Speaker 1: Oh Hello, thank you for joining us today on this body and soul podcast God Healthy Ish. I am your host of Felicity Halley. We are joined by the effervescent Flex Mammy today. She's an author, podcast and entrepreneur as well as many other things, and she has a profound connection with her dream so she's going to share with us today how she uses AI to decode them and also how in turn they guide her future decisions. Now, we keep these Healthyish episodes kind of short, so listening to our full chat on Extra Healthy Ish, where Flex talks about how she navigates her spiritual life, you can grab that one where we get you podcasts. Flex. Nice to have you on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome, I'm so stoked to be here. I love a chat.
Speaker 1: Oh me too, and especially about this time. I've never gone down this path before. Before we get to the whole AI decoding dreams, tell us about your deep connection with your dreams.
Speaker 2: I wish we had forty five minutes because I'm resistingly urged to ramble, but from the beginning of time, but if you kick on, I've been a quintessential dreamer, not just in the big goals kind of sense, in the I have a dream every night, and I'd be running to tell somebody, anybody about it. Granted I only had I would say, ninety eight percent nightmares until I was about twenty seven. Won't get into that, But for that reason, I had really vizied, imaginative, reoccurring and also symbolically rich dreams, and I couldn't talk to anybody else about it because they were like, I don't really dream that off theen or don't even worry about that. There's no reason to decode that. They don't mean anything. Your brain goes to sleep when you're asleep, and studies have shown that that's not the case. We're still trying to uncover what is it the brain's actually doing when we're asleep. It's categorizing, it's decoding, it's putting things into their nice little neat pockets so you don't have to think about storing them and processing them. But because we clog our brains all day with stuffs and then we go to bed and we're fighting demons, it feels as though we're missing the secret sauce, Like, Okay, you had the dream. It was strange, it was freaky, but what actually happened and how did it make you feel? And what are these reoccurring themes? I know you think it's just about teeth and snakes and water, but your subconscious talks to you and symbols. It doesn't know English, okay, it predates language. All it knows is how to show you pictures and emotions, because that's what we're programmed to know and feel.
Speaker 1: Do you have you always? I mean, what do you do? You know how when you dream and you wake up and then you think, what just happened? Am I going to remember this? Have you been diligent in writing them down? Or how do you kind of process them after the fact.
Speaker 2: I've got a whole price. So right now, at my advance point in time, I'll do a couple of things. I got my whole journal. I'll carry literal listeners.
Speaker 1: She's showing me this on the screen, on the screen.
Speaker 2: And if on like a day when I'm really into it, i'd say five days out of the week, I'll grab my voice note voice memo on my phone. I'll talk into my phone. I don't try and you know, articulate. And then my mother Liz said this, No, I just speak and ramble and ramble and ramble. Then I take that voice file, transcribe it, put it into an AI software. I'm using Microsoft Copilot plus PC at the moment, and I'll give it a prompt and I'll say, can you explain to me what are these recurring symbols that keep coming up and how that could relate to me right now? And it might say what's going on in your life? I might say, I don't want to express that, just let me know what's coming through. And then it will say, oh, well, we're seeing there's a lot happening here in terms of transformation. You said you had a dream a couple of days ago that incorporated water and shells, that things coming back up again. Have you considered that in your research? You did about this and this, but that keeps coming up, And I'll say, oh, I forgot about that dream I had before. Thank you for recalling that. And so it's been really awesome because very few people have the ability to recall the super saucy, nourishing details of the dream. And most often we like to imbue these symbols with our own meanings, so we think the people we see are literally the people that are in our lives or the place you went to is the literal place, but no, we're talking about the archetype of what you're experiencing. Are you in a safer unsafe environment? Is it dark outside or light outside? Did you feel good or bad when this happened to you? And that's when you really start to get to the good bit. But the thing about me is I'm a fanatic. I've been studying astrology, terror and mysticism, esotericism for the greater part of twelve years thirteen years. In the first book I wrote the six Sex Experiment, I was squeezing in things by manifestation, just something light so they knew so then you but not everybody wants to learn a decade's worth of information to get the goods back in return, And so I really advocate for taking shortcuts. Your shortcut could be your spooky friend, your witchy friend, or your shortcut becomes AI. And in this instance, I feel like you do yourself a disservice when you think you can't access these tools because you yourself are not an expert. You're not going to be an expert in most things, but you are bound to get some kind of benefit if you allow yourself some little, small micro steps to at least try do a search term as something. So this is what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Okay, whether or not you'll need a.
Speaker 2: Whole new PC, that's besides me. But if you do Microsoft Copilot plus PC, it's for you. All the AI is encoded into the hardware and the software, so you're not going to go into a separate browser, type in what you need and then view the information. So you can do that with Copilot. The distinction between having the software in the hardware is that as you're typing on your computer, everything on the computer is available for the AI to scrub through to get more inside and inspiration. If you've been googling about mermaid and menstrual cycles and traveling to Peru, it can recall that information for you. However, if you're just wanting some entry level I just want to know how I can do this today, what you're going to do is the moment you wake up, you're going to type or voice to text into Copilot and you're going to say, I had a dream last night. I'm not sure what it means. I'm trying to understand it. Please give me simple, actionable, detailed summaries of what this dream could mean. And I want you to give me two versions, one that's really really spiritual and one that is practical. And if you can even do it, back it up with some side.
Speaker 1: And are you have you been happy with the outcome, Like is it ever coughed up something where you're like, Okay, that's a bit disturbing or yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a dream a couple of months ago that I rocked up to like an Olympic sized pool and they were like, it's you. You're going to swim for Australia. And I was like, look, you go a strong swimmer. I'm not a strong swimmer. And they were like you're the only one here that can do it. And I was freaking out because I was like, I can't do it. So I'm going up to the registration desk and I'm letting them know that, like, hey, I don't know who told you that I'm going to be the swimmer, but I can't do it. And this woman at the desk is like, if you keep counting yourself out before you've tried, you'll never get gold. Now granted I'm not trying to be an Olympic swimmer, but there was something there that message that had I just left it and been like that was a wacky GM back swimming, I would have never understood it was trying to say, but there are tons of situations where I'm like, probably not the right person.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well, it not me?
Speaker 1: So that is so how would you take that and apply to your life? Like have you taken the outcome whether it be that one or another outcome and gone okay, yes, I can use this to you know, steer my decisions in life.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So I always say try not to go straight from interpretation to action because there's this whole bit in between where you don't necessarily understand the information you've been bestowed. That's where you get side swept. So I do what I call shadow work. But essentially it's a process in which you're trying to decode, interpret what your subconscious is really wanting you to know. So I'll take this idea stop counting yourself out. And I can even use AI for this and say, can you please give me five journal prompts in and around this topic that I can start to write about. And as I write about it, I'll see similar themes coming up, like okay, it does count as counting yourself out when you don't want to go for that walk because you only have thirty minutes instead of an hour, you are counting yourself out. And what I also try to do is like I'm all about grounding all of these concepts information for information sake. I've been there, I've done that. I'm a mercurial person. I love a little chit chat and I love a little Google. But it gets to a point where you're just taking up space in your brain and you need to you need to let somebody else help you. And if you don't have community, I guess for now you do have AI.
Speaker 1: It's a community. For now you can rely on that flex. Thank you for coming on healthy.
Speaker 2: Ish my pleasure. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Well listeners. Perhaps it's a sign jump on AI. Write your dream from last night in there, leave it in a voice note. That's actually a really great idea when you wake up in the morning. Anyway, I hope you did enjoy this chat. It something a bit different for us. If you did, tell us rate and review this episode, or you can subscribe to this podcast anything else. Head to body insoul dot com dot you followus on socials, grab our print edition which is out in your local Sunday paper, and until tomorrow, stay healthy ish