Speaker 1: On Scoring Lives Austrodia.
Speaker 2: This is the winder Panety Show. Good evening and welcome to the Reader Panney Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up tonight, Australia headed for years of deficits as Treasurer Jim Chalmers prepares to hand down a big spending budget. Adam Criton will be here to discuss the day's top headlines, including Menique Bryant's husband caught tearing down a sign for the Liberal candidate in q Yok. Professor eam Plymer will fact check labor claims that energy bills plummeted in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: The Great Josh Hammer will have the latest from the US, and later in the.
Speaker 3: Hour, Kinseysko film will have the figures for what looks like being one of Disney's most disastrous films ever. And Left Is Losing It features this UK delicate for the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.
Speaker 4: I'm actually going to be talking to you about my.
Speaker 3: Nipples, Okay, but first, the latest news poll is in and women, young women in particular, are ditching Labor and the Coalition for the Greens. Labour's female support base has dipped to twenty nine percent for the first time, with the Greens now the beneficiaries of fifteen percent of the female vote, but the two party per therred vote remains at fifty one to forty nine in favor of the Coalition, thanks mainly to growing anti labor sentiment in Victoria and a surgeon support for the Coalition in Queensland. Pitter Dutton does appear to have a problem with young women. His approval rating is just twenty one percent among that corehort, with a disapproval rating of sixty four percent.
Speaker 2: Compare that to the Prime Minister's.
Speaker 3: Approval rating of forty percent for that demographic. But the issue appears to be with young women only. If you add women of all ages into the mix, the two party per free third metric favors the Coalition fifty one to forty nine percent. Joining me now for more on this, a senior fellow and chief economis at the Institute of Public Affairs.
Speaker 2: Adam Crichton.
Speaker 3: Adam, young women are increasingly leaning left.
Speaker 2: We can see that from the data.
Speaker 3: We can see that anecdotally fifteen percent of them. You could argue you are leaning radical left.
Speaker 5: Yes, Look, this is a phenomenon that's actually happening all around the world, and it's hard to explain. The only theory that I can come up with is it's the education system, which is increasingly far left and increasingly feral, if you like, and it tells young women that young men and many in general are the enemy and art to be trusted, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So I think that's what's polarizing it.
Speaker 5: And of course we also saw on that data I think, or at least maybe not that data, but we certainly see it around the world.
Speaker 6: Is that young men are.
Speaker 5: Actually becoming more conservative. Yes, so that's happening at the same time. And actually just this week in the New York Times there was an editorial saying that actually, young people as a whole now have actually become a lot more conservative, which is quite interesting. And I actually put that down to COVID, to their experience with COVID, to their experience with big government, having their lives destroyed. I think has actually made some of them wake up to the pernicious nature of government.
Speaker 2: Yes, particularly the young men.
Speaker 3: And I think it's also a rebellion because if you look at all the institutions, whether you're talking about education, whether you're talking about the corporate world, Hollywood, sporting organizations that have all become so left leaning, so woke.
Speaker 2: So you actually want to be a rebel, you'd be a conservative. You don't want to be a part of that group think.
Speaker 3: And you mentioned what we're seeing in this newspot mirroring what's happened elsewhere, and certainly the trend in the US. It's all with Donald Trump's election in twenty twenty four. He won married men, he won unmarried men, He won married women, but lost and lost badly amongst unmarried women.
Speaker 2: You look at the data, there's sixty eight percent.
Speaker 3: To thirty one when he came to unmarried women, but every other category he was winning. So that does seem to be this very particular demographic that is leaning increasingly left. And because the margin is so dramatic and it's a growing group, it will have an impact on elections.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, that's that's probably true, and it does. Although I think I'd rather be I'd rather be in the position of Donald Trump in the USA because, as you say, he's actually won more of these subcategories, if you like. It's just the white women who are educated in particular, for some reason, lean left increasingly and The reason I think is the media I think encourages it, and also the education system.
Speaker 2: I think universities of a lot to answer for.
Speaker 3: And if you faced just well over a decade of doctrination, it's.
Speaker 2: Going to have an impact.
Speaker 3: Now to this astonishing footage of Monique Ryan's husband Peter Jordan, who was called removing a sign backing the liberal candidate for Q Young Amelia out Hamer.
Speaker 2: Watch this footage. I'm going to play you the whole thing.
Speaker 3: He refuses repeatedly to identify himself and seems very proud of what he's done.
Speaker 6: So hang on, mate, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm taking the sign?
Speaker 6: Yeah, beg you pardon?
Speaker 7: I'm taking the sign out?
Speaker 6: What are you doing that for? It's on public land.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm not saying who I am?
Speaker 8: Who are you?
Speaker 6: Or you wearing a teal T shirt. I'll start to film you now, are you Monic Ryan?
Speaker 3: Supporter of ripping down people's people's signs are so?
Speaker 7: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: It belongs to me. Hey, you can take it off the property, but it belongs to me. If it goes back up, it'll be taken down again. There you go, Monique Ryan, There you go.
Speaker 3: Community values, but he has since changed his tune, is now saying I unreservedly apologize for removing the side. It was a mistake. I believe the sign was illegally placed, but I should have reported my concerns to counsel and Monique. Ryan too has also apologize, saying it should not have happened. Adam, I do wonder whether there'd be any apologies without that footage being taken and becoming public.
Speaker 6: Not certainly not.
Speaker 5: Look, I mean, I'm not sure it actually hurts her though, to be honest, I mean, it's kind of sweet that her husband's out there helping her, you know, even if it's not you know, it's romance.
Speaker 2: It's dead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it goes on a lot, and look, there are rules about where things can and can't be put. But yeah, look, I mean it's it's kind of embarrassing, and clearly she was embarrassed by it. She's apologized, he's apologized. We'll probably see more of this through the election campaign.
Speaker 3: I would say, yeah, but you would hope not to see it from the husband of the local MP. You would think they would have more sense. The just have brazen and entitled. You'd have to be do.
Speaker 2: You wonder whether she hate like that.
Speaker 5: Do you wonder whether she knew in advance, whether he told her?
Speaker 9: Who knows?
Speaker 4: We'll never find that out.
Speaker 3: No, no, we can't blame the sins of the husband or not on Monique. Now let's go to tomorrow night's budget. We're going to see labor doing what labor does best, handing out bundles of tax payer funds and plunging the country to further economic strive. Treasury give Chalmers has considered that Australia is headed for years of deficits, saying that it remains to be seen when the budget will return to a surplus. With billions of dollars in extra spending set to be announced just weeks before the federal poll, the timing couldn't be better for looking.
Speaker 5: So it's all pretty depressing, to be honest, to talk about the budget we've just had. You're living through the biggest increase in federal spending since GoF Whitland fifty years ago, and this is all being paid for through the proceeds of a fading mining boom. So that's all going to run out. The tide's going to go out. If you like the revenue tide's going to go out and it's going to expose all of these spending problems, spending programs that we just can't afford. So I'm hoping that in the budget we see some signs of fiscal rectitude, but I am far from confident.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's going to be a price to pay for labor for really failing to deliver on their election promises. We were promised our electricity bills were going to go down, we were promised all sorts of cost of living relief, and if anything, things have gone backwards. People's living standards have fallen sharply in some cases. Is there going to be a reckoning or our Australian's going to be forgiving given this is a first term labor government.
Speaker 5: Well, look, I mean I certainly hope so that there's a reckoning and that labour suffers at the polls.
Speaker 2: But it's too early to say yes.
Speaker 5: But I certainly do think people are waking up to the cost of net zero. I mean, it was promised that power prices would fall I think by two hundred and seventy five dollars somewhat Fastically, yes, and I think we've read just in recent days that the power bills will be going up by nine percent. So clearly something is not working out there. Someone's lying and I think it's the it's the renewable energy exhialos who have been lying, and I think more and more people are waking up to this. So I think the fact that Labour's had to announce another one hundred and fifty dollars, I think another two billion dollars, I think that's very embarrassing for them.
Speaker 3: It is and taking our money, wasting some of it in the bureaucracy and then handing back the rest.
Speaker 2: That is not really a way to drive down energy prices. Let's go to.
Speaker 3: Canada now, and the newly appointed Prime Minister Mark Carney has decided to capitalize on the Donald Trump trade war with a nation and call a snap election for April twenty eight, well ahead of the original date of October twenty with support for the Liberal Party in Canada growing amid the tariff war with Donald Trump and course for Canada to become.
Speaker 2: The fifty first date. Not a smart move here.
Speaker 3: Of course, you're going to capitalize if you and you've got Canadians finally being proud of Canada being patriotic.
Speaker 2: Who could have imagined this? Donald Trump can work miracles.
Speaker 5: Now, Look, it's been an absolute godsense for Mark Carney, the whole tariff and Donald Trump's comments about Canada.
Speaker 2: So I mean it's very unfortunate for the.
Speaker 5: Poor opposition leader who was basically coasting to victory.
Speaker 3: I think Olivier is a very capable candidate, but Donald Trump doesn't like him and he's not doing him any favors.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: The great irony here is that the globalist Mark Krney is going to cruise to victory on a wave of patriotism, which is basically.
Speaker 2: What's going to happen.
Speaker 5: I think if you look at the polls, I mean their election, I think is it's for late April, right, so there's still a few weeks, but it's not looking good for Pierre. Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this Carney character has got all sorts of red flags with him. So we'll be remains to be seen where the Conservatives can capitalize on that. Now, the reimagined Australian five dollar bill will sport a new indigenous theme and replace the long standing portrait of the British monarch. This is country, is the land of water and sky. The RBA has said in a statement, and key to the theme is the recognition of First Nations communities contribution to the restoration and conservation of our environment Adam. They say, this is an important context.
Speaker 2: For this connection.
Speaker 3: What do you think I mean as the country crying out for a new five dollar bill?
Speaker 5: No, And look, I think if you are going to have a constitutional monarchy, which is what we have, you should have the monarch's face on something. And I think it's always been on the five dollar not or at least for a very long time it has. And so my personal view is that Charles should be drawn on that note. I think this is republicanism by stealth.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 5: I don't have strong views either way with monarchy or not, but if you are going to have one, you know, I think as a sign of respect you should have the head of state's face on something.
Speaker 3: You should And let's got two sides. Why can't you have on one side and change the other side? Now, before you go, you've been the US correspondent for the Australian newspaper for several years. You were there for much of the COVID madness, and you would be very familiar with his next character the file left activist teaches union boss Randy Windagan and who's been attempting to reride history, claiming that she was always for pushes to reopen schools.
Speaker 2: This is what she's claiming.
Speaker 3: She wanted schools to be reopened as early as April twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: But the receipts say otherwise. Let's have a look.
Speaker 11: Just because Donald Trump wants to take a risk with people who go to bars or beaches, those of us who have spent our life teaching kids are not going to take a risk with kids or with our members' lives.
Speaker 12: Remote and hybrid are really the only two ways you can reopen schools safely.
Speaker 11: We got at the Lady School opening because if you don't have the mask, how are you going to.
Speaker 2: Be able to do this.
Speaker 11: There's a huge difference between working in Walmart and working at a school.
Speaker 12: You know, even in a situation like Florida where it was pretty that schools should not reopen and where Miami schools did not reopen because you had people who were courageous and who were willing to divide. De Santosis denials.
Speaker 2: This is like thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: There's about ten minutes of her just railing throughout the entire COVID era against any school reopening. We had the same experience here, absolutely, but these people have found themselves, Adam, on the wrong side of history.
Speaker 4: Well certainly.
Speaker 5: One thing that I did learn in the US is that the teachers unions over there are so extreme and far left and powerful. That really shocked me. And they were, you know, they did a terrible job during COVID and so many young American kids have suffered just you know, just as they have here, and we really do need a raw commission into you know, who said what went.
Speaker 3: At least in America you did have states like Florida and Texas that reopened schools, whilst here the experience was very different, particularly in the state of Victoria where we're in.
Speaker 2: Adam Christian, thank you so much for your time, Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 3: Now is esteem geologist and author Professor I Primber In Labor's extending its energy rebates. It's going to be providing another one hundred and fifty dollars in energy bill relief, and the Albaneezy government has used the so called savings provided by this existing rebate to claim that they've reduced any energy bills by twenty five percent.
Speaker 2: But Ian, I'd love a fact check from you.
Speaker 3: Is taking money from the taxpayer and giving some of it back to them in the form of a rebate. Is that really something that you could call a drop in energy prices?
Speaker 2: And certainly nothing to be proud of.
Speaker 3: And I would say by any objective measure, energy prices are going up, not down, as the treasurer claims.
Speaker 13: Well, the average elector is not going to be conned by this. This is a simple job where we're still waiting for our two hundred and seventy five dollars.
Speaker 7: After that we might get one hundred and fifty, but we're paying for it.
Speaker 6: And when that money shifts from one hand to the other, the ticket gets clipped and there's a bit.
Speaker 7: Of money taken out. Now, what the government should be addressing is the root cause of their extraordinary high cost of electricity. Remember it was once cheap and reliable. Now because of renewables, it's very expensive. So they should be addressing the question, should we have so much renewable in the grid, Should we not resurrect our coal fired power stations? Should we not change the regimes such that we can get gas producers getting their gas into the market very quickly.
Speaker 6: This is a band aid solution.
Speaker 7: It's not treating the problem at its source, and it's treating the electric with the absolute disdain. So they're taking a huge amount of money with one hand and giving us back peanuts.
Speaker 6: I don't fall for it. That no one else does.
Speaker 3: And there's growing resistance against renewable energy infrastructure in the regions Australia's energy infrastructures are Tony. Maha said the rollout of the nation's renewable and transmission projects face significant.
Speaker 2: Hurdles to win over rural communities, with.
Speaker 3: The latest example in South Australia's Brossa Valley.
Speaker 2: We've got the locals.
Speaker 3: They're protesting against a major wind projects later for the area. They say the idea is absolute idiocy, and I've got to agree in we're talking about a beautiful area being scarred by these monstrosities.
Speaker 7: Well, we have foreign solar and wind companies who are building their facilities using Chinese parts and Chinese machines to generate electricity. We once had cheap, reliable electricity. We're now putting these monstrosities across beautiful areas. Areas which are farming areas, and areas which are areas where people actually live and make money and keep themselves alive from farming.
Speaker 6: Now, the Barossa is a beautiful area, but it's one.
Speaker 7: Of the many areas that's being attacked by these wind turbines. For example, the potato farmers just north of Ballarat are suffering the same problem. And this is in the seat of Catherine King. She is the infrastructure Minister. She should be concerned about infrastructure and how that infrastructure is going to stop potato farmers using heavy equipment underneath the wires that are going across their land. This is politically a disaster in marginal seats such as Ballarat. It's a political disaster for those in rural Australia.
Speaker 6: And we are.
Speaker 7: Absolutely dismissive of the farmer's concerns. They're treated with disdain and it's divisive in the farming community. Is creating mistrust of governments and bureaucrats and it's a really poisonous.
Speaker 6: Policy that's been put into practice now.
Speaker 7: Armors count when we want to eat, but they don't count when we want to destroy their land.
Speaker 6: And this is what's happening.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: In Shadow treasurer Angus Taylor has refused to say whether the coalition would increase defense spending, repeal price caps on coal and gas, or by how much it would reduce net overseas migration, which is going to be a big issue in the upcoming election. And Opposition finance spokeswoman Jane Hume has refused to commit to delivering income tax cuts for workers, despite vowing lower and simpler and fairer taxes under a coalition government. What exactly is the coalition plan here? It seems to have left itself with scan policy detail, really not articulating a position that's dramatically different to labor. What are they taking to the federal election.
Speaker 7: I think they're making themselves a small target. They are not having twenty seven different policies on the table.
Speaker 6: The major policy is the cost of living. Part of that is related to.
Speaker 7: The cost of energy, part of it is related to government inefficiency, and so they're actually trying to reduce the areas where the opposition can be attacked by the government. Now, the principal area that the opposition should be looking at is cost of living, but they also should be looking at how businesses operate when businesses are in trouble. They cut their costs. Governments are not doing that, and they should be pushing very very hard what they want to do with just enterprise and cutting the cost of government and the cost of creating services to people. This is above and beyond the necessary costs that you should have. And they're trying to make a small target of themselves and not trying to have a situation where they can be attacked on every quarter and such that they'll lose.
Speaker 6: A few votes. You lose a few votes there.
Speaker 7: So I think it's a deliberate campaign by the opposition to reduce the amount of a text that they get from the government.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I don't think that's the way to get elected, essentially running on the platform that we're not the Anthony Albanese government.
Speaker 2: The Victorian Lives have tried.
Speaker 3: That at state level and it does not work. You need to actually stand for something and give people a choice.
Speaker 2: Professor Ian Plymer, thank you so much for your time tonight. Thank you for your time, and still to come. Lefty is losing it.
Speaker 3: Plus the latest from the US, including Bill Maher's plans to visit Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Josh Hammer is up next.
Speaker 3: You're watching the Reader Panney Show, and it's time for lefties losing. It's start left is with the tragic fall of Bill Burr, a comedian who was once hilarious, unashamedly politically incorrect and not scared to take on the left group thing, but sadly a lefty wife and a.
Speaker 2: Severe case of TDS.
Speaker 3: Well, it's reduced Bill Burr to a sad joke, a very unfunny sad joke.
Speaker 2: Watch him here out on the View, yes the View here. He had a golden.
Speaker 3: Opportunity to folk fun of these crazy hysterical women, but instead he's joined their ranks and is railing against Elon Musk, these.
Speaker 14: Tech nerds that want to build robots because they do know how to talk to hot women.
Speaker 1: They're gonna take.
Speaker 6: All in a word, they're going to take off.
Speaker 14: They are literally going to replace us. They were like Beta right now and they come out with like the BC. And I think Elon has got the rockets going because they realize there's other earths out there and they're going to they're going to trash this one and because they don't have any concern for it, and they're going to move on to the next earth.
Speaker 3: Not sure that a billionaire with at least seven baby mamas that we know of has any issues talking to hot women. You should probably be talking to less. But great call there, Bill Burr. Remember when you were funny?
Speaker 2: I do got to mention.
Speaker 15: It's a male subsidized league. We gave you a league. None of you showed up.
Speaker 8: Where are all the feminists?
Speaker 16: You failed them, not me, not men. Women failed the WNBA, ladies, Ladies, name your top five all time WNBA players of all time. Coont's name five WNBA team named the WNBBA team in your city.
Speaker 2: You can't do it, yep.
Speaker 3: The WNBA and body positivity were favorite topics, and it was always funny.
Speaker 2: Ladies.
Speaker 16: If you could just support the WNB the way you support a fact ship that's prout.
Speaker 7: Of your body, it is no longer a threat to you.
Speaker 16: You know that lead would be doing bettercompos in the NBA. Oh my god, that's one of the saddest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you've a got it. You're gorgeous.
Speaker 8: You look great at bikini.
Speaker 2: I would kill myself if I look like that.
Speaker 16: You saw an alcoholic, we'd be like, oh my god, look at you your face down, passed up, your kids are crying.
Speaker 15: You're a hero, You're a god.
Speaker 8: Keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 3: But now Bill Burt is just another lefty losing it, cheering on a murderer and railing against capitalism.
Speaker 14: Some corporate had to give himself bonus check at the end of the year. What if we made it worse but made it look the same, then could our pools be bigger?
Speaker 17: Free?
Speaker 10: Luigi?
Speaker 2: Where did the laughs go?
Speaker 9: Bill?
Speaker 2: Where did they go?
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna say Bill Burs still has some ways to go to rival Rosio O'Donnell in the loopy stakes. Fresh from fleeing the US for Ireland, Rosie is now engaging in dangerous democracy denial and trying to start a conspiracy theory about the swing states and Elon Musk's influence.
Speaker 10: I question why the first time in American history, a president has won every swing state and is also best friends and his largest donor was a man who owns and runs the Internet. So I would hope that that would be investigated and that we would see whether or not it was an anomaly or something else that happened on election night in America when Kamala Harris was filling up stadiums with people who supported her, and Donald Trump was not able to do that. So it's curious to me, and as an American and a believer in democracy, I would hope that we would be able to look at all of the reasons why this happened.
Speaker 3: I must have missed when Elon Muska owned and run around the internet.
Speaker 2: What is she on about? And you won't be shocked to learn.
Speaker 3: That her circle is very small and very insula.
Speaker 5: How do you think America has changed in the months since he's been elected?
Speaker 10: Well, if you talk to any Americans, they're all in shock, or at least the ones that I know, I will have to say, I don't really have many people in my life that support him. I don't really understand how people could support a convicted Felon.
Speaker 3: Let's go from Ireland to Britain now and hear from the UK delegate for the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.
Speaker 4: I'm actually going to be talking to you about my nipples. As an oles and proud trans woman, I can tell you my nipples have been on quite the journey. Soon after starting HT, my nipples became quite scumbalous.
Speaker 3: Now talking about Lefty is losing it. Remember this chat before the election featuring teds Judio, actor Robert de Niro, and TV host Bill Maher.
Speaker 9: If he is he wins the election, you won't be on the show anymore. He'll come looking for me, will be There'll be things that happened that none of us can imagine. That's what happens in that kind of a dictatorship, which is what he says. Let's believe him. Take him at his word.
Speaker 1: I did from the beginning. Yeah, I mean, I said from the very beginning, this guy is never going to concede.
Speaker 2: Power a dictatorship.
Speaker 3: Well, no one has come for Robert de Niro and Bill Maher is still on TV, and now he will be meeting President Donald Trump at the White House. This has been set up by one of Mar's recent guests and one of Trump's friends, rockstar Kid rock Let's bring in Newsweek's senior editor at Large and article three projects Senior Council Josh Hammat. Josh, what do you think about this? I've got to say I am not a fan of this plan.
Speaker 6: Rita.
Speaker 15: I don't trust Bill Maher.
Speaker 8: I to put the mildly, I mean the same way that I don't trust Mark Zuckerberg and a lot of these California liberals who are increasingly in Donald Trump's good graces. Having said that, even though I don't trust him, I'm not sure that it's a politically bad move for Donald Trump. It's very little in the way of downside here. Frankly, there's only potential upside. I mean, Rita. Before the election, you and I discussed how the twenty twenty four election America really did not come down necessarily to an ideological right versus an ideological left divide. Rather, you have the MAGA America First Coalition, which is basically a non partisan coalition of the common sense. That's how you had so many prominent ex Democrats, people like RFK Junior, Tulsi Gabber there. And then on the other hand, you had the sibilsational arsonist that woke crazy. He's there now again. Bill Maher is a liberal. I disagree with him on more issues than I agree with him on there, but he is very anti woke. There are some things that he's potentially amenable to the Trump administration's message on. And more importantly, he's got a massive audience and he has an absolutely massive audience. His show is when god knows how many Emmy awards here in the United States. There he has genuine reach there, just kind of colloquially speaking here in my circles there people watch his show. I mean, I mean, here's message gets out there. So if Donald Trump can kind of bring him in, and if Bill Mark can at least becomes slightly less hysterically trumped arrangement syndrome induced. I'm not getting my hopes of for that, by the way, but if there's any possibility that happening, there seems like it's worth it to me. Again, I don't trust the guy there, but I see very little in the way of downside for this play.
Speaker 2: I think he gets a golden run. Josh.
Speaker 3: Not only is ma a tedious sufferer, I think he benefits from the bigotry of low expectations conservatives have these days for the left because occasionally, yes, he'll say something thing that's anti woke. He'll point out some sensible point of view, something the writer has been saying for years, and we all stand around and clap like he's said something profound, even though it's really just repeating what has been said by the other side of politics for for a long time. But as making Kelly exposed in her chat with MA, this dude is in a bubble, profoundly ignorant of stuff that he pretends to be passionate about, like election denial.
Speaker 15: Hillary Clinton, of course, is the original election denier. I'm sure you voted for her in sixteen.
Speaker 1: Well, she's not an election denier.
Speaker 15: She absolutely was the og election denier.
Speaker 1: First of all, she came out before the sun had risen to concede the election to Trump, and.
Speaker 15: Then spent the next four years seeing he was illegitimate. He was an illegitimate president.
Speaker 1: She okay, well, first of all saying she didn't say he was an ill Well she did, You tell me exactly what she said?
Speaker 15: She said those exact words repeatedly. I believe he knows he's an illegitimate president.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you say to that?
Speaker 3: Because, yes, amongst other left wing commentators and TV hosts, he's far more sensible, far more balance.
Speaker 2: But the end of the day, he has.
Speaker 3: Bought all these propaganda about Trump and hasn't bothered to check some of the information, including things like things that have been debunked for years that the left still are pushing these to this day.
Speaker 8: Look, I am not a Bill Moher apologize. I'll be very keen with you. I don't even watch the show actually, But having said that, I've had a number of friends here who have been on his show there, and I can tell you that that based on I've heard from those who have been there on the show with him, some of them have actually tried to talk in private off camera. I won't need names, I won't kind of get into that, but some of them have actually tried to talk about Trump with him off camera there, and they hear it there and everywhere hit a block because he seems to just genuinely have a mental block when it comes to Donald Trump there. He has a very hard time getting over with go over that, even if he is sympathetic to a lot of his policies there, He's definitely sympathetic to a lot of what Trump says. When it comes to the dangers of radical Islam, he's very pro Israel. I mean, like a free speech I mean, there's some stuff that he genuinely seems to disagree with the modern left on, but he has a massive hold up when it comes to Donald Trump. That's probably what Donald Trump is thinking and taking this meeting. Actually, he's like, Okay, this guy's a massive critic of mine. He's got a gargantuan platform. Maybe I can bring him in and like, you know, let's get it. Let's get a MacDonald's happy meal or something, and I'll show the like I'm not that I'm not a fascist, that I'm not straight out of Munich in nineteen thirty three or something.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 8: Again, maybe not the greatest odds in the world of succeeding there, but I'm just not necessarily seeing the downside here.
Speaker 3: Oh look, I think as the potential to backfire, because yes, he does wail against the modern left occasionally, but that's because he realizes that it's stopping them from being elected.
Speaker 2: He wants the Democrats in power.
Speaker 3: He's a fan of Gavin News and wants him to be president. So you look at what he's done to California.
Speaker 2: That's I've got my doubts about this.
Speaker 3: We're going to keep a close eye, but I've got a feeling this is going to backfire. Now, let's talk about failed VP candidate Tim Walls. He's been forced to apologize, well sort of, for this idiotic out first.
Speaker 18: They've got that little stock app. I added Tesla tude to give me a little boost during the day.
Speaker 2: Two twenty five and dropping now here.
Speaker 3: Tim Walls sort of apologizes, but then he mocks the right for being and I quote but hurt.
Speaker 2: This clown is all over the place.
Speaker 18: This gay bugs me in a way that is probably unhealthy. And but but I have to be careful about being a smart ass. I was making a joke. These people have no sense of humor. They are the most literal people, most literal people. But but my point was they're all mad and I, you know, said something I didn't you know, probably shouldn't have about a company.
Speaker 15: He is agree, agreed.
Speaker 18: They're all but hurt about the Tesla thing.
Speaker 3: Josh, does he even realize that the falling Tesla prices hurts the people in his state, not to mention the tens of thousands of Americans that Tesla employs.
Speaker 8: He probably does not actually realize that because he's not operating at a particularly a particularly high intelligence level. If I'm just calling it like I see it here, you know, there actually are some moderate ish Democrats who are not going like full complete utter discuss jerk when it comes to the issue of Tesla. So, for instance, Rocanna, who comes from Silicon Valley, he plays foot seat with a lot of the big tech big wigs.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 8: He had an interview this past week Rita where he said, I'm not rooting against Tesla, Tesla employees twenty thousand people in my district. Okay, thank you for speaking some common sense there, But Tim Walls doesn't really know common sense. From the other side of his foot there, I means this man speaks drivell and when he's not speaking drivell, he's speaking far left ideological pamblem there. Thank god this man is not the Vice president of the United States. Right there, I mean, frankly, rooting for an iconic American company to fail in this manner, to root for people who are living off of their investment income, living off their capital gains, people who are in their sixty seventies, who are retired, who are just living off of their dividends. Whatever they're rooting for them to fail is nothing short of disgusting. It's not about Elon Musk. That actually is virtually nothing to do with Elon Musk. This company has a ton of employees, workers who work at the manufacturing mills, and you have investors there really about them. By the way, I have to say, it was not that long ago. I feel like it was basically yesterday that Tesla was actually culturally here in America was largely a left wing company that was as recently as probably three, four or five years ago before Elon Musk started making his turn towards the rights, and it was considered to be a culturally left wing company for a very obvious reason is that it's an electric vehicle. It was going to be considered to be the clean energy equivalents of the gas guzzling pickup trucks from Ford and Chevy.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 8: Heck, I read I remember in some of my conservative circles, like like during COVID four or five years ago, we were making fun of lip bulls for driving Teslas. So I mean, how quickly things change there. I don't personally drive a Tesla. I happen to think that it's wonderful technology. Not really my cup of tea, to be honest with you. But the point is, this is an American company that has American employees and employees a lot of Americans, including right there in Tim Walls's state of Minnesota. And you have a lot of people that are dependent upon Tesla's stock going up and up and up. As the underlying guy of the company should didentate that it will do to actually live out the rest of their lives. So shame on you, Tim Walls, and thank god, thank god, sir, that you are not vice president of this great country.
Speaker 3: I think he's the worst vice vice presidential candidate we have seen. I struggle to think of anybody who has been more disastrous, just more bizarre or.
Speaker 2: Out of touch.
Speaker 3: And he's the governor of Minnesota. Minnesota state employees have Tesla shares in their pension funds, so if he's cheering on the falling share prices, he knows it's hurting them, or he at least should know. Now talking about Elon Mask, he has had enough. Hear has said that he's suing CNN after a panelist Jamal Bowman called him a thief and a Nazi.
Speaker 14: He's incompetent, he's a thief, he's a Nazi, and people don't trust him.
Speaker 2: I'm not a lawyer. You are a lawyer, But.
Speaker 3: That looks like a slam dunk defamation case if ay Long follows through.
Speaker 8: So the guy he's talking to there, Joe BURRELLI is a personal friend. Joe Burrelly is from stan Island. He's a no nonsense New Yorker. And I wish we saw the rest of that clip, reader, because I know that Joe Brelly probably socked Jamal Bowman proverbally speaking, right across the face. But Jamal Bowman lost his primary in New York City for being a one a genuine moron. Two for just being as idiologically left him as they come. Someone who was basically openly cheering on October seventh Amas. I mean, I'm barely exaggerating there. Someone who has taken every radical defund the police, open borders, defund ice, every left wing lunatic stance imaginable that guy has taken.
Speaker 14: There.
Speaker 8: Now, when you're calling someone a Nazi, here look the technical legal standard. And by the way, this is made up. The Supreme Court made this up. This is not what the First Amendment actually says. But in a nineteen sixties case called New York Times versus Sullivan, the Supreme Court basically said that when you have a defamation suit involving a public figure, which Elon Musk clearly is, then the burn of proof would be on the public figure and here that's Elon Musk, to show that the person saying it, that's Jamal Bowman, acted with actual malice. That's the legal standard, actual malice.
Speaker 15: So look, you.
Speaker 8: Definitely it's possible, It's absolutely possible. In this particular case there, you would definitely need some evidence and get to a jury. It would be a whole process there. If you're Elon Musk and you're the wealthiest guy in the world, what do you have to lose by bringing this lawsuit there, you're not worried about attorney fees or anything like that. There, go ahead and do it. Send a message to these thugs riad a Jamal Bowman's a thug. These people are bullies, the people that are coming across the Elon Musk. The only way to deal with a bully, whether it's on a playground in a kindergarten, whether it's i'm a CNN set, the way you deal with a bully is that you can't just cower in the corner and just let the bully punch you. You have to stand up for yourself and start throwing some punches back there. So I mean, if that means Elon musk file on defamation suit. I say godspeed and go for it.
Speaker 3: And Donald Trump got a huge reception over the weekend when he attended the packed Wells Fargo Center Arena for the NCAA Wrestling Championships.
Speaker 2: I had no idea this was such a big deal.
Speaker 3: The crowd there was huge, and he got a salute from White Hendrickson, who won the national championship.
Speaker 6: Chaft America did America brun I can't believe it. My job's on the floor.
Speaker 3: He did it, and he got a hug there from the champion as well.
Speaker 2: And we don't see that at sporting events. We've certainly seen it in the UFC, we've seen it.
Speaker 3: At the football Trump as much as he is hated by the media and they tell us the polls are against him, when he goes to these sporting events, you're hearing cheers and that is not normal.
Speaker 2: Normally the ends up booing politicians.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and he's done this many times now, right. So he actually went to the first NASCAR race of season, the Daytona five hundred, which is called the Great American Race period. He got a massive round of applause there at the Daytona five hundred. He went to the Alabama Georgia football game this past year, the Army Navy football games. Everywhere he goes to these big sporting games, he gets a massive round of applause. He's become the modern day Barack Obama in so far as he is the new cultural totem, he's the new cultural icon. Back in two thousand and eight, all the cultural amendment in this country was with hope and change in Barack Obama. The cultural momentum right now is with MAGA, is with MAGA and America First. It's an absolutely incredible sea change. The Democratic Party frankly, only has themselves to blame for it, as their approval ratings crater into the twenties. The most recent polling has their net approval rating hovering around twenty seven to twenty nine percent or so, So they only have themselves to blame for it. There, all Donald Trump basically has to do is get up there and sound normal and talk about normal issues and talk about tru and to solve normal people's problems in a normal way.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 8: You know, maybe insert a funny joke you are there. He's very good at that. He's a very funny guy and then you have a recipe for being a smashing success in today's dnage in America. And that's what he's done.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what we are seeing. The media is still having its meltdown. The American public seem to be pretty comfortable with what's happening at Josh hammert Thank you so much for your time tonight, Thank you reader.
Speaker 2: And still to come the reaction to what.
Speaker 3: Looks to be one of Disney's most disastrous films.
Speaker 2: Kinsey Schofield has the latest welcome back.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is celebrity and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey, The reviews are in, and Disney's woke reimagining of Snow White has been widely panned as one of the worst movies ever. Even the most so called progressive publications hates this film.
Speaker 2: Let's just have a look. It's just a few of.
Speaker 3: The summer is here. Lazy, visually repellent, said The Independent. Exhaustingly awful, said The Guardian.
Speaker 2: I like that one.
Speaker 3: A strange hot mess came from the Huffington Post.
Speaker 2: Good enough for TV.
Speaker 3: It's about the nicest review we've seen. That's was from Vanity Fair and the BBC came up with the film has a major identity crisis. Again BBC being polite there, And I've got to say, the extraordinarily bad film isn't helped by the fact that its biggest star is deeply Unpopulousno white actress Rachel Zegler is an unlikable lefty activist, infamous for all sorts of outbursts, including this one after Donald Trump won the twenty twenty five for election, posting made Trump supporters and Trump voters and Trump himself never know peace, goodness may How badly is this going for Disney Kinsey?
Speaker 17: That's right, I mean exactly, You're a poet. The New York Times reported that Disney Bosses exploded in August twenty twenty four after she shared a trailer for the movie on Twitter and captured it and captured it and always remember Free Palestine. It forced the snow white producer to go have a meeting with her, flying from LA to New York, and they had these crisis talks where he stressed her, You've got to watch what you say online because you could alienate half of your audience. And he went home feeling pretty confident in it. And then she pulled this Donald Trump's done, and people were so outraged by the Donald Trump post that she actually had to come out and apologize. I don't think she's learned any lessons from this. She just seems to be relentless in her being outspoken and politically politically salacious in some ways. And I think that it hasn't done Disney has learned their lesson. I think at the end of the day, that's the most important thing.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the true Disney have been burnt before by this sort of activism, and yet they just seem to be on a crusade to destroy much loved films.
Speaker 2: And if you want to make.
Speaker 3: A film where the heroine isn't about finding her prince and true love, it's all about her being empowered and this feminist message, write a new script, write a new story. Don't take something that's a much loved classic and completely mess it up and turn it into this hot mess of lefty activism. Now let's talk about Harry Potter author JK.
Speaker 2: Rowling. She's using a new TV series.
Speaker 3: Is based on her books to get a little bit of revenge on the ungrateful triover actors that she made into huge stars. Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Green too all turn their backs on Rally because she's taken a stand for women's rights.
Speaker 2: Tell me about this project.
Speaker 17: Well, it's going to be on HBO and auditions are going to begin next month for the children ages nine to eleven. They're looking again for Harry Ron and Hermimi and this show's casting team are working through thirty two thousand audition tapes to give you an idea of what a track this is going to be. And it's going to go through the entire book series, and she's going to executive produce as well. JK and HBO is saying she's very, very involved in this project and she is there to ensure that it is faithful to her books. Now, she has said that she the original cast could apologize, she doesn't think she has it in her to forgive them because they've just been so vile and the words used when it comes to this new project is totally eradicate and expunge these actors from the origin of this of its success. And she says, you know, I blame them for e wroting women's hard one rates. You know they're to blame for this.
Speaker 2: Good on her, Good on her for taking a stand.
Speaker 3: Now, Royal author Tom Quinn has told us in his new book Yes Man, The Secret Life of Royal Servants that, according to Camilla's royal aids, she in fact hated the idea of being queen and would regularly say to Charles, can't we get away from all this protocol?
Speaker 2: It's all bollocks.
Speaker 3: That sounds like something she would say, But Charles, who hates swearing, would reply, you're going to do it.
Speaker 2: Become queen for me, Darling Kinsey.
Speaker 3: Do we believe these conversations took place? I do enjoy these direct quotes that are big dished up in this book.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Tom Quinn, aka writer for the Crown, You know, I wonder if Camilla was afraid that it was history repeating itself. Alice Keppel was Queen Camilla's great great grandmother and the mistress of King Edward the seventh, King Charles the Third's great great grandfather. So perhaps she thought she would never be the wife, always the mistress. Perhaps she had just grown to accept that. But her great grandmother was her husband's great great grandfather's mistress in the eighteen nineties Wow and was so well loved by the man that she was there with him at his deathbed. So you know, maybe Camilla just thought, I know my role. But I think she's done a really great job of being the queen so far in supporting King Charles.
Speaker 3: I think she has as well, and I think she's much loved these days because she was probably the most hated woman Britain during Diana's time after that interview, and she's really shown that she's a servant for the people. She's doing a role she possibly doesn't want to do to support Prince Charles or King Charles. I should say, before you go, tell me about this gift that Kay Trump has received from the president. This is I think President Trump is telling us who his favorite grandchild is. What's Kay driving these days?
Speaker 17: So this is a gift from I imagine it's Trump and Elin and Trump. But the way that she presents it is that this was a special gift from Elon and it's some souped up cyber truck and she is so proud of how fast she can go on this car.
Speaker 2: I cringe.
Speaker 10: I'm so scared.
Speaker 17: I'm like, put your seapole on. But yeah, I think that there's definitely some favoritism there. And hey, this blows all those reports that Trump and Elon have any issues out of the water. Elon is not gifting Trump's granddaughter a car if these two have any behind the scenes beef.
Speaker 2: Yep. It's been a couple of big weeks for Kate Trump.
Speaker 3: Her mom has just come out and confirmed she is dating Tiger Woods. I'm sure we'll talk about that later in the week. Kinsey, thanks for joining me tonight, and that's it from me. Tomorrow night is Budget Night, so we'll be coming to you from our digital platforms. Check out us out on the app, on YouTube, don't go anywhere though.
Speaker 2: Newsnight is up next