Speaker 1: The Wizard, Just a start, get a wizard?
Speaker 2: Nikkis okay, it's back for twenty twenty six. Nick the Wizard, Watson morning, where's good morning?
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 4: It's nice to see you a while, hasn't it.
Speaker 5: We haven't seen you this year.
Speaker 2: I was worried when we had your boy Jack van in that you might have gone on the Lad's trip. We might not have seen you again D's trip just in the middle of before the season, before Jack Jack was away.
Speaker 4: Stay far from it.
Speaker 5: We loved having Guinean, but we love you more.
Speaker 4: Are going to tell you.
Speaker 6: Favorite to play, you know, maybe become our over correspondent.
Speaker 2: Off the air, he was like, you know, you're back at the wrong horse with love.
Speaker 6: So let's start from the start. What did you do post season last year? Did you get up to any mischief?
Speaker 3: I didn't go anywhere far. I didn't go overseas at all. I got a puppy.
Speaker 1: Got a puppy. Oh my god, what's the puppies name?
Speaker 4: Kobe?
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool?
Speaker 2: This brutal? Is this a shared puppy with the missa?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, just mine mine by myself.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: He's actually growing pretty big now, so he's keep me on my toes, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: How you take this right way? How are you going with the responsibility of keeping something alive.
Speaker 3: I've actually be better than what you think to be honest, it's he's like my best mate.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I just hang out with him, game with him.
Speaker 3: I've actually been off the gaming a lot, which which I'm sure many people would.
Speaker 4: Be busy having a puppy core. Yeah, it's time.
Speaker 5: Does he wake you up in the night.
Speaker 4: No, not anymore. At the start he was pretty full on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kept him off my bed in the crate and then that didn't last because then once he came to my bed he slept the whole night.
Speaker 4: So perfect. Yeah, it was a game.
Speaker 2: You sleep with him each night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't feel any at my toes. He's nice and small, you know what.
Speaker 5: Everyone says, He's not going to be an on the bed dog, and then it's once they're on the bed hard to get up.
Speaker 3: Well, he doesn't shed, so that was the one thing for me. If he shed, he wouldn't be on.
Speaker 2: My about when you got company over, he's still on the end of the bit, Yeah, because dog sticks around for the show as well. PEPs normally in the room if you know.
Speaker 1: It's usually one man this one before.
Speaker 6: Okay, So so now you're into the season proper you played in changing the subject you played in opening round. Things didn't quite go to plan against the Giants. What happened wid.
Speaker 3: They played good foot Yeah, they did play good footy. They're a quality side. We just weren't at our best and we know that, and we put our heads down this week and head on to Essendon which will be a good, good match and good rivals for the fans.
Speaker 4: I reckon does.
Speaker 5: It like it's one game, right, but it's every game I imagine is important, but especially being the first round, the first it's not round one? What is it?
Speaker 4: Opening round?
Speaker 5: Is it a bit like okay, we're dusting off the cob webs, let's just move.
Speaker 3: It was a bit like that, like we did play not our best footing and we know that, which is annoying because we did that sort of in the practice match as well. So we're two games basically off for loss, and yeah, we we know we need to be better and there's some things that we need to tidy up, and but yeah we'll be if you put.
Speaker 2: Your finger on it. What those things are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we got that yesterday.
Speaker 5: Did you change numbers this season?
Speaker 4: I did number five? Big number.
Speaker 3: Thirty four wasn't the best number. I didn't really like it. But obviously we take numbers very seriously at the club. So number five.
Speaker 6: But what about if you play ship and you have to go back?
Speaker 2: Would you couldn't go back?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They're going back?
Speaker 1: Like what you superstitious at all?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 1: So did you play with number five during June?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I played five fair bits so and obviously having Sam as a coach whereber.
Speaker 4: Five was his number?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so he's picked his favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Maybe was someone number five last season? James Warple he went to Geelong. I see you mate?
Speaker 2: How does that work? Is there a little ballot to get the number?
Speaker 3: Or as I said before, we take numbers at the club pretty seriously. So it's like we've got such a rich history in numbers and the number five is obviously one of the biggest ones at the club. So you sort of sending an email to the coach of why you want it, and yeah, it sort of goes from there and they choose from there.
Speaker 5: So did other people try and get it?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I assume so he sort of keeps it close to your chest.
Speaker 2: But I sit down to write a big D and M email to the car.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say big, but like a couple of paragraphs saying like why you want it and put.
Speaker 5: Your pitch in.
Speaker 2: You've changed and emotional.
Speaker 3: It was just chat, just a few clues off chat GPT even. Yeah, I'm sure many people did.
Speaker 6: Speaking of numbers, Zach Merritt wears the number seven for the Bombers right now. Last year Zach tried to get to the Hawks. He was he's no longer the captain. Andy McGrath's now the captain, so he still still he's had to go. He's had to go back tail between the legs. And this week the Hawks play the Bombers.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon?
Speaker 3: That's a bit awkward for it, I'd be, I'd be, it'd be funny at the start. I mean, I'm sure the fans will be loving it this game coming up.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's going to be probably ninety plus thousand at the gym. It's a great rival game and always is every year, to be honest, but it's just got to be the extra tension on it now because.
Speaker 2: You bring it up. Okay, the one next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It'll be funny what happens. I'm sure there'll be a big gun on field.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine that if you made a player to get to another radio station for instance.
Speaker 2: I mean we would never do that ever.
Speaker 1: But then it gets tony spots available, it gets to night.
Speaker 4: You've got to walk back with your tail between lads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is probably the worst possible outcome.
Speaker 2: And also, God love you boys. You're the team that's going to bring it up.
Speaker 4: It should be good.
Speaker 5: Boss just walked in and her say, it's a few openings. She's just shaking it, so I believe.
Speaker 2: Well, look, it's going to be a big night at the g Bombers take on the Hawks. Make sure you get your memberships for Hawthorne this year as well. I was good to have you back on board, mate.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing you guys in. Can you bring the puppy in?
Speaker 2: Puppy friendly clins pissed on the floor around.
Speaker 4: We love puppy.
Speaker 3: We're one time for sure. I just got to get him tolet trains out of my place a bit better. When he goes out the houses.
Speaker 4: You'll don't worry.
Speaker 5: We're dog people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You watch the girls in sales when he rolls in with a puppy. Bring him in, all right, Nick? It was it Watson number five, but the Hawks joined us on the air this morning. Good to see Wiz, Good see Jason, Lauren.
Speaker 5: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.