Speaker 1: Take seventy coffee, settle into your seat. Good Jody and Hazy Matalie's favorite way to waken.
Speaker 2: Good morning, and like, welcome to your Wednesday morning.
Speaker 3: An eventful day for you yesterday, Andrew hate this.
Speaker 4: I'd love to hear from it if you've been involved in this situation on this thurday and twenty fourteen. So I was at Sir George's Bakery in North Adler. We've been there a couple of.
Speaker 3: Times, but you're there on the regular Futo regular actually, and I hope your wife car isn't listening this morning.
Speaker 4: Because I was doing something behind my wist back.
Speaker 2: You're partial, shall.
Speaker 4: Go against everything that we're trying to work on in our marriage right now.
Speaker 3: You're partial to a bacon a neg roles. The problem is you're on a budget, okay, and the budget doesn't allow for a baking neg role a day.
Speaker 5: No, And so.
Speaker 2: Yet we find ourselves in this space where you're at the St. George's Bakery. Once again.
Speaker 4: I keep on finding ways to reward myself. Oh I deserve this, I deserve this.
Speaker 2: What was the reward for yesterday Tuesday?
Speaker 4: Just get it through.
Speaker 3: So that's a great question, Andrew, need a treat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, I was a big day. To be fair, it was very emotional. Yeah, there was a lot going on. I was exhausted yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a big day. I was sitting on the street and I was just having a coffee and I was parked. I've got the price park right in front.
Speaker 2: We called that.
Speaker 4: I don't never get it anyway, I'm not ageist, Jodes not. But a little old lady was parked in front of me, and she reversed out and absolutely smacked the hell out of my car. Goot some audio from it, so much so that she really did some damage on the back of her car.
Speaker 2: What was she driving?
Speaker 4: She was driving like this sort of old Toyota, sort of sort of half station wag.
Speaker 3: And sub things made out of one hundred percent Malaysian plus tent.
Speaker 4: And then she's sort of half pulled up and as I walked over to to get details, she just sped off. She just have it off.
Speaker 2: So you are the victim of a hit and run?
Speaker 4: What's the victim of a hidden run? And I got her a numberplate details. I couldn't find any damage on my car though, which is actually quite phenomenal, but her car. Was she she sprinted off? Drove off? I reckon like her tail gate was like hanging on the ground like sparks and.
Speaker 3: Just about okay, just a quick question. He's surprised that there was no damage to his car. Can you tell everyone what you drive? It's a dirty, big one of those American truck things range.
Speaker 7: Have a look at me.
Speaker 4: It's not it's a full range. In fact, statistically it's actually the most purchased car in Australia.
Speaker 3: It's compensation und that you must have a very small you know what.
Speaker 4: No, I need something that big to carry it around accord me.
Speaker 6: So there.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to call the authorities, but my cars find it.
Speaker 2: Do you think maybe did she know? Maybe she knows she knew.
Speaker 4: Because when she saw walking over she was off. She wonped off.
Speaker 7: Wow, I love old people. Good on it.
Speaker 4: That's someone's crazy, nana, right, I love.
Speaker 3: An eighty year old that it has no morals despite the fact she's lived on this planet for a very long time.
Speaker 2: She's like, nah, I don't care one d That's what she did.
Speaker 4: A big show coming up. Nose pay bills happens each other in the morning at seven o'clock. We want to pay someone's bills and we want it to be yours, So reached the yours via the overplayer and six fifteen vend machine quiz shows. Just around the corner. The five hundred dollar cash envelope still up for grow.
Speaker 3: You know what's in there that's exciting. Five hundred bucks ticket, No, that is, but tickets to the Thunderbirds first time game. Oh, that's good, gave them away yesterday.
Speaker 4: All right, that's all coming up now, Joe's Can we pivot in a bit of a different direction because it's been quite the mixed couple of days. Yes, we want to rehash and what you did yesterday, which was extremely brave and that was open up on your journey when it comes to depression and mental health. Yes, morning.
Speaker 1: The following segment is the mature audiences only and may contain how all content, graphic language and nudity, not that you'll see it if easily offended, well you're about to find out just how easily your father.
Speaker 8: He's only money, Jody and hazes sex.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the time of the morning where we are a little wood, a little bit risque. We're going straighten after seven o'clock. Don't you worry about it. But this sort of stuff, let's just get it out out of the system, shall Well. Did you know across the globe, particularly Generation Zas, there's a sex shortage, mean a genuine sex shortage. Gen Zetters are having less sex than previous generations coming through. Really, that's true. Okay, there's one country though, it's fucking the trend all right. Can you'd guess?
Speaker 2: I don't know who would be having a lot of sex in the UK.
Speaker 4: Lady, any ball teeth and it's the French French women. Here's some stats for you, Jones yep. Increased number of sexual partners among women aged twenty five to twenty nine twenty nine four to having sex with at least ten different partners, a notable rise from eight percent in two thousand.
Speaker 3: Way War War War whar walk so women age between twenty five and twenty nine saying they've had ten different partners in their lifetime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll pick up the pace, ladies.
Speaker 4: No to go, you're bucking the trend, but you're not a gen Zetta. No, I know when you set the standard all those years ago and the ancestors didn't follow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Right, Also, what about this?
Speaker 3: They're sexual orientation ten percent identifies bisexual in France, five percent and sexual, two percent of lesbian, and two percent are asexual. I'd argue against that two percent of lesbian. There's got to be more than that. Thirty think, yes, I mean most women after four wines just they're a little bit, a little bit curious.
Speaker 4: I think, can we just sort of merge off into a different direction? Can we please pivot?
Speaker 2: Okay, go on? Yeah, really, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think it's a I don't think it's the thing for fellas.
Speaker 2: You don't reckon.
Speaker 3: I think I think because well, to be honest, women are more attractive than men.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, that's true. Women smell better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, women are nicer, Women have softer lips, all those things. You know, women have nicer bodies. Women don't have that dangly bit.
Speaker 4: Between their lisp that very active.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: We actually were within this team we're trying to organize a wine tour. Yeah okay, so yeah we are so produces. Yeah, if we're going the wine to it, can we just keep an eye producing Molly and Jody as well. So anyone as a single young bloke. And if you're organizing trip right now, may you have a look. And going over to France.
Speaker 3: I don't know who's to say yeah, but they've always been busy, the French, haven't. They've always had just that aura about them that they're quite sexual and they're romantic.
Speaker 7: Let's be real.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it romance? Is it six vastly different?
Speaker 4: Is it the same thing? No, mate doesn't leave to long long eternal love and babies and all those tuff things.
Speaker 2: Right, just sex?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, we're sex different people.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't wait, dumby, Oh.
Speaker 5: No, bears, pay your bills.
Speaker 4: You put it out there, Joe.
Speaker 2: I did. I could go in from Darlington.
Speaker 3: We are more than happy to pay your scum scuts.
Speaker 4: I think I think you lost her at scum.
Speaker 2: So I'm school fees for one hundred and seventy dollars and.
Speaker 4: Nothing talkbout that money goes back into the kitty. Yes, that's hopefully a nice, big chunky bill tomorrow, but yours fil mbile playff And then when we give you the queues call this time tomorrow. You got five minutes of calls back.
Speaker 3: And we're doing this thanks to Fairmont Home guys there it's on the house when you build with Fermont received free luxury upgrades, including freestone bench shops from is at family Homes dot Com.
Speaker 2: Dotte Here Joe's after seven.
Speaker 4: Thirty minutes to talk about this shirt on Netflix.
Speaker 5: Which is just blowing up to grip the world, hasn't it.
Speaker 4: This is a very very strong, powerful meaning behind it is his adolescence.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you finally we convinced you to watch it yesterday, so that was good.
Speaker 4: All right? Can we just feel the course? By the way, can you hear that sound like? Can you hear that sound in the background?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is what's happening.
Speaker 3: We are having our studios upgraded here at Nover so we're essentially sitting.
Speaker 2: In a boardroom that sits on Peery Street.
Speaker 3: There has there is a truck that is pulled up and he's doing some sort of maintenance and that is all your south all you and I can hear at the moment.
Speaker 4: Can we harmonize with its.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten? Is that coming through the speaker?
Speaker 4: I think he's gone through nicely because.
Speaker 2: It produce Molly.
Speaker 3: This is going to be your job to go down and have a chat to that truck driver and just good luck.
Speaker 6: Luckily I'm so authoritive and scary looking, I know he'll be so I rest your two truck drivers are.
Speaker 4: Normally like, we want to do this. On thirteen and twenty four ten share your dating disasters, because I feel like it's got at least one dating disaster. It's not easy to find the right one, and sometimes you've got to learn of what not to do by doing the wrong thing. Here's an article for you, jod'es. It tells you the five dating mistakes that people make the top five. Number one sharing too much about themselves too soon. You've got to keep it to yourself. And the key is, I think asking questions, not trying to impress people with your own stuff.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I was bad at that one. I always told them my whole life story. I would just get too excited.
Speaker 6: I just want to share and connect, and then I go, oh, that's way too much for someone you've just met.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard that expression listen more than your talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 7: I'm learning about that.
Speaker 4: That works very well.
Speaker 2: It's good in the corporate space when you're at work.
Speaker 4: Number two, fixated on whether there's chemistry or not, like just feel it. Number three, and this is a good one, bringing out past relationships in a negative way. Don't talk about.
Speaker 3: Your ex No, and I always think, oh, if they've got bad things to say about the X, what will they say about me one day?
Speaker 4: Yes, but not asking your data any questions, which verge is back to numbers you producer, just talking about yourself, talking like hey, I'm talking overshare.
Speaker 6: It's like telling them way too much personal stuff because you're just excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, fair enough. At number five, remember to have fun. You're there to have fun. You shouldn't be stressful. Thirteen twenty four ten, Please share your dating disasters. I remember meeting up with I've told you before Joe's I'm meeting up with a young lady and north that I think we went to on cafe, great spot for her.
Speaker 2: That's where you took her of all the cat Really, I.
Speaker 4: Think I liked I think that was the first problem.
Speaker 2: I don't think that exists anymore.
Speaker 4: But it does not exist. It's been replaced by Sir George's bacon. They'd do a fantastic job. We established within twenty.
Speaker 3: Minutes someone's trying to get free bacon and egg roles this morning.
Speaker 2: You've mentioned them far too much.
Speaker 7: Wasn't watch your chin sound effects?
Speaker 4: I'm chipping away? We established within twenty minutes she was very religious girl, and we had established that she was waiting until marriage to do something, and I had established that. Unfortunately I forgot to wait till marriage. So within twenty five minutes we shook hands and agreed to part.
Speaker 7: Wait yeah, really, yeah, literally shook hands.
Speaker 4: I think we literally shook hands.
Speaker 7: Respect It was very respectful. I think this is a good story.
Speaker 4: Wasn't It wasn't a storm out, but it was certainly a dating disaster. I said, I was a home in time for dinner.
Speaker 5: I love that you were.
Speaker 3: Adult and honest enough for her to first go, Okay, I am not going to do that thing, and you were like, but I really like to do that thing.
Speaker 2: So let's as adults mutually agree to go what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not compatible, isn't it. It's really it's not compatible. Produced mother, You've got a good one, which you need to share with us. Next thirteen twenty four to ten, you're dating asses, please share and maybe help all the singles out there. Jones. Yes, and you're happily married now. But you've been around. Oh my god, and you were on the dating scene. Actually were you? You got married so young.
Speaker 7: Okay, there's a lot to unpack.
Speaker 4: I've said the wrong thing, haven't I said?
Speaker 2: You mean that's it?
Speaker 4: I don't mean. I don't mean that in a derogatory.
Speaker 2: Way, horrendously derogatory.
Speaker 4: Okay, save me. On thirteen and twenty, can you share your dating disasters?
Speaker 7: This is Adelaide's favorite way to awaken.
Speaker 4: It's hard for the singles out there.
Speaker 3: Oh stressful sound an easy space to navigate, especially with all the online dating as well. I saw an app the other morning on Like it was like Sunrise or something where it was basically less about what you look like and.
Speaker 2: More about connection.
Speaker 3: So instead of using an actual proof wealthy but it's like a blurred photo. No, I get to know each other through conversation as opposed to like you look hot, let's.
Speaker 4: Swipe you fall in love with their soul. Yeah, it's not about aesthetics.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 7: Such a good show, sain't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I haven't watched it?
Speaker 4: Next or two thirteen, three fourteen, you're dating disasters? Can you take us through it. Because everyone's been through that particular learning space, we're better for it and we know not what to do the next time.
Speaker 3: So just an answer to I just want to clarify a few things that you mentioned previously. Yes, I did get married young. I also got divorced young. That meant I was single for about eight years.
Speaker 4: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: So I have been on a date or two and one of them was the most horrific experience.
Speaker 6: In my life.
Speaker 4: Really property if you've got a dating disaster like Jodie. An article has popped about the five things you should absolutely not do when on a first day Chodes.
Speaker 2: Let me rip through them real quick.
Speaker 4: Some of them pretty obvious to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sharing too much about yourself too soon, fixating on whether there's chemistry or not bringing up past relationships in a negative way, talking too much about yourself, and number five is forgetting to have fun. Producer, Molly, you've said you've done all of these.
Speaker 7: Well, it took me a while to find Jeremy, so I had to get it wrong a few.
Speaker 6: Times through some dragons, didn't you, Oh my gosh, boys, Yes, Then I met him.
Speaker 2: I was like, well this is good finally, Yeah, along.
Speaker 7: Dragons one of my first ever dates was so bad. I was really excited. I think I reckon. I was just at the age where we could drive, So what are you? Sixteen?
Speaker 6: And he picked me up, which I couldn't believe I was allowed to go firstly, and he took me to his mum's house and said I have to print something. I was like what, And we went into the mum's house and he printed off I reckon fifteen resumes was how's it go?
Speaker 4: Get it? And I like that.
Speaker 7: We got back in the car and I kid you not.
Speaker 6: We drove around to so many businesses and I sat in the car and he got out and gave his resume to business after business after business, and then he dropped me home. Why did you have to be involved in I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just want to go to the movie. He's like every other girl.
Speaker 4: Is there a little kids? At the end, you've gotten a job.
Speaker 2: Share with this stories is awful. I met this guy. I can't even remember where I met him.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I agreed to go on a date with him, and he came to pit me up when I left him in the lounge room downstairs, and I had to run upstairs to get something.
Speaker 2: And I came downstairs and he was filming. He's filming my house, and I heard him saying, oh, yeah, here I am guys, your own boys a meadow house. Oh my god, she's been joking.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I promptly said thanks anyway, this has been fun. But after you go, were you in the media at this time? Yes, that is terrifying awful fellas. Wow, So that's number six. So don't film someone's.
Speaker 4: House and in that particular moment you like, get out right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah I did.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, that's horrifying. Isn't that scary? And also what are your motives made? Why are you bragging to your friends?
Speaker 6: Weird?
Speaker 7: Just take around the block and dropped a few resumes off would have been better.
Speaker 2: Than this, so much better, less horrified.
Speaker 4: Chance, it's not a competition, but you won't. Well, thank you stuff. This is the biggest show on the planet and has absolutely gripped the world.
Speaker 5: Mistake, I haven't done anything.
Speaker 9: He's a good key there, Jamie. I want you to listen carefully. I'm going to start off with asking you do.
Speaker 10: You know a girl called Katie leaned? Yeah, describe each other as friends?
Speaker 4: Then is she at then, how would you ask her four part series called Adolescence on Netflix, Jude, It's been a while since I've seen a show and certainly sent some feedback where everyone's like, wow, that really moved me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if you are like hazy, a little late to the party on this one. The series follows the heartbreaking story. It's a family whose world has turned upside down. They're thirteen year old called Jamie is arrested for the murder of a teenage girl from his school, and it unfolds in real time, and unbelievably, it's all shot each episode. Each four one hour episode is shot in one continuous.
Speaker 4: Line on don't you know that? And you sort of really take note of it. It's quite incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you sat down and watched it yesterday. What were your initial reactions.
Speaker 4: First episode as well? Very confronting, like can you imagine everybody in that situation? Yeah, it's I mean, we're not going to give it away, but it's very much like, yeah, it feels real. Thanks you reckon like it. It feels like it could be a really genuine situation. That's why you can pitch yourself. Yeah, and if you've got kids in that situation, go wow, what would I do?
Speaker 3: That makes for good television, doesn't it When you can sit there and go, oh my god, what would I do if the police barged in guns, you know, poised and arrested my thirteen year old girl? Like, come on, It's just so very confronting. It raises a lot of issues to do with social media. Obviously, it raises some issues to do with Andrew Tait, who is this horrendous misogynist who is infiltrating all our schools and all our young boys at the moment, but also as the mother of girls, it makes you think, how do I protect my young girls from the effects of that, from blokes disrespecting them, maybe in the school system or just in a social situation.
Speaker 2: It raises so many questions. I have to say.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry if you haven't watched it to the end, but the last episode I sat and sobbed in the last scene.
Speaker 2: It's really it's a lot.
Speaker 3: It's a lot, but I think it in a good way because after watching this, I went into my thirteen year old's room and she sits on her phone most nights, no question.
Speaker 2: About that, And it's just scrolling and scrolling and I sat there.
Speaker 3: I said, right, I know you're going to hate this, but I need to ask you what's going on online for you because I just want to know if you're chatting to any boys or you know, are you having conversations with girls that are making you feel like bullied or uncomfortable?
Speaker 2: Is there any confrontation?
Speaker 3: So I love that a show like that on Netflix can make you have those conversations because I don't have them enough so much.
Speaker 4: So coming up next we'll continue this conversation. They're set to entry use classes to take one particular aspect which is raised in this series, which can be incredibly beneficial to the next generation coming up low void situations like that. So let's talk about that next. We are talking about a series on Netflix which is taking over the planet, and that is adolescence. Bring mistake.
Speaker 7: That I haven't done anything.
Speaker 9: He's a good kid, Jamie. I want you to listen carefully. I'm going to start off with asking you.
Speaker 10: Do you know a girl called katieleled Yeah, describe each other as friends?
Speaker 8: Then is she that? Then?
Speaker 4: Why would you ask her?
Speaker 3: So if you haven't had the chance to watch it, it's essentially the story of a thirteen year old boy who is accused of murdering a girl from his school. It sparked a conversation about the influence of social media and the misogynistic content on young boys. So basically, there's this Andrew Tait influence where he's teaching boys that women need to be in the home, that they need to respect you. There's sexual objects, et cetera, et cetera, all that boring, disgusting stuff. So what it has done has sparked a movement to address harmful behaviors from misogyny in schools. There's already program called Raise here in Adelaide who do that very very well. But it sparks the question should we have a curriculum in schools that has to teach boys respect? And I'm sad to even say those words, that we have to sit down to our young boys because I think that's our job as parents. But is that a necessary thing or should we be doing that instead of teaching the algebra because at the moment it's a worldwide problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, and we should be. We should be because you can't compare to when we grow up and what we had access to versus what's happening now. So it's easy to think, well, you know, we were dinosaurs back there. We have all the information now and it's absolutely going to head in the right direction. It's not because there's more and more access to the crap. There's more access to Andrew Tait and absolute pillicks like that. Unfortunately, we couldn't even if we wanted to get that sort of information. We'll blissfully unaware that there were things like that happening in the world when we were growing up. Most now, with a five to ten seconds you can access the most horrendous stuff that is humanly possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, Like the handheld device is teaching your young son about sex and about women and how submissive they should be, and that is horrifying.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think this is a great move to have this in school.
Speaker 3: I mean, can you imagine if adolescence sparks this whole new curriculum in schools.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a great thing.
Speaker 4: It would be huge. So I don't know. As a dad, I've got an almost seven year old, I'm not sure what to do here. I don't want him one devices at all, but he has to be actually has to be on iPad every night for school, So I'd like to be able to filter it out, but you can't filter it out, and we're in a new spot where we don't know how to deal with this sort of stuff because we never had to deal with it ourselves. So tuition and everything from parents is obviously the key, and from teachers, but associating with certain friends, et cetera. It's really worrying.
Speaker 3: But also conversely, there is someone out there who is telling young boys that my daughter is to be submissive, and my daughter is there for his pleasure, and my daughter is to be an object to be used any way he wants, and.
Speaker 4: They're listening to him, and they're paying him money for this advice. I know, that's what it's like. It blows your mind, and it's easy for us to be like, well, that's just absolute bull crap. But it's a different generation with different heroes.
Speaker 3: If that's the biggest influence on our young boys at the moment, we're in real trouble.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think we're all on this together, particularly for parents. But if you've got some advice as well, we'd love to hear from your thirteen and twenty four ten. But I mean I'd highly recommend watching adolescents for everyone across the board, different ages, whether you're a youngster, whether you're a parent, everybody. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Do you too feel as parents that having these classes in schools would make you feel better?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, one d percent absolutely before it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so in a way it could reiterate what you're telling them at home, So it's coming from you, but also from an authority figure.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent, Like these boys need to hear this from a very early age. That's where they get their ideas from from as the young boys, that's where they form their beliefs.
Speaker 4: Do you know the other thing as well as I've got to try and make sure that I, if it's something that my kids aren't doing, going to veer them away, not really discipline with it, because I feel like as a youngsters sometimes your natural reaction to what an authority figure of saying you want to go the other way. So you don't want to be like you cannot do that, because then naturally kids might go, well, now I want to do it because you're being so aggressive about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And as a fine as a fine balance yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And also I'm lazy in this space in terms of monitoring what they do online. Because life is so busy, and life so busy for everyone, it's easier. I just go, okay, yeah, I have a tablet and make no mistake at starting at five years old. My five year old daughter sits on an iPad far too much, so I think this is a big kickup the ass for parents this show.
Speaker 4: Definitely watch it too. It's apart from just how incredibly shot it is, it's the first time in a long time where you've watched something on any sort of stream platform going oh my gosh, this could actually help.
Speaker 3: I think it's time we've got someone on who actually knows what they're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yes, one hundred percent. And in this space as well, we could learn different ways developments to handle situations like this and sort of make sure we don't get in this space. And speaking of from HEADSPICCE, this is psychologist Nicola Venda Totti.
Speaker 3: Nikola, the first question I have for you is how do we stop ourselves from thinking so negatively?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's tricky. You mentioned yesterday that we have this negativity bias in our brains, and so we're designed to pay attention to things that might go wrong or things that are difficult more so than positive experiences that have for us. So I think the first thing is, yeah, acknowledging that that's super normal. And you mentioned yesterday as well that it's difficult to pay attention in the moment. And so one of the key things that people can do is to start to really grow and build these skills to be able to pay attention in the moment. And you know, it's commonly referred to as mindfulness, and people think, oh, yeah, what's that thing? Is that sitting down, you know, huming and being a yogi bit not at all cultivating skills to help you to pay attention in the moment, to really help to unhook from these difficult thoughts, because anxious thoughts are always going to be around, and so we don't focus our attention on trying to get rid of them, but rather how we handle them in the moment.
Speaker 2: And do you challenge them as well? When you have a negative thought like that, do you ask yourself? Is that true?
Speaker 8: You can do? And for some people that's a really really helpful strategy, and so I encourage people to try that. But if that doesn't work for you, that's also okay. It's a skill that will sometimes work for me, but not always, so there will be times where instead I might think, Okay, so what's happening in my mind here? Or this is my anxious mind talking and you know, is there a problem here that I need to solve? That's the first question that you know, it's useful to ask because sometimes there is something that we need to do. But if there's not a problem to be solved, then we can think, okay, so what is it that's triggering my mind to think like this?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 8: Have I got the basics right? Did I sleep well last night? Have I I had enough water? Have I had enough food? You know, is there anything different about my routine or is there something that's happening in my life that's maybe leading me to look at the world with tinted glasses Because we talk about rose tinted glasses, their anxiety tinted glasses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, as well, Nikola, some quick methods to potentially deal with anxiety. Is there any sort of quick ones that we can incorporate reasonably quickly?
Speaker 8: Yeap, sure, So looking after the basics, so you know, this is the stuff sometimes that people think, Oh really, the sleep, the making sure that you've eaten enough, you know, making sure that you've moved your body. So exercise can be important. But it doesn't have to look like going to the gym. It doesn't have to look like, you know, doing something that's unpleasant. But moving your body in a way that makes sense if we think the anxiety will give an increased amount of adrenaline in your body. Moving your body makes you burn it off, So it kind of makes sense that actually.
Speaker 4: Totally. So it's just everything situations where my wife's side not but she almost puts the joggers on me goes go for a run and get out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just getting outside, getting some sunshine and moving your body can be everything. Just before we let you go, I want to ask you how do you know when you need help? Because how does how can you sit there and go okay, well, I'm just worried about something.
Speaker 2: Hang on white? Am I worried? Or is that anxiety? Hang on white?
Speaker 3: Is that anxiety or is it depression? Sure, it's really difficult to be able to tell the difference.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, And I suppose you know what and anxiety are really in the same masket. Okay, when you think about you know, do I need to speak to somebody. Do I need to ask for help? You might think about how intense is this feeling. Is it something that I'm struggling with a lot? Is it something that even when I talk to friends or when I try to apply you know, some techniques like breathing or grounding, or when I go for a run, I exercise that actually it's not helping. That would be a time to ask for help. Or when you know it's really getting in the way of you being able to go about your life. So it might mean that you're not seeing your friends as match, or you're starting to miss work or miss school. I'd say yeah, functionally, if it's starting to impact you, it's absolutely a good time to talk to somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking before we let you go. Of course, you were from head Space. Can you tell us exactly what headspicce off is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely so.
Speaker 8: Headspace is a youth mental health service, so we work with people between the ages of twelve and twenty five. The great thing about Headspace it's a well known brand and there are a huge number of centers all across the country. So there are five functional in Adelaide, one in the center and then in the north, South and in the West, so we.
Speaker 4: Do lots and lots of cool stuff.
Speaker 8: We work with people around anxiety, around depression, lots of different mental health challenges and really try to support people to to recover and that's probably the best way to put it, to identify what their strengths are and then to live the kind of lives that they want to live. So we've got a combination of mental health professionals. We'll also have lift experience practitioners, so they're a really important part of the Headspace model. There are people who are employed as a result of their mental health experience, so they're trained by Headspace but also employed to share their lift experience, and I think that's super powerful. If you can talk to people who also understand from their own perspective, then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to thank you so much for coming in. I could talk to you about this stuff all day. It's actually really quite fascinating and what we delve into.
Speaker 4: It isn't it one hundred percent? Nikola Venda Totti, thank you so much for stopping by, and we've learned a lot. There's no doubt that your chat here as well has helped a lot of people so thank you so much. Thank you for having me, Joe. Do you feel like us as humans we're getting smarter or dumber simpler?
Speaker 2: I am definitely, but we should.
Speaker 4: Be getting better given all the new advancements in technology.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately though, I think the smartphones, which have all those advancements, are making us stupider.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not getting smarter at all. We're gett dummer and there is a study to prove it. We need to talk about it very very soon.
Speaker 3: Well, given we are absolute idiots in this budget space, we thought we'd recruit the.
Speaker 2: NERD NERD alone.
Speaker 3: Recruitment services of someone on the level above us, that is five double a Channel seven news presenter Will Gooding is welcome to the studio.
Speaker 11: You're talking about me just then? Yeah, okay, I'm level above physically and mentally.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, you were just right with NERD.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, okay, So what's in it for people in the budget, both federally and in this state.
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 11: The big question you need to ask yourself is what you can you spend five dollars on five dollars because that's what everyone's going to be getting a week one year from now.
Speaker 5: The good news is you've got a year to think about it.
Speaker 11: But the tax cuts that were renounced in the budget yesterday that we weren't expecting amount to about five dollars a week from July one next year. Right now, that's and get you excited. How about this, there's another five dollars a week coming for you a year after that. I know, don't spend it all at once. In fact, what can you actually buy for five dollars these days?
Speaker 5: There's not a hell of a lot but three quarter a cup of coffee, three with the standard milk.
Speaker 11: You can't get it. You're not getting a note with that, my friend, good luck with that. That's the That's probably the big thing that we didn't expect was coming. It's not getting anyone particularly excited because, as I say, five dollars isn't going to go a long way. The other one that I think people probably will appreciate is one hundred and fifty dollars off their power bill again, so that rebate has been has been extended, so it'll help a little bit.
Speaker 3: Still going up a long way, though, I think with your five dollars a week, what you should do is shout him something from the vending machine at Channel seven.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice, that's good.
Speaker 5: Would what would you get? We get nuts.
Speaker 4: There, We get a nice little pack of the nuts.
Speaker 5: We can share it because one a week, five double a nova nuts.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 5: To collaborate.
Speaker 11: Thank you Anthony Albanezi bringing people together five dollars at a time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you will good things. And I think we can safely assume that what we'll thought was that we need to quit our jobs with all this extra cash coming, and thank you will.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is alarming. There is a global decline in human cognitive abilities. A new study has shown. Let me break that down for you. We were done before. Now we're dumma.
Speaker 5: Oh no dumb, you are really dune.
Speaker 4: Thank you Antoline Dotson.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 3: Basically, there's been a consistent decline, especially from young people, in reading, mathematics, and science skills.
Speaker 2: Oh dear.
Speaker 3: These trends coincide with the rise of smartphones and social media, no surprise. They're suggesting that changing changes in information consumption and digital environments may negatively impact attention spans, memory and self regulation.
Speaker 2: Makes sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: So I'm thirty nine years old, I feel like and English was my subject at school. I feel like I used to be absolutely elite at spelling well really, and now every time I write anything, and particularly type it, I'm questioning myself.
Speaker 3: Right, what's because it's all done for you these isn't it auto correct on your phone?
Speaker 4: Spot on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, spell check on your computer?
Speaker 6: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: Though, when you're putting in scripts and things at Channel seven, there's no wardo correct. So when you're saying when you're watching the news and you see the little thing, the little strap at the bottom pop up with words sort of plugging what's coming up, that's all manually written by some joking yeah.
Speaker 3: That when you write your story, and we write our own stories, by the way, I really yeah, when you write your story and you have to manually fill in those little straps down the bottom, they're called soupers.
Speaker 7: So for example, doesn't do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So so for example, if we're talking about I don't know, Zach Butter's is a head of schedule and the words pop up down the bottom, it's like Zack on track or something like that that's been put in. That's a very clever one too, by the way, thank you very much treasure out that. But the amount of times I have entered that incorrectly, and then someone else is like, hey, muscles, that's incorrect spelling. Yeah, you're not my ultimate my ultimate spelling mistake.
Speaker 6: Go on.
Speaker 4: You know when you see news package come up and then your name pops up the reporter, you didn't misspell You know one time I misspelled my name. That's good, isn't it? And now one picked it up? Picked up.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh I did that, man, Yeah, that's actually I'm quite anal I using that word, but I'm quite anal about doing that. And I check it and double check and triple check because you're gonna look so stupid I can't spell that word.
Speaker 6: Sure we shall we Oh my god, should.
Speaker 7: We put this to the test?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 7: So you are really the reason I didn't go to UNI. Okay, we have some words here. We're going to start with.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, we're doing a spell spelling tst Yeah, we have to.
Speaker 4: This is tough.
Speaker 3: Okay, to your word is accommodate accommodate a double C O.
Speaker 2: O double M com comm date or date O D A T E. It was a journey, It was.
Speaker 7: That we got there. Hazy, Yes, bureaucracy.
Speaker 4: It's so hard l jez b b b b e.
Speaker 6: Oh my.
Speaker 4: B e A was a b b us.
Speaker 7: You are e a U c r a c ye.
Speaker 2: Hard when you can't write it down. I need to write these books.
Speaker 7: Okay, is out on level one to Jody miscellaneous.
Speaker 2: M I s C miss today, M I s C miss e l A n e o U S.
Speaker 4: What an idiot? Seriously, you are really dumb.
Speaker 7: Shall we jump ahead to level three?
Speaker 5: This is advance can have some redemption.
Speaker 7: I can't even read this word insurmountable hazy.
Speaker 4: In sub mountable.
Speaker 2: Is that we said mountable?
Speaker 4: Okay? Cool? I don't even know what the word is. I N S you R y M O U N t A b l E.
Speaker 2: I want I want to redeem myself.
Speaker 7: Yeah all right, Jodie, yep.
Speaker 5: What is this word ubiquitous? That's easy?
Speaker 2: Can I write you b E q u I S three buzzers?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: So it's U b I q u I t o u s hazy. If you can spell this final word, you will win.
Speaker 4: It is quizical quizical. Let's get q u i z.
Speaker 2: Z uh buzboun No.
Speaker 6: No one can spell already in this room please, you are really gone.