Speaker 1: Tobias John Morrison. Welcome back to the You Project, your big stud.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Craig Harper, Craig Anthony Harper. It's awesome to me back. It's been been about a year since we did our last interview.
Speaker 1: It's been a hot minute, bro. How are you? What is going on? How is life? You're you're producing docos, You're healing people all over the world, You're solving problems, your bloody connecting all good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been it's been a busy year.
Speaker 2: So my company, Sefer's Health, We've been helping a ship ton of people all around the world. We're helping now people in seventy eight countries. I think last time I spoke to you, maybe we're in the forties. Yeah, we're reaching countries that I've never heard of before.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, what give me one country that you went fuck, I've never heard it.
Speaker 2: I don't even know the name of it. It's like it's done with a Z. It's I had to ask one of my team members the other day.
Speaker 3: I was like, Ambia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's that. I think it's Zambia. I can find out there. We've got like a channel of like the country, like the different countries that we help people in because we can't keep up with it.
Speaker 3: And it's just like.
Speaker 2: All these different flag flag colors I've never seen before, and it's pretty it's pretty mind blowing because like we obviously we're in an English speaking program. We help people specifically with chronic fatigue syndrome, and like there's so many people in our program which English is their second speaking language, and like it's pretty courageous to like go through something like chronic fatigue syndrome and then get help in a second speaking language. I just like it blows my mind. And I can't even speak a word of French and here's French. People are asking me questions in English, trying to get help with with their life, and it's just it's very courageous.
Speaker 1: I think, Well, it also shows that how I don't know what it shows, but I think maybe it shows that one it's really needed, and two people are you know, it's like if the best help that they can get it doesn't happen to be in their first language, they're still going to go for it. And it means, you know, without blowing smoke up your us, you must be if you're in seventy countries, seventy eight countries. It means you're doing something good, you know, And it's like that giddy up like we go into in the last month, we went into ninety countries. It's a different thing because this is just people listening to a free podcast. But yeah, you've actually got members and you know what I mean, it's lazy. Yeah, And how think about when you and I met, dude, like and we're just hanging out at harper Is on the pan Highway and you're about fucking twelve years old, and I knew, I knew fuck all, we were just both making.
Speaker 2: That's not true, that's not true. You you were my you were my inspiration. A funny story the moment I actually met you, I'd known you for a long time, and I read all your books and I actually printed out every single blog article that you wrote. Back in the day when blogs were cool, that was the thing. Like now it's this it doesn't exist anymore. But blogs were like crazy popular back then, and yours was really really popular. And I remember going, I need to speak to this guy, and so I called Harper's Gym when I was like eighteen, and I was like, I had a dream. I had a vision of exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to make sure that, you know, no one with chronic fatigue syndrome had to suffer like I did alone. And I wanted to make sure that there was practical help in the world for people with CFS. And so I called you and your assistant answered, and I said, hey, you know, please talk to Craig uper like, not knowing that you had a full book of clients that you're seeing every day and all that. Anyway, somehow I got on to you like you called me back eventually, and you gave me a couple of minutes of your time, and I said, you know, he said, what do you want to do, Champ? And I said, I just want to I want to be like you, but I want to be like you specifically for people with chronic fatigue syndrome. And you said, oh, yeah, cool, what degrees do you have? I said, oh, no, I haven't even finished school yet. And you just laughed and you're like, oh, listen, Champ, just you know, go finish school and go to university and then give me a call when you done. And four years later, I was at a cafe in Hampton and I walked in.
Speaker 3: I forget what it was called.
Speaker 2: It's the place I used to see that every day. And I see you and I'm like, I almost got stage front. I was like, oh my god, that's that's the guy. That's Craig Harper. And I went to the urinal and I'm standing at the urinal just like taking a WII and I'm thinking to myself, I've got to talk to him, like I've got it.
Speaker 3: I've got it.
Speaker 2: This is my moment, you know, like I've got to at least say high and so doray.
Speaker 3: I wash my.
Speaker 2: Hands and I come out of the urinal and I walked straight up to you and Johnny, which was your right hand man at the time, both bald headed, shaved, you know, thick, strong men.
Speaker 3: And I put my hand down.
Speaker 2: I was like Craig Harper and he said yeah. And I said, hey, I don't know if you remember me, but I'm the guy that called you six years ago telling you that I wanted to be like you but for people with chronic for Te syndrome. And you said, oh, and I'm not sure if you remember it or not, but you said you did, and he said, yeah, I remember what are you doing now, I said, I'm doing exactly that I've been, you know, helping people with chronic ferte syndrome. I'm writing a book and this I think I was two four at the time, and it's pretty crazy to think, like it's been a long time since then. I'm thirty seven now, so that's like seventeen years has gone by. And then I got to work under your you know, your facility for a few years, which was just amazing. And so now I've got a team of twenty four all around the world. We're helping thousands of people. We've got a headquarters now in nursa. I'm getting shimmers down my spine. We're just through at least a documentary. It just feels good. It feels really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Madam, And I don't say things I don't mean, like I'm super proud of you, and I know everybody doesn't need to be part of our catch up, but we don't talk much. And we literally spoke for one or two minutes before we started recording, and I went, rather than do a debrief, let's just catch up on air. And what we will talk about, you know, I think because it's it's real and it's organic, and it's not you know people kind of knowing people connect with that more. But I was thinking when you said when you said about the blog, I went, fuck, I haven't thought about the blog, but yeah, you're right back in the day. This blows people away. Now, this is not I'm not putting Mayo on this. Everyone. I had eighty thousand subscribers, and what that means is every time I wrote a blog post, that would go to eighty thousand inboxes. So eighty thousand people were email at subscribers. So if I was doing an event in Melbourne, I never needed to advertise or brand or market or pay any money or anywhere because I had so many subscribers. And I remember one day I was heading up to Sydney. I don't know if you know this story, but I was heading up to Sydney for a speaking gig. And so just in the morning I said, hey, everyone, I'm doing a gig today. I'm standing in Sydney tonight. I finished my gig late so I'm going to be down in the foyer of I forget I forget the name of the hotel, but it's right there on the harbor. And I said I'm going to be down in the foyer at seven o'clock, and if one of you turns up, or five or ten of you turn up, I'm going to coffee with you, or a diet coke with you, or you can drink a beer. I don't drink whatever the fuck, and we're just hanging out and talk shit for an hour. And this was a thing that used to happen quite a log a lot with blogs where you do basically meetups, they'll call meetups. So I'm up in my hotel room. I'm just fucking around and I'm like, oh shit, it's three minutes to seven, i'd better get down. Probably no one will come, but fuck.
Speaker 3: It, who cares.
Speaker 1: One hundred and thirty people turned up.
Speaker 3: You're kidding? Yeah, you had.
Speaker 2: Your engagement was like by the way, like now like it's normal to have an email list, you know, yeah, but it's not normal for everyone to open that email anymore, you know, because everyone's getting bombarded with emails. But back then, I reckon your your open rate would have been like ninety percent, so like like seventy thousand people would actually read your stuff.
Speaker 3: Like you had.
Speaker 2: Your engagement was insane because no one else was doing it like you were one of the only blogs. I think it was you and Leo Baptu who had then something. There was only a couple of you guys around the world that was doing it at that scale. It was pretty It was life changing for me, like the content itself. And that's why I'm so proud to ship out so much free work in our world that we do as well, because you know, free trainings and resources can be life changing, just like your blogs were for me. You know, one of the things I'm so proud of about this new documentary is it's free of charge. Cost us over one hundred thousand dollars to produce, but it's totally free.
Speaker 3: For any person who listens to it. And that feels pretty good too.
Speaker 1: Tell people what it's called and where to find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the documentary is called Freedom Healing from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It's really it's intent was designed for the people of the world who are suffering.
Speaker 3: And so if you're.
Speaker 2: Going through chronic fatigue syndrome where you know someone who is, like, one of the biggest problems is the isolation and mistreatment, you know, the silence of the medical industry. First and foremost and then the family and friends who just don't understand what the hell is going on with someone who has got chronic fatigue. And so we you know, the thing that we really made purposeful was that it's about the people. It's about hope, it's about understanding, it's about awareness, and so that's what the documentary is all about.
Speaker 3: It's not about our actual.
Speaker 2: Program that you know, the thousands of people in the seventy eight countries have joined.
Speaker 3: It's not about that.
Speaker 2: It's more about building awareness of like what chronic fetite syndrome actually is, how it affects people. And then also we showcase, you know, a bunch of different recovery stories of all ages from zero to ten, all the way up into people in the eighties. Just so no matter who you are, awhere you're at, you can watch that and go well, with Janet from Hawaii who's eighty four can get better, then maybe I can too. And so yeah, it's a short film. It's twenty it's twenty minutes long. It's now available on YouTube at sipa's Health on our YouTube channel, which is great tens of thousands of views or in the last couple of days and just some really nice comments like oh my god, my mum watched this and like now she finally understands me more, and like we've had a conversation about it. You know, Oh my god, I've been crying for the last twenty minutes because finally I feel seen and heard. You know, I've been struggling for thirty years and the doctor's just told me I was making this up. Like there's so many stories like this, and for me, that was the driver. You know, when I worked three years ago, when I woke up one morning and I was like, I'm going to create a documentary, Like I just like woke up and thought it'd be easy, and I thought it'd be.
Speaker 3: A three week process. It took three years. It is.
Speaker 2: It is a lot of work, even a twenty minute documentary. It's like it is insane how.
Speaker 3: Much work it's like takes to get a film out. But I'm glad I did it anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and also to produce something that's you know, high quality, great content, great editing, great visual, great audio, great people like great messaging, like something that's a valuable tool for people that you know that's going to just live in cyber space. For the next however, many decades, right where people can go back to It's not like oh I did a workshop, now everyone's gone home and that disappears into the ether. Like this is a thing that'll live on. And the thing is, you know, I mean, everything that you do, that you do for the first time, you build knowledge, skill, awareness, understanding, competence, and so if you ever do another one, it'll be which we will. Yeah, yeah, it'll be a different process you'll do. You'll know exactly what not to do and what to do, and then by the time you do your tenth one, you'll be a fucking And I've watched it. It's great. So I'm not saying, oh it was good. I'm not saying, oh it was a pretty it was fucking great. I loved it. I love the way it was done, and it was it's world class. It's very good. Right, But it's it's like everything you know, it's like, how do you get good at making documentaries? Well, not by reading a book. You get good.
Speaker 2: You've got to be in the fire exactly, Yeah, you got.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't get good at what you're not actually doing. Yeah, you want to do your research and you want to talk to people, and you want to plan and you want to prep and you want to optimize everything.
Speaker 3: But ultimately, you can't build.
Speaker 1: A skill by avoiding the thing that builds skills. So you know, well done, mate. I loved it. It's amazing and I'm proud. I'm proud of you. You know that. But and you don't need that from me, But I don't. I think, I don't know. Maybe it's an Australian male thing, but dudes don't tell tell their mates that we're out of it. We don But I'm super proud of you. It's great. Yeah, what's it like, you know, being apart from apart from helping all of these people and and doing the great things that you're doing, you know, medically and psychologically and sociologically with your your team, But what's it like leading a team of people? Because you know, it's kind of almost your business is like an intersection of like purpose and a humanitarian project and business because you've still got to pay bills and you've still got to everyone's got to feed their kids, and it's not like you've got you know, you and Brian and Sally, who are two part timers, you've got twenty four staff and I bet that's been a steepish learning curve.
Speaker 3: I actually love it.
Speaker 2: It's the thing that drives me the most now, so because the way I look at it, I've been doing this way for a long time, you know, just like you and your field. You know you've done it way longer than me, don't you know. If not telling you how old you are, but you know you've champ exactly. But you know you said the same things over and over for seventeen years. It's it's repetitive the results, and never you do things with the result, right, So when you see someone get their life back or they're like, oh my god, you know, Toby, I went from being in a wheelchair and not being able to leave my home to traveling the world and falling pregnant when my doctor said I couldn't fall pregnant. You know, like they're the things that make you tear up and go, this is worth it. But on the daily level for me, my team and my why because and it's probably a personal development thing that I probably learned from you many years ago, is like I get off on seeing other people grow, and when you see them, you know, they're kind of a little bit timid, they don't have that much confidence, and then a year later they're like they own the stage. You know, they know exactly what they're doing. My general manager's been with me for she's been in this role for I think three years now, and it feels like we've been together for thirty years, you know, working together. Her evolution is just insane and like every new level is a new devil. And it kind of like the way business works is like when you grow, it just creates more bottlenecks, and then your job is to solve that bottleneck in the moment that ultimately getting the way of, you know, doing the job that you're supposed to do, which is to help people get their life back. But when you've got twenty fourteen in so many different departments, there's a lot of moving pieces. And this is what people don't know about running a purpose driven business. It's it's not about numbers, you know, at the first sight. You know, it's not like a real estate company where it's like, all right, if we sell this house for this much, this is how much we get.
Speaker 3: It's like, first of.
Speaker 2: All, how can we make the biggest impact in the world, Because that's why we started this whole thing, and how can we keep that intent this whole way through as we.
Speaker 3: Grow and help more people.
Speaker 2: And so I'd liken it to like a horse and like we've had to rain the horse in and hold that horse for dear life sometimes and just really pull it in, because for me, I would rather have a higher quality service than to help more people at a shittier rate and get shittier results. And so one of my weird goals or I guess intentions, is I want to be able to walk into any coffee shop in the world and someone come to me and say, Toby Morrison, thank you so much for your work had changed my life.
Speaker 3: Versus I could probably help one.
Speaker 2: Hundred thousand more people right now, but at a much lower quality rate, and therefore people would be upset, they wouldn't feel like they got value. And for me, it's not worth any price for that, Like I just wouldn't. I just wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: So so you're talking about in a way, you're talking about when to grow and expand, or when to open my doors, when to keep them closed for the money, you got it? Yeah, And timing, Like there's timing, there's practical stuff.
Speaker 3: There's reading, timing is everything.
Speaker 2: So this documentary was ready two years ago, so it's been it's been held for two years.
Speaker 3: Because we weren't ready to release it.
Speaker 1: That's so what happened that you went now is the time.
Speaker 3: Readiness for the team.
Speaker 2: So like, this documentary is going to reach hundreds of thousands of people as soon to be millions, and we can't have an influx of a thousand people if we don't have a solid team to support those people. And so, you know, naturally, because the word gets out and more people are finding our work around the internet and they come to us and like, hey, you know, I want to get your services. And it's like, all right, well, we need to have a department in every area, Like, for instance, just recently, we just introduced individualized accountability and support coaching throughout their entire journey.
Speaker 3: Before that didn't exist.
Speaker 2: They only had access to group coaching calls, right, And so you know, there's been pivotal key decisions over time, and it's all based off integrity. Like it's just like, all right, what's the what would integrity say? Integrity wou say, well, these people need one on one support and coaching Okay, how can you make that work?
Speaker 3: And then we've got to.
Speaker 2: Figure out how can we make it work. Then we've got to train the people. We've got to create a curriculum and a program to train the team to make sure they're world class. They're supported, but they can also support the team. But you know what's really cool, like that question of like what's it like with the team. One of our team members, Lauren Gmarco in America, in New York, because we have a team all around the world, England, New York, you know, everywhere. She quit her corporate job of twenty years to come across to Sefa's Health. She did, ninety percent of our people who work for Sefa's Health now did our program, got better, got their life back, went to do their own expertise, and then I brought them in at a certain time when I felt like it was the right right thing for that person. So when I needed a spot field for client success, I think my mind's I've got great memories. I was like, who would be great at this job? I was like, Lauren Gmrco. She did a success interview a few years ago. Let's see what she's up to. Heytoby, I'm just doing corporate like I'm finding a bit boring. I'm looking for more purpose. And I was like, well, I've got a really good position and I think would suit you. Now what's crazy is Lauren g She like this morning, I think she was up at four am doing calls from New York for our Australian clients and like never complains. We always check and hey, like we want to make sure you work lads, okay, we don't want to overwork. You want to make sure that you've got a good balance in your life too. She's like, no, I freaking love it, Like give me, give me more. And I'm like no, no, no, we're not going to give you more because we want you to have a good life too. But she's like, I love it so much. It fills me up with so much purpose and joy. And I think she was so starved at that for twenty years in corporate that she's just like, I'll do anything perceive herself like she's just a yes woman who's just like I love this work. It invigorates me, it gives me energy, and so that's what I love. Just like I just love that energy of just like seeing someone go from like a job they don't like to a job they absolutely love and they wear it with a badge of honor.
Speaker 3: It is just like, it's pretty fucking cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that's trying to find the spot where you best fit and trying to trying to find the job or the career or the space where it doesn't feel like a job or a career like where you're oh, this is just a thing that I do. It's like this right now, like this show is sponsored sponsors. We're on the Nova platform. This is ridiculous. I'm catching up with a mate. We're talking about stuff that hopefully we're both fascinated in and so hopefully the audience are mildly interested in. And this is part of my job. This is an every day of the week. I do this. But there's nothing about this that feels like work. And my listeners are sick of me saying that, but it's just true. So yeah, and when you get the right person in the right role, then it's you know, it's not that there's never problems, but it moves closer towards effortless. It's effort less, but it gets closer to that one.
Speaker 2: Percent, and you know, there's some team members right now that I need to move around or potentially even let go of soon, you know. And and I look at that as like perfect too, because it's like whether someone stays or goes, it doesn't really matter as long as they're growing as a person. That's all I really care about. And so I'll never hold on to someone who who in the right fit or doesn't feel like they're the right fit. And it's like, no, my job here is to help you grow as a human.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If that means within sea for self, awesome, And if it means it's not, then awesome too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Probably the biggest lesson is the hard conversations. I think something that I've probably gotten a lot better at is just like having the composure and the capacity with just being able to sit down and have direct, hard conversations in a loving way and only good has come from it. Like there's never been a time when a hard conversation there hasn't been good come from it.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting because like some of what we do as leaders and bosses and even just as friends, right, it can be emotional because you're talking, especially when you start to with somebody feedback, right, Like everybody wants feedback until they get feedback.
Speaker 3: You know, everyone's good feedback. Tell me what I did? Yeah, unless unless you're like a top leader.
Speaker 2: Because for me, I want to hear what I'm not good at, Like, I don't care about what I'm good at, Like, just tell me what I could do better. That's my always my question to my GM. Yeah you must be the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, I mean I'm trust me. There's no bigger critic of me than me, So I fucking I say that all the time, right, And that's okay. But being able to share people, share with people in a way that's that's truthful and insightful. And obviously your perspective of me is not mine, right, So you have you have a level of objectivity about Craig Harper that Craig Harper can never have because I've never sat in a room and watched me speak. I've never been on a podcast with me and been asked questions like, I've never hung out in a staff room at Harper's like you did many times with me. Right, So, and this is the you know, we don't see things as they are. We see things as we are a nas nin right, So we're trying to We're trying to find that that common ground where look, we can have a hard conversation and it doesn't become emotional or inflammatory or but we I mean, if we are and I think most of my audience had this right, if you are really a person who actually wants to grow and learn and evolve and whatever that means for you, become a better version of you physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, spiritually, whatever all that stuff means for you, and you are not open to feedback, well, none of the previous stuff's going to happen, you know, because you now there's a difference between self awareness and acknowledgment and self loathing. I'm a fucking idiot, you're right, Toby, I am an idiot. Oh yeah, I'm dog shit tote. No, that's not it.
Speaker 3: That's not zero of that. No, we don't have any of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's just trying to Okay, so here we are. Here's what I see. Here's firstly, here's what you're doing. Great, there's a bunch of good stuff. There's some stuff that I reckon you need to think about. And this one thing that you do from the outside looking in it's essentially self desis structure. Let's talk about that, you know, and then oh, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: My mentor calls it the art of enrollment, right, So, and he taught me really well, he's actually now he's in the house seat his help, which has just been phenomenal.
Speaker 3: John Mars shout out to you, John.
Speaker 2: But I work with John one on one for five years, and one of the things he taught me early on in leadership was like, how you enroll someone matters. So I used to be someone who's like quite a hothead and just like makes decisions super fast, doesn't enroll anyone along the journey's like all right, this is what we're doing, let's go, and then my poor team would have to pick up all the mess and then I'd have to figure out what the broken parts were and then we'd solve it together. But now it's like, we enroll with the ideas. First, Hey, this is what I'm thinking of doing. How do you feel about this? And we get we get an invitation out right, and then the team mem because yeah, I feel good about this, and then we can get into it. Or if it's a hard conversation, Hey, Craig, today, look today, I'm going to put on my boss out right now, we're going to put the friends hat off just for a moment.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a proper chat.
Speaker 2: You know. He's okay if you've got fifteen minutes to have a quick chat about your specific role, and then you're preparing them, and then there's this two way communication of like, all right, let's just have this conversation. It's got nothing to do with our personal lives, got nothing to do with Toby Morrison hating me or anything like that. It's just a professional conversation. So I like the business cap. My auntie gave me that tool, which was just like, put the business hat on. I've got the boss had on, put your staff hat on, and let's have a chat. Yeah, And it's been that's been really powerful too, so.
Speaker 1: Much so much we spoke recently. I can't remember. I do so many of these. I can't remember who it was with, but we're talking about oh I know exactly. It was actually my Monday night mentoring group, and we're talking about last Mondays, not the one just gone, but the one before. It was all around communication, connection and relationships and like communication is such a multi dimensional thing. Right, it's like what you say, it's how you say it, it's when you say it, it's timing, its context that situation. Is anyone else listening? Do they want to hear this? So they read? How do I get them ready to hear this? What language should I use? You know? Do I need to use metaphor and storytelling? Or can I jump straight to the points or whatever? Right? And many times, so Toby used to work at Harper's, my biggest gym on the Highway, doing his own thing under my banner. But so you remember how big that joint was, right, And there were so many times when I would have to have I would see a trainer do like it wasn't on a daily basis, but over the course of a year, I mean we did tens of thousands of sessions and I would see someone do something on the gym floor that wasn't okay. Right, I'm like, that's not okay. But the tough thing was I couldn't walk up. I couldn't walk up and go, hey, mate, what the fuck are you doing? I couldn't go, hey, that's not okay, that's unprofessional, that's whatever was right. And then on top of that, well, I need to find the right time, and I need to you know, if I walk up to them and say listen, even if I walked up and said, when you finish, can you come to my office, well, that's going to create emotional turmoil for them.
Speaker 3: Right exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, then I'm likely you had a lot of you had how many you probably had it? I don't know how many trainers, maybe thirty at one point, thirty to forty, and then they're training, so there's like eighty to one hundred people in the gym at one time, and I can't imagine that dynamic.
Speaker 3: You almost have to have quarterly catch ups.
Speaker 2: Basically, it would be the only way to do it professionally without shit hitting out there.
Speaker 1: That's right. And then sometimes I would have to because they've done something that's not okay, because if you do that tomorrow, we're fucked, right, So I'd just say, hey mate, no drama, can you come see me when you're And even just doing that, that'd come in like with their tail between their legs, like fucking intrepidation. And it would depend like with one person, I could say, hey mate, when you do this, that look shit for these reasons, so don't do that, and they'd go, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry, yeah, all good, I got no drama, Just don't do it. They're like fine, I'm like see ya, like thirty seconds. And then someone else I'd have to we'd have to go to you know, like Sydney via fucking the Philippines to get to the to get to the actual point, because I thought, if I just say it, there's going to be a meltdown. So when you're sharing, even when you're sharing what something that is unemotional, it's just like, this is just based on the data. This is just based on what I've seen, and this is why it won't work, and this is what I would like you to do. And these are the reasons why most of the time you can't just say it that way because obviously you've got a factor in you know, who you're talking to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And also, like what I've learned, it's a little bit different to the gym floor. If it's like technique base, you know, fixing technique and things that are pretty easy to fix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if there's a.
Speaker 2: Behavioral problem, that usually the problem's not the problem, Like what I found, So like if someone's off at the moment, like I had a team member probably a month and a half ago.
Speaker 3: I could feel he was off.
Speaker 2: He was just off, not himself, not doing a great job, great person, lovely energy, you know, like really good guy, but just off. And it didn't matter how much training we were giving him. We were trying so many different angles, or I was trying so many different angles.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this is none of this is working. So I just sat down.
Speaker 2: I was like, what's going on, Yeah, talk to me. What's going on in your personal life? Are you feeling flat?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: And it all came out, you know, there's some personal shit going on. And that way then we could I could understand him better, I could support him better, and then we could get to the root of the problem and solve it together versus me going you need to do this training or you need to be more like this. And I found that really helpful. Firstly, just checking in are you okay? Like his everything going on, and even with me when I'm not in a good way, you know, like I've got a very close relationship with my GM ash Ashley Ward, and if I'm not in a good state for a period of time, she'll know and I'll have to say to her, and I don't have to go into details with her, but I'll say this bit of personal stuff's going on right now, and this is why I'm feeling the way I'm feeling, and it's got nothing to do with you. Yeah, and it's like okay, like it takes the pressure off.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: The other awesome tip that I got with team was from Len Warson. You know Len Wawson from he owns Glennville Holmes. I think he did a radio He's done radio ads and stuff like that. So Len Wowson very successful businessman. I helped his daughter with Croning Fatis in Drome get better many years ago. I think it was like fourteen years ago or something, and we became really close friends and he kind of mentored me for a long time. And I said, and I sat in his office once. He had one hundred staff in his in his wherever it was Corefield or whatever, and I sat in his office. I was like, how the hell? And I was so young then, like I'd never had staff before. I was like, how the hell do you deal with all these people? Like like how do you say hi to a hundred people to get to your offer? Like I literally said that quite. I'm like, what do you do every morning? Do you have to say hi to everyone? He's like, fuck no, He's like, I don't say hi to anyone. He's like, you had to say hi to everyone, It'd take me an hour to get to my office. So I just like, I walk in the door and I go straight to my office. I was like okay, and I said, well, what's the trick to keeping staff happy? And he said, you have to you have to understand their personal goals, and then you have to weave your business into their personal goals. He said, most people come into my office and ask for more money because they see that I'm making more money now.
Speaker 3: He was a super successful guy.
Speaker 2: You know, beautiful home, nice cars, all that jazz, and so obviously the stuff look up to him and go oh, like, you know, I want what he's got, So I need to make more money. And they'd coming like, oh, you can I have a pay rise? And he says, I can't give you a pay rise, but let me sit down with you for an hour and let's figure out an investment plan and for you to purchase more property so you can become wealthy over time. Tell me your goals, and so he'd sit down with every single one. I think it was every six months or every twelve months he'd do like a review, but a lot of it was like forty five minutes purely on them, And so I do that. Now we've got a spreadsheet of every single team member's personal goals, their hobbies, their passions outside of work, because that's really important too, you know, like it's not about us, it's about them. Like you, you're the one doing the work. So it's like, hey, how can I help you win it?
Speaker 3: Your life? What do you want to do?
Speaker 2: You want to travel, all right, Let's figure out a way that you can travel and work at the same time. You want to build a garden, all right, how can we support you with time to do that with your lifestyle? You want to make more money, all right, Let's figure out a way you can add more value to the world. So there's just everyone, and everyone's different. That's the other crazy part, like not everyone has the same goals, you know, yeah, mate, that's there's.
Speaker 1: A lot of wisdom for a thirty seven year old man. I mean, there's a lot of insight there, and there's a lot of the truth. Is that everyone that works for you is has their own version of what success is and what is good and what is bad, and what is desirable and what is undesirable. And you know, as we were just kind of illuminating with the way that I would approach different people on the gym floor. You can have a conversation with Sally which lights her up, and you have the same conversation with somebody else and it confuses the fuck out of them or it agitates them, or you know whatever. Right, So I think one of the things that, like what you were telling us about len is brilliant, and also what you're doing is brilliant because you're seeing the You're seeing the people as just human beings, as psychological, emotional, sociological creatures that just happen to work with you in this organization rather than cogs in a machine whose purpose is to make you more money. But no, fuck that, yeah, yeah, and that. Like so when I do briefing calls, like as you know, I do a lot of corporate and sometimes sometimes I'll say so like they maybe the person I'm talking to doesn't even really know what I do or who I am. They've been recommended me and so I'm somebody's booked me. So I'll talk to old mate who's organizing the conference, or maybe the CEO or the MD or whoever he or she is, right, and I'll go, so what do you know? What do you talk about? And I say, well, I'm not going to talk about your business or your brand or how you should be better at making widgets because I've never made a fucking widget. Right. So, but everyone that works for you, everyone that works for you, you know, has got beliefs and values and dreams and passion and years and anxiety, and everyone that works for you as a human. And I'm really fucking good with humans. Right, So we're going to talk about the human experience, and we're going to talk about physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual health. Right Because here's what I know. If we don't talk about the business or the bottom line, or the systems or the culture or all of that stuff, maybe culture, but if we talk to your people about.
Speaker 3: Them, and which is culture, by the way, yep.
Speaker 1: And our intention is we want to help you be a better version of you so that your life's better. You're better, you're less stressed, less anxious, and you love getting out of bed every morning. And so the thinking is that if somebody shows up at work and before they even show up at work they're physically, mentally, emotionally exhausted or a version of that, well, not only are they going to hate being at work, not only they're not going to be good for you, they're not going to be good for them. So we don't need to focus on productivity or efficiency or bottom line. We can just help people look after themselves. And one that's genuine, We actually really want to help you. So you're a better employee, just so you're better whatever better means for you. You might be a better dad, better mum, bet a sister, better brother, better care, whatever it is. And so by having these very people focused relationships within the context of a business, you're actually building the business without trying to build the business. You're actually doing good for the operating systems. You're actually doing good for the clients and the customers and the culture and the morale without even mentioning morale or culture exactly.
Speaker 2: Dan Martel says, build the people who build the business. And I'm not really you know, I don't really classify myself as a business guy. It's more just we're just mission driven and so what's really interesting My goal, my job is two things. It's to help my people win, yeah, and help them become more of themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we're another perfect example Korein. Coach Korein, she's a mate. Shout out Krein if you were listening to this. She came into the headquarters probably three months four months ago.
Speaker 3: She was new.
Speaker 2: She was she's been six months with us, so first two months she was doing I thought she was doing great. She comes into the office we have a catch up, and said, how are you doing with her? And she goes, I'm funny. I'm just like getting overwhelmed and like really like you know, nervous.
Speaker 3: Before our big calls.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot of the hundreds of members coming on and I just I just don't know if I'm doing like a good enough job. And I said, well, what are you comparing to? She goes, I'm comparing it to coach Gemma, who's like a little bit higher than her. And she's like, you know, Jemma has a certain style and she and all the clients love her. And and I said, how hold on a second. I said, stop there. I said, I'm not. I didn't ask you to join CFS Health Team to be Gemma. I hired you because you're Carinne and you're amazing at being Carinne. And she's she's goofy, she's funny, she's she's smart, she's she's got great coaching frameworks. And I was like, I hired you for you, So what I need you to do? He's been all of you on those calls. I want you to bring you quickiness, I want you to bring your fun and you could see like the pressure just like completely evaporated from her entire being. And the next week she had a call coaching call with the big group and she sent me a text she goes, oh my god, that was just amazing.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, because I'm asking you to be more of who you are, fuck being Jemma. Jemma's amazing. I love Gemma and we all love Gemma. But I didn't hire you to be like Gemma. I hired you because you're amazing as you are, and so I think that's really special too, Like that's what kind of is the juice for me is just like helping people again grow more of themselves in themselves versus.
Speaker 3: Trying to be someone you're not.
Speaker 2: You know, so on all interviews that we have, like you know, every interview we have with new team members, that's the first thing I say, You're not coming in to be more like Tobby Morrison or Ash or anyone else, Like, We're hiring for you for you, And that's isn't that nice? So you can just like breathe a sigh of relief of not having to try to be anyone else but yourself.
Speaker 1: This is probably a weird question, but do you ever work with health slash wellness slash fitness professionals who work in other spaces and places to even just to give them a one or two hour kind of intro to like a little bit of an education and awareness around chronic fatigue, Like is that a thing that you go in We.
Speaker 3: Get asked a lot to do.
Speaker 2: I decline it right now just because we've got so much stuff on right now with the DOCCO and the second book coming out, But it's probably something we should do, really like it would be pretty helpful for physios and ots And have.
Speaker 1: You ever thought of I mean, well, I've got a little bit of an idea about how this would work because I co wrote the first PT accreditation.
Speaker 3: Yeah we should talk about this, by the way.
Speaker 1: Most of the work, but you know, like writing an accreditation for people to become chronic fatigue coaches, coaches, you know where people can go and do a cert three in that or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so again being on the radar for ten years. But my biggest fear with that is quality control. Like there's we get asked every single week like how can I you know, how can I get the training? Like how can I be become a coach? And we're so selective of who we actually bring in house because obviously we are world class. But my worries imagine if we have a thousand people, right, because we could easily get a thousand people who would pay for a certification, and then they start randomly shouting from the tree tops all this stuff that isn't the stuff we actually taught, that actually isn't right for recovery. I just could added for me personally, I don't think I could have my name on it. It worries me too much that they do too much damage to the individuals they try and help, and it actually it's counterproductive. And that's I mean, I could be wrong. I'm happy to be challenging that. But that's my biggest year.
Speaker 1: I actually think that's a really good points quality control, city control. As soon as you said that, I went, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's the wild wild West, Like as soon as someone like, oh, yeah, I'm a CEEF, it's health coach. I can coach anybody, and like we see it. We see it at the moment, Like people do our program, they get better and they go, oh, I want to do what Toby does. So I'm just going to start calling myself a coach, a chronic FATI coach because I've gotten better with no training, no no understanding of like human behavior or psychology or even physiology, and and they just it's just not it doesn't feel it's out of integrity. And so that's my big quality controls, our biggest worry. And even with our actual coaches, we have a very thorough on boarding process. They have to go through our in house certification just to be a coach in house, right, and then they're training every single month like ongoing. There's never a month, there's no training every single week. There they have to do a review of what they did great, what their favorite Clyde win was what their favorite coaching win was, and then a lesson and an inside that they can take into next week as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing, amazing. Well mate, I'm proud of you. You're doing great things. We'll wind it up, but before we go, so's the what's one of the things that from sixteen year old you to thirty seven year old you that's like been one of the biggest I guess light bulbs or revelations or lessons for you, Like what do you what do you now know that's kind of been a little bit transformational that you learned along the way. And I'm sure there's a million things, but what might be near the top of the list. What do you know now that you never knew that you think also maybe a lot of other people don't know business, Yeah, business, or people or life stuff or philosophical stuff. I mean, I feel like you've become a lot more philosophical and spiritual in the last few years, and you're kind of there's been a door that's opened in you know.
Speaker 3: Interesting mind. Yeah that's interesting. Yeah, well I'm glad to say that.
Speaker 2: So I think for me, you know, I started, I started from a place of willpower.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, Yeah, that's such an interesting thing to say. I've never heard anyone say that.
Speaker 2: I started from a place of willpower, right, So I believe that, you know, it's up to you if you want to get it done, you've got to do it yourself.
Speaker 3: And that's true, that is true.
Speaker 2: You have choice and you've got you've got to be empowered and all that. I think willpower only takes you a certain to a certain level. And I got to a point probably three years ago where you know, I grew seefer self to a place that I never you know that i'd always dreamed of, you know, had a big team. We're helping thousands of people. It's you know, it's it's helping people all around the world. It's successful. But I was empty and I was so soulfully depleted in my soul. And I had all these goals and I was hitting them, but I was miserable, and they were like, they were good goals, they weren't necessarily selfish goals, they were selfless goals, but nonetheless it felt.
Speaker 3: It just didn't feel that good. And I was like, it was super weird.
Speaker 2: Because I'm not really a religious person, never really believed in God. I kind of my quote back in the day when I was sixteen was God helps those who helps themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I used to read that to myself when I was sixteen, even though I wasn't religious, because it was like, the only person that can do it is you. And then about three years ago I started asking this question, God, what do you need from me today?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: So I'd wake up every.
Speaker 2: Morning and just like sit at the edge of my bed just before i'd drink my two glasses of water, and I'd say, you know, God, what do you need from me today? And it wasn't like, you know, it's not like I'm reading the Bible or you know, it's my version of what God is. And I was basically just connecting to something higher than me, kind of letting go of this control of like I have to will power everything. And I got some really interesting insights, like you know, it's one morning it'd be like you need to be a better leader and listen better. Other times it was like stop trying to reach outcomes and just be more. And then I got so pissed off with all those goals that I rubbed all them off the wyboard in.
Speaker 3: The in the office. And then I just wrote words of how I wanted the company to be.
Speaker 2: So it was like loyalty, you know, inclusive, culture, integrity, like we just had all these words, and then that's when everything started to shift, Like that's when I started to operate differently, like from a place of like being versus like doing doing doing. And it's still a lesson to this day of like I'm calling it relaxation in motion. He's kind of like how I'm trying to operate these days versus like always in my head of like all right, we just got to do this. We've got to do this. And per example is delaying the documentary until it felt right in our bodies, you know, Like and my leadership team same things. Like we just ask each other questions, how does it feel for you, Yeah, it feels good. How does it feel for you? Oh, it feels a bit off for me, Toby, And these are why. These are the three reasons why. And then we have a discussion about it and we all get on the same page of it has to feel good in our bodies and it has to feel like it's coming from a place of integrity and good intent, and then we say yes from there and if it's not, then we will just say no.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because you and I there's there's a lot of commonality and overlap I had. I've spoken about it many times, but a bit of an epiphany when I was around the same age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me about that at say again, tell me about that, because I think so. I think that's why I related to you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, there was one stage where I had I had a gym in Hampton, a gym in core Field, a gym in Brighton. I had two other businesses that were at a beauty salon with a bunch of ladies working in and I had another business. So I had five freestanding like.
Speaker 3: You owned a beauty seal on.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. I didn't work in their clear and I didn't benefit from any of the services. Stop being fucking rude, you're still do. It was very funny though, but yeah, no, I agree, hilarious. But the bottom line was at that stage I had about one hundred staff. I had five businesses. They're all making money. I was writing for the Herald Son, I was writing my first book. I was working in radio. I had a pretty big profile. I was seen as something of a minor superstar in the fitness industry, right, or maybe a little bit bigger than that, right, Yeah, big fish, small pond, all that shit, right. And from the outside looking in, my life was fucking Hollywood, you know. It was Hollywood, cars, motorbikes, beach, house, house, all this.
Speaker 3: Shit, right.
Speaker 1: And so there's a big difference between the appearance of success and the experience that an individual is having in the middle of what appears to be a successful paradigm, a successful outcome, a successful life. And so I was, depending on your KPI, depending on how you would measure it, I was simultaneously successful and bankrupt. I was mentally, emotionally and spiritually bankrupt. So I told my group on Monday night this, and I apologize to my listeners who have heard it. But right now you can see this spiral bound book in front of me and the pen. Every night I would take one of those to bed because I knew that I would wake up multiple times in the night worried about something, thinking about something, solving a problem, and if I couldn't get it out of my head and onto the page, I couldn't sleep. I would literally do that between five and ten times a night for two years. Wow, I was fucking exhausted. And then I'd rock up to work and I'd bounce around like happy Gilmore, you know, fighting and pretending I was all And it wasn't that I was doing anything inherently evil or bad. I was just I was personally living out of alignment. I was like I was pretending that, well, not really pretending, but like I can do business, and I can make lots of dough, and I can be entrepreneurial, but it's not my calling. It's not my purpose, it's not my reason, it's not my reason, it's not what for me anyway, it's not what I'm like. My purpose in life is not to accumulate all the shit I can accumulate. My purpose, I believe, is to help others, to help themselves, to help other people realize and I mean that in both ways, realize their potential to optimize. You know, their their brain power, their genetics, their time, their resources, their skills, their happiness, you know their relationships, their talent, you know all of that stuff. And yeah, so I just, yeah, I pulled the pin and I sold everything except Harpers on the Highway and the Big One, and yeah, and it's been a I think there's that, you know, especially when you're like you and me, is I can't speak on your behalf, but I think you know, I was a fucking I was a very average kid. You were probably more spectacular than me, and that you were a very good athlete. Well, I was shit, but you ended up being a kid with an illness that you needed to navigate.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I lost that identity in my teenage years.
Speaker 1: And we both came out of that and went, well, fuck, who are we and what am I doing? Yeah? And the funny thing was that while and you know, I had this brand and this reputation, and I had these skills. I could talk underwater, I could be charming, funny, charismatic. I could do all of that right, But at the same time, there was this underlying insecurity, self doubt, self flothing. There was all this stuff that people didn't see because I was so good at playing the Craig harperole, you know. And then then you go, oh, and I think what happens often is we go all right, well, now I've got five businesses, and now I've got all whatever it is. Now I've got twenty four staff or twenty staff or wherever you were at the time, or now I'm fucking eight percent body fat, my arm's eighteen inches, or I'm earning two undergrand or I'm earning four under grand or I've got whatever it is. But the funny thing is you get there and you go, oh, I still feel lonely, i still feel disconnected, i still feel unsure, I'm still insecure. I'm still bullshitting people, and I'm bullshitting myself, and I'm avoiding something and I don't even know what the fuck it is. And so, you know, we grow up in a paradigm, a cognitive, cultural, sociological paradigm. That's is that we are taught that success is about what everyone can see. What you have, what you earn, what you own, what you drive, what people think you, your brand, your followers, your twenty four staff, your dog, your car, whatever, right, nothing wrong with that, But that doesn't necessarily equal fulfillment or contentment or equanimity. Or you know, it's like, oh, it's wildly successful, but spiraling out of control. Now, how many people do you know? And I know that are successful from an outside looking in perspective, but the inside out reality is depression, anxiety, no sleep, overthinking, self doubt, self loathing. You know, the emotional and psychological and even spiritual reality depending on your belief system, is fucking chaos.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So my theory is it like where life happens is in the external three dimensional world, but where living happens is in the internal, the unseen. But we are so focused on what everyone can see, we neglect the bit that people can't see, you know, that that internal space. And it's like if you said to me, I've said this many times, if you said, hahaps, you can talk tonight to ten thousand people for a dollar for a dollar, yeah or nothing, or you can walk over the road to talk to one hundred people for ten grand I'm like.
Speaker 2: I say to my team every day, just give me I want to speak to more people. That's literally what I say as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, And not just because it's I don't want anything off yeah.
Speaker 3: Grow.
Speaker 2: For me, it's just more of a growth thing, like a fun It just feels boring, like if you're just doing the same thing that you've always done. Going ba to your point, do you know Jonathan Helen then do you remember do you ever remember him? He was a bride. Yeah, So dear friend of mine. He passed away rest in pace. Yeah, really special guy to me, Like he's literally on my desk every day I look at him. There's how much of an EVACU made in my life. And one of the funny things about him was he and I learned this just before he passed away, his most successful year that he had in a very successful business property development guy.
Speaker 3: You know, hundreds of millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: And the craziest thing was was the year that he was most successful.
Speaker 3: He thought he was the biggest failure. Wow, fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Like he he was like, it's not good enough. I should have done more. Why didn't I hit this target? And like he had the most biggest successful year he's ever had, and that was his embankment into personal develpment. I think he hired a personal coach, he started seeing a therapist, and sadly, not long after that, he got cancer and I think he had it. It was about a four and a half year battle. It was a long time, but he had this beautiful evolution whilst he was kind of getting to that endpoint of life, and it was like self actualization and we actually disconnected when he was going for that driven success, entrepreneurial guy. We just split apart because our values didn't the line. I was more interested in lifestyle, living a balanced lifestyle and having a mission and caring about people, whereas he was, like he was just ruthless. But then once he got cancer, reached back out to me and we connected so deeply. We facedtime every week until he passed away, and we talked and he messaged me at two am in.
Speaker 3: The morning, Toby, do you believe in God?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Like I'm like, dude, it's two AMN on a Tuesday morning, Like I'm just trying to get out and it's my breakfast and do some work. I'm like, this is a deep conversation. Johnny said, yeah, but do you believe in it? And I was like, of course, you know, but it was just it was one of the things I learned from him, was just like perspective. And I think you can only get perspective through experience and through challenge. And I think his challenged with cancer woke him up to the reality of truth and what really mattered in life. And it was beautiful, like to watch the last period of his life he got to live a really rich life, which was cool, but there was this like a beingness kind of came from him and a gentleness and a different side of him that he that he hid from a long for a long time. I was one of the lucky ones that got to see that. Apparently he never showed that to the to the public, but it was coming out of him. And then I think the biggest thing is it's not about It's not about me. So like I think one of the things that John k You went through and I went through it three years ago, Like I just realized, like, this isn't none of this is about me anymore. So there's like there's four levels of leadership. But the last two is like there's like the thought leader. Everyone's a thought leader. Now this is from Simon Bown, one of my mentors. Thought leader, you know, kind of the go to guy or go to a girl in the industry. Then there's the hero, so like, you know, come with me and I've got my cape and I'm going to save you. I'm amazing, I'll share all the fat off you. I'm the best coach in the world and done it.
Speaker 3: You know, we've all been there.
Speaker 2: And then there's the sage, and the Sage is the type of leader that says, hey, I've been through some experiences, I've had this, I've got some knowledge and some information. If you like, I can share it, but what you do with it doesn't really matter. And so the sage kind of teaches from a place of we're all equal and I've just got got some knowledge to share with you. And it's quite a beautiful experience. And I feel like we all have to go through those four levels of leadership to get to the sage level. And I feel like the last three to four years for me, I've kind of completely Really it's the last six years of like gone off the hero journey of like this isn't even about me anymore, like the documentary zero about me, my team, my work, not about Tobby Morrison anymore. And it's it's nice because it's like we're all in this for the same reasons, whereas before there was much more self identification of like I'm on my island, you guys are on your island. You do you to help me get what I want and kind of like that ruthlessness with what Johnny went through in that selfishness, and I always say to my team.
Speaker 3: I think it's.
Speaker 2: Important to have selfish goals, things that you know that you're doing for yourself, But just as important, what are your selfless goals? You know, what are you doing it for on the bigger grand scheme of things. And yeah, it's not about it's not about me anymore. It's kind of like God's work. It's that's how it feels.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you just a little anecdote.
Speaker 3: Please please?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Johnny, Yeah, did you go to his funeral? By any chance?
Speaker 3: I went?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I went to his wake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so past to Phil, Yes, I spoke to pass the field that night, of course.
Speaker 3: And you are the one that connected all of that together.
Speaker 1: Yes, So for anyone who's who's pastor feel so Pastor Phil, this is a very small world. Sorry, everybody, you can turn off.
Speaker 3: This is a very this is actually really a cool story. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But Pastor Phil also was clearly a pastor of a church, but in a previous life was a physiotherapist. And then it ended up just for shits and giggles, kind of working at my Jim Harper's with his physiotherapy qualification, working with people more as a trainer, and so he was simultaneously a trainer and a past of a church, and he ended up doing Johnny's funeral and yeah, and spend john a lot of time with him.
Speaker 3: A lot of times.
Speaker 2: So john met him through the gym obviously back in the day, like ten years prior, and Phil was a really fit guy. But Johnny wasn't interested in God, he wasn't interested in spirituality. He just wanted to make money, build homes and make money. That's his only goal. His goal was to become a billionaire and he was close, like, he wasn't that far off when he died, actually died with a lot.
Speaker 3: Of money in the bank.
Speaker 2: And what happened was when Johnny got cancer, he remembered I think someone said to him like, well, maybe you know, you should get in touch with God or something like that, and John's like, this is just ridiculous, but remembered Phil, the gym guy who was the pastor and feels a cool pastor, like, you know, there's any type of pasty when I am, it's kind of Phil. And Johnny reconnected with Phil, and it was a really wonderful experience for john because he'd never had that man in his life to to kind of talk about spirituality on a deep level. And yeah, Phil was with him by side the whole way through. And then I was I was so privileged to see Phil at the funeral, and we had a really good chat, and we felt like we were on the lucky ones, you know, because we were in the We were in the room not as business people. And Johnny's brother, basically cousin Jimmy, who you probably remember, I used to train at the gym with Johnny. He said to me, you know, he said, you you knew the real Johnny, And I said, what do you mean. He goes, look around this room, all these guys in suits. He goes, they don't know the real Johnny. Hre of his money, because of his business, they don't give a shit about who he was. But you, you're one of the only few people that you really got to know Johnny. And I just assumed that I was. Everyone was the same, but he just didn't let many people in. But the funny thing was is because I didn't give a shit about his money, I didn't give a shit about I never treated him any differently than I would to anybody.
Speaker 3: Else in the world.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why we had such a deep connection and when he got on the BRW rich list I sent him. Everyone was like, oh Johnny, you know you well done, you three hundred million or whatever it was. And I just wrote to him as text means are saying, congratulations made, but how's your heart question mark?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And you know, like he would just be like what you know, and we'd have these massive conversations and I think he was just blown away because I just wasn't you know. I was way more interested in him as a human. And I guess I'm thankful for my parents of that, because they just brought me up in a world to treat everyone equal. Whether you've got a huge amount of wealth or you were homeless, you know, you're all the same. So I feel really privileged because I got, like I said, you know, there's there's only one person on my desk, and it's Johnny Helen n It's because of the connection, the level of intimacy he had as a friend friendship group, and I touch base with his son literally two days ago, Archie Helen, and just to check in on him. And I feel like it's my duty to make sure that he's okay, even though I barely know him. But I checking on him every couple of months.
Speaker 3: How you're doing.
Speaker 2: I'm always here for you. Just give me a call, you know. And he's doing great now as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's amazing mate. Well that went off at a philosophical tangent, but I love it.
Speaker 2: I didn't cry. I was about to tear. Every time I talk about Johnny, I usually start crying.
Speaker 3: So I love it.
Speaker 1: And just for people who are going feel past a field trainer physio. Just to give you a picture of Phil. Feel's about five to ten and about five to ten wide, a very good looking, very superman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very fit, very like just like huge bicyps.
Speaker 1: And it does not when you think about a pastor of a church, Phil is not what springs to mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like an he looks like a famous Hollywood actor but like so down to earth and yeah, it looks.
Speaker 1: More like a Chipendal than a pastor. Let's be honest. It's definitely quickly tell people where to find you, follow you and connect with CFS health.
Speaker 2: Yeah, CFS Health obviously across all channels. Just type in CFS health and on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook if you want to view into.
Speaker 3: My personal world. Toby J.
Speaker 2: Morrison on Instagram and then yes cushealth dot com if you're if you or someone you know has chronic fatigue syndrome is looking for a professional step by step help to you know, get healthy and start leaving again.
Speaker 1: It's been great, mate, I really loved it.
Speaker 2: Thanks man, it's nice to nice to catch up. And you know, you actually look you look great. You look younger every time you where's the wrinkles?
Speaker 3: Like? What's going on? Are you sponsored by Boatox? Now?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: You actually look you look great? Man? Like I think I'll got more wrinkles than you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel all right, you look good.
Speaker 3: What's the secret?
Speaker 1: What do you know how much I weigh?
Speaker 3: Now I was gonna say seventy nine.
Speaker 1: Eighty one, but I'm looking clean. I'm hard as a cat's head.
Speaker 3: Bro, So what's the secret? Are you on minimal cows or.
Speaker 1: I've just been taking those tablets that you send me in the mail? I mean, what's in them? But fucking hell they're great. Hey, we'll say goodbye affair, but from the moment, thanks buddy, talk again.
Speaker 3: My pleasure