Speaker 1: In the flesh.
Speaker 2: Have you felt him gazing adoringly through the window pane the studio?
Speaker 3: Actually, and you know what, just the old ghost of FITZI in this studio.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. We kicked it off two thousand and four.
Speaker 3: Actually, there's a photo someone's put up a photo of the first year we went to it, really two thousand and.
Speaker 4: Four, and I had hair back then.
Speaker 5: What brings you to town?
Speaker 3: So I had my uncle's funeral, Uncle Ken, up in the river Land yesterday. So can I just tell you this. It was one of the most powerful things I've ever heard in my life. And I've never been to a funeral where someone their life that you're celebrating wrote their own eulogy.
Speaker 4: So, Uncle Ken, he had.
Speaker 3: Cancer, and you know what, it's been a tough few years for him, but he organized his whole funeral. I joke about this on air all the time, that people should start organizing their own funerals, music, you know, ashes, whatever you want to do with all that kind of stuff. But he did it all himself, and he didn't want anyone. He was a humble man. He didn't want anybody to celebrate his life or pump him up so he said, all right, my own eulogy. And the thing that blew my mind is we knew that he had served in Vietnam, but he told stories that a lot of people at the funeral had no idea about because he kept it to himself until he wrote his own eulogy.
Speaker 4: Can I'll give you ononderable.
Speaker 3: This freaks me out because I had no idea. I would have loved to have chatted to him about it. But this was conscription back in nineteen sixty eight. He was twenty years of age. So he went and he trained at Puckapanyl. Then he goes up to Conunger up in Queensland to do jungle training. You're only twenty years of age and then you've thrown into war. So he told us he was part of the artillery one o ful Field Battery, and he says, on one occasion in the middle of the night, so every night they had to dig a hole in the ground sleeping in order to protect them from mortar shrapnel. On one occasion, in the middle of the night, I was woken by something crawling up my shirt sleeve and biting me.
Speaker 4: On the fore arm.
Speaker 3: It was a giant tropical centipede regarded as the most poisonous centipede on the planet. As I desperately crawled out of the hole, another one bit me on the toe I had dug up their nest that night. The pain was so intense that morphine injections only lasted minutes before the pain returned. Fortunately, I was immediately flown by helicopter to a huge US Army base hospital, where I vomited for hours. But there's no doubt in the world I would have died in battle from a centipede bite.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine what way to go?
Speaker 1: Wow? And he saw that coming.
Speaker 4: But see the other thing as well. He's kept it to himself.
Speaker 3: How people can hold onto stories like that and then reveal it to everyone at their funeral.
Speaker 4: It was really powerful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I mean, he's kept it till then, but I'd be telling everyone that's anz story.
Speaker 4: You've got a lot of skill.
Speaker 1: In a lot of incidents with centipedes, that's what I call them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it was a really, really good day, And I was reflecting on it last night because I was thinking to myself, twenty years of age, state sweat the small stuff.
Speaker 4: Mate, What are you complaining about?
Speaker 3: He did seats in your car when Uncle King's getting bitten by a poison centerpiece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing, isn't it. Like I'm on my knees crying to the gods because the milk ran out and he's getting bitten on the ass by a centipede.
Speaker 3: Crazy guy, It's crazy. So just think about that going into your weekend favor.
Speaker 5: Would you do your own would you plan your own funeral?
Speaker 3: I've always said this, Yes, I want to control the whole thing, right, I want my ashes spread across off the jetty down to Port No Lunger and all my mates and all my friends every day, even if you're in your seventies, in your eighties, you still got to jump off and do a lay back and wet the jetty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: But you know music, You know I'll have an ac DC cover band or something like Yeah, bad Dreams, definitely they could perform. But I actually like people talking about this. A lot of people don't like to talk about it, but we need to talk about death a lot more.
Speaker 4: That's why I come on this show.
Speaker 1: N nine You're Home of Death? Are here? Are you going to the cost? Why not?
Speaker 3: No, I've got to go back to Sydney for work tomorrow. But yeah, I know, do you know what unfortunately, Hazy I feel. Look, I'm confidently going to win tomorrow, but there is this pattern that's happening that we just win loss, win, loss, win loss.
Speaker 4: We can't win away from home.
Speaker 1: Well, if they can't win at home for Roy Slanes two fiftieth, then there's probably some question marks.
Speaker 3: Can I just congratulate the great man, what a great career he's had. He's been unbelievable Slowey Actually I put a video together for Slowey from a couple of filters off Snapchat for a couple of his old.
Speaker 4: Friends that they played to him during the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's he has been just what he's done for this country up for this country.
Speaker 5: You love the we're back to uncle.
Speaker 3: What he's done for this football side has been unbelievable. So we need to win for Slowly tomorrow and this country. He's been.
Speaker 5: Vietnam merging John Nice a.
Speaker 1: Quick word on port as well. A bunch of changes, a lot of changes.
Speaker 3: I do like that though, and obviously Charlie Dixon had to have a rest. But Horn Francis, you're dropping as well. I mean, this is an important game for him. It's not a cartoner playing good footage. So that'll be a great game on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Do you want a fun fact.
Speaker 2: Jason horn Francis listens to our show, doesn't Andrew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does. He said a couple of times they were bumped into him, and I'm kind of shocked, and I said, he said the other time I saw him, Like I catch up with him regularly. He goes, maybe I'll call up, and I was like, if you call up, we could be to talking to Jesus christ Yes, and we'll put him on hold and we'll get you on.
Speaker 4: Good Southern Boy as well Good Christie's Beach. Yeah, we used.
Speaker 3: To hate Christie's beach porta hanger. The crocodives in the Saints us to have some tussels.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 4: Well he is, but I do love horn Francis.
Speaker 1: He's okay. Well, Jason speaks very highly viewed.
Speaker 2: And if you are listening Jason this morning, give us call thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I appreciate time, Fitty, I love you guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me on what if dot.
Speaker 6: Com helps ossies make the most out of.
Speaker 7: Every trip book.
Speaker 1: A hotel fight, lay, check out and spa all before you can say breaking my face, jump on.
Speaker 6: The waterfab and get started.
Speaker 7: What if it's Ossie for travel.
Speaker 5: It's time for my diary.
Speaker 2: This is where I like to sit down and write some things and reflect and just really capture what happened this week. And I just need to preface this diary by saying you said something this week that was a bit dyslexic. It was back to front and so that turned the whole world on its axis. Our whole show was back to front and topsy turfy.
Speaker 1: You don't miss anything, do you mistake?
Speaker 2: No flies on Jo, No question about that, dear diary. Well it was opposite week on Nova. I mean it wasn't until my good friend Andrew made it so.
Speaker 1: On Someone. July twelfth and nineteen ninety eight was Goo Goo Dolls by Iris. Absolute classic.
Speaker 5: It's been a big week in sport.
Speaker 2: But because things are all topsy turvy, the Thunderbirds actually lost the Grand Final, which makes this piece of commentary really confusing. Driving sound, silence, and it's a shame they couldn't get over the line because this was a hell of a spray from Eleanor cardwill in.
Speaker 5: Overtime It's got them half.
Speaker 7: Sorry hard.
Speaker 2: Also in opposite week in better News, gold Coast Sons coach Stewie Jue got a contract extension for his tremendous win loss record not really, Diary, he got sacked and word has it. In his final act of rebellion he stole ten VIP mac of sponsorship cards just to stick it up the arse of management.
Speaker 5: Speaking of putting things in your bot, we.
Speaker 2: Offered to do just that morning, Michelle, what was your workper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a nasty year. So I think my biggest.
Speaker 5: What's a feeling? Like, what's the sensation of having a colonoscopy? Is that's a same? I give it. It is backwards week.
Speaker 2: Our colonoscopy will involve slushing Andrew's mouth out. Also Diary, I became obsessed with Britain his Instagram this week.
Speaker 5: She's the one that said again it did I ups.
Speaker 2: My kid's response if I just posted on my Instagram page just.
Speaker 5: In my brah going like that, can.
Speaker 1: You imagine that?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Jodie's jugs Diriy. We also chatted about weird proposals and as it turns out, love can be real aggressive in.
Speaker 5: The Oddy household. I did not know that that proposal.
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 5: That's how it happened. It literally had me in a headlog and went through me and love it.
Speaker 2: Finally, Diary Away from Catherine gave us a call about her obsession with patches.
Speaker 5: Catherine from Ottaway, what do you refuse to give.
Speaker 8: Up my nicorette chewing?
Speaker 9: I've been chewing those for the past twenty years after I gave up smiking and do you think I can get off?
Speaker 2: So to all the nicotine addicts, my nic and the Britney instant obsessed Jody's jugs this morning.
Speaker 5: Thanks for backwards week.
Speaker 1: Goo Goo Dolls by Iris.
Speaker 5: Classic go off this weekend. Love from the Hazy and Jody Show.
Speaker 6: What if dot Com helps Ossies make the most out of every trip book.
Speaker 1: A hotel, fight, lay, check out and spa all before you can say breaking buffet.
Speaker 6: Jump on the water if ap and get started?
Speaker 7: What if it's Ossie for travel?
Speaker 1: I mean this thing, it's just become an institution every single Friday. Originally it was all sort of done on Friday, but then we merge it to reveal it on a Thursday, so we'd get a nice, big run up for today. Yeah, exactly, Well, of the bang it's one song each. I mean, put the vote out there to the good people.
Speaker 5: I'm disappointed knew this week.
Speaker 1: You're what are you not disappointed to me? Can we just be honest for a second. When have you been proud of me? I think that's the broader question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, next to ever.
Speaker 2: But this week in particular, what you've decided to do is just jump on the old Taylor Swift bandwagon.
Speaker 5: Oh everyone loves Taylor. Everyone's trying to get tickets. Everyone wants to go to the Euros tour. Oh so I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Choose a Taylor Swift song even though you have no vested interest in Tayler at all?
Speaker 1: How dare you? I am the biggest Swifty out there?
Speaker 5: No, you're not. When her birthday? Yeah sorry, it was her last boyfriend.
Speaker 1: As far as I'm concerned, she's ageless.
Speaker 5: Who was her last boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Her last boyfriend? And I think it was Warrit Kappa, wasn't it? No few? Oh wow, Taylor Lautner was an ex boyfriend, as was Harry Styles.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're up with that, then don't aim her. But no, that's not the ex boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Now I'm trying to think of some eligible bachelor's Travis bog anyway, You're right, this is the song that I chase. It's just to just make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. It's a good song.
Speaker 2: It is a really good so disgustingly disingenuous this week disgusting.
Speaker 1: It just so happens that she's touring at the moment and everyone's talking about her.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, what a winkydink?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is this spoke touring?
Speaker 4: Shake down?
Speaker 2: Help me?
Speaker 1: But just do a lit or what so mix a lot. This is Jodie song. Go on plug it.
Speaker 5: Everyone in here wants to hear that.
Speaker 1: Everyone is that right? Everyone?
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: I'm not looking at anyone. I'm just looking at fits.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 1: We're gonna reveal the winning song at eight am. Jesus tight to Jodi and Hazy cast you vote or send us a texto for double nine my nine. We're talking basically almost fifty percent.
Speaker 2: At last glance, it was deadlocked at fifty to fifty. But I'm disappointed in that Tom Dooday through his weight behind your song and then the votes just suddenly got even. So that speaks to the power of Tom Dooday in this.
Speaker 1: Town, doesn't it. I'm so glad you brought that up. Our very good friend of the show, Tom Dudey, said this yesterday just in terms of who hid back.
Speaker 10: Obviously, the Taylor Swift tickets was a big deal a couple of weeks ago, and it led to a few of the boys leaning back into Taylor in the gym, and the tunes were very Taylor influenced, and that's one of the great Taylor stors in my top three.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know that mainstreams. It means if you're a Crow supporter, no vote for Taylor is a show of respect, all right for Tom Doudey and the Adelaide Crows, all right.
Speaker 2: Port Adelaide supporters. That means a vote for Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. You can't make assume that the.
Speaker 5: Supporters Adelaide fans jump on board.
Speaker 1: So mix a lot please, No, no, no, no, you can only do that would never tear us apart. Jody and Hazy get voting so tight. This is going to be intense.
Speaker 2: I will make the point that you can hear Taylor Swift on this radio station every fourth song.
Speaker 5: So where's the fun in that excuse me.
Speaker 1: What not wild streams though? No, Yeah, we're going back a little bit. Go on, friends, do the right thing. Just take a trip that many lane for a Friday.
Speaker 9: You tell me you put the time machine.
Speaker 1: On this daisy, go off, whatever you're doing, just stop and go the hell off. Why not, it's the cusp of the weekend. It'sime from this day. Let's go back to the fourteenth of July in two thousand and eight. In the Dark Night, starring Christian Bale and Heath Ledger, premiers in New York. Unbelievable performances by both.
Speaker 5: Yeah, incredible, I.
Speaker 1: Mean Heath Ledger. Yeah what There will never be a better joker. Let's stay on the theme of films. Nineteen eighty nine film when Harry Met Sally is released.
Speaker 5: We know what's coming right now, don't we?
Speaker 1: Yeah, grind going off.
Speaker 5: We definitely know what's coming.
Speaker 1: She's going off because it's a Friday. How many times have you just been having coffee or and then you've just burst in a situation like that?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't go back to Sir George's bakehouse in North Adelaide.
Speaker 5: Because and I'll never reappear at Cheebo all of the Chibos.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of them, you and Chiebo cheev It does very interesting things there. Twenty fifteen, Roby Williams announces he's returned to boy band. Take that.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, Robbie, Yeah, the original and the best.
Speaker 1: Didn't take that really count the Lucky Stars having Robbie on board, So you.
Speaker 2: Had like one directional split up and they all went off and did separate things.
Speaker 5: Not so take that.
Speaker 1: No, No, they really needed Robbie more than Robbie needed them. Twenty two Canadians singers Songwriter at the Weekend kicks off after Ours to a Dawn, which was his first stadium tour. Man, that guy's talented.
Speaker 2: I just don't know anything about him his personal life. I couldn't tell you one Weekend fact other than he's got great music.
Speaker 1: That's strange because he knows a lot about you.
Speaker 5: Yeah he does. He slides into my dms all the time, Back off weekend.
Speaker 1: Back off the weekend.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 1: One song on July fourteenth in two thousand and eight was so what by.
Speaker 5: Pink Oh one.
Speaker 1: Of that and one of those little attitude songs about Pink go off Alicia, it's Friday on the YouTube? What would you go for? So a ten thousand dollars share? An instant cash? One hundred bucks? Bang? Straight up? Well the chance with himself? A twenty thousand dollar MG car minute, that's the MG just going yeah, out of my way. I've got sue, I've got too much swag for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I think that was Ken England.
Speaker 2: They get around the port Oudelie applayers in the management there mgs, don't they?
Speaker 1: How's you would? Okay, let's jump on the phones. Good morning, when do we have here?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello? Hi?
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 11: Ah?
Speaker 9: This is exciting? Hi?
Speaker 1: How are you? Thanks?
Speaker 5: Do need some sort of name?
Speaker 9: Emma?
Speaker 5: Hello, Emma? How are you doing for a friday?
Speaker 7: I'm not too bad?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 6: How are you good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 5: You sound shocked and surprised to get through very much?
Speaker 9: So, yes, I didn't expect this before work, So this is this is a good way to spend a friday so far.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell us what you're leaning towards here? Are you thinking a hundred bucks cash?
Speaker 6: Or would you like to go?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: That was aggressive, sorry, very excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hundred bucks or would you like to go into the running.
Speaker 9: I think at the moment, just the way things are, I think I am leaning towards the cash.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right, very nice.
Speaker 5: So what are we spending I work with the child.
Speaker 1: That's right. His song won't win anyway, Jodie, congratulations. Emma, you are on the stand by list. Now you're on the stand by list to potentially play novs cash or the car.
Speaker 11: Then maybe your phone will win.
Speaker 1: Then before we let you go, what does the cash go towards if you're choosing cash?
Speaker 6: Just just life at the moment.
Speaker 8: Things are not easy at the moment.
Speaker 6: So it's just me and my daughter.
Speaker 5: So anything that.
Speaker 11: Would help out right now would just be amazing.
Speaker 2: It's not been easy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that one hundred bucks is all yours.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, guys, this.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Oh you're so welcome.
Speaker 2: Just jump on our Instagram page and cast that vote towards him back and everyone exactly.
Speaker 1: Can I quickly ask you as well, how old your daughter?
Speaker 6: She is eleven, she'll be twelve next month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the process of raising a young lady ourselves, and I'll tell you what. For me, it's an eye opener, it certainly is.
Speaker 6: But it's one of the best jobs in the world, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Isn't it the best?
Speaker 2: Although your daughter is heading into the teenagers, so all the best?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I do need the car exactly. You're right.
Speaker 5: Oh, well done, congratulations Emma.
Speaker 1: How good stuff nervous cash or the carpland or chances to play cross today? With that Maddie and DC will play again on Monday morning. Good stuff, really good stuff. I'll tell you what's quite epic and just an absolute sight to see there's nervous handball blitzed trophy. Oh my god, can you just describe in the corner of the room.
Speaker 5: It's as tall as me.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely massive, and it's just a site to the hold, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's really like it's a genuine It's the biggest trophy I've ever seen in my life. Bigger than Stanley Cup. I reckon, I know.
Speaker 5: A new one, three whole premierships for and this one's bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't get to can'try any beers out of that's true.
Speaker 5: I mean it is for children.
Speaker 1: So that's probably why thirteenth August Port Adelai Bejes, that's when we're having our handbill of this Grand final. If you haven't registered yet to potentially be a participant. Definitely do that via the Nova player. We go in real estate, massive supporters of local making difference all over s A. Jody's Uice not too far away as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, and one of my favorite clothing brands, which shouldn't be one of my favorite cloth clothing brands, has had a lawsuit filed against it.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you why is a data? Remember data? And when Eminem had his own clothing brand? You rocking?
Speaker 12: That the biggest reading story, This is how several scenes huge or Billie Eilish has dropped her self directed video for What Was I Made For?
Speaker 2: So it's pretty soubworthy and it's her contribution to the Barbie soundtrack. She's just sitting at a table and she's going through all these mini Barbie sort of outfits, but they're all replicas of all her red carpet outfits.
Speaker 5: You like that?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's nice?
Speaker 5: And she did it all herself. Well, do you want to have a listen to.
Speaker 1: The song she did all herself? Like she's a tiny child?
Speaker 5: Use to food fun, I use.
Speaker 1: Made I mean proper. Billie Eilish fans will say, oh, she's got all sorts of deep stuff like that. But for the people on the outside, that's it. That's a different side of BILLI OLiS.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is. That was so patronizing. What I just said she did it all herself, was like little Billy Ons just tied up her own shoelaces.
Speaker 1: Clever girl.
Speaker 5: That's that juice suit.
Speaker 6: Juice suit.
Speaker 2: Now a lawsuit has been filed against she and So alleging it alleges the fast fashion retailer runs and elaborate operation that seeks out and steals the intellectual property of designers, big ones, small ones, all while utilizing a confusing corporate structure. I've heard lots of things about Sheen. It is ridiculously cheap Andrew, So hang.
Speaker 1: On, just so, what is shean exactly? Because I thought you were talking about Kevin Shift to Sheen. I was like, he's an absolute grade of our game. And what could shift to possibly be in trouble for?
Speaker 5: It's a clothing brand.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've never heard of in my life. Sorry to be ignorant.
Speaker 5: No, that's okay, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't expect you to know a single fact about fashion, just judging from what you were what are you talking about but she and apparently underpays its people to do knockoffs of you know, famous fashion, and yeah, so they're morally a little bit questionable. And I wore address to work at Channel ten and my boss said to me, that's a really nice dress.
Speaker 5: Was that from? And I'm like she and and she looked horrified.
Speaker 2: She was like, my daughter actually did a year twelve sort of thesis on how yeah, morally questionable they are?
Speaker 1: Wow, and you're rocking it that work.
Speaker 5: No, I know, I know. I don't buy from there anymore. Start hearing all that stuff.
Speaker 1: They go good stuff.
Speaker 5: Juicy juicy beprins.
Speaker 2: Harry and Meghan Markels Netflix docu series has been nominated for a Hollywood Critics Award after the repair received a major blow from judges of this year's Emmy Awards because they got snubbed. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are in the running for the gong for Best Streaming Notification Series category for their six part series Harry and Meghan, which was released last December.
Speaker 6: Have you watched it?
Speaker 1: I haven't quite watched it yet. It's definitely on my to do list.
Speaker 9: Is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the best thing about the story. In fact, the only good thing about the story is it gives us a chance to replay their time on South Park. Thanks for having it on the top.
Speaker 4: It's so us and the beads cray.
Speaker 1: So let me start with you, Sam. You've lived a life with the royal family.
Speaker 13: You've had everything handed to you, but you're saying a life has been.
Speaker 5: Hard, and now you've written all about it in your new book where.
Speaker 1: Very good stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's actually worth a watch.
Speaker 2: And I walked away from it thinking, oh, you know, it's actually really quite a lovely love story between the two of them.
Speaker 1: Said you just you couldn't sit there the whole time and be like, I just I'm not sure. I'll potentially get in trouble for saying this. You'd always be questioning the morals and the intent in all those sorts of things. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Not really?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what do you think that? That just you're so blind, aren't you?
Speaker 5: You've just done all that for money?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm not sure. I'm just saying she's a movie star. I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We'll stop talking, I don't is my suggestion.
Speaker 1: Or radio station. Is this let's be back on to a different direction. Did you really support me with that one?
Speaker 5: Did you not?
Speaker 3: At all?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Trying to go after Megan a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, honestly, Watch it and then I'd be curious to see what you think of them.
Speaker 5: Watch it, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will watch it. I'll get around to it. A lot of things to do on.
Speaker 5: That list, and then try and have an opinion.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so good an opinion on this song.
Speaker 3: Shake, Shake, shaken healthy, but that's.
Speaker 1: Not very healthy. This is Jody's song for Battle of the Bangers, and look, things are getting really really tight. So it's sir mix a lot lot versus Taylor Swift. So here's the thing though, what happens if it's a draw?
Speaker 5: Ooh really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What is that? Is it?
Speaker 1: It's genuinely pretty much fifty percent each?
Speaker 5: What do we do then?
Speaker 1: Well? I think the only logical thing that it would be the plame at the same time, wouldn't they? That's good, that's good, right, that's good.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: That's what we call a mash up.
Speaker 1: That's our version of a mash up. Just as good Jodie and Hazy in with it. It is just an absolute gorgeous day. So get out there and live it.
Speaker 2: A'm all right, yeah, I get it, your best life, get at kings and queens, all.
Speaker 1: Those types of things, and potentially listen to a really really good song from Taylor Swift. Last two songs, two comrades, just going head to head and battling it out for hit supremacy. Two songs this morning you got Taylor Swift Wild Streams and also sir, mix a lot, Baby got back.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you played Taylor Swift Wildest Dreams in your car?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: My gosh, I mean, when was the last time I was in my car? Do you know what I'm saying. It's a good point. It's a good point. You raise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a bit of feedback on the text line two you can get involved. Oh for double O nine one nine norm one nine, Logan said, seriously hazy Taylor Swift, as if we aren't hearing her enough, get it, Joe, so mix a lot for the win.
Speaker 1: That Logan, Roy Yeah, session, well we love that. He tunes in. Good morning camera man, Josh, Good morning guys. How are we going going better? For seeing you? Great man?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you in about fifteen seconds time. Where are we going?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: People love Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: But oh, like you didn't deliberately tap into that?
Speaker 1: Is she quite popular?
Speaker 13: She is quite popular, and I thought we could tap into that. Actually, and Jody doesn't know this, but I went ahead and tagged ten Taylor Swift fan did you including the massive Taylor Swift fans Indonesia?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Who are renowned for being very vocal about their swiftness, very vocal.
Speaker 5: So you rigged it?
Speaker 13: But do you know what people love a little more than Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Please please, pa, please please place.
Speaker 4: They love me? But ye.
Speaker 1: Strolling on? Okay, all right, so what was the end voecount? What do we got?
Speaker 4: Fifty eight percent.
Speaker 1: Hard lay? Yeah? The text line has been very very aggressive towards me.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Logan, this one's for you.
Speaker 1: Come on, unbelievable stuff. Just before I play the song, can I just say this, if you're an Adelaide Crow supporter, and if you in particular, like Tom doo Day, you've really let him down.
Speaker 2: Ok Hocky, you've really broken his heart Dan on this p I mean he's trying to recover from a broken.
Speaker 5: Acl it's too late.
Speaker 1: You've given him a broken heart as well.
Speaker 5: Don't emotionally manipulate people. Just play my song.
Speaker 1: Thanks for congratulations. Here's a winning song for Battle of the Bangs. So that Mike A light Baby got back.
Speaker 5: Good morning, my god, this.
Speaker 1: Song is still going because it's Saturday. Yet this song has been going for about seven and a half minutes. We get it, So mix a lot. You're the wrniest person on the planet.
Speaker 2: Don't fade it out in the got much bad.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's the winner of Battle Bangs this week. Congratulations to you, joe Yodi, thank you.
Speaker 5: This is how salty you were. You didn't sing one lyric.
Speaker 1: To that song because I don't like the song. I genuinely don't like the song.
Speaker 2: Oh look, quickly, we just need to do a Battle of the Banger's score update.
Speaker 5: Do you want to do it?
Speaker 7: You can do it.
Speaker 1: You know it's fine, Okay, I'll just leave it be, okay, six to four. It is what I was hopeful for, was that genuinely even up nicely. What I've learned from that is no tactics. Don't get tactics involved. Just choose a song from the heart.
Speaker 5: The heart.
Speaker 2: I've been saying that to you the whole time. Don't choose a Taylor Swift song just because she's popular.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying is a heartfelt song from you. Is a bloke talking about big round juicy butts. That's you talking from the heart.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's like Michaelat's in trouble. I'm very much up and about after that little victory. So I would like to give a double pass away to mel Buttle. Let me know either way at the show. It's an ode to our modern hero. So if you want to go along, Glenelg Winter Art Festival Shows Bar's Festive Fund at the Bay Dual Lie six to twenty three in Colie Reserve, Glennell Winterfestival dot com get around it. But if you want to go along, it's called Now thirteen twenty four ten and just tell us how much you love that sort.
Speaker 1: Joe's loving friendship in strange places, how good.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it comes out of nowhere goes bang, I'm your friend now.
Speaker 1: You just don't know. It has no timing, It doesn't know the rules.
Speaker 2: The universe dictates it to you.
Speaker 5: You've got no choice in who you become friends.
Speaker 1: With so true, Well done? What about this? A gunman in Manhattan Beach was driving his victim to an ATM machine, and in the process of robbing him, the two became friends. Of course at night it's your predictable friendship story.
Speaker 2: Give me all your money and become my bff.
Speaker 1: During the arm robbery, the robber was very apologetic and told the victim he had bills to pay. The victim was understanding of this, and after a successful robbie, the man drove the victim back home and the two made plans to reconnect someday. Should we do this again, you wrote me, next time I can connect with the story?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: Two thousand and eight, And I've gotta be very careful when I retell this story, so I'll probably leave some details out. Okay, two thousand and eights. After a little premiership dinner's we had a really successful time there for a little bit for the Central District Footy.
Speaker 5: Club been mentioned by you.
Speaker 1: What do you want to go through it?
Speaker 2: Three whole premierships, that's the joke.
Speaker 1: So during the night out, so I became entangled. I had a bit of an argument with a stranger and we let's just say we had a good, proper argument to the point where I felt bad and I came back to the place where we had such physical argument, and that person was still there, and hang on, did you really connect?
Speaker 5: Did you nearly get in a punch?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 5: Did you get a punch nearly?
Speaker 1: Let's go nearly?
Speaker 4: That's fine?
Speaker 1: And I came back and he was he was still there, and then I apologized, and then we end up genuinely being friends. Yes, for about two hours, we sat there and we genuinely nutted it out, really and by the end of it, I did actually give him a little bit of money as well.
Speaker 11: And.
Speaker 1: Is well, yeah, so, but I can connect with the story because it was two bucks. That's And I don't know if this is a bloke thing, particularly back in the day, where if you have an argument or even if it gets physical, you can quickly work it out.
Speaker 5: Why did you give him money?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think if there was anything that need to be covered in terms of medical bills and things like that, I don't know one hundred bucks for cover it. But I do remember as well. And I was thinking about the story this morning and the last sort of detail it was of detail in blurry, whereas I needed to sort of cover myself a little bit in case you can come back and hit me in the face. And then he said, oh, what football cop he made for here we go. This will give it away because then he will do some research. And I went, I'll played for Norwid, genuine true story. And then he said, I love Norwid. Nord's my club, and I'm not kidding. He goes, let's sing the love song together, and I was like, I'm done here, I'm completely done, and I'll go on him. I don't know the words. I don't know the words right, so there you go. And then he completely didn't buy that. It was two thousand and eight and Nord really had a purple patch after that. Two thousand and eight, I think they had a bit of a rough season. I was like, oh, we never win, so I don't know the words. He didn't buy it, and there's me and him just looking at each other waiting for someone to pick it up.
Speaker 3: So bad.
Speaker 1: The legs.
Speaker 2: You've told some weird stories on the show, but that takes the.
Speaker 1: Came I'm not liable for this story as well. It may or may not be true. Does that cover me? Na there's a bloke. There's a bloke who may or may have got hit back in the day, who's looking at me, is listening to this right now, going I knew it. I knew he didn't play the normid time now as well to reward our core of the week now, we spoke to a beautiful lady called Catherine yesterday and let me just get straight into this in terms of a recap.
Speaker 2: Catherine from Ottaway, what do you refuse to give up.
Speaker 8: My Nicorette chewie?
Speaker 1: That might be a wise decision, would say.
Speaker 9: I've been chewing those for the past twenty years after I gave up smoking, and do you think I can get off of them?
Speaker 2: No, it's good Catherine, beautiful Catherine, and she joins us now, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Oh are you just chomping down on some Nicorette chewies this morning?
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 8: If I've been chomping down on those Nicorette jewies years.
Speaker 11: My husband.
Speaker 8: My husband cracks up because I've got this habit. If I go to eat something or drink something, I just put my chewi down and then I forget about it, and my husband will pick up put his iPad or his phone or something on top of my Chewy and his eyepad or phone, and there's a Chewi stuck to the back of My kids won't even go in my handbag because I'll pull out a pen or all my phone or something. There's a Chewi stuck on it and it's got little.
Speaker 11: Hair balls, a little fluckballs.
Speaker 8: Looks like a little growth, Gatherine.
Speaker 2: My husband has a habit of leaving his Chewy in my car, and I have text him before and said, there's a special place.
Speaker 5: In Hell for people who leave their Chewi lying around.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but sometimes you can't help it because sometimes you know there's no Benn around. You don't want to throw it on the you don't want to throw it on the ground. I used to have a habit of taking my little Chewi packet to bed and then I chew and by the time if I have a drink, and then put my little Chewy back in the packet. But somehow it made its way into my beat. But my husband gets up in the morning get he had something on his back, and I'm thinking, oh my god, it be fine there dead. I had my chew off the back of his his shirt and I'm thinking I was waiting for him to take it. I could quickly throw it in the bin. I'm thinking I haven't done that again.
Speaker 5: Catherine. We can listen to your chewy stories.
Speaker 1: It's never a dull moment, not a way, Catherine, thank you so much for joining us. We've got a little holiday package voucher for one hundred dollars reading sinners vouch and turned all the beach House vouched, give to you the beach House perfect.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 11: That's what I wanted yesterday.
Speaker 9: And the ihoppy.
Speaker 11: One I shut it. Really, I could have said that I would have mentioned my hormone patches, or I could have mentioned my golden gay time see would have mentioned.
Speaker 2: My chewes for the.
Speaker 1: Well, this works just as well. Congratulations of Beach House is a perfect destination for a fun and field at day