Speaker 1: Late Wait, welcome the Late Bait.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to the Late Debate.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your company this evening, I'm Gabriella Power and joining us is Joe Hildebrand and Freileach. Coming up, John Persudo's time as Victorian Liberal leader could be up by tomorrow morning. Shadow Minister for Crime Prevention Brad Batton is set to challenge John Persudo for the leadership, and Shadow Finance Minister Jess Wilson has also confirmed that she'll be throwing her hat in the ring too, although it appears that she won't have the numbers to win, and more redeeming could be allowed back to the party. Also tonight, we'll look at the University of Minnesota's new research project that's looking for gender diverse children as young as five to play with transgender dolls.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's seriously happening.
Speaker 3: But first let's go to the US because President elect Donald Trump has shared his Christmas message and it is brilliant trolling the radical left to always try to find a way to ruin this special and holy day. Donald Trump posted on Truth Social Merry Christmas to the radical left lunatics who are constantly trying to obstruct our court system and our elections.
Speaker 2: They know that their.
Speaker 3: Only chance of survival is getting pardons from a man who has absolutely no idea what he's doing. And also Donald Trump wanted to take aim at Justin Toddeau. He said to Governor Justin Todeau of Canada, whose citizens taxes are far too high.
Speaker 2: But if Canada was to become our.
Speaker 3: Fist fifty first date, their taxes would be cut by more than sixty percent. Rather, we've also heard from President Joe Biden, if we can remember him, and he shared Christmas message and he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't even feature in it. Let's take a look at this.
Speaker 4: There's a certain stillness at the center of christ restoring shale and night when all the world ruins quiet, all the noise, everything is the wisest, all fades away, and still listen to the winter's evening, and we looked to the sky, a long star shining bread and all the rest, guiding us to the birth of a child.
Speaker 3: It goes on for a couple of minutes, but that just gives me a headache. But this podcaster Joe Rogan has summed it up brilliantly.
Speaker 2: He has shared this video that really.
Speaker 3: Captures the difference between the left and the right tag a Look.
Speaker 5: How dare we speak Merry Christmas?
Speaker 6: How dare we well guess what we're saying?
Speaker 2: Mary Christmas again, Joe? How good is that? But it shows you what kind of different world we would be living.
Speaker 6: It is amazing. And you see all these things like how dare you have merry Christmas when there are people suffering in Palestine? It's like, are we not allowed to be happy about anything ever because someone somewhere is not happy? Because that would eliminate, eradicate all happiness among all people for all time. But look, I particularly enjoyed the Joe Biden one because it reminded me of that guy you're sitting next to at the dinner table at Christmas Day and you're not quite sure how you're related. You think maybe maybe your great Auntie might have hooked up with him at the Bowls club just because he's got nowhere else to go, and it just starts telling you what Christmas means to him, and you're goings and it It just makes no sense. And also that Christmas tree in the White House is an abomination. My mother in law who gave me this beautiful shirt that I'm wearing, by the way, thanks Jill, that has a little smaller one of the sort of wooden sort of I don't know, is it deco Is it the deconstructed Christmas tree where you know, each sort of little thing slides around and blah blah blah. It's like that is not a fir tree. That is not a Christmas tree. The whole idea of a Christmas tree is that it is an evergreen tree that even in the very depths of winter, still produces it as the song goes, it's lovely, lustrous branches, and you're just reducing it that.
Speaker 2: What that is metal.
Speaker 6: It's just I mean, firstly, it's a safety hazard. There are any children in the White House, they'd come out with eye patches. They'd be like long John Silver. And secondly, it's just not Christmas y. And I do appreciate the irony that every year I take an evergreen Christmas tree and cut it down so it immediately dies within about three weeks.
Speaker 1: But I don't care.
Speaker 2: Simple it's Christmas. Have to get around the key traditions alive. But freyer.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump also slammed the criminals that Joe Biden commuted earlier in the week, he said, also to the thirty seven most violent criminals who killed and raped people once before, who were just given a pardon in incredible will pardon by sleepy Joe Biden, he refuses to wish them a Merry Christmas. To those lucky souls that will instead say go to hell.
Speaker 2: We just had the greatest election.
Speaker 3: In history of our country, and the bright light is now shining over the USA, and in twenty six days we will.
Speaker 2: Make America a great again. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: But I think that message would be one that many of the families of those victims, who you know, would really appreciate, seeing as those violent criminals were part and just days before Christmas. It is the most quintessentially Trump Christmas message anyone could ever possibly produce.
Speaker 7: It's like you can just hear Trump through that tweet, which I love. And I think it's good that he's acknowledging the incredible commuting of thirty seven death row sentences, because that was pretty extraordinary. But I mean, Biden's Christmas message was also very strange. I actually have a theory that it could even be AI generated.
Speaker 2: It's just an AI generated.
Speaker 7: Voice at Biden the guy's on his deathbed. He's not getting out of bed this Christmas for anyone, let alone the American people. And so one of his staffers has just gone into chat GPT put in some inputs of his voice, his audio. There'd be plenty on the internet to make some sort of cogent voiceover, and then boom, that's the Christmas message, because why else is he not even appearing, not even a token Jill and Joe, nothing at all. So I think it's AI and he could actually be dead.
Speaker 6: That is ingenious. That is the best Biden take I've heard in all of twenty twenty four. And my only question is if they AI generated Biden's Christmas message, why didn't they just AI generate his entire presidency?
Speaker 5: Well, so much better off they kept him here instead of juiced up Joe, you know, and they didn't get the timing of his dosage quite right, going out and sort of crumbling.
Speaker 6: Maybe send out a hologram, Yes, just cut that, you know, I do it via zoom. Oh yes, why hello Joe, Oh hello America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that really struggle when he had to finally hold press conferences and had to finally never hold press conferences.
Speaker 2: You know, he refused to hold.
Speaker 6: Doors stopped on the way to Marine Wine. It's like, Oh, there's all these reporters. Do you the presidential helicopter. Oh yeah, I'm just going out to dick some ass for America. Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: We're in for fun.
Speaker 6: Four years is.
Speaker 3: Going to be a lot better than the fall that we've had. But it is this special time of the year where we spend our precious time with our loved ones and celebrate with family and friends, except, of course, for those on the far left who cannot bring themselves to socialize with anyone who may vote differently to them. A new poll found that Democrats are almost five times as likely as Republicans to say that they'll spend less time with certain family members because of their political views.
Speaker 2: Shock horror.
Speaker 3: The survey from p r R I'm also found that Democrats are more likely to view the Republican Party as a serious threat to the country. Well, I wonder why they think that. Well, maybe because of the left wing media and you know who's also encouraging that politics should really come between relationships, this ivy league, psychiontrist.
Speaker 8: If you are going into a situation where you have family members, where you have close friends who you know have voted in ways that are against you. It's completely fine to not be around those people and to tell them why, you know, to say, I have a problem with the way that you voted. I'm not going to be around you this holiday.
Speaker 2: I need to take some space from me.
Speaker 3: Completely fine, completely healthy to just be in an echo chamber and essentially shut out anyone who votes differently to you. Comedian at Bill Meyer has a weight in on this and blasted his own side for behaving this way.
Speaker 9: Way back when a guy who crossed lines politically, who the worst thing you could ever do? Be friends with a Republican call nine one one. Yeah, this is what I hate about the left. Just the idea that you know, cut your family on for Thanksgiving, things luned for the wrong.
Speaker 2: He's making sense, Joe.
Speaker 3: How sad is it that we're living in this world that people actually believe that you don't need to invest in your relationships anymore because they vote a certain way.
Speaker 6: It's incredibly sad. It's incredibly ridiculous. This is a fight that Bill Maher has been fighting for it. Frankly, I feel like I'm a slightly more handsome and less famous version. It's the sort of stuff that I've been shouting from the rooftops, so he's been shouting from the rooftops. It is, obviously, it is. It is. And again I talk about sort of ideology and ideological extremism all the time, but it is that thing where you decide that your cause and what you believe in your politics are more important than human relationships and more important than the feelings. And it starts out with the feelings, and then it quickly escalates to the lives of other human beings, because you know, the greater good, the ideal is, the utopia, is more important. So again it's not that easy, difficult a step to make. From first you cut off people who you disagree with politically, who don't agree or rather who don't agree with you politically, then you gradually sort of dehumanizement. Pretty soon they're not really people, and pretty soon they're just impediments on the way to a glorious revolutionary utopia. And pretty soon that means you have to get rid of them. And this is the formula that has played out on the left and the right. But the right is at least kind of honest about it, but played out by the left, you know, in countless revolutions, But tens of millions of people have died from Mao's great leap forward and then the Cultural Revolution to the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia and the civil war that followed. All these people are expendable. But it's okay because it's for the glorious revolution. The Nazi said, all these people are expendable because they're just not really human, and we hate them and we're superior to them. So at least there was a degree of honesty that. But the other interesting thing about this is that it represents the ultimate hypocrisy of the new Left, which is that it is no longer about the collective. It's no longer about the greater good. Now, if it was really about the greater good, what they'd be trying to do is find out why people were voting for Donald Trump and how they or their side of politics could make a more persuasive argument and therefore relieve the world of this tyrannical dictator, Donald Trump, who apparently is so harmful in topic.
Speaker 2: They will don't.
Speaker 6: Actually want to do that, That is the thing they're not interested in actually achieving a result that would benefit the collective, that would benefit the whole country. All they care about is themselves. They have become the ultimate individualists. And this psychiatrist from Yale University actually says that openly without even knowing that she's saying it, when she says, I need to take some space for me. I cannot tolerate your existence, cannot tolerate family or friendship because I need this for men.
Speaker 2: You know what important.
Speaker 6: This is. Greed is good stuff. This is the ultimate what I need is more important than the harmony of the family, than the harmony of the community, than Christmas Day being at several ens.
Speaker 1: And these people are saying that with a straight face, without even realizing what they're saying, and despite the fact the effing academics from Yale University, like, you cannot make this stuff up.
Speaker 6: This is beyond satire. It is just nuts.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's happening over in the States, but we're feeling it here in Australia too. People on the left just shutting out anyone with different views.
Speaker 7: For sure, And I think it's part of this coddal culture that we've kind of developed in the West. It's like anybody who possibly disagrees with me, that that is interpreted as like a personal attack, and now I'm actually under threat and my personhood to my very core, is being challenged by just your presence and knowing that you somehow disagree with me. So to protect myself, my own security, I need to take some space for myself, as this Yale psychiatrist says, and it's completely ridiculous. It's like someone's political views are not going to hurt you, even if they disagree with you. We live in a democracy, that's the whole point. We can change governments, we can change policies through the ballot and without violence.
Speaker 2: Like actually in the.
Speaker 7: West, you can have disagreements with people and be safe because we have democracy. But when people retreat into their echo chambers and go, oh no, it's too hard, it's too much of a personal attack being around people that disagree with me. It's, as Joe says, over time that actually does creep into growing intolerance, and on the left it's resulted in the murder of tens of millions.
Speaker 6: That's right, and I will continue to be wiped out by Donald Trump forever as long as the Democrats are the party that represents that kind of thinking, which again, so they become parent. Well they have been, frankly, and they've lost the working class that will just keep losing. So again, these kinds of idiotic, self indulgent sooks are going to produce more Trumps, more jd Vanceys, more Tea Party Republican presidents than any prior movement before them. They are the greatest gift to the right.
Speaker 3: Of course, that psychiatrist was on MSNBC. They love that kind of viewpoint as well, and people have seemed to have forgotten that Christmas and Thanksgiving it's about giving thanks about spending precious, valuable time with the ones people you have in your life and I've got to be around forever anyway, it's about for them, it's.
Speaker 2: About the self.
Speaker 6: Actually, it's about taking care of me in the etaime, because I feel like you're not respecting my wishes to be the person that I want to be by being the person that you are, which to me is unacceptable.
Speaker 2: Good accent, that's it, Okay.
Speaker 3: Bringing it back to Australia now, there's been chaos at Sydney Beaches. Thousands of people, including tourists and backpackers, have taken part in a Christmas Day party at Bronte Beach.
Speaker 2: And the bad thing about.
Speaker 3: This is just the disrespect rather shown by people going to these beautiful clean beaches and the amount of rubbish that has been left behind. Some of the images show bags of rubbish just everywhere, empty beer bottles, wine bottles left.
Speaker 2: At the usually clean beach park.
Speaker 3: More than two hundred and fifty additional garbage bins were placed at Bronze Beach by the council in.
Speaker 2: Anticipation for this event.
Speaker 3: That it appeared to have made no difference, and residents are really upset about this. They're voicing their concerns about who's paying for this cleanup. They're suggesting that next year partygoers should be charged.
Speaker 2: Twenty dollars for a cleaning fee.
Speaker 3: Just looking at all those images, it looks like a nightmare. But it's frustrating that there's also an alcohol bound in place and that appears to get ignored.
Speaker 2: Frayer for sure.
Speaker 7: I mean there were full on DJ booth set up like they're pretty enterprising.
Speaker 2: I must give them credit for that.
Speaker 7: And this is the challenge right Normally I'm pro fun I'm like all those people complaining about noise you know, they're shutting down live music left right and center. Pubs are having to close early. I just think that's the worst. I'm like, come on, let us have fun. Young people are dealing with enough at the moment. Mental health is deteriorating rapidly. Like, just let people have fun. But when fifteen thousand people rock up at a relatively small beach and trash the place, I struggle to be pro fun in that instance. And I mean, if you had fifteen thousand people at any sort of other event, it would be a massive festival. This looks like a music festival. This was a huge should be a huge production that would have a multimillion dollar budget to manage crowds, to provide cleaning, poor to loose, like all the services that we don't even think about, but that are required when you're dealing with this many thousands of people. And like, what happens if someone collapses because of heat stroke or cardiacgress or something. Can you get an ambulance into a crowd of fifteen thousand people at Bronze Beach?
Speaker 2: So it's pretty it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 7: I have sympathy for the party goers because I'm like, yay, good on them, But at the same time it's like that is insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you being profun as much as we can, especially here in Australia. There are too many rules. But it's just so sad seeing Bronti Beach like this. And the difference is it is at a beach. It is a dangerous environment for tourists, for backpackers who aren't as familiar with our beaches, and it puts pressure on the lifeguard.
Speaker 6: I've got a feel this is something that happens every year in Sydney and people around the country, but no, Brontie Beach is one of the most sort of exclusive ritzy, second only probably to bond Die in terms of the most exclusive neighborhood on those eastern beaches, which are the most expensive real estate in the country. I have some pretty strong insights into this. I'm pretty sure I know who is responsible for this, just absolute drunken devastation. It's the Irish, clearly out people. I know them when I see them. I'm an Irish half Irish Catholic myself, and that obviously means Irish Catholic is coded for alcoholic. And what has happened is Ireland has gone so humorless and woke to the point where they've got, you know, pro Palestine protesters entering Christmas Catholic masses and then being applauded. It's like, I think you're in the wrong place, guys. So that's obviously become so boring that all the fun drunken Irish have come over here in even greater numbers. And so you know, the Irish, the drunken Irish backpacker, who is basically the national emblem of Bondi has now descending on neighboring Bronze Beach. And they're not they're not, you know, they're's like, na, how.
Speaker 2: To clean up after themselves?
Speaker 6: They should learn how to. But this is the other thing that I reckon might hear. So there's this is alcohol ban at Bronte Beach, right, Something tells me it's not working. Something tells me what they know that they get these huge crowds of thousands of people here over the holiday period every summer. Would it not be a better idea? Decadedly send, Okay, we know that you're going to come and get drunk on Christmas Day. They've got no families to go to because they're Irish. And they're fighting with all of them, and so they all come to the one location. You have a controlled environment, you have a regulated environment. You have heaps and heaps and heats and heats and heats and heats at heaps of recycling bins. They never seem to have enough of those. It never seem to be easy enough. And if they've put in all these extra bins and there's still that much rubbish there, clearly there's not enough. And again I do not believe that like some people are just pigs, right obviously, and I'm not just talking about the Irish, I'm also talking about New Zealanders. But they all of those bins I'm pretty sure would have been full and overflowing. So clearly people are trying to do the right thing, trying to get it in there, and it is just not having so even more bins. Acknowledge there's going to be an alcohol thing, have ranges going through, getting rid of all the paying.
Speaker 3: Triple time, be a ticketed event then so they know what they're signing up for that can all be included in the ticket, not not.
Speaker 6: For a price, maybe just simply for crowd control numbers. So I don't think I don't like the idea of charging people to go to the beach under any circumstances. That is a very you.
Speaker 2: Know, drink. Well, they'll just move to the drink they can bring.
Speaker 6: I'll bring their own birds. No, I'm not saying I'm not saying sell them birds. We're saying, right, this is the this is.
Speaker 1: The this is the the way.
Speaker 2: The alcohol.
Speaker 6: So you can come there. Yeah, perhaps with a special case. Acknowledge that this is an event that happens, whether council approves it or not.
Speaker 2: You've got drunk people in the ocean, got.
Speaker 6: Trunk pet in the ocean anyway, and you've got people who, even when they are stone cold sober, simply cannot swim. You've got rock fishermen who cannot swim for the love of God and aren't wearing life jackets. That's where some of the worst drownings occur. So that happens anyway. Better to acknowledge the fact that it just happens, and to say, right, we're just going to make sure it's clean. We're going to have people on hand to tell me.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't really want to reward this behavior.
Speaker 3: People who turning out to these beaches and just completely trashing these feaches.
Speaker 6: It's already anarchy, it's already happening. It's already anarchy. I'm saying, put the resources in to manage it. So you've got rangers that can tell public, keep the music down, if they're bothering people, keep a check on anti social behaviors.
Speaker 7: Clean I acknowledge what you're saying, Joe, and I'm sympathetic to your argument, but the challenge is right, you're it's a public holiday. You're paying people what two point five times are hourly rate. You've got policemen there, mounted policemen, You've got council ranges, you've got all the people involved in the cleanup. This is going to cost money and it's the rate payers of Waverley Council the.
Speaker 2: Country.
Speaker 7: But maybe an answer is Waverley Council just owns this as an iconic.
Speaker 2: Institution that happens every cess.
Speaker 7: And then they put it on. But you could actually have like food trucks selling alcohol, so at least you have people with RSAs and then you could enforce the band because if they're was a way for people to get it, but in a responsible way, you would you would be.
Speaker 6: The backpackers aren't going to.
Speaker 3: Be I think a lot of people would be trying to do you know food, noales and you know, drinks at the at beaches, and then they go to the backpackers on Christmas Day, I don't know.
Speaker 7: And they're probably not going to be paying for some like gourmet Bronti and I mean, she's Chrissan.
Speaker 6: They just trying to get some French chick drunk enough so they can both go to the back of the back. That's all I want to do.
Speaker 3: Let's go to politics now that the are but easy. It could be in trouble next year's federal election. He's continuing to poll badly. Newspole analysis in The Australian shows that Labor has sheared critical support from middle Australia amid the cost of living crisis. Not only that Labour's lost its edge with female voters both genders and now split fifty to fifty on the two major.
Speaker 2: Parties for the first time.
Speaker 3: And the analysis shows that Labor is losing electoral territory and key demographics as well in New South Wales and Victoria. So it indicates that Labor is really going to struggle to retain a majority government at the twenty twenty five election, and the key issue really is the cost of living, especially as families have been struggling with their mortgage repayments and interest rate rises. The Greens are also in trouble according to this analysis, and having lost territory to Labor among younger voters. And this also comes just after Adam Bant foolishly boasted about its stance on the on Israel and the Middle East conflict. But it's interesting Albo is really in trouble here.
Speaker 2: It seems.
Speaker 3: I just think he's been too slow to act on anti Semitism. He's already bought his retirement home. People are voting with their wallets, They're probably not going to be voting for him again.
Speaker 2: He can't seem to get a lift.
Speaker 3: As we see these news polls at time and time again, things aren't turning round for him.
Speaker 2: And I think this all really started with the Voice.
Speaker 3: He's spent a year on the Voice, five hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: He's been trying to make his mark and he hasn't been able to do it exactly.
Speaker 7: We have been in a per capita recession for seven quarters seven quarters.
Speaker 2: Families have been going backwards.
Speaker 7: People have been taking home less pay after they pay for all the essentials, which have been going up with crazy high inflation. So we just have to think about where is the average family sitting now.
Speaker 2: Versus two years ago.
Speaker 7: In under one hundred and fifty days, we will have an election, and I think Albanez should be extremely worried. And the other problem for Labor is that they really have nothing else up their sleeve. In fact, I think they will avoid releasing another budget before the election because it will be so disastrous for them, and they have zero policy vision or ideas to actually bring down the cost of living other than energy subsidies to solve an energy crisis that they are exacerbating. So the challenges for Labor are immense. If they make if they do a coalition with the Greens or any sort of appeasement of the Greens, I think we'll just get worse because the key areas of kind of policy interest for the Greens are energy, ending all colon gas that is just going to make the cost of living so much worse for families, and so I think Labor is really in a very difficult position now, and once the momentum.
Speaker 2: Starts to swing. It is very hard to turn that around. And we have been seeing.
Speaker 7: Every news poll the coalition has just been eating away at their lead and I don't think that's going to change.
Speaker 2: We have He's just been continuing to poll badly, hasn't he, Joe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he has. Look, it's not quite the interesting thing about this, and I agree with just about everything. For I said, firstly, there is no way they are going to form a coalition with the Greens. There is no way they are going to sign anything with the Greens. In most seats, the Greens probably won't even receive their next preference. They will do a deal with the Cannabis Party instead, who is much more sort of libertarian and fun and they much nicer people. I can promise you that the Greens the legalized cannabis party, and that is something that happened in the Queensland state election, and we'll be replicated at the federal state election. And you know, say the word cannabis is obviously it's very easy to start giggling and have it. And it's even easy to start giggling. But this is part of a serious strategy for Labor to distance itself as much as possible from the Greens. The PM, I can assure you personally hates them. They have ruined his life on Palestine. They found outside his electric office. Is they've been you know, they or their supporters have been harassing MPs and their elected officers supporting the defacement of the Australian War Memorial. I mean it's been, you know, it's been absolutely disgraceful and we've seen them go backwards. And the fact that the Greens are now coming out and begging Labor to basically give them a little sugar just shows how desperate they are. It's a bit like, you know, you don't go out with you know, you don't get a date with the hottest chick at school by crying and.
Speaker 2: So please, please please, you are please.
Speaker 6: With which is exactly what Adam Bann is doing by trying to say come on government with us, that Labor is going to put itself as far away from the Greens as it possibly can. It's already working according to this newspot. And to be honest, the fact that they are still fifty to fifty two party preferred, given everything that's happened, I reckon that is actually a surprisingly good sign, and that that has been holding that. This is an analysis over I think the last three months of newspots, because you need to add up all the data so you can then break it down. You need that to build that sample size up to about five thousand something like that, And so this is an average of the last three months, not necessarily the last month. It is possible, and I live in hope that after Christmas, a brand new year, people think, well, it can't get any worse. Maybe there's a prospect of a rate cut, hopefully for the labor before the election, at least almost definitely one or two throughout the course of the year. Maybe that will make people think, you know what, twenty four getting the bin. But maybe things are going to get better. Who do I trust more to get me there? Maybe we should give Albow another guard.
Speaker 7: Instead of I think, I don't think that's going to happen. And I think all of the RBA commentary that we're seeing, this was confirmed by the IMF a couple days ago, is that the cost of living crisis we are experiencing now is a result of huge government spending and fiscal expansion. So even if we see a rate cut, it's not actually dealing with the underlying issue, which is government spending, and if labor carries that on all, we're just going to have sustainably higher inflation. Government spending is now making up twenty seven percent of the entire economy is coming from government spending alone. That is one of the highest levels on record. It is hard to see where they go from here because the deficits and even the interest payments on government debt and now one percent of the total budget. So how is this sustainable? So if we do, I think people will serious, they'll look at their wallets, they'll go, Actually, I am poorer than I was two and a half years ago. What is Labour's plan to get me through this? Basically just spend more money on a whole bunch of gimmick policies. Okay, that's not a real solution, given they cause this whole problem. So I don't think I don't think that's going to happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of the part and you're right, you're right. Part, I think a lot of it has been though state government spending and state labor governments.
Speaker 2: The problemly and that is it's all labor.
Speaker 6: Government labor governments. That's right, And you know, I often left labor governments who have about as much understanding of economic policy as you know, a horse does of quantum physics. But they you know, in Queensland, for example, they went on a massive spending spread in the lead up to election that's now gone and there's a new government in that's going to trim that. Victoria as a result of all it spending has gone flat stone broke, And again you won't see that same excess in South Australia. WA is obviously a different country and Labour's doing quite well there. So everything you say is completely correct. But I'm just sort of got my glass half full in front of it.
Speaker 3: Interesting that we've also heard from Adam urging Anthony Albanesi to cooperate with the Greens rather if there's no clue winner after the election. But it's interesting commentary when the Greens are in total themselves.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Greens are desperate. I think it is, as Joe said, this is a cry for help. It's like we want attention, we want relevance, we need some sort of lifeline year. They know they're going back the campaigns we saw against the Greens at a New South Wales in the New South Wales Council elections run by Better Council were very impressive and effective at pulling back some of the votes and they often went to labor, which I think is fine because I would rather have labor than the Greens. And I think the Greens claim Israel Palestine as a win. I think they are seriously misguided on that. Even if people turn on the TV and see, you know, pictures of dying babies, which is horrible.
Speaker 2: The social division, the.
Speaker 7: Anti Semitism, the fire bombings of synagogues that is not Australia and anyone that promotes those ideas, and so's that division. People like ordinary Aussies who we don't hear on ABC and in the Guardian, they will get to the ballot box and go no freaking way.
Speaker 6: See something even more sinister. And yes, absolutely every really anti Israel candidate really suffered at those local government elections, including not just the Greens but also some in some Southwest Sydney seats there more outspoken so anti Israel Muslim candidates did not do well. The other interesting thing though, is that the Greens, if they are smart enough to know what they're doing, which is a big if, but they know that labor. They are in the most powerful position if they hurt labor, if they drag labor backwards. So it is actually in their interest to make labor less popular, so that it's minority is so low that they cannot avoid Green's MPs to give them confidence and supply in the Parliament. And they I think how toxic even they must know how toxic their stance on Israel has been in the community, and so they hang that like they know. They hang that up Max Chamber marsk. Strangely enough, I did say we've got to figure this out. Then again, they won't say it, but they know that they won't say it, but they will have seen the same polling numbers that everyone else has, and they know that by hanging this and again this will talk about these ideologues who actually don't care if the suffering gets worse, or if they even harm themselves, that it's much more important to be ideologically pure. They want to hang that like a millstone around labour. See, labor is just the same as us on Israel Palestine. They know that hurts labor, and when it hurts labor so much that the only way they can possibly function is to crawl on bended knee to the Greens and say, okay, we'll do a deal which will never ever happen. So they're trying to gaslight Labor into a position that it doesn't actually have. On Israel, well, let's.
Speaker 2: Look at Victoria. The leadership spill is on.
Speaker 3: Brad Baton has told John Pasudo that he's going to challenge him for the leadership at tomorrow's meeting. The Shadow Police Minister is the favorite to replace John Persudo, with supporters estimating he has sixteen votes locked in. Despite this, though Shadow Finance Minister Jess Wilson has confirmed that she'll also be throwing her hat in.
Speaker 2: The ring, but it's unlikely that she will win.
Speaker 3: She's someone who supported John Pursudo all the way and voted to expel More Redeeming, but at tomorrow's high stakes meeting one it comes rather just one week after the party gathered to vote on readmitting More Redeeming to the Liberal Party, and as we know, John Pursudo used his casting vote to block her return following her court victory over him, and in an effort just to save himself, John Pursuito backflipped on Sunday, announcing another party room meeting for January fifteen so Deeming could return, but five MPs, including Brad Batton, called for a meeting tomorrow morning to bring the vote forward, so there could be as many as thirty one members voting tomorrow if two absent MPs are allowed to vote remotely And how desperate does John Persudo look just wanting two people who are overseas to be allowed to vote when we know the rules are except their exceptional circumstances. If you're not present, you can't vote. But tomorrow could really mark a significant turning point for the Victorian Liberal Party, which has been desperate for a new leader for a long time now, and you certainly can't get much worse than what they've had. It would be a big boost, of course to the Liberal Party if it gets back Moiret Deeming tomorrow, who should have never been kicked out in it the first place. But fray, the Liberal Party really needs to put this embarrassing chapter behind them.
Speaker 2: It's going to be interesting what happens tomorrow.
Speaker 7: For sure, for sure, and I've heard some great things about Jess Wilson, but my worry is really the Victorian Liberals right now need a candidate who.
Speaker 2: Backed Moira Deeming.
Speaker 7: She has been vindicated, she's one in her case against Persudo. And I think the interesting factor that not many people are considering here is also the Victorian Liberal parties support a base they from my understanding, overwhelmingly stand with more Redeeming and the Liberal Party in Victoria really since COVID has lost a lot of members, a lot of campaigners due to the More Redeeming staff, the sense of factional division, and so I think they need someone who can come in, who can unify the party, who can put that whole terrible chapter behind them and bring back a lot of the members really that they've lost and be a strong opposition.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was amazing. They obviously they made a sort of tactical and strategic decision during COVID that they just weren't going to arc up against Dan Andrews. That just going to let, you know, let Dann be the hero. And at the time that same kind of sensible. I mean, you had Dan Andrews being worshiped.
Speaker 2: Have I tried to ka, Well, a couple of.
Speaker 6: Them did and and got sort of you know, pulled into line. And then I think one of the most outspoken members drove his car into something, but it was literally a car crash. But again you can see that while that might have been a tactically smart thing, it was perhaps a strategically stupid thing because now that the scales are peeling off people's eyes and think, oh my god, we went through what you know, why weren't we told? Why wasn't someone out there? And the moderates of the Liberal Party would just had their heads down, and so, you know, don't don't question, you know, just just let Dan just sort of all out and then we'll come back at the end. And so I can understand pursuitos, but it's like the idea that sorry, so you know that casting vote. I just I want to have a do over? Can we have Hey guys, can we have a do over? That wasn't live? Wasn't it? Can we just just do a retake of that? It's just it is so embarrassing. I cannot believe it. At every single juncture of this he has made the wrong judgment call. It has just been foulfoul, foul, foul foul. And again it has federal implications because the biggest turnaround for the opposition leaders better. Dudn'sfortunes have been in Victoria. I think they're trying to pick up maybe about four seats. And if the Liberal Party continues as the clown show that it has been recently and quite frankly for years, then that could undermine the federal effort. I might not. I think it's always overstated. Mostly Australian voters know the difference and vote different ways. But you know it's just these guys just need to just be shuffled and you know, in a shoe box above a cupboard somewhere.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to go to a break.
Speaker 3: Coming up on the Late Debate, Beyonce has caused controversy with her halftime performance. We'll show you why up to this. Welcome back to the Late Debate. Well, we know the woke try to ruin Christmas for everyone who celebrates, and now they're trying to ruin Christmas carols. Yes, the Church of England priests in the UK have been told to edit popular carols this Christmas in order to avoid unnecessary offense, and those.
Speaker 2: Singled out as particularly concerning.
Speaker 3: Ocmo Emmanuel and Lo He comes Clouds descending. They were also advised to use language that won't add further confusion or tension or take away anything from the good news of the Nativity. Now, this is the last thing we need for hymns to go.
Speaker 6: Work for up. I'm sorry. I had to hate to interrupt there. They're not hymns, they're thems. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So do you support this then?
Speaker 6: No, no, you go I'm just I'll say myself, Oh.
Speaker 7: That's shocking, but no, you're one hundred percent spot on there. To change hymns that have been written over hundreds of years now, because all of a sudden we've decided that we can't stand for the truth or for the Bible.
Speaker 2: Is genuinely disgraceful.
Speaker 7: And it's no wonder the Church of England's pews are getting emptier and emptier because the Church no longer stands for the Bible, which is its foundation. And it's interesting, like the Gospels in the Bible open with Jesus saying I am the Way. There are one million ways to be wrong, but according to the Bible, there is one way to be right, and it is through Jesus, and that is what Christmas is all about. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. You cannot edit carols to distort the entire premise of the Gospel, which is that there maybe there are multiple ways, maybe there are multiple missiles, multiple true religions. It's like, no, you can believe that if you want, but that is contrary to the entire Gospel, the entire church itself. So the fact that the Church of England is now spouting this stuff is crazy. My other the other thing that angered me about this story is they're saying, you can't include any language that would inflame tensions around the Israel Hamas war. And it's like, oh, sorry, yeah, Jesus was Jewish, newsflash. And if you're an anti Semite you might find that a bit offensive, but I'm sorry, we don't really want you in the church anyway if you can't deal with the fact that Jesus was a Jew. And in this carol, O Come, O Come Emmanuel, they say one of the lines is basically Jesus has come to ransom captive Israel. And how relevant is that now when you've got hostages who've been being held captive for over four hundred days. This is a chance when the Church should stand with Israel, I should stand against anti Semitism, should be proud of the fact that Jesus was a Jew and just own it. But instead they are cowering and they're destroying the Gospel.
Speaker 6: Here I would decay to the Church of England. This is what you get when you break with Rome. Happy Now it is obviously just redicause I was at at Christmas yesterday. I was talking to my in laws and they I said, what's woke? What's woke? You know, I was trying to explain it to them, and in the course of that, I said, look, it's basically all the dumb stuff that people like me when I was at UNI used to believe and spout, and our friends would do it, and you know, the academic mix would do it, and they would still stay there long after and we'd leave and grow up, and the academics would still spout the crazy, dumb stuff, and you know, and the next generation would come out, and then they'd leave and grow up and learn what the real world was like and that will be fine. And then with the advent of social media, of course, all these ideas take fire and suddenly perfectly normal people who've never had to endure an arts degree or a student union election are seeing all this nuts stuff that just looks absolutely crazy, and so of course they say you're crazy, this is insane, this is nuts. And then of course the crazy lefties who are all saying and say, well, then you're a fascist. And then a way we go and you got your first ready made culture. And basically, if you distilled that message, it is know your audience. It's fine when you're saying, you know, a bunch of students saying this crap to each other on campus and out there little rallies, that's fine when it breaks out. Sometimes fine when it breaks out. Sometimes it's terrible. But the point is it's usually relatively contained in both time and space. It's usually on the campus, and it's while you're a student, and then you move on. And the different between you know, the nineteen nineties and now is that social media has set it ablaze and sent it to people who had just never seen this crazy stuff before. And again, no your audience. One of the objections they have with Low. He comes with clouds of the so called quote unquote problematic words that state that Jesus is the quote unquote true Messiah. Now, if you don't think that Jesus is the true Messiah. You're probably not at that Anglican service on Christmas Day, right If you are, if you think it's Muhammad, that's fine, but you're probably lost. And the best thing instead of editing the carols would be for a nice perission is they know the mosters is down that way, have a lovely day, you know, happy Ramadan whatever. And so these people are just so preoc and again it becomes not about the audience, not about the greater good, not about the people, the service you do with the people, but all about me. How I am so pure and thoughtful and concerned about other people that I've identified this problem that no one else as is insightful and sensitive and concern and caring to identify. And then they talk about you know, you know, we don't want anything that could further inflame the situation between Israel and Palestine, the situation in the Gaza strip. And here I'm not sure. I'm not sure if the Archbishop of Canterbury has a television or access to the internet. Maybe these and Wi Fi, but it's already pretty inflamed. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't started by a bunch of godless protties seeing Christmas carols.
Speaker 2: We have to move on to the US.
Speaker 3: The University of Minnesota is looking for gender davers children as young as five years old to play with transgender dolls.
Speaker 2: For a research project. This is in Fox News today.
Speaker 3: The University of Minnesota is offering to pay parents of transgender and gender diverse children to have their kids play with unconventional dolls complete with genitals. The National Center for Gender Spectrum Health at the university said that we're looking to hear from transgender and gender diverse children between the ages of five and ten years old and their parents about and new hands on activity to help talk about gender and bodies.
Speaker 2: University noted that it'll pay.
Speaker 3: Around twenty dollars or between twenty and sixty dollars per group for the studies, and families will be asked for their feedback on this so called new therapeutic tool called my Gender Dolls.
Speaker 2: Pray.
Speaker 3: This is so sick, gender diverse as young as five young children. Why is this nonsense getting pushed on to parents and young children.
Speaker 7: The idea that a kid could even get a doll with all these like different genitals and internal organs and clothes and then somehow express their innermost feelings about their identity through this doll in a really meaningful way. I wanted to be a unicorn when I was five, Like, come on, someone had taken me into a university been like, so, how do you feel these wild animals express your inner identity?
Speaker 2: I would have been seriously confused.
Speaker 7: The job of a parent is to teach a child what is and isn't real and help them understand their place within an objective and.
Speaker 2: Very real reality.
Speaker 7: You cannot treat kids as though they are the parent and they have this like internal expressive identity that just needs to be let out through gender diverse dolls. It's fantasy land and it will damage these children absolutely well.
Speaker 2: Just quickly.
Speaker 3: The Internet has erupted after Beyonce's halftime performance at the Christmas Day game between the Houston Texans and the Baltimore Ravens, and the singer entered the stadium on a horse and performed songs from her most recent album. But the Internet is reacting after the pop star made a gun.
Speaker 2: Gesture with her hands.
Speaker 3: There she is and now so Several NFL stars have made these gestures after a touchdown, but the league has been cracking down on these demonstrations that potentially include gestures of violence, and game officials have thrown flags at those who have made them. We've heard from the NFL executive Troy Vincent in an October meeting saying that there's no place in professional football for that. So now the Internet is erupting Joe and people are saying, is Beyonce going to get fined for this?
Speaker 6: I just want to know she bloods or crips? I thinking again, you know, just like the entire conflict between Israel and Palestine started because of someone singing the old lyrics of a Christmas carol. Gun violence in America is a problem because Beyonce did this. Yeah, like, carry on, we.
Speaker 2: Have to go to a break. But stay with us.
Speaker 3: We're going to look at how the Royal family celebrated Christmas. Welcome back to the late debate. Well, Prince Louis. Vision has emerged of him absolutely beaming as he accepted boxes of Cadbury chocolate.
Speaker 2: Take a look at that look and the smile says it all.
Speaker 3: I'll be smiling like that too if I was gifted Cadbury chocolates by members of the public. But there he is enjoying his moment at Christmas. But on what grounds should Christmas be canceled? My opinion, absolutely none. But a wife has revealed that she has canceled Christmas after her husband bought an expensive gift for his friend instead of her.
Speaker 2: So the twenty eight year old took to social.
Speaker 3: Media to explain that her partner splashed out one hundred and fifty dollars on the friend, but only twenty dollars on her.
Speaker 2: Look, Joe, what do you make of this?
Speaker 3: I think someone needs to remind her it's not all about the Christmas present.
Speaker 6: Well, who we need to unpack this bit gab. Firstly, it was not just a friend. It was a gaming buddy, which I feel like undermines the whole thing. And the twenty dollars gift was a candle. I like a candle, Yeah I know, but the candle is also the quintessential gift that a husband gets his wife when he has no idea what she actually likes, what she does. No, no, no no no. Women love candles. Men just men have no respect for candles, and so by virtue, it's a lack of respect for It's also foolish because she can use it to set fire to him and shove it where the Sundays.
Speaker 3: Is she right though, to cancel Christmas is not hosting?
Speaker 6: Yes? Absolutely, yep, yep, I'm an ally Yep.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think cancel Christmas. But I think make him feel really really bad that he's screwed it up, and maybe shame him in front of all the other guests that are coming over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can actually cancel Christmas. And then he's written about and on social media.
Speaker 2: If you really want to ask, lad.
Speaker 6: Cancel Christmas? Just ruin it?
Speaker 7: But an online gaming friend, and what do you get an online game friend? Is this like the AI chatbot girlfriend situation? Because then I would really have sympathy for her.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that his online gaming buddy is Foxy bubble Toes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that's the red flat and he's bought a ninety minute chat session or something so.
Speaker 6: Bad listens to it. Candles, We have.
Speaker 3: To go thank you so much for your company this evening on at the late debates, Stay with us coming up. Elizabeth the iond A Life of Duty