Speaker 1: Trigger on ing. Some listeners may find this podcast distressing. This is a real story about a real person that is still unfolding in real time, and any leads or information from anybody out there may help the family either find the answers or the closure they're desperately searching for. Welcome back to the disappearance of Katie Walker. As I say at the start of every episode, this is a podcast series I wish I wasn't making, but it is already proving vital with leading to new information which I will touch upon today. But before that, I just want to say thank you to you all who have got behind this content and have helped getting it out there. Over the weekend, the mainstream media have now started reporting on Katie, which her family are so very grateful for, So thank you from me and also on behalf of them. Also, before I get into today's topic, another know on the Dubai incident I discussed in the last episode. At this point in time, as far as I'm aware, the police are still yet to look into that person, despite Katie's family tracking down the exact hotel that incident occurred and telling them, and I have since been told that when that incident did occur earlier this year, in early February, and Katie did wake up to those men entering her hotel suite. Katie's friend tells me that she did scream loudly, and I'm just showing that because some of you had questioned how she reacted and implied there was maybe something a bit suspicious about that. But no, like Katie woke up, men were in her room and she screamed, that's the reality of that situation. And then, as I discussed in the last episode, she didn't go to the police. The hotel apologized and I believe they gave her a complimentary stay in exchange for not making a bigger deal of the fact they'd given someone a key card to her room for today's episode, though a lot of you I've also asked if Katie was seeing anybody in Sydney or dating, and this is a topic I was uneasy about sharing on here initially, as I know how easy it is for people to judge and make assumptions, especially when talking about a woman. But for the sake of transparency and hopefully this also leading to more information, the answer to that question is yes and no. And since returning to Sydney in February. Katie had been putting herself out there in the local community and making friends and chatting to people. And you know, she would wake up and stroll from her unit in Darling Point down to the White Rabbit Cafe for a coffee in the morning, and she'd stop in Bills for lunch on occasion, and sometimes even evening she might stop by the Royal Oak Hotel in Double Bay for a drink. And during her visits there to the Royal Oak, Katie got to know some of the other regulars, including two men. Now for background context, before I get to those two men and one of those men in particular, I just want to recap what I've previously said, and that's how since returning to Sydney, Katie was in the process of relaunching her jewelry brand and figuring out her work situation and income. And yes, she was low on money with that running out quite quickly, and her father in the UK was helping her in the meantime. He paid for the short term lease on the unit she was staying in Dialing Point. And remember, as I also mentioned in her previous podcast, at this time, Katie was arranging the sale of some of her jewelry and crystal she'd left behind in America, with the last communication she actually had with two of her best friends there being you know, confirming which bank account Katie wanted them to send, which was around ten thousand Australian dollars, which you know, of course, would really help Katie that time get back on her feet. And during this time, while sharing her story and what was going on to some of the people she got chatting to in the Royal Oak, one of those men bat the sounds of it and what I'm told sensed Katie's I don't want to say desperation, because she wasn't desperate for money, because money was coming and she was making steps to make more money. But perhaps he sends how Katie was currently at a crossroads, maybe that's the better way to say it, and she was vulnerable and he offered her his nearby place to stay for free for a while, you know, to take off the pressure of rent at that time, and you know where she was staying and having to rely on her father. And this man, as far as I'm told, he doesn't live in Sydney, but he has a place in Sydney for when he's in town on business. And when he's in town, apparently he goes to that pub often, which is where Casey met him. And you know that place he has in Sydney, yarby to the problem I met is often empty for weeks on end, by the sounds of it on what I'm told, and you know, Katie was like, wow, what a great opportunity show. And then once Katie moved her stuff in, it wasn't the good deed that she thought it was.
Speaker 2: And then the last connection she had she she she stayed at some guy's place and she said that, you know, he's gentleman. She told me about this this place that she said, Oh my god, Elizabeth, you should see this house.
Speaker 3: It's it's freaking amazing.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like a palace, right, And so the guy, you know, of course, just wants to get in her pants. So he told her that, you know, you can stay here for as long as you want, you know, And next thing, you know, after like a couple of days, he's telling her that she's got to leave because her kids are come His kids are coming over.
Speaker 1: According to Katie's friends, Elizabeth there, who I've spoken to many times. Katie was then kicked out of that place after a few days, and the nice gesture from that recent stranger, sadly wasn't all that it seemed. And I am told that that man was questioned by the police at the start of their short lived investigation when they went to the pub, and he denied having any kind of relationship with Katie and that was it. And I'm also told there was another man who Katie was seen chatting too often in the Royal Oak. He was also questioned and he also denied having any kind of relationship with Katie. So for those who have asked, you know what she's seeing someone, was she dating? When I said yes and no, it's kind of because, well people maybe assumed yes because you know, she's seen chatting with two different blokes and she briefly was moving into one of their places, but then no, because they've both denied they were dating. Again, it's quite confusing, and Katie hadn't told her friends or family you know that I I'm seeing someone have met someone, So again, I don't believe there was a romantic thing, but perhaps that first man, you know, by the sounds of it, he wanted you can imagine when she moved into his place, and then by the sounds of it, if she wasn't willing to give him that, that's likely why he was then like, oh see you like my kids are coming to town. They need this apartment. And since I started this podcast series and there was the first mention of Dubai in particular, which is a well known place where sex workers do visit, I have seen just a couple of comments online from people making assumptions on Katie and suggesting, not suggesting, but asking like, hey, is she involved in that industry? But I will answer that here and I will say no, as far as I'm told by everybody who knows Katie, that is not true in any way, And even all of my research which I've done has also shown me again that that is just not true. And I think that assumption maybe comes from some of the confusion around like what Katie did for work as a jewelry designer, because there is a noticeable lack of like an online presence for her brand, Dream of Maya.
Speaker 2: She makes these very unique, beautiful gold jewelry and high end and.
Speaker 1: As far as I can tell, again by speaking to those who know Katie, it isn't big online because her brand, you know, which she spent years working on in America while married over there to her second husband, it was a small thing. It was handmade, luxury, one off custom pieces that she sewed directly to like local stores or jewelry boutiques. And it's not something that was like mass made or mass marketed, you know, whilet spamming it all over social media like we may do if we start any new small business, we want as many eyes on it as possible. But by the sounds of it, Katie's business that she was doing was the opposite of that. It was more through the people in the community. She was living in local shops, as I said, she was making and supplying to them. And it is also worth pointing out here that Katie's second husband, who she married in America and then was living with for several years, he is a wealthy man and he owns like a large healing retreat, which Katie, who is very spiritual and into all of the wellness thing, was kind of part of and living out with him while you know, doing her jewelry on the side. And then when that marriage ended in mid twenty twenty five, I believe Katie was then left with a bit of a settlement from the divorce, but that money unfortunately didn't last long.
Speaker 3: She made some bad choices, you know, after her divorce.
Speaker 1: But like, in what sense is that?
Speaker 3: Like men, you.
Speaker 2: Know, guys borrowing money to large sums of money to people that you hardly know and you have a relationship with them. This this dude in Texas who she lent one hundred thousand dollars that she really needed money, and she'd been bugging this guy and you know, but he she was just like, I know, he's got to give me my money back, or at least some of my money.
Speaker 3: I need my money.
Speaker 2: And he was just you know, put passing her off and like I, you know, I'm waiting until I get this you know whatever investments and blah blah blah. So he was just traveling all over the world, you know, jet setting basically on her money.
Speaker 3: Did show me a picture of him.
Speaker 2: I don't have a picture of him, but of course, you know I looked at him and I was like, not that.
Speaker 1: So when we talk about the last few months, then she's divorced, they've broken up. Yeah, she's owed one hundred thousand dollars from this man in Texas. Yeah, there's this issue with the guy in Dubai, which is a bit questionable. She's come to see her children in it sounds like she's running out of money quite quickly.
Speaker 2: She had already Dad was, you know, helping her out, you know, the apartment and whatnot.
Speaker 1: I'm not suggesting that that man there who she kind of loan money to or invested in whatever his business was, is any kind of suspect here. And I again feel a little uneasy sharing this stuff, but I do think it's important, and that's mostly because it really paints this picture of Katie who buy the sounds of it, and like, from what I'm understanding of her the more people I talked to, she is a woman who just seems far too trusting in people and seem to be just perhaps seeking solace and connection following her divorce in America and maybe seeking someone to help her feel grounded, you know, when there was that uncertainty. And yeah, she's then investing her time and money, you know in what her friends tell me were potentially the wrong people without the best intentions for her. And even now, like once she made it to Sydney, in February, and you know, Sydney is where she wanted to stay, to be around for her children, and she again just from hearing that story of the man in the pub, was again far too trusting in others while at this vulnerable point of her life. This is again why I think it's also so important that the police really do take their investigations seriously and like reopen it or put more effort in, or give it more resources, because because at the start, when Katie was first reported missing, and you know, they did find those men in the pub. But it feels like, again this is just what I'm being told from the various people I'm speaking to. It feels like the people the police spoke to were more questioned about Katie's state of mind and mental health as they tried to you know, almost back up this working they had of suicide. But now just given all the things I've learned, like while speaking to the people who knew Katie most, you know, and speaking to somebody knew which I'll get to next, I and Katie's family were like, we feel the police really do need to requestion every single person who Katie knows in Sydney and has had any single interaction within Sydney since coming back and even before when she previously lived in Sydney, and they even need to look beyond Sidney to be honest, like who was she talking to and interacting with in the last even year of her life, because somebody must know something, because as I've said many times, everything it just doesn't add up. And yes, someone just must know something, as discussed on this podcast series already, like the theory that Katie walked into the water unnoticed on a Saturday afternoon, it's just virtually impossible, and every single person I speak to agrees with that, and you know, to me and most people, the reality is Katie ever got into a vehicle when she stepped into that CCTV dead zone, or she went into one of the handful of apartments and houses in that little stretch of street where there was no cameras, And to me, it just feels unlikely, given the time of day and randomness of the street, that she was dragged into a car or property against her will, because just statistically, the likelihood of someone planning to do that in that location and just waiting in broad daylight hoping for what a woman to walk past they could grab like and then what you know, if that happened and then the woman's screams just didn't attract any attention. It just feels just as virtually impossible as Katie walking into the water, so so to me, and I think most people who are following this, like, the most plausible theory seems to be Katie was meeting up with somebody that she knew, and that's either she met them and got into their car, or she went into their home and they live on that street. Since my content about Katie has started rolling out, not only has it reached like hundreds of thousands of Australians who are kind of horrified by this story and also one answers and want to help, but it has also reached one lovely woman who could not believe what she was seeing because at the start of May she happened to meet Katie by chance, just while walking in the area they both lived. And this woman, you know, she spotted Katie walking alone and she said Katie perhaps looked a little stressed or like she was going through something, and instead of just walking past with her head down, like you know, let's be honest, most of us would this woman stopped and she approached Katie and she said, hey, I'm sorry to interrupt, but are you okay? And this woman and Katie then went for a little stroll together and they had a coffee, and over the weeks that followed they caught up for a coffee and a chat many times. And when I spoke to this woman, this I must say, absolutely lovely woman who got so upset when we were talking about Katie because even though she only knew her for what three four weeks, she met her at the start of May, and remember Katie went missing May twenty third. This woman just felt so strongly for Katie. And she told me how Katie had shared with her what was troubling her at that time when they first met at the start of May, and then for the weeks of their friendship, and she said that Katie had explained that now she was back here in Australia, she never wanted to leave again and she just wanted to be around for her two children, who are seventeen and nineteen. And Katie told her, you know, while reflecting over the last few years, as we all often do when we've reached like big crossroads in our lives, Katie was saying how she wishes she could go back in time and be around more and be, you know, a mom at home cooking than there is her kids came home from school. And I won't go into the specifics of why Katie didn't have custody of her children and she lived overseas, because I think that's a little too personally. You know, these things are sensitive. But over the last few years, everyone I'm speaking to us told me how Katie visited Australia often to see her children, and she on occasion would fly them to America, or she met her daughter in Dubai for like holidays, and she would send them money. And then you know, since returning to Sydney, according to this lovely woman, Katie realized that, you know, despite all of those things, the one thing she wished she gave her children more of was time. And again, I please, that's that you don't make judgments here on Katie, because these things are complex and layered, and life is complex and layered. But one thing to know that I've learned again through everyone I've spoken to, is just that Katie loved her children more than anything in the world. And as I was saying now she was back, she was adamant she wasn't ever leaving again. But away from that, and the thing Katie was stressing about when she met this lovely woman was it wasn't the money thing, because that was kind of being resolved and there was solutions there and money was coming. But it was the fact that her visa for Australia was about to expire, I believe towards the end of May. And Katie told this woman at the start of May when they first met, that she didn't have long left until it did expire, and she must leave Australia before that happened, so she can then apply for another visa while out of the country, so she can return through the proper channels and do it all like officially, because Katie said, if she didn't do that, which this is true, if she overstayed in Australia by even one day like that would impact her ability to then get a new visa and renew a visa, and it could essentially lead to her not being able to return to Australia for years. Like that's the reality of these visa situations. And you know, this woman, this lovely woman tells me. How then on May nineteen, after Katie's father in the UK had transferred Katie a bit of money into one of her friend's Australian bank accounts, they then withdrew that cash and give it to Katie. And then Katie and this woman, while you know, speaking while having their regular coffee and planning how she can fix the visa thing, they together they phoned up the flight center and they asked, is it possible for Katie to go in store and book a flight to the UK in cash? Because you know, at that point, as I just said, cash was all Katie had. And the flight center said over the phone to Katie and this woman that yes, you know, that's fine, you can book a flight in cash, paying cash. And then as that phone call ended, Katie told her friend like, great, I'm gonna go do that probably tomorrow and I will book that flight. And this was May nineteenth when she said that. This was May nineteenth when they phoned the flight center. This was May nineteenth when Katie said tomorrow or you know, the day after, she will go and pay for that flight. And you know, May nineteenth, that's four days before Katie was then last scene and Katie's plan, which she told her friend when she realized yes she could book that flight in cash, was to fly back to the UK asap, essentially on the next fly over the next few days, and stay with her father while reapplying for her Australian visa, and then the day that visa comes through, like they don't take long for British citizens overseas, she would then return to Australia to be back here for her kids on a more permanent basis, and like continue building the life she'd kind of slowly started to do of those last couple of months. And that friend of Katie's, after that day where they made that phone call and Katie said, hey, tomorrow or the day after, I'm going to go book that flight, that friend never saw Katie again. And then when that friends calls our messages didn't go through to Katie, that friend assumed that Katie had just jumped on the next available flight back to the UK, you know, so she could sort her visa issues, because the last time they spoke, that was Katie's plan, and that's what she was ect I did to do because it felt like she finally had a solution which would help you know, the thing that was stressing her out, the visa thing. There was a plan there, you know, there was money coming in and then much of this friend's horror when she saw my content she realized that, you know, sadly Katie didn't get on any flight. This new information from that lovely lady who I spoke to, that I then shared with Katie's family hasn't just brought them like comfort knowing that she made such a good friend, such a kind friend during those final weeks. But to Katie's family and her friends in America, who I've also shared that information with like it's also made them even more certain that Katie just did not take her own life. Because again, on the day she went missing, not only did Katie have money finally coming in from America, as I keep saying, money that she needed and that she was using to build the new life she wanted and was going to be such a relief, but she also then had the plan how to overcome the visa issues to come back to Sydney, which she was desperate to do so she could be around for her children more than ever, the children she loved more than anything. And on that again, as I've said, many times, despite the police's theory of suicide. At present, at the time of me recording this, there is no physical proof that Katie took her own life or is even deceased for that matter. And Katie's family in the UK, who I speak to daily and are the police's points of contact in their investigation. They're also assisting me with this podcast and the content, and they're grateful for the public support. And you know, we believe sharing this part of the story could hopefully lead to more information because anyone listening who is familiar with those venues in Door Bay or the Royal Pub, or maybe you've got friends who visit them often, like, please ask about Katie. Look at her picture again, because maybe you or they remember seeing her, or remember something which you may think is nothing, but honestly, it could be a huge help and help us continue in just putting the pieces together of what happened to Katie in those final days and hopefully figure out where she is now. And as I've said before and I'll say again now to end this, someone out there must know something