It's I think it's something you would love.
Speaker 2: I think I could guess what it is. What should I guess? I think big back parties? Well, big back is like people with a big back, rich people who love food, old food. Yeah, very me and my big back. And so I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: What I was just gonna say a little funny side story.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the other month, we were staying in Parramatta, like myself and a few of the fake girls, and we were going down the lift and it was like us three and then like a bunch of other guys and somehow big back came up, just like the term. And then one of the girls with us goes, what's big back? And I didn't want to like say anything out loud, and then this random guy goes like.
Speaker 3: Me and we just pissed. It was just really funny. Anyway you had to be there, But anyway, go on.
Speaker 2: I think a big back party is where you just have like the biggest, fattest face and you all bring like like instead of just like, oh, here's a little chippies that I've brought and a little bag of lollies. It's like cob Life lasagna like all the big So it's that, but carby meals, et cetera.
Speaker 1: You could definitely make it at home. But also you you all get food from fast food shops and takeaway, so like someone brings a massive order of KFC, someone brings a massive order of Domino's.
Speaker 3: Wit wasn't this my.
Speaker 2: Royal flash like not that long ago, but it wasn't big back parties? Like I didn't know what was called that, but I said, I saw a TikTok.
Speaker 3: Surely, yeah, I think he did.
Speaker 2: I saw a TikTok where everyone got together and then they all ordered different uber etes to the house. Yes, but no one told each other what was arriving.
Speaker 3: So same sort of thing.
Speaker 1: But this is like it's in America right now and kids are requesting a big Back party for their birthday, so it's like a theme, and then they get balloons that says big Back. They get like like the letter, you know, the letter balloons like and it's just like happy birthday and say.
Speaker 3: They get big Back. Yeah, Okay, and then they get.
Speaker 1: Like any kind of food balloons that they can find, and it's a full trend. Like my twelve year old wants a big back party for his party, so let's decorate anyway. If you want to look it up, go on TikTok type in big back party, and I'm I'm here for it, yeah, because you know what, when I'm at a party, I don't care about anything else other than the food.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I will.
Speaker 1: Be that person standing next to the grazing charcuterie table all night.
Speaker 3: That is me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And mandatory things at a party for me is wait are you seeing? Are you showing me Hannah? What's a big back party is? Or the like? Do they have those big foil balloons? Yeah? Yeah, big back night? That's so funny.
Speaker 3: So can we have a big back night? Is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Do you have things that you like look out for at a party, like I have mandatores at parties that determines whether it's a good party or not. The first and foremost would be a cobb loaf.
Speaker 3: See mine's cheese platter first.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm pissed if.
Speaker 1: We're going even just any event and there's not like a cheese charcuterie.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, I'm pissed.
Speaker 2: Did you have a charcuterie at your fate event? No?
Speaker 3: They had kind of pays all not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so true.
Speaker 1: That's too big of a party to have a cheese board. Yeah, I think cheeseboards when you have an event with two hundred people, So it's gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying Cobb Live party mix. I do love a retro, but I'm not fussy. Just a party mix, lollies, natural Confecturing Company or Alan's, preferably Alan's, but natural confectionery company. I will not be upset, and it has to be a party mix because I want some lollies with a bit of white on them. I want some milk bottles. I would like a bit of teeth. How good is it, by the way, that tea? No? How good is it that they're no longer like min tea?
Speaker 3: I hate tea?
Speaker 2: Really, but when was the last time we had a teeth?
Speaker 3: I avoid the mital costs every time there's a party.
Speaker 2: So they've changed though. They just taste like a marshmallow now, so they've taken Remember when we were younger, they tasted like mint. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: Don't they come in just a bag? Now you can just buy teeth.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. I know they just released peaches and cream. I haven't been able to fine them. Peaches and cream is my favorite. Well, actually that's a lie.
Speaker 3: I love a strawberry and cream.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know my favorite favorite favorite lolli ever? Apart from a pineapple. I do love a pineapple. But apart from that, if I had to eat one lolly for the rest of my life, it would be racing cars. Oh you know, in a retro party mix, you get the little green racing cars.
Speaker 3: Oh no, didn't.
Speaker 1: Alan's just rebrand their orange flavor and it's no longer orange.
Speaker 3: It's mandarine tangerine.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's passion fruit. I thought, no, it's Oh they sent it me and it tasted like passion fruit, and they sent it to me in like the bags from the like. They weren't in Alan's bags, they were like, in it's.
Speaker 3: Now passion fruit flavored. What the hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah it was originally I.
Speaker 3: Saw mandarin at an event.
Speaker 2: No, but were they guessing I don't know, because they did this big thing in orange for the orange snake. So Originally it was apricot flavored, and everyone was like, it's our least favorite snake. So they've redone the recipe and it's passion fruit flavored. I literally had them last week because they sent me the new ones, and I was just kind of like, yeah, okay, cool, cute, but like still my least favorite flavor. You know, but in orange people were trying to guess. So maybe you've seen someone trying to guess the flavor and they've said mandarin. But yeah, it's definitely. It's such a passion fruit flavor. Like it's straight away. I can smell the bag. You could smell the bag and be like, oh, that's definitely passion fruit. And then I tasted it and went, well, yeah, obviously. So yeah, you need a cop life, you need party mix. Okay, we need a shark cooterie board. What else? Is it? Our big back party? I'm saying if it's like a hot food party that like we're sitting down and having a plate of food, like we're having like a lunch, potato bake. Have a potato bake.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, Matt.
Speaker 1: When we get back from America, I am going to get my nan to make us a potato bake, and I'm going to fucking bring it in and we're going to do with taste test on high scrollers. Okay, because my NaN's is the best.
Speaker 2: And I can probably guarantee that it will be the best I've had, but I will put it to the test.
Speaker 3: All right. I'm doing it like potato bakes.
Speaker 2: If I'm honest, although they're delicious, Like I've never had a bad potato bake I have, Oh really?
Speaker 3: When people make them so runny and like it's just slopping.
Speaker 1: All around, Like I like a thick, solid potato bake with crunch on the top.
Speaker 3: When people cook.
Speaker 2: Bread crumbs, what do you do? How do you make it crunchy?
Speaker 3: Palmon on top? But you just have some?
Speaker 1: When people don't like pre boil the potatoes and then the potatoes are just they're too hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I've ever had one that's too hard. But what about bacon bacon in a potato bo yes?
Speaker 3: And diced onion bacon and an onion, yeah, I can't do in a garlic powder garlic? And what do you put else? Do you put in it? The soup stuff?
Speaker 2: Now I'm fucking starving you. We'll see the French onion cob loafe is good one too. You put the French onion mix in with the with the cob loafe.
Speaker 3: Do you like a mix of potato and sweet potato?
Speaker 2: No, I just like just potato, potato and a potato. But blasphemy, you fucking hell Jesus found out you were putting sweet potato and your potato bag. You never fucking come back, that's for sure. Oh my god, that's criminal. Hannah. I love a barbecue. I do love a barbecue. I love a honey. That's the thing. If you're gonna have a barbecue, you need honey, soy chicken skewers. Honey, soy chicken skewers on your barbecue. That'll do me. I just love a fucking fresh roll with butter and chicken on it, too, Barbecue chicken.
Speaker 3: A food podcast again last time or whenever it was and we got subway.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's out yet. What else it's been recording?
Speaker 2: Left?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And Senela, I know, what's another thing you want to you want to see at a party on the table And I don't really care for sweet things at a party because we've got the cake, so I don't need brown and doughnuts and old fairy bread, though I would like.
Speaker 3: My thing is just cheese platter.
Speaker 1: If you give me a cheese platter that has good dips, good meats, preshooto which is ham in case you didn't know, or bacon um and some good cheeses and good crackers, I'm fucking happy.
Speaker 3: That's I could just live off that.
Speaker 2: Breadsticks on a cheeseboard, yes or no.
Speaker 3: Like the skinny stick things. Give a shit about those things?
Speaker 2: Fuck them off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get rid of them.
Speaker 2: I think, why have you spent fourteen dollars on six bread sticks?
Speaker 4: Off?
Speaker 2: Just get them off.
Speaker 1: I love a good jat, Yeah, like nothing beats jats. It's good with cheese, it's good with dips. I always do jats on my cheese platters. And then the fancy ones with the fruit in them, like you know, the fig and.
Speaker 2: Arm and no, they are my favorite. Yeah, yeah, you got those with a bit of mercy Valley.
Speaker 1: And then you've got to okay, hear me out, everyone. Whenever you're making a cheese platter, charcouterie, whatever you want to.
Speaker 3: Call it, it needs quince pace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, quins pace.
Speaker 1: Just normal, not like the fig I don't know, there's all different ones, but just normal quins with the cheese oh amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, disappointed if I see a cheese party without.
Speaker 2: Quins Tell you what changed my life? One time one of my friends made we had like a friend's mess and it was like bring a play and they brought homemade sausage rolls, which you don't need to homemake them, but they did and then they were fabulous. But then with a fig jam. Oh changed my life, honestly, fig jam instead of you know, because usually a sausage roll, I just put it with a barbecue sauce or something, but in a bit of QP mao obviously, but the fig jam just really hit the clip for me. So if you're doing sausage rolls, big jams, my recommendation.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Anything else you wanted a party, you just reckon and cha's I'm still thinking. I'm trying to think of parties I've been to and what else has been on the table that I've absolutely loved.
Speaker 3: I don't really go to parties much.
Speaker 2: So true, so true.
Speaker 3: Visual What is it when you said big back party?
Speaker 1: I just pictured like a row of people being like a baby got back, like jan.
Speaker 2: Like, you have to have a big back to enter, Like you've got to go to the gym for six months and get a big back to enter.
Speaker 3: You want to know something funny. One of my friends, she would.
Speaker 1: Always say that she has like not the term big backlack and food, but she like when we first became friends, she's like, I've just got the biggest back, like, and she just was really self conscious about her back and she'd always be like to me, you have such a nice back, and she.
Speaker 3: Would be six.
Speaker 1: It was like her insecurity and I got so sick of it because I'm like, you just have a normal back, Like, I don't know why you think your back is big. I fucking measured like across my back and across her, and then there's fucking same width, which.
Speaker 3: Is like I don't know, Like my bag is just so big.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's the most random insecurity I've ever heard someone have.
Speaker 3: And it's the same width Thesigne.
Speaker 1: Is anyone else out there insecure about their back? People are anyway? All of your backs are fine. You're just a bunch of big backs. Hell, oh mad, I feel really bad. Why I've had to block someone?
Speaker 2: Oh? Who someone we know?
Speaker 1: No, I think she's an American creator, and uh, I feel bad because I don't have.
Speaker 3: Never really blocked anyone.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I block people if I find them annoying, especially on TikTok, because like you find them annoying, but then they keep showing up and then I'm getting annoyed, so then I block. I don't know if you've seen her, she's and there is. She's probably the sweetest person in the world, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think I.
Speaker 1: Feel like a fucking bitch. Scrollers, don't cancel me for this. Why I'm allowed to block someone if they annoy me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: People block me.
Speaker 2: Should we do an updated block list after this as well? Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 3: Should I leave that interview blocked me?
Speaker 2: I actually saw someone the other day has blocked me on both Instagram and TikTok, an Australian creator who I was like, Oh, I wonder what he's doing. I haven't seen anything from him in ages. Went to go check on him account, not found, but then I googled and his accounts fully there.
Speaker 3: He's got so many Tell me she can beep it out.
Speaker 2: You won't even know him. His names, I don't know. Yeah, you wouldn't know him. Beat that out, Hannah irrelevant, clearly. But he must be so sick of seeing me because he's decided to block me, which is hilarious. But I see him at events all the time. So next time I see him an event, I'm going up to him and I'm going to say why to block me? And then you can all. I'll tell you on the podcast what happens, what his excuse is. But it's probably just because I've been popping the fuck off and he's sick of seeing me on the flour You pay, sorry that I'm relevant. Who have you blocked Brittany?
Speaker 3: Well, I've just unblocked her so I can see her page. Oh, I feel so bad. She's like a mum creator. She's from America.
Speaker 1: Her name is Morgan Marie and her videos are very sweet. But I don't know if you've seen it, and she goes saving.
Speaker 3: Four, yes, fucking shut up saving four?
Speaker 1: Oh God, it's just that one sentence that drove me up the wall.
Speaker 3: It drove me up the wall.
Speaker 2: Play one for everyone.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's so harmless, like she's probably a sweet lady.
Speaker 3: She's a mum and she.
Speaker 1: Was saving four pollypocket what a pollypocket car? Okay, so she did this whole series where she was saving for a car, but I just I got the ick every time I would hear her say saving four.
Speaker 3: Let me just let me play saving polypocket house, or now.
Speaker 1: She's doing the saving for a pollypocket house, whatever the fuck that is. Let me just find the car one because she she got the car.
Speaker 3: Saving oy holly pocket car.
Speaker 1: And so she gets the kids involved to and they're saving and she pulls out an envelope and saves however much money that is. So like that's great, like it's educational about saving and whatever.
Speaker 3: But I just can't.
Speaker 1: Stand the catch phrase or the tagline in all of those videos. And I just got so annoyed one night that I had to hit the block. But now she's unblocked because I've unblocked her to show that clip.
Speaker 2: So now are you gonna keep her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I'm gonna keep her unblocked. So I can't even be canceled for this.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I reckon, there's no shame in admitting that we block people if they annoy use because I'm sure as hell a lot of people have probably blocked me because they find me annoying.
Speaker 2: Sorry, go on rightfully. So I'm checking my block listener. It doesn't look any different from the last time that we need neither.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: The only people are like people with no followers who have clearly left like a hate comment.
Speaker 3: But m yeah, I blocked someone last night.
Speaker 2: Actually really what they say.
Speaker 1: They So I was on my story talking about my book, showing it off like being proud, letting everyone know they can pre order it. And this person who I've now blocked, They're on an account called my Tidy Diary, but it's just like a private account with no posts, so clearly just a fake fucking account, said worst cover photo ever in reply to me, and I thought maybe they accidentally sent me in. Yeah, so I just wrote back and said you could have just said you're not a girl's girl. And she replied and said you approved the cover, so must have thought you looked good. Poor choice, I'd say, just saying dot dot dot loll. Sorry the dot dot dot is giving forty five year old or fifty five year old boomer.
Speaker 2: I just looked at her name's Jenny.
Speaker 3: Can you see her name? Yeah, show me screenshot that and send it to me. My tiny diary, My tidy diary.
Speaker 2: Tidy y Jenny, we love you, oh my tidy diary. Yeah, zero followers zero Yeah, should I follow it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then I said I do look good and she sent back laughing, crying faces. I said, if you don't like it, go and write your own book and do your own cover, and she said we'll do with a wink, and then I said see you and block her.
Speaker 2: The amount of people who accidentally replied to my story inside thought that's what that was.
Speaker 1: Instead of sending it to a friend, she sent it to me. But then she came back and was fucking rude.
Speaker 2: Says anything really bad. But like people say, and it takes me a second to realize they'll obviously have meant to send it to their friend, but they've replied to me instead, and they'll be like, we should go here, babes, and I'm like, well, I'm not coming with you. I mean, like, but yeah, people do that all the time, so be careful people. I remember one time I posted like I had a friend group over and we all got We actually had a big back party, you might want to call it. We all just got our own like uber eats and stuff and like all ordered it, but we all ate our own food. I think the point of a big back party is your ship. We all ate our own food. And there was everyone's food on the table and I took a photo of everyone's food, like literally like fifteen dishes on the table, and someone replied to my story saying, wonder how much of that food is for him? Obviously meant to reply, like, obviously just send that.
Speaker 3: I can't send that, Like you can't do that.
Speaker 2: And I wrote back and I was like just the mac and cheese, which was like one played out of everything, because that was true. And then I blocked them, I think because I was like, fuck you your dog, I wonder how much food? How much of that food is for him? And so what if I was having fifteen fucking played from fifteen different restaurants and fucking idiot, get stuff.
Speaker 1: Fuck off everyone yourself.
Speaker 3: Well that's another episode done and dusted.
Speaker 2: Matt. I was telling everyone to fuck off and then actually fucking off. Yeah, thanks for listening, scrollers. We are off. Well, I'm off to America next week.
Speaker 1: I'm off to China tonight. What's the going on in we talk about it in close friends.
Speaker 3: How about that hong on a second.
Speaker 2: Because I'm going somewhere too.
Speaker 3: Where are you going? Well, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Tell you in close friends because I'm gonna need your help. Scrollers. I thought I'll let you. I would have said it at the start of this video, but I wanted you to have your book moment because that's I've checked.
Speaker 3: A million times. I've got my past. Imagine if I fucking left it at.
Speaker 2: Home, You've got your You had your book moment, So we've got your link in the show notes today for your book. So I thought I'll have my moment on Friday with close friends. So you have to come back on Friday for close friends. Thanks for listening, Scrollers, have a fabulous week. We will see you on Friday. And I better let you go. I gotta throw a big back party for Jesus.